PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs. Colts

Joemailman
11-22-2020, 06:58 PM
Colts made halftime adjustments to throw Packers offense off.

Defense justified fears.

4 turnovers you lose.

Bossman641
11-22-2020, 07:07 PM
Turnover fest lately. 6 in the past 2 games.

Where has the run game gone?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-22-2020, 07:12 PM
They shoulda benched Shepherd for St. Paul after the “touchback” fuckup prior to the half.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 07:12 PM
Colts made halftime adjustments to throw Packers offense off.

Defense justified fears.

4 turnovers you lose.

Yeah, the adjustment was expose Pettine’s Dime defense and keep Rodgers on the bench!!!

Great Adjustment!

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 07:14 PM
They shoulda benched Shepherd for St. Paul after the “touchback” fuckup prior to the half.

The fact that Shepherd is on this roster is final proof this roster isn’t anywhere near a Super Bowl contender.

I mean seriously?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-22-2020, 07:25 PM
The fact that Shepherd is on this roster is final proof this roster isn’t anywhere near a Super Bowl contender.

I mean seriously?

Word.

Joemailman
11-22-2020, 07:32 PM
If they get Ervin back healthy, they need to greatly reduce his offensive snaps. They need him on returns more than they need him on offense.

SMBASS
11-22-2020, 07:33 PM
It'll be fun to see how shitty this team really is in a couple of years once AR is gone and Gute has had a chance to screw up a couple of more drafts. Almost 30 consecutive years of HOF QB play in a league that is QB driven and we don't have shit to show for it. That luxury isn't going to continue forever.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 07:40 PM
It'll be fun to see how shitty this team really is in a couple of years once AR is gone and Gute has had a chance to screw up a couple of more drafts. Almost 30 consecutive years of HOF QB play in a league that is QB driven and we don't have shit to show for it. That luxury isn't going to continue forever.

Trust me, Your preaching to the choir. It’s a disaster in the making. Gute has developed two legitimate players in three years. It’s about to get real bumpy.

Mayhem
11-22-2020, 07:50 PM
Back in the 80's I had tickets for a Packers game and my brother wanted to go early to watch the warm ups and we were watching Don Bracken punting on the side lines my brother could not figure why Bracken was punting so well in practice. but not during the game. I said look nobody is coming after him , so that why he's punting so well . I wonder if that is the same thing with J.K. Scott maybe he's great practice player and not that good during the game?

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 07:54 PM
Back in the 80's I had tickets for a Packers game and my brother wanted to go early to watch the warm ups and we were watching Don Bracken punting on the side lines my brother could not figure why Bracken was punting so well in practice. but not during the game. I said look nobody is coming after him , so that why he's punting so well . I wonder if that is the same thing with J.K. Scott maybe he's great practice player and not that good during the game?

Could be but he was an amazing punter at Alabama in the SEC and punted in a lot of high pressure games there. Not sure.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-22-2020, 07:59 PM
The Packers may have thrown the homefield down the drain. But that might not be a bad thing. A late January game at Lambeau in front of no one ain’t too arousing.

Then again, playoffs? Are you fucking kidding me, playoffs?!?! Da Pack can’t even beat the 1-5 Queens! Da Pack just choked in da clutch!

Bretsky
11-22-2020, 08:18 PM
Time to Move on from Pettine

Defense had opportunities to make plays. Another failure of our DC as well as some highly touted players.

Free Wist as and support his new startup at www.bringbackdomcapers.com :))))

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 08:35 PM
The Packers may have thrown the homefield down the drain. But that might not be a bad thing. A late January game at Lambeau in front of no one ain’t too arousing.

Then again, playoffs? Are you fucking kidding me, playoffs?!?! Da Pack can’t even beat the 1-5 Queens! Da Pack just choked in da clutch!

The problem is they have pretty much a “losing record” on the road against teams above .500 this year and over last few years. They are also playing .500 football over the last month overall.

This Packer team is consistent and we know what they are and are not. They have hit their ceiling with lack of talent at key spots and coaching issues at others.

