PDA

View Full Version : Tooooooo Conservative!! And can Koren even play?

flipnout91
09-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Just my rant but I put some of this blame on MM. I think he will be a good teacher but he is gonna need to step it up on these plays. I felt like the bear fans a few years ago. He needs to liven this play book up. And has anyone heard if and when Koren can play? I think he could step up and be our #2 right now.

Rastak
09-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Just my rant but I put some of this blame on MM. I think he will be a good teacher but he is gonna need to step it up on these plays. I felt like the bear fans a few years ago. He needs to liven this play book up. And has anyone heard if and when Koren can play? I think he could step up and be our #2 right now.

He's always been a disappointment as a reciever but the dude is an elite KR.

gbpackfan
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Not ALWAYS! He had over 1200 yards receiving in Seattle one year. Now I know that was a couple years ago, but that's not always. Right!? In fact, his lifetime average per reception is 15 yards. Im not saying he is world beater but he is a nice 3 or 4.

Rastak
09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Not ALWAYS! He had over 1200 yards receiving in Seattle one year. Now I know that was a couple years ago, but that's not always. Right!? In fact, his lifetime average per reception is 15 yards. Im not saying he is world beater but he is a nice 3 or 4.

No he's a great 3 or 4.....just not consistent enough as a 1 or 2.

cpk1994
09-12-2006, 06:12 PM

I laugh at this because the game plan is designed to limit what people were bitching about last year: Brett Favre forcing INTS! For three quarters Brett was disiplined when he was following the gameplan. In the fourth when they threw more,.Brett forced throws and 2 were picked off. Just like last year. As for Koren, He can play week 2 and will play week 2.

flipnout91
09-12-2006, 06:19 PM

I laugh at this because the game plan is designed to limit what people were bitching about last year: Brett Favre forcing INTS! For three quarters Brett was disiplined when he was following the gameplan. In the fourth when they threw more,.Brett forced throws and 2 were picked off. Just like last year. As for Koren, He can play week 2 and will play week 2.Not sure if you were a member of packerchatters, but if so, then you would remember that I have been coaching HS football for twelve years. I am an offensive coordinator, and though I am not at the leval of an NFL coach, I did play at a D1 AA school and it's my opinion that the plays were fine last year, but Brett tried to thread the needle a little to often. I like opening up the offense but that doesnt mean the QB has to throw in double or triple coverage.

Merlin
09-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Again I will say that I feel bad that McCarthy and his horrible game plan forced Brett into that mode again. No one likes to lose and As Favre has said on many occasions "I will go down swinging". The difference today is that for basically two seasons (well starting the second), Favre has Driver. Who else? Jennings? He's a rookie and didn't play well.

Maybe Robinson will blow the doors open for us. He has the ability. Last year no one in MN got any yards until Cullpepper got injured. Then the team started to gell. Robinson needs to gell TODAY and all will be good.

Oh yeah, does anyone know why Ferguson is still a Packer? I have no explanation for that...

Partial
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Rod Gardner broke 1000 yards once, too. Somebody is going to catch balls no matter what. It's just a matter of whats around him.

gbpackfan
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM

No he's a great 3 or 4.....just not consistent enough as a 1 or 2.

I agree. Good post. Maybe your best ever! :D

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 11:38 PM

Koren Robinson Career Stat's.

2001 Sea...16 G .. and..39.. Rec.. for..536.yards. a 13.7 Avg.. and .. 1 TD
2002 Sea...16 G.. and..78.. Rec. for 1240.yards. a 15.9 Avg.. and.. 5 TD
2003 Sea...15 G .. and ..65.. Rec.. for 896.yards . a 13.8 Avg. and .. 4 TD
2004 Sea...10 G .. and ..31.. Rec. for.495.yards . a 16.0 Avg..and... 2 TD
2005 Minn. 14 G.. and..22.. Rec. for.347.yards. a 15.8 Avg...and... 1 TD

Career: In 71 games 235 Rec's for 3514 Y @ 15.0 Avg and 13 TD

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Again I will say that I feel bad that McCarthy and his horrible game plan forced Brett into that mode again. No one likes to lose and As Favre has said on many occasions "I will go down swinging". The difference today is that for basically two seasons (well starting the second), Favre has Driver. Who else? Jennings? He's a rookie and didn't play well.

Maybe Robinson will blow the doors open for us. He has the ability. Last year no one in MN got any yards until Cullpepper got injured. Then the team started to gell. Robinson needs to gell TODAY and all will be good.

Oh yeah, does anyone know why Ferguson is still a Packer? I have no explanation for that...

On Sun., Sept. 18/05 after being defeated by " the Browns " 26 - 24.

