PDA

View Full Version : Bears week discussion thread

RashanGary
11-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Well, we went from a worst case matchup to a best case.

Colts have a quick release qb who beats pressure with decisiveness and a wicked snap count. They have a really good OL, a good run game and generally do their damage with long drives of taking what the defense gives. An absolute worst case scenario for the Packers defense that basically takes away the big play and doesn’t do anything else particularly well. They also have a top notch defense.

The Bears are, offensively, quite the opposite. They don’t do anything well and will only win if they get some lucky big plays. That plays to our one glaring strength.

The reason the vaunted Bears defense is a good matchup for the Packers is the Packers have a top notch offense themselves. Lazard is back in the fold and should only get better as Rodgers builds that timing and trust back. Davante didn’t seem to have any set backs. Jones is rolling. The OL is cohesive. Tonyan looks like he’s the real deal. Williams, MVS and Mercedes have valuable role playing positions. I see the Packers offense about to peak. And at the right time.

Easy win if I ever saw one. The NFL loves Rodgers and his “mr safe guy” Allstate commercials in the dance. No way the refs fuck us in this one, just like they tried to hand us the Colts game, this one is a low risk ref fuck job.

Packers 30 Bears 13

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:04 PM
Another fraudulent win that tries to make people feel better about things giving false hope. Although the Bears defense can be tricky. I just don’t see the Bears offense being able to produce enough points. They have serious QB issues.

Should be an easy win. I’d lay the points here.

Mayhem
11-23-2020, 09:07 PM

Colts have a quick release qb who beats pressure with decisiveness and a wicked snap count. They have a really good OL, a good run game and generally do their damage with long drives of taking what the defense gives. An absolute worst case scenario for the Packers defense that basically takes away the big play and doesn’t do anything else particularly well. They also have a top notch defense.

The Bears are, offensively, quite the opposite. They don’t do anything well and will only win if they get some lucky big plays. That plays to our one glaring strength.

The reason the vaunted Bears defense is a good matchup for the Packers is the Packers have a top notch offense themselves. Lazard is back in the fold and should only get better as Rodgers builds that timing and trust back. Davante didn’t seem to have any set backs. Jones is rolling. The OL is cohesive. Tonyan looks like he’s the real deal. Williams, MVS and Mercedes have valuable role playing positions. I see the Packers offense about to peak. And at the right time.

Easy win if I ever saw one. The NFL loves Rodgers and his “mr safe guy” Allstate commercials in the dance. No way the refs fuck us in this one, just like they tried to hand us the Colts game, this one is a low risk ref fuck job.

Packers 30 Bears 13

I thought it was State Farm commerical with Jake from State Farm.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:10 PM

Packers 30 Bears 13

The Packers “Are The Packers” at this point. They aren’t “Getting Any Better.” We know what they are. It’s like “Exhibit A”, man. They show out a little bit against teams that LaFluer can scheme against their deficiencies and look like All-Stars. If they run into a team that plays Fast/Physical the Gigs Up and they get EXPOSED!!!

All your little Favs become liabilities!!

Friday Night Lights becomes a NIGHTMARE!!!

Mayhem
11-23-2020, 09:16 PM
You would think this could be an easy win, but I'm sure the Decatur Staleys will make it more difficult to win the game for the Packers.

run pMc
11-23-2020, 09:34 PM
Easy win if I ever saw one.

Slow your roll, there. Chicago has a bye to rest up and pick through all the weaknesses of GB on film.

Their offense is a mess - who will the QB be? - but their defense is rock solid and their special teams will outsmart Shawn Meningitis, especially if he sends 'Fumbles' Sheppard out there. Also, Corderelle Patterson is a threat. Khalil Mack and Co. will make it tough sledding for GB, but I think it can be done.
All bets are off with division games, but Rodgers generally is a Bears killer, and Gb is the more balanced and better team.

After the 2nd Minnesota game, I'm not assuming anything. The Packers should be favored to win this one, and as long as they don't turn the ball over I expect them to win a hard fought game. Beating CHI will give them a very big lead in the NFCN, so this is an important game.

GB-Brandon
11-23-2020, 09:45 PM
They have the defense to give this offense problems. That’s for sure.

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2020, 10:38 AM
Packers tried to sign Snacks Harrison yet again.

Report: Packers attempted to sign DL Snacks Harrison off Seahawks practice squad (https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/24/report-packers-attempted-to-sign-dl-snacks-harrison-off-seahawks-practice-squad/)

call_me_ishmael
11-24-2020, 10:40 AM
There's gotta be some other husky boies available on the free market, right? I am convinced they can do better than that stubby white guy they have - Lancaster I think. Mean Dean Lowry is not exceptional either.

