PDA

View Full Version : Official NFC Playoff Standings Thread - 6 Weeks To Go

Joemailman
11-24-2020, 09:03 AM
Division Winners

1. New Orleans Saints 8-2
2. Los Angeles Rams 7-3 Head to head tie-breaker over Seattle/Better conference winning pct. than Green Bay
3. Green Bay Packers 7-3
4. Philadelphia Eagles 3-6-1
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Wild Cards

5. Seattle Seahawks 7-3
6. Tampa Bay Bucs 7-4
7. Arizona Cardinals 6-4

Outside Looking In

8. Chicago Bears 5-5
9. Minnesota Vikings 4-6 Head to head tie-breaker over Detroit/Better conference
winning pct. than San Francisco
10. Detroit Lions 4-6 Better conference winning pct. than San Francisco
11. San Francisco 49ers 4-6
12. Carolina Panthers 4-7
13. New York Giants 3-7 Head to head tiebreaker over Dallas and Washington/Better
conference winning pct. than Atlanta
14. Washington FT 3-7 Head to head tiebreaker over Dallas/Better conference winning
pct. than Atlanta
15. Dallas Cowboys 3-7 Head to head tie-breaker over Atlanta
16. Atlanta Falcons 3-7

Top 3 positions all changed this week.

NFC East race is a glorious mess.

Key Week 12 Games

Washington at Dallas
New York Giants at Cincinnati
Arizona at New England
New Orleans at Denver
San Francisco at Los Angeles Rams
Kansas City at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Green Bay
Seattle at Philadelphia

Zool
11-24-2020, 09:35 AM
Will the Eagles be 6-9-1 and in the post season?

Anti-Polar Bear
11-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You fucking kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another mama-fucking game!

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 11:36 AM
I see two teams we can beat on this list.

#FraudShow!!!

Upnorth
11-24-2020, 11:46 AM
So long as we don't pull the Rams or Arizona in the first round im confident we will see the second round. Bucs d isn't close to what it was when we played them plus there turn overs are up. We handled the Saints with brees so with hill we should still even though they have Thomas. With Alexander we only have one receiver in Seattle that is good. That will be a high scoring affair if we meet them in the playoffs..
I don't know about rams or the catds though....

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2020, 12:08 PM
We're still way too early for these standings to mean much. We were on top briefly, great but mostly meaningless. Now we are back in third. BFD. The biggest factor ultimately is strength of remaining schedule, and the Packers have a fairly good situation there.

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 03:25 PM
We’re good if we can play Philly three times. Otherwise it’s OVER!!!

smuggler
11-24-2020, 03:26 PM

6 wins might even be optimistic

Zool
11-24-2020, 03:28 PM

It would literally be them playing better than they have all season.

GB-Brandon
11-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Four of Philly’s losses came to

Rams
Steelers
Ravens
Browns

I’m quite certain the Packers stack up 4 losses there too. Eagles could very easily beat Packers when they play in a few weeks as they have gotten healthy.

Joemailman
11-24-2020, 04:22 PM
Of all the NFCE teams, the Giants are actually playing the best right now. 3 wins and 2 losses by a total of 3 points in their last 5 games. But after playing he Bengals this week, their schedule is pretty tough: at Seattle, vs. Arizona, vs. Cleveland, at Baltimore, vs. Dallas.

texaspackerbacker
11-24-2020, 07:51 PM
The tough part of the Eagles schedule is coming up - Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, Arizona, Dallas. The Cowboys have a fairly easy schedule - only one tough game remaining. By the time the Eagles play Dallas, they will be so far down that a win won't even bring them close. Ditto that for the Giants, who play Seattle, Arizona, Cleveland, and Baltimore, as Joe said, before playing the Cowboys.

RashanGary
11-25-2020, 07:26 PM
Giants or cowboys gonna win that division. Eagles schedule won't allow them to win.

GB-Brandon
11-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Giants or cowboys gonna win that division. Eagles schedule won't allow them to win.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. I would not be surprised at all if the Eagles beat the Seahawks or Packers. They are conditioned against “Better Competition.”

RashanGary
11-25-2020, 07:37 PM
I saw that cluster fuck of a division right away and bet on the giants at +1700 to win the division. Looking smart. But I'm a giants fan and I hope to hell they don't win so they get a better draft pick.

Bretsky
11-26-2020, 04:04 PM
Does the Giants at plus 1700.................what does that mean ? For a dollar bet you get 1700 ?

HarveyWallbangers
11-26-2020, 05:02 PM
I saw that cluster fuck of a division right away and bet on the giants at +1700 to win the division. Looking smart. But I'm a giants fan and I hope to hell they don't win so they get a better draft pick.

I think the winner of this Thanksgiving game is the favorite. The Giants and Eagles have brutal schedules. Dallas has the easiest, but the Skins would be up a game with the tiebreaker over Dallas if they can win. 6 wins may win the division.