SMBASS
11-22-2020, 08:36 PM
Trust me, Your preaching to the choir. It’s a disaster in the making. Gute has developed two legitimate players in three years. It’s about to get real bumpy.

It's a good thing I barely give a damn about the National Felon League anymore so at least I won't be continually pissed off every season like I was during the 70's and 80's. The passion I used to have for this game and team decreases a little bit more every year as I get older. Probably save me from having a stroke or heart attack when we hit the skids again.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 08:41 PM
It was a great ride guys. Kuddo’s to Rodgers for taking this team much further then anyone thought with Gute and the front office hanging him out to dry.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 08:47 PM
It's a good thing I barely give a damn about the National Felon League anymore so at least I won't be continually pissed off every season like I was during the 70's and 80's. The passion I used to have for this game and team decreases a little bit more every year as I get older. Probably save me from having a stroke or heart attack when we hit the skids again.

Yeah, I’m selling out of the whole thing myself. Put my house up for sale by Lambeau. Already have offers. Headed to Florida and Tampa area. Getting out while I can. It was kinda a fun ride. Could of been a lot more fun if we had a front office that knew what the hell they we’re doing.

Anyways, it’s definitely time to get out!!! Brutal isn’t even the word for what’s coming.

Harlan Huckleby
11-22-2020, 10:08 PM
I thought Indy would clobber the Packers today.

It was a real battle. Even the defense had streaks of steadiness.
It wasn't a cluster fuck for the offense. They moved the ball much of the game.

I'm disappointed they didn't take more shots into the endzone to win in regulation.
With momentum on Indy's side in second half, Packers had to take the opportunity right there.

Bossman641
11-22-2020, 10:09 PM
The Colts were so unworried of Shepherd they were purposefully giving him opportunities to return the ball. He had 7 returns today. I just looked at their past 4-5 games and the opposing teams were getting 1-2 returns per game. Embarrassing.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 10:36 PM
The Colts were so unworried of Shepherd they were purposefully giving him opportunities to return the ball. He had 7 returns today. I just looked at their past 4-5 games and the opposing teams were getting 1-2 returns per game. Embarrassing.

He should never of been back there and he should of never even of been on the 53. He is hanging around because Gute has refused to bring in adequate talent to the position group and it bit us in multiple ways today. I’d much rather have Dexter Williams back there but that doesn’t jive with the 53 cause he drafted a power back to ride the pine. This is the type of shit that catches up with you when you play the better teams. Rodgers can only overcome so much. You can get away with this stuff against the losers that the Packers usually beat but not the better teams.

GB-Brandon
11-22-2020, 10:37 PM
When you play “the better teams” and “in the playoffs” every weakness is exposed and the Packers have many!!!

But Brian Gutekunst thinks we’re so good that we can draft QB’s that can’t even make the 53 and 3rd string RB’s and H backs etc etc that have done ZERO for us!!

He has let everyone down. All the fans. The players . Aaron Rodgers. The city of Green Bay. Everyone!! The dude is a giant Fucken Fraud!

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2020, 12:42 AM
The bottom line is that the Packers are not dead yet. They need to get things cleaned up a lot of ways, though.

The negativity about Shepherd is entirely justified. We ought to be able to pick up somebody off the street with some speed and better ability to return kicks until Ervin is back. For that matter, Ervin is nothing special as a returner.

Both Smiths played like crap, Preston the worst, of course, but Zadarius had one good play and a bunch of bad ones. Kevin King was pretty much worthless in coverage. Josh Jackson couldn't possibly be worse than King. Kirksey, to his credit, didn't drop the pick. He did, however, fail to defend numerous passes including the deflection he intercepted. He reminded me of Martinez, making tackles way down field and taking himself out of plays. He did nothing to change my opinion that Martin or Barnes are better alternatives, maybe even Summers. Our O Line played down to expectations too against a good Indy D Line. And of course, our D Line failed to put enough pressure on Rivers and failed to stop the run more often than not. How much of that is on Pettine and how much of it is on personnel is a good question.

