PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Vikings

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 03:53 PM
Dalvin Cook with 223 yards and 4 TD's. Outside of Cook, Vikings barely had 100 yards. Packers D let 1 guy beat them.

Only bright spot was it showed that Tonyan and Sternberger can be as good as any TE duo in the NFL. Those guys really know how to run routes downfield. Offense desperately needs Lazard back though.

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
9m
Aaron Rodgers smirks when asked if the Packers need to trade for a WR: "That's not a bad question, but it's not one I can answer ... I'm not gonna stump for a guy because last time I stumped for a guy he ended up in Buffalo."

(He's talking about Jake Kumerow)

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
11m
Aaron Rodgers asked about the reinforcements #Packers have coming with Aaron Jones and Allen Lazard possibly coming back from injuries soon, says that will help: "I love the effort Jamaal has given us the past two weeks, but we're a better team when we're at full strength.".

Anti-Polar Bear
11-01-2020, 04:02 PM
This game lends credence to the notion that the German Shepherd needs to trade for a bona fide WR! MVS, St. Paul and Shepherd went against the Queens’ practice squad corners and the wankers couldn’t get open much, although the Great Arm of Butte did stare down Adams a bit too much.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2020, 04:04 PM
Dalvin Cook with 223 yards and 4 TD's. Outside of Cook, Vikings barely had 100 yards. Packers D let 1 guy beat them.

Only bright spot was it showed that Tonyan and Sternberger can be as good as any TE duo in the NFL. Those guys really know how to run routes downfield. Offense desperately needs Lazard back though.

I can't even blame the offense for this game. The winds made it a weird game where throwing was going to be tough, and we were without Aaron Jones. The run defense was atrocious. Once again, an opponent's best player beats the Packers defense--a theme under Pettine. The officiating was not good for the Packers in this game. As tight as they called pass interference and holding against the Packers, it didn't appear they called it the other way.

I do like Tonyan and Sternberger (and Deguara at FB and TE) going forward. I think we are solid at TE. I thought the OL played pretty well. Weird game. Because of the wind, we were forced to go for it a lot on 4th and long in Vikings territory.

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 04:09 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
4m
Matt LaFleur on run defense issues: "The formula has been written. We have got to step up and get it fixed. If not, we're going to continue getting these results."

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
5m
LaFleur says #Packers run D "wasn't up to par today" despite knowing exactly what Vikings game plan would be: "That's something that we better get it fixed, and we better get it fixed fast, because I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen next week in San Francisco."

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
7m
Matt LaFleur pretty much summed it up: "We knew we had to stop the run. That didn't happen. We knew we needed to play penalty-free. That didn't happen." https://es.pn/3mJC6rj

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
11m
Matt LaFleur says he knew his team needed to do two things to win today: "We knew we had to stop the run, that didn't happen. We knew we had to play penalty free, and that didn't happen." Neither happened, and that's how #Packers got beat.

Got a feeling MLF has about had it with Pettine.

flamacue
11-01-2020, 04:51 PM
They could have a losing season going forward. The next game is a loss. The bears are tough. Plus the defense is a disaster.

MadtownPacker
11-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Welcome flamacue.

I’m calling a win Thursday. The miners aren’t the same as last year by far.

call_me_ishmael
11-02-2020, 11:55 AM
I love that Jerry Kraus’ing it is a thing now lol.

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1323282467504091136?s=20

run pMc
11-02-2020, 04:34 PM
I love that Jerry Kraus’ing it is a thing now lol.

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1323282467504091136?s=20

There's a lot to unpack there, and he's not totally wrong. I think we can agree that when you draft a QB in R1, you are either playing them right away because your QB sucks or they ride the pine and learn because you have at least an-ok level QB. Most posters wanted a WR or ILB in R1. Jefferson and Aiyuk were not available, even after moving up to 26. Either would look great on our roster.
Are they Krausing it? I sure hope not. You don't give up a QB like Rodgers when he's playing well, and this year he has been mostly great. I'd like to see him not fall back on bad habits like I've seen him do more, but he's easily a top10 QB if not top 5. You don't trade a guy like that away. As for not taking a WR at all, that shocked me, but it's old news. I think it will haunt them, but I also think the defense has been the bigger problem and have said as much before. Thus far their defense hasn't shown it can win a game if the offense stagnates. They have 4 forced turnovers in 7 games and aren't getting to the QB as often as last year. That's not a good formula when combined with an inability to stop the run...which was an issue last year too.

I don't expect a big trade or roster move by Gute, so whatever 'fix' occurs will likely be in the offseason. We'll see if he's Krause (I sure hope not) then.

call_me_ishmael
11-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Wow, the Pack put in a call to Antonio Brown (Allegedly, but it's Schefter so it's almost certainly right)

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1323327698748559360