Chicago at Minnesota
Seattle at Washington
New York Jets at Los Angeles Rams
Philadelphia at Arizona
Kansas City at New Orleans
Cleveland at New York Giants

QBME
12-13-2020, 08:14 PM
Always been an interesting discussion. Are you actually in control of your destiny?

Joemailman
12-13-2020, 08:17 PM
Don't know about me, but the Packers are.

QBME
12-13-2020, 09:42 PM
Don't know about me, but the Packers are.

Yup.

HarveyWallbangers
12-13-2020, 10:04 PM
If the Chiefs beat the Saints, the Packers can lose to the Titans and still get the #1 seed, if they win their other two games. They’d own the three way tiebreaker against the Rams or Seahawks.

MadtownPacker
12-13-2020, 10:19 PM
Don't know about me, but the Packers are.Yes. There is even a chance they could lose one and still get it. Best not to chance it of course. You would think the Titans game is the concern but I think maybe it comes down to the last game against DaBears.

Fritz
12-14-2020, 09:00 AM
You know the Packers will promptly go out next Sunday and lose. You just know that. Either that, or it comes down to da Bears game, and Chicago leads by six points with under a minute left.

That's how it rolls around here.

George Cumby
12-14-2020, 09:33 AM
You know the Packers will promptly go out next Sunday and lose. You just know that. Either that, or it comes down to da Bears game, and Chicago leads by six points with under a minute left.

This is artifact of PTSD because of the trauma you suffered with Favre under center and then Fat Braindead Mike at the helm.

Our past doesn't dictate our future.

:-)

bobblehead
12-14-2020, 11:02 AM

Different team, different coach, different feel. Although Z and some of the more....emotional players on our D are prone to get comfortable, I think the leader of the team is laser focused right now. We need that one guy on D that doesn't get happy with a lead. A real asshole who wants to humiliate the other teams offense. A guy who doesn't want to be liked. These guys are often MLB. We need that guy to emerge to win an Owl.

Edit: It just occurred to me that I might not miss Mike Daniels the undersized DT, but I miss the Mike Daniels that got in teammates faces.

edit2: It also is why I have advocated for a new DC. Someone like Greg Williams or Jim Schwartz. I guy I hate, but we need. Not sure of Leonards temperament, but I would like him in the fold.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-16-2020, 02:12 AM
If the Chiefs beat the Saints, the Packers can lose to the Titans and still get the #1 seed, if they win their other two games. They’d own the three way tiebreaker against the Rams or Seahawks.

The Packers have only beaten 1 team with a winning record at this moment in space-time. If the Pack can’t beat the Tennessee Tyrants, they ain’t deserve the #1 seed.

Pack would be as fraudulent as the Fresno Fraud was in the season that saw J-Nel haplessly tear out his knee in the arena, with glorious blades of grass ‘neath his feet.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2020, 08:14 AM
If YOU call him Fraud again I will break the rules and just ban you forever out of spite.

Sparkey
12-16-2020, 08:18 AM
If YOU call him Fraud again I will break the rules and just ban you forever out of spite.

:clap:

George Cumby
12-16-2020, 08:34 AM
Adams is a FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD.

Oops, he did it again.

bobblehead
12-16-2020, 08:52 AM
The Packers have only beaten 1 team with a winning record at this moment in space-time. If the Pack can’t beat the Tennessee Tyrants, they ain’t deserve the #1 seed.

Pack would be as fraudulent as the Fresno Fraud was in the season that saw J-Nel haplessly tear out his knee in the arena, with glorious blades of grass ‘neath his feet.

I tend to agree with Ric Flair. To be the best you have to beat the best. That said we beat the current #2 seed. Looking at other schedules Buccaneers beat us in a game I still think we win if Rodgers doesn't take that awful hit. And then they beat....well, only the 7-6 Raiders. Lost 2x to saints. Lost to Bears. Saints? The only team with a winning record they have beaten is the Bucs. Rams? They have beaten the Seahawks, bucs and Cardinals. Thats a tough division. The Rams are the team I fear in the playoffs.

But see, thats the way EVERY NFL season plays out. Teams build winning records by beating bad teams. If they play each other a lot, then one eventually doesn't have a winning record. I go through this every season and I will be going through it next year in week 14 or so. I did it last season when we really weren't a 13-3 team...except we were and we are currently a 10-3 team. We likely end up 12-4 or better. Its not because we are lucky and played 12 awful teams. This is the NFL. Every team has capabilities (except maybe the jets). Teams get dysfunctional for a bit, but its often the result of coaching/locker room/other.

I'm not suggesting we are a lock to win the Owl. I'm not saying print your Rams Owl tickets. I'm saying there is a reason we play the games and teams who are 10-3 after 13 weeks aren't lucky.

Ok, copying this and saving for week 13 next year now. Why go through it for the 100th time.

bobblehead
12-16-2020, 09:00 AM
AFC? bills are the studs with wins over Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers.

Chiefs? those frauds beat the Ravens, Bills, Raiders, Bucs, Dolphins.