I still say Valdez-Scantling is way more good than bad, even though he basically lost the game with that fumble. Lazard will get back to where he was before the injury, St. Brown is making progress, ditto that with Sternberger. Tonyan is now an above average NFL TE.

As somebody said, Jamal Williams is very replaceable - most teams have that kind of RB. Even though Jonathan Taylor had an excellent game today, it kept occurring to me that Aaron Jones is better - that he would have broken away for long gains if he had the same kind of blocking. We NEED to keep Jones. I'm less fired up to keep Linsley on the other hand. Things were not significantly worse after he went out.

I also agree, Scott ain't worth shit. There's probably 30 or 40 punters coming out of college every year. We ought to be able to find several who can punt better than Scott for very low pay.

As long as we have Aaron Rodgers, though, we have a puncher's chance to beat anybody. And of course, we still have a 2 game lead on the Bears - who still suck - and a 3 game lead on the Vikings whose brief streak of quality is apparently now over.

RashanGary
11-23-2020, 08:42 AM
If you’re really upset, Twitter death threats to MVS are trending so you can always do that to let off a little steam. That’s a great look for packer fans.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:13 AM
If you’re really upset, Twitter death threats to MVS are trending so you can always do that to let off a little steam. That’s a great look for packer fans.

The anger is being misguided. This is on Gute!!! I’ve come to peace with MVS. It’s not his fault. He is a 5Th round pick with limitations doing the best he can do that is being thrusted into a role that he is just not prepared for. The weekly “MVS Train talk” has become rather exhausting as he continually takes one step forward and then two steps back.

Pittman for the Colts was yet another receiver many Packer fans wanted. All that can be thought now is what could of or should of or would of been.

run pMc
11-23-2020, 11:05 AM

Death threats for a fumble in a November interconference football game is beyond stupid, reckless, and just... I can't even find the words. I wonder if Rodgers is getting death threats for his pick, or Sheppard for the fumble, or Linsley for the bad snap? Sheesh. People need to get a grip and a life. What's next, shooters at U10 girl's soccer games?

Let's not forget MVS had the big play to get them out of 3rd and 10 on the FG drive, and drew a PI to get in scoring position on another. They guy has flaws, but he's not Idi Amin.

run pMc
11-23-2020, 11:08 AM
Agree with others that I didn't think the game would be this close, and that you don't win many games giving up 400+ yards and 4 turnovers.
I'm disappointed they had the ball 6 plays in the 3Q, and scored 3 points in the 2nd half. Rodgers threw 38 times and they "ran" the ball less than 20... it's like McCarthy was calling plays, although the run game was stuck in mud so maybe that's not the worst.

What has happened to the run game lately, by the way?

Fritz
11-23-2020, 12:03 PM

The problem is not with Shepherd's balls; it's with Shepherd's pie.

run pMc
11-23-2020, 12:30 PM
They were playing the field position game. I've seen Belichick do this before on kickoffs - the gamble being many KR's can't return a kick 25 yards. Sheppard is a nice story but I honestly don't know why they are playing him -- he has a history of fumbles and isn't explosive. He's exactly the kind of player they should be replacing for someone with more athleticism.

George Cumby
11-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Death threats for a fumble in a November interconference football game is beyond stupid, reckless, and just... I can't even find the words. I wonder if Rodgers is getting death threats for his pick, or Sheppard for the fumble, or Linsley for the bad snap? Sheesh. People need to get a grip and a life. What's next, shooters at U10 girl's soccer games?

Let's not forget MVS had the big play to get them out of 3rd and 10 on the FG drive, and drew a PI to get in scoring position on another. They guy has flaws, but he's not Idi Amin.

x1000

If the death threats thing is accurate, it is truly beyond the pale.

Lots of blame to go around for yesterday.

Guiness
11-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Why did Jenkins slide over to center instead of Patrick? Patrick is listed as the back-up center, I had no idea Jenkins could even play there. Runyan played RG earlier this season so it shouldn't be because of him.

Joemailman
11-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Why did Jenkins slide over to center instead of Patrick? Patrick is listed as the back-up center, I had no idea Jenkins could even play there. Runyan played RG earlier this season so it shouldn't be because of him.