After this loss to "the Browns" which broke the Packer player's spirit evidenced by extreme silence after the game in the dressing Room, Brett Favre and Donald Ddriver were quoted as thus on losing:

(on not being able to pull this game out)

"I'm shocked every time we lose. I'm very disappointed in losing, we should never accept losing. When you lose at home it's even worse. Regardless of what went on at halftime, you should want to win. It should mean everything to you. It's no fun practicing when you're losing...I've been fortunate throughout my career to have won most of the games, this is not very fun. I hope our younger guys and older guys aren't willing to accept losing, home or away...You can't get used to losing." Brett Favre

(on what will it take to finish drives and get the ball into the end zone)

"Between the 20s is important, but not as important as getting the ball into the end zone. We can move the football on anyone. That opening drive is what we're capable of doing, what we expect to be doing. But I think somewhere along the way - and I give credit to Cleveland and Detroit - but it's not so much what they're doing as it is what we're not doing. We're making mistakes. Third-and-5 is much easier to convert than third-and-10, first-and-10 is much better than first-and-15. You have to stay at manageable down and distances and you can do that by making positive plays or not making costly penalties or silly mistakes. We all know it's the little things that will win ball games for you and obviously it's the little things that will lose ball games for you." Brett Favre

(on how the Packers adjust moving forward)

"We have to do it, we have to; we have to get ourselves out of the hole. Right now, we are in the deep hole. We have to find a way to get out of it. It has to start next week. It starts Monday when we come in and watch film, see the mistakes we made, and correct them." Donald Driver

Following a 17-16 loss to the BUC'S on Sun., Sept. 25/05

The losses eat at the 15-year-veteran more than they did during the early part of his career and may not leave him until the Packers' next game against the Carolina Panthers on Oct. 3.

"It stays with me," he said.

Favre, however, will continue his Tuesday routine with Sherman, meeting for a one-on-one session going over the game tape.

"We must find a way to win the game," Favre said. "The show must go on."

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH !

cpk1994
09-13-2006, 12:21 AM

I laugh at this because the game plan is designed to limit what people were bitching about last year: Brett Favre forcing INTS! For three quarters Brett was disiplined when he was following the gameplan. In the fourth when they threw more,.Brett forced throws and 2 were picked off. Just like last year. As for Koren, He can play week 2 and will play week 2.Not sure if you were a member of packerchatters, but if so, then you would remember that I have been coaching HS football for twelve years. I am an offensive coordinator, and though I am not at the leval of an NFL coach, I did play at a D1 AA school and it's my opinion that the plays were fine last year, but Brett tried to thread the needle a little to often. I like opening up the offense but that doesnt mean the QB has to throw in double or triple coverage.
I framed my comment that way because the empasis MM is under pressure to do what Sherman couldn't: Control Brett Favre and curb the INTs. So he is emphasizing the run to get to third and short instead of third and long where Brett is more likely to force a throw and end up with a INT.

Packers4Glory
09-13-2006, 12:45 AM

I laugh at this because the game plan is designed to limit what people were bitching about last year: Brett Favre forcing INTS! For three quarters Brett was disiplined when he was following the gameplan. In the fourth when they threw more,.Brett forced throws and 2 were picked off. Just like last year. As for Koren, He can play week 2 and will play week 2. i laugh at that because its complete BULLSHIT. Brett forced the majority of his throws late in games while tryign to bring them back. having a conservative gameplan has nothing to do w/ Favre and his 16 yrs in the NFL, and everything to do w/ starting 2 rookie Guards.

cpk1994
09-13-2006, 07:31 AM

I laugh at this because the game plan is designed to limit what people were bitching about last year: Brett Favre forcing INTS! For three quarters Brett was disiplined when he was following the gameplan. In the fourth when they threw more,.Brett forced throws and 2 were picked off. Just like last year. As for Koren, He can play week 2 and will play week 2. i laugh at that because its complete BULLSHIT. Brett forced the majority of his throws late in games while tryign to bring them back. having a conservative gameplan has nothing to do w/ Favre and his 16 yrs in the NFL, and everything to do w/ starting 2 rookie Guards.
IF you don't think the gameplan isn't designed in part to limit the INTS, your full of BULLSHIT. MM said himself that Brett's mistakes would not be tolerated and would be corrected. The gameplan is one way to do it.

Packers4Glory
09-13-2006, 08:00 AM

IF you don't think the gameplan isn't designed in part to limit the INTS, your full of BULLSHIT. MM said himself that Brett's mistakes would not be tolerated and would be corrected. The gameplan is one way to do it.

yeah ok. there is a diff saying they wouldn't be tolerated. The gameplan is not the way, as he could force any pass at any given time unless you run 100% of the time. The reason for the vanilla playcalling is because of the inexperienced line, specifically the 2 rookies. Against a defense like chicago, in their FIRST game nonetheless, the way to protect them and Favre from getting murdered was to run and run some more.

the problem was there should have been alot more quick 3 step drop passes, including slants such. that wasn't in the gameplan for some reason.

the passing game wasn't limited to prevent Favre from throwing INTs. thats just retarded.

cpk1994
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
But dismissing it and not believing it is at least a part of the reason for the gameplan is just as retarded. Its a little bit of both, Favre AND the OL.

prsnfoto
09-13-2006, 08:15 AM

Bretts Int's last year went as follows
2 while winning
4 while tied
23 while trailing
If your philosopy is correct and dipshit keeps calling the same game plan Brett will have 75 Int's this year. Brett favre is not the problem TT is MM is a SHITTY O-LINE is and the fans are, thats right the fans we shouldv've been flipping over cars and setting them on fire when TT let the best QB GreenBay will ever see go on the field last year with college linemen Sherman dropped the ball TT buried it underground. My advice let Brett go so he has a chance to win and I have another team to root for perhaps another team with bay in their name.