PDA

View Full Version : What does everybody want?

Sparkey
09-12-2006, 09:57 PM
I hear people say that they want a quality team on the field and bitch about TT not bringing in enough talented. Then he brings in a talented, albeit troubled player and people start complaining about the move.

So what the hell does everyone really want ?

ND72
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd rather have a guy like Koren who is a good team player, never hear about him being a problem in the locker room, but maybe a troubled past/present....people deserve chances....but I'll take a Koren, over a TO, or a Javon Walker. Guys that you read aobut saying crap stuff, can effect a locker room. I want a guy who wants to play for whatever salary he has, and not bitch to the media about it...and besides his drinking problems, you never hear of a problem inside the locker room from K-Rob. The funny thing is, I destintly remember this summer, TONS of people on this board FURIOUS, that TT didn't make an offer for K-Rob.....and now that we got him, we're FURIOUS we got him....with misery brings company i guess.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
I'll take a large deep dish with pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives.

ND72
09-12-2006, 10:08 PM
damn you, now i'm hungry and it's bed time.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I just want to win. Bring players in that can help win now and still draft good, no matter were you pick.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
This poll is silly. Most of those opposed to this move aren't opposed because he had a brush with the law. We are opposed because there's been a pattern. He's failed a drug test with the Seahawks, gotten a DUI in Seattle, got a four game suspension for his second violation, gotten charged with another DUI when he was facing a yearlong suspension for even using alcohol (on his first night off in Vikings training camp), and led police on a chase of up to 120 MPH for 12 miles on that night.

This doesn't even count the 100 MPH speeding ticket in Seattle (apparently) and the arriving to court drunk for his DUI trial.

The wording on these choices is slanted though. I'd like a choice for:

"To bring in talented players when available. They may have a bit of a rap sheet, but they don't have a persistent pattern of failure."

He's in Green Bay. Hopefully, it works out.

the_idle_threat
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Well put, Harv. I agree on all points.

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 11:57 PM
This poll is silly. Most of those opposed to this move aren't opposed because he had a brush with the law. We are opposed because there's been a pattern. He's failed a drug test with the Seahawks, gotten a DUI in Seattle, got a four game suspension for his second violation, gotten charged with another DUI when he was facing a yearlong suspension for even using alcohol (on his first night off in Vikings training camp), and led police on a chase of up to 120 MPH for 12 miles on that night.

This doesn't even count the 100 MPH speeding ticket in Seattle (apparently) and the arriving to court drunk for his DUI trial.

The wording on these choices is slanted though. I'd like a choice for:

"To bring in talented players when available. They may have a bit of a rap sheet, but they don't have a persistent pattern of failure."

He's in Green Bay. Hopefully, it works out.

Re: Koren Robinson

" He's in Green Bay. Hopefully, it works out." HarveyWallbangers

The Wisdom based in a Reality. :mrgreen:

Good Luck Koren Robinson.

woodbuck27
09-13-2006, 12:05 AM
I just want to win. Bring players in that can help win now and still draft good, no matter were you pick.

That is my position as well PaCkFan_n_MD.

I want wins and REAL effort daily from the GM, to the Coach's to all the support Stafff to the 53 Man Roster to WIN as the ONLY objective.

An all out effort to WIN and still improve every day of the Season..

I don't ever want to endure another loss like we had to against the Bears on Opening Day. That was unbelievably shocking. :shock:

ENOUGH OF THAT ! NO MORE !!

** The Packers have won a mere 4 games in the regular schedule since Ted Thompson became OUR GM. A 4 -13 Record or a 30.77% (0.30770 LOSING Percentage. Yet, that inspires hope in some Packer fans here?

**Including 8 preseason games in OUR two Off Season's. The Packers are @ 7 wins and 18 loss's or a LOSING percentage of 38.89 % (0.3888).

Certainly confidence still abounds in some Packer fans. To your credit I admire your faith in OUR GM despite the miserble results under TT's control.

If it doesn't turn around soon.

I'm just going to have to FIRE Ted Thompson. Someone's got to do the Dirty Work. :razz:

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH !!

vince
09-13-2006, 07:50 AM

That is my position as well PaCkFan_n_MD.

I want wins and REAL effort daily from the GM, to the Coach's to all the support Stafff to the 53 Man Roster to WIN as the ONLY objective.

An all out effort to WIN and still improve every day of the Season..

I don't ever want to endure another loss like we had to against the Bears on Opening Day. That was unbelievably shocking. :shock:

ENOUGH OF THAT ! NO MORE !!

** The Packers have won a mere 4 games in the regular schedule since Ted Thompson became OUR GM. A 4 -13 Record or a 30.77% (0.30770 LOSING Percentage. Yet, that inspires hope in some Packer fans here?

**Including 8 preseason games in OUR two Off Season's. The Packers are @ 7 wins and 18 loss's or a LOSING percentage of 38.89 % (0.3888).

Certainly confidence still abounds in some Packer fans. To your credit I admire your faith in OUR GM despite the miserble results under TT's control.

If it doesn't turn around soon.

I'm just going to have to FIRE Ted Thompson. Someone's got to do the Dirty Work. :razz:

GO PACK GO ! FAN FAITH !!
There IS a significant chance that Ted won't be around to see the fruits of his work. That's the risk of his ways... My hope is that that doesn't happen, and I think he'll ultimately survive through it, but my guess is that the heat intensifies for Ted before it cools down...

He has a vision and is following it. We'll see if public pressure changes the outlook by the new Pres., who I know practically nothing about...

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Do you think JJ would be influenced by public pressure? I don't know. I am fairly certain that although we may not be privy to TT's ultimate plan and its details, Bob Harlan and John Jones are. I think if they approve the plan, then whatever TT does that follows the plan will not get him canned no matter what any of us think.