PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Kevin Greene

Joemailman
12-21-2020, 05:46 PM
He passed away at the age of 58. This is a shocker. No cause of death given at this time.

Joemailman
12-21-2020, 05:51 PM
GREEN BAY – Former Packers assistant coach Kevin Greene died Monday at his home in Alabama at the age of 58.

Greene was Green Bay's outside linebackers coach on Mike McCarthy's staff for five seasons (2009-13), including the Packers' Super Bowl XLV championship year.

"The Packers were saddened today to learn of Kevin Greene's passing," Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy said. "He was a great coach for us and was instrumental in our team's Super Bowl championship season. He had so much energy and passion. Our players loved playing for him.

"We extend our sincerest condolences to Kevin's wife, Tara, and their entire family."

A star for four different teams in his playing career, Greene earned All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors as a member of the Rams, Steelers and Panthers, and also had a double-digit sack season with the 49ers. Drafted in the fifth round by the Rams in 1985 after a decorated college career at Auburn, Greene recorded 160 sacks over a 15-year NFL career, ranking third on the all-time list when he retired after the 1999 season.

He reached double-digit sacks 10 times, played in a Super Bowl with Pittsburgh in 1995, and was eventually inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016.

Greene brought that expertise and experience to coaching, joining the Packers' staff when Dom Capers was hired as defensive coordinator in 2009, which coincided with outside linebacker Clay Matthews' rookie year.

Matthews, a first-round draft pick in '09, would go on to earn Pro Bowl honors his first four years in the league under Greene's tutelage.

"To have him as my coach was tremendous in my development here," Matthews said a few months after Greene's Canton induction. "I think he was able to instill a lot of what he would call fundamentals and techniques on how to set the edge on the run, hand placement, head placement. Little nuances in the game."

Greene is famous in Packers lore for an NFL Films clip of him urging Matthews, "It is time," during Super Bowl XLV vs. Pittsburgh following defensive captain Charles Woodson's exit from the game due to injury. Matthews would force a fumble by Steelers RB Rashad Mendenhall that proved pivotal in Green Bay's victory.

After his five seasons with the Packers, Greene left the coaching ranks for three years and then returned as an assistant coach with the Jets in 2017 and 2018.

Greene had Capers, who coached him in both Pittsburgh and Carolina before the two reunited as coaches in Green Bay, present him for his Hall of Fame induction in 2016. He was a five-time Pro Bowler, three-time All-Pro and a member of the NFL's All-Decade team of the 1990s.

"Kevin was such a great individual," said Capers, a senior defensive assistant with the Minnesota Vikings who served as the Packers' defensive coordinator from 2009-17. "He had a such a great passion for the game. He had an infectious personality and influenced everybody he was around. Everybody had a tremendous amount of respect for him because he not only produced and performed as a player, but as good of a player he was, he was even a better person. My heart and prayers go out to Tara and Gavin and Gabi. He'll be missed by so many people."

Greene posted a career-high 16½ sacks in consecutive years (1988, '89) and also led the league in sacks twice (1994, '96). He posted his third-highest single-season total of 15 sacks in 1998 and then ended his career the following year with 12 more sacks.

"I really figured out how to pass rush," Greene said, shortly before his Hall of Fame induction, about staying so productive throughout his career. "I figured out how to put a guy – an offensive tackle that was three or four inches taller than me, outweighed me 80-100 pounds – I figured out how to put him in a position of failure and I did that.

"Can't really share with you how I figured it out, but obviously I shared it with Clay up in Green Bay and so forth. And it works.".

Joemailman
12-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Clay Matthews III
@ClayMatthews52
Absolutely terrible news to hear of KG’s passing. Truly heartbreaking! 💔

KG was a warrior on the field, and he brought his same fire and tenacity to his coaching. So much of my success was a direct result of him, but he was so much more than a coach.
5:43 PM · Dec 21, 2020

Brett Favre
@BrettFavre
Kevin Greene was a true warrior and a dear friend!!! As much as I disliked playing against him I loved everything about him at the same time and I loved him like a brother. Gods army just got much stronger 🙏 RIP brother
4:32 PM · Dec 21, 2020

John Kuhn
@kuhnj30
Man, I am heartbroken by the news that we have lost Kevin Greene. One of the greatest men I have had the honor of working with. I will always remember the passion and integrity you displayed in everything you did. Your Cobra will live on in me! RIP KG

RJ Ochoa
@rjochoa
Mike McCarthy on Kevin Greene: I always admired Kevin as a football player. And really the reality of it is he approached coaching and he approached fatherhood and all of that the same way. He was as driven of a person as I've ever had the opportunity to work with..

