PDA

View Full Version : A route for the Packers to win the SB in February

RashanGary
11-14-2020, 09:47 AM
Saying we're the favorite or a favorite would be a lie. But saying we’re out of it is probably a bigger stretch. Here's one possible path to victory.

Offense:

In a word, health!

The OL is veteran and experienced. They can handle one injury at a time, two as long as it's not Bakh, Lindsley or Jenkins. But we need to be mostly healthy against top DL if we want a chance to win.

Adams, (Jones/Williams), Lazard and Tonyan are a nice top 4 for AR to work with. We need to have those four healthy for the post season and really Tonyan and Lazard should be healthy for the few games leading in so they can develop chemistry with the QB leading into the win or go home games. The 5th guy and role player is a mix of Mercedes, Jace, MVS and Swerv. Each guy is very different and useful in different situations and against different personnel. But healthy, 12 can move the ball with this set of weapons!

Defense:

In a word.... HEALTH!

a bunch of young guys have gotten snaps in the back end. But...... Pettine has been hamstrung with the youth. Alexander is our only playmaker back there. He needs to be healthy. In man defense situations King is also a playmaker. Other than that the only real strength is that, when healthy, they're a veteran group that can mask coverages and play a bunch of styles of defense to keep QB's off balance.. If they can get healthy and build some chemistry down the stretch, they will be much better at confusing offenses and leaning on their veteran chemistry strength.

Up front..... Health, again. Keke has come on. He’s a solid starter. Clark, Keke, Z and P are a solid first 4 guys up there. I wouldn’t call them a true strength the way the Bears, Titans, Colts, Steelers and Ravens are a strength. Let’s cross our fingers for health there! The backups of Lowry, Adams, Lancaster and Gary are all decent in a few areas and can rotate in and keep the top 4 fresh all game. Again, we’re not good enough to have many injuries but when healthy this group has a chance to play their best ball in the coming weeks and be good enough for a championship.

So....... while we are not a true front runner, we are in position to get healthy at the right time. A legit shot at the SB after 8 weeks! What more could you ask for!?

GB-Brandon
11-14-2020, 05:16 PM
In two words “Get Lucky.” Thats our blueprint!!

What more could we ask for? seriously? How about a front office that made more of an effort then just some Limp approach relying on Rodgers to consistently cover up deficiencies and a Soft defense year after year!!!

What a pathetic approach!!!

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2020, 09:00 AM
The Packers offense should be able to outscore anybody in the NFC and get to the SB. Winning it against the Ravens would take some luck or a really good day, though. In an SFB, I think the Packers come out ahead. (That SF is State Farm)

hoosier
11-16-2020, 01:02 PM
This team will lose at least two more games, potentially three or four. Toughest remaining games are @ Indy, @ Chi, Tenn. But the way this team has played so far, the Philly and Carolina games are also losable. Or maybe, considering how the first half of the season played out, we should consider the home games the toughest. Whatever, Indy has a great defense--better than Chicago's--that will provide a real challenge for MLF and 12.

Fritz
11-16-2020, 01:06 PM
In two words “Get Lucky.” Thats our blueprint!!

What more could we ask for? seriously? How about a front office that made more of an effort then just some Limp approach relying on Rodgers to consistently cover up deficiencies and a Soft defense year after year!!!

What a pathetic approach!!!

If only we could have a team that approached things like Detroit, or Cinci, or Houston, or San Diego, or New Orleans - look at all the Super Bowls they've won with Brees! Or why not approach things like Dan Snyder does in Washington? or the way Atlanta does it? Or da Bears? Or why not be more like the Vikes? Or Pittsburgh. Look at how many Super Bowls they've been in the past ten years.

GB-Brandon
11-16-2020, 06:31 PM
If only we could have a team that approached things like Detroit, or Cinci, or Houston, or San Diego, or New Orleans - look at all the Super Bowls they've won with Brees! Or why not approach things like Dan Snyder does in Washington? or the way Atlanta does it? Or da Bears? Or why not be more like the Vikes? Or Pittsburgh. Look at how many Super Bowls they've been in the past ten years.

Having Aaron Rodgers makes that a difficult comparison. The Packers have shown and proven they are scared to take any real immediate risk to get them over the hump. It obviously causes them too much anxiety and to lose sleep at night for some reason!!!!! They don’t belong running an NFL team!!! Too be successful the way they are going about it they need to kill it in the draft and they are far from doing that!!

They find it much easier to jump off the reservation in the draft and chase and reach for talented projects which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Trade a precious draft pick for a proven commodity to sacrifice being able to draft one of their talented projects that hardly ever works out? Why not? That logic doesn’t make much sense to me so you can compare us to other teams all you want. I’m looking at this from the introspective of where the franchise has gone wrong!! It’s pretty easy to see. Like 2 + 2 easy!!!

They are a bunch of chicken shit yellow belly’s!!!

Upnorth
11-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Fritz you left the Seattle and dallas approaches off your list. Wilson and Prescott have it so good with there teams....

Freak Out
11-19-2020, 08:17 AM
Did the Packers put in a waiver claim for Takk? He ended up with the 49ers.

SudsMcBucky
11-19-2020, 08:23 AM
Did the Packers put in a waiver claim for Takk? He ended up with the 49ers.

I hope not.

RashanGary
11-19-2020, 04:25 PM
Well, lets hope the 9ers get better and beat up the rest of the west for us

RashanGary
11-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Packers are 9th overall in yards per game on defense and 6th in offensive yards per game.

