11-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Damn that's a lot of cash

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 04:24 PM
Wow!

run pMc
11-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Damn that's a lot of cash

Yeah it is. Thanks Bill O'Brien. I'll leave it to others to show what this means for the cap. AJ is probably gone and Linsley for sure.
I'm also thinking Lowry, Preston and or or two others might get shown the door. Draft will be super important for them.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2020, 04:35 PM
Yeah it is. Thanks Bill O'Brien. I'll leave it to others to show what this means for the cap. AJ is probably gone and Linsley for sure.
I'm also thinking Lowry, Preston and or or two others might get shown the door. Draft will be super important for them.

I'm not sure it's that dire. We won't need to get rid of ALL of those guys.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 04:40 PM
In total its 5 year 103.5 or 20.6M/year. I think it's 20per without the .5 annual incentive.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Jones probably gone but Williams kept.

Bretsky
11-15-2020, 04:41 PM
those numbers are insane

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 04:43 PM
I have a feeling they're gonna take a shot right now though and trade 12 in his last year. Another possibility is to extend AR and push money ahead.

I'd rather take the shot with him now and trade him tho. Gives 12 a great chance at a title and the picks we get give us a chance at a rebuild.

gbgary
11-15-2020, 04:54 PM
surprised me to be honest. expected him gone. too much too but it's done. hope the big hits start in 2022.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Would be crazy if we kept Jones too. But honestly, Williams is a good player and should come cheap.

Williams/Dillon

And

Improvement from Lazard, Tonyan, Jace and Deguara would cover for the Jones loss.

gbgary
11-15-2020, 05:07 PM
I have a feeling they're gonna take a shot right now though and trade 12 in his last year. Another possibility is to extend AR and push money ahead.

I'd rather take the shot with him now and trade him tho. Gives 12 a great chance at a title and the picks we get give us a chance at a rebuild.

his last year is 2023. he'll be gone way before that.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 05:09 PM
Packers OL not overpaid going forward. Jenkins/Patrick/Runyan are cheap. Bakh at 20 and Turner at 8 are about right. The OL love billy turner. He's a worker, a grinder and a great guy. So Turner and Bakh carry on the OL tradition passed down from Franky Bag a doughnuts to Rivera and Wahle to Clifton and Taush, to Sitton and Lang and now Turner and Bakh..... Packers have a great 30 year OL Culture.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 05:14 PM
Sharpe
Freeman/Driver
Driver/Walker
Driver/Jennings
Jennings/Jones/Nelson
Nelson/Jones/Cobb
Nelson/Adams/Cobb
Adams
Adams/Lazard

Pretty good WR Culture too

Bossman641
11-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Williams is a good player and great teammate but I'd rather roll the dice on finding a more explosive guy over making him the #1.

Bretsky
11-15-2020, 10:36 PM
Williams is a good player and great teammate but I'd rather roll the dice on finding a more explosive guy over making him the #1.

Williams is OK; but he's not a starter

over the past few weeks, and I may be insane, but I came to the conclusion that AJO was a playmaker and while I love Bach he was expendable.

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2020, 10:36 PM
I don't hate the signing IF and only if it doesn't mean making any sacrifices. The Packers ought to be able to manipulate the cap to keep Jones and probably Williams and Linsley too. Kevin King I don't much care about.

Keeping Rodgers is a must if the Packers are not gonna degenerate to mediocrity or worse.

RashanGary
11-15-2020, 10:53 PM
his last year is 2023. he'll be gone way before that.

2020 2021 and 2022

Trade him after that.... Or extend now on restructure

Guiness
11-15-2020, 11:46 PM
I'm a little surprised he ended up highest paid. Nothing to do with him, I thought the threat of downward pressure on the cap would've kept the numbers flat this year and contracts signed before that became a reality would be the highest for a little while. Numbers go up when the pie gets bigger, so what does this mean?

