PDA

View Full Version : Colts week discussion. Horrible matchup

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 12:32 AM
They have an elite or maybe THE elite OL. They're going to be able to push us around and run, pretty much, at will. Filthy Phil can deal the rock. Let's hope everyone is healthy because I don't see our defense slowing them down unless health gives is a new edge we haven't seen to date.

On defense they're tough up the middle. They have a nice fatty coming into his own at NT and an elite 3t in buckner. Our inside zone might struggle with this team. With the running game sputtering, might see a bunch of 2nd and 9 or 3rd and 7 looks. Not a good recipe for winning football.

But, the outside zone does seem to be...... I wouldn't quite say taking off, but it looks like it might be, becoming servicable.

I don't like this matchup at all. Their biggest strength on offense faces off against our weakness. The biggest strength of their defense matches up to stop our sort of one dimensional running attack. Should be a loss. But this is the NFL. If vegas wants us to win, we win.

GB-Brandon
11-17-2020, 12:48 AM
Of Course you don’t like this matchup. It’s the typical situation where our little “Front Runner Operation” gets exposed once again and everyone comes back down to reality “Once Again”. They have massive power upfront on defense and can neutralize our run game. They will make someone other then Adams beat them. It’s the typical game where MVS disappears!!! People will say Rodgers is pouting and is off. We won’t be able to stop the run as we haven’t been able to for 10 years!!!!! Same old Shit.

It’s just who we are. “Fraudulent Front Runners” because we have a stubborn jackass GM.

Wish we had the Bucks front office!!

GB-Brandon
11-17-2020, 12:57 AM
You want to stop the run?

Might want to start with stop drafting all these “Nice Guys” from Northwestern and Vanderbilt and Stanford and the Pac 12 to fortify your front seven. I think it’s thoroughly proven it’s a recipe to get your face kicked in at the NFL level!!!!

GB-Brandon
11-17-2020, 01:03 AM
There is nothing “NICE” about stopping the run!!!!

run pMc
11-17-2020, 07:50 AM
Packers D played well enough to win the game vs. JAX, but that was a low bar. They beat Indy if they can run the ball and get Rivers to turn the ball over. I don't see that happening.
Will be a good test for them after a mostly lifeless outing...plus they are indoors, so no wind. Agree this is a bad matchup for GB.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 07:53 AM
This game is going to tell a lot about whether we can beat physical teams in the post season. Top 5 defense, top 1 or 2 offensive line. Can the Packers best a country brawler? We’ll find out in 5 days.

Reasons for optimism:
Great defenses are sometimes lead by absolutely dominant front 7s. And sometimes they're lead by veteran defensive backs who can mask coverages and confuse opposing quarterbacks into making mistakes. The Packers are a mix. Clark, Z, Gary, P and now Kirksey are a solid start to the front. We have a deep stable of servicable backups to keep the front rested. But we also have an experienced back end. Kirksey, Alexander, King, Amos and Savage can all play a variety of coverages. So can Sullivan and Greene. Barnes can fill in nicely vs offenses who like to lean run heavy, but he's a little green yet to be an every-down guy.

Getting healthy, it will be interesting if the Packers can mix and mask their defenses effectively enough to give the front guys a chance to make more plays. Also, with Clark being back to 100 and Gary looking healthy again too, it will be interesting to see if the front can take strides to take pressure off the back end.

Due to steady injuries we really haven't gotten to see our defenses best. There is a chance we have everyone back Sunday and a chance the best is yet to come.

Even upon loss, there is a chance the defense can still grow over the last 7 games and be better for the post season.

But this is a big game. A solid victory gives a lot of hope for a 14th title in title town.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 07:55 AM
Biggest test and biggest game of the season right now. The Colts are good.

hoosier
11-17-2020, 09:24 AM
Colts offense has been mediocre this year. They might improve a little against a soft run defense, but they have not been executing well, they lost their top RB and Taylor has yet to really get his feet on the ground, and Rivers is at best a good game manager who doesn't seem to go off on hot streaks the way he used to. I think the Pack loses this one, but it will be competitive and I don't see them getting run over completely. More likely, Rodgers and co. will struggle to move the ball consistently and they go down 24-21 or something like that.

