PDA

View Full Version : Packers offense about to explode to the top of the league

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 11:47 AM
Let me count the ways

1. Aaron freaking Rodgers
2. Davante freaking Adams
3. Aaron freaking Jones

On top of that, some great role players!

Tonyan (run/pass) player
Lazard (run/pass) player
Mercedes (rare OT type blocking skills with some just enough catching skills)
Erv - ideal jet sweep skillset. Opens up a nice package
Williams - ideal 3rd down skillset. Elite pass blocker, catcher and screen player
MVS - ideal for long field situations. Big plays and decoy plays

There is enough star quality and VETERAN role player diversity to have a big playbook and a lot of options to attack a lot of different types of defenses in just about any game situation.

I put VETERAN in caps because if you’re going to specialize in doing a little bit of everything (which it looks like we are) then you better have smart veteran players who can handle a lot of different play styles. We do.

Championship!!!

Freak Out
11-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Unless Covid takes the NFL down. People need to be smarter.

Upnorth
11-06-2020, 11:58 AM
I do think we will explode. Against weak teams in a good way. You do remember 11 days ago right?

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah, we have a smart, veteran OL too. So all of those different techniques to play all of those different play styles. That group can handle it too.

We really have the full spectrum of smart, veteran players to do so many things well.

There are pass plays and run plays where part of the OL job is to start their first two steps exactly the same whether it’s run or pass. It takes guys time to get that choreographed start down. And we have a few different groupings with different chorreography down. Plus there are pure pass sets and pure run sets. Those all take time to be good at. Our guys can do it all. So from the veteran weapons, to the veteran OL, to the veteran QB, we’re poised to have a wide open playbook for 12

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 12:07 PM
I do think we will explode. Against weak teams in a good way. You do remember 11 days ago right?

Tonyan has taken a big step in the offense
Adams and/or jones has been out most of the year
Lazard is a big part of our run/pass identity

If we get a healthy run, it could be better than anything we’ve seen yet. Because we just have not had a healthy team pretty much all year.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 12:22 PM
Davante Adams didn’t make a list of the top 12 WRs in the game this offseason.

We all knew that was ridiculous. But now he’s being talked about with Hopkins and Michael Thomas and a couple other guys as being in competition for the best in the game. I like a few things about each guy a little more than the others. But Davante definitely belongs in the conversation for best in the game.

Would be cool if Adams is the first and only HOF pass catcher in Rodgers career. Favre had exactly zero HOF players (sharpe is kind of asterisk.) Rodgers has never had one for sure.

Would love to see Adams resigned and make a push for a HOF career. Would love even more if LOVE takes over in a few years and becomes the third HOF qb in a row for the Packers and keeps Adams possible HOF career on trajectory.

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Let me count the ways

1. Aaron freaking Rodgers
2. Davante freaking Adams
3. Aaron freaking Jones

On top of that, some great role players!

Tonyan (run/pass) player
Lazard (run/pass) player
Mercedes (rare OT type blocking skills with some just enough catching skills)
Erv - ideal jet sweep skillset. Opens up a nice package
Williams - ideal 3rd down skillset. Elite pass blocker, catcher and screen player
MVS - ideal for long field situations. Big plays and decoy plays

There is enough star quality and VETERAN role player diversity to have a big playbook and a lot of options to attack a lot of different types of defenses in just about any game situation.

I put VETERAN in caps because if you’re going to specialize in doing a little bit of everything (which it looks like we are) then you better have smart veteran players who can handle a lot of different play styles. We do.

Championship!!!

I, for one, appreciate your homerism hahahaha.

Several things, though. First and foremost, as good as those others are, it all falls apart without our GOAT QB. Secondly, Ervin has been kinda mediocre IMO on jet sweeps, but last season and this season, he has been pretty good - maybe a half step behind Aaron Jones on inside zones plays, etc. I'd really like to see more of MVS on jet sweeps and reverses. The way he turned it on the after burners on the long pass play was pretty awesome.

Tonyan didn't have a very good game, but I think that was a product of good defense - both coverage on him and rushing Rodgers.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 07:57 PM
We have the best QB1, WR1, RB1 trio in football and people cry we don't gave weapons :lol:

Upnorth
11-06-2020, 11:14 PM
Not best wr1 or rb1 but both are top 5. So yeah our problem is our third wr. Dont look at the d

RashanGary
11-07-2020, 05:11 AM
Not best wr1 or rb1 but both are top 5. So yeah our problem is our third wr. Dont look at the d

I meant the trio of qb rb wr

RashanGary
11-07-2020, 05:56 AM
Rodgers Adams and Jones being the best threesome in the league... Plus a solid OL. We bitch a lot around here about things most teams would trade for in a heartbeat.

run pMc
11-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Rodgers Adams and Jones being the best threesome in the league... Plus a solid OL. We bitch a lot around here about things most teams would trade for in a heartbeat.

