PDA

View Full Version : The Official Packers vs Tennessee Tyrants Discussion Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2020, 01:15 PM
If the Seagulls prove victorious over the Sheep, this game could prove to be as meaningless as the Flynn 6 TDs game, at least in Packers lores. Might be a good game to see if Jordan Love Hewitt has any Kung Fu. Rest the starters for the epic showdown in Chi-town?!?!

Or are you like me? I subscribe to the theory that if the Packers can’t beat the Tennessee Tyrants, the Packers ain’t deserve the #1 seed.

As my pal Partial likes to say, discuss.

Jaire
12-21-2020, 01:26 PM
Put Jaire on Brown and double Davis. That is their entire passing game. They don't have WR3 at all and not much with which to attack the middle (our weakness).

Just have to make a couple stops on Henry, who will get his. I would put the young guys in. Martin, Barnes, and Scott just need to make a few plays. They will give some up too of course.

I think we match up better than most other teams.

hoosier
12-21-2020, 01:34 PM
I think you meant if the Sea Squawks LOSE against the Rams. If they win, Packers need to beat Bares next week to clinch. I don't think "resting" starters is ever a good idea: with reduced preseason and practices, they need all the work together they can get. Don't rush injured players back, but healthy players play.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Put Jaire on Brown and double Davis. That is their entire passing game. They don't have WR3 at all and not much with which to attack the middle (our weakness).

Just have to make a couple stops on Henry, who will get his. I would put the young guys in. Martin, Barnes, and Scott just need to make a few plays. They will give some up too of course.

I think we match up better than most other teams.

Henry is likely licking his chops at the thought of facing Cletidus Clark and the Northwestern Milksops. I wouldn’t mind seeing a bunch of Cover-0’s. Entice Tannehill to gunsling.

CaptainKickass
12-21-2020, 01:50 PM
I've watched/read zero about The Tennessee Titties this season. What's your take on their defense vs the Packers offense? Match-up strengths? Weaknesses?

Anti-Polar Bear
12-21-2020, 01:55 PM
I think you meant if the Sea Squawks LOSE against the Rams. If they win, Packers need to beat Bares next week to clinch. I don't think "resting" starters is ever a good idea: with reduced preseason and practices, they need all the work together they can get. Don't rush injured players back, but healthy players play.

If the Seagull lose, the #1 seed would be on the line, and therefore, this game would be meaningful. The Packers won’t clinch the bye this week unless they win AND the Rams, too, win.

Joemailman
12-21-2020, 02:06 PM
I've watched/read zero about The Tennessee Titties this season. What's your take on their defense vs the Packers offense? Match-up strengths? Weaknesses?

I haven't really seen them. Just looking at stats, their run defense is average. Pass defense is below average. Their pass defense is 29th in yards given up. They've surrendered 29 TD passes, but have 13 INT's. They are last in the NFL in sacks with 14. You can bet they will try to control the ball on offense with their running game and keep the Packers offense on the sidelines.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:07 PM
The Packers trying to tackle D. Henry in freezing temps. LOL!!!! Just what the doctor ordered in another “Getting Exposed” game right before the playoffs. This one won’t be pretty as LaFluer will ultimately clam up once again with his vaunted “WR Screen Attack” and continuing failure on special teams!!!!

Jaire
12-21-2020, 02:14 PM
If the Seagull lose, the #1 seed would be on the line, and therefore, this game would be meaningful. The Packers won’t clinch the bye this week unless they win AND the Rams, too, win.
LA owns Seattle.

Statement game from the much maligned Packers D. I like the matchups a lot. Pettine, keep it simple and let the young players loose.

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2020, 02:20 PM
We can mostly shut Henry down if we are willing to take some chances in pass coverage. I remember some games we had against Adrian Peterson in his prime. Henry is not better than that. If the offense gets us ahead also, they would probably use Henry less, and that certainly ought to happen.

I expect this to be a fairly high scoring game with the Packers coming out ahead - not playing like crap in the second half.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:24 PM
We can mostly shut Henry down if we are willing to take some chances in pass coverage. I remember some games we had against Adrian Peterson in his prime. Henry is not better than that. If the offense gets us ahead also, they would probably use Henry less, and that certainly ought to happen.

I expect this to be a fairly high scoring game with the Packers coming out ahead - not playing like crap in the second half.

When has the Packers front 7 shown they can shut any power run team down that is at full strength in the Pettine era? Please remind me?

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:25 PM
We can’t shut shit down!!!

