PDA

View Full Version : The official R-E-L-A-X thread

RashanGary
11-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Refs rigged a game. Move on.

texaspackerbacker
11-04-2020, 01:43 PM
Oh, you mean football ....... uh yeah, that too.

Upnorth
11-04-2020, 05:45 PM
I thought this was going to be 420 friendly

MadtownPacker
11-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Oh, you mean football ....... uh yeah, that too.It will be a month Tex. I said I would have zero tolerance so really I should zap you for this.

Vincenzo
11-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Ya okay, Dalvin Cook had 30 carries for 163 yards, averaged 5.4 yards per carry.

texaspackerbacker
11-05-2020, 01:54 AM
It will be a month Tex. I said I would have zero tolerance so really I should zap you for this.

hahahahaha Sorry. I didn't think that was the evil p word. I'll be a good boy from now on.

Patler
11-05-2020, 12:08 PM
Interesting season. Lots to discuss:

P Smith invisible too often
O line weathering multiple changes
Lazard needs to get back
Illness could really screw things up, if it spreads even more.
Travel must be getting to the players, locked in hotels
Interest among fans seems to be declining
Crosby injury could present problems in a close game.
Scott may not punt enough to stay in league rankings,

SudsMcBucky
11-05-2020, 12:19 PM

Lazard needs to get back

In regards to "C", I never paid attention, but did Flower ever say he went for 2 last week because of injury to Mason, or due to the weather?

run pMc
11-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Crosby wasn't on the injury list, so I'm guessing he's better.
Lazard does need to get back, but it's hard to have high expectations for a player coming off IR who will be rusty.

Big game for the Smiths, and the defense overall. If they can actually figure out how to play sound defense when in the 3-4 base then they could be good.

run pMc
11-05-2020, 12:32 PM

I disagree they rigged a game. I think it was tightly called, and incorrectly called at times. The PI call on Jaire and the picked up flag on Tonyan's coverage really made me angry.
Everyone knew this ref crew threw more flags than usual, they didn't play to account for it and it hurt them.

All that said, the run defense lost that game for GB, not the refs. They knew Cook was going to run the ball a LOT, and he did, and they couldn't stop him... even with 8 in the box. That's just awful. They shut down the run and force Cousins to throw downfield in 25 mph gusts and you are going to see INTs.

Smidgeon
11-05-2020, 01:00 PM
I disagree they rigged a game. I think it was tightly called, and incorrectly called at times. The PI call on Jaire and the picked up flag on Tonyan's coverage really made me angry.
Everyone knew this ref crew threw more flags than usual, they didn't play to account for it and it hurt them.

All that said, the run defense lost that game for GB, not the refs. They knew Cook was going to run the ball a LOT, and he did, and they couldn't stop him... even with 8 in the box. That's just awful. They shut down the run and force Cousins to throw downfield in 25 mph gusts and you are going to see INTs.

That picked up flag on the obvious PI against Tonyan was the first penalty all year that I got upset over. It bothered me. The Jaire one? Ticky tack, but his hands were all over. Could see it going either way. But the Tonyan one was "wreck a game" bad.

MadtownPacker
11-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Yes relax this team isn’t Super Bowl bound.

RashanGary
11-05-2020, 05:57 PM
Yes relax this team isn’t Super Bowl bound.

Why don’t you and Bretsky find a room!!!

GB-Brandon
11-05-2020, 07:21 PM
Reffs rigged a game. LOL. It was also toooooo Humid in Tampa!!! LOL!!!!

This team is perennially SOFT and the front office is a JOKE!

MadtownPacker
11-05-2020, 09:34 PM
Why don’t you and Bretsky find a room!!!I got something he can pour caramel on... :lol:

Anti-Polar Bear
11-05-2020, 11:43 PM
Reffs rigged a game. LOL. It was also toooooo Humid in Tampa!!! LOL!!!!

This team is perennially SOFT and the front office is a JOKE!

Welcome back. We need someone to counter Harrell’s extreme homerism.

GB-Brandon
11-08-2020, 12:13 PM

I hate to say it but we just can’t take the Packers seriously anymore. “The New Outlook” is amazing. The Packers don’t take themselves seriously so why should we? This is a much better way to go about it so you don’t have to go through all the bullshit!!!

