PDA

View Full Version : TRADE DEADLINE!!

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 03:39 PM
Okay. We’re here at the Trade Deadline. What should the Packers do? Or should they do nothing?

Thoughts?

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 04:28 PM
There’s a chance we get someone.

Brandin Cooks
Will Fuller
Calvin Ridley

These are guys who their respective teams probably can’t afford going forward.

Ridley is doubtful cuz he’s so young and talented, he’d fetch a 2nd round pick most likely and I don’t see us doing that for a one year rental.

I don’t like Fuller all that much. He’s been unreliable in the games I’ve seen him. Maybe a 3rd though. He’d be better than MVS.

Cooks is probably the most likely. Familiar with Lafleur. Fast. Much more reliable than MVS. Might be able to be had for a 3rd or less. It opens up our window a little wider this year.

I would consider DL too. I think defense would help us as well. Maybe Everson Griffen. Malcolm Brown of the Saints could be available, for financial reasons.

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 04:32 PM
But it depends on the cost. The Packers are poised to be in it for another couple years with their roster and cap situation. You hate to give up the next Davante Adams like 2nd round pick or a staple DT like Clark in the first round for a one year rental. It has to make sense. But as Bretsky has mentioned, our 3rd founders are often times garbage so a 3rd is like giving up Oren Burks and that’s no skin off anyone’s ass.

I kind of like Everson Griffen tho. I’d like to see us win with defense and I think he still has a little in the tank for a cheap 1 year rental

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 04:33 PM
Griffen/Lowry
Clark/montravious/Lancaster
Keke/Winn

I like our chances in the 4th quarter with all those hogs rotating

Freak Out
10-26-2020, 04:33 PM
Defense please.

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 04:38 PM
Defense please.

ILB would be nice. Or maybe Ricardo Allen from Atlanta. Move Amos to ILB. He looks like he’s going all of 220. He could do it.

Joemailman
10-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Packers are about 6.5 million under the cap. So I don't think you're going to see big name. Maybe something at ILB if Barnes and Kirksey are going to be out a while. Or a slot WR.

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 05:27 PM
This is such a bigger topic than just win a SB with Brandin Cooks, although I do see the vision.

We’re against the cap now about like KC last year and KC is against the cap now like most teams have never been.

What that means is KC proved you can cook the cap a little and a lot. We can still keep some of our guys. I feel like we have a good shot this year and next year and the year after. I think our window is that big. So I think about winning one or more over the next three years without Cooks.

I think kirksey is an easy cut next year. Wagner would be next. And then Preston but the dead money makes that kind of stupid unless he’s really gotten lazy in his offseason stuff and you have good reason to cut him.

Salaries will be down because the cap is down. Bakh is just not going to get what he wants because the NFL spread the Covid cap hit over the last 3 years of Bakhs prime. We can easily keep

Bakh
Jamaal Williams (cheap)
Montravious Adams (cheap)

And you’re still set up to extend Jenkins and Alexander to big ones, soon.

I think we can function pretty well without King and Kirksey. I think an OL of

Bakh/Jenkins/Patrick/Runyan/Turner is stable enough for AR to work with

So when I start thinking about decisions, trades, etc.... I think about all of it, winning one not just this year, but ideally every year. And we definitely have a window here where we can.

Ol’Montravious is weirdly positioning himself into a no brainer small second contract with some incentives.

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 05:32 PM
Double post

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Wagner
Montravious
Turner (LT versatility)
Jamal Williams

We have some really solid, low priced guys on the roster that open our window during this Covid affected cap span. We’re in good position for these last 3 or 4 years of 12’s prime. The window is now and for the next few years. There is a lot to consider

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 06:12 PM
Cooks makes the most sense as I’ve posted with the way his contract is set up, availability, health, Scheme experience and Need. Complete Plug and Play Situation!

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2020, 08:13 PM
What's the word on Barnes? It didn't look like much when he went out.

I don't see the Packers making a trade unless somebody good is shopped for a really good price.