Spaulding
12-21-2020, 03:27 PM
We can’t shut shit down!!!

Hate to agree with Mr. Apocalypse but this is a bad matchup for us. Even in our wins against the Saints and Vikings to start the year we were giving up over six yards a carry I believe.

Unless we start out fast and light up the scoreboard (a possibility given our past body of work), I fear that Titans will just run it down the Packers throat with the only thing preventing them from winning the game is the Packers winning the turnover battle.

This is the same type of game we lost last year against the 49ers it feels and so if we can win this game then the playoff prospects brighten considerably.

Tony Oday
12-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Titans Defense sucks. They run like crazy and that is a weakness for us, Play action is their gig but I think they only have to WR threats so again we match up there. Should win this one pretty easy.

George Cumby
12-21-2020, 03:36 PM

I watched the Colts dismember the Titans in Tennessee.

Titans couldn't stop shit and looked lackadaisical, like they didn't want to be there.

Reich outcoached Vrabel in that game IMO.

run pMc
12-21-2020, 05:32 PM
Titans defense should be better than it is, but yeah statistically it's not good.
They have some good playmakers in AJ Brown, Corey Davis, and Jonnu Smith. They have a thing called Firsker also. Oh, and Derrick Henry.

I'd expect a high scoring game. TEN is all over the place - they will either look like a 5 win team or a 12 win team at any given time. Coin flip game, but because of Henry and the Packers run defense I think people expect the Titans to pave a highway down the field. They have to play this team like they would play the Vikings, only Henry isn't as good a receiver as Cook. Might be a good game for Anthony Rush and his 350+ pounds to sit on Henry.

Zool
12-21-2020, 09:49 PM

Titans couldn't stop shit and looked lackadaisical, like they didn't want to be there.

Sounds like the second half a few weeks ago.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2020, 12:28 AM
A lot of good teams have been having trouble beating a lot of supposedly weak ones lately. The Packers at least survived and won, and arguably, those teams giving us trouble were better than their records. We need to snap out of the funk, though, against Tennessee. I expect we will do that. To those saying it's a bad matchup, I say better to have to outscore a bigtime offense than to get in a battle with a tough defense. We've got one of each coming up the next too weeks.

Fritz
12-22-2020, 09:57 AM

This is a beautiful, eloquent response to APB.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 10:20 AM
If Packers put down the Titans is everyone ok with sitting starters vs Bears and pretty much forfeiting the game?

Jaire
12-22-2020, 10:21 AM
If Packers put down the Titans is everyone ok with sitting starters vs Bears and pretty much forfeiting the game?

Start second string AND beat da bears.

Smidgeon
12-22-2020, 10:44 AM

He tends to do that. Reich is a solid coach.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 10:55 AM
Start second string AND beat da bears.Bears might be in the mix for playoffs so I don’t think that will work. Does pride override common sense? Or maybe common sense is playing the starters to avoid a repeat of 2011.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-22-2020, 10:59 AM

Only if the Rams TKO the Seagulls this week. The Packers can’t clinch the #1 seed simply by beating the Tyrants. Need a win + a Seagull loss.

Alternatively, a Packer win over the Tyrants + a Packers loss against the Bears in wk 17 + a Seagull win over the Rams + a Seagulls loss against your second favorite team, the 69ers in wk 17 = Packers clinch the bye. 69ers are tanking for a high draft pick to play with Carson Wentz in ‘21. Ain’t no fucking way in hell the 69ers are gonna defeat the Seagulls in Week 17.

If the Seagulls beat the Rams, and the Packers will know the outcome of that game beforehand, the Packers might be better off playing J-Love THIS week against Tennessee.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 11:04 AM
Not bad APB and yeah I also mean what will be the scenario after this weekend.

I’m also wanting to see some Love on the field.

George Cumby
12-22-2020, 11:45 AM
I want me some Love, too, but I think they need to play the starters for the first half, at least.

Fritz
12-22-2020, 01:40 PM

I'd say so.

On another topic, Lions fired their very successful ST coach for stepping on Bevell's toes. What about LeFleur making a gutsy move and firing Meningitis, then hire this guy to straighten out the ST by the playoffs?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/12/22/detroit-lions-firing-brayden-coombs-fallout/3999524001/

Joemailman
12-22-2020, 01:44 PM

Not if they have a shot at the playoffs. I want the Packers to knock them out of the playoffs on the last play of the game.