They are perennial “Front Runners.” The first sign of blood they go running back crying to mommy.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2020, 12:58 PM

Actually, no we do not. In the case of the Packers, "Homerism" = Reality.

run pMc
11-09-2020, 10:05 AM
They are a playoff team, but I have serious doubts about them as a Superb Owl team based on their defense. The Smiths would need to have incredible second half seasons, and the ILB pass coverage and run defense would need to actually exist.

Vincenzo
11-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Actually his “homerism” use to be a breath of fresh air around here, but like anything else, when you over do full-on homerism it just becomes annoying.

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2020, 04:43 PM
It's a shame there's no B in that P word, Patler, as much as ya'all love Bakhtiari and think it makes such a big difference when he comes back.

Upnorth
11-09-2020, 04:54 PM
They are a playoff team, but I have serious doubts about them as a Superb Owl team based on their defense. The Smiths would need to have incredible second half seasons, and the ILB pass coverage and run defense would need to actually exist.

This was the trade move we needed to have happen
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2020/11/9/21556417/packers-tried-to-acquire-dt-dalvin-tomlinson-from-giants-at-trade-deadline-per-report

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Based on the current records of the teams we've played and teams we’re yet to play...... We had the 5th toughest schedule in the league in the first half of the season and have the fifth easiest schedule for the last 8 weeks.

So.....

R-E-L-A-X

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 08:31 AM
The no offense Bears are a great matchup for our so far average defense

The only team we should probably lose to is the elite outside zone rushing team, the Titans.

MadtownPacker
11-11-2020, 08:50 AM

Lazard needs to get back
Scott may not punt enough to stay in league rankings,Why are you trying to provoke? It’s not funny and not appreciated. Please don’t or next time I will.

Fritz
11-11-2020, 10:59 AM
I think it would've been funny if Rodgers had mis-spelled it when he gave us that famous spelled-out quote.

Like, what if the guy was dyslexic? "Hey everybody, I have one thing to say. 'R-E-X-A-L.'"

Patler
11-15-2020, 01:56 AM

Lazard needs to get back

Why are you trying to provoke? It’s not funny and not appreciated. Please don’t or next time I will.

So now we can't even have a little fun here, huh? You asked in another thread what we want from this place. How about everyone taking this thread to heart? RELAX. I provoked no one with my post, except, apparently, a thin-skinned Madtown Packer.

I listed legitimate Packer team topics. So what if I listed them in a particular order to generate an acronym to poke a little fun at this board in general, and at no one in particular? Does that make the topics any less legitimate? There was no discussion of the "forbidden subject". Listing topics in an order creating a noun acronym is NOT discussion of the noun itself in any way shape or form. Do we now have forbidden words??

You wrote; "Please don't or next time I will."
I have no idea what it is I shouldn't do. Post an acronym-generating list of discussion topics? Use the "p" word?
If I do, you "will" what? Ban me? Ookaayy....... What punishment! I shudder at the thought!

If you were expecting an apology or contrition, you won't get it from me; not for this. I did nothing wrong.

Check my history, I generally avoid the forbidden subject, seldom provoke intentionally and for years and years tried to keep this site on point and active; more-so in the past, less-so in the last couple years as life interfered. After all that, you threaten, instead of taking my post as you know it was intended, and responding with something like; "Now there is 'politics' we CAN discuss!"; or simply messaging me about your concerns.

Ban me if you want, who cares? I will not miss this board, and this board will not miss me.

Heck, if I have to walk on eggshells to avoid threats from you, I will just go ahead and ban myself.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 07:02 AM
Patler, politics is such a hot topic right now. People are easily offended and they message madtown about it. I got a short ban for saying an nfl game was rigged and I’m sure the way I said it provoked someone to tell madtown that I was trolling about politics. I wasn’t. I do see how it looks that way. But there is a lot of complaining going on and it all falls on one guys shoulders, especially since pb left and 1/3 of our posting volume left with him.

