PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs 49ers Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-01-2020, 07:42 PM
Can MLF keep alive his streak of not losing consecurive games?

Injuries continue to pile up for 49ers. Both Garoppolo and Kittle exited from the game today with injuries.

Bretsky
11-01-2020, 07:51 PM
Can MLF keep alive his streak of not losing consecurive games?

Injuries continue to pile up for 49ers. Both Garoppolo and Kittle exited from the game today with injuries.

I think they bounce back; the 49ers have a ton of injuries so they are game to be defeated.

texaspackerbacker
11-01-2020, 08:57 PM
The burning question is, is our D Line so bad that anybody can run on us? Or is Dalvin Cook just that good? The Niners couldn't run today on the Seahawks' notoriously bad D. Pettine damn well better figure something out to at least slow SF down. The Packers offense has still been at least decent even with the injuries. I think the Packers take care of business.

call_me_ishmael
11-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Prediction: they get rolled and Pet is out the do’ by Monday morning.

RashanGary
11-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Packers gonna win.... Convincingly.

call_me_ishmael
11-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Dalvin Cook is really, really good but the Niners and Kyle the-best-coach-in-the-nfl Shanahan will just run every single play and the Packers won't know how to or have the personal to stop it.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 10:04 AM
Dalvin Cook is really, really good but the Niners and Kyle the-best-coach-in-the-nfl Shanahan will just run every single play and the Packers won't know how to or have the personal to stop it.

Maybe, but they're really hurting at RB right now. Yesterday after Tevin Coleman left with a knee injury, they had a guy run 12 times for 29 yards.

Sparkey
11-02-2020, 10:25 AM
That same guy will go 14 for 83 against the Packers :huh:

Fosco33
11-02-2020, 10:28 AM
AJ Dillon positive for covid.

Imagine Thur is at risk.

Patler
11-02-2020, 10:32 AM

Imagine Thur is at risk.

Do they have to shut down the facility?
What has triggered shutdowns for other teams?

Fosco33
11-02-2020, 10:33 AM
They went virtual and doing contract tracing. As it can take 1-3 days for incubation / rest of RBs and QBs are of key concern.

RashanGary
11-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Well, there's a chance we don't play on Thursday of a bunch of positives come in on Wednesday. Probably not the worst thing at this time of year for guys to take a physical break. Even if they were to not practice and workout less for this short week, I don't think it hurts them.in the long run. But..... Covid is kinda peaking right now and it's nearly impossible to avoid. It might throw a wrench in the season if it spirals

RashanGary
11-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Weirdly, kind of an ideal scenario would be to miss one game and the NFL decides to call it a tie. One less game would be good for their bodies. Doubt that will happen but it's possible

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 10:57 AM
This is kind of worst case scenario. Player tests positive 1 day after playing in a game. He had 10 snaps on offense and 7 on special teams. How many players on both teams did he come into contact with?

Unless it turns out to be a false positive, it's a given he won't play Thursday. So I guess they activate Dexter Williams and hope Jones can go.

RashanGary
11-02-2020, 11:02 AM
If Dillon is out, Jones coming back would be big. Dexter, physically, is explosive, fast and strong. Mentally, he seems a lotta bit not there. He's a worst case fit for the tight ship Rodgers runs on offense.

Best case is Jones is healthy. However, the Packers seem to like to give 3 weeks or even more for muscle strains under MLF. Jones seems 50/50 at best.

I would like to see the outside zone with dexter. He's gets to the outside aiming points in a hurry and has a hell of a first cut. There might be some fun in watching him run.

Fosco33
11-02-2020, 11:19 AM
My guess is both Jones and Bahk would’ve played if this upcoming game wasn’t a short week (and they probably thought they could beat the Vikes without them). Calculated risks

Tony Oday
11-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Im guessing 250 yards rushing against this defense and the Pack loses.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Dillon's positive test came in Sunday's pregame COVID-19 testing. He played 17 snaps against the #Vikings. Through eight weeks, the NFL and its medical experts have found no evidence of on-field transmission.