Jaire
12-22-2020, 03:14 PM
Bears might be in the mix for playoffs so I don’t think that will work. Does pride override common sense? Or maybe common sense is playing the starters to avoid a repeat of 2011.

That was because the giants had the front four. I was just kidding about starting 2nd string against Chicago. Take care of business this weekend.

Freak Out
12-22-2020, 08:07 PM
Man...I'm confused as to what the Pack needs to do now to get the #1 seed. Win out? Just beat the Bares?

George Cumby
12-22-2020, 08:21 PM
Not if they have a shot at the playoffs. I want the Packers to knock them out of the playoffs on the last play of the game.

You are a, or have the heart of, a stone-cold assassin.

I....... approve.

Joemailman
12-22-2020, 08:24 PM
Man...I'm confused as to what the Pack needs to do now to get the #1 seed. Win out? Just beat the Bares?

Win this week while Seahawks lose to Rams or beat Bears last game. They could probably lose both and still finish #1 if they got a lot of help.

Guiness
12-22-2020, 08:28 PM
Bears might be in the mix for playoffs so I don’t think that will work. Does pride override common sense? Or maybe common sense is playing the starters to avoid a repeat of 2011.

this

If they win, they get a week off. 3 weeks between games? Just no.

Not sure how all the scenarios work out (read APB's post and it made me slightly light headed) but I'd be in favour of resting them if they have the division and no shot at the #1 seed.

Joemailman
12-22-2020, 10:14 PM
this

If they win, they get a week off. 3 weeks between games? Just no.

Not sure how all the scenarios work out (read APB's post and it made me slightly light headed) but I'd be in favour of resting them if they have the division and no shot at the #1 seed.

If they beat the Bears, they have the #1 seed even if they have lost to the Titans. So there is no scenario where they would be playing the Bears with no chance at the #1 seed.

Upnorth
12-23-2020, 09:20 AM
Anyone else feel like this game is really about our run d hrs their pass d? Their I is better balanced but our d is better than theirs especially over the last few weeks.

As to resting in wk 17 even if we could I want our starters to get in a quarter of play. Then let the love shine. And continue the legend of the legs.

Jaire
12-23-2020, 12:56 PM
Anyone else feel like this game is really about our run d hrs their pass d? Their I is better balanced but our d is better than theirs especially over the last few weeks.

As to resting in wk 17 even if we could I want our starters to get in a quarter of play. Then let the love shine. And continue the legend of the legs.

I want to see them physical against the run. However, it's more important to just get a couple stops on Henry and shut down their 2 receivers which they can do. On the other side, will the Packers punt? Can they increase the percentage of their NUMBER ONE red zone offense?

Folks are sleeping on GB. They are better than last year and they won't face San Fran. Best Arod team except 2010 and maybe 2014.

Zool
12-23-2020, 01:36 PM
https://i.redd.it/brutnxbggy661.png

Joemailman
12-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Z Smith just hurts all over.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep843TDXcAIEmhR?format=jpg&name=large

hoosier
12-23-2020, 03:42 PM
That is one long list. Would be nice to see Barnes, Gary, and Z, Gary especially, healthy come Sunday.

GB-Brandon
12-23-2020, 04:22 PM
These lists are always long this time of year. That’s why the bye is so important. The Packers need to win this game against the Titans for many reasons. This is a huge game!!!!

It’s called Shit or get off the pot!!!

GB-Brandon
12-23-2020, 04:28 PM
This game is simple! AR12 is going to have to play like “MVP Aaron” and I believe he will. That’s what I am betting on!!!

This will be an opportunity for Pettine to also show he can adjust and slow down a power run game. He has to make some adjustments!!!! I believe he finally will. Our secondary is good enough handle the pressure. Let the kids Fucken play!!!!

They have invested a king’s ransom in the secondary and it’s time to unleash it!!!

GB-Brandon
12-23-2020, 06:20 PM
You basically have 3 first round picks in this secondary and high paid FA Pick Up along with some decent supplemental guys. It’s time!!!

Pettine needs to commit to the run and let these guys play back there. They might get beat a couple times but let them compete and get after it. If not then why in the hell was so much invested in this group? It’s Time!!! You gotta put the game on your $ players!!!

It’s our only chance to go the distance!!!

GB-Brandon
12-23-2020, 06:23 PM
I’m tired of coddling this secondary. It’s Fucken go time!!

Joemailman
12-24-2020, 12:05 AM
So there was Elf on a shelf, Bakhtiari on safari, and Tonyan on an onion.

