PDA

View Full Version : The official mini bye into Jaguars game week discussion thread

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Great time for a mini bye. It’s the middle point of the season. We whipped up on the 49ers at their house. Jones, Adams and Rodgers are all healthy together for what seems like a rare occurrence this year.

You’d have to expect Lazard, King, Kirksey and Bakhtiari back at some point soon. And just in time. If Rick Wagner has a knee, Turner can move to right and it’s an injury with no affect.

Kenny Clark and the DL only had to play 30 snaps a piece. That small work load plus a mini bye is exactly what the doctor ordered for the healthy of our front guys.

Gotta hope Pettine can get his starting secondary and kirksey together soon. This soft part of the schedule is the perfect time to get guys going in the right direction and be at their best for the push to the super bowl.

It’s lining up pretty well. Health, schedule. I think especially taking the rookies out of that MLB spot and getting king back will help. Pettine can disguise and play more variety of defense when there are veterans at the key spots.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 11:26 AM
Get all of Rodgers favorite weapons together. Build some cohesiveness going into post season.

Get all of Pettine’s veteran back end of the defense together. Get the bigs healthy. Go into post season playing with chemistry

Super bowl!

Freak Out
11-06-2020, 11:43 AM
Agreed. Mini boost of confidence and a little extra time to heal up. Sometimes you need a beat up on a skinny kid.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Agreed. Mini boost of confidence and a little extra time to heal up. Sometimes you need a beat up on a skinny kid.

Absolutely! We get a couple skinny kids to beat up on too. Helps to be able to practice form and get the fundamentals down.

The best defenses have high impact bigs and smart, veteran back ends with a couple play makers. The SMART becomes so important for those ILB, safeties and corners. The NFL has gone from a mostly man defense league to a league where the best teams play a big variety. It takes smart players to be able to play a lot of different defenses well. Gotta get that group together and clicking on all cylinders for the stretch run. While I’m a big fan of Barnes for the long haul and Martin too.... kirksey brings a lot more stability to a spot on the field that requires so much communication and cohesiveness with the guys around him. For THIS YEAR, kirksey makes our defense a lot better because Pettine has the horses otherwise to run a wide variety of defensive calls.

Tony Oday
11-06-2020, 12:29 PM
Until we can stop the run consistently there is no reason to think this team will win anything meaningful

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2020, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't care if Kirksey never came back. After Barnes was hurt, and with Martin not there, Summers looked decent and even Burks did alright. When Kirksey played, I never saw him play nearly as good as any of those 4. They ain't any of them Fred Warner, but they are probably only one level down.

Joemailman
11-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Krys Barnes and Jordan Love placed on Covid reserve list.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 04:39 PM
Krys Barnes and Jordan Love placed on Covid reserve list.

Kirksey back looking good for us. Hopefully covid starts to decline in Wisconsin and we somehow survive the plague to make a healthy run.

Hopefully the plague hits tampa and Seattle hard :lol:

Joemailman
11-06-2020, 08:51 PM
Barnes tested positive.
Jordan Love was Barnes' roommate.
Aaron Rodgers will be wearing a bubble suit in QB room when Love comes back. (Okay, I made that laat part up.)

run pMc
11-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Until we can stop the run consistently there is no reason to think this team will win anything meaningful

Agree. The defense hasn't shown it can stop an above-average offense.
Kirskey is basically what Martinez was last year. Getting him back doesn't move the needle much, but it does give them more depth. I'd rather play Kirksey, Martin, and Barnes at ILB than Summers or Burks. Barnes hasn't finished the last 3 games he's been in, so they need the depth. Even Raven Greene and Vernon Scott are hurt.

Half the roster is on the injury/COVID list, and the extra time to heal up matters with the stretch run ahead (which includes the Colts and - most importantly - 2 Bears games). Hopefully the coaches do some self scouting and "clean things up". :roll:

Playing JAX off a mini-bye will be good. They aren't a playoff contender and will give GB some fight but I'd expect GB to be substantial favorites.

RashanGary
11-07-2020, 05:39 PM
The J-E-T-S jets jets jets are playing the patriots on Sunday.

In my infinite wisdom, one of the refs I have tagged as a conspirator is calling the game. Soooo..... I bet on the jets +7.5. If you can’t beat the rigging, join it! Biwinning!

Fritz
11-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Agree. The defense hasn't shown it can stop an above-average offense.
Kirskey is basically what Martinez was last year. Getting him back doesn't move the needle much, but it does give them more depth. I'd rather play Kirksey, Martin, and Barnes at ILB than Summers or Burks. Barnes hasn't finished the last 3 games he's been in, so they need the depth. Even Raven Greene and Vernon Scott are hurt.