Sparkey
10-26-2020, 08:41 PM
Barnes dealing with the same shoulder issue. Apparently aggravated it.

Sparkey
10-26-2020, 08:42 PM
Golden Tate ? Equally good in the slot and outside and is an excellent route runner.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 08:43 PM
I can almost guarantee the Packers are going to make a trade for a WR!! Book It!!

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 08:45 PM
Golden Tate ? Equally good in the slot and outside and is an excellent route runner.

That one might of been in the wheel house but Patricia is coaching for his job and they are still in it.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Cowboy fans around here seem to believe they are going to get Stafford somehow.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2020, 08:48 PM
Golden Tate ? Equally good in the slot and outside and is an excellent route runner.A broke man’s Antonio Brown? Despise the SOB but it would be a good pickup.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 08:56 PM
Cowboy fans around here seem to believe they are going to get Stafford somehow.

Cowboys fans? Their still alive? LOL

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 08:58 PM
I saw a Cowboys live stream melt down yesterday which turned into basically a brawl and they all fought each other. LOL

Sparkey
10-26-2020, 09:16 PM
That one might of been in the wheel house but Patricia is coaching for his job and they are still in it.
Tate is with the G-Men.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 09:21 PM
Tate is with the G-Men.

Oh yeah, my bad. Tate is the kinda guy you hate if he isn’t on your team. He is clutch!!

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 01:18 PM
They are trying.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2915313-zach-ertz-trade-rumors-packers-ravens-made-offers-before-eagles-tes-injury

jklowan
10-27-2020, 01:37 PM
I'm hoping for a fire sale in Dallas and D Poe would be a cheap addition to help the D-line

RashanGary
10-27-2020, 02:34 PM
They are trying.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2915313-zach-ertz-trade-rumors-packers-ravens-made-offers-before-eagles-tes-injury

Ertz, even with a few weeks of a high ankle, wouldn’t be the worst thing. He’d get a chance to learn the offense and then make a playoff push with his new team

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 05:02 PM
Ertz, even with a few weeks of a high ankle, wouldn’t be the worst thing. He’d get a chance to learn the offense and then make a playoff push with his new team

I’d be down with Ertz. He is a battle tested vet with Super Bowl experience that can produce. Like I have said the whole time it doesn’t necessarily need to be receiver. I’d prefer a receiver but another weapon is the main goal and TE’s are gold in this offense. Lewis is a liability in the pass game. Deguara is on IR and Sternberger hasn’t developed as planned yet so Ertz makes sense to go along with Tonyan. Those two on the field together with Adams and Jones and either Ervin or Lazard (when he comes back) would probably be enough. MVS would still be the weak link rotating in but oh well. I’d take Errz at this point in a heart beat.

RashanGary
10-27-2020, 05:23 PM
Adams
Lazard
Ertz
Tonyan/MVS/Lewis rotation at the 4 spot
Jones/Williams rotation

I would have to think it would be something like this

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 06:57 PM
Works for me. It gives Rodgers that “Other Option” I’ve been talking about and takes some of the pressure off Adams when we get into the game when it’s not so easy for him to just line up and smoke somebody all game long.

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 06:58 PM
Gutekunst is obviously hell bent on going bigger so, so be it.

Sparkey
10-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Ertz can't be traded. He is on short term IR.

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 09:15 PM
Ertz can't be traded. He is on short term IR.

Well that’s obviously what killed the trade. I think we were more or less just speculating if anything what it would of looked like.

It appears to me Gute wants to go bigger.

Sparkey
10-27-2020, 09:33 PM
It would have to be someone in last year of contract.

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2020, 12:21 AM
This is just a case of people wishing for what the Packers already have. I very much doubt that Erst would be better than Tonyan, and he'd just get in the way of Tonyan's progress. Sternberger hasn't been much, but he supposedly still has potential, and that would be stunted by bringing somebody else in too.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2020, 01:47 AM
Since Seattle ain’t trading DK Metcalf, I’d like to see the German Shepherd trade a 1st and “Cletidus” Clark to New Orleans for Michael Thomas.