Can you name it?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep9eya9XMAEkxp2?format=jpg&name=medium

hoosier
12-24-2020, 07:56 AM
Zee on a tree?

Joemailman
12-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Z behind a tree.

hoosier
12-24-2020, 08:29 AM
The preposition of the month is clearly "on," not "behind." No moving the goal posts!

bobblehead
12-24-2020, 12:50 PM
This is a game the Pack must win to be taken seriously as an Owl contender. At home against a tough AFC opponent. Just has the colts had to beat us in their house to be taken seriously. Teams that can win the Owl win these games. Especially late in the season with the bye week on the line.

Make no mistake Tennessee is a horrible matchup for us. They run equal or better than any team in the NFL. They have 2 very good WR. The QB is no longer named Marcus. We will score on them, because despite having "no WR" we are the top scoring offense in the entire league. The question will be (as I said it would when others were whining about offensive talent) can we even slow them down. The D has played better in recent weeks, but this is the test of the season. I honestly can't think of a team in the NFL (not named "Packers") that has the balance on offense that this team does. Win this and the Pack is easily the team to beat out of the NFC.

Joemailman
12-24-2020, 05:26 PM
Bills release Jake Kumerow!!!

Joemailman
12-24-2020, 05:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqCGZj2XIAg6D8A?format=jpg&name=medium

bobblehead
12-24-2020, 05:49 PM
Bills release Jake Kumerow!!!

Pick him up. I have a feeling we will need a scouting report from the inside on the Bills in just over a month.

Joemailman
12-25-2020, 06:49 PM
Pick him up. I have a feeling we will need a scouting report from the inside on the Bills in just over a month.

Saints claimed Kumerow.

Teamcheez1
12-25-2020, 07:05 PM
Saints claimed Kumerow.

Saints had 3 of their top 4 receivers out today. They need a body.

Fritz
12-26-2020, 07:36 AM
Saints had 3 of their top 4 receivers out today. They need a body.

Hah! So you think. He's going to develop into an All Pro receiver now. The Packers are so dumb!

Upnorth
12-26-2020, 07:43 AM
Any news on aj browns ankle? He has a big impact on their passing game.

Zool
12-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Any news on aj browns ankle? He has a big impact on their passing game.

I’m heading over there today to give him the Gillooli treatment.

bobblehead
12-26-2020, 11:06 AM
Hah! So you think. He's going to develop into an All Pro receiver now. The Packers are so dumb!

I swear to God if its Taysom Hill to Kumerow to knock us out of the playoffs I'm going to....I don't know, but something bad!!

bobblehead
12-26-2020, 11:06 AM
I’m heading over there today to give him the Gillooli treatment.

Just leave Cory Davis alone. I still want Pack to sign him this offseason.

Joemailman
12-26-2020, 06:26 PM
Packers activate Corey Linsley from IR. Brian Price and Dexter Williams elevated from PS for game day.

https://primary-cdn-shortstop.espn.net/cdae0d63-8c34-4b1e-82a6-792e1a0d54d5.png

Joemailman
12-27-2020, 08:58 AM
Anybody for late season Snacks?

Bill Huber Retweeted
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
3h
#Seahawks DT Damon “Snacks” Harrison asked for his release after learning he’d be inactive today against the #Rams, and the team plans to grant it next week, per sources. Seattle loves Snacks and hopes he has a change of heart, but seems his mind is made up. He’d go on waivers.

George Cumby
12-27-2020, 09:15 AM

Jared Cook made a couple plays for the Saints as well. Ty Montgomery sighting as well.

Fritz
12-27-2020, 09:52 AM
Jared Cook made a couple plays for the Saints as well. Ty Montgomery sighting as well.

See? SEE? The Packers always cut great players because they can't recognize talent! Taysom Hill is going to be an All Pro quarterback, throwing to All Pro receiver Jake Kumerow, handing off the ball to All Pro Ty Montgomery, throwing TD passes to All Pro Jared Cook (okay, not re-signing Cook really was a mistake).

Fritz
12-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Anybody for late season Snacks?

If they think he could be better than Rush or Lancaster or Mt. Adams, then yes.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Snowing here at Lambeau. It’s light but it’s snowing.

HarveyWallbangers
12-27-2020, 02:23 PM
Weather is not on our side. Temps below 20 with snow and wind gusts up to 25 mph. Reminds me of the Vikings game. Terrible wind when playing a team with Dalvin Cook (now Derrick Henry). At least, we have Aaron Jones in this game. Then again, the weather will be like this in the playoffs. However, we won't play Cook or Henry in the playoffs.

