PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

Charles Woodson
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM
currently on the ESPN pole of who will have the first pick of the NFL 2007 draft, the Radiers and the Packers are both tied at 50... depressing

Tony Oday
09-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Sweet we are number #1 at something!

packers11
09-12-2006, 06:21 PM
look @ the power rankings... cute huh.... 32nd ... HAHAHAHAHA ESPN HATES THE PACKERS....
On a good note, if we get first pick we could trade it for 2 second picks , then trade that for 4 third picks, trade that for 8 fourth picks, and then max out on fifth round picks....

We will take the whole fifth round, we might find a few gems in the fifth round.... :mrgreen:

gbpackfan
09-12-2006, 06:38 PM
What do you expect. We got blown out at home on Sunday. We didnt even score any points! 32 sounds about right to me.

Tony Oday
09-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Atleast we arent 33!

ahaha
09-12-2006, 06:41 PM
The Raiders managed only 129 total yards of offense. 62 of those yards came on their final drive against 2nd string defenders. They allowed 9 sacks!!! They got torched by the run, and couldn't stop Phillip Rivers during the few times he passed. At least the Packers can say they did a few things (rushing D and rushing O) decently. The Raiders were awful at everything, except maybe their punter. If any team can claim they had a worse first week, it's the Raiders.

mraynrand
09-12-2006, 06:58 PM
The Raiders managed only 129 total yards of offense. 62 of those yards came on their final drive against 2nd string defenders. They allowed 9 sacks!!! They got torched by the run, and couldn't stop Phillip Rivers during the few times he passed. At least the Packers can say they did a few things (rushing D and rushing O) decently. The Raiders were awful at everything, except maybe their punter. If any team can claim they had a worse first week, it's the Raiders.

I was down on the O-gameplan and some of the playcalling, but the Packers will improve. And not just because right now it looks like it can't get any worse!

No Mo Moss
09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
So what. These are the same people that say Carolina will win the Superbowl, and maybe they will, yet how many of these prognasticators stood up and were held accountable for picking them to beat the Falcons.......ZERO. They know as little as we do. That's why you play the games.

ND72
09-12-2006, 07:10 PM
my favorite line, was by Mike Ditka last season...."Hell I'm no expert, and non of these idiots here are experts either. They are bunch of idiots with opinions based on facts and figures. Experts are the ones you watch play and coach the game. Expert...that's crap."

Holofamer
09-13-2006, 02:56 AM
ND72, I have to steal that line for my sig. :wink:

Fritz
09-13-2006, 06:46 AM
For once I agree with Mike Ditka. I've cut way, way down on my sports talk show listening because it's just people blabbing. The "experts" that are interviewed, and the hosts, who are supposed to be experts, don't know any more than you or I.

chewy-bacca
09-13-2006, 07:48 AM
didnt the Bucs get shutout? why do they rank 21st? This whole thing is a traveshamockery!

wist43
09-13-2006, 07:49 AM
National reporters usually get it wrong... blowhards.

That said, they're right about the Packers for the most part... this is a bad football team. Yes, it's a young team and they'll improve as the season goes on; but, right now the Packers are, in fact, one of the two or three worst teams in the NFL.

I hardly think that's a revelation.

No Mo Moss
09-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Half of the league lost this weekend. The Packers lost to one of the better teams in the league. To say that proves them to be one of the worst in the league makes no sense to me. It may prove to be true, but holds little water right now. A team like NO pulls one through against the browns and suddenly they're world beaters?

havanother
09-13-2006, 09:13 AM
I have to laugh, :crazy: after one week we all argue about who sucks worse. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Tony Oday
09-13-2006, 09:20 AM

That said, they're right about the Packers for the most part... this is a bad football team. Yes, it's a young team and they'll improve as the season goes on; but, right now the Packers are, in fact, one of the two or three worst teams in the NFL.

Bugerfligel! Stop with the F'ing negativity! We should make a board just for Wist and call it the Our Team sucks board! C'Mon we are the best football team in Green Bay! We don't have to wear purple, we dont have Millen as a GM and we dont have to Claim the Fridge as an ex player. There are a lot of good things about this team and after we go on a nice little 5 game run you will come around! :beat:

No Mo Moss
09-13-2006, 09:22 AM

Bugerfligel! Stop with the F'ing negativity! We should make a board just for Wist and call it the Our Team sucks board! C'Mon we are the best football team in Green Bay! We don't have to wear purple, we dont have Millen as a GM and we dont have to Claim the Fridge as an ex player. There are a lot of good things about this team and after we go on a nice little 5 game run you will come around! :beat:

There we go.

Zool
09-13-2006, 10:49 AM

Bugerfligel! Stop with the F'ing negativity! We should make a board just for Wist and call it the Our Team sucks board! C'Mon we are the best football team in Green Bay! We don't have to wear purple, we dont have Millen as a GM and we dont have to Claim the Fridge as an ex player. There are a lot of good things about this team and after we go on a nice little 5 game run you will come around! :beat:Well its hard to argue that logic. One thing I will say for Wist, he's consistant and accurate most of the time.