George Cumby
12-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Bummer.

I really enjoyed him as a player and as a coach.

So young, too.

RIP.

pittstang5
12-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Damn - heard the news on the NFL Channel on SiriusXM.

Pat Kirwin said he heard it was a heart attack.

RIP

hoosier
12-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Sad news. About this we can say that it was NOT time.

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2020, 08:40 PM
5 posts and nobody mentioned steroids and dying young from them? He seems like the type.

smuggler
12-21-2020, 08:42 PM
Damn that sucks. I won't speculate about causes, but this is certainly a fine cherry on top of a shit sundae of a year.

Freak Out
12-21-2020, 09:18 PM
5 posts and nobody mentioned steroids and dying young from them? He seems like the type.

That's because we don't suck balls like you do.

vince
12-21-2020, 09:52 PM
The Man. The Legend. (https://vimeo.com/7016438)

MadtownPacker
12-21-2020, 10:06 PM
Damn, surprising to hear. RIP to a life ended to soon.

MadtownPacker
12-21-2020, 10:18 PM
5 posts and nobody mentioned steroids and dying young from them? He seems like the type.Steroids are that bad? Never done them but hardly reason to diss him.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2020, 12:05 AM
There once was a guy named Lyle Alzado ...... I think he was a long-haired piece of crap too.

I never liked Greene. Part of it, I suppose, is a deep seated prejudice against long-haired pieces of crap, but mostly it was because it was irritating to say the least that a lot of people were promoting him as something special and a possibility as Packer D Coordinator. They have an expression in Texas about people like him - all hat and no cattle, in his case, big on firing people up and short on being a cerebral coach.

Anyway, condolences to any of ya'all who are broken up about one of your heroes kicking off.

Guiness
12-22-2020, 12:22 AM
Steroids are that bad? Never done them but hardly reason to diss him.

Long term usage is associated with immunosuppression.

Associating Greene with steroids is pretty unfair. I remember seeing an interview with him near the end of his playing days and he was a big supplement user, had his own 'mixture' but I don't remember any talk of him being roid user.

He was a damn good coach and solid guy while he was in GB. Great motivator and spoke as someone who had done it at the highest level himself. He was instrumental in CMIII's early development and the SB they won.

smuggler
12-22-2020, 04:18 AM
They have an expression in Texas about people like him - all hat and no cattle, in his case, big on firing people up and short on being a cerebral coach.

What's the colloquial Texas expression for people that talk about things they are totally ignorant about? Sorry you were so offended by the dude's hair, but Kevin Greene was a technician as a player that pioneered a lot of the film study in attacking offensive lineman that were bigger and stronger than him. He was a damn good position coach that knew how to motivate to get the most out of people. He did not have ambitions for D Coordinator but he knew his craft and we were worse when he left.

You need to take a good long look at your biases if they're causing you to be so completely wrong about people as you are in this case.

hoosier
12-22-2020, 06:51 AM
How come Tex always has to take a shit on the thread when someone dies? Never mind, Freak already answered my question.

Fritz
12-22-2020, 09:54 AM
What's the colloquial Texas expression for people that talk about things they are totally ignorant about? Sorry you were so offended by the dude's hair, but Kevin Greene was a technician as a player that pioneered a lot of the film study in attacking offensive lineman that were bigger and stronger than him. He was a damn good position coach that knew how to motivate to get the most out of people. He did not have ambitions for D Coordinator but he knew his craft and we were worse when he left.

You need to take a good long look at your biases if they're causing you to be so completely wrong about people as you are in this case.

I have to come to Tex's defense here. Guys who have long hair are freaks. It's unnatural and wrong, so when a guy has long hair it's a solid bet that he's a piece of shit. That's just the way it is.

You guys make things so complicated.

Long-haired dude: a freak and a bad person. Automatic.
Short-haired guy: has the potential at least to not be a freak, probably a good person.
Medium-haired guy: Wait. Help me out on this one, Tex.