Freak Out
12-27-2020, 02:51 PM
Ball control with Jones and AJ.

George Cumby
12-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Is Dillon good to go?

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 04:25 PM
We could see a dose of Dillion tonight. This has all the feel of a late December game at Lambeau!!! I love Rodgers in these games!!!

texaspackerbacker
12-27-2020, 04:50 PM
Packers running it a lot will be expected so Rodgers and our passing game will have a big night against the mediocre Titan pass D. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen the other way with the Packers D selling out to stop Henry and going light on pass coverage. Packers win it comfortably.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-27-2020, 07:06 PM
Packers running it a lot will be expected so Rodgers and our passing game will have a big night against the mediocre Titan pass D. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen the other way with the Packers D selling out to stop Henry and going light on pass coverage. Packers win it comfortably.

Apparently, the coaching staff thinks they can defend Henry with Cletidus Clark and the NW Milksops, as Rush is inactive.

With the Gulls winning their game, this is a meaningless game in Packers lore. Alas, we won’t get to see Love, as he, too, ain’t suiting up.

Cheesehead Craig
12-27-2020, 07:07 PM
If only there were a gameday thread...

Joemailman
12-27-2020, 09:57 PM
The Packers trying to tackle D. Henry in freezing temps. LOL!!!! Just what the doctor ordered in another “Getting Exposed” game right before the playoffs. This one won’t be pretty as LaFluer will ultimately clam up once again with his vaunted “WR Screen Attack” and continuing failure on special teams!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL

Zool
12-27-2020, 10:01 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

Swing and a miss!

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 11:00 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

If you hadn’t noticed I switched mid-week on this game and was even pushing people to bet on the Packers so not sure what your laughing at. I even posted above that I thought Dillon could be a big a part of the game and had multiple posts about how I thought Aaron would play like “MVP Aaron” and I expect him to win the MVP after today.

On defense it was nice to see Pettine adjust a little and play more “Base D” on early downs. The secondary has always been talented and it’s nice to see the development pay off minus King. I’ve been posting about Amos for weeks now and talking of improvement by Savage. Once again it’s nice to see it all get put together.

This was the effort everyone I and a lot of people needed to see against a quality opponent late in the season before raising levels of excitement. After all of the heartbreak and a questionable draft I think it’s more then fair so whatever.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 11:03 PM
We still gotta beat the Bears next week to wrap up the 1 seed. Let’s not start popping the champagne bottles just yet!!!!

Bretsky
12-27-2020, 11:08 PM
We still gotta beat the Bears next week to wrap up the 1 seed. Let’s not start popping the champagne bottles just yet!!!!

I have no Super Bowl Expectations. I think our weaknesses will pop out when matched against a DL who can rush the passer and cover Devante.

But now you fess up. You do expect us to beat the Bears, don't you ?

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 11:15 PM
I have no Super Bowl Expectations. I think our weaknesses will pop out when matched against a DL who can rush the passer and cover Devante.

But now you fess up. You do expect us to beat the Bears, don't you ?

Yeah, we should beat the Bears but it’s the NFL and anything can happen. I would be shocked if we lost to the Bears though.

I think if the Packers can draw certain teams in the playoffs they can make the Super Bowl and possibly win it depending who they play if they make the Super Bowl. It’s all gonna come down to match ups and a little bit of luck.

I have to say I’m really impressed with the safety play the Packers are getting right now. It’s A+. Gary is also starting to show some additional juice. If they can keep getting that type of play they can hang around in games with anybody I see in the league right now.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 11:18 PM
Then you have the new “Secret Weapon” AJ Dillon who isn’t so secret anymore who has been basically rested all year running on the Frozen Tundra In January and I like it.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 11:43 PM
https://youtu.be/2KhAzT2_2AE

George Cumby
12-27-2020, 11:45 PM
Then you have the new “Secret Weapon” AJ Dillon who isn’t so secret anymore who has been basically rested all year running on the Frozen Tundra In January and I like it.

Who was the kid from Buffalo they used same way last Super Bowl run?

Same deal, kept him on the shelf so he had fresh legs to close out the season and into the playoffs.

HarveyWallbangers
12-28-2020, 12:46 AM
Who was the kid from Buffalo they used same way last Super Bowl run?

Same deal, kept him on the shelf so he had fresh legs to close out the season and into the playoffs.

