PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs. Eagles Discussion Thread

Joemailman
12-02-2020, 04:40 PM
Barnes on injury report means he's off Covid list.

Eagles could be getting Zach Ertz back so Packers will likely be seeing a lot of 2 TE sets.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoQ5k8oXEAsGrop?format=jpg&name=900x900

run pMc
12-03-2020, 07:36 AM
I'd think Ertz will be rusty or eased into things, but he changes things for Philly because their other receivers are...not doing great. I haven't watched Philly closely, mostly because their offense is unwatchable. I'm not sure if what Wentz's problem is, but he does not trust his OL, is forcing things, and generally being a turnover machine. If I were a Packer defender I'd be looking forward to this game.

The Philly D is still pretty feisty and could be tough, but given how GB handled CHI they should be ok if the players don't allow a letdown. GB's OL has been good and will have their hands full with a good DL. Adams will see a lot of Darius Slay; this is a game for Tonyan, Lazard and MVS to show up, especially after last year's loss (Adams got hurt and they stopped scoring).
Goes without saying, but Packers should be expected to win this.

Bossman641
12-03-2020, 10:00 AM
If defense does not have 3+ sacks and 2+ turnovers it will be disappointing

Joemailman
12-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Z Smith added to injury report. Don't worry about Lewis. He typically gets Thursday off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoV5NSPWEAUhZ_N?format=jpg&name=medium

gbgary
12-03-2020, 04:31 PM
If defense does not have 3+ sacks and 2+ turnovers it will be disappointing

prepare to be disappointed. we'll be playing zone 90% of the time so they'll have free reign underneath. the keep-em-in-front-of-us D will be in full flower even there's no reason to for it. we'll only rush 4 (maybe 3) and Wentz will gradually (maybe even suddenly) gain confidence and go hog wild. they'll then take advantage and run up the gut on us. jim swartz will have his D all lathered up (lol) so dirty hits will abound. look for the cart to be on the field at least once and there'll be a player ejection.
or maybe not. Packers win saaaay... 27-17

bobblehead
12-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Ertz will light us up. That is a given of a Packers D for nearly a decade now. RBs out of the backfield will make us forget that Philly can't pass more than 10 yards downfield. We will be frustrated as this game plays cold and slow and is much closer than it should be. In the end we will run just well enough and Rodgers will be Rodgers.

Packers 24-17

smuggler
12-04-2020, 11:41 AM
33- 24 Packers

Starters chill in the 4th and the Eagles get some points out of the deal.

texaspackerbacker
12-04-2020, 12:29 PM
It will help the Packers a lot if Fletcher Cox is actually out. He's a damn good player.

I don't think Ertz will hurt us much because of rustiness coming back and because his QB ain't that great.

Slay used to be damn good, but I think he has declined. If they use him in man coverage on Adams, the Packers will benefit. Our passing game in general should have a great day, and if they change things up for more coverage, We'll hurt them with the run too.

Packers win, and it won't be close.

run pMc
12-04-2020, 01:08 PM
The Eagles D is salty, but that offense puts them in tough situations. If the Packers don't sleepwalk onto the field, they should be fine. They've been pretty sharp against two good defenses in Indy and Chicago. Assuming they don't swap Wentz for Jalen Hurts, the offense has not played well. Wentz looks scared or disinterested, and their receiving corps is... weird. You'd think Alshon Jeffrey, Jalen Reagor, and Dallas Goedert would be good enough, and Miles Sanders is a decent 3 down back. (I admit to liking Boston Scott, that dude just gets it done.) The Iggles' O is like the GB D: less than the sum of its parts. Wonder if Frank Reich leaving for Indy is why. Anyway, they will take chances, and there will be opportunities to continue to get turnovers.

There are scenarios where GB loses this, but I expect them to win this one. They are the better team.
I could see Packers winning in what is a 3 score game until Philly gets 2 scores in garbage time.

Joemailman
12-04-2020, 03:06 PM
Z Smith did not practice.

Rob Demovsky
@RobDemovsky
ยท 1h
Za’Darius Smith (ankle) didn’t practice today but coach Matt LaFleur said “I’m not overly concerned about it. It’s something he’s been battling through all season. Some days are better than others, and we’ll see where he’s at on Sunday.” https://es.pn/3opbltc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eoa_qI1W8AAwYxg?format=jpg&name=medium

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2020, 03:09 PM
The philly O looks so inept. They can get by without Z.

Joemailman
12-04-2020, 03:22 PM
They need to cut back on Z's snaps. He played 93% of snaps against Bears. P Smith played 66% and Gary 63%.

hoosier
12-04-2020, 04:06 PM
When was the last time the Packers injury list was shorter than the opponent's?

Joemailman
12-04-2020, 04:49 PM
When was the last time the Packers injury list was shorter than the opponent's?

Maybe this year against 49ers. Otherwise, last year.

RashanGary
12-04-2020, 05:49 PM
They need to cut back on Z's snaps. He played 93% of snaps against Bears. P Smith played 66% and Gary 63%.

80%
70%
70%

Might make a little more sense

Joemailman
12-04-2020, 06:02 PM
It will be interesting to see what the Eagles will do with their TE's . Ertz has missed their last 5 games and wasn't having a good year up until then. He's disgruntled because the Eagles haven't offered him a contract extension. Dallas Goedert missed 4 games. In their absence, Dickrod has had a decent year. This will be the first game in a while they've had all 3. Imagine Packers will see as lot of 12 and even 13 personnel groupings.

Joemailman
12-04-2020, 07:18 PM
Just about the whole nation sees the Packers play. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call. The blue is Patriots vs. Chargers.

https://506sports.com/2020/13-CBS-L.png

QBME
12-04-2020, 10:27 PM
I dunno.
Watched the Iggles game this past week and they absolutely stunk.
Pack 38
Iggles 24 (Only because Pettine is still in charge of the D.)