Half the roster is on the injury/COVID list, and the extra time to heal up matters with the stretch run ahead (which includes the Colts and - most importantly - 2 Bears games). Hopefully the coaches do some self scouting and "clean things up". :roll:

Playing JAX off a mini-bye will be good. They aren't a playoff contender and will give GB some fight but I'd expect GB to be substantial favorites.

It's hard for me to get too excited about championship prospects with a defense that is so soft.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2020, 01:06 PM
When you're capable of outscoring anybody, there's definitely "championship prospects". And when you have Aaron Rodgers and now Aaron Jones too, you are capable of outscoring anybody.

beveaux1
11-08-2020, 01:11 PM
It's hard for me to get too excited about championship prospects with a defense that is so soft.

This.

run pMc
11-09-2020, 10:50 AM

same

George Cumby
11-09-2020, 11:01 AM

+1

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2020, 05:09 PM
So I guess ya'all prefer a team like the Bears to a team like the Packers? Ideally, we have super D AND super O, but that's pretty rare. If it comes down to one or the other, I'll take offense hands down, and not just from the standpoint of interest as a fan - it also IMO is a better recipe for being a winning team. I don't hear many people saying, "the Packers still suck".

MadScientist
11-09-2020, 05:42 PM
So I guess ya'all prefer a team like the Bears to a team like the Packers? Ideally, we have super D AND super O, but that's pretty rare. If it comes down to one or the other, I'll take offense hands down, and not just from the standpoint of interest as a fan - it also IMO is a better recipe for being a winning team. I don't hear many people saying, "the Packers still suck".

If you can only have one, the good offense is better because it is more entertaining and you will win games against weaker teams and get to he playoffs. Unless your defense is good you won't get to the SB, let alone win it.

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2020, 06:38 PM
Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. To win it all, you need some degree of good D too. Problem is, though, the consistent top D teams seem to be that up and down type - feast or famine, win it all then drop down for a while. The Giants are the example that comes to mind, although I'm sure there have been others.

Speaking for myself, though, no way I would trade the quarter century or more of excellence the Packers have had through the Favre and Rodgers years just to have an up and down team like that. I suppose there are others who see it the other way around, but I sure as hell don't.

Joemailman
11-10-2020, 07:29 AM
Packers favored by 14. Jags will again be starting rookie QB Jake Luton who played well last week against Houston. Jags pass defense is 28th in the NFL, allowing 280 yards per game, with 17 TD passes allowed with 6 INT's.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-10-2020, 07:34 AM
Packers favored by 14. Jags will again be starting rookie QB Jake Luton who played well last week against Houston. Jags pass defense is 28th in the NFL, allowing 280 yards per game, with 17 TD passes allowed with 6 INT's.

What happened to Harrell’s hard-on, Uncle Rico?

Zool
11-10-2020, 08:05 AM

Good news for me, I have Robinson on my fantasy team. If the Jags D can play at least halfway decent, he should have a ton of yards before they get too far behind.

HarveyWallbangers
11-10-2020, 12:57 PM
Jags will again be starting rookie QB Jake Luton who played well last week against Houston.

My guy, Luton. :)

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31430-2020-NFL-DRAFT-QUARTERBACKS

HarveyWallbangers
11-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Good news for me, I have Robinson on my fantasy team.

Me too.

Joemailman
11-11-2020, 10:10 AM
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=10

Most of upper midwest gets Packer game. Chris Myers, Greg Jennings and Brock Huard with the call. LP of Michigan gets Lions vs Football Team. Sorry Fritz.

https://506sports.com/2020/10-FOX-E.png

SudsMcBucky
11-11-2020, 10:24 AM
The even better thing is when DirecTV gives you free NFL Sunday Ticket, you don't need to worry about these maps.

Fritz
11-11-2020, 10:55 AM
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=10

Most of upper midwest gets Packer game. Chris Myers, Greg Jennings and Brock Huard with the call. LP of Michigan gets Lions vs Football Team. Sorry Fritz.

https://506sports.com/2020/10-FOX-E.png

I appreciate the sympathy, but my wife and I ditched cable and installed an antenna, and Fox is simply no longer available to us. Thus, I am forced to go to sleazy websites on my computer in order to watch Packer games while ads are inserting themselves everywhere on my screen, asking me if I'd like to meet hot European women.