Upnorth
11-17-2020, 09:44 AM
If we get a healthy Alexander and Sullivan we get another pick. If we get back a healthy Lazard and ervin we can open up the playbook.
That is how we win.
If we don't get those players back we are likely going to lose. We need the spread passing game for jones to be great. I think rivers can be taken advantage of with our secondary I'd Clark gary and smith^2 CAN GET some pressure

bobblehead
11-17-2020, 11:03 AM
Of Course you don’t like this matchup. It’s the typical situation where our little “Front Runner Operation” gets exposed once again and everyone comes back down to reality “Once Again”. They have massive power upfront on defense and can neutralize our run game. They will make someone other then Adams beat them. It’s the typical game where MVS disappears!!! People will say Rodgers is pouting and is off. We won’t be able to stop the run as we haven’t been able to for 10 years!!!!! Same old Shit.

It’s just who we are. “Fraudulent Front Runners” because we have a stubborn jackass GM.

Wish we had the Bucks front office!!

You wish we would give a max contract to Middleton and let Brogden walk? Then get knocked out before the conference finals every year? Wow, thats a hot take even for you.

bobblehead
11-17-2020, 11:04 AM
There is nothing “NICE” about stopping the run!!!!

It is progress though, that 6 months later you agree with me that WR isn't the problem, the defense is...specifically run defense.

bobblehead
11-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Biggest test and biggest game of the season right now. The Colts are good.

We are now the out of conference on the road team. If we manage to win this game, we are definitely Owl material. This is a game even really damn good teams lose. Pitt almost lost to Dallas. Its a very tough situation where you would not expect a win. If I peg one game all year where I expect to lose, this would be it.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 11:22 AM
We are now the out of conference on the road team. If we manage to win this game, we are definitely Owl material. This is a game even really damn good teams lose. Pitt almost lost to Dallas. Its a very tough situation where you would not expect a win. If I peg one game all year where I expect to lose, this would be it.

For sure. But it’s exciting because of how hard it is. Winning would be a huge indicator of potential SB success this year.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Worst type of matchup too. Quick trigger filthy Phil and a dominant run blocking line. Pass rushers neutralized. And great defense too. Brutal matchup for this team. Winning would be huge.

texaspackerbacker
11-17-2020, 11:36 AM
The Colts beat some teams they weren't expected to beat. I don't believe they are as good as their record indicates. On the other hand, they have played the Packers tough in the past - mostly McCarthy teams, though, I think.

Rodgers will have a big game against the Colts, and our running game will be decent too. Can our D be decent enough? Not to completely shut down Indy, but we should be able to outscore them by a good margin.

Packers 45 Colts 21

HarveyWallbangers
11-17-2020, 12:43 PM
Worst type of matchup too. Quick trigger filthy Phil and a dominant run blocking line. Pass rushers neutralized. And great defense too. Brutal matchup for this team. Winning would be huge.

Rivers is a shell of himself. 34 TDs and 27 interceptions in the last 1 1/2 years. If you get any kind of pressure, he will throw 2-3 interceptable balls/game.

Rivers has had some good games against us, so he'll probably make me eat my words, but there are a lot of QBs I'd take over Rivers at this point.

hoosier
11-17-2020, 01:14 PM
Colts have a top five defense, there is no way GB puts up big numbers against them. The Colts have tended to play down the level of the competition this year, especially their discombobulated offense. DeForest Buckner and Darius Leonard are playing really well, Packers will need to figure out how to neutralize their aggressiveness. I think there is a decent chance this ends up one of those WTF games where Rodgers is constantly feeling the pressure and not adjusting, and ends up taking a giant step backwards and starts looking like he did against Denver and Arizona in 2015.