Bretsky
10-28-2020, 02:07 AM
I come back here and Brandon and Gary are getting along ? Wth...lol. I think I saw Evers in griffin was traded for next to nothing. I like Denzel mims...oops too late to trade up. My bad. I will be happy for any improvement by adding a weapon or pass rusher

Fritz
10-28-2020, 09:07 AM
This is just a case of people wishing for what the Packers already have. I very much doubt that Erst would be better than Tonyan, and he'd just get in the way of Tonyan's progress. Sternberger hasn't been much, but he supposedly still has potential, and that would be stunted by bringing somebody else in too.

Wow. I actually agree with Tex. Why bring in yet another tight end? Doesn't make sense.

If anything, I'd like to see someone on the defensive line who could make a difference. But that would cost a lot, and the Packers don't have much cap room. Gute has taken that big gift that Thompson left him and used most of it up.

What happened to Kingsley Keke? I thought he was Mr. Improved in camp this year? Been quiet. Mt. Adams is okay, but he is not a difference-maker. Someone to take the heat off Clark, or a run stuffer?

But not likely.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-28-2020, 09:49 AM
Wow. I actually agree with Tex. Why bring in yet another tight end? Doesn't make sense.

If anything, I'd like to see someone on the defensive line who could make a difference. But that would cost a lot, and the Packers don't have much cap room. Gute has taken that big gift that Thompson left him and used most of it up.

What happened to Kingsley Keke? I thought he was Mr. Improved in camp this year? Been quiet. Mt. Adams is okay, but he is not a difference-maker. Someone to take the heat off Clark, or a run stuffer?

But not likely.

Why trade a 2 to rent an aging TE who would rather retire than move to cold, dark and dull Green Bay, especially on a roster already occupied by a hotshot TE who, unless said hotshot TE jumps into a hot tub with high school chicks, is enroute to the Packers HOF?

You live in crazy, dark and dull Michigan, so you probably skipped a few Packer games. I’ve seen ALL 6 games thus far, so trust me on this: King Keke has been making more plays than Cletidius Clark.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 11:27 AM
Seahawks getting help with their pass rush.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/2b16b124-8296-499d-ab94-71764e8f2dcf

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:18 PM
Packers inquiring about Will Fuller. Matt Lafleur knows him from Notre Dame and had great things to say about him, the person, leading into the Texans game. He’s the kind of guy (our front office knows personally) who we tend to scoop.

Preston (Lafleur knew him)
Z (our top scout from Baltimore knew him)

I don’t know if connections to Turner and Amos.....

But our biggest risks came on guys our front office knows. Fuller is an option for sure. He would require a 2nd round pick minimum I’m sure.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 12:19 PM
Here we Go!!!

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1321500055388344321

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 12:20 PM
Packers inquiring about Will Fuller. Matt Lafleur knows him from Notre Dame and had great things to say about him, the person, leading into the Texans game. He’s the kind of guy (our front office knows personally) who we tend to scoop.

Preston (Lafleur knew him)
Z (our top scout from Baltimore knew him)

I don’t know if connections to Turner and Amos.....

But our biggest risks came on guys our front office knows. Fuller is an option for sure. He would require a 2nd round pick minimum I’m sure.

Beat me to it! Told ya there would be a move going down. Love Fuller in this offense!!

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:22 PM
Adams (do everything)
Lazard (a lower level do everything type with being elite for lafleurs motion offense as he can do those inline movement blocks that often times come off motion.)
Fuller (a lower level than Adams do everything with elite deep threat ability)
Tonyan (a do everything TE)
Jones/Williams (between the two, ideal for all situations)

Our offense, on paper, would be wide open with Fuller.

run pMc
10-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Seahawks getting help with their pass rush.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/2b16b124-8296-499d-ab94-71764e8f2dcf

they need it. their best pass rusher is probably Jamal Adams. The SEA D ain't what it used to be. Dunlap is a good pickup.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Beat me to it! Told ya there would be a move going down. Love Fuller in this offense!!

