PDA

View Full Version : Official Degenerate Gamblers Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

run pMc
11-21-2022, 08:43 AM
IDK, there are on average something like 3 upsets per week in NFL games, and this year things have been even stranger.
You might be better off taking weird prop bets like the over/under on Josh Allen rushing yards or something vs. all these parlays. Too much has to go right. Lotto tickets.

Joemailman
11-21-2022, 09:04 AM
Justis Mosqueda
@JuMosq

The Packers are 1-6 as favorites and 3-1 as underdogs against the spread this year. Team of chaos

Eagles -6.5 Over/under 45.5.

RashanGary
11-21-2022, 10:05 AM
The parlays eventually hit. Play the long game, apb!

bobblehead
11-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Vikings? Not sure Bobble. They are not quite as good as their record but play tough at home. I was surprised they were dogs.

Glad I avoided the "trap" game. Bookmakers play 3D chess with games like this. They saw the blowout coming.

Can't complain, started day 2-1. Was free rolling Denver all game with the lead. In the end I lost the vig. Gambling is hard, what can I say....unless you are GBbrandon...he probably is rollin' a $5 million bankroll by now.

bobblehead
11-21-2022, 11:37 AM

I don't bet parlays, but its a myth that they are worse than straight bets. Oh, when you get up to 5+ games the books charge a premium vig and they get to be worse, but a 3 teamer should mathematically pay 90.9 per leg, or 110x1.909x1.909x1.909=765 which is 6.95 to 1. Generally I get 7-1 for my 3 teamers. On rare promotions I can get up to 8-1...still I don't bet parlays because its a long game. I hate losing several weeks in a row to hit one and get back to even. I'd rather slow grind lose than lose fast hoping to hit that one jackpot to get even. I could get into the bell curves of it all as well. If you are working from a limited bankroll parlays have a higher chance to break you quickly, but also have a higher chance for you to race ahead...etc. etc., boring math stuff that most don't care about. Plus then I'd have to deal with Hoosier challenging my credentials in 2 forums instead of just one.

RashanGary
11-21-2022, 05:14 PM
I’ve looked at how the parlays pay out. They don’t take any extra from the parlay. But like you said, they’re a lot more L’s to get the W

bobblehead
11-22-2022, 04:15 PM
I’ve looked at how the parlays pay out. They don’t take any extra from the parlay. But like you said, they’re a lot more L’s to get the W

Most places start to take more at 5 games. Different books, different odds. I think Cantor and William Hill are the truest right up the ladder, and the old Hilton superbook (now the westgate) still has some of the best action you could want.

RashanGary
11-23-2022, 12:29 PM
Most places start to take more at 5 games. Different books, different odds. I think Cantor and William Hill are the truest right up the ladder, and the old Hilton superbook (now the westgate) still has some of the best action you could want.

I never looked what happened after 5 games, but it makes sense that they would protect themselves against huge L’s like that. Most I ever did was 5-ways I think anyway. Never hit one. But I always checked that the odds for the single bet was multiplying the parlay so I wasn’t handicapping myself.

RashanGary
11-23-2022, 12:30 PM
If you can afford to lose, apb, you’ll eventually hit a parlay. It’s better odds than lottery tickets.

Bretsky
11-23-2022, 02:28 PM

If he’s betting 25 a week I’d rather just have him send me the money and I will apply it towards my kids college education. Itd
Be less stress on app, and the money he is giving away every week would at least go for a good cause :)

bobblehead
11-24-2022, 09:51 AM
If he’s betting 25 a week I’d rather just have him send me the money and I will apply it towards my kids college education. Itd
Be less stress on app, and the money he is giving away every week would at least go for a good cause :)

Its going to a good cause right now. Its giving a burger flipper a glimmer of enjoyment and hope. And when he loses its going to support whatever tribe is benefiting from his bad "luck". Just because YOU think giving to you is a better cause....doesn't make it so.

RashanGary
09-10-2023, 02:31 PM
I bet $20 on Jordan Love to go over 212.5. 20 guys went over 213 ypg last year. So I like Loves chances of being below average against a bad passing defense.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-10-2023, 03:07 PM
My 8 teams parlay is fucked with the Queens getting fucked (took Queens via spread). Guess $3 for the Queens to get fucked ain’t so bad.

texaspackerbacker
09-10-2023, 03:10 PM
hahahaha serves you right for betting on the enemy.

smuggler
09-10-2023, 03:11 PM
Yes, your $3 contribution to the division Gods is well appreciated, APB

Anti-Polar Bear
09-10-2023, 03:19 PM
Yes, your $3 contribution to the division Gods is well appreciated, APB

I do have $60 on the Packers this week, moneyline, though.

Yes, I chickened out. Was supposed to put my minimum wage paycheck ($433) on the line. But Christine Watson’s skipping the game cos her hair ain’t pretty, so I chickened out.

smuggler
09-10-2023, 07:05 PM
I put $50 on the Packers to win. You got me on that one. Betting on the Packers to beat the Bears is usually a pittance of a profit, but this payout was pretty solid.

RashanGary
09-10-2023, 08:23 PM
I liked loves chances against their pass rush, as good as our OL pass blocked in the preseason.

RashanGary
09-10-2023, 08:24 PM
But as soon as we face a pass rush imma bet the under.

bobblehead
09-11-2023, 04:45 AM
Glad I didn't post my bets for week 1. It would have been embarrassing.

RashanGary
09-11-2023, 07:56 AM
I don’t know if I’m gonna bet the under when we face a good pass rush actually. Love isn’t a really good runner, but he’s good. He’s not a big donkey who can just bounce of tacklers, but he’s sturdy…..

He’s got just enough size and athletic ability….. and seems to be accurate on the move. Maybe he could have big days against good pass rushes too. More moving pockets, screens, draws, runs, etc to keep them from teeing off.

RashanGary
09-12-2023, 12:55 PM
I put $20 on pack covering 1.5 in ATL. Ridder. Atlanta fans not super pumped to play packers or play at all this year so the dome won’t be as bad. I think they sleeping on #10 still.

bobblehead
09-13-2023, 09:24 AM
I got a ML parlay on whoever is playing the Cardinals. One in a row so far. Go Gmen.

bobblehead
09-13-2023, 09:27 AM
I like the Jets getting a mountain of points against the Cowboys. Dallas looked great getting 2 defensive scores immediately, but how will they perform when that Jets D hits them in the mouth??