Giants
12. San Francisco 49ers 5-9 Head to head tie-breaker over New York Giants
13. New York Giants 5-9
14. Philadelphia Eagles 4-9-1
15. Atlanta Falcons 4-10 Better winning pct. in common games than Carolina
16. Carolina Panthers 4-10
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Playoff Clinching Scenarios Very Unofficial

Packers have clinched NFC North. Packers can clinch the #1 seed with a win and a loss by Seattle

Saints have clinched playoff spot. Saints can clinch NFC South with a win or Tampa Bay loss. Saints can clinch #2 seed with a win and Seattle loss.

Seahawks have clinched a playoff spot. Seahawks can clinch NFC West with a win over Rams.

Football Team can clinch NFC East with a win and losses by Dallas and New York Giants.

Cardinals can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a Bears loss.
__________________________________________________ __________________________

Key Week 17 Games

Minnesota at New Orleans
Tampa Bay at Detroit
San Francisco at Arizona
Carolina at Washington
Chicago at Jacksonville
New York Giants at Baltimore
Philadelphia at Dallas
Los Angeles Rams at Seattle
Tennessee at Green Bay

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Playoffs? Are you fucking kidding me, playoffs? We couldn’t even punch the rock in in the 2nd half against the hapless Carolina Pussycats! I have better odds of wooing Olivia Reiner than the Packers have of winning the fucking Super Bowl!

The Shadow
12-21-2020, 11:26 AM
The Packers might consider eliminating the countless quick- throws- in- the- flat -to- wide receivers-for-1-one-yard-gains.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 12:36 PM
They just can’t seem to put a complete together for whatever reason and they will need to do very soon or the season will be over.

Tony Oday
12-21-2020, 01:13 PM
the Packers did not care about the game after the 21 points. I think they were just trying random stuff.

hoosier
12-21-2020, 01:27 PM
They just can’t seem to put a complete together for whatever reason and they will need to do very soon or the season will be over.

You mean Pack can't match the consistency of the Rams (J-E-T-S!!!) or the Colts (blew a 2 td lead in fourth quarter to lowly Texans) or Sea Squawks (Giants!)? Most teams have warts, Packers doing a pretty good job managing theirs and showing up when it counts.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:01 PM
You mean Pack can't match the consistency of the Rams (J-E-T-S!!!) or the Colts (blew a 2 td lead in fourth quarter to lowly Texans) or Sea Squawks (Giants!)? Most teams have warts, Packers doing a pretty good job managing theirs and showing up when it counts.

Those teams also have convincing wins though. The Packers appear to be more or less sleep walking for quite some time now.

HarveyWallbangers
12-21-2020, 02:02 PM
The Chiefs have won 6 consecutive games by one score.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:34 PM
The Chiefs have won 6 consecutive games by one score.

And 4 of those teams are in playoff contention with 3 making the playoffs if season ended today(all on the road).

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:41 PM
My god. Rodgers even came out and said the Packers aren’t winning in the Playoffs with the way they have been playing. Get over it!!!

hoosier
12-21-2020, 03:34 PM
Those teams also have convincing wins though. The Packers appear to be more or less sleep walking for quite some time now.

Tied for fourth best in NFL in point differential. 2+ score wins in second half of season vs. San Fran, Chicago and Philly. I have no problem with glass-half-empty perspectives, it helps to balance out the Tex's of the world, but your glass has a permanent hole in it! :)

hoosier
12-21-2020, 03:35 PM
"Get over it," writes the poster who needs to get over himself already.

George Cumby
12-21-2020, 06:57 PM
My god. Rodgers even came out and said the Packers aren’t winning in the Playoffs with the way they have been playing. Get over it!!!

So the fuck what?

Hardly the first time a QB or other team leader has called out the team on their quality of play.

If the Pack plays up to their potential they can do well in the playoffs.

If they play their best and get lucky they may make the Owl and might even win it.

They don't play up to their potential, they might be one and done.

So what? The mere fact we are having this conversation, that they have the inside track to the #1 seed is great.