Yeah. You had your points and clearly Gute at least partially agrees. How far is he willing to go. What’s he willing to give up is the question now.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:30 PM
Allen Lazard practicing this week too. We’d have a pretty big bump down the stretch with Fuller getting comfortable after a few weeks and Lazard rounding into shape

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 12:34 PM
It’s a necessary move!!! Puts us in the drivers seat!! Do it!!!!!!!

I believe Fuller can get even better!!!!

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:36 PM
Lazard and Kirksey back at practice this week. I’m guessing both will miss the Vikings and 49ers games. But, there’s a chance either could play a part time role in one or both. Kirksey especially has played a lot of football and wouldn’t need much practice to have a part time role.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 12:37 PM
Will Fuller is what everyone thought MVS was!!!!

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:56 PM
Will Fuller is what everyone thought MVS was!!!!

Yes. Agree. I’ve watched him quite a bit. He’s a little unreliable with catching the ball and not great underneath or in traffic. But if Fuller gets a C grade in his weakest areas, MVS gets an F.

Fuller is definitely the perfect replacement for MVS in that he’s an A level deep threat along with being at least decent at everything else. He can be counted on as “the guy” at 2 when Lazard is out and a perfect 2 when Lazard is the healthy 3. He really is the perfect 2 receiver for this offense, the way it’s built.

Being real though, we’re getting a #2 WR not a number 1. He’s not good at everything like Adams, Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, etc.... he’s more of an up and down type player, just not to the level of MVS obviously. He’s better in fit for this team than he is overall.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 12:59 PM
And you hate to give up a lot for him. A second round pick for us is essentially an early 3rd so it’s not devastating to give that up. Beats the shit out of the Patriots giving up a 2 for Sanu.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Yes. Agree. I’ve watched him quite a bit. He’s a little unreliable with catching the ball and not great underneath or in traffic. But if Fuller gets a C grade in his weakest areas, MVS gets an F.

Fuller is definitely the perfect replacement for MVS in that he’s an A level deep threat along with being at least decent at everything else. He can be counted on as “the guy” at 2 when Lazard is out and a perfect 2 when Lazard is the healthy 3. He really is the perfect 2 receiver for this offense, the way it’s built.

Being real though, we’re getting a #2 WR not a number 1. He’s not good at everything like Adams, Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, etc.... he’s more of an up and down type player, just not to the level of MVS obviously. He’s better in fit for this team than he is overall.

Will Fuller PFF Grade This Year “78.0”

MVS “55.8”

Plus Fuller has been contaminated with a Bill O’Brien offense. Get him in here with LaFluer and Rodgers and I think the sky is the limit!!!

I agree. The only issue is some moderate inconsistency but nowhere near what we’ve been through with MVS.

jklowan
10-28-2020, 01:13 PM
Any thoughts on snagging A Cooper from Dallas he is signed for another year at "reasonable Dollars"

Fuller is a free agent next season, I don't think we have the cash to sign him given we need to take care of our own FA

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 01:14 PM
I agree. The only issue is some moderate inconsistency but nowhere near what we’ve been through with MVS.

He’s a good player and a great fit. I don’t love him, but I do think if you’re taking a shot in a year we got pretty lucky with no real long term injuries and ideal lucky development.... this is the guy who makes the most sense for a great shot at a SB ring.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 01:37 PM
He’s a good player and a great fit. I don’t love him, but I do think if you’re taking a shot in a year we got pretty lucky with no real long term injuries and ideal lucky development.... this is the guy who makes the most sense for a great shot at a SB ring.