Surely there are some former SEC linemen who aren't on NFL rosters right now, right?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-24-2020, 10:53 AM
There's gotta be some other husky boies available on the free market, right? I am convinced they can do better than that stubby white guy they have - Lancaster I think. Mean Dean Lowry is not exceptional either.

Surely there are some former SEC linemen who aren't on NFL rosters right now, right?

Edgar Allan Poe’s great, great, great grandson, Dontari.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-24-2020, 10:59 AM
This a good week to ship Shepherd back to the practice squad and promote Seth Rogers, err, Rohan, err, Roberts.

If Ervin can’t play, use St. Paul as the returner!

run pMc
11-24-2020, 11:37 AM
Agree on Shepard.
Poe is a 30 year old DT who is overweight and underperformed for DAL coming off a torn quad last year. The guy is still on the street for a reason -- he's done. There have to be better options than him.
I think St. Brown's got a knee that's giving him trouble. The best returners are shifty and fast... GB's tall WR's aren't both. Maybe they should put Njiman back there - would take 3 ppl to bring him down, plus the image of a big dude returning a kickoff would be gold.

Upnorth
11-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Agree on Shepard.
Poe is a 30 year old DT who is overweight and underperformed for DAL coming off a torn quad last year. The guy is still on the street for a reason -- he's done. There have to be better options than him.
I think St. Brown's got a knee that's giving him trouble. The best returners are shifty and fast... GB's tall WR's aren't both. Maybe they should put Njiman back there - would take 3 ppl to bring him down, plus the image of a big dude returning a kickoff would be gold.

What about dillion as the return man! It would be like bowling pins scattering in front of the legs.

Seriously though I think the bears give us a tough game. They have a great d like always and we have been playing down to the competition of late it seems.

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2020, 12:14 PM
The guy we need back there is Valdez-Scantling or maybe Malik Turner.

Tony Oday
11-24-2020, 01:09 PM
Fire Zook!

CaptainKickass
11-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Shawn Meningitis.

Nice!

Joemailman
11-24-2020, 01:46 PM
What about dillion as the return man! It would be like bowling pins scattering in front of the legs.

Seriously though I think the bears give us a tough game. They have a great d like always and we have been playing down to the competition of late it seems.

In the past, the Packers used both Dorsey Levens and Najeh Davenport to return kickoffs. They weren't bad either.

run pMc
11-24-2020, 03:00 PM
The guy we need back there is Valdez-Scantling or maybe Malik Turner.

Turner maybe, MVS no. He's a long strider/build up speed guy - I don't think he's got the quick feet and moves you'd like to see in return guys. He definitely has the long speed for it though. Do you trust his hands?

Dillon would be interesting. Is he still out with COVID, or is he in the doghouse? It's mid-season, you want to your rookies to start getting snaps and developing. Plus, with some of these likely bad weather games he'd be awesome to bring in and pound a defense with.

run pMc
11-24-2020, 03:02 PM
In the past, the Packers used both Dorsey Levens and Najeh Davenport to return kickoffs. They weren't bad either.

I know they've put Jamaal back there, he isn't anything special though. It's weird that they don't really feel like they have good candidates for returns and jet sweeps besides Ervin. That role could easily be replaced with a Mecole Hardman-type draft pick WR IMO.

smuggler
11-24-2020, 03:20 PM
I'll be pretty disappointed if the Bears keep it close. They are not on the same level as the Packers. That said, it's a divisional game, so we might actually lose. Who knows?

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 03:21 PM
This is the type of game they win to continue to perpetuate the Fraud!!

run pMc
11-25-2020, 11:05 AM
The Bears on Monday placed veteran safety Eddie Jackson on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Nagy being coy on who will start at QB. Both Foles and Mitch are "progressing". The injury report will be interesting.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-26-2020, 12:09 PM
Packers claimed 6’4” 350 lbs DT Anthony Rush!

RashanGary
11-27-2020, 12:59 PM
Looks like MVS is out. Lizard and ESB are getting their feet back on the ground finally. Still, MVS is the NFL leading deep producing WR. He'll be missed. But...... Not so sure we were gonna have the time to throw 50+ bombs anyway, so its another injury at the perfect time. We won't feel it this week. And weirdly, all of our injuries seemed to come at good times. Kinda lucky season so far.

