7. Minnesota Vikings 6-6

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Outside Looking In

8. Arizona Cardinals 6-6
9. Chicago Bears 5-7 Better winning pct.vs common opponents than Detroit/Better
conference winning pct. than San Francisco and Washington
10. Detroit Lions 5-7 Better conference winning pct. than San Francisco and
Washington
11. San Francisco 49ers 5-7 Better winning pct. vs common opponents than Washington
12. Washington FT 5-7
13. Atlanta Falcons 4-8 Better division winning pct. than Carolina
14. Carolina Panthers 4-8
15. Philadelphia Eagles 3-8-1
16. Dallas Cowboys 3-9

Playoff clinching scenarios

New Orleans has clinched a playoff berth. They can clinch the NFC South with a win or a Tampa Bay loss. (I will not deal with potential ties for now.)

Green Bay can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a loss by Arizona. They can clinch the NFC North with a win and a loss by Minnesota.

Key Week 14 Games

New England at Los Angeles Rams
Houston at Chicago
Arizona at New York Giants
Minnesota at Tampa Bay
New York Jets at Seattle
Green Bay at Detroit
New Orleans at Philadelphia
Washington at San Francisco

RashanGary
12-09-2020, 09:21 AM
Half a game out of that 1 seed bye!

Upnorth
12-09-2020, 10:39 AM
I feel like this is going to be a tough game for the packers. We need our a game but I am worried we will bring pur b or c game...

RashanGary
12-09-2020, 11:29 AM
I feel like this is going to be a tough game for the packers. We need our a game but I am worried we will bring pur b or c game...

For sure. Every game is huge right now. 12 needs to come up with a run the table comment to get the team dialed in on this last stretch to glory. They have a shot. Need to start peaking now.

smuggler
12-09-2020, 12:57 PM
Unrelated, but why do Bears fans "cheer" their team by literally requesting they take a shit? What do they think "Bear Down" means?

"Hey, I know we'd like to get back to the playoffs, but instead, if you could squeeze your abs real hard and either drop a big fat deuce or just lay a big egg, that's what I'm calling the first priority."

RashanGary
12-12-2020, 01:42 PM
Well, lets root for eagles over saints this week!

AND!!

As an ideal scenario we’ll

get a bye week
Play Saturday divisional game at noon on 13 days rest
Play conference championship on Sunday evening on 8 days rest

Bye

Super Bowl!!

RashanGary
12-12-2020, 01:48 PM
And just as a nice side thought, maybe Aaron Donald, Alvin Kamara and Tyreek Hill will get injured before any potential games with them :wink:

Joemailman
12-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Five really good teams in the NFC, but they all have significant flaws:

Packers - Sometimes their inability to stop the run keeps the ball away from their elite offense. And some ST gaffes lately.

Saints - Solid in many ways. However, on offense they're over reliant om Kamara. WR's other than Thomas are meh. Can be tough on defense, but Packers but up 37 on them without Davante Adams. They'll be tough if they're #1 seed, but they're 1-7 lifetime on the road in playoffs.

Buccaneers - Up and down team. Looked like best team in the NFC when they beat the Packers, but are only 3-3 since then.

Seahawks - Wilson to Metcalf is deadly. But Wilson has 11 INT's and 7 fumbles. Defense ranks 31st overall and 32nd in passing. Not good in a conference with Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady.

Rams - Maybe the best NFC team on paper. But Goff has been known to melt down in big games. Despite being #2 in NFL in offensive yardage, they're only #11 in points scored. Goff's stats are better than his play.

RashanGary
12-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Pretty much, Joe. It's 5 really good teams there.

Ya know, had Danielle Hunter made it back and him and Yannick and that other bigger guy they had got a rotation going.... They hit a home run with those young, quick learning dbs and with Jefferson. Minnesota would have been in it too, but lost a young HOF level edge player for the season and had a tough start while.the young guys figured it out.

smuggler
12-12-2020, 10:12 PM
They might be without Hunter for more than just the season. His career is in very real jeopardy. Hate to see it for him as a player. We've lost more than a few excellent players to neck injuries in the past couple decades, as well.

MadtownPacker
12-12-2020, 10:38 PM
And just as a nice side thought, maybe Aaron Donald, Alvin Kamara and Tyreek Hill will get injured before any potential games with them :wink:This motherf... :lol: what happened to the outcomes being fixed??

RashanGary
12-13-2020, 05:16 AM
This motherf... :lol: what happened to the outcomes being fixed??

It's more of a week to week thing. I do think a few of the patriots games were rigged, the falcons super bowl being the clearest one. But also a couple of those awful penalty games that got them in a few super bowls. They do, Patriots aside, seem to usually allow the better team's to win in the post season.

bobblehead
12-13-2020, 07:23 AM
It's more of a week to week thing. I do think a few of the patriots games were rigged, the falcons super bowl being the clearest one. But also a couple of those awful penalty games that got them in a few super bowls. They do, Patriots aside, seem to usually allow the better team's to win in the post season.

The games are "hedged" more than rigged. Just like the NBA. Yea, I have seen Brady/Patriots get some stupid defensive holding penalties in their favor to extend drives and keep games interesting. Beating Jacksonville in the AFCC game comes to mind. And sometimes you see a primetime game about to be blown open and a mystery holding penalty kills an offensive drive to keep the game from getting out of hand. As far as overall rigging though? Nah, I don't see that. Reputation flags are a real thing too. Josh Jackson is all but done now as he has the reputation that draws flags now....even when he isn't guilty.

RashanGary
12-13-2020, 10:12 AM
The games are "hedged" more than rigged. Just like the NBA. Yea, I have seen Brady/Patriots get some stupid defensive holding penalties in their favor to extend drives and keep games interesting. Beating Jacksonville in the AFCC game comes to mind. And sometimes you see a primetime game about to be blown open and a mystery holding penalty kills an offensive drive to keep the game from getting out of hand. As far as overall rigging though? Nah, I don't see that. Reputation flags are a real thing too. Josh Jackson is all but done now as he has the reputation that draws flags now....even when he isn't guilty.

Take $100 and start betting on games that you think will destroy the most gamblers. Like this week, the entire field is going with New Orleans even covering. Screw everyone by having the eagles get within 7. The seahawks jets is getting so out of hand. They're making it almost impossible to go ML with seahawks. They want Russ in the playoffs. They want the NFC to be competitive. I highly doubt they'd let this one fall. So I made a ML bet despite what looks like their best attempt to discourage. Now. I know I have to win 12 straight to win money on such a bet but I keep track and only pull the trigger when it looks highly unlikely to be rigged.

Basically, my entire system rotates around the league being rigged.

I'll bet they want to keep the Packers Lions score under.