PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds, Pumas.

George Cumby
12-20-2020, 07:52 PM
Studs:

Jones

Duds:

Pass Pro

Fill in the blanks, please.

Joemailman
12-20-2020, 08:01 PM
Krys Barnes was a stud until he had to leave the game with an eye injury. Crosby with another clutch 50+ yard field goal. Adrian Amos with 3 pass breakups and physical play.

Kevin King had a tough night. He'll get picked on because nobody wants to throw against Alexander, but he needs to be better. Lucas Patrick got beat for 2 sacks, and was dominated by Derrick Brown.

texaspackerbacker
12-20-2020, 08:52 PM
King got picked on because they could pick on him. It sure seemed like Patrick got beat more than twice by Derrick Brown. I read that was Brown's first two NFL sacks. That doesn't say much for Patrick. Kirksey apparently led the Packers in tackles. All I can say is, that's hard to believe. J.C. Scott had a 45.7 yard average - also hard to believe. He wasn't as bad as other weeks, but he came too damn close to losing the game by getting that last punt blocked.

Jones was a stud, even more than he usually is. Rodgers by normal QB standards probably met stud specs, but he was a little bit off in accuracy. At least he had his usual good sense not to throw it into coverage. Davante was double covered all game, but he did miss a couple of catchable throws too. Bakhtiari also got beat more times than somebody paid like him should.

Hopefully got away with sleeping through the past two games due to thinking ahead to the Titans - who weren't exactly worth remembering today.

HarveyWallbangers
12-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Dude - offensive playcalling after getting big lead

Joemailman
12-20-2020, 09:39 PM
Dude - offensive playcalling after getting big lead

I don't think he had anything to do with the playcalling. Bit I could be wrong.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/thebiglebowski/images/7/7e/The_Dude.jpeg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20111216183045

Fritz
12-21-2020, 07:23 AM
Kevin King is becoming more and more affordable as the season goes on. Who knows, in another few games he might be offering to pay teams to take him.

gbgary
12-21-2020, 12:07 PM
king is a good CB. our 2nd best. we'll miss him unless they draft a stud cb in the offseason. just sayin.

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2020, 01:28 PM
I'm on record as in favor of using the #1 pick for a stud Corner. Just the same, though, I think Chandon Sullivan, maybe Josh Jackson, maybe even Hollman would be at least as good as Kevin King. I absolutely hope we do NOT sign him for any significant money. Hell no, we won't miss him.

BTW, a puma is a mountain lion, not a panther.

call_me_ishmael
12-21-2020, 01:46 PM
I don't view Kevin King as anything more than just a guy. Look at how slow he was running that ball back on Saturday. I really doubt there is that big of a drop off to 37.

George Cumby
12-21-2020, 03:25 PM
King had five picks last year. Six career. Meh.

Decent but replaceable.

It will remain a mystery why Ted, who had a penchant for picking white LBs, didn't take TJ Watt.

Oh, and a puma is a cougar is a panther is a catamount. All Puma concolor.

Sparkey
12-21-2020, 08:34 PM
I'm on record as in favor of using the #1 pick for a stud Corner. Just the same, though, I think Chandon Sullivan, maybe Josh Jackson, maybe even Hollman would be at least as good as Kevin King. I absolutely hope we do NOT sign him for any significant money. Hell no, we won't miss him.

BTW, a puma is a mountain lion, not a panther.

The mountain lion—also known as the cougar, puma, panther, or catamount

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2020, 08:55 PM
Not that it matters, but https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS929US929&q=Is+a+panther+a+real+animal%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi0_KbhyeDtAhVKQq0KHVxPDjoQzmd6BAgREAk&biw=1600&bih=789 - the gist of which is: "The Panther (also commonly known as the Black Panther) is a large member of the Big Cat family, native to Asia, Africa and the Americas. The Panther is not a distinct species itself but is the general name used to refer to any black coloured feline of the Big Cat family, most notably Leopards and Jaguars."

and https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS929US929&biw=1600&bih=789&ei=Ml_hX7HdN4i4tQWUl5vwCA&q=puma+animal&gs_ssp=eJzj4tDP1TfITkszNmD04i4ozU1USMzLzE3MAQBQ4Ad D&oq=puma&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgcILhBDEJMCMg0ILhCxAxDHARC jAhBDMgIIADIECAAQQzIECAAQQzIICAAQsQMQgwEyBQguELEDM gUIABCxAzIFCAAQsQMyAggAOgQILhBDOgoILhDHARCjAhBDOgU IABDJAzoFCAAQkgM6AgguUJO8E1ibyhNgvOUTaABwAXgAgAGLA YgBsQOSAQMzLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6wAEB&sclient=psy-ab - which says: "https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Puma_(genus)Pumas are large, secretive cats. They are also commonly known as cougars and mountain lions, and are able to reach larger sizes than some other "big" cat individuals. Despite their large size, they are thought to be more closely related to smaller feline species.