Joemailman
11-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Good news about Bakhtiari. Maybe not so good about Alexander.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
35m
#Packers practicing today:
David Bakhtiari (chest)
Kevin King (quad)
Allen Lazard (core surgery)
Jamaal Williams (COVID/reserve)
Kamal Martin (COVID/reserve)

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
38m
#Packers not practicing today:
Jaire Alexander (concussion)
Za’Darius Smith
Rick Wagner (knee)
EQ St. Brown
Darrius Shepherd

Sparkey
11-11-2020, 02:18 PM
I appreciate the sympathy, but my wife and I ditched cable and installed an antenna, and Fox is simply no longer available to us. Thus, I am forced to go to sleazy websites on my computer in order to watch Packer games while ads are inserting themselves everywhere on my screen, asking me if I'd like to meet hot European women.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DviytAbSHmI/XHfq0oEX3DI/AAAAAAAAWgc/qd_VUqc4l6kx_cmoXyiHlEAFjM4xlEI-ACK4BGAYYCw/s1600/2-Alina+Kovalenko+pictures+and+photos+%2824%29.jpg

Joemailman
11-11-2020, 04:31 PM
Packers place Dexter Williams on IR; sign former Cowboys RB Mike Weber to PS. Weber was 2019 7th round pick.

Feet - Love the timing of his footwork and step frequency pressing the line of scrimmage. Runs with impressive rhythm and balance. Modest burst is generated off his plant foot but his pace and timing helps overcome that.

Vision - Wonderful field vision and spatial awareness with a nuanced approach to attacking it. Effectively patient and works off his blocks. Always two steps ahead and he always a plan. Impressive feel between the tackles and attacking the perimeter. Confident and decisive runner that does well to anticipate creases.

Pass Protection - Was not frequently tasked with reps in pass protection but his effort is adequate. With that said, his anchor does not appear overly stout. Needs to be more effective fitting his hands and leveraging his hips in pass pro.

Receiving - Is a reliable target out of the backfield and he was featured a decent amount as a receiver at Ohio State. Some impressive reps where he extends and plucks the football outside his frame. Quickly looks to create yards after the catch after he secures the ball.

Balance - Does well to set up tacklers and make it difficult for them to square him up. Impressive ability to absorb contact and continue up the field. Regularly spins out of contact and remains controlled stringing together moves. High steps allow him to get through junk around his feet.

Elusiveness - Has some wiggle, agility and juice about him although he isn’t overly dynamic. Can create some space for himself with his unique blend of power and finesse components as a runner.

Power - He is a physical runner that features a low center of gravity and runs with an aggressive mentality. With that said, he doesn’t have game-changing power although he is plenty strong.

Competitive Toughness - No questions here. Weber competes to the max on every touch, battling for extra yardage through contact. Effort never wanes and he is never shy about exchanging power. Not quick to find the sideline.

Versatility - Has at least baseline ability in every area, making him a multifaceted back that can help an offense in a variety of ways. No glaring restrictions are present in his skill set. Has potential in gap and zone schemes.

BEST TRAIT - Balance

WORST TRAIT - Pass Protection

A staple across the last three seasons for the Ohio State offense, Weber is a nuanced runner with a minimum baseline skill set in every important area. What really stands out with Weber is his pace, timing, vision and balance as a ball carrier. He’s an effective receiver with good power and enough elusiveness to be dangerous in space. Weber should be a quality rotational back at the next level that offers quality contributions in every facet.

Round Grade - Fourth Round Value

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 05:31 PM
Vikings favored to beat the Bears. That's how bad the Bears offense has been. Yikes.

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 05:43 PM
Bakhtiari a full participant. Nice timing for Wagner to be down with a short term knee. We just gotta have bakh near 100 for the bears, colts and titans games

Bretsky
11-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Vikings favored to beat the Bears. That's how bad the Bears offense has been. Yikes.

Am I imagining this, or does Jimmy Graham look like a capable football player this year ?

I wanna argue he must have been hurt all the time for us; it's sad that his stats with the horrid Bears are better than when he was with our offense.

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Alexander might be down. Which isn't the worst thing facing a rookie backup QB.

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Am I imagining this, or does Jimmy Graham look like a capable football player this year ?

I wanna argue he must have been hurt all the time for us; it's sad that his stats with the horrid Bears are better than when he was with our offense.

Yep. Annoying

RashanGary
11-11-2020, 06:47 PM
I really hope we get Lazard and Kirksey back this week.