So there is a little background to the apparent ”sensitivity” that I think has more to do with keeping this place alive when very few message boards have survived the mass social media shift toward huge sites like Twitter, Facebook, snap chat, tik tok and the like.

I try to understand the challenge even if madtown can't be perfect in his attempts, literally nobody can and someones always gonna complain. But it's obvious to me that the people who do the most to keep this place running are doing their best even if they're not perfect holy gods who have never made a mistake in their lives.

MadtownPacker
11-16-2020, 08:41 PM
So now we can't even have a little fun here, huh? You asked in another thread what we want from this place. How about everyone taking this thread to heart? RELAX. I provoked no one with my post, except, apparently, a thin-skinned Madtown Packer.

I listed legitimate Packer team topics. So what if I listed them in a particular order to generate an acronym to poke a little fun at this board in general, and at no one in particular? Does that make the topics any less legitimate? There was no discussion of the "forbidden subject". Listing topics in an order creating a noun acronym is NOT discussion of the noun itself in any way shape or form. Do we now have forbidden words??

You wrote; "Please don't or next time I will."
I have no idea what it is I shouldn't do. Post an acronym-generating list of discussion topics? Use the "p" word?
If I do, you "will" what? Ban me? Ookaayy....... What punishment! I shudder at the thought!

If you were expecting an apology or contrition, you won't get it from me; not for this. I did nothing wrong.

Check my history, I generally avoid the forbidden subject, seldom provoke intentionally and for years and years tried to keep this site on point and active; more-so in the past, less-so in the last couple years as life interfered. After all that, you threaten, instead of taking my post as you know it was intended, and responding with something like; "Now there is 'politics' we CAN discuss!"; or simply messaging me about your concerns.

Ban me if you want, who cares? I will not miss this board, and this board will not miss me.

Heck, if I have to walk on eggshells to avoid threats from you, I will just go ahead and ban myself.We can have whatever fun we want. But that thread you referenced clearly said there would be zero tolerance for anything politics. But I didn’t take that course with you did I? You got special treatment because you are held in high regard by all. As he said, a repeat offender like Rashangary gets zapped for any offense. Yet you can still post your complaint. Funny how life works.

I know you just tried poking fun. Yes you did it in a creative way. I’m sure all your teachers loved little Patler. But how can I enforce no politics for some and not all? I understand you probably would not keep pressing but what about that poster who can’t resist themselves from saying something, be it to complain or to begin discussing politics? You know words aren’t banned here. They just belong in certain areas.

Please don’t continue with the politics joking or I will have to enforce the zero tolerance for politics I said I would in the thread. I was pleading with you to not make me ban someone who is a great poster and respected by many if not all. I made the exception, when for Brandon I did not when he took someone’s bait. You might not shudder but it riled you up enough to type all this. But yes you would get the week everyone else has gotten when they were shown no favor. I damn sure didn’t take the time to talk to them about it like I am doing with you.

Apologies my lord, but no one asked you to say sorry. In fact I had forgotten about this. But I am glad you said something if I pissed you off. Even being so thin-skinned I have always been willing to discuss anything with anyone. From posters wanting things changed to one threatening to come to my town and smoke me. I could only be so lucky.

I don’t need to check your history Patler. After 14 years I would like to think I know it. I don’t feel like I have to worry about checking your post ever. The only reason I even saw this was cuz your ass bolded the letters!

You are correct that you keep this site on point and active. You are wrong that you would not be missed. When you have a damn verb (Patlerized) named after you here I think it’s safe to say you have made your mark.

I must admit, you typically don’t have a flair for the dramatics but this post shows you truly are a man of many skills. I like this side.

When have you had to walk on eggshells? Why now? I didn’t ban you, not planning to, and if you did it again I would likely just say something like I did this time. If I was heavy handed I apologize but I have to do what is best for the forum. That’s also why I didn’t even consider banning you.

Teamcheez1
11-17-2020, 05:16 AM
Your judgement has been poor the vast majority of the time. It doesn’t surprise me that you would launch into a soliloquy of self-righteousness. Thank you for your great leadership Nero.

MadtownPacker
11-17-2020, 07:54 AM
Unlike Patler you are fucking useless. Best of luck at your new forum where everything is done to your satisfaction.