SudsMcBucky
12-22-2020, 10:07 AM
I have to come to Tex's defense here. Guys who have long hair are freaks. It's unnatural and wrong, so when a guy has long hair it's a solid bet that he's a piece of shit. That's just the way it is.

Short-haired guy: has the potential at least to not be a freak, probably a good person.

And the sign said
"Long-haired freaky people
Need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat
And I went in to ask him why
He said, "You look like a fine upstandin' young man
I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that
Huh, me workin' for you"
Whoa

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 10:16 AM
Tex - I meant is steroid use really such a bad/immoral thing? Call it wrong getting a competitive edge but there are no victims I can see. In other topics you have flat out admitted to gaming the system for your own benefit. Do we all spit on your grave when your time is up? I won’t judge you like that. Hopefully a family member has your login info so they can let us know. All Rats should have a plan in place to let the PR familia here know.

Long hair doesn’t equal hippy. Greene has the big biker you don’t want to fuck with look. Would imagine he was not about peace and flowers. Is that really the only reason you didn’t like him?

SudsMcBucky
12-22-2020, 10:21 AM
T Call it wrong getting a competitive edge but there are no victims I can see.

Yes, the victims are those players and their families that maybe didn't get that next big contract or life changing money that cheaters got by taking jobs and/or hanging on to them longer. However, I'm also in no way implying Greene was one of those guys. Just pointing out that there ARE victims to steroid users in sports.

smuggler
12-22-2020, 10:24 AM
First order victim of steroid use is the self. Second order is anyone paying healthcare costs (if other than self) for the health consequences. Third order victims are people compelled to their own similar self harm by your own use.

In other words, it really shouldn't be illegal.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2020, 10:39 AM
Suds -People who didn’t get rich playing a game aren’t victims. Did they get fucked over, yeah. No different then a common Johnny Workerbee who gets passed up for the promotion by some kissass or family/friend of the boss. They put all their eggs in that basket and ended up having to work normal jobs (like everyone else).

George Cumby
12-22-2020, 11:53 AM
There was an article within the last few years, I think it was posted here, no idea what the original source was.

The gist was that given the knowledge that players' performance enhancing practices would shorten their lifespan; the overwhelming majority stated that it was worth it to shorten their life to have the career.

iirc the survey was conducted on active players, I might be mistaken. It'd be interesting to see if older, retired players would answer the same way.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2020, 12:35 PM

I thought I was done with this thread hahahaha, but since you asked, medium hair? that's kinda like Aaron Rodgers is getting around too? a big whatever, I guess. And of course, nothing is ever "automatic" - it's all a matter of percentages. Mostly, though, it all goes back to a time ...... unmentionable in this part of the forum hahahaha. Back then, it was pretty much automatic.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Tex - I meant is steroid use really such a bad/immoral thing? Call it wrong getting a competitive edge but there are no victims I can see. In other topics you have flat out admitted to gaming the system for your own benefit. Do we all spit on your grave when your time is up? I won’t judge you like that. Hopefully a family member has your login info so they can let us know. All Rats should have a plan in place to let the PR familia here know.

Long hair doesn’t equal hippy. Greene has the big biker you don’t want to fuck with look. Would imagine he was not about peace and flowers. Is that really the only reason you didn’t like him?

Uh, you're getting dangerously close to needing to sanction yourself for that dreaded you know what word hahahahaha. As I said in the post above, what it was then is not automatically what it is now. I've got a cousin who's a biker, and I always tell him to get a haircut - people might think he is ....... something all of his good shit in Facebook says he ain't hahahaha.

As for steroid use being "bad/immoral", I don't know; that's a close call. It's of course a form of cheating, so some people might think so for that reason - not me necessarily, as you so eloquently stated hahahaha. All I was saying is that just like overdosing on some hard drug or smoking a pack or two a day or whatever, the bastard brought it on himself. I just can't get very sympathetic for people like that, and that includes my own brother, 5 years younger, who smoked himself into getting COPD.

run pMc
12-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Great player, seemed like a decent coach and a fun guy to have on your team.

