View Full Version : Most Hated NFL Team by State

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 09:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElcVnPUWkAMQr-5?format=jpg&name=small

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 09:17 AM
Thoughts:

Hate for Steelers stretches pretty far.

In Cowboy Country, hate for Philly greater than for Washington. Guess Dallas/Washington rivalry has faded.

Missouri fans still bitter over losing Rams.

Steelers most hated in Indiana. Guess Bears and Colts don't play often enough to have a real rivalry.

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2020, 12:26 PM
You mean the poor sad sack Vikings don't even get to be most hated anywhere? hahahahahahahaha

SudsMcBucky
10-30-2020, 01:35 PM
What team do Iowans root for?

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 01:58 PM
What team do Iowans root for?

Mostly Bears and Vikings, with a few Packers. This map is from 2014.

https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2014/09/Screen_Shot_2014_09_05_at_4.40.46_PM/original.png

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2020, 06:12 PM
There aren't nearly as many Viking fans in central and western North Dakota (Bismarck) as eastern (Fargo). Lots of Packers fans in Bismarck. There's a surprising amount of Steelers fans too. Bismarck isn't as close to Minnesota as Fargo, so allegiances vary a lot more.

Upnorth
10-30-2020, 06:43 PM
If you go north and a little east of the North dakota Montana border it would show some packees colors for the fans. Probably 50% of the people in my town who care about the NFL are packers fans. I even have my daughtersboyfriend cheering for them. Or at least lying about it

MadScientist
10-30-2020, 10:47 PM
If you go north and a little east of the North dakota Montana border it would show some packees colors for the fans. Probably 50% of the people in my town who care about the NFL are packers fans. I even have my daughtersboyfriend cheering for them. Or at least lying about it

Good job. Daughter's boyfriend has to know how to behave properly.

The biggest question on these maps is why does West Virginia bother hating on the Browns?

George Cumby
10-30-2020, 11:16 PM
Also, is Florida's hate for New England because of the Dolphins? I didn't think the 'Fins had that passionate of a fanbase anymore.

MadScientist
10-30-2020, 11:28 PM
Also, is Florida's hate for New England because of the Dolphins? I didn't think the 'Fins had that passionate of a fanbase anymore.

It's perfectly reasonable for Florida to hate the Pats, even without being passionate about the Dolphins.

Joemailman
10-31-2020, 07:45 AM
Good job. Daughter's boyfriend has to know how to behave properly.

The biggest question on these maps is why does West Virginia bother hating on the Browns?

They tend to be Steelers fans and they share a long border with Ohio. Could also be some former Browns fans who hate the Browns for leaving Cleveland for Baltimore.

HarveyWallbangers
10-31-2020, 09:16 AM
Steelers most hated in Indiana. Guess Bears and Colts don't play often enough to have a real rivalry.

Steelers most hated in Tennessee too. Apparently, the AFC South rivalries aren’t very big.

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2020, 11:18 AM
I'm curious what those dark counties in Florida on the "like" map are. Packers? I doubt it. Transplanted Giants fans? Don't seem likely. Certainly not the Jets hahahaha. Ravens? Maybe, but why other than that they are good right now.