PDA

View Full Version : Packers up coming schedule and how it relates to play style

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 06:58 PM
4 of the last six games are at home. And one more in Chicago. The wind and cold is not optimal passing conditions and neither is snow.

Let’s hope for the health of Big Bob, Lizard and the DL because having a run game and stopping the run are going to be paramount if we want to get a high seed and hopefully a bye.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:01 PM
Also, with herd immunity eventually becoming a thing in Wisconsin, maybe Covid can drop way down and we can get fans for 4 of the last six games and make our road even easier!

4 of six at home to finish the season
Hopefully 2 more at home
And then SB

That’s a nice advantage!

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:02 PM
Covid has already hit the cities. Now it’s in rural areas of the country. Immunity should be setting in and huge drops soon.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:17 PM
Further Covid as it relates to fans

New York in the spring rose hard for a month, peaked, and then dropped and never came back. Herd immunity set in.

The state of Wisconsin isn’t as dense in population as New York, but is one of the areas that didn’t see much Covid in its first run. The herd immunity would be next to zero going into this latest spike. It rose for almost two months. A longer span than New York, but seems to be dropping now. 8 weeks Wisconsin and most of the country should be down to near nothing if herd immunity is a thing. That would leave the last 4 games and playoffs with possibly full attendance.

Two at home
One in Chicago
One in Detroit

Hopefully two more in Green Bay

Joemailman
10-28-2020, 07:21 PM
Dream on. With a little luck, maybe the Brewers will have fans. NFL is shooting for 20% attendance at the Super Bowl.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Dream on. With a little luck, maybe the Brewers will have fans. NFL is shooting for 20% attendance at the Super Bowl.

Go look at the New York Covid graph and then the Wisconsin. Once it hits an area it never comes back if the New York model would hold true. Hits hard. Everyone gets it. Goes away. Never comes back.

It’s almost over! Bet!!

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 07:40 PM
I wish that it was a possibility to pack the house at Lambeau for playoff games but that simply isn’t happening this year. To go from zero fans to max capacity in literally 2 and half months is a giant pipe dream. It’s going to be real weird having the playoff games at the Frozen Tundra with no fans. Kinda spooky actually.

We don’t talk politics but a lot of this might have to do with who wins the election and I will leave it at that. My prediction is we won’t see any fans at Lambeau this year and if we do it will be a few thousand at the most.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 07:41 PM
Go look at the New York Covid graph and then the Wisconsin. Once it hits an area it never comes back if the New York model would hold true. Hits hard. Everyone gets it. Goes away. Never comes back.

It’s almost over! Bet!!

How many fans do you see at Giants/Jets games?

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:48 PM
How many fans do you see at Giants/Jets games?

True, but only the cities really got it in the first run and now it’s in rural areas. The immunity is setting in and it will drop everywhere. New York, while having hardly any Covid cases, is still apart of the United States and the NFL made rules country wide. Once it goes away everywhere, it will be a different country wide environment

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:50 PM
And I don’t think this is politics. I’m not making it about politicians or govt. Its a virus, that spreads until immunity is reached and affects football. I’m saying, not for political reasons that it will go away. I’m saying it goes away because that’s what viruses do once they run their course and now almost all of the country has seen it.... sooo.... home games change soon.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 07:59 PM
I just went through and looked at all states. Cities got hit first. Then the south. And now the north. The entire herd has pretty much been hit and the last places left who haven’t seen it have all peaked and started to drop. It’s gonna be gone, country wide. Not cuz of political reasons, but because once the herd sees a virus it doesn’t spread like that or have that affect anymore.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 08:04 PM
And I don’t think this is politics. I’m not making it about politicians or govt. Its a virus, that spreads until immunity is reached and affects football. I’m saying, not for political reasons that it will go away. I’m saying it goes away because that’s what viruses do once they run their course and now almost all of the country has seen it.... sooo.... home games change soon.

That’s not what i have heard about this “Virus”. I have heard of “2nd Waves.” When I watch the local news I am hearing we are in near crisis levels of infections and hospitals are nearing max capacity. They have turned the State Fair into a 550 bed emergency facility. The governor is on TV telling everyone to wear masks and social distance. I am hearing that if things get worse there could be further lockdowns. The Wisconsin Badger QB just got the virus and he is out at least 21 days. The Nebraska vs Wisconsin game has been cancelled.

All this sounds like a far cry from 82,000 people at Lambeau in a couple months. Dr. Fauci says 2022 will be when things become somewhat normal again and when a vaccine will have a chance to be fully administered along with the herd immunity you are suggesting.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 08:08 PM
Nah! I doubt that! I really do. I looked at the graphs of all 50 states. It hit its last major population zones now in the rural north and is coming down everywhere for the first time. Yeah, it just peaked in the last major population zone, but there are none left. It’s coming down for sure

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 08:18 PM
Nah! I doubt that! I really do. I looked at the graphs of all 50 states. It hit its last major population zones now in the rural north and is coming down everywhere for the first time. Yeah, it just peaked in the last major population zone, but there are none left. It’s coming down for sure

Once again the scientists disagree with you. Countries in Europe are starting to experience second waves. This is the problem when we have people spreading information that aren’t qualified to do so.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 08:21 PM
I’m not happy about it at all. I’ve already cancelled two vacations(one to the NFL Draft) and getting ready to cancel another one.

In hindsight, probably good the NFL draft trip got cancelled actually though.

Joemailman
10-28-2020, 08:44 PM

It’s almost over! Bet!!

New York shut down in a way that other states didn't, and that's why they got it under control. They didn't achieve herd immunity. We're nowhere close to herd immunity. Cook County (Chicago) is worse than it was a month ago.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2020, 06:52 AM
And I don’t think this is politics. I’m not making it about politicians or govt. Its a virus, that spreads until immunity is reached and affects football. I’m saying, not for political reasons that it will go away. I’m saying it goes away because that’s what viruses do once they run their course and now almost all of the country has seen it.... sooo.... home games change soon.If you have to say you think this isn’t politics well that’s where it starts. This thread is about the schedule and how it will alter play style correct?. Fans being in the stand is a valid point regarding football games. Herd immunity is not a football topic and nearly every mention of it has caused a fire here. 13 of 16 post in this thread are about “herd immunity”. There is a 100 page thread in FYI that has COVID talk. You can discuss it there if that’s what you want to talk about.

Thank the idiots that couldn’t help themselves but this is how it is. Look how you hooked Brandon in and he got his self booted for a week. Hopefully this makes things clear because you just barely skirted the edge.

call_me_ishmael
10-29-2020, 10:06 AM
I am personally surprised the NFL hasn't;'t moved the super bowl yet even just to hedge their bets. So far I think they've gotten remarkably lucky with only the Titans having an outbreak.

Joemailman
10-29-2020, 10:21 AM
They do have a week to play with because of the off week between conference title games and Super Bowl. They could move the schedule back a week and just eliminate that week off.

Joemailman
10-29-2020, 10:32 AM
4 of the last six games are at home. And one more in Chicago. The wind and cold is not optimal passing conditions and neither is snow.

Let’s hope for the health of Big Bob, Lizard and the DL because having a run game and stopping the run are going to be paramount if we want to get a high seed and hopefully a bye.

I think the McVay/Shanahan/LaFleur offenses with their emphasis on running game are designed to be effective in cold weather. But as we saw last year you do need to be able to stop the run as well. Packers will have a shot there if they can get their front 7 healthy.

Guiness
10-29-2020, 11:25 AM

It’s almost over! Bet!!

RG, you're not an epidemiologist and Covid is inherently political. Please keep talk of it to FYI.