I hesitate to speculate (read: gossip) on what precipitated his death. If it was a heart attack, it might have just been a random thing, or a hereditary thing, or maybe it was from taking too many vitamins like a Hulkamaniac. ;) I know someone who had a stroke in their early 20's and it's affected them permanently, they weren't doing any kind of substances and had nothing in their genetics.

He died fairly young, and I don't recall him being busted for steroids or DWI's or beating his babymama. Reaction from some feels a little harsh.

Fritz
12-22-2020, 06:53 PM
I thought I was done with this thread hahahaha, but since you asked, medium hair? that's kinda like Aaron Rodgers is getting around too? a big whatever, I guess. And of course, nothing is ever "automatic" - it's all a matter of percentages. Mostly, though, it all goes back to a time ...... unmentionable in this part of the forum hahahaha. Back then, it was pretty much automatic.

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

CaptainKickass
12-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Dog Rush One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKdTpWbz6AM

MadtownPacker
12-23-2020, 01:28 PM
Uh, you're getting dangerously close to needing to sanction yourself for that dreaded you know what word hahahahaha. As I said in the post above, what it was then is not automatically what it is now. I've got a cousin who's a biker, and I always tell him to get a haircut - people might think he is ....... something all of his good shit in Facebook says he ain't hahahaha.

As for steroid use being "bad/immoral", I don't know; that's a close call. It's of course a form of cheating, so some people might think so for that reason - not me necessarily, as you so eloquently stated hahahaha. All I was saying is that just like overdosing on some hard drug or smoking a pack or two a day or whatever, the bastard brought it on himself. I just can't get very sympathetic for people like that, and that includes my own brother, 5 years younger, who smoked himself into getting COPD.Im not close, not even approaching at all so worry about yourself.

I always try to take up for you Tex. I do. But you piss on someone’s grave because he has long hair? You dog your brother because he smokes? We all got our end coming.

So what should we do when you croak? Do we talk about how you always stood by your beliefs even if we didn’t agree? How you always said positive things about the Packers. How you had heart for the team thru the years always, even when losing?

Or do we talk about how classless you could be at times and say you deserved your end because you probably have gone to Thailand to fuck minors or some other lewd acts?

“Hahahahaha” your way out of that one.

GB-Brandon
12-23-2020, 03:08 PM
People at his age have heart attacks all the time. The guy was never in trouble with the law. He was a walk on in college and worked his way to the NFL to a HOF career and is noted as being a good family man. In fact he left the Packers coaching staff to spend more time with his family at that time. He was raised in a military family as well and was always respectful to authority and his coaches. In fact he was in the National Guard while playing with the Rams his first couple seasons and served in the offseason driving tanks.

Did he have a bit of a crazy and wild demeanor? Absolutely!!! And that’s what Fucken made him great!!! It’s exactly what the Packers need on defense!!! Give me as many Kevin Greene’s as possible!!!

Some of this talk is just ridiculous. Steroid use was pretty common when he played so who knows but to sit here and crap on him is mind blowing. You would think he was like Aaron Hernandez reading some of this stuff!! Geez!!

GB-Brandon
12-23-2020, 03:13 PM
I can just about guarantee Clay Matthews took Steroids based on his production falling off a cliff when things got hot about that and he has long hair. What’s gonna be the verdict on him when he croaks?

run pMc
12-23-2020, 04:34 PM
Clay and AJ Hawk both had long hair.

While we're at it, are we also including players with long dreads or braids that hang out the back? Just asking if Al Harris and some of those guys should be included.

run pMc
12-23-2020, 04:35 PM
(Yes, the Comic Sans font was intentional)

RIP Kevin Greene. :)

George Cumby
12-23-2020, 07:29 PM
People at his age have heart attacks all the time. The guy was never in trouble with the law. He was a walk on in college and worked his way to the NFL to a HOF career and is noted as being a good family man. In fact he left the Packers coaching staff to spend more time with his family at that time. He was raised in a military family as well and was always respectful to authority and his coaches. In fact he was in the National Guard while playing with the Rams his first couple seasons and served in the offseason driving tanks.

Did he have a bit of a crazy and wild demeanor? Absolutely!!! And that’s what Fucken made him great!!! It’s exactly what the Packers need on defense!!! Give me as many Kevin Greene’s as possible!!!