Steelers? They beat the Titans and Ravens.

This goes to what I have said off this site (maybe on, can't recall) The road to the Owl in the NFC is pretty wide open. Its likely we will crown the AFC come February.

Joemailman
12-16-2020, 09:36 AM
AFC at the top is definitely strong this year. AFC has a 3 game edge over NFC in non-conference games. This despite the fact that by far the 3 worst teams are in the AFC. Jets, Jaguars and Bengals are a combined 3-35-1. There are 8 teams in the AFC with 8 or more wins. The NFC has 5. Those 8 AFC teams are a combined 25-3 against NFC teams. The 5 NFC teams are a combined 11-6 against AFC teams. As the standings currently are, NFC teams with records of 6-7 and 7-6 will make the playoffs. In the AFC, the 8-5 Ravens will miss the playoffs.

Upnorth
12-16-2020, 12:37 PM

That's actually a dream senario in a way. If we clinched 1st in the nfc and destroyed the bears hearts again thats my definition of win win

Guiness
12-16-2020, 01:03 PM

Ok, that's a lot funnier than APB continuing to say that years after it's wrong 'cause he thinks it's edgy and funny!

George Cumby
12-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Just for grins, I checked the 2014 draft.

There were eight WR taken before Adams. Only two, OBJ and Mike Evans have comparable numbers. Only Evans has better numbers and that only total yards and average per catch.

It's a wash with OBJ and who wants the attendant issues.

Adams:

522 6,338 12.1 58

Evans:

513 7,929 15.5 59

OBJ:

487 6,830 14.0 51

Evans was taken at #7 overall, OBJ #12, Adams at #53.

Fraud? Someone is projecting.

KYPack
12-16-2020, 01:58 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Except then we'd have to rent a troll. Every decent forum has at least two of 'em.

BTW You need to keep your game thread starter string rolling.

texaspackerbacker
12-16-2020, 02:05 PM

I've been wondering about that. I don't think we lose to the Titans, but just in case, I hope you're right. I think the next tiebreaker is conference record, And the Packers have two NFC losses, same as the Rams. Based on that, we need Seattle to beat them, as they have lost 3 in the NFC. The next tiebreaker is after conference record is against common opponents, minimum of 4, and the Packers are 3-1 while the Rams are 3-2 (thank you X 2, 49ers), so I guess what you say is correct.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-17-2020, 03:23 AM

Damn, that infamous term for Adams was the cleverest shit out of the head of ole Rutnstrut, a poor man’s Tony O’Day, since Bretsky came up with “Bert” Favre. It would be a shame to have to retire that term.

If Adams were a bit faster and a tad quicker, he’d awesome on Madden. All I do is throw to MVS. That being said, homeboy has came a long way from the autumn of ‘15, season where Adams was buried in a deep, dark and dull sophomore slump.

From now on, I’ll refer to Adams as the Fresno “Fiend”. Fiend in a good way, as in Adams is a fucking fiend against Darius Slay! :)

Anti-Polar Bear
12-17-2020, 03:26 AM
I've been wondering about that. I don't think we lose to the Titans, but just in case, I hope you're right. I think the next tiebreaker is conference record, And the Packers have two NFC losses, same as the Rams. Based on that, we need Seattle to beat them, as they have lost 3 in the NFC. The next tiebreaker is after conference record is against common opponents, minimum of 4, and the Packers are 3-1 while the Rams are 3-2 (thank you X 2, 49ers), so I guess what you say is correct.

Math is hard.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-17-2020, 07:35 AM
I tend to agree with Ric Flair. To be the best you have to beat the best. That said we beat the current #2 seed. Looking at other schedules Buccaneers beat us in a game I still think we win if Rodgers doesn't take that awful hit. And then they beat....well, only the 7-6 Raiders. Lost 2x to saints. Lost to Bears. Saints? The only team with a winning record they have beaten is the Bucs. Rams? They have beaten the Seahawks, bucs and Cardinals. Thats a tough division. The Rams are the team I fear in the playoffs.

But see, thats the way EVERY NFL season plays out. Teams build winning records by beating bad teams. If they play each other a lot, then one eventually doesn't have a winning record. I go through this every season and I will be going through it next year in week 14 or so. I did it last season when we really weren't a 13-3 team...except we were and we are currently a 10-3 team. We likely end up 12-4 or better. Its not because we are lucky and played 12 awful teams. This is the NFL. Every team has capabilities (except maybe the jets). Teams get dysfunctional for a bit, but its often the result of coaching/locker room/other.

I'm not suggesting we are a lock to win the Owl. I'm not saying print your Rams Owl tickets. I'm saying there is a reason we play the games and teams who are 10-3 after 13 weeks aren't lucky.

Ok, copying this and saving for week 13 next year now. Why go through it for the 100th time.

All I’ll say is, prior to finding out that pro wrestling was fake, I was a big fan of Brett “the Hitman” Hart, Yokozuna and Razor Ramon, although I ain’t gonna lied: I was jolly as heck when the 1,2,3 Kid upset ole Razor on Monday Night Raw.