Fosco33
09-13-2006, 10:56 AM
For once I agree with Mike Ditka. I've cut way, way down on my sports talk show listening because it's just people blabbing. The "experts" that are interviewed, and the hosts, who are supposed to be experts, don't know any more than you or I.

Is this only b/c the Packers are supposed to be a bad team? IOW, when the Packers were a good/great team, I bet you loved to hear them praise the team...

It's important to realize that regardless of the Packer's record year-to-year - the same experts will be talking bad about other bad teams and praising the ones the 'deserve' it. Frankly, since being around here for less than a year, I realize how lucky we really were to be around for those years. I also realize that sports writers don't know as much as they appear to and many of you/us here have a far deeper knowledge of the Packers and football in general.

Deputy Nutz
09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Is it too early to start debating who the Packers should take in the 2007 NFL Draft? I have a hard time not going Brady Quinn. I also like Ted Ginn JR. because he would be the best returner in the league, and a deep threat option as a WR. I still wouldn't take Ginn in the Top 10, unless he has a great year catching the rock and running crisp routes and beating coverage. I also like that defensive end from Georgia, Quentin Moses, but he is still a little wet behind the ears. I would also be high on Gaines Adams from Clemson, but I simply hate Clemson players, especially Clemson defensive linemen. but anyways if the Packers are picking high in the 2007 draft, I think they need to consider defensive end, quarterback, running back, and wide reciever. I know the offensive line is weak right now, but there has to be hope for guys like Spitz and Colledge, and even Moll. I don't see how drafting younger players for the offensive line is really going to help at this point. He have the talented youth, we just don't have any god damn experience.

Tony Oday
09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
take that WR out of ND I cant even attempt to spell his name :)

Deputy Nutz
09-13-2006, 12:32 PM
take that WR out of ND I cant even attempt to spell his name :)

His name is Jeff Samardzija, he is a white boy, and he is also a top rated starting pitcher in college baseball, so there are chances that he will give up football if he is drafted high in the MLB draft in June.

ahaha
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
If we're talking about an early first round pick, we're talking about drafting a possible difference maker. At this point, we really need a running back or a stud defensive lineman. Our D-line doesn't look that bad, but there are no potential superstars there. If we want a dominating defense in the future, we need a lineman (DE or DT) who can create havoc.

Holofamer
09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
This is who the Pack should get in the draft if they get lucky (or unlucky) enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ1xDBT1jM

jack's smirking revenge
09-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Does the opinions about the Pack from people outside of the Packer Nation really surprise anyone? They played like a team that should be ranked near the bottom of the league last week. Like Wist, I think the Pack will improve, but the negative press we're getting shouldn't raise any eyebrows.

tyler

pbmax
09-13-2006, 01:45 PM

I must stand in defense of brother wist. He earned my never ending gratitude when on the old JSO board he was the only one agreeing with me that the defenses ranking for last year was a pile of horsebleep.

This was after many of the clear eyed posters we see had left JSO in search of trouble free message boards.

wist must be heard, even if its damn depressing.

And the beating a dead horse graphic is the best. :mrgreen:

mission
09-13-2006, 02:27 PM

I must stand in defense of brother wist. He earned my never ending gratitude when on the old JSO board he was the only one agreeing with me that the defenses ranking for last year was a pile of horsebleep.

This was after many of the clear eyed posters we see had left JSO in search of trouble free message boards.

wist must be heard, even if its damn depressing.

And the beating a dead horse graphic is the best. :mrgreen:

had i been on that board, it would have been three of us (but ill save that potential argument). :mrgreen:

i dont disagree with espn at all... do i think the raiders are worse than us? yep. do i think we're going to get better. you bet!

but come on, we looked horrible against a good team. time will tell.

im in the 50/50 school that never wants my team to lose but something tells me that a 7 win season isn't really going to help anyone. except for, perhaps, my post-game alcohol problem when they lose. :razz:

4and12to12and4
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM
This is funny. Everyone here should have known we were going to have a hard time with DaBears Sunday. Their strength, the pass rush, is our weakness, our young offensive line. We will be fine. This loss was inevitable, but, as the season progresses, and our o-line learns the scheme and gels, we will be a very good second half team, and the addition of Robinson will help greatly. We are headed in the right direction, and I believe we will still win at least 8 games this year.

BEARMAN
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
LOL@Tony Oday !

BTW, Tony, people are looking for you over on JSO. Somthing about a bet you lost ?

GO BEARS !

Tony Oday
09-13-2006, 04:24 PM
aLready have in my sig over there the bears are the greatest team ever I just dont post over tehre anymore I will post soemthign over there today