You are so tiresome.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 07:38 PM
I’m not gonna argue about it. Rodgers said what needed to be said. If they can’t figure out to expand the playbook with the talent they have and stop the run and play sound special teams the one seed will all be for nothing.

Bretsky
12-21-2020, 08:30 PM
Enjoy the ride; I love winning and we're doing a ton of it.

You've put yourself in a pretty unique position. Only one team of 32 wins it all. You seem to have put yourself in position to declare yourself right if we're not that one team

I've hammered on Gutebag plenty and I still detest the Love selection when their were WR's out there who IMO would be our 2nd most talented WR option.

But I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

If/when Gutebag kicks an elite QB for the Curb a year or more early for the Love Machine than I'll joint the 'what a dumbfck train"

But right now in this horrid time I'm going to enjoy the ride, even when it doesn't take us to a Super Bowl victory this year.

smuggler
12-21-2020, 09:50 PM
Coherent, thoughtful, high quality words.

Holy shit! Great post brother

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 10:33 PM
Enjoy the ride; I love winning and we're doing a ton of it.

You've put yourself in a pretty unique position. Only one team of 32 wins it all. You seem to have put yourself in position to declare yourself right if we're not that one team

I've hammered on Gutebag plenty and I still detest the Love selection when their were WR's out there who IMO would be our 2nd most talented WR option.

But I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

If/when Gutebag kicks an elite QB for the Curb a year or more early for the Love Machine than I'll joint the 'what a dumbfck train"

But right now in this horrid time I'm going to enjoy the ride, even when it doesn't take us to a Super Bowl victory this year.

It’s really not a unique position though. This team was 13-3 and one game from the Super Bowl last year and has the same weakness this year. The only difference is Rodgers is playing better and we’re not getting as many turnovers with the special teams regressing.

We’ll see if it’s enough to get over the hump. Trust me when I say I’d much rather be wrong and get over the hump then be right in any of this.

Jaire
12-22-2020, 09:34 AM
...Hardly the first time a QB or other team leader has called out the team on their quality of play.......

So what? The mere fact we are having this conversation, that they have the inside track to the #1 seed is great.

You are so tiresome.

Exactly. The only team that worries me at all in the NFC are the Bucs. NFC is down this year. KC in the Super Bowl would be a shoot out and I actually like the Packers' chances.

The negativity is absurd. Defense is starting to come together with a lot of young talent. Offense is 2 points from being number one. Just look at the Rams, Steelers, N'awlins games this weekend. No one stands out this year imo.

Zool
12-22-2020, 11:14 AM
I can't say enough how much better this place is with Brandon blocked.

Click his username on the left.
At the new screen, on the left hand side, you'll see something that says Add to Ignore List.
Click that, then on the next screen it says "Are you sure?". Click yes.
Profit

Joemailman
12-26-2020, 05:00 PM
Buccaneers have clinched a playoff spot with win over Lions.

Joemailman
12-26-2020, 07:19 PM
Looks like Bears will move into last playoff spot if they beat Jaguars.

George Cumby
12-27-2020, 09:21 AM
Despite everything, the NFL's season design makes shit entertaining this time of year.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 12:32 PM
It’s a “Double Win.” Certain fan bases are still involved in week 16 & 17. NFL makes more $ having more meaningful games in week 16 and 17 and more eyeballs on the screen.

HarveyWallbangers
12-27-2020, 01:30 PM
Interesting facts:

The Chiefs have won 6 straight games by one score. Eight of their 13 victories have been by one score. Only four of the Packers 11 victories have been by one score.

I was watching the Colts-Steelers game, and Romo talked about how complete of a team the Colts are, so I thought I'd look at some stats. I looked at traditional stats. I looked at points/game, yards/game, rush yards/game, pass yards/game, sacks, 3rd down % on both offense and defense + turnover margin.

The Colts are pretty balanced on both sides of the ball. The Colts rank in the top half of the league in all but three categories (22nd in 3rd down % on offense, 17th in pass yards/game on defense, 21st in 3rd down % on defense).