Tony Oday
11-27-2020, 02:16 PM
Bring in Stills!

Mitchy is the starting bears QB

Anti-Polar Bear
11-27-2020, 02:30 PM
Looks like MVS is out. Lizard and ESB are getting their feet back on the ground finally. Still, MVS is the NFL leading deep producing WR. He'll be missed. But...... Not so sure we were gonna have the time to throw 50+ bombs anyway, so its another injury at the perfect time. We won't feel it this week. And weirdly, all of our injuries seemed to come at good times. Kinda lucky season so far.

What the fuck is wrong with MVS? Did he injure his ego while fumbling away the Jackass game?

Btw, death threats to athletes are lame. In my wretched existence, only shit I look forward to is the Pack on any given Sunday. If anyone deserves to send out death threats, it’s moi. Yet, I don’t, b/c, death threats are lame.

As a teenager, I did email a local sportswriter an angry letter after he wrote that Air Jordan wasn’t the GOAT. I was like, yo, you ain’t know whatcha babbling about. 6 rings. Last shot as a Male Cow won the Last Dance. Jordan was a sellout, but he hooped in greatness.

RashanGary
11-27-2020, 03:14 PM
Mvs tweaked his Achilles. I like keeping him out. ESB seems to be moving well, finally. He looks explosive for a big guy. Lizard is bound to be better. Adams is Adams.

Down the stretch, it will be nice to have MVS running decoy go routes with Adams, Lizard and Tonyan getting nice underneath looks. This offense is gonna be great, but the Bears defense will probably make them look good. Looking good against a great defense is greatness.

RashanGary
11-27-2020, 03:17 PM
A few things I appreciate about MVS

1. His deep ball talent. Elite there
2. His run blocking. Shockingly effective and consistent
3. Everyone on the team loves the kid.
4. Does alright with crossers

Definitely not a complete player. Very far from that in that short to medium routes, most of them, he's poor at and contested catches in those short to medium are even worse. But with everyone back, you love having him in some packages for long field situations. Just gotta make sure it's a long field and you have reliable underneath guys to open up the playbook because you can't count on him to do those things at all.

RashanGary
11-27-2020, 03:20 PM
On a long field, with MVS and Adams on the field, I think it becomes a lot easier to call plays too. You know they want deep help over MVS and Adams so you know you're gonna get 7 man boxes almost all of the time with 12 dropping 60 yard bombs in a basketball hoop sized hole regularly as of late.

Joemailman
11-27-2020, 05:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En3H15mXcAEpDby?format=jpg&name=medium

Joemailman
11-27-2020, 05:15 PM
Looks like Trubisky.

texaspackerbacker
11-27-2020, 06:28 PM
I'd rather the Packers face Foles.

Fritz
11-28-2020, 07:44 AM

Since the Packers' special teams don't block for crap, I would agree with putting AJ "Marshall" Dillon back on returns. He runs straight ahead, gets maybe five or ten yards on a punt return, gets short kickoffs back to the twenty or twenty-five, and leave it at that. At least he won't dance around and lose yards, or fumble (I don't think), or make stupid decisions (okay, I don't know that at all).

But the Packers' special teams has been pretty bad. I don't know why it's such a struggle to put together a competent special teams unit for this organization. Not even good. Just competent. Mikey's ST's were notoriously poor, and this year's unit seems destined for another bottom-of-the-league ranking by the Dallas paper that does that every year.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-28-2020, 08:53 AM
A few things I appreciate about MVS

1. His deep ball talent. Elite there
2. His run blocking. Shockingly effective and consistent
3. Everyone on the team loves the kid.
4. Does alright with crossers

Definitely not a complete player. Very far from that in that short to medium routes, most of them, he's poor at and contested catches in those short to medium are even worse. But with everyone back, you love having him in some packages for long field situations. Just gotta make sure it's a long field and you have reliable underneath guys to open up the playbook because you can't count on him to do those things at all.

You forgot something: MVS ain’t DK Metcalf.

Sparkey
11-28-2020, 03:00 PM
My fear is the Bears run a load of RPOs with Mitchell. It is really the one thing he does decently. Plus with the Packers run defense, why wouldn't you put pressure on the outside of GBs defense ?

RashanGary
11-28-2020, 05:27 PM
Covid cases appear to be dropping in Wisconsin. Other parts of the country on the rise. Hope we make it out of this thing with a few more freebie wins

RashanGary
11-28-2020, 05:34 PM
500 fans in the stands this week, right?