Tony Oday
11-17-2020, 01:31 PM
Packers will be shut out.

run pMc
11-17-2020, 02:53 PM
I think Rivers is like Brees - not much arm - but with less accuracy and poise. He will give out picks in bunches, especially if pressured. Problem is, he's a savvy vet who will be able to read the D and just dink and dunk his way down the field while Pettine plays the corners 8 yards off the line. I don't see GB's D stopping Indy.

On the other side, Rodgers generally plays well in domes and I think they might have been looking past JAX to this game. The Indy D is no joke -- they are good. They have some no name players like Kenny Moore who will make plays, and they seem to play sound, aggressive defense. It will be tough sledding on them running the ball, and outside of Adams they won't have much to scare them in the passing game. Xavier Rhodes is playing much better this year, and Rock Ya-Sin has a fun name.

Not saying GB doesn't have a chance, anything could happen, but I'd have to think Indy is favored by 7 in this one. Homefield isn't the advantage it normally is, but straight up I'd pick Indy.

texaspackerbacker
11-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Why do we not have a pick 'em league this season? It sure is easy to see why some of ya'all floundered in that last year.

George Cumby
11-17-2020, 03:40 PM
Watching the Colts curb stomp the Titans last week doesn't inspire a whole lot of optimism.

Joemailman
11-17-2020, 03:56 PM
Watching the Colts curb stomp the Titans last week doesn't inspire a whole lot of optimism.

Yet they've lost 3 games. It's a week to week league. Nobody in NFL is dominating consistently.

Spaulding
11-17-2020, 04:44 PM
Colts are good but overrated. Their defense has yet to play a good offensive team which in turns makes their defensive rankings obviously higher than otherwise.

Week 1
- loss to the Jag's 27-20 (although they played the Packers tough, windy conditions and a lackluster effort made it look better than it was and the Jags were otherwise near bottom in defensive rankings)

Week 2
- win over the Vikings 28-11 (Vikings of start of the season were far worse than currently as evidenced in their first game against the Packers)

Week 3
- win over the Jets 36-7 (any game against the hapless Jets alone bumps your defensive standings a few places)

Week 4
- win over the Bears 19-11 (Bears offense is on par with the Jets and thus holding them to 11 points is not actually an accomplishment)

Week 5
- loss to the Browns 32-23 (first decent defense they played and gave up a reasonably high total)

Week 6
- win over the Bengals 31-27 (holding a rookie QB and weak supporting case to 27 isn't much of a win)

Week 7
- win over the Lions 41-21 (where they won the turnover battle but still gave up plenty of yards)

Week 8
- loss to the Ravens 24-10 (actually outgained the Ravens but lost the turnover battle)

Week 9
- win over the Titans 34-17 (who've lost three out of the last four with only win against the Bears)

I could obviously dig far deeper into the numbers but just at a high level overview, they seem overrated for their current ranking due to level of competition played so far. PFT has them listed as the 11th best team with no wins over teams ranked above them where the Packers are ranked 4th with a win over the #3 ranked Saints.

All the gloom and doom is surprising. I get that we're all not homers (which is a good thing) and being objective and thought provoking on this forum is what makes it great, but I don't see this as a trap game/loss.

Sure it's not a likely win like against the Jags (which was actually far from that) but I think the Packers match up just fine against the Colts. Darius Leonard is solid and was a great find by the Jag's in the 2nd round but nowhere near as fast as the ILB's for the Buc's (David and White) and Buckner can be double teamed on the DL. Between Rogers/Adams/Jones doing their thing and Rivers prone to picks I have to believe that we walk away with a win.

And the clamors of Indy being the best OLine in football were last year thoughts. This year (mostly due to injuries) they've been mediocre and their offensive yards from rushing are less than the Packers at this point in the season. If they were a better running team or had an elite back like Cook I'd be more concerned but Taylor hasn't looked comfortable and once Mack went down, the rest of the RB's are just jags.

