11-01-2020, 03:24 PM
Studs

Davante Adams

Duds

Rest of Packers
RashanGary

Vincenzo
11-01-2020, 03:40 PM
The biggest Dud in my opinion was the poor tackling, Dalvin Cook shredded the Packer D!

Bretsky
11-01-2020, 04:05 PM
Studs

Davante Adams

Duds

Rest of Packers
RashanGary

Why was Rashan Gary a dud ? You know I bag on the invisible man all the time; but to me today was what I was used to.

Did he make some terrible plays/miss some tackles ?

Maybe I was distracted but I didn't reallly notice

Bossman641
11-01-2020, 04:09 PM
Why was Rashan Gary a dud ? You know I bag on the invisible man all the time; but to me today was what I was used to.

RaahanGary, the poster. He didn't start the game thread

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 04:11 PM
The biggest Dud in my opinion was the poor tackling, Dalvin Cook shredded the Packer D!

There were too many plays though where Cook was running through big holes before anyone had a chance to tackle.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-01-2020, 04:16 PM

The poster, not the player. Failed to compose the official GameDay thread, and therefore, jinxed the Packers. This was a gimme win. All Harrell had to do was start the GD thread.

I probably, too, deserve a dud. The Packers are undefeated on Sundays this year when I worked out prior to a game. Skipped workout today. Why? Hip a bit fucked; didn’t see the hot chick I like to stare at at the gym but can’t talk to all week; hot chick I liked at burger joint quit, so no motivation to get workout in.

Sparkey
11-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Lowry was terrible. Lancaster not much better.

RashanGary
11-01-2020, 06:39 PM
I've been busy... Forgot. Sorry guys.

Refs decided the game. It's ok. We’ll bounce back.

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 07:01 PM
I've been busy... Forgot. Sorry guys.

Refs decided the game. It's ok. We’ll bounce back.Refs didn't prevent the Packers from playing run defense.

Bretsky
11-01-2020, 07:53 PM
Refs had little to do with the game.

Sparkey
11-01-2020, 08:09 PM
The game was lost by the DLine. They were manhandled all day.

Freak Out
11-01-2020, 08:23 PM
There was the completely blown PI call but ya...the defense stunk it up.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2020, 08:31 PM
There was the completely blown PI call but ya...the defense stunk it up.

Jaire's PI was on 3rd down. I think that was extremely ticky tack. (Jackson's PI was a good call.) The non-call on Tonyan was a bad call. The Packers didn't play well, but those two calls had an influence on the game.

Guiness
11-01-2020, 08:43 PM
There were too many plays though where Cook was running through big holes before anyone had a chance to tackle.

He made it into the secondary entirely too often. The one that stuck out to me was Jaire bringing down Cook solo - really don't like to see our best CB taking on a bruiser RB!

Guiness
11-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Jaire's PI was on 3rd down. I think that was extremely ticky tack. (Jackson's PI was a good call.) The non-call on Tonyan was a bad call. The Packers didn't play well, but those two calls had an influence on the game.

I'm a believer that if it comes down to getting beat by a ref call you were probably already cooked - but wow, those two calls really hurt.One would've gotten the D off the field giving up an FG instead of a TD, the other gives the pack a first down and extends a drive. They were 1-5 but still an NFL team.

RashanGary
11-01-2020, 08:53 PM
The holdings and the pi. Refs. Period.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2020, 09:05 PM
The holdings and the pi. Refs. Period.

I can't say much about holding calls. I like to see them even out. They didn't even out. Unless they are egregious, I don't like to see them. With the wind the way it was, any holding penalty was going to hurt.

texaspackerbacker
11-01-2020, 09:32 PM

Exactly what I was gonna say. As much as I'd like to blame the officials, at least one of the two interference calls on the Packers was legitimate, and the non-call on Tonyan was bogus. But our defense absolutely stunk. Even with all that, we were a Hail Mary away from winning it. It sure woulda been interesting to see where the ball woulda gone of the guy had't hit Rodgers on that last play.