Seems they are more concerned about players who were in same meeting rooms with him.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Well, there's a chance we don't play on Thursday of a bunch of positives come in on Wednesday. Probably not the worst thing at this time of year for guys to take a physical break. Even if they were to not practice and workout less for this short week, I don't think it hurts them.in the long run. But..... Covid is kinda peaking right now and it's nearly impossible to avoid. It might throw a wrench in the season if it spirals

Safest thing might be to move this game to he weekend.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM

Imagine Thur is at risk.

I hope they move the fucking game to Sunday. I don’t give a fuck if that means ‘Polo gets time to heal and play.

Don’t wanna burn precious protected pay time off to call out on Thursday!

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Thursday games have been moved to Monday or Tuesday previously.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 02:48 PM
Garoppolo and Kittle both expected out more than a month.

Fosco33
11-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Packers added two more players to the injury report: Jamaal Williams and Kamal Martin. Checking in the possibility it's related to AJ Dillon's positive test

run pMc
11-02-2020, 04:54 PM
Garoppolo and Kittle both expected out more than a month.

Wow. Losing Kittle for up to 8 weeks with a broken foot hurts them. And Kwon Alexander traded to the Saints for Kiko Alonso and a conditional R5 pick. Feels like a cap move to me. I have no idea what NO is doing - Alexander is due a ton of money next season. They must feel like this is their year and then blow it up in the offseason.

Garoppolo? Meh. He reminds me of Kirk Cousins: occasionally brilliant, often frustrated, always overpaid.

SF is still a concern. To paraphrase that kook Nagler, Shanahan could start a 2nd half preseason team against GB's defense and give them fits. Remember when C.J Beathard and Co. gave this team fits back in 2018?

Watch SF tank, get a bunch of high order picks, and stomp everyone next year.

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Olivia Reiner
@ReinerOlivia
· 1h
Here's the Packers' Monday injury report (designations are an estimation, no practice today). Worth noting that CB Kevin King (quad) and RB Aaron Jones (calf) would've been limited participants today had there been a practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/El2RcmUXYAAIQ0S?format=jpg&name=large

Joemailman
11-02-2020, 11:41 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Packers RB Jamaal Williams and LB Kamal Martin, who were added to the injury report as "not injury related," were determined to be "close contacts" and the "league is evaluating if they were high-risk close contacts" after AJ Dillon was placed on the reserve/COVID list. If they are deemed high-risk, then they would unable to play Thursday at San Francisco because the policy states they would must be isolated for at least five days.

Can't rule out possibility that Jones, Jamaal Williams and Dillon could all be unavailable Thursday night. That would leave Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams at RB.

Guiness
11-03-2020, 12:33 AM
Do they have to shut down the facility?
What has triggered shutdowns for other teams?

Team facilities were shut down for other teams when they had multiple positive tests, Packers have only had one so far. If someone else pops up with it, especially if the contact tracing shows they were around AJ I'd expect the league to take action.

Jamaal Williams and Kamal Martin were deemed 'close contacts' and placed on the Covid reserve list although it seems they didn't test positive.

Pack had a walk-through and physically distanced meetings. Normal schedule for a short week wouldn't have included a full practice anyways so it doesn't have much impact.

Harlan Huckleby
11-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Packers added two more players to the injury report: Jamaal Williams and Kamal Martin. Checking in the possibility it's related to AJ Dillon's positive test

not at all good

SudsMcBucky
11-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Wow. Losing Kittle for up to 8 weeks with a broken foot hurts them. And Kwon Alexander traded to the Saints for Kiko Alonso and a conditional R5 pick. Feels like a cap move to me. I have no idea what NO is doing - Alexander is due a ton of money next season. They must feel like this is their year and then blow it up in the offseason.

Garoppolo? Meh. He reminds me of Kirk Cousins: occasionally brilliant, often frustrated, always overpaid.

SF is still a concern. To paraphrase that kook Nagler, Shanahan could start a 2nd half preseason team against GB's defense and give them fits. Remember when C.J Beathard and Co. gave this team fits back in 2018?

Watch SF tank, get a bunch of high order picks, and stomp everyone next year.

They may already know this is Brees' last year with them for sure. Make 1 last run.