If Pettine can't stop an average running game likes the Colts (they are not the 49ers of last year or the Vikings with Cook) from gashing us I say the rest of the season is moot.

23-17 Packers

George Cumby
11-17-2020, 04:49 PM
Nice post Spaulding.

Weird how you use facts and data to form an opinion.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Lizard back is huge. I’m a big fan of MVS as a part time deep decoy but really excited to see his snaps decrease in the coming weeks.

Jones/Williams

Adams (best wr in league and block well)
Lazard (blocker/pass catcher)
Tonyan (blocker/pass catcher)

Then you mix a whole bunch of guys in, situationally
MVS (deep decoy and elite deep threat)
Mercedes (pass pro like a tackle so opens up protection schemes by being able to take edge rushers one on one. Underrated quality. Excellent run blocker and can sneak out and get 5 at any time)
Swerv (jet motions slows down line backers, opening up the run game. Also runs routes like a WR and can take those jet sweeps for big yards because he’s good with the ball in his hands)
Jace (overall TE skillset, just young and learning the game still)

I like our RB and top three guys. I like they way they fit together because the run is just as threatening as the pass considering all of them block well. I also like the mix and match flexibility of the 5 part time guys too. A bit of everything there. A deep threat WR, a blocking TE, a gadget returner type, and a young, athletic TE. You don’t want any of them playing every down, but between them you can mix it up and attack different things.

This offense is gonna absolutely go off in the coming weeks. The WR pouting has been absolutely ridiculous!!!

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 05:04 PM
Good points, Spaulding. Those wins aren’t very impressive for the Colts.

I’ve watched them play and consider them a real good team though. Filthy Phil was just getting his feet wet in the offense in that week 1 game.

That OL is tough though and so is the defense. They’re a solid playoff caliber team built in our least favorite model. Quick trigger QB who neutralizes pass rushers. Real tough run blockers. Elite DT to get after 12. Not our best matchup at all.

Upnorth
11-17-2020, 05:40 PM
Counter to Spaulding

We had a close game to a bad jax team that had a qb making his second start. This win would be a loss to an average team. That is 3 losses in 4 weeks.
We gave up 100 yards on the ground to a team that can't pass. They gave us 3 3 and outs in a row and two turn overs.

Spaulding
11-17-2020, 06:23 PM
Counter to Spaulding

We had a close game to a bad jax team that had a qb making his second start. This win would be a loss to an average team. That is 3 losses in 4 weeks.
We gave up 100 yards on the ground to a team that can't pass. They gave us 3 3 and outs in a row and two turn overs.

Fair enough but I think the fact that Jacksonville could run the ball with Robinson given the windy/cold conditions which weren't ideal for our passing game was definitely in their favor.

As much as I liked having Bak back at LT, he's never reminded me of a grader in the run game and thus might didn't help our anemic running game this past Sunday.

I certainly don't think it's a chalk it up win, I just see two good teams playing this coming Sunday in a dome (which Rodgers seems to well in minus crowd noise) where all things considered the Packers being the better team and thus winning.

Joemailman
11-17-2020, 06:56 PM
Counter to Spaulding

3 things happened in that game you probably won't see Sunday. Giving up a punt return for a TD. Rodgers setting up an opponent FG with a bad INT. Adams setting up an opponent TD with a fumble deep in his own territory. I don't think anyone is suggesting they will beat Indy if they play that way. But the history of this team under LaFleur is that they bounce back from a bad performance.

GB-Brandon
11-18-2020, 09:36 AM
It is progress though, that 6 months later you agree with me that WR isn't the problem, the defense is...specifically run defense.

I never said that. Having an additional weapon on offense would make the offense Elite and would also help cover up more for the defensive shortcomings because I have zero faith the Packers are ever going to figure out how to field a legitimate defense.

They could draft defense 5 times in the first round and still screw it up. They are incompetent IDIOTS!!! What more do we need to see?