The Chiefs rank in the top half of the league in all but two categories (20th in rush yards/game on defense, 22nd in sacks on defense).

The Buccaneers rank in the top half of the league in all but two categories (28th in rush yards/game on offense, 22nd in pass yards/game on defense).

The Rams rank in the top half of the league in all but one category (17th in points/game on offense).

The Packers are the only team that rank in the top half of the league in every category. I know this doesn't include advanced stats, but it was interesting. On top of that, the Packers were actually top 10 in every category--except points/game allowed (14th).

The Packers ranks:

OFFENSE
3rd in points/game
4th in yards/game
8th in rush yards/game
7th in pass yards/game
4th in sacks allowed
3rd in 3rd down %

DEFENSE
14th in points/game
8th in yards/game
11th in rush yards/game
10th in pass yards/game
10th in sacks
10th in 3rd down %

8th in turnover margin

For turnover margin, they are actually tied for first in giveaways, but 29th in takeaways. Need turnover luck on defense.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 01:34 PM
Interesting facts:

The Chiefs have won 6 straight games by one score. Eight of their 13 victories have been by one score. Only four of the Packers 11 victories have been by one score.

I was watching the Colts-Steelers game, and Romo talked about how complete of a team the Colts are, so I thought I'd look at some stats. I looked at traditional stats. I looked at points/game, yards/game, rush yards/game, pass yards/game, sacks, 3rd down % on both offense and defense + turnover margin.

The Colts are pretty balanced on both sides of the ball. The Colts rank in the top half of the league in all but three categories (22nd in 3rd down % on offense, 17th in pass yards/game on defense, 21st in 3rd down % on defense).

The Chiefs rank in the top half of the league in all but two categories (20th in rush yards/game on defense, 22nd in sacks on defense).

The Buccaneers rank in the top half of the league in all but two categories (28th in rush yards/game on offense, 22nd in pass yards/game on defense).

The Rams rank in the top half of the league in all but one category (17th in points/game on offense).

The Packers are the only team that rank in the top half of the league in every category. I know this doesn't include advanced stats, but it was interesting. On top of that, the Packers were actually top 10 in every category--except points/game allowed (14th).

The Packers ranks:

OFFENSE
3rd in points/game
4th in yards/game
8th in rush yards/game
7th in pass yards/game
4th in sacks allowed
3rd in 3rd down %

DEFENSE
14th in points/game
8th in yards/game
11th in rush yards/game
10th in pass yards/game
10th in sacks
10th in 3rd down %

8th in turnover margin

For turnover margin, they are actually tied for first in giveaways, but 29th in takeaways. Need turnover luck on defense.

With the Colts(including the Steelers Today) playing 6 teams with a winning record. I suppose you could include the Packers now with the Bears but we all know the Bears are a giant Fraud. All this is simple. Let’s beat the Titans Tonight!!!!

Joemailman
12-27-2020, 06:55 PM
Seahawks have clinched the NFCW and no worse than the #3 seed.

If the Giants beat Dallas, and Eagles beat Washington, there will be a 3 way tie tie at the "top" of the NFC Least at 6-10.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 08:28 PM
Seahawks have clinched the NFCW and no worse than the #3 seed.

If the Giants beat Dallas, and Eagles beat Washington, there will be a 3 way tie tie at the "top" of the NFC Least at 6-10.

And if that happens the Giants win the division.

HarveyWallbangers
12-27-2020, 10:11 PM
Back to first in points scored. We have a nice 22 point lead over the Chiefs heading into the final week.

Zool
12-27-2020, 10:16 PM
Back to first in points scored. We have a nice 22 point lead over the Chiefs heading into the final week.

I was wondering if they had that in mind when they threw deep to Davante on 3rd.

KYPack
12-27-2020, 10:31 PM
Harve and the B-Man with great posts?

we can't be beat.

Joemailman
12-27-2020, 10:47 PM
Packers get #1 seed with a win or tie or a loss or tie by Seattle. Packers and Seattle will be playing at the same time.