He is a good kid too and I think they feel comfortable bringing him in which is a huge factor. They have a real good locker room going so I do understand that.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 01:38 PM
Any thoughts on snagging A Cooper from Dallas he is signed for another year at "reasonable Dollars"

Fuller is a free agent next season, I don't think we have the cash to sign him given we need to take care of our own FA

I don’t see Cooper happening. Maybe Gallup would be an option.

texaspackerbacker
10-28-2020, 01:40 PM
I like Will Fuller, but I very much doubt he would be cheap. The bottom line is, we just don't need him. All the shit being spewed about Valdez-Scantling, he likely will get back to where he was early in the season with Lazard coming back soon. That and Taylor showing signs of being good and Tonyan emerging as a threat and some slim hope yet for Sternberger, as well as St. Brown likely getting back to at least what he showed before being injured last season, we will be fine at Receiver.

Cooper would not be cheap, and it seems like he takes plays off sometimes. Gallup is what MVS would be if MVS could catch the ball better - as I think he eventually will.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 01:47 PM
I like Will Fuller, but I very much doubt he would be cheap. The bottom line is, we just don't need him. All the shit being spewed about Valdez-Scantling, he likely will get back to where he was early in the season with Lazard coming back soon. That and Taylor showing signs of being good and Tonyan emerging as a threat and some slim hope yet for Sternberger, as well as St. Brown likely getting back to at least what he showed before being injured last season, we will be fine at Receiver.

Cooper would not be cheap, and it seems like he takes plays off sometimes. Gallup is what MVS would be if MVS could catch the ball better - as I think he eventually will.

Luckily your not calling the shots!!

Some of us want to win a Super Bowl!

smuggler
10-28-2020, 01:47 PM
Since Seattle ain’t trading DK Metcalf, I’d like to see the German Shepherd trade a 1st and “Cletidus” Clark to New Orleans for Michael Thomas.

You're insane.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 01:50 PM
We can’t wait on MVS anymore. The MVS project/experiment needs to be turned off!!

SudsMcBucky
10-28-2020, 01:59 PM
As I also commented a couple of days ago, Fuller was the guy I was most on board with adding among those bandied about.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 02:32 PM
The bar is so low that they’re is so many that can help us!

smuggler
10-28-2020, 09:12 PM
I just don't see the rationale for the Texans to deal Fuller. They're probably getting a 2022 third or fourth for him if he walks in the offseason. Does it really help all that much to get the pick one year earlier? Only rationale would be the HHCD logic of "We're signing dudes this offseason, so damn the comp pick!" but Houston is not on the verge of contention, so even that doesn't make sense. Just let him to to free agency. Maybe you keep him, maybe he scoots and you get a comp pick.

Sparkey
10-29-2020, 04:42 PM
I would take a 4th in 2021 over a 3rd in 2022. It's more valuable in 2021 because it gives you more flexibility in the draft.

Not to mention Watson's cap hit in 2021 is 15.9mil vs 40.4 in 2022.

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2020, 04:50 PM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2

MVS: 71st (out of 72) in DVOA, 103rd (out of 107) in PFF grade

Will Fuller: 7th in DVOA, 19th in PFF grade

Getting Fuller and having him do all the MVS stuff would be a HUGE upgrade.

Fuller is interesting. He would play the MVS role, but he'd be much better at it. He is injury prone though. I'd give up a 3rd. Probably get a comp pick back in 2022.

Spaulding
10-30-2020, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't have thought that Fuller was on the table with regard to trades but SiriusXM appears to suggest that as well. No idea why the Texans would trade their only other good young receiver (other than he is injury prone) after having traded away Hopkins. Seems like rather than building weapons around Watson they are in full fire sale mode it appears. Bill O'Brien did that team no favors as GM.

A third for a rental of Fuller would be pretty sweet (based on assumption we get at least a 4th in compensatory picks for him) and get MVS and the other WR5's off the field once Lazard comes back. Would make for a pretty good 11 personnel package I would think.

I'm onboard for the missing link according to Brandon (although I'd rather see a run stuffer on defense as that has been our achilles heal in big games as of late).