GB-Brandon
11-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Lizard back is huge. I’m a big fan of MVS as a part time deep decoy but really excited to see his snaps decrease in the coming weeks.

Jones/Williams

Adams (best wr in league and block well)
Lazard (blocker/pass catcher)
Tonyan (blocker/pass catcher)

Then you mix a whole bunch of guys in, situationally
MVS (deep decoy and elite deep threat)
Mercedes (pass pro like a tackle so opens up protection schemes by being able to take edge rushers one on one. Underrated quality. Excellent run blocker and can sneak out and get 5 at any time)
Swerv (jet motions slows down line backers, opening up the run game. Also runs routes like a WR and can take those jet sweeps for big yards because he’s good with the ball in his hands)
Jace (overall TE skillset, just young and learning the game still)

I like our RB and top three guys. I like they way they fit together because the run is just as threatening as the pass considering all of them block well. I also like the mix and match flexibility of the 5 part time guys too. A bit of everything there. A deep threat WR, a blocking TE, a gadget returner type, and a young, athletic TE. You don’t want any of them playing every down, but between them you can mix it up and attack different things.

This offense is gonna absolutely go off in the coming weeks. The WR pouting has been absolutely ridiculous!!!

They had to take Lazard off the IR list by today or he was going to have to stay on IR for the whole season. I’m hearing he isn’t close to where “He Was.” On top of that he has to catch up on timing and everything. It’s not like he is some long time vet. We’re probably not gonna get much from him the rest of the year.

Ervin just got hurt with broken ribs.

Adams is nicked up again.

A beat down from yet another legit defense will shut your delusional mouth up!! “Crying about receivers” LOL. Good one!!!

What will be your lame excuse this time? The grass was too long?

GB-Brandon
11-18-2020, 10:03 AM
They don’t have the Firepower to beat the Colts is the bottom line. If you want to make $ then take the Colts. I can’t go that way.

Packers are gonna have trouble upfront and Rodgers is going to be pressured. Our lame receiving Corp will be exposed yet again.

Lafluer will be unable to beat the Colts defense with “Smoke and Mirrors” which is all we are!!!!

texaspackerbacker
11-18-2020, 10:49 AM
We really shoulda had a Pick 'Em contest. You woulda stood out, Brandon. hahahahaha

Freak Out
11-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Colts have a solid defense but in the dome I think Arod and friends will have a good day. Rivers looks a bit washed up. If the game comes down to him winning it for them those odds are with GB.

Joemailman
11-18-2020, 01:51 PM
Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
·
6m
Allen Lazard did all the drills during the open portion of practice. So did Jaire Alexander, a sign he's made significant progress through the concussion protocol. https://es.pn/35Ib129

Mike Spofford
@mikespofford
First practice of season on Hinkle Field, which was redone.
Not practicing for #Packers Wednesday: WR St. Brown, RB Ervin, DL M. Adams. Also WR D. Adams went thru team stretch but did not come outside for drills during media portion.
CBs J. Alexander, K. King both practicing.

Matt Schneidman
@mattschneidman
·
10m
Rookie sixth-round OL Simon Stepaniak from Indiana is practicing for the first time all season. Had been on the non-football injury list recovering from his torn ACL during last year’s bowl prep..

Joemailman
11-18-2020, 02:15 PM
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=11

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman with the call. Northwest Wisconsin gets the Cowboys/Vikings.

https://506sports.com/2020/11-FOX-L.png

Freak Out
11-18-2020, 06:20 PM
Yes.

GB-Brandon
11-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Colts have a solid defense but in the dome I think Arod and friends will have a good day. Rivers looks a bit washed up. If the game comes down to him winning it for them those odds are with GB.

It’s simple. If the Packers get behind and the offense gets pressed with pressure they are done. Put a fork in them!!!

We’ve seen the movie over and over!!!

QBME
11-18-2020, 08:38 PM
It’s simple. If the Packers get behind and the offense gets pressed with pressure they are done. Put a fork in them!!!