I don't see any overlap there between pumas and panthers.

George Cumby
12-22-2020, 09:55 AM
I don't see any overlap there between pumas and panthers.

That's because you are stupid in addition to being a shitty human being.

Jaire
12-22-2020, 10:32 AM
I don't view Kevin King as anything more than just a guy. Look at how slow he was running that ball back on Saturday. I really doubt there is that big of a drop off to 37.

He's not 100%. At full strength, he's a black puma.

I would move on because of availability. Next year seems like a deep draft (unlike the last which was very weak and will make Gute look like genius IF Dillard is what MLF saw).

Joemailman
12-22-2020, 10:44 AM
He's a Packer so he must be:

TAXONOMY :
The currently accepted scientific name for the mountain lion is Puma
concolor Linnaeus [63]. It is in the family Felidae and subfamily Felinae.
Thirty subspecies are generally recognized worldwide. Thirteen of these
occur in North America north of Mexico [12,19]:

Puma concolor azteca Merriam
Puma concolor browni Merriam (Yuma puma)
Puma concolor californica May
Puma concolor costaricensis (Costa Rican puma)
Puma concolor coryi Bangs (Florida panther)
Puma concolor couguar Kerr (eastern cougar)
Puma concolor hippolestes Merriam
Puma concolor kaibabensis Nelson and Goldman
Puma concolor missoulensis Goldman
Puma concolor olympus Merriam
Puma concolor oregonensis (Rafinesque)
Puma concolor shorgeri Jackson (Wisconsin puma)
Puma concolor stanleyana Goldman (Texas panther)
Puma concolor vancouverensis Nelson and Goldman

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 10:45 AM
What’s up Jaire.

I think a lot of the team needs some recovery. Which is why I will be happy to end my thread streak versus the bears if they sit starters, which I think is what will happen. The near choke job against Carolina is the best thing for this team before a matchup with a heavyweight like the Titans. The A game will be on this weekend.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 10:49 AM
He's a Packer so he must be:

TAXONOMY :
The currently accepted scientific name for the mountain lion is Puma
concolor Linnaeus [63]. It is in the family Felidae and subfamily Felinae.
Thirty subspecies are generally recognized worldwide. Thirteen of these
occur in North America north of Mexico [12,19]:

Puma concolor azteca Merriam
Puma concolor browni Merriam (Yuma puma)
Puma concolor californica May
Puma concolor costaricensis (Costa Rican puma)
Puma concolor coryi Bangs (Florida panther)
Puma concolor couguar Kerr (eastern cougar)
Puma concolor hippolestes Merriam
Puma concolor kaibabensis Nelson and Goldman
Puma concolor missoulensis Goldman
Puma concolor olympus Merriam
Puma concolor oregonensis (Rafinesque)
Puma concolor shorgeri Jackson (Wisconsin puma)
Puma concolor stanleyana Goldman (Texas panther)
Puma concolor vancouverensis Nelson and GoldmanWe need Bretsky to chime in with his knowledge of WI Cougars.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2020, 12:55 PM

Eat shit and die, you whiny little piss ant.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2020, 12:58 PM
He's not 100%. At full strength, he's a black puma.

Only if Carolina offers him the biggest contract hahahahaha.

Joemailman
12-22-2020, 01:25 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/2K2LP96korAUd2vSAP-6x2g5Ny1uMqnz_WCKTTxh2JER-IWqYtI3usi8o-x_IcxWAP9rAmBRrwfkQWdIE4Q5vlrWMl_Mg4toTL9apwLqhb8o 8_unYgMDzvOm4OtSMhChn1E7ayMWB-Ea

GB-Brandon
12-22-2020, 01:34 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/2K2LP96korAUd2vSAP-6x2g5Ny1uMqnz_WCKTTxh2JER-IWqYtI3usi8o-x_IcxWAP9rAmBRrwfkQWdIE4Q5vlrWMl_Mg4toTL9apwLqhb8o 8_unYgMDzvOm4OtSMhChn1E7ayMWB-Ea

No kidding and people complain about me when all I’ve done is try to line peoples pockets for Christmas.

George Cumby
12-22-2020, 01:51 PM

Always wishing other people dead or shitting upon the dead.

Proof positive, lol.

hoosier
12-22-2020, 03:03 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/ff/1f/f6ff1fd6f7f9f7c5f710ad13c06a3843.gif

run pMc
12-22-2020, 04:03 PM
"Boy, that escalated quickly." - Ron Burgundy

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 05:04 PM
Always wishing other people dead or shitting upon the dead.

Proof positive, lol.Hey you’re the dumbass willing to die for him to tell you that! (Sig :lol:)

George Cumby
12-22-2020, 05:11 PM
^ ROFLMAO