PDA

View Full Version : TT has lost my respect unless

b bulldog
09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Unless he sits KRob and makes sure he gets his sh!t together, checks into a AAA clinic and gets his life in order. I think this could be a good signing for the future if he WANTS HELP but if not, the organization is sitting with a time bomb. This would be a positive PR move and would be good for both sides. No chance does the KRob signing alone push us even close to 8-8.

packinpatland
09-12-2006, 05:17 PM
We should apply the '3 strikes you're out' law.

Rastak
09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Unless he sits KRob and makes sure he gets his sh!t together, checks into a AAA clinic and gets his life in order. I think this could be a good signing for the future if he WANTS HELP but if not, the organization is sitting with a time bomb. This would be a positive PR move and would be good for both sides. No chance does the KRob signing alone push us even close to 8-8.

Dude, if that's what you are looking for you will be disappointed. He had 12 million reasons and he flushed it. Now he's got 11.5 million less reasons to get it together. Who knows, maybe this last one is going to finally drill it through his skull. Maybe I'm wrong. It could very well be....perhaps his agent could have explained what might have happened and he wakes up....not to mention his new wife has GOT to be pissed.

gbpackfan
09-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm sure TT is losing sleep over not having your respect.

retailguy
09-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Bulldog,

That's an AA clinic.

AAA is a car towing club.... maybe that's not a bad idea either.... :wink:

b bulldog
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the clarification but in regards to TT not losing sleep over my opinion, that's fine but I'm not the only one who shares this belief.

Patler
09-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Just curious, do you feel the same for all employers and there alcoholic employees, or is this different because it is a football team and a football player?

Rastak
09-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Just curious, do you feel the same for all employers and there alcoholic employees, or is this different because it is a football team and a football player?

Are you related to koren Robinson by chance Patler?

b bulldog
09-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I feel differently because he is a role model and he just had another run-in less than a month ago. I do understand where your coming from in regards to your player/regular joe question but in my mind it is not the same although I could totally see where one might say I'm showing a bit of hypocracy.

Tony Oday
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I think KRo's wife is going to take care of it because I doubt she wants to get a job!

Patler
09-12-2006, 06:13 PM

No, not at all. As I have written in several of the threads the whole alcoholism disease/choice issue troubles me. The way it is handled/not handle by employers troubles me. Inconsistent handling in the courts troubles me. Worse yet, I'm not sure what my own opinion is in some of these areas. By debating the issue with you and others who agree or disagree with me I can bring better focus to my own opinions.

I haven't decided yet if signing him was right or wrong, good or bad, moral or immoral. This is uncomfortable because I am usually just a wee bit more opinionated than that! :wink:

Patler
09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I feel differently because he is a role model and he just had another run-in less than a month ago. I do understand where your coming from in regards to your player/regular joe question but in my mind it is not the same although I could totally see where one might say I'm showing a bit of hypocracy.

I can accept the role model argument. Many athletes try to avoid that responsibility, but I think it comes with the job, like it or not.

Rastak
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM

No, not at all. As I have written in several of the threads the whole alcoholism disease/choice issue troubles me. The way it is handled/not handle by employers troubles me. Inconsistent handling in the courts troubles me. Worse yet, I'm not sure what my own opinion is in some of these areas. By debating the issue with you and others who agree or disagree with me I can bring better focus to my own opinions.

I haven't decided yet if signing him was right or wrong, good or bad, moral or immoral. This is uncomfortable because I am usually just a wee bit more opinionated than that! :wink:

I'm with you 100% on the courts comment....it's almost like a crap shoot....
I've enjoyed the debate and I honestly have mixed feelings. There are a number of conflicting things as a Viking fan and I concede that. I 100% honestly believe he should get his shit together and get his legal stuff taken care of before rejoining the NFL. It's his life though, I'm just tossing out my opinion.

Kiwon
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Bulldog, I share many of your concerns. Pro athletes are role models and frankly have a different level of accountability than the average person. But somewhere we have to make the distinction between on-the-field performance and off-the-field behavior.

KR has screwed up royally and paid a high price for it. The legal side of things is still yet to come. Yet, he has the chance to redeemed himself a little bit personally and professionally and I don't fault TT for giving him that chance.

The one caveat that I have though is that if I were the Packers I would state in KR's contract that he has to drive a 4-cylinder car so that he could never out run the police ever again. :wink:

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Kiwon, considering the situation he's in, I doubt very much he has driving privileges. It should be stated in his contract that he has a driver. ALWAYS. Even at his new reduced salary, I'm sure he can afford it.

Harlan Huckleby
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Unless he sits KRob and makes sure he gets his sh!t together, checks into a AAA clinic and gets his life in order.

Mr. Robinson is already in counseling, according to his interview. But how do you know if somebody has his life in order? TT interviewed Robby, determined he is doing OK. That's about all you can do.

MadtownPacker
09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm with you 100% on the courts comment....it's almost like a crap shoot....
I've enjoyed the debate and I honestly have mixed feelings. There are a number of conflicting things as a Viking fan and I concede that. I 100% honestly believe he should get his shit together and get his legal stuff taken care of before rejoining the NFL. It's his life though, I'm just tossing out my opinion.

Rastak - I know the vikings are now the good guys of the North but you really need to step off your high horse. I mean that horsey must be a clysdale(sp?) as high up as you are. We have allposted with you for years on jso and you have always defending moss, ticket scalper and boat rides. Why so down on a DUIer? Yes he messed up. Did he kill anyone? What about the guy in St Louis that KILLED a lady, then stil got another DUI? He still plays. I dont think he even served any time.

Well? Can you hear me UP there?

K-town
09-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Leonard Little of the Rams. Killed a wife who was also a mother of two children. There was a write-up on it in either ESPN the Mag or SI.
As you'd expect, it tried to make LL look like, if not a victim, a sympathetic character. Went to great lengths about how the loss of his brother wounded him grieviously, etc.
THAT STILL DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.
Now, I'll get off my horsey because I've done some morally questionable things in my time, too.
Lest some one else say, hello pot, meet kettle.

Terry
09-12-2006, 09:37 PM

Well, that's probably the best place to be, imo. Not knowing is a lot closer to the truth than knowing.

I nearly killed someone once. A long, long time ago. Feeling my oats in someone else's Carmen Ghia and a few drinks on top. Cut across the opposing lane taking a curve, only to find two people right in front of me. Thank God their reactions were slow - had they jumped back, I would have hit them. But they froze and I swung in behind them on the far side (the wrong side) of the road. It truly, truly freaked me. Forever after, if I had so much as a drink in me (there was no issue around DUI in those days) or fatigue or distraction or anything, I drove ten miles slower than I usually would. But a lot of it is luck. I could have hit someone else many years later - came very, very close, because of visibility. I've had lapses in concentration here or there, but fortunately (very fortunately) I was lucky that the other car(s) on the road were concentrated. I'm convinced a lot of accidents must happen because of the confluence of more than one driver dropping concentration at the same time.

It's a spooky subject for me. Like you, it's difficult to decide what is the right thing to do. I think it's impossible, actually, for us, because we don't have the necessary knowledge.