James Stark. Ryan Grant got injured early. Brandon Jackson was the starter most of the year. Then, they brought in Starks. Starks had 101 yards rushing during the regular season, and then proceeded to run for 315 yards in the playoffs.

George Cumby
12-28-2020, 12:49 AM
Thanks Harv.

Zool
12-28-2020, 01:11 AM
Dillon has a little Levens in his style. Not super shifty, but fast enough and strong as Mongo.

hoosier
12-28-2020, 07:17 AM
Good to get the Blazing Saddles reference in!!!

hoosier
12-28-2020, 08:46 AM
Anyone see an update on Rick Wagner's knee?

George Cumby
12-28-2020, 09:03 AM
Dillon has a little Levens in his style. Not super shifty, but fast enough and strong as Mongo.

IDK. I don't remember Levens being the battering ram that Dillon is. Dillon was carrying five Oilers last night at the end of one run.

GB-Brandon
12-28-2020, 10:45 AM
Dillon is 6 foot 245 ILB with MAX EXPLOSION. As long as he can keep his vision good he is a very dangerous weapon. I don’t know what more you could ask for with two possible home playoff games at Lambeau in January.

My comp on him was Earl Campbell and I had him as hands down the best pick of the entire Packers draft class.

Zool
12-28-2020, 10:54 AM
IDK. I don't remember Levens being the battering ram that Dillon is. Dillon was carrying five Oilers last night at the end of one run.

I used to call him Dorsey the Horsey cause he would carry people. I do think Dillon has a change to be better, but Levens was really good for 2 years. Dillon surprised me with his hands lastnight. One catch was negated with a penalty, but he looked pretty natural on that wheel route.

George Cumby
12-28-2020, 11:20 AM
I used to call him Dorsey the Horsey cause he would carry people. I do think Dillon has a change to be better, but Levens was really good for 2 years. Dillon surprised me with his hands lastnight. One catch was negated with a penalty, but he looked pretty natural on that wheel route.

Agreed, Dillon has more upside.

Joemailman
12-28-2020, 11:31 AM

Dillon got a bit of a rep as not being a good receiver but I think that's because Boston College didn't throw to him much. But when I watched some film of him after the draft, I saw what you saw last night. He's fine on screens and wheel routes.

HarveyWallbangers
12-28-2020, 11:35 AM

All of the receivers caught the ball well in bad conditions. That is one thing that stood out to me. With the wind, there were some tough balls that weren't right on people.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2020, 12:39 PM
As good as Dillon looked and can be, he is not an adequate replacement for Aaron Jones. He did, however, pretty much make Jamal Williams expendable. Having a potential top level power back AND the super speed back like Jones is pretty unique in the NFL now or maybe ever. I think they mentioned Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly last night, but I'm not sure there was much overlap in their careers.

On the negative side, Dillon did it on a slow track last night. Whether he will be that good in normal conditions remains to be seen.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2020, 12:41 PM
All of the receivers caught the ball well in bad conditions. That is one thing that stood out to me. With the wind, there were some tough balls that weren't right on people.

Right. Collingsworth was praising the shoes; Maybe he should have been praising the gloves.

GB-Brandon
12-28-2020, 01:25 PM
When I had Dillon mocked to Packers in some of my mocks in the 4th round area it was because of the question marks in his receiving game and being a complete back.

Then the combine came and he put on a SMOKE SHOW and ran nice routes and caught just about everything while showing massive athleticism!! That’s why Gute took him in 2nd.

If Eddy Lacy could be counted on then Dillon certainly can moving forward!!!

run pMc
12-28-2020, 04:07 PM
I thought Dillon would be a bad fit in the zone scheme MLF supposedly likes to run, but honestly none of GBs backs are naturals at it. When Gute picked him it was a head scratcher, but if they use him like last night he'll be fine and I'll eat a little crow. The first 2 carries were rough but after that he got better and I was yelling at the TV for MLF to keep feeding him. You could see he was starting to figure out the game speed and the aiming points. December football is different and you need to be able to run... having a hammer like Dillon will be important. Not sure his vision and feet are quite as good as rookie Lacy, but I think Dillon is a better and more committed athlete.

I don't know that one game means it's over for Jamaal or Jones, but the early returns look like they aren't keeping both. With the 2021 cap requiring some cuts, I could see them dumping Wagner, Kirksey, Preston and letting Jones walk and using their 10 draft picks to reload. The draft will be loaded with RB talent that will fall to the mid/late rounds.