PDA

View Full Version : Other Games Week 9

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2020, 01:20 PM
Two important games for the Packers are looking good early on:

Buffalo's offense is dominating Seattle and shutting down the Seahawk offense just enough.

The Bears are proving that they still suck against the Titans. One point of that game, though, to me, is that Derrick Henry is not dominating the game. I, of course, favor faster smaller RBs like Aaron Jones or Dalvin Cook to even the best of the big horses like Henry. The Bears are stifling Henry, but Tannehill is so far is beating them with the pass. Jimmy Graham is looking better for the Bears than he ever did for the Packers ..... go figure that.

The Vikings are beating up on Detroit so far. I guess this is the new Vikings hahahaha - instead of getting off to a fast start on the season, then turning to shit, this year they started out like shit and maybe now are crawling out of the hole they dug for themselves.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2020, 01:55 PM
Want to watch Seaguls-Bills, but don’t have access to the NFL Sunday Ticket anymore, cos, sadly, I don’t have my own apartment anymore. Landlord wouldn’t do anything about secondhand smokes,

Tried watching the over the air broadcasts of Bears-Titans and Kittens-Queens. Dull games.

Off from the burger joint tonight, but I’m just gonna go to bed early.

texaspackerbacker
11-08-2020, 06:32 PM
oops

Joemailman
11-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Vikings getting it together. Cook with another 250 total yards. Should probably be glad Packers are done playing them this year.

Joemailman
11-08-2020, 06:38 PM
I was not aware until just now, the new Cowboy QB, Garrett Gilbert, is the son of Packer great, Gale Gilbert.

Gale Gilbert didn't play for the Packers. You thinking of Gale Gillingham?

Freak Out
11-08-2020, 06:56 PM
M3 is an idiot. He's calling plays like he has Arod at QB.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-08-2020, 07:21 PM

I didn’t watch the game, but pretty sure Kellen Moore, Jim Leonhard’s twin, is still calling plays for the Cowgirls. Mr. Jones insisted at McCarthy’s hiring party that Moore call the plays.

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2020, 08:14 PM
I was a huge M3 fan but boy, it’s kind of looking like he’s not the right guy or maybe he’s washed up. Certainly nothing to suggest he is the guy in Dallas so far. Lots of talent on that roster IMO.

Rutnstrut
11-08-2020, 08:18 PM
Say what you want about him. But Taysom Hill is awesome and was another Packer screw up. He's a better receiver than anyone the Packers now have other than Adams.

smuggler
11-08-2020, 08:28 PM
Good weekend for the Rodgers/Mahomes 2020 ticket.

Joemailman
11-08-2020, 08:35 PM
I was a huge M3 fan but boy, it’s kind of looking like he’s not the right guy or maybe he’s washed up. Certainly nothing to suggest he is the guy in Dallas so far. Lots of talent on that roster IMO.

It might be a bad fit. He might be washed up. But Packers weren't very good until late in his first year in Green Bay. So we'll see.

smuggler
11-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Dallas is dealing with a lot of injuries. And they hung in there against Pitt, a very very good team. Hard to be too displeased with him on this one.

Joemailman
11-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Bucs are hard to figure. Looked like world beaters against the Packers. Yet they've lost to the Bears, barely beat the Giants, and are getting smoked so far by the Saints.

call_me_ishmael
11-08-2020, 10:04 PM
It might be a bad fit. He might be washed up. But Packers weren't very good until late in his first year in Green Bay. So we'll see.

IIRC they closed out winning four straight, right? Or was that his second year? I seem to recall it being NYE vs the Bears. I was at Lucilles Piano Bar in Milwaukee. Back when it was affordable to go out on NYE lol!

Joemailman
11-08-2020, 10:33 PM
IIRC they closed out winning four straight, right? Or was that his second year? I seem to recall it being NYE vs the Bears. I was at Lucilles Piano Bar in Milwaukee. Back when it was affordable to go out on NYE lol!

They were 4-8 and then won the last 4. Then went 13-3 in 2007.

texaspackerbacker
11-09-2020, 05:03 AM
Dallas is dealing with a lot of injuries. And they hung in there against Pitt, a very very good team. Hard to be too displeased with him on this one.

