PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds, Colts.

George Cumby
11-23-2020, 12:35 PM
Studs:

Packers first half.

Duds:

Packers second half, from the top down.

Packers fans for death threats to MVS. What. The. Fuck. Over?

Spaulding
11-23-2020, 02:53 PM
Studs:

Packers first half.

Duds:

Agreed on the death threats. Makes me ashamed to be a Packers fan when I'm lumped in with those type of idiots. Oh well, you can't fix stupid can you.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 03:30 PM
Its going too far and obviously people wrapped up in fresh emotion. A lot of Bottled up frustration over this failed front office. I was out and about today and people are down and defeated with this regime. It felt like a playoff loss. There is definitely a mental acceptance that builds up with losing all these types of games over and over. For fans. For the players. For everyone.

Didn’t need to be this way. Very unfortunate.

run pMc
11-23-2020, 04:51 PM
Well they were 8-1 in one score games last year. Some regression to the mean was bound to happen. This actually doesn't feel that bad - losing to a 6-3 AFC team with a top defense isn't great, but it could have been much worse considering the turnovers and yards given up. The Minnesota loss felt much worse.

Studs: 1st half GB
Duds: 2nd half GB, turnovers, running game, rotten play call/execution on 4th and 1 with 3minutes to go. I can understand going for it, but that was an ugly play.
Kicking the FG might have led to a loss, but in a 3pt game that's ripe for second guessing.

Fritz
11-23-2020, 05:00 PM
Its going too far and obviously people wrapped up in fresh emotion. A lot of Bottled up frustration over this failed front office. I was out and about today and people are down and defeated with this regime. It felt like a playoff loss. There is definitely a mental acceptance that builds up with losing all these types of games over and over. For fans. For the players. For everyone.

Didn’t need to be this way. Very unfortunate.

Am I in a Detroit Lions forum by mistake?

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Well they were 8-1 in one score games last year. Some regression to the mean was bound to happen. This actually doesn't feel that bad - losing to a 6-3 AFC team with a top defense isn't great, but it could have been much worse considering the turnovers and yards given up. The Minnesota loss felt much worse.

Studs: 1st half GB
Duds: 2nd half GB, turnovers, running game, rotten play call/execution on 4th and 1 with 3minutes to go. I can understand going for it, but that was an ugly play.
Kicking the FG might have led to a loss, but in a 3pt game that's ripe for second guessing.

No way. This was yet another “Big Game” against “Playoff Competition.” You can minimize it all you want but the Packers aren’t getting it done in these type of games and sample size over all. It’s directly in proportion to the neglect they take in completing the roster and holding accountability. My God, it couldn’t be more obvious!!!

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 05:37 PM
Not only did the Packers Choke big time but they did it with the full support and power of the NFL and the referees backing them and trying to help them win.

This was a failure of biblical proportions!!!

Joemailman
11-23-2020, 05:38 PM

Brandon was kind of quiet for a while. Nothing like a Packer loss to get him fired up.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 06:19 PM
The fans need to take control of this situation. We pay for all this shit. Without us none of this shit is possible.

Enough is Enough!!!!!!

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2020, 08:27 PM
From a fan point of view, a close loss to a good team is less hard to take even though we shoulda won the game than for example, playing like crap and barely beating a rotten team like the Jags. On the other hand, Winning is the Only Thing. On the other other hand, we are still two full games ahead in the Division, and as likely as anybody for the #1 NFC seed.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 08:44 PM
From a fan point of view, a close loss to a good team is less hard to take even though we shoulda won the game than for example, playing like crap and barely beating a rotten team like the Jags. On the other hand, Winning is the Only Thing. On the other other hand, we are still two full games ahead in the Division, and as likely as anybody for the #1 NFC seed.

I disagree. We or LaFluer have a pattern of LOSING to a certain type of team. That is a team that can play Fast/Physical on defense and run the ball on offense. It goes all the way back to the San Diego game last year. This Colts game matched this criteria type game and we had EVERYTHING GO OUR WAY from an officiating stand point and still lost.

When you continue to lose this type of game to these type of teams it creates a “Mental Recall” and I don’t care what anybody says. I know this personally. As I’ve stated in other posts the Rams and Bucc’s and possibly the Cardinals present this same challenge to the Packers moving forward in the playoffs and they will ultimately have to overcome it at some point. Do you feel confident making that Bet they will? I sure Hell don’t!!! If anyone does their either lying or crazy!!

My main point is it didn’t have to be this way. Gute failed once again to secure the roster to give this team the best possible chance against these teams and its BULLSHIT!!

On top of all that were rolling with an incompetent DC!! It’s not happening this year!!

run pMc
11-23-2020, 09:04 PM

LOL
Quinn made this roster! It's all his fault!!! Stafford's talent is being ruined just like Megatron's and Barry's!!! We're all gonna die!!!

Help I'm locked in a glass case of emotion!!!

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:35 PM
LOL
Quinn made this roster! It's all his fault!!! Stafford's talent is being ruined just like Megatron's and Barry's!!! We're all gonna die!!!

Help I'm locked in a glass case of emotion!!!

And the acceptance of mediocrity continues because just about everything outside Aaron Rodgers and a handful of players is very Mediocre!

Big difference!!!

