PDA

View Full Version : Whither Dillon?

Guiness
11-30-2020, 02:31 PM
Is there any news about AJ Dillon? I was thinking he should be around by now, and a quick check tells me he's been out over 3 weeks!

Obviously he did not have an asymptomatic case, and possibly quite a serious one. Has anyone seen any news on him since he was placed on the Covid list?

Joemailman
11-30-2020, 02:37 PM
LaFleur was asked about it this morning. Not surprisingly, he wouldn't talk about it. I have a sister still having stamina problems more than a month after getting the virus. It lingers with some people.

RashanGary
11-30-2020, 03:21 PM
Doubt hes actually sick. But covid protocol is covid protocol. Seems like him and Love actually got the virus so they might have to wait a bit longer.

run pMc
11-30-2020, 04:25 PM
LaFleur was asked about it this morning. Not surprisingly, he wouldn't talk about it. I have a sister still having stamina problems more than a month after getting the virus. It lingers with some people.

The JSO beat guys remarked that Jace didn't look right for several weeks after coming back from COVID. Some people shrug it off, others end up dead. You never know. That we've heard nothing from Dillon tells me he's pretty sick. If he weren't, he'd have been back a couple of weeks ago.

I hope he recovers and can come back to play effectively this season. He seems like he could be an ideal cold weather back to hammer a defense with, especially after they've chased Jones around for two and a half quarters.

run pMc
11-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Found an update:
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/packers-aj-dillon-remains-in-covid-19-protocol/

Coach Matt LaFleur said Wednesday that Dillon (illness) has returned to the Packers' facility but continues to work his way through the NFL's COVID-19 protocol, Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

Dillon is more than three weeks removed from testing positive for the virus, missing three games as a result. There's no telling when he'll be cleared to resume regular activities, or when his conditioning will be sufficient enough for him to be considered ready for game action. That said, LaFleur believes Dillon "can contribute a lot" once he does get activated. Until then, Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams will continue to get the bulk of the backfield reps for Green Bay.

Guiness
11-30-2020, 04:58 PM
Doubt hes actually sick. But covid protocol is covid protocol. Seems like him and Love actually got the virus so they might have to wait a bit longer.

Why would you doubt he's actually sick? If he isn't sick they'd want him practicing with the team. I guess he could be asymptomatic but still testing positive, but I haven't heard of that lasting weeks.

Love is a different case because he's a QB. Especially after what Denver went through, they should keep him away from the team because if one of Rodgers/Boyle gets it, there's a good chance contact tracing will keep them both out and Love is a much better emergency starter than...I don't know who now that Cobb is no longer with the team. Love and Lazard are doing a show tonight with USA today so he can't be that bad.

smuggler
11-30-2020, 05:39 PM
Did Sternberger actually get COVID? My understanding is that he was put on the list for contact protocol, but never actually tested positive himself. Dillon actually tested positive. He's probably just getting back to good. A normal person without the physical exertional demands of an NFL player probably gets back to good a lot faster, if they're Dillon's age and healthy. The demands of NFL play make it a different animal.

Joemailman
11-30-2020, 05:46 PM
Did Sternberger actually get COVID? My understanding is that he was put on the list for contact protocol, but never actually tested positive himself. Dillon actually tested positive. He's probably just getting back to good. A normal person without the physical exertional demands of an NFL player probably gets back to good a lot faster, if they're Dillon's age and healthy. The demands of NFL play make it a different animal.

He tested positive but never showed any symptoms. https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/08/23/green-bay-packers-jace-sternberger-playing-catch-up-due-covid-19/3425383001/