Mahomes, Hill, and CE-H would like a word. Kelce might complain about being left out.

Agree Rodgers, Adams and Jones are a good trio, but "best" might be a stretch. Top 3? Top 5?

RashanGary
11-07-2020, 11:01 AM
I'd rather have Adams than hill
Jones than the rookie this year
And
Rodgers

So id say we have the best 1-2-3 qb rb wr trio

RashanGary
11-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Add in TE and 2nd and 3rd wr and mahommes is the luckier guy. But we have star power where it counts and some at least stable presences that 12 knows how to work with everywhere else.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2020, 01:03 PM
Right again, RG.

Freak Out
11-07-2020, 01:16 PM
Plus the TEs are going to play a nice role in all of this. Jace is going to get better and better.

RashanGary
11-07-2020, 02:27 PM
Plus the TEs are going to play a nice role in all of this. Jace is going to get better and better.

If we have Williams and Dillon at RB next year.....

We might not see much drop.from Jones because Tonyan, Jace and Lazard look to all pick up some of that slack as they develop.

texaspackerbacker
11-07-2020, 05:47 PM
Finally, I disagree with something you've said, RG. They absolutely will NOT be anywhere near as well off if they fail to keep Aaron Jones. After we got beat up by Dalvin Cook, I was beginning to rethink the idea that Jones is so special. But from the first time he carried the ball against the Niners, I saw that burst, that raw speed through the hole, as well as the ability to run hard and break tackles way better than you'd expect for his size. Jamal is good in his own way, and Dillon has the potential - although he really hasn't done much yet - to be a bruising runner if you want or are forced to have a run-first attack, but they simply won't cut it if we want to have something really special - an RB who can break away for a long one on any carry. No matter how good we are with our WRs and TEs, we will be less good if we don't keep Jones.

run pMc
11-09-2020, 10:34 AM
I don't think there's any question the team is better with Jones. He's a playmaker. Sitting out with the calf injury probably helped refresh his legs -- I expect him to look pretty good vs. JAX too. The bigger question to me is what is Jones' worth as a RB, and whether GB can/should pay that contract with a declining cap.

They don't have many playmakers on offense, Jones and Adams are basically it at skill positions. They need more. They can get contributions from the other RB/TE/WRs but if you're expecting MVS or Tonyan to get 4 catches for 70 yards every game you'll be disappointed. (You might get that if you combine the two, on 8 targets)

As for the offense about to explode, I think they are just about maxed out as it is this year. Consider the first four games were at a historic pace for them, which means they were either a unicorn or ripe to regress towards the mean. I don't think they are the 2nd coming of the Greatest Show on Turf, they do have a good enough offense to carry the team to the playoffs though.

Next year? I have no idea, mostly because of the cap. I'd hope the TEs and Dillon make the Leap, but Rodgers will need more help.

Smidgeon
11-09-2020, 12:16 PM
I don't think there's any question the team is better with Jones. He's a playmaker. Sitting out with the calf injury probably helped refresh his legs -- I expect him to look pretty good vs. JAX too. The bigger question to me is what is Jones' worth as a RB, and whether GB can/should pay that contract with a declining cap.

They don't have many playmakers on offense, Jones and Adams are basically it at skill positions. They need more. They can get contributions from the other RB/TE/WRs but if you're expecting MVS or Tonyan to get 4 catches for 70 yards every game you'll be disappointed. (You might get that if you combine the two, on 8 targets)

As for the offense about to explode, I think they are just about maxed out as it is this year. Consider the first four games were at a historic pace for them, which means they were either a unicorn or ripe to regress towards the mean. I don't think they are the 2nd coming of the Greatest Show on Turf, they do have a good enough offense to carry the team to the playoffs though.

Next year? I have no idea, mostly because of the cap. I'd hope the TEs and Dillon make the Leap, but Rodgers will need more help.