Jenkins played mainly Center in college. My guess is they did it that way so Runyan could play LG. Although he's played both G positions, I think he mainly practices at LG.

call_me_ishmael
11-23-2020, 03:33 PM
I wonder if Jenkins would be okay playing center. Earnings are likely a little less, right? Maybe not that different than a guard compared to a tackle?

Joemailman
11-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Top salary for a LG is about 3 million per year higher than top for a C. Overall though, they're pretty similar. My guess is that Jenkins' future is at RT.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 04:04 PM
Guard/Center are the furthest things from our problems.

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2020, 08:30 PM
Not True. Aaron Rodgers' and Aaron Jones' success is in spite of the O Line, not because of it. When you go against a top level D, that O Line deficiency hurts - like yesterday.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 08:53 PM
Not True. Aaron Rodgers' and Aaron Jones' success is in spite of the O Line, not because of it. When you go against a top level D, that O Line deficiency hurts - like yesterday.

Gute put together this roster!!!! I’m the one that said it was mediocre at the beginning of all this and Aaron Rodgers covers up a lot of warts!!

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 08:56 PM
It’s pretty bad when I have friends texting me during the game from other cities and fans of other teams saying “That’s really Your Kick Returner LOL?” Like we were supposed to be some elite team.

It’s Giant Fraud!!!

It one thing to have a “Feel Good Story” but at the hands of losing football games etc etc is just not worth it IMO! This is the NFL!! It’s Pay for Play.

MadtownPacker
11-23-2020, 09:08 PM
:
It’s pretty bad when I have friends texting me during the game from other cities and fans of other teams saying “That’s really Your Kick Returner LOL?” Like we were supposed to be some elite team.

It’s Giant Fraud!!!

It one thing to have a “Feel Good Story” but at the hands of losing football games etc etc is just not worth it IMO! This is the NFL!! It’s Pay for Play.What a panocha! Can’t you just not be on social media if it’s that embarrassing? :lol:

If the FBI calls about the threats I’m reporting you first!

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:58 PM
:What a panocha! Can’t you just not be on social media if it’s that embarrassing? :lol:

If the FBI calls about the threats I’m reporting you first!

Thats the thing. I’m one of the more relaxed fans regarding this disaster Gute and company have built. I was hoping for the best like anyone else but I knew these guys weren’t good enough and had my expectations adjusted appropriately. I was not shocked one bit by this loss. I even told RG before game I was betting against the trends but oh well. Not doing it again with these jokers the rest of the way.

They can’t be trusted in any big game period!! PRETENDERS!!

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 10:02 PM
Nobody needs to threaten the Packers.

They are HARMLESS!! LOL

Upnorth
11-24-2020, 12:01 PM
We lost in over time to one of the best teams in the league in there house after turning the ball over 4 times. Lets all take a step back from the ledge. We look better after this game than after the Jacksonville game imo.

If we lose to the bears then freak the f out but let's r e l a x for one week.

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2020, 12:10 PM
Exactly

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 03:49 PM
Keep telling yourself that! Go back then and “Beat Teams That Won’t Make The Playoffs” and build back up this FALSE REALITY just to go back and get beat once again by a PLAYOFF TEAM all over again!!

If you must do this to yourself then sure.

run pMc
11-24-2020, 06:28 PM
We lost in over time to one of the best teams in the league in there house after turning the ball over 4 times. Lets all take a step back from the ledge. We look better after this game than after the Jacksonville game imo.

If we lose to the bears then freak the f out but let's r e l a x for one week.

Agree.
FWIW, I still have the suspicion Brandon is actually pb pretending to be a troll.

Upnorth
11-25-2020, 07:01 AM
Agree.
FWIW, I still have the suspicion Brandon is actually pb pretending to be a troll.

I'm miss pb. Solid posts. Who is Brandon?

run pMc
11-25-2020, 07:37 AM
I'm miss pb. Solid posts. Who is Brandon?

GB-Brandon. Or were you answering a Jeopardy question? RIP Alex Trebek.