SudsMcBucky
10-30-2020, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't have thought that Fuller was on the table with regard to trades but SiriusXM appears to suggest that as well. No idea why the Texans would trade their only other good young receiver (other than he is injury prone) after having traded away Hopkins. Seems like rather than building weapons around Watson they are in full fire sale mode it appears. Bill O'Brien did that team no favors as GM.

A third for a rental of Fuller would be pretty sweet (based on assumption we get at least a 4th in compensatory picks for him) and get MVS and the other WR5's off the field once Lazard comes back. Would make for a pretty good 11 personnel package I would think.

I'm onboard for the missing link according to Brandon (although I'd rather see a run stuffer on defense as that has been our achilles heal in big games as of late).

They'd trade him because he's a FA after this year, the Texans are going nowhere, and there's no guaranty he'd resign with them after the season.

run pMc
10-31-2020, 12:06 PM
Michael Gallup would be interesting because he's still cheap, but DAL would likely want a lot for him.

I've heard the JSO say that Gute has asked about Fuller and Dante Pettis, among others. I think they are trying to determine asking price. If HOU wants a R1 pick for Fuller, they aren't going to make that deal. Fuller can still give HOU good games this year and either re-sign with them or walk and garner them a comp pick. Salary cap going down makes a trade tricky as well.

I think ultimately they won't find a trade partner and keep cycling thru the waiver wire or poach from a PS. Meanwhile, they have a near-historic level offense, albeit one beating up on non-playoff teams.

Sparkey
11-01-2020, 04:06 PM
Todays game reads two ways:

Packers should try to trade for a difference maker on Defense.

Or

Packers need to get a WR because you can't rely on that D to make a stop when it matters.

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Todays game reads two ways:

Packers should try to trade for a difference maker on Defense.

Or

Packers need to get a WR because you can't rely on that D to make a stop when it matters.

If they're about to get Lazard and Jones back, I would go for the former.

texaspackerbacker
11-01-2020, 05:45 PM
I'm even more sure than before that nothing is gonna happen before the trade deadline after hearing what whatshisface, the Fox guy, had to say today about crap corona protocols, etc., likely any new guy would miss one maybe two games before being cleared.

If we get anybody, though, hell yeah, it needs to be somebody to make a difference on defense. That goes for the off season, the draft, the whole shibang.

The other thing that is obvious is that whenever Aaron Rodgers is gone - whether that's closer to two years or ten years, the Packers are in deep shit and headed rapidly toward the bottom.

Freak Out
11-02-2020, 07:54 PM
We should trade for Blake Martinez.

Spaulding
11-03-2020, 01:49 PM
Latest trade rumors continue to suggest that Will Fuller to the Packers is a possibility but that there is disagreement within the Packers on value given the Texans evidently want a 2nd round draft choice in return.

Is is just me or does that seem pretty steep for a partial year rental of an oft injured but talented WR? He would obviously fill the need for a WR2 on the team but given the inability to stop the run does it even matter?

NFL Network thinks it's a good trade and one the Packers should make and I realize they would get some type of compensatory pick by whoever signed Fuller next year but it still seems quite high being a 2nd.

Thoughts? Am I in the minority that I'd rather give up a draft pick for DL help than Fuller? Quinnen Williams as noted in another article would look good right about now and likely cost the same with him under contract for another year and hopefully solidify the rush defense.

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2020, 02:06 PM
Latest trade rumors continue to suggest that Will Fuller to the Packers is a possibility but that there is disagreement within the Packers on value given the Texans evidently want a 2nd round draft choice in return.

Is is just me or does that seem pretty steep for a partial year rental of an oft injured but talented WR? He would obviously fill the need for a WR2 on the team but given the inability to stop the run does it even matter?

NFL Network thinks it's a good trade and one the Packers should make and I realize they would get some type of compensatory pick by whoever signed Fuller next year but it still seems quite high being a 2nd.

Thoughts? Am I in the minority that I'd rather give up a draft pick for DL help than Fuller? Quinnen Williams as noted in another article would look good right about now and likely cost the same with him under contract for another year and hopefully solidify the rush defense.

