PDA

View Full Version : NFC North Division Winner 2020

CaptainKickass
12-13-2020, 06:49 PM
Although ...

This image makes me think Aaron Rodgers might need more fiber in his diet

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2020/12/Clinched.png?resize=624,185

CaptainKickass
12-13-2020, 06:50 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2020/12/Packers_NFCNorth_Champs.png?w=700&h=300&crop=1

George Cumby
12-13-2020, 07:16 PM
Since the inception of the new organization in 2002, the NFC North has been won by:

GB: 12
Bares: 4
Minny: 4
Det: 0

Anti-Polar Bear
12-17-2020, 03:00 AM
Since the inception of the new organization in 2002, the NFC North has been won by:

In the immortal words of Mike McCarthy, who the fuck cares? The Packers ain’t hang no fucking Division Title banner since they won the Central Division by going 5-3-1 in ‘82.

Ain’t mean a fucking thing without da ring.

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2020, 09:09 AM
I care. Bragging rights for a lot of years over the Vikings fans in my area.

Spaulding
12-17-2020, 10:14 AM
In the immortal words of Mike McCarthy, who the fuck cares? The Packers ain’t hang no fucking Division Title banner since they won the Central Division by going 5-3-1 in ‘82.

I agree on some level as that's the goal for every organization each year. However given there is only one winner and thirty-one "losers" then the odds of that being the Packers are slim and it doesn't take a mathematical genius to see that their chance to win any given year is just over 3%).

Take consolation in the little things:

1) Packers had a 25% of winning the NFC North title (removing all other variables like sucky franchises like the Lions realistically have maybe a 5% chance any given year and the Bears marginally more)

2) Winning the NFC title is a one in sixteen chance (i.e. just over 6% chance)

I can't fathom being a Lions/Browns/Bengals fan these past 20 years. Guessing I'd be on my third liver by now if so.

NFC North winners is awesome as is like Harv indicated, seeing Vikings fan whine about the Packers another entire offseason (sorry Ras).

Like the Immortal Mel Brooks once said in History of the World Part One - it's good to be the king, only in this case it's good to be a Packers fan.

Has any rookie coach ever started out better than Matt LaFleur's reign as Packers coach?
Only person that comes to mind to me is George Seifert and he inherited a loaded team from Bill Walsh versus the dischord that LaFleur inherited from McCarthy.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-17-2020, 10:51 AM

Sorry, but my generation grew up in an era in which the Packers making the playoffs is the norm, especially when Sherman was GM. Only division title we were rah-rah about is the one where McCown threw the walk-off game winner to Poole.

Watching the Packers lose in the playoffs is another story. If I’m lucky enough to one day watch a Pack playoff loss with a granddaughter, she’ll be like, Grandpa, aren’t you sad that the season has ended? I’ll be like, Katniss, my generation grew up in an era in which the Packers made the playoffs virtually every season. Sadly, virtually every season, the Packers gave us a heartbreak. I’ve gone through so many playoffs heartbreaks, I am now devoid of emotions, like Horatio.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-17-2020, 11:05 AM
I agree on some level as that's the goal for every organization each year. However given there is only one winner and thirty-one "losers" then the odds of that being the Packers are slim and it doesn't take a mathematical genius to see that their chance to win any given year is just over 3%).

Take consolation in the little things:

1) Packers had a 25% of winning the NFC North title (removing all other variables like sucky franchises like the Lions realistically have maybe a 5% chance any given year and the Bears marginally more)

2) Winning the NFC title is a one in sixteen chance (i.e. just over 6% chance)

I can't fathom being a Lions/Browns/Bengals fan these past 20 years. Guessing I'd be on my third liver by now if so.

NFC North winners is awesome as is like Harv indicated, seeing Vikings fan whine about the Packers another entire offseason (sorry Ras).

Like the Immortal Mel Brooks once said in History of the World Part One - it's good to be the king, only in this case it's good to be a Packers fan.

Has any rookie coach ever started out better than Matt LaFleur's reign as Packers coach?
Only person that comes to mind to me is George Seifert and he inherited a loaded team from Bill Walsh versus the dischord that LaFleur inherited from McCarthy.

Being king in the north just ain’t as glorious as being champion of the world.

McCarthy wasn’t much of an eloquent speaker, but when a reporter asked him about the Queens erecting their recent division title, McCarthy eloquently said, fuck that shit; we don’t do that shit; we seek the ring, yo!

George Cumby
12-17-2020, 12:47 PM

This is so dumb. I know you're just trolling, but I'll play for a bit.

Which would you prefer?

GB: 0
Chi: 4
Det: 12

or:

Winning the Division means going to the playoffs and therefore a shot at a ring.

How many rings did the other teams in the division earn in that time span?

Yo.

Fritz
12-17-2020, 12:55 PM
Although ...

This image makes me think Aaron Rodgers might need more fiber in his diet

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/57/2020/12/Clinched.png?resize=624,185

I would agree with you if that banner said "clenched" instead of "clinched."

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2020, 02:13 PM
For those of us in enemy territory, bragging rights like this do matter a little. It's not everything, but it's not nothing. I'm guessing you don't live in enemy territory.

Spaulding
12-17-2020, 04:24 PM
For those of us in enemy territory, bragging rights like this do matter a little. It's not everything, but it's not nothing. I'm guessing you don't live in enemy territory.

Well, since technically the Packers are "America's" team not the Cowboys, that likely means they don't live in the only rogue state which is Minnesota where fans are passive aggressive, the team color is for jelly beans or Barney the Dinosaur and Lutefisk is still eaten.

Tony Oday
12-17-2020, 04:32 PM

100%, Im in MN need to tell the Vikes Fans they suck ;)

Upnorth
12-18-2020, 06:29 AM

Comments like these always make me question if the person saying them actually played sports at a competitive level. Every win is important. A division championship is very important, not as important as the Superbowl but still important.

Joemailman
12-18-2020, 07:48 AM
The division title matters. But not as much as the Packers want it to matter.

https://www.packersproshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7bb1d97ca9be0ea79f0c77b43584dc2d/3/3/3304231102_37_13_2500.jpg

George Cumby
12-18-2020, 09:17 AM
Yeah, not gonna' line up to buy the commemorative coin.

CaptainKickass
12-18-2020, 04:38 PM
Celebrating the milestones of achievement while on the quest for a Lombardi trophy should never be discounted in my opinion.

That of course won't prevent some folks from acting spoiled or like they've never set any long term goals themselves, much less having celebrated their accomplishments while working toward the larger goal.

As a team's achievement, I certainly respect it.

Zool
12-18-2020, 07:41 PM
This is so dumb. I know you're just trolling, but I'll play for a bit.

Which would you prefer?

GB: 0
Chi: 4
Det: 12

or:

Winning the Division means going to the playoffs and therefore a shot at a ring.

How many rings did the other teams in the division earn in that time span?

Yo.

He once said Brian Brohm would be the starter for the Packers ahead of Rodgers.