We’ve seen the movie over and over!!!

Good Golly Miss Molly. Do you have an optimistic bone in your body?

It's football. It's the Green Bay Packers. The majority of us root for the Pack.

And please, don't trot out some kind of self serving pragmatic bullshit to try and defend your better than thou outlook.

Shoot, Tank in his worst phase was more palatable than you.

ARGO.

Joemailman
11-18-2020, 09:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnIu0iUW8AAQoh3?format=jpg&name=large

GB-Brandon
11-19-2020, 12:35 PM
Good Golly Miss Molly. Do you have an optimistic bone in your body?

It's football. It's the Green Bay Packers. The majority of us root for the Pack.

And please, don't trot out some kind of self serving pragmatic bullshit to try and defend your better than thou outlook.

Shoot, Tank in his worst phase was more palatable than you.

ARGO.

Wish I had better news to report. More shall be revealed later. Calling it like I see it. Sorry the truth triggers you!!

gbgary
11-19-2020, 01:10 PM
betting alexander is back. he and king will be key. i see rivers picking them apart with small ball like last year. playing back/soft (as is pettine's style) will get them killed. rodgers needs to get back to the early season efficiency he had. ball out quick, to everyone, everywhere. he's slipped back into hold-the-ball rodgers and it's getting ugly like last year. they need to play small ball too with the occasional shot. first downs being the priority. if they/rodgers don't get back in rhythm, and the D get more aggressive in coverage, it'll be an L.

Spaulding
11-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Wish I had better news to report. More shall be revealed later. Calling it like I see it. Sorry the truth triggers you!!

13-3 last year and 7-2 so far this year under Gute and LaFleur and the sky is falling. Guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy. Would hate to see you as a fan of one of the other division teams as they are all looking up at the Packers right now and have their own issues.

Joemailman
11-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Adams did not practice. Alexander full participation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnN1NlOWEAEcYjX?format=jpg&name=medium

RashanGary
11-19-2020, 04:29 PM
If King, Alexander, Amos, Savage, Kirksey and Greene are all healthy, Pettine definitely should take a few more chances at taking away the run and short stuff first and making Phil go over the top a few times at least.

bobblehead
11-19-2020, 04:45 PM
We really shoulda had a Pick 'Em contest. You woulda stood out, Brandon. hahahahaha
I did pin him down on a "name the contenders"

San Francisco 4-6 last place in west
Tampa Bay 7-3 second in south...curb stomped by saints
New Orleans 7-3 Leading south. Lost to packers
Dallas 2-7 Last in NFC least
Philadelphia 3-5-1 Leading division!!!

Not serious contenders: GB 7-2....#1 seed
Seattle 6-3....3 way tie for West

Upnorth
11-19-2020, 05:14 PM
I did pin him down on a "name the contenders"

San Francisco 4-6 last place in west
Tampa Bay 7-3 second in south...curb stomped by saints
New Orleans 7-3 Leading south. Lost to packers
Dallas 2-7 Last in NFC least
Philadelphia 3-5-1 Leading division!!!

Not serious contenders: GB 7-2....#1 seed
Seattle 6-3....3 way tie for West

Is that the big news that was to be revealed? Its like he has a crystal ball. With a few cracks

Those 5 teams you have on top were like reading espn pablum from August.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 10:32 AM
Word from the packers defense is they’re gonna be masking coverages on filthy Phil this week. In general, with such a young bunch, they didn’t do much of that last year. King, Alexander, Amos and Kirksey are veteran enough, you’d expect them to be able to hold their spot presnap to make filthy Phil have to adjust post snap and hopefully hold the ball while he goes to the next read. Preston, being a solid coverage OLB will also be a part of this cat and mouse game. He should be able to handle it.

Savage and Sullivan are a little sketchy in that department. Should be much improved from their rookie years, but second year status does not equal savvy vet status.