Joemailman
11-03-2020, 09:34 AM
They may already know this is Brees' last year with them for sure. Make 1 last run.

And it's not just Brees. They are in salary cap hell after this year. Now or never for them.

Joemailman
11-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Can't rule out possibility that Jones, Jamaal Williams and Dillon could all be unavailable Thursday night. That would leave Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams at RB.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
#Packers RB Jamaal Williams and LB Kamal Martin were both designated high-risk close contacts to A.J. Dillon, source said. They're out for Thursday night.
10:04 AM · Nov 3, 2020

Get well, Aaron Jones.

Edit: John Lovett played some RB at Princeton, in addition to QB and WR.

Joemailman
11-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
6m
Aaron Jones was a limited participant in today's walk-through so it would appear there's still hope for him to play Thursday. Here's the full (and lengthy) injury report:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/El7ZA0uXIAIVpTN?format=jpg&name=medium

run pMc
11-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Expect a lot of end arounds and jet sweeps with the WRs to give who ever they line up at RB a break.

Joemailman
11-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
·
40m
The #49ers have released WR Dante Pettis. The #Packers inquired about him at one point, so it wouldn't be surprising if they put in a waiver claim. It would only cost them around $264,000 in cap money. He does not have a catch this year and just 11 since promising rookie year.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
14m
Asked LaFleur about report of disagreement at highest levels of #Packers. He shoots that down emphatically: "I have no idea where anything like that would come from. We're in constant communication, we're always on the same page. There is no truth to that, I promise you that."

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod
·
13m
Both Matt LaFleur and Aaron Rodgers had high praise for #Packers' second-year RB Dexter Williams today.

MLF: "The thing I'll say about Dexter is he has worked his tail off. ... He prepares as well as anybody we have."

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
4m
Matt LaFleur said Allen Lazard is "really close" to a return..

Upnorth
11-04-2020, 07:04 AM
I dont see lazard anywhere on the injury list. Good sign

Joemailman
11-04-2020, 08:04 AM
I dont see lazard anywhere on the injury list. Good sign

He's on IR. Players on IR aren't listed on injury report.

Sparkey
11-04-2020, 11:13 AM
49ers shutdown facility due to covid 19 test results.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-shut-down-facility-due-to-covid-19-test-results-thursdays-game-vs-packers-still-on-per-report

Upnorth
11-04-2020, 12:13 PM
The way I'm feeling about this game makes me almost want to bring up politics to get a week ban....
No rb. And our d is so reminiscent of spray paint hair. The passing game has almost zero room for error.

Joemailman
11-04-2020, 04:29 PM
Kevin King, Will Redmond and Vernon Scott out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmAl_9BXUAABXjI?format=jpg&name=medium

Bretsky
11-04-2020, 05:17 PM
WHO SHOULD I PICKUP FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL FOR A RB ?

DEXTER WILLIAMS or TYLER ERVIN ?

Sad but in one league I have to start 4 RB's. WE have Mccaffrey, Mostert, and Miles Sanders. Everybody on our team is hurt...lol

RashanGary
11-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Dexter probably over erv. I don't see erv getting a ton of runs

Guiness
11-04-2020, 06:41 PM
Kevin King, Will Redmond and Vernon Scott out.

King has just been out so much but also flashed really good. I'm afraid the Pack lets him walk and he goes on to be a solid corner like what happened with Hayward.

Freak Out
11-04-2020, 07:53 PM
Sounds like its on.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2020, 08:16 PM
The way I'm feeling about this game makes me almost want to bring up politics to get a week ban....
No rb. And our d is so reminiscent of spray paint hair. The passing game has almost zero room for error.Bring up politics in any form again it will be a a month if that matters to you.

call_me_ishmael
11-04-2020, 09:44 PM
Sounds like the Niners only have 1 WR active as of today per this tweet.

https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status/1324159503055597569

Presumably they'll activate a few more - but we all know what Shanny is gonna do. Can old baldy stop it? My take is this: if the Packers get beat through the air with 5th, 6th, 7th receivers, then so be it. Baldy had better sell out 100% and stop the frigging run. If he doesn't and they get gashed on the ground again, then maybe the Packers should move on.

jklowan
11-05-2020, 07:13 AM
Allen Lazard posted on social media that he is on the team's flight to Thursday's Week 9 game against the 49ers.
Lazard is still in his window to be activated off injured reserve, so no practice status has been announced. We do know he participated last Thursday but have not seen updates since, so do not take this report as fact. There is a chance he is activated prior to kickoff on Thursday and could immediately be considered a FLEX option, as the Packers are heavy favorites facing off against an injury-riddled 49ers team.