Some of this talk is just ridiculous. Steroid use was pretty common when he played so who knows but to sit here and crap on him is mind blowing. You would think he was like Aaron Hernandez reading some of this stuff!! Geez!!

Nice post.

See what happens when you put your fishing gear away?

texaspackerbacker
12-23-2020, 09:34 PM
Im not close, not even approaching at all so worry about yourself.

I always try to take up for you Tex. I do. But you piss on someone’s grave because he has long hair? You dog your brother because he smokes? We all got our end coming.

So what should we do when you croak? Do we talk about how you always stood by your beliefs even if we didn’t agree? How you always said positive things about the Packers. How you had heart for the team thru the years always, even when losing?

Or do we talk about how classless you could be at times and say you deserved your end because you probably have gone to Thailand to fuck minors or some other lewd acts?

“Hahahahaha” your way out of that one.

Is it pissing on somebody's grave to say he probably brought it on himself? And as I said, the thing that irritated me about Greene was that people were actually promoting him for D Coordinator, a thinking position. Sure, he was a motivator, which some people apparently think is the only thing that counts, but he sure as hell wasn't coordinator material. The hair thing was a minor annoyance compared to that.

Without getting into the unmentionable area, my brother has always been on the wrong side of things for many decades. And hell yeah, I say again, anybody who fucks up his life smoking, steroids, hard drugs, whatever ain't gonna get any sympathy from me. I honestly don't give a shit about what any mental midgets think about me - now, much less 4 or 5 decades from now when I finally kick off.

And you, the main man around here, actually stoop to echoing some of the sickest worthless pieces of shit around here? I woulda thought better of you.

Massive J
12-24-2020, 02:55 PM
Texas is right. It's not shitting on a thread to bring up a PED conversation.

Vincenzo
12-25-2020, 12:27 AM
What happened to him?? Been keeping a close look out to see if it actually was something with the ticker.

smuggler
12-25-2020, 04:44 AM
Best post you've ever made, Brandon!

Massive J, mentioning the PED use was only one part of Tex's commentary. Though you are correct that it's fair game.

GB-Brandon
12-25-2020, 10:32 AM
https://youtu.be/Y9amTdaGoSM

https://youtu.be/y-szkNKHDdg

bobblehead
12-25-2020, 11:29 AM
And the sign said
"Long-haired freaky people
Need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat
And I went in to ask him why
He said, "You look like a fine upstandin' young man
I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that
Huh, me workin' for you"
Whoa

And the sign said:
"Everybody welcome, come in and kneel down and pray"

bobblehead
12-25-2020, 11:35 AM
I can just about guarantee Clay Matthews took Steroids based on his production falling off a cliff when things got hot about that and he has long hair. What’s gonna be the verdict on him when he croaks?

Over rated. That was always my verdict on him. Also should have been an ILB, not OLB.

Roids? No idea if kevin took them, but you have to abuse them to damage the heart. A lot of "health experts" use roids as part of anti aging protocol. Testosterone is nice, but it won't give you the lean build and fat destruction that a shot of Winny V will. Like many things Roids are a net benefit...until you decide you need 24" biceps. Then they become a negative.

GB-Brandon
12-25-2020, 12:00 PM
Over rated. That was always my verdict on him. Also should have been an ILB, not OLB.

Roids? No idea if kevin took them, but you have to abuse them to damage the heart. A lot of "health experts" use roids as part of anti aging protocol. Testosterone is nice, but it won't give you the lean build and fat destruction that a shot of Winny V will. Like many things Roids are a net benefit...until you decide you need 24" biceps. Then they become a negative.

Exactly, unless your stacking massive cycles for long periods of time and adding human growth hormone it’s highly unlikely Kevin Greene had a heart attack due to any PED’s.

GB-Brandon
12-25-2020, 12:06 PM
The Bottom line on Kevin Greene as a football player had nothing to do with whether he took roids or not. Yes, Roids would of helped him be able to compete physically but Kevin Greene could “Go To That Place.” It’s the Place I take about frequently when talking about defensive players and their success. His ability to “Go To That Place” mentally is what made him great and a HOF player. Not a steroid.

Being a HOF player isn’t as simple as taking a STEROID. See Tony Mandarich.

GB-Brandon
12-25-2020, 12:09 PM
The Packers drafted the biggest Fraud Roider of all time. LOL!!!