I see, usually, two types of highly effective secondaries.... you have the SF/Colts/Recent Chargers style where they do one or two things really well and plan on out executing you. And then you have the Titans/Patriots style where they’re veteran and and they constantly mix things up and mask things to take away that first read.

Our team, neither built for man or zone, but sort of decent at either when healthy almost has to fall into the latter category of highly effective secondary play. With King and Kirksey back, there is a really good chance they can start to develop that mix and mask identity that makes calling plays and counting on first reads a challenge for opposing offenses.

This is the first healthy game in a long time. This is a big test to see if this defense is going to take that next step or stay stuck in the spot of not having an identity.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 10:42 AM
Since they want to mix and mask defenses with their evolving and now healthy veteran bunch, I expect to see more Greene and less Barnes/Martin this game.

If that’s the case, and you end up going smaller but more experienced in the back, I would expect to see them go bigger up front on first and second down. Also, Preston is our only OLB that excels on coverage so i expect to see him on early downs to open up some of that flexibility to mask coverages.

Preston, having coverage abilities, would be a curious option at ILB next to Kirksey as well. Maybe you go a little smaller up front Z, Clark, Lowry, Gary and then overload one side with Preston blitzing from the ILB spot and one of the lineman zone dropping into the slant windows.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 10:43 AM
There are a few options to mix things up. I want to start seeing some of that creativity from Pettine.

texaspackerbacker
11-20-2020, 01:13 PM
Has Preston even been playing ILB? If so, I haven't seen it.

I think our D will be ok. We weren't ready for Rivers the last time we faced them. If Pettine still ain't, there will be a lot more people jumping on the bandwagon to fire him.

HarveyWallbangers
11-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Has Preston even been playing ILB?

No

GB-Brandon
11-20-2020, 02:01 PM
I will reveal more later!!!

run pMc
11-20-2020, 03:25 PM
I think our D will be ok. We weren't ready for Rivers the last time we faced them. If Pettine still ain't, there will be a lot more people jumping on the bandwagon to fire him.

I'm not optimistic about the D's chances. Rivers behind a very good OL playing dink and dunk. Pettine plays the outside CB's soft/off and that drives me crazy - it also plays right into Rivers' hands. Agree the "fire Pettine" bandwagon might get more crowded soon. I will be very interested to see how the offense plays against a solid Indy D. If the Packers bend-dont break defense holds their O to FGs and Rodgers gets off to a hot start the game could get very interesting. They gotta force Rivers to make some bad throws/decisions, and he won't do that with a lead.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 03:53 PM
I’m excited to see the defense healthy. I really don’t love or even like Kirksey that much, but for the Packers defense to be all it can be, we’re gonna need to be multiple and unpredictable back there. We just don’t have one thing we do best but a lot of things they can do fairly well. So mixing, masking and keeping filthy Phil off his game is gonna be paramount.

Kirksey and King both bring some veteran stability to that back end and make opening up the playbook possible. This is game 1 of what is hopefully a nice 10 game stretch of good health!

On a side note, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sullivan is the other corner in base defense and king comes in to play outside during nickel situations. One part time week before going full time seems smart for such a long lasting injury.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 04:21 PM
This Lafleur regime has been so ridiculously careful. Can’t imagine lizard is gonna play having not been a full participant in practice. He’s gonna need a full week of full go practice to play football for careful Lafleur. And even then, I imagine he’d be a part time player for the first week back.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 04:22 PM
On the plus side, we’re like all world as far as not sustaining season enders in the Lafleur era. Kinda disappointed to not have lizard back yet I’ll bet it’s the right move considering lafleurs health success so far.

RashanGary
11-20-2020, 04:25 PM
Likely lizard timeline

Next week full go practice
November 29th part time player
December full time player
Post season lizard is 100% healthy and 100% acclimated to the offense

Careful Lafleur wins again. Championship

Joemailman
11-20-2020, 04:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnSxutAWMAUEPhX?format=jpg&name=medium

Freak Out
11-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Turn up the heat on Rivers and he will make some mistakes and get sacked a couple times.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:12 PM
Counter to Spaulding

But we played that team.