Kirksey because we want him sort of in sync with the defense for filthy Phil next week. Lazard sort of the same. Knock off some rust so we can be at our best for Indy and Chicago coming up.

Would be absolutely ideal if we're approaching 100% health for these tougher two games coming up.

HarveyWallbangers
11-11-2020, 07:48 PM

Graham has averaged 8.6 yards/catch and only two games with more than 34 yards, so I don’t think his play has changed much. He has 30 catches on 55 targets.

Freak Out
11-11-2020, 07:59 PM
Always like it when SEA plays late. Alaska will get the Packer game.

Freak Out
11-11-2020, 08:01 PM

Satellite radio is an option if you can get a deal. I canceled when the free service on my truck finally ran out but they offered a sweet deal that included NFL so I grabbed it. Packer radio is pretty fun to listen to.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2020, 09:09 PM
Graham has averaged 8.6 yards/catch and only two games with more than 34 yards, so I don’t think his play has changed much. He has 30 catches on 55 targets.

I think the TV announcers are talking about him like he's still a stud because they don't have much else to hype on the Bears offense.

Joemailman
11-12-2020, 10:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmkrvY1XIAALfGM?format=png&name=900x900

Fritz
11-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Satellite radio is an option if you can get a deal. I canceled when the free service on my truck finally ran out but they offered a sweet deal that included NFL so I grabbed it. Packer radio is pretty fun to listen to.

You can get Packer games on Sirius XM? I happen to have a free subscription right now...

run pMc
11-12-2020, 11:59 AM
You can get Packer games on Sirius XM? I happen to have a free subscription right now...

You can also stream WTMJ from your computer (if it's a desktop/laptop) and connect to a bluetooth speaker while you're raking leaves outside.

Freak Out
11-12-2020, 12:17 PM

Search for the NFL. Both home and away radio feeds.

Joemailman
11-12-2020, 03:57 PM
https://primary-cdn-shortstop.espn.net/96a2e345-227f-4d15-9fdc-4afb1d029063.png

run pMc
11-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Will be interesting to see who plays in the secondary. I assume Jaire is out, and King might not play. That means Sullivan, Jackson, and Hollman are your top 3.

Joemailman
11-12-2020, 05:16 PM
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
·
1h
#Packers DC Mike Pettine said he told NT Kenny Clark "he's a victim of his own success" with all the double teams he's facing. He said he could sense Clark was frustrated and he told him not to try to do too much. "Kenny's a prideful guy," Pettine said. "He'll be fine."

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
1h
Billy Turner on going from right side of O line to left side: "It's like wiping your ass with your opposite hand. If you've ever tried that, I'm sure you know."

He says he picked that line up from former #Packers OL Josh Sitton. Which, yeah, that checks out..

hoosier
11-13-2020, 08:32 AM
Billy Turner on going from right side of O line to left side: "It's like wiping your ass with your opposite hand. If you've ever tried that, I'm sure you know."

I wonder if he's ever tried toilet paper. Don't shake hands with Billy!

RashanGary
11-13-2020, 09:08 AM
Davante up to 98 overall in madden, higher than jordy ever was, officially ending the debate

Joemailman
11-13-2020, 09:52 AM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
18m
Packers’ FB John Lovett out for year with ACL tear, per source.

Damn. First DeGuara and now Lovett. Tough year at that position.

He was listed on injury report on Wednesday as full participation with knee injury. Thursday he was limited participation with knee. Now torn ACL? Was this a misdiagnosed injury?

Fritz
11-13-2020, 01:03 PM
Will be interesting to see who plays in the secondary. I assume Jaire is out, and King might not play. That means Sullivan, Jackson, and Hollman are your top 3.

Here's a chance to see what Jackson actually can do over the course of a game. See what he is.

I am more hopeful of Hollman. I'm hoping he can develop into a nice #3 corner.

run pMc
11-13-2020, 02:18 PM
Here's a chance to see what Jackson actually can do over the course of a game. See what he is.

I am more hopeful of Hollman. I'm hoping he can develop into a nice #3 corner.

I was more hopeful of him, but the fact that he's not leapfrogged Jackson tells me he's not ready or likely to be a significant contributor. We'll find out if that's true vs. JAX.
It's Year 2 for him, if he was good you'd think he'd see more snaps.

Joemailman
11-13-2020, 03:12 PM
Alexander will be evaluated tomorrow. Good chance that Lazard and Kirksey will be activated off of IR.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Emu1pRHXEAALOcx?format=jpg&name=medium

RashanGary
11-13-2020, 03:27 PM
Jackson is kind of a penalty machine. But otherwise, he's not getting beat very often. He's been a competitive and competent replacement so far with a real wart in the penalties.