Airin' Rodgers
11-27-2020, 12:01 AM
Does the Giants at plus 1700.................what does that mean ? For a dollar bet you get 1700 ?

$100 bet. 17-1.

smuggler
11-27-2020, 10:15 AM

AR already answered, but I'll do so also. If you bet $100 on the Giants to win, and they do, you win $1700 and get your original bet back.

If you bet on a favorite, say at -1700, it means you need to risk $1700 to win $100 and your wager back, if the favorite wins.

I've made five wagers this season and won all five. I'm up $1200. But I usually bet the spread, not moneyline (straight up).

Joemailman
11-29-2020, 10:47 PM
Packers #2 seed, pending Seattle game Monday night. Believe Seattle will have #2 seed if they win.

HarveyWallbangers
11-29-2020, 11:02 PM
Packers #2 seed, pending Seattle game Monday night. Believe Seattle will have #2 seed if they win.

If we go 12-4 and our only remaining loss is vs. Tennesee, I think we are #2 seed if we tie Seattle--unless their one loss is to the Jets.

RashanGary
11-29-2020, 11:47 PM
Let’s hope the Saints drop 2 (and they easily could) and just nab the 1 seed!

Joemailman
11-30-2020, 08:52 AM
With Arizona loss, Vikings only 1 game out of last playoff spot.

SudsMcBucky
11-30-2020, 09:42 AM
Let’s hope the Saints drop 2 (and they easily could) and just nab the 1 seed!

Why would they need to drop 2? We're only 1 game back and we beat them head-to-head.

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 10:21 AM
Why would they need to drop 2? We're only 1 game back and we beat them head-to-head.

Oh yeah, oops. My mind flipped that on me. They gonna lose 1!

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 10:32 AM
Saints probably have a 55 percent chance at the 1 seed. The Packers maybe 30%. And Seahawks maybe 15%

texaspackerbacker
11-30-2020, 01:25 PM
If the Saints lose to Kansas City and the Packers win out and nobody else in the NFC has just 3 losses, I'm pretty sure the Packers win it on head to head. That to me is the most likely scenario.

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 11:34 PM

I'm not sure..... Conference record would be same number of losses and strength of victory would go to GB

Joemailman
12-01-2020, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure..... Conference record would be same number of losses and strength of victory would go to GB

Seahawks have tie-breaker over Packers based on strength of victory.

texaspackerbacker
12-01-2020, 01:32 AM
True, but each only has one tough game left: Seattle against the Rams and the Packers against the Titans. I can't help thinking we win ours and a good chance they lose theirs.

Guiness
12-01-2020, 01:47 AM

It would literally be them playing better than they have all season.

You confuse me Zool. Which view do you hold?

Eagles have 2 divisional games left so 5 wins is well within their reach. 6, well...no.

I think the Cowboys take it. They have 2 divisional games and the added bonus of playing the Bengals and 49ers. They'll be the only one to 6 wins. Only one divisional game left for WFT and Giants.

RashanGary
12-01-2020, 09:39 AM

Eagles have 2 divisional games left so 5 wins is well within their reach. 6, well...no.

I think the Cowboys take it. They have 2 divisional games and the added bonus of playing the Bengals and 49ers. They'll be the only one to 6 wins. Only one divisional game left for WFT and Giants.

My son is a giants fan, so I'm a giants fan. We hope it's the cowboys because schedule kills eagles. Giants and cowboys easiest schedules. Like I said, we want the draft pick and are rooting cowboys

RashanGary
12-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Giants gonna be really good next year. If saquon works his tail off recovering, that's a big add. The OL is young but up and coming. They have a bunch of easy expensive cuts with low dead money. Solder is high dead money but still a cut. Lots of room for the up coming covid free agent flurry. Danny Dimes gonna me much improved. Good chemistry with those two solid young WR's developing. Defense needs some work but they have some pieces too. Giants gonna be playoff team next year!

Upnorth
12-01-2020, 10:28 AM
True, but each only has one tough game left: Seattle against the Rams and the Packers against the Titans. I can't help thinking we win ours and a good chance they lose theirs.

So the team that handled the colts that we lost to and whose biggest strenght is our biggest weakness will some how be easy to beat???

Joemailman
12-01-2020, 10:43 AM
So the team that handled the colts that we lost to and whose biggest strenght is our biggest weakness will some how be easy to beat???

It's a week to week league more than any year I can remember. When Tampa Bay beat up on the Packers, I thought they looked like the class of the NFC. They're 3-3 since.

smuggler
12-01-2020, 11:39 AM
Hard to believe there might be an 11-loss division winner. Hilarious but at the same time nightmare fuel for a league that wants to keep division championships meaningful.

texaspackerbacker
12-01-2020, 12:48 PM
The Colts are hot and cold/feast and famine. We caught them hot, in the second half anyway. The Titans have been trending downward until last week. Hard to say what they will be when we play them, but I can't help thinking they are a good matchup for the Packers.