Unless the 2nd is under the presumption that Will will agree to an extension prior to the trade.

Joemailman
11-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Unless the 2nd is under the presumption that Will will agree to an extension prior to the trade.

That is the only way it would be a good idea.No way do you give up a 2nd round pick to pick up a guy for 8 games.

Sparkey
11-03-2020, 02:39 PM
"Latest info": Packers offered a 3rd and 5th for Fuller. Texans want a 2nd rd pick.:

Fuller and Fullers agent are pushing for the Texans to make the trade.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update - Packers offered a 4th and 5th, not a 3rd as originally reported.

Spaulding
11-03-2020, 03:04 PM
With our recent history of 3rd round picks, heck should offer a 2021 and 2022 3rd round picks. Still hoping for DL help though.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2020, 03:36 PM
That is the only way it would be a good idea.No way do you give up a 2nd round pick to pick up a guy for 8 games.

Belichick did it.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2020, 03:40 PM
"Latest info": Packers offered a 3rd and 5th for Fuller. Texans want a 2nd rd pick.:

Fuller and Fullers agent are pushing for the Texans to make the trade.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update - Packers offered a 4th and 5th, not a 3rd as originally reported.

Oh for fuck’s sake, just give them the 2!!! Quit hibernating and get it done, German Shepherd!

Wolf once traded a 2 for Keith Jackson and Jackson threatened to retire!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Looks like Murphy or Ball nixed the Fuller trade. Rumors are saying, some idiot Packer brass “at the top”refused to throw away draft capital to rent Fuller.

Shit like this is why the Packers need to bring back the Wolf Silos! MVS, St. Paul, Shepherd, Taylor, what the fuck! None of these wankers would make the LA Rams’ 53. The Packers have the worst receiving crop in the NFL!

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2020, 04:18 PM
No way would I give up a 2 for Fuller. They aren't winning a super bowl this year anyway so what's the point? Keep building and conserve your affordably priced equity.

Spaulding
11-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Draft capital next year is going to be a premium too given the expected reduction of the cap. Not surprised they didn't up their ante to a 2nd and not entirely disappointed given adding a receiver doesn't fix the rush defense. Slightly disappointed we stayed put but if (and that's a big IF) Lazard returns and is healthy then between him and Adams, Tonyan and Sternberger with Jones out of the backfield also adding receiver value they should be fine. Just stop the dam run.

Bretsky
11-03-2020, 08:02 PM
No way would I give up a 2 for Fuller. They aren't winning a super bowl this year anyway so what's the point? Keep building and conserve your affordably priced equity.

THIS

wist43
11-03-2020, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't give up a 2nd for Fuller either, but it's pretty obvious we don't have the horses to make a championship run this year.

And next year we're going to be just as deficient in the same areas as we were going into last year's draft. WR, ILB, DL... same weaknesses as last year, and we'll surely end up with a new backup center, S, and RB in the 1st 3 RDs next year.

The Packers as an organization, their overall philosophy that is hardwired into their DNA, is that the NFL is a passing League, therefore stopping the run is not a priority. Add to that baseline of flawed thinking the fact that they care absolutely nothing about the ILB position, and you have an organization that is guaranteed to struggle on defense forever and ever amen.

Did you guys see Devon White flying around against us?? He's an absolute beast - the Packers would never consider using resources to acquire a guy like White.

Freak Out
11-03-2020, 08:25 PM
THIS

Damn. May as well stop watching. Giving up after 7 weeks?

call_me_ishmael
11-03-2020, 08:51 PM

Absolutely not, but definitely not confident enough to give up a premier ~4 year asset for a ~9 week rental when we have cap troubles looming. For sure not worth it. For a #5, yes sign me up.

Bretsky
11-03-2020, 09:50 PM

I"m watching every week and I'll enjoy; but it's highly unlikely we're winning the big show.
Our defense is deficient, the biggest reason. Our receiving talent after Adams is pretty bad too but we probably need to play defense anyways

Joemailman
11-03-2020, 11:30 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
2h
Wanna know why the Packers didn’t give Houston the 2 for Fuller?

