PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Lions

Joemailman
12-13-2020, 06:48 PM
Rodgers 26-33, 290, 3 TD

Amos with a strong game I thought, other than the 1 penalty.

MVS with maybe his best overall game. 6-85, 1 TD

Coverage unit put another game in jeopardy.

RashanGary
12-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Lazard quietly getting healthy too. He seems to be moving better every week. Barring a setback, the luck we got with Lazard and Tonyan is making this offense hard to stop.

CaptainKickass
12-13-2020, 06:55 PM
The Davante Adams consecutive TD streak continues...

Cheesehead Craig
12-13-2020, 07:02 PM
This offense is real nice when MVS has on his big boy pants.

George Cumby
12-13-2020, 07:03 PM
Adams is so damn good.

I'd like to see a numbers breakdown and some of the other elites at comparable points in their careers.

RashanGary
12-13-2020, 07:34 PM
This offense is real nice when MVS has on his big boy pants.

I'm high on MVS in this offense but always kind of have been. More exciting at this point is Lazard continuing to get closer to 100% and Tonyan proving every week that hes even better than I ever could have hoped. Once Lazard is 100 we don't even need MVS to have 5 catches to be unstoppable.

Joemailman
12-13-2020, 08:22 PM
Packers have scored 30+ points in 10 of 13 games. In 2011 they scored 30+ 11 times.

texaspackerbacker
12-13-2020, 08:27 PM
The Packers took what was available. The Lions clearly slacked off MVS especially early, and they had better coverage on Lazard and Tonyan. Fine, we got a good game from MVS. We've gotten a little bit spoiled by Rodgers' consistent high level of play. Mahomes, for example, threw 3 picks today, and Brady got sacked 6 times. Absolutely positively, we have to keep him in Green Bay long term.

The defense had its good moments and bad too. They were barely good enough to win. I just wonder what's privately on LaFleur's mind about retaining Pettine or not. Some of the problem might be personnel, but more of it IMO is scheme/coaching. If we get the number one seed and go to the Super Bowl despite shoddy D play, does LaFleur keep Pettine? I hope not, but I think yes. And whatever happens, we need better special teams coaching.

falco
12-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Packers have scored 30+ points in 10 of 13 games. In 2011 they scored 30+ 11 times.

An impressive performance given the lack of offensive talent that some around here have decried

Fritz
12-14-2020, 08:58 AM
The Packers took what was available. The Lions clearly slacked off MVS especially early, and they had better coverage on Lazard and Tonyan. Fine, we got a good game from MVS. We've gotten a little bit spoiled by Rodgers' consistent high level of play. Mahomes, for example, threw 3 picks today, and Brady got sacked 6 times. Absolutely positively, we have to keep him in Green Bay long term.

The defense had its good moments and bad too. They were barely good enough to win. I just wonder what's privately on LaFleur's mind about retaining Pettine or not. Some of the problem might be personnel, but more of it IMO is scheme/coaching. If we get the number one seed and go to the Super Bowl despite shoddy D play, does LaFleur keep Pettine? I hope not, but I think yes. And whatever happens, we need better special teams coaching.

The organization has invested a lot of capital into that defense. There's still a lack of talent at ILB, maybe safety, and definitely on the defensive line, but that defense doesn't play up to the talent level it seems to have. That means it's coaching.

And the special teams coach - fire his ass now. No, yesterday.

I also think it's interesting that while Lazard is getting healthier, he no longer seems quite so crucial to the wide receivers' success. I think ESB and MVS are picking up their play, and Tonyan has been a godsend.