In the NFL you don't discount wins and you don't upcount losses. In a game it can be that, on a season its not.

This is a very tough game. If we beat them we are the easy favorites in the NFC.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:15 PM
They had to take Lazard off the IR list by today or he was going to have to stay on IR for the whole season. I’m hearing he isn’t close to where “He Was.” On top of that he has to catch up on timing and everything. It’s not like he is some long time vet. We’re probably not gonna get much from him the rest of the year.

Ervin just got hurt with broken ribs.

Adams is nicked up again.

A beat down from yet another legit defense will shut your delusional mouth up!! “Crying about receivers” LOL. Good one!!!

What will be your lame excuse this time? The grass was too long?

My lame excuse is that we are the #1 seed in the NFC and the #5 scoring offense in the entire NFL. I expect to lose this one. Real tough situation and matchup. Out of conference on the road and play biggest rival next week on prime time. I have laid a bet on Indy. I'm not happy to do so. I won't mind losing my money on this one, but the math/investment is too rich to pass up.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:17 PM

The truth doesn't trigger him. Your caustic and arrogant display of your opinion as fact annoys everyone.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Is that the big news that was to be revealed? Its like he has a crystal ball. With a few cracks

Those 5 teams you have on top were like reading espn pablum from August.

Don't mock him. He knows more than all of us. You just can't handle the truth that the Eagles and Dallas are better than the Packers.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 01:22 PM
I will reveal more later!!!

*Updated serious contenders list

RashanGary
11-21-2020, 03:38 PM
King injured his freaking Achilles in practice. His asking price going down by the minute

smuggler
11-21-2020, 04:39 PM
Doesn't make sense. He injured his Achilles today, but is "questionable" for tomorrow? He won't play.

Guy is going to need to take a one-year prove it deal, I think.

The Shadow
11-22-2020, 12:21 AM
They put pass rush pressure on Rivers - they win.
Weak pressure [ they lose.

smuggler
11-22-2020, 02:59 AM
Once again the Shadow makes his sage wisdom evident. And then vanishes for two weeks. Haha

RashanGary
11-22-2020, 07:27 AM
Dick hole errrr.... rapsheet says, “Lazard is playing but on a pitch count.”

Thanks dick hole.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 09:36 AM
My lame excuse is that we are the #1 seed in the NFC and the #5 scoring offense in the entire NFL. I expect to lose this one. Real tough situation and matchup. Out of conference on the road and play biggest rival next week on prime time. I have laid a bet on Indy. I'm not happy to do so. I won't mind losing my money on this one, but the math/investment is too rich to pass up.

I have actually decided to go against “All Trends” on this one too and place with the Packers. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

Browns and Packers ML today.

RashanGary
11-22-2020, 10:13 AM
I have actually decided to go against “All Trends” on this one too and place with the Packers. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

Going against all trends is the best thing a bettor can do. Rigged. But people are predicting the Packers in this one, so not sure you’re going against anything

RashanGary
11-22-2020, 10:19 AM
I guess Pff has Colts covering. It’s gonna be tough for the refs to get within a 1.5 point spread so maybe their goal today is packers moneyline. Based on a rigged system (and I’m certain it is), your ml bet is safe. Might even place one myself.

bobblehead
11-22-2020, 11:23 AM

Hope you win. I got extra money. Don't have enough packer championships and home field throughouts.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Going against all trends is the best thing a bettor can do. Rigged. But people are predicting the Packers in this one, so not sure you’re going against anything

You obviously aren’t looking at the trends I am. Hoping for the best!!

RashanGary
11-22-2020, 03:16 PM
You obviously aren’t looking at the trends I am. Hoping for the best!!

I bet on packers too. Refs always kill the herd. Gotta stand alone on a cliff to win!