ROTOWORLD.com

Upnorth
11-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Bring up politics in any form again it will be a a month if that matters to you.

No im just depressed about tonight. I'll be good. I just keep it to inappropriate comments about people's moms.

Upnorth
11-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Allen Lazard posted on social media that he is on the team's flight to Thursday's Week 9 game against the 49ers.
Lazard is still in his window to be activated off injured reserve, so no practice status has been announced. We do know he participated last Thursday but have not seen updates since, so do not take this report as fact. There is a chance he is activated prior to kickoff on Thursday and could immediately be considered a FLEX option, as the Packers are heavy favorites facing off against an injury-riddled 49ers team.

ROTOWORLD.com

I thought you could not practice with the team on it. Or is it a special 2020 rule?

Joemailman
11-05-2020, 10:19 AM
I thought you could not practice with the team on it. Or is it a special 2020 rule?

Under 2020 rules, a player on IR can start practicing after 3 weeks.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2020, 11:26 AM
I just keep it to inappropriate comments about people's moms.

Word to your mother - Vanilla Ice

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2020, 12:01 PM
This game kinda sux. I was hoping it would be delayed until monday and more players would be available

run pMc
11-05-2020, 12:25 PM
This game kinda sux. I was hoping it would be delayed until monday and more players would be available

No Kittle, no Kendrick Bourne, Deebo Samuel, Tevin Colman, Mostert, Aiyuk, Garropolo on offense.
If the defense can't stop this offense and stop the run, Pettine should be canned...or at least forced to walk back to GB.

SF's D will still be tough to play against, especially if Jones can't go and they have Dexter Williams starting. They'll have to keep an HB or Lovett in to pass protect; Dexter sure can't block.

Still, I gotta think with SF so beset with injuries and COVID that GB has to be favored to win in an ugly low scoring game.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2020, 12:39 PM

Shoulda moved it to Sunday. The NFL is greedy.

Now I’m gonna have to call in and use one of my precious personal time, time off in which employees can use for whatever reason without facing attendance consequences. Corporation that enslaves me for the minimum-wage only hand out the equivalent of 6 personal days a year, and they have to be earned (i.e. or e.g. for every 8 hours a person work, she earns 8 minutes of personal time, with a max of 48 hours). I have maxed out and only have 32 hours left.

The Wisconsin winter sucks. I would like to save the personal time for blizzard days. Fuck it, the only thing I look forward to every week is the 3 hours of Packer futbol. Gonna call in and enjoy the game, win or lose.

SudsMcBucky
11-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Shoulda moved it to Sunday. The NFL is greedy.

Now I’m gonna have to call in and use one of my precious personal time, time off in which employees can use for whatever reason without facing attendance consequences. Corporation that enslaves me for the minimum-wage only hand out the equivalent of 6 personal days a year, and they have to be earned (i.e. or e.g. for every 8 hours a person work, she earns 8 minutes of personal time, with a max of 48 hours). I have maxed out and only have 32 hours left.

The Wisconsin winter sucks. I would like to save the personal time for blizzard days. Fuck it, the only thing I look forward every week is the 3 hours of Packer futbol. Gonna call in and enjoy the game, win or lose.

That all may suck, but I bet you eat your fair share of "free" fries to offset minimum wage.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2020, 12:47 PM
That all may suck, but I bet you eat your fair share of "free" fries to offset minimum wage.

Negative. Only get 10% discount.

Fritz
11-05-2020, 03:15 PM
No im just depressed about tonight. I'll be good. I just keep it to inappropriate comments about people's moms.

Now THAT is the comment of a person who absolutely understands Packerrats.

I love it.