King should not be super expensive with the cap situation across the league. I wouldn't fret too much if he goes and I wouldn't be too upset if we keep him on a cheap deal either.

CB2 is just not a strength no matter what. It's barely servicable with Jackson and servicable with King.

RashanGary
11-13-2020, 03:29 PM
We could, fairly easily, keep King and Jones if we want to going forward. Bakh, with Turner playing alright, is probably the one who we can't afford, unfortunately.

I just think both king and Jones are gonna come pretty cheap.

RashanGary
11-13-2020, 08:31 PM
Perfect timing for bakh to come back. Knock off a little rust and be 100 for a really tough Colts DL that's definitely going to require a little help inside on Buckner. Nobody can constantly block him with 1 guy.

smuggler
11-13-2020, 10:18 PM
Jackson got buttfucked on a long DPI against the Bucs that was pretty ticky-tack. Definitely not as bad a the one the league had the zebras pick up the next week against Minny. I give him a bit of a break on penalties. They're subjective.

RashanGary
11-14-2020, 08:51 AM
Jackson got buttfucked on a long DPI against the Bucs that was pretty ticky-tack. Definitely not as bad a the one the league had the zebras pick up the next week against Minny. I give him a bit of a break on penalties. They're subjective.

He's young too. I listened to the first press conference I've seen him in yesterday. Seemed like a really good guy, and obviously this is kind of a small room here and I wouldn't post this on Twitter for everyone to see..... But he didn't seem very bright. Maybe though, he just picked it up slowly and he's still ascending. Glad he got all of the valuable snaps lately. If King or Alexander have to leave the game during a playoff game, at least he's gotten a little playing time under his belt so he can keep the ship afloat for a couple snaps.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-14-2020, 11:39 AM
Jackson is kind of a penalty machine. But otherwise, he's not getting beat very often. He's been a competitive and competent replacement so far with a real wart in the penalties.

You ain’t know fucks about the shit you excrete.

Jackson gets beat by everybody. Divas. Backups. PS call-ups. Fritz’s mother.

Watch the fucking films before you type!

Joemailman
11-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Jackson's coverage stats this year are comparable to Kevin King's. Packers pass defense hasn't gotten noticeably worse with Jackson starting in placeof King. You can get by with him as your #2 corner as long as your #1 is really good.

RashanGary
11-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Jackson's coverage stats this year are comparable to Kevin King's. Packers pass defense hasn't gotten noticeably worse with Jackson starting in placeof King. You can get by with him as your #2 corner as long as your #1 is really good.

Decent safety play, a solid nickel guy and a soon to be veteran ILB help to stabilize things too. Mass confusion and a lot of young players would compound Jackson's weaknesses

Still, we're just not deep enough to win in the playoffs without some really lucky health breaks. I still have hope for a special championship season if they can get some cohesion and chemistry before the games really count

RashanGary
11-14-2020, 01:39 PM
Pettine doesn't really have star players. Ja money and that's it. A couple real good ones in Clark and Z, but only one real star. If we win its gonna be veteran cohesiveness allowing the back end to play better than the sum of its parts and a rotation up front allowing for guys to be stronger and more forceful as the game gets into the 4th quarter. I see a path, but it's gonna take some breaks. Health/Chemistry

RashanGary
11-14-2020, 02:38 PM
Cousins
Stafford
Ryan
Brees
Brady
Watson
Cousins
49er backup

Rookie
Rivers
Foles
Struggling Wentz
Stafford
Bridgewater
Tannenhill
Foles

The back end of the schedule doesn’t look too bad. The only team we match up kinda horribly against is the Titans. They run the ball.... really well! And play great defense. Other than that, on paper, I think we should win them all. Colts gonna be tough too. But I like our chances

run pMc
11-14-2020, 04:02 PM
Pettine doesn't really have star players. Ja money and that's it. A couple real good ones in Clark and Z, but only one real star. If we win its gonna be veteran cohesiveness allowing the back end to play better than the sum of its parts and a rotation up front allowing for guys to be stronger and more forceful as the game gets into the 4th quarter. I see a path, but it's gonna take some breaks. Health/Chemistry

They have several players they are paying like stars: Clark and the Smiths, maybe Amos. They will need to step up with the secondary hurting and improve the pass rush AND somehow figure out how to stop the run. I have more faith in their pass rush. I think Jaire is a shutdown corner, when his time comes he'll get paid a lot of money.

run pMc
11-14-2020, 04:12 PM

Not doubting you; all I could find was JJ's PFF rating this year is 49.4 (13 receptions allowed on 20 targets) and KK's is 57.1 (8 catches allowed on 13 targets). Sullivan is 60.9, Jaire is 88.3. Hollman is 50.8 but I suspect the sample size is very small.