2019: Elgton Jenkins
2017: Kevin King
2014: Davante Adams
2013: Eddie Lacy
2012: Casey Hayward
2011: Randall Cobb
2008: Jordy Nelson
2007: Brandon Jackson
2006: Greg Jennings
2005: Nick Collins
2000: Chad Clifton.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-04-2020, 01:24 PM

Quinten Rollins
Josh Jones
Jason Spriggs
Brian Brohm
Jerel Worthy
Josh Jackson
DK Metcalf. Oh, wait. Some incompetent GM took a fucking center instead.

The draft is crapshoot. Fuller is a proven NFL player. Wolf once traded a 2 for a “retired” TE. Belichick traded a 2 for Sanu. Packers shoulda traded for Fuller!

Joemailman
11-04-2020, 01:51 PM
Quinten Rollins
Josh Jones
Jason Spriggs
Brian Brohm
Jerel Worthy
Josh Jackson
DK Metcalf. Oh, wait. Some incompetent GM took a fucking center instead.

The draft is crapshoot. Fuller is a proven NFL player. Wolf once traded a 2 for a “retired” TE. Belichick traded a 2 for Sanu. Packers shoulda traded for Fuller!

Sanu had 207 yards receiving for the Patriots. You call that a good trade?

texaspackerbacker
11-04-2020, 02:07 PM
Is this all woulda coulda shoulda stuff or what? The deadline was 3pm yesterday, and still a bunch of "trade for Fuller" stuff at 8 or 9pm. I wouldn't have complained too much if we got Fuller, but I'm satisfied and glad that we did not.

run pMc
11-04-2020, 03:18 PM
Is this all woulda coulda shoulda stuff or what? The deadline was 3pm yesterday, and still a bunch of "trade for Fuller" stuff at 8 or 9pm. I wouldn't have complained too much if we got Fuller, but I'm satisfied and glad that we did not.

Lazard will be back. Aaron Jones will be back. Defense is a bigger issue.

As for Fuller, I heard they offered a R4 but Houston wanted a R2, which is steep IMO. I wonder if they asked about Kenny Stills? He would have been cheaper, and also an upgrade over MVS.

I'd be surprised if they don't put in a waiver claim for Pettis. Gute was eyeing him the year he was drafted, but maybe they've cooled on him since.

Bretsky
11-04-2020, 05:14 PM
Lazard will be back. Aaron Jones will be back. Defense is a bigger issue.

As for Fuller, I heard they offered a R4 but Houston wanted a R2, which is steep IMO. I wonder if they asked about Kenny Stills? He would have been cheaper, and also an upgrade over MVS.

I'd be surprised if they don't put in a waiver claim for Pettis. Gute was eyeing him the year he was drafted, but maybe they've cooled on him since.

You CAN'T give up a 2nd rounder for a one year rental; especially when we have other holes.

We should have given up our next 3 third round picks; every year that round sucks anyways :))))

They are just going to keep bringing in WR after WR after WR and see if anything can stick

Ironic we're watching the Phily WR break out and he was with Green Bay for a short period last year

Joemailman
11-04-2020, 10:36 PM
You CAN'T give up a 2nd rounder for a one year rental; especially when we have other holes.

We should have given up our next 3 third round picks; every year that round sucks anyways :))))

They are just going to keep bringing in WR after WR after WR and see if anything can stick

Ironic we're watching the Phily WR break out and he was with Green Bay for a short period last year

This year actually. Packers had him for 10 days in August. Wonder if he'd still be a Packer if he would have had a chance to play in preseason games and show what he could do.

Patler
11-05-2020, 11:53 AM
This year actually. Packers had him for 10 days in August. Wonder if he'd still be a Packer if he would have had a chance to play in preseason games and show what he could do.

Did he even practice with GB? I've already forgotten when they were allowed to actually get on the field for practices.

Sparkey
11-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Cool read here

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/travis-fulgham/