Upnorth
12-01-2020, 01:08 PM
The Colts are hot and cold/feast and famine. We caught them hot, in the second half anyway. The Titans have been trending downward until last week. Hard to say what they will be when we play them, but I can't help thinking they are a good matchup for the Packers.

Good for them I assume you mean. They can virtually abandon the pass especially if they have any early game scoring success. We need a 14 point first quarter lead to possibly survive imo.

smuggler
12-01-2020, 01:19 PM
They gave up 14 first quarter points to the Colts, and our offense is noticeably better than the Colts' O.

RashanGary
12-01-2020, 05:49 PM
They gave up 14 first quarter points to the Colts, and our offense is noticeably better than the Colts' O.

Bad matchup. Great run offense and a secondary that is veteran and smart. Rodgers doesn't play as well against teams who mask coverages well presnap and typically it's the experienced secondaries that can hold their water presnap and then make him hold the ball

Zool
12-01-2020, 07:40 PM

I was wondering if a 6-9-1 record could get a team into the playoffs. Then I realized they would have to play better to even get there.

RashanGary
12-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Do we have an official 5 weeks to go? We’re #2 seed as of now, right?

Joemailman
12-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Do we have an official 5 weeks to go? We’re #2 seed as of now, right?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31732-Official-NFC-Playoff-Standings-Thread-5-Weeks-To-Go

HarveyWallbangers
12-01-2020, 11:01 PM
If I added it up correctly, the opponents the Packers have beaten have 37 wins and the opponents the Seahawks have beaten have 38 wins, so it's really close. The rest of Seattle's opponents have 20 wins and the Packers opponents have 24 wins, so there's a good chance that the Packers will pass the Seahawks--unless the Seahawks beat the Rams and the Packers lose to the Titans. However, if the Packers lose to the Titans (and still tie the Seahawks), it's likely the Packers will finish with a better conference record.

As far as the Saints, they have an easy schedule. However, they play the Chiefs. It would be really nice if the Saints lost to the Falcons this weekend. Minus Brees, it's not out of the question.

Hoping the Falcons and Chiefs beat the Saints + Seahawks loss to the Rams. If that happened, it's likely the Packers get #1 seed by going 4-1--with the loss being the Titans.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-02-2020, 01:24 PM
Hoping the Falcons and Chiefs beat the Saints + Seahawks loss to the Rams. If that happened, it's likely the Packers get #1 seed by going 4-1--with the loss being the Titans.

That would be the definition of fraud, Packers-speaking.

Gotta go 5-0, including a victory over the Tennessee Tyrants!

Upnorth
12-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Would love to see 5-0. 13-3 two years running.

Actually make that 8-0...

bobblehead
12-02-2020, 04:12 PM
The NFL fucked us by making Denver play that game with no QB. It was petty punishment because the NFL wants to look tough on masks. Honestly if I were a team I would pay a spy to catch the opposing teams QB without a mask before a playoff game.

But back to how it fucked the packers. Winning out of conference on the road is no easy feat. On any schedule its likely to be two very tough games. The NFL decided that they would hand N.O. a win. No other way to say it. Denver was forced to forfeit that game and it could cost the packers the #1 seed when the season ends.

smuggler
12-02-2020, 06:02 PM
Broncos should have just refused to play. Why bother risking your players in a game you're precluded from competing to win?

Joemailman
12-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Broncos should have just refused to play. Why bother risking your players in a game you're precluded from competing to win?

There would have been severe consequences, whether it was owner refusing to put team out there, or players with a wildcat strike.

smuggler
12-02-2020, 10:11 PM
Worse consequences than a forfeit? Seems stupid, since refusing to play in the game comes with the built-in punishment of a loss. But, then against no one ever accused the Nazi Football League big brains of being smart, just wealthy.

Joemailman
12-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Worse consequences than a forfeit? Seems stupid, since refusing to play in the game comes with the built-in punishment of a loss. But, then against no one ever accused the Nazi Football League big brains of being smart, just wealthy.

I could see the NFL taking away 1/16th of a team's television revenue if they refuse to put their team on the field for a game.

smuggler
12-02-2020, 11:29 PM
Why? Was there no game broadcast in that time slot? If it were a SNF or a MNF game, I could definitely see that being the case. This was a normal afternoon game.

Revenue lost from the Saints/Broncos game would be rather negligible. In fact, any region that was forced into broadcasting that game rather than a more competitive one may have caused a DROP in ratings. If there were fans in the stands, there would be actual, certifiable loss of revenue. Because of COVID, not having the game may have actually saved on overhead and resulted in less LOSS for the league or at least the hosting team.