They've been beat up on defense, much of the year without Clark and playing rookies at ILB. They have not played their best ball on defense so far. Could easily push for top 5.

On offense they've been missing at least one and usually two of their top 3 weapons damn near all season. They have not played their best ball.

Overall the Packers, if healthy, should be pushing for top 5 in overall defense and offense. Clearly a contender, even when beat up with a chance at being the NFC favorite with a little bit of health luck down the stretch.

Upnorth
11-19-2020, 10:00 PM
Very rare for any contender to not have health luck

RashanGary
11-19-2020, 10:19 PM
Packers schedule looks easy the rest of the way. Bears imploding. A win on Sunday and the Packers are in the drivers seat for the 1 seed.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 08:07 PM
You can calculate all that “Lucky Shit” all you want!!

Packers have to avoid Bucc’s, Rams and Cardinals in playoffs and they have a chance!! Saints and Seahawks would be a push!!!

Calculate that!!!

Ultimate Chance = About 15 percent!! That’s why I stated and I was right from the get go that they really aren’t serious contenders!!

It’s pretty obvious who the real clowns are!! Getting all excited about dominating shitty teams and shit and living in some “Mirage.”

Upnorth
11-24-2020, 06:39 AM
Packers are 9th overall in yards per game on defense and 6th in offensive yards per game.

They've been beat up on defense, much of the year without Clark and playing rookies at ILB. They have not played their best ball on defense so far. Could easily push for top 5.

On offense they've been missing at least one and usually two of their top 3 weapons damn near all season. They have not played their best ball.

Overall the Packers, if healthy, should be pushing for top 5 in overall defense and offense. Clearly a contender, even when beat up with a chance at being the NFC favorite with a little bit of health luck down the stretch.

Even when fully healthy our d is not going to be top5. But we are still a contender for certain. No dominant nfc team this year, and in the entire league only the Steelers and kc look like they should win. Weird that with so many 7-3 teams in the nfc and none look complete. Can't say any of them have more than a 25% chance of making the nfccg.

RashanGary
11-24-2020, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I’m still gonna hold out hope. I think our offense could go on an absolute tear. Adams, Lazard and Tonyan are all guys who can run routes and block. Oddly enough, skinny MVS is an absolutely SHOCKINGLY functional blocker. He always seems to get in the way. Jones is a 20 yard run machine and he has a whole skill group of guys who block to open up those big ones. All of those guys can catch the ball too. Obviously MVS is a bit of a two trick pony (blocking and deep stuff) but that’s still a really nice to have to open up the underneath stuff for Tonyan, Lazard and Adams.

I fully expect a wide open, by far best in the conference offense with a defense that I’m losing hope to be top 5 real fast, but at least middle of the road.

RashanGary
11-24-2020, 08:32 AM
I’m just baffled that with a rotation, those veteran guys up front can’t stop the run. Lowry is in his prime. Montravious is in his prime. Clark is in his prime. Keke developed pretty fast for a DL. Lancaster is in his prime and flashes. Z, P and Gary are really big edges. I see Z run himself out of plays all of the time. P does it once in a while. I just don’t understand how we’re consistently getting beat when the front seems to be doing a decent job. Savage and Amos have tackled well. So have the corners. The ILBs haven’t even been that bad. I just don’t understand how we’re getting run on so bad. Is it scheme?

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 11:19 AM
I’m just baffled that with a rotation, those veteran guys up front can’t stop the run. Lowry is in his prime. Montravious is in his prime. Clark is in his prime. Keke developed pretty fast for a DL. Lancaster is in his prime and flashes. Z, P and Gary are really big edges. I see Z run himself out of plays all of the time. P does it once in a while. I just don’t understand how we’re consistently getting beat when the front seems to be doing a decent job. Savage and Amos have tackled well. So have the corners. The ILBs haven’t even been that bad. I just don’t understand how we’re getting run on so bad. Is it scheme?

Part scheme and part personnel. The Packers scheme isn’t designed to be a shut down run defense by any means to begin with. The Packer defense is all about getting to 3rd down and winning with pass rush and coverage and creating turnovers. Giving up yards shouldn’t be an alarming concern so I don’t get upset with that part of the equation.

The pass rush hasn’t been as good this year and the coverage hasn’t been either.

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 11:24 AM

Your baffled with a bunch of guys “In their Prime” that aren’t very good to begin with is the problem!

Anti-Polar Bear
11-24-2020, 11:25 AM

Clark and, to a lesser extent, Lowry are underachieving. Simple as that.

Clark has been back 4 scores and 7 touchdowns ago. Quit making excuses for Clark. Since he got paid, Clark has morphed into Cletidus Hunt.

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 11:27 AM
We can replay this all the way back to the Rashan Gary pick from a personnel stand point if you want. The pick should of been Jeffery Simmons(who I and many people wanted). That was our chance to get “Elite DL Play.” People can say I’m Nit Picking it but these mistakes add up.

Gute is not the chosen one!!

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 01:10 PM
All “The Mistakes” have already been made for this team to be contenders and win it all. Now it’s like buying a lottery ticket.

Get Lucky and even then they have shown they can’t get it done against playoff teams which is very concerning! The league is probably sitting around shaking their head wondering what more they needed to do to get the Packers across the finish line against the Colts.

This Packers team is a Giant Fraud!