Have the owners have decided not to let the cap drop?

Joemailman
11-16-2020, 12:04 AM
I'm a little surprised he ended up highest paid. Nothing to do with him, I thought the threat of downward pressure on the cap would've kept the numbers flat this year and contracts signed before that became a reality would be the highest for a little while. Numbers go up when the pie gets bigger, so what does this mean?

Have the owners have decided not to let the cap drop?

No. Owners and NFLPA have agreed cap will not be low 175M. Could be slightly higher. Gonna be a crazy offseason. Looks like elite players will get their money (Clark, Bakhtiari) but other players will take a real hit.

Guiness
11-16-2020, 11:11 AM
No. Owners and NFLPA have agreed cap will not be low 175M. Could be slightly higher. Gonna be a crazy offseason. Looks like elite players will get their money (Clark, Bakhtiari) but other players will take a real hit.

Yes, but 175M is still a 25M drop. Just surprised salaries would be climbing in that environment.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2020, 12:37 PM
Is it guaranteed that it will drop that much or will they spread out the loss of revenue over the next several years (i.e. is it possible the cap won't be that low next year)?

Joemailman
11-16-2020, 01:05 PM
Is it guaranteed that it will drop that much or will they spread out the loss of revenue over the next several years (i.e. is it possible the cap won't be that low next year)?
It will go no lower than 175M for 2021. Could possibly be slightly higher. They did agree to spread the loss of revenue from this year over three years. Otherwise the salary cap for 2021 would have been far lower than 175M. Salary cap for 2022 should be higher than 175M if fans are attending games.

Fritz
11-16-2020, 01:06 PM
Bak resigned? From what? The team? The Board of American Realtors?

Joemailman
11-16-2020, 01:11 PM

Beer Chuggers United.

GB-Brandon
11-16-2020, 06:18 PM
They had to choose someone to pay and they chose Bak.

Very difficult to ever see Gute’s long term vision in anything.

run pMc
11-17-2020, 08:33 AM
They had to choose someone to pay and they chose Bak.

Very difficult to ever see Gute’s long term vision in anything.

Nothing difficult about signing your LT. Protects your QB and solidifies the left side of the line with Jenkins for a few years. It's a lot of money but LT is an important position and Bahk is among the best at it; he was gonna get paid by GB or someone else.
You can criticize Gute for a number of things, but this probably isn't one of them.

Upnorth
11-17-2020, 09:57 AM
Wish we could have him cheaper, but if we want to make rodgers continue to be great this is an important step. All qbs look better with protection and bak is consistently one of the best at pass pro.
By backloading it helps next year a lot but we will lose a couple players. Just like 75% of the league.

bobblehead
11-17-2020, 10:59 AM
Sharpe
Freeman/Driver
Driver/Walker
Driver/Jennings
Jennings/Jones/Nelson
Nelson/Jones/Cobb
Nelson/Adams/Cobb
Adams
Adams/Lazard

Pretty good WR Culture too

I think Cory Davis of Tenn will be available and no one has cash. He would be a great #2 in this offense. Former #5 overall who died with Marriota and was then hurt, then Covid. He is a good run blocker, knows LaFleur offense and mega talented. Probably land him for under $5 mill.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 06:08 PM
I think Cory Davis of Tenn will be available and no one has cash. He would be a great #2 in this offense. Former #5 overall who died with Marriota and was then hurt, then Covid. He is a good run blocker, knows LaFleur offense and mega talented. Probably land him for under $5 mill.

2021 is being hyped as being as deep as 2020 with WRs. If Lazard and Adams ball out, a rookie 1st or 2nd rounder might be just what the dr ordered. No rush to force him on the field and some long term stability for the position.

Bretsky
11-17-2020, 06:37 PM

I can't see how Davis signs for under 5 Million but maybe I'm wrong

I think that guy has a TON of talent

Zool
11-18-2020, 07:46 PM

To his fate.