True. I didn't much blame McCarthy for the bad losses, and I don't give him much credit for the near win against a good team. If not coaching like he still has Aaron Rodgers, certainly he is coaching in general like that.

This guy Gilbert did a good job for them. They would have beaten the Eagles with him instead of the previous replacement, and they likely will have a winning record for the rest of the season with Gilbert and the relatively easy schedule ahead. Them against the Vikings ought to be an interesting game next week.

run pMc
11-09-2020, 10:15 AM
I think losing Dak and Dalton would be a tough blow for any team. Their defense has been leaky as well. They have a TOn of talent on offense though.
This year is not their year, but next year could be, depending on who sticks to the roster and if M3 learns (unlikely) to use them properly.

run pMc
11-09-2020, 10:26 AM
Best I can figure with SEA is their defense stinks, and BUF's offense is better than I thought. The Bills have a pretty legit defense and did a nice job keeping Russell Wilson from running around like a chicken in a field.

As for TB, I think they had one or two injury replacements on their OL, and NO seems to have their number. They did a lot of self-defeating things too. Brady was just a little off just a bit in that way you sometimes see Rodgers is. The NO DL was in his face a lot and the Tampa secondary was schooled by Payton.

Same thing with TEN-CHI, the Bears OL is terrible and TEN has a decent defense. Don't recall seeing Spriggs at RT ;). Foles looked rattled for stretches of the game and they couldn't run the ball. I like David Montgomery as a Jamaal Williams type back but he's no Matt Forte. TEN was clearly the better team and were up 24-3 before CHI scored a pair of late 4Q TDs to make it look closer than it was. Jimmy Graham was a mixed bag -- made a few good catches and is good in the RZ but he doesn't block well (gave up a sack) and his speed is gone. AJ Brown had another good game -- he's their #1 WR IMO even though I think Corey Davis has more catches. Henry was just ok, but I think CHI game planned for him pretty well, and the Bears defense is the best in the NFCN.

Joemailman
11-09-2020, 09:32 PM
Think Belichick misses Brady yet?

smuggler
11-12-2020, 12:24 AM
If Hoody gets his hands on Dak, he'll never think about Tommy boy again.

bobblehead
11-13-2020, 09:12 AM

But Pb told me that M3 was smart to design his offense around Arod. Not looking so smart now. You know who is smart. The guy who designed a really awesome offense and asked ARod to play within it. That guy is looking fucking brilliant.

bobblehead
11-13-2020, 09:24 AM

As a gambler I'll clue you into a "smart" play. Out of conference home team. Dallas was getting 9.5 in that game. Pitt was on the road and out of conference. Yea, they hung in there. Last week presented 3 such plays. The other 2 were: Seattle @ Buffalo. Seattle -3. Bears @ Titans. Titans -5. You see how all 3 of those games played out. Road teams out of conference rarely play well.

This week Jacksonville @ GB. GB -13.5 and Bills @ Cardinals. AZ -1.5. Expect both home teams to win and cover.

Of course nothing is 100%, but its the mark of a truly great team to go on the road, out of conference and win. Pitt still won. Less impressive against a team beat up like the cowboys, but still not an easy task. Last year when everyone insisted we sucked I said we were legit as our record indicated. We beat the chiefs on the road (backup QB, but still). We lost to Chargers on the road and everyone acted like the world ended. Chiefs may have been down Maholmes, but that was still a nice win. Beating Chargers the very next week would have been monumental.

MadScientist
11-13-2020, 09:29 AM

But Pb told me that M3 was smart to design his offense around Arod. Not looking so smart now. You know who is smart. The guy who designed a really awesome offense and asked ARod to play within it. That guy is looking fucking brilliant.

America's finest news source with a look at the Cowboys' situation:
https://sports.theonion.com/mike-mccarthy-dismisses-talk-of-locker-room-turmoil-aft-1845530591

bobblehead
11-13-2020, 09:32 AM
America's finest news source with a look at the Cowboys' situation:
https://sports.theonion.com/mike-mccarthy-dismisses-talk-of-locker-room-turmoil-aft-1845530591

Love the onion. I don't give it enough of my time.