I think for what's on the roster, the three young TEs all have a chance to be good. Two "complete" in Sterny and Roberto Grande, and one "do it all" in Daguera. So far, Dillon doesn't appear to be trash, so he has potential, and maybe Malik turns into something over time. But I think the TEs have the most "next year" potential for sure.

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 11:55 AM
It's playing out. We’ve played 4 of the top 5 defenses in dvoa and are averaging the second most points per game in the league despite the competitive disadvantage and bad injury luck.

Outside of Mahommes/Hill/Kelce and maybe Brees, Thomas Kamara (who have perfect matching skillsets of dominating in the shallow areas of the field), we are in that group of three most dominant top three skill players with Rodgers, Jones and Adams (who are also a great chemistry fit like the Saints)

You add in MVS role on a long field and Mercedes role on a short field and the overall skillsets of Lazard and Tonyan, and in a salary cap world where you can't just have 5 20 million dollar all around skill guys on offense, and we're definitely top of the league or in.the conversation.

Thanks gute! For not doing what fans wanted!

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 11:57 AM
Maybe Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf are in the conversation with Chiefs Packers Saints too

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2020, 12:01 PM
Maybe Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf are in the conversation with Chiefs Packers Saints too

+Carson is a damn good RB.

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 12:47 PM
+Carson is a damn good RB.

Fosho.... Better skill guys probably there, better OL here. Saints, Packers Chiefs all have good OL. It's nice to be in that group of top offenses in the league and have been injured all year on the OL and top skill guys. We haven't seen what it can be yet. Plus played top defenses.

It's a good year for the offense and it might look legendary in the coming weeks

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 12:49 PM
Plus we get to see the Bears again with Hicks and the Titans. Will be real interesting to see if the Packers offense can finish with some all time great play against top competition. Will make the playoffs feel hopeful if things go the way the seem to be going

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2020, 02:13 PM
Fosho.... Better skill guys probably there, better OL here. Saints, Packers Chiefs all have good OL. It's nice to be in that group of top offenses in the league and have been injured all year on the OL and top skill guys. We haven't seen what it can be yet. Plus played top defenses.

It's a good year for the offense and it might look legendary in the coming weeks

Chiefs OL isn't as good as last year. They lost their stud OG who opted out of the season. Schwartz has missed games, and they've shuffled their interior OL. I'm not sure how the stats bear out, but Mahomes has been pressured quite a bit in several of their games this year.

Joemailman
11-30-2020, 02:43 PM
Chiefs OL isn't as good as last year. They lost their stud OG who opted out of the season. Schwartz has missed games, and they've shuffled their interior OL. I'm not sure how the stats bear out, but Mahomes has been pressured quite a bit in several of their games this year.

That could make them very vulnerable if they meet Steelers in playoffs. Steelers have 3 guys with 7 or more sacks.

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 03:18 PM
Hmmm... Who would I rather play, chiefs or steelers?

Steelers kind of in that tough to beat for the Packers mold with an OL, running game and quick trigger QB. Plus defense. But then there is a healthy Mahommes in his prime and moving really well......

Neither.

But, there's always a fighters chance! I'll take either and hope for the best!

HarveyWallbangers
11-30-2020, 03:54 PM
Hopefully, Buffalo knocks off one and Tennessee knocks off the other. :)

smuggler
11-30-2020, 06:14 PM
Buffalo and Tenn are just as capable of beating us in manners similar to the Colts and Vikings, respectively. No team is impervious, but I have to think the Chiefs are the most likely to win the big shebang.

GB-Brandon
11-30-2020, 06:25 PM
It's playing out. We’ve played 4 of the top 5 defenses in dvoa and are averaging the second most points per game in the league despite the competitive disadvantage and bad injury luck.

Outside of Mahommes/Hill/Kelce and maybe Brees, Thomas Kamara (who have perfect matching skillsets of dominating in the shallow areas of the field), we are in that group of three most dominant top three skill players with Rodgers, Jones and Adams (who are also a great chemistry fit like the Saints)

You add in MVS role on a long field and Mercedes role on a short field and the overall skillsets of Lazard and Tonyan, and in a salary cap world where you can't just have 5 20 million dollar all around skill guys on offense, and we're definitely top of the league or in.the conversation.

Thanks gute! For not doing what fans wanted!

Thanks for not adding premier talent to match Rodgers skill set like the Chiefs and Bucc’s and every other contender has done?

Yeah, thanks for putting us at such a disadvantage!!! Way to sideline a potential Fucken Dynasty!!!!

Whoppppieeee Deeeew Dahhhhhh!!!!!