If you have different info, please share.

FWIW I don't think Jackson is trash, but for a R2 pick it's fair to say he's disappointed. Some thought he was the best CB in the draft, he's probably a career #4 CB...someone you can get away with for a half, but are also looking to replace all the time.

Between Jackson and Burks, the whole defense would look/play different if they'd panned out.

Joemailman
11-14-2020, 04:14 PM
Packers activate Kirksey, but not Lazard. WR Juwann Winfree elevated from PS.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2020, 08:56 AM
I really hope Kirksey doesn't take playing time away from any of the 3 or 4 ILBs that have played better than he ever played for the Packers. I hope Lazard hasn't had any setbacks - just another week of rest and healing instead of playing him against a probably weak opponent.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2020, 09:03 AM
I really hope Kirksey doesn't take playing time away from any of the 3 or 4 ILBs that have played better than he ever played for the Packers. I hope Lazard hasn't had any setbacks - just another week of rest and healing instead of playing him against a probably weak opponent.

While he’s not Jesus Warner, Kirksey is better in coverage than the two what’s their names. I’m excited for Captain Kirk’s return.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 09:29 AM
Packers have 4 of the top 60 rated madden players. Adams, Rodgers, Bakh and Jaire.

Packers double represented as far as having the best in the league on our team.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 09:45 AM
3 of the top 21 players.

Packers are 3% of the league but have 14% of the top 21 players.

Chiefs, Seahawks and Rams each have 2. Most teams don’t even have 1

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2020, 11:12 AM
Packers have 4 of the top 60 rated madden players. Adams, Rodgers, Bakh and Jaire.

Packers double represented as far as having the best in the league on our team.

I have won 2 in a rows online with the recent roster update. Was on a 5 games losing streak. Current online record is 34-28. I use the Packers about 99.8% of the time.

I don’t play Madden 10 hours a day like I did in my institutionalized days. Porn and Madden pretty much ruined my youth.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-15-2020, 11:17 AM
In hindsight, I woulda been better off dropping out of college and spending a whole lotta more time on Madden. Madden tournaments and online play for the bucks pay more than burger flipping.

KYPack
11-15-2020, 11:43 AM
What type of nut joint did they lock you up in?

4 point restraint or padded cell w/supervision?

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 12:02 PM
In hindsight, I woulda been better off dropping out of college and spending a whole lotta more time on Madden. Madden tournaments and online play for the bucks pay more than burger flipping.

I tried to get my kids to drop out of school and focus on music. But just not their interest. I’m not a big believer in education. Seems the smarter people think they are with their stupid degrees, the dumber they actually are.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2020, 04:33 PM
Seems the smarter people think they are with their stupid degrees, the dumber they actually are.

I'm with you, and that's coming from somebody with a college education. The people I respect the most (that know about things that matter) didn't go to college. I go to them when I need to figure out something.

MadScientist
11-15-2020, 05:36 PM
I tried to get my kids to drop out of school and focus on music. But just not their interest. I’m not a big believer in education. Seems the smarter people think they are with their stupid degrees, the dumber they actually are.

People without degrees can be plenty dumb as well.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2020, 06:50 PM
People without degrees can be plenty dumb as well.

Sure. Problem is that most with a college degree think they are smarter than most others. The ones without a degree don’t seem to give two shits about any of it.

Zool
11-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Sure. Problem is that most with a college degree think they are smarter than most others. The ones without a degree don’t seem to give two shits about any of it.

I’ve met lots of people with no education who think they are super smart. People are people.

smuggler
11-16-2020, 10:03 AM
Smartest people I've ever met were the kind of people that didn't pursue "education" but absolutely pursued "learning." A few of them had professional degrees, most didn't ever attend university. A PhD is pretty much useless 9 times out of 10.

RashanGary
11-16-2020, 10:29 AM
Smartest people I've ever met were the kind of people that didn't pursue "education" but absolutely pursued "learning." A few of them had professional degrees, most didn't ever attend university. A PhD is pretty much useless 9 times out of 10.

The smartest people I know enjoy life. Because you only get one of them lives. Live the fuck out of it.

texaspackerbacker
11-16-2020, 10:37 AM
Amen to that, RG.