Harlan Huckleby
11-25-2020, 11:27 AM
RIP pb

Upnorth
11-25-2020, 01:14 PM
GB-Brandon. Or were you answering a Jeopardy question? RIP Alex Trebek.

Run pmc, No. Just forgot.

Harlan do you know something about pb????

bobblehead
11-25-2020, 02:35 PM
Thats the thing. I’m one of the more relaxed fans regarding this disaster Gute and company have built. I was hoping for the best like anyone else but I knew these guys weren’t good enough and had my expectations adjusted appropriately. I was not shocked one bit by this loss. I even told RG before game I was betting against the trends but oh well. Not doing it again with these jokers the rest of the way.

They can’t be trusted in any big game period!! PRETENDERS!!

Yet you claimed you bet the packers on the ML. Rewrite history if you want, but the internet is a recording bitch. I said I expected to lose and I bet Indy laying the points. You are wrong as usual.

bobblehead
11-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Agree.

Wait, Pb is clown shoes? It would be funny, but I doubt it. He hasn't told me the running game is irrelevant yet.

Harlan Huckleby
11-25-2020, 03:21 PM
Run pmc, No. Just forgot.

Harlan do you know something about pb????

nah, I was just joking.

The all-time funniest joke ever at Packerrats was when somebody
left or threatened to leave the forum and somebody else posted
a picture of Lenin lying in state. I just remembered whose
joke it was - Swede! Swede was hilarious. He and pbmax
must be together in packerrats heaven.

https://www.calvertjournal.com/images/uploads/features/2017/05/Revisiting_Revolution/lenin_corpse/1_3sal_youtube_2.png

GB-Brandon
11-25-2020, 07:18 PM
Yet you claimed you bet the packers on the ML. Rewrite history if you want, but the internet is a recording bitch. I said I expected to lose and I bet Indy laying the points. You are wrong as usual.

Wrong as usual? I posted that I was “Betting Against my trends” and taking the Packers ML. It was a mistake I don’t make all to often anymore but went with my heart and lost. Not the end of the world. More of final validation that this team is just some front runner pretender which I said from the beginning which would make me “1000 Percent Correct” for those keeping score actually!!!

GB-Brandon
11-25-2020, 07:26 PM
If people are gonna continue to mis-quote me on “My History Of Posting” and twist things around then I won’t post here anymore and I won’t reveal whats coming. I don’t have to give all this knowledge for free!!!!

I’m trying to help out.

RashanGary
11-25-2020, 07:35 PM
The refs were for the Packers. No doubt. I made the right bet and so did Brandon.

bobblehead
11-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Wrong as usual? I posted that I was “Betting Against my trends” and taking the Packers ML. It was a mistake I don’t make all to often anymore but went with my heart and lost. Not the end of the world. More of final validation that this team is just some front runner pretender which I said from the beginning which would make me “1000 Percent Correct” for those keeping score actually!!!

You just claimed my post was 100% true. You bet packers on the ML. That was the entire point of my post. How am I wrong? I was right. I bet Indy. You were wrong. You bet the Packers. You are consistently wrong about most things.

bobblehead
11-26-2020, 10:00 AM
The refs were for the Packers. No doubt. I made the right bet and so did Brandon.

But you lost if you bet the Packers. How is that the right bet?

bobblehead
11-26-2020, 10:09 AM
I have actually decided to go against “All Trends” on this one too and place with the Packers. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

Browns and Packers ML today.

Lol...tell me how I am wrong. Please enlighten me. You laid what? -220 on the browns. Big play on a home favorite playing a bad team from another conference...but then you botched it with the Packers...a team playing a very good team in their house from another conference.

Enlighten me with your big ML plays this week. I like the home dog Lions today on the ML. Also think Denver has a very good chance to knock off "serious contender" Saints on sunday. Thats a nice little dog parlay that pays over 5.5 to 1.

GB-Brandon
11-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Lol...tell me how I am wrong. Please enlighten me. You laid what? -220 on the browns. Big play on a home favorite playing a bad team from another conference...but then you botched it with the Packers...a team playing a very good team in their house from another conference.