Hard to name any studs beyond Davante and Rodgers. Patrick and Linsley had some good moments. The O Tackles weren't horrible. Tonyan was decent. Sternberger was the best I've seen him - which still just reached ok level. Dillon was the best I've seen him play. On D, Amos made some good plays. As somebody said, Jaire showed some toughness - which nobody else did on our D, but he was not as good as he usually is in coverage. That about it.

On the dud side, obviously the Northwestern pieces of shit were grossly weak at the point of attack. Clark was fairly bad, but he was getting double teamed every time I thought to check. I thought Barnes and Martin were not too bad but they weren't special either. I'm not gonna call Josh Jackson a dud because he was ok in coverage and as good as anybody in run support - living up to the low expectations most have of him. Savage seemed pretty bad, dud level. Both Smiths sucked way more often than not in run stopping and didn't even get a sniff of pressuring the QB. On offense, Jenkins has regressed since early in the season - I'm sure it's from not having Bakhtiari playing beside him hahahaha. I'm not gonna call St. Brown a dud - he missed two tough but catchable passes and caught one tough one. In a normal game, that wouldn't be too bad. I've never had a very high opinion of Ervin, and he played down to my expectations today.

An overall rotten game, but with even borderline decent D, our O woulda won it.

Freak Out
11-02-2020, 12:31 AM
They blew the call on the Big Bob PI. The flag was on the field, they reviewed and picked it up! It was pretty obvious PI I thought. Not sure how you watch the replay and see anything else. Oh well. It's not like it hasn't happened before and it sure will happen again. Still optimistic though. Good/Great offense with Jones and Bak back...D needs to get it together. Good time to play the 49ers I guess.

texaspackerbacker
11-02-2020, 06:03 AM
RaahanGary, the poster. He didn't start the game thread

He must have been suspended the first half for targeting somebody last week hahahahaha. Oops, that's college.

texaspackerbacker
11-02-2020, 06:05 AM
They blew the call on the Big Bob PI. The flag was on the field, they reviewed and picked it up! It was pretty obvious PI I thought. Not sure how you watch the replay and see anything else. Oh well. It's not like it hasn't happened before and it sure will happen again. Still optimistic though. Good/Great offense with Jones and Bak back...D needs to get it together. Good time to play the 49ers I guess.

Problem was, it never made it to replay (I think). LaFleur would have needed to challenge it. You can do that sort of thing this year, can't you? I wonder why he didn't.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Problem was, it never made it to replay (I think). LaFleur would have needed to challenge it. You can do that sort of thing this year, can't you? I wonder why he didn't.
You can't challenge PI. That waa a 1 year thing on 2019.

Guiness
11-02-2020, 09:14 AM

how did the flag get picked up? Did they just discuss it and decide no, or did someone go under the hood? I think it would be the first option because I can't imagine anybody could look at that replay, see the arm around the waist and decide to pick up the flag.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 09:19 AM
how did the flag get picked up? Did they just discuss it and decide no, or did someone go under the hood? I think it would be the first option because I can't imagine anybody could look at that replay, see the arm around the waist and decide to pick up the flag.

Don't think they went under the hood. I thought the flag came in kind of late. My guess is that someone who was closer to the play than the guy who threw the flag talked him out of it.

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2020, 11:50 AM
You can't review PI, so they didn't go under the hood. The guy who made the correct call didn't have the 'nads to stick with it when they huddled. It's one thing if a flag wasn't thrown, but it bugs me when another ref talks a ref out of a good call. That ref should not be doing that--unless they are certain about it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2020, 12:27 PM
It was PI. But it took me a couple looks to decide. I don't think we should take to the streets.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 12:45 PM
It was PI. But it took me a couple looks to decide. I don't think we should take to the streets.

It's one thing to miss a call. It's another thing for an official to make the right call and then get talked out of it. That should only happen unless it's blatantly obvious that a call was missed.

run pMc
11-02-2020, 04:38 PM
I thought, after the Jaire Alexander call, they were going to let it stand. That they didn't pretty much sealed the game to me. Refs called that game bad IMO, but that GB run defense -- yikes. If anything causes us to take to the streets it should be Pettine's idea of run defense.