“Well We’re Not As Bad As Detroit At Least!!!!!”

Like i say they shouldn’t call this place Titiletown. The bar is extremely Low!!!!

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:39 PM
The Correct Attitude should be “Damn, Im tired of Getting My Ass Kicked And This Organization Stands For More Then That”

“Let’s Do Whatever We Need To Do To Get Even Faster And More Physical Then These Assholes”

Comparing ourselves to the Detroit Lions to find some relevance should never be the alternative!!!

texaspackerbacker
11-23-2020, 10:39 PM
I'd compare the Packers to everybody in the NFL in the most important category (IMO): total wins. Since 2000, the Packers are 4th. The Patriots are 1st, Steelers 2nd, and (surprisingly to me), Colts 3rd. Out of 32 teams, I'm not gonna complain too much about that.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 11:03 PM
I'd compare the Packers to everybody in the NFL in the most important category (IMO): total wins. Since 2000, the Packers are 4th. The Patriots are 1st, Steelers 2nd, and (surprisingly to me), Colts 3rd. Out of 32 teams, I'm not gonna complain too much about that.

Then maybe they should call it “4th in Total wins since 2000 Town” cause to me it’s false advertising. To spend millions and millions of dollars expanding a district and zone of a city predicated on a misleading theme that hasn’t delivered since 2010 doesn’t jive with me!!

Upnorth
11-24-2020, 06:29 AM
Studs:

Packers first half.

Duds:

This is 100% correct. I understand why there was no half time adjustment on our side, we were up 21-7 so just keep doing that. However once they shut us down why didntvwe pivot then?
Also from an emotional perspective the vikings loss and Jax win were more demoralizing than this for me.

Gotta fix the d. That many opportunities when they were in long yardage situations from indy penalties and not enough to show from it.

Bossman641
11-24-2020, 07:05 AM
Why are we ALWAYS playing off coverage??

run pMc
11-24-2020, 07:38 AM
Why are we ALWAYS playing off coverage??

Given they have corners who can press (King, Hollman) or matchup (Jaire, Sullivan) I'm not sure. They play the outside corners too far off, and their zone coverage are too soft. Against Indy they basically would get them to 3rd and long and then play prevent defense. That combined with iffy tackling lead to a number of third down conversions.

Best I can tell, it's the Pettine scheme. It was like this in his previous stops.

Bossman641
11-24-2020, 08:07 AM
Given they have corners who can press (King, Hollman) or matchup (Jaire, Sullivan) I'm not sure. They play the outside corners too far off, and their zone coverage are too soft. Against Indy they basically would get them to 3rd and long and then play prevent defense. That combined with iffy tackling lead to a number of third down conversions.

Best I can tell, it's the Pettine scheme. It was like this in his previous stops.

It's not even third down exclusive. Between soft run D and coverage cushions, I feel like teams can get themselves in favorable down and distances pretty easily against us.

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2020, 11:57 AM
The off-coverage may be a bend-don't-break thing - not giving up big plays, and bad as Pettine's scheme have been, that's one thing in their favor, not giving up many long TD passes. The need of DBs to help out that weak run D probably also has something to do with it.

runpMc, I'd disagree that King is good in press coverage. Honestly, I don't think he does anything very well, but he seems best at dropping back in a zone. I've always thought he might make a better Safety than Corner.

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 12:59 PM
King is “Very Average” and can’t stay healthy. BYE BYE to Kevin King. Let some team over pay him.

bobblehead
11-26-2020, 03:32 PM
King is “Very Average” and can’t stay healthy. BYE BYE to Kevin King. Let some team over pay him.

I agree and disagree. He is actually pretty good, but can't stay healthy. If he resigns in the $8 million range, we gotta keep him. If someone offers more then he walks. Personally I still want to spend 3 years at $24 million on Cory Davis and not draft a rookie. Rodgers will turn Davis into a star. He knows Flower. He was a top 5 pick who got stuck on a run first offense headed by Marriota. He flashes, but looks like a really good #2 who run blocks. Perfect fit.

Bretsky
11-26-2020, 03:57 PM
I agree and disagree. He is actually pretty good, but can't stay healthy. If he resigns in the $8 million range, we gotta keep him. If someone offers more then he walks. Personally I still want to spend 3 years at $24 million on Cory Davis and not draft a rookie. Rodgers will turn Davis into a star. He knows Flower. He was a top 5 pick who got stuck on a run first offense headed by Marriota. He flashes, but looks like a really good #2 who run blocks. Perfect fit.

I can buy into this; I'd rather have Davis than King.

And I do think KKing is pretty good when healthy; but it will never forgive the epic F'ck up of drafting him over TJ Watt

GB-Brandon
11-26-2020, 04:32 PM

Cory Davis is more then fine with me.

GB-Brandon
11-26-2020, 04:33 PM
I can buy into this; I'd rather have Davis than King.

And I do think KKing is pretty good when healthy; but it will never forgive the epic F'ck up of drafting him over TJ Watt

They drafted him over Joe Mixon too!!

GB-Brandon
11-26-2020, 04:36 PM
The Packers certainly can’t blame draft position. The players have been there. They have failed for such a team that prides itself at drafting so well and developing. They haven’t done well enough. That’s the bottom line.