Enlighten me with your big ML plays this week. I like the home dog Lions today on the ML. Also think Denver has a very good chance to knock off "serious contender" Saints on sunday. Thats a nice little dog parlay that pays over 5.5 to 1.

Your such a JACK ASS!!!!!!

Bet Details:
WON: 367 USC -2½ (-110) (NCAA FB) Score: 33-17
WON: 416 Auburn (-370) (NCAA FB) Score: 30-17
WON: 452 Browns (-140) (NFL) Score: 22-17
LOST: 461 Packers (+105) (NFL) Score: 31-34

RashanGary
11-26-2020, 01:28 PM
But you lost if you bet the Packers. How is that the right bet?

Because it was for the right reason and will win money over time. Trust the process.

RashanGary
11-26-2020, 01:31 PM
I've lucked out on bad bets and got bad beat by good bets.

Once you start understanding the refs rig games (albeit not perfect in execution all of the time) you realize that the NFL is nothing like pure sports where the better team usually wins and the single greatest factor in NFL football games is referees.

Once you know that, winning becomes much more probable.

RashanGary
11-26-2020, 01:35 PM
I came away incredibly impressed with Rivers and that whole team. They had awful call after awful call and never lost composure. They beat the Packers and the refs, a very tall task.

Great team, but they can only take so much referee pummelings and come out on top. It's hard to piece together the NFL goals. Gambling is a big part of it. But there might be other factors that influence their decision making on where to make changes in outcomes.

I can't say I know what they're doing and why all of the time. All I can say with a fair amount of certainty, is that it's rigged.

GB-Brandon
11-26-2020, 01:41 PM
It’s about “Value” and “Trends” and “Probabilities”.

I’ll take Value every time!!!

Give me Aaron Rodgers at +105!!! They should of pulled it off!!

bobblehead
11-26-2020, 03:27 PM
Because it was for the right reason and will win money over time. Trust the process.

I suspect I was betting sports when you were in grade school. I know some of the best sharps on the planet. I agree its a process. Hell, I just ate ass on Detroit, but it was the right play I believe. But honestly, Indy was where the smart money was.

I do like discussing bets...ahead of time, not the 3 winners I never saw Brandon mention til now.

Bretsky
11-26-2020, 03:59 PM
I came away incredibly impressed with Rivers and that whole team. They had awful call after awful call and never lost composure. They beat the Packers and the refs, a very tall task.

Great team, but they can only take so much referee pummelings and come out on top. It's hard to piece together the NFL goals. Gambling is a big part of it. But there might be other factors that influence their decision making on where to make changes in outcomes.

I can't say I know what they're doing and why all of the time. All I can say with a fair amount of certainty, is that it's rigged.

Is Indy really a "great" team ? Are they near elite ? I don't think of them as a team that can truly challenge for the SB

HarveyWallbangers
11-26-2020, 04:03 PM
Texans win is looking a bit better. They sucked with Bill OB, but are 4-3 under Crennel. Two of the losses by 3 and 6 points. Packers game is the only one they got dominated. Watson has played well since the coaching change, and they’ve gotten Cooks much more involved.

GB-Brandon
11-26-2020, 04:29 PM
Is Indy really a "great" team ? Are they near elite ? I don't think of them as a team that can truly challenge for the SB

Indy falls under the category that can play “Fast/Physical” which leads to the demise of the Packers 9 times out of 10.

HarveyWallbangers
11-26-2020, 04:55 PM
Watson with 18 TDs/2 ints in his last 7 games compared to 6/3 in his first 4 games. Cooks averaging under 35 yards/game in the first 4 compared to 85 yards/game since. Good for my fantasy football team. Too bad the Texans allowed BOB to ruin their future. Team has talent.

bobblehead
11-28-2020, 01:28 PM

Only 2 teams on each side "seriously" challenge for the Owl each year. Only one wins. I could see Indy in AFCC. I could see GB in the Owl. Indy is a real strong team. Better than early season darling Ravens. But KC and Pitt are clearly the class of the NFL this season.