10-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Yup that will shut Brandon up. :lol:

Upnorth
10-26-2020, 10:01 PM
He loves being on the big stage. Great clip

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O-aZogWeiyU

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 10:26 PM
This is absolutely what I did not have in mind. Another bum on his way out of the league.

Patler
10-26-2020, 10:54 PM
This is absolutely what I did not have in mind. Another bum on his way out of the league.

Bum? Why do you say that? Undrafted guy who has hung on for 5+ seasons on regular rosters after a first season on a practice squad. Had missed just two games in 5 years. 183 career receptions. Looks like a battler to me, with a lot of experience.

HarveyWallbangers
10-26-2020, 11:09 PM
For being in the league so long, I don't know much about him. I see he ran a 4.44 40 at his Pro Day and has good agility scores, but average scores in explosiveness. Can he run jet motion? The Packers don't have a replacement for Tyler Ervin.

texaspackerbacker
10-27-2020, 01:21 AM
I have to go with Brandon on this one. The guy probably is a bum on the way out of the league - those stats and scores being 5 or so years old and him being cut, presumably having to do with his ranking 169 out of 190 (or something like that) in one of those pass receiving analytics - this year. I doubt he is a step up from anything we have.

Speaking of jet sweeps, I wouldn't mind seeing MVS give that a try.

run pMc
10-27-2020, 08:09 AM
He's nothing fantastic, but he's probably a step up from Darrius Sheppard.

Tony Oday
10-27-2020, 08:19 AM
If he can catch the ball on a 10 and out im happy.

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 09:01 AM
Bum? Why do you say that? Undrafted guy who has hung on for 5+ seasons on regular rosters after a first season on a practice squad. Had missed just two games in 5 years. 183 career receptions. Looks like a battler to me, with a lot of experience.

He has played in every game for Carolina this season and his 53.4 PFF rating will fit right in with our collection of mediocrity at the position. Carolina is in contention for the playoffs and let him go so that should also tell us something.

“The biggest issue with Seth Roberts is that he just isn’t a special football player. He doesn’t read defenses, he’s not a consistent route runner, and sometimes he just forgets to look for the ball.” Per AFC Scout

He will fit right in. Way to go Gute!!! I’m gonna go do Kartwheels in front of Lambeau!

CaptainKickass
10-27-2020, 11:24 AM
Elite speed and 3 cone.

https://i2.wp.com/relativeathleticscores.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/seth-roberts-ras-11555.png?resize=806%2C522&ssl=1

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Meanwhile the Ravens signed Dez Bryant.

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1321125535590789126

Gute is such a Loser!

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 11:35 AM
Elite speed and 3 cone.

https://i2.wp.com/relativeathleticscores.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/seth-roberts-ras-11555.png?resize=806%2C522&ssl=1

There comes a time when a guy has been in the league so long that those things just don’t carry much weight anymore. Kind of like you explained with John Ross. He had 4 catches this year on a Carolina team that he was apparently active for all games. Honestly, as much as I’m down on MVS I’d rather just roll with him over Roberts.

This signing is more of just adding a body more of anything.

run pMc
10-27-2020, 12:16 PM
This signing is more of just adding a body more of anything.

I agree. This feels like a "sign to the PS and kick the tires on him to see if he's a good fit". They've actually brought in a LOT of WRs, which is good. They are basically all no-names though. Roberts is more of a natural slot WR, MVS is a long striding outside WR. You'd be more likely to see Roberts on a jet sweep.
All the same, it's kind of a 'meh' transaction. He's got some modest production, but it wouldn't shock me if he's gone in a week, either.

Dez definitely has a history of production but the guy is on his last legs (if that), and he's not going to help you on ST. I'm ok with Gute not signing an aging, overvalued vet. He hasn't played in 2.5 years. Maybe they can sign ex-DAL WR Terrance Williams too. He produced almost as much in the 2017 season (and more efficiently) and is the same age.

The questions I have are when will Lazard be back, and how effective will he be? Pre-injury, I'd have taken the 25 y/o Lazard over signing a 31 y/o Bryant off the street (and the comparison isn't close).

Fritz
10-27-2020, 12:20 PM

Personally, I think the use of the word "bum" makes the post legit. How often do you hear that word any more? It was a great word, sweeping in its condemnation without being vulgar.

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 12:23 PM
I agree. This feels like a "sign to the PS and kick the tires on him to see if he's a good fit". They've actually brought in a LOT of WRs, which is good. They are basically all no-names though. Roberts is more of a natural slot WR, MVS is a long striding outside WR. You'd be more likely to see Roberts on a jet sweep.
All the same, it's kind of a 'meh' transaction. He's got some modest production, but it wouldn't shock me if he's gone in a week, either.

Dez definitely has a history of production but the guy is on his last legs (if that), and he's not going to help you on ST. I'm ok with Gute not signing an aging, overvalued vet. He hasn't played in 2.5 years. Maybe they can sign ex-DAL WR Terrance Williams too. He produced almost as much in the 2017 season (and more efficiently) and is the same age.

The questions I have are when will Lazard be back, and how effective will he be? Pre-injury, I'd have taken the 25 y/o Lazard over signing a 31 y/o Bryant off the street (and the comparison isn't close).

There is no clear answer to when Lazard is coming back which is what makes it so frustrating. He is dealing with an injury with no clear timetable. Could be November and could be next year. This I know. Anybody that tells you any different is lying.

Normally Lazard’s type of injury is just considered “Season Ending” but Lazard is fighting to get back and the Packers are supporting him the best they can. Kind of like when Aaron came back from Shoulder surgery.

call_me_ishmael
10-27-2020, 01:29 PM
Isn't West Alabama the juco where the baby mama beater for the Chiefs played? Hopefully this guy isn't a bum off the field too.

Sparkey
10-27-2020, 04:36 PM
Meanwhile the Ravens signed Dez Bryant.

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1321125535590789126

Gute is such a Loser!

Dez ? A difference maker ? Lol.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2020, 10:24 PM
I'm on Seth Roberts bandwagon. Sounds like he has moxie.