If anyone should know what “Roider fraud” is it should be Packer Fans!!!

GB-Brandon
12-25-2020, 12:17 PM

Matthews was totally overrated. Had a couple good seasons and then became a marketing icon.

Dude couldn’t stay healthy with nagging injuries and literally over pursued half the plays he was out there for.

George Cumby
12-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Thread drift, but what the hell.

Matthews was definitely juiced up.

His rookie year he had a gear no-one else had. Remember how he would chase QB's down, that insane burst and then crush them and knock them out of the game? Then the league sent signals they were coming for him and his juice queen sister, the other LB from SC that Houston(?) picked up; the one with the man-boobs.

He got off so he wouldn't get suspended and was never the same.

After that he lived off his early career rep and bone-headed late hits that were a masquerade for intensity.

Teamcheez1
12-25-2020, 07:28 PM
I think it’s interesting that we still don’t know the details.

Zool
12-25-2020, 08:36 PM
Texas is right. It's not shitting on a thread to bring up a PED conversation.

Tex has a history of applauding in his posts deaths of many people over the last decade or so. He’s a genuinely bad person. I used to think it was trolling, but now I think he’s just bad to the core.

texaspackerbacker
12-25-2020, 10:13 PM
And you, Zool, you worthless piece of crap, have a history of putting your total idiocy on display repeatedly.

For the record, I can think of exactly one person I applauded the death of, and he richly deserved it, while at the same time, having his rotten life applauded by others in here. As the new guy so eloquently put it, I did not applaud Greene's death. I just pointed out what seemed obvious to me and likely to a lot of others too timid to admit it about how it probably happened. I also stated that I never liked Greene as a coach, although he probably had a lot higher level of intelligence than an imbecile like you, Zool. On the slim chance he did not roid himself to death, I feel sorry for him for the extreme bad luck of dying of whatever at age 58.

Does that satisfy you whiny pukes?

call_me_ishmael
12-25-2020, 11:19 PM

Not so sure I agree with this. Does anyone remember Pete the young kid who posted here 10-15 years ago and was convinced he was gonna be the Packers trainer? Well dude became a world class lifter. He also did a lot of QA about steroids and how they fuck you up ‘cause he takes them like crazy.

Trenbolene, etc fuck your heart up in a hurry. Pete is a monster now but I’d personally be shocked if he lives past 50.

I 100% think Matthews, Peppers, Manning, etc all took drugs. The ring leader dude, the DE converted to linebacker has never played a down after his six years in GB and he was a pretty good player. Elliot Wolf said Packers moved on - likely due to drugs. Matthews was insane his first couple of years. So freaking explosive.

Vincenzo
12-25-2020, 11:53 PM
I think it’s interesting that we still don’t know the details.

Agreed, still no word on cause of death.

Zool
12-26-2020, 10:12 AM
Tex has a history of applauding in his posts deaths of many people over the last decade or so. He’s a genuinely bad person. I used to think it was trolling, but now I think he’s just bad to the core.

See my other post about Brandon if you want to learn how to never see Tex’s posts again.

bobblehead
12-26-2020, 11:17 AM
The Bottom line on Kevin Greene as a football player had nothing to do with whether he took roids or not. Yes, Roids would of helped him be able to compete physically but Kevin Greene could “Go To That Place.” It’s the Place I take about frequently when talking about defensive players and their success. His ability to “Go To That Place” mentally is what made him great and a HOF player. Not a steroid.

Being a HOF player isn’t as simple as taking a STEROID. See Tony Mandarich.

And that is the player the packers desperately need on D. The guy who's intensity is contagious. The guy who isn't happy playing prevent with 4 minutes left nursing a 9 point lead. The guy that wants to humiliate the offense. Can we find that kind of MLB (with talent) in this offseason? That is the guy that makes this team a HEAVY favorite to win an OWL.

bobblehead
12-26-2020, 11:24 AM
Not so sure I agree with this. Does anyone remember Pete the young kid who posted here 10-15 years ago and was convinced he was gonna be the Packers trainer? Well dude became a world class lifter. He also did a lot of QA about steroids and how they fuck you up ‘cause he takes them like crazy.

Trenbolene, etc fuck your heart up in a hurry. Pete is a monster now but I’d personally be shocked if he lives past 50.

I 100% think Matthews, Peppers, Manning, etc all took drugs. The ring leader dude, the DE converted to linebacker has never played a down after his six years in GB and he was a pretty good player. Elliot Wolf said Packers moved on - likely due to drugs. Matthews was insane his first couple of years. So freaking explosive.

Some of the harshest early drugs like Tren can do damage quickly if you are over dosing for massive quick gains. However, even Tren, used modestly to increase healing and modest gains is relatively safe. And some the newer drugs on the scene do very little damage even at pretty sizeable doses.

I don't recall Pete, but if he is a "monster" yea, he likely is doing damage. However take a guy who is 6' 200 lbs and out of shape. Should that guy use a 9 week cycle to get to 230 and then go off and scale back to 220 while shedding fat...thats extremely safe if done right. I agree 100% that Manning used HgH to recover from his neck surgery. No doubt in my mind and I don't blame him a bit. I had an elbow surgery in 2007? (I think it was) and it wasn't recovering. I used HgH at a very small dose (anti aging protocal dose 1 I.U. a night) and my elbow was like new afterwards. If I ever have another surgery I will get ahold of some growth before I go under the knife, no question.

bobblehead
12-26-2020, 11:25 AM
See my other post about Brandon if you want to learn how to never see Tex’s posts again.

Personalities make entertainment. If I blocked everyone who ever annoyed me I would come to an empty forum. If everyone I ever offended blocked me, I would be posting in a vacuum. I only blocked 2 posters ever and even then only for about a month.

texaspackerbacker
12-26-2020, 02:44 PM
One glitch in the system, though, is that you apparently can't block a moderator. How in the hell did an illiterate shithead like Zool ever get to be a moderator anyway? Myself, I've never blocked anybody either, but I actually tried with that ignoramus, Zool and wasn't able to do so.

GB-Brandon
12-26-2020, 03:00 PM
And that is the player the packers desperately need on D. The guy who's intensity is contagious. The guy who isn't happy playing prevent with 4 minutes left nursing a 9 point lead. The guy that wants to humiliate the offense. Can we find that kind of MLB (with talent) in this offseason? That is the guy that makes this team a HEAVY favorite to win an OWL.

I completely agree.

Joemailman
12-26-2020, 03:22 PM

Shouldn't your issue here be more with the DC than the MLB? Barnes and Martin both strike me as guys willing to get after it. But they still have to play within the defense as it is called by the DC.

Guiness
12-26-2020, 04:59 PM

exactly, he exploded at the snap and did an incredible job of shooting past the OL to get to the QB or ball carrier.

The DE/OLB you're talking about is Mike Neale I assume? He never got a sniff anywhere else that I head of despite starting all 16 games his final year in GB and being under 30.

GB-Brandon
12-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Shouldn't your issue here be more with the DC than the MLB? Barnes and Martin both strike me as guys willing to get after it. But they still have to play within the defense as it is called by the DC.

That’s the other problem.

call_me_ishmael
12-26-2020, 08:28 PM
I think Pete was just_another_packer_fan or something. I can’t give his last name per forum rules but look up pete world class deadlift and you’ll certainly stumble upon him I’m sure. He is the best deadlifter in the world or something crazy like that. His content on steroids is fascinating. He seems like a good kid.

The other thing with Tren is it apparently really makes it difficult to have a relationship since you’re either ridiculously horny or ridiculously irritable. I say this from a straight edge perspective so YMmV

Zool
12-26-2020, 11:08 PM
Personalities make entertainment. If I blocked everyone who ever annoyed me I would come to an empty forum. If everyone I ever offended blocked me, I would be posting in a vacuum. I only blocked 2 posters ever and even then only for about a month.

I have 2 posters blocked. Both have made the reading here infinitely better. To each their own, but neither Tex nor Brandon are entertaining to me. Quite the opposite.

GB-Brandon
12-27-2020, 11:46 AM
I have 2 posters blocked. Both have made the reading here infinitely better. To each their own, but neither Tex nor Brandon are entertaining to me. Quite the opposite.

I’m very flattered that over half your posts are about “Blocking Me.” Thank You Very Much!!! :glug:

https://youtu.be/HGy9i8vvCxk