PDA

View Full Version : Davante Adams Appreciation Thread

call_me_ishmael
12-27-2020, 11:37 PM
I'm ready to call it. I've been too hard on Adams with my consistent commentary for him being a good #2. He is officially a good #1 in my eyes. He is a special player and one of the league's best. I shall eat the crow now.

CaptainKickass
12-27-2020, 11:41 PM
Obligatory Davante appreciation post.

Joemailman
12-28-2020, 06:48 AM
The only real question now is whether he's THE #1 WR in the NFL. The only thing possibly holding him back is that he typically misses a few games each year. 2 this year. Despite missing those games, he's #3 in the NFL in receptions among WR's, #2 in receiving yards, and #1 in TD receptions. On a per game basis, he has been undoubtedly the best.

Bossman641
12-28-2020, 07:54 AM
If Adams hadn't missed 2 games his stats would be insane.

Upnorth
12-28-2020, 08:13 AM
He is an amazing wr and definetly one of the best. He does have rodgers throwing it to him and decent talent around him with good game planning to help hum out.

I am becoming more and more impressed with our receivers in general and eq is showing the potential Parker saw in him.

Still Adams is def one of the greats right now

Anti-Polar Bear
12-28-2020, 11:15 AM
I am becoming more and more impressed with our receivers in general and eq is showing the potential Parker saw in him.

Past 4 games, MVS produced 0 catch 3 times. What is up with that?

Joemailman
12-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Past 4 games, MVS produced 0 catch 3 times. What is up with that?

41 offensive snaps last night and wasn't targeted once. He's a pretty effective decoy though because of his deep speed. And he blocks. He wouldn't be out here that much if he wasn't effective.

Anti-Polar Bear
12-28-2020, 11:58 AM
41 offensive snaps last night and wasn't targeted once. He's a pretty effective decoy though because of his deep speed. And he blocks. He wouldn't be out here that much if he wasn't effective.

Agreed. MVS has been doing alotta dirty works lately.

MVS ain’t DK Metcalf, but 12 should target the dude more often, yo!

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2020, 12:31 PM
The snowy conditions slowed everybody down - except maybe Davante. It took away Valdez-Scantling's primary asset, his speed. But yeah, I saw him blocking well on a couple of occasions, and as a decoy, he takes up somebody fast from the D to cover him.

MadtownPacker
12-28-2020, 12:48 PM
He is an amazing wr and definetly one of the best. He does have rodgers throwing it to him and decent talent around him with good game planning to help hum out.

Still Adams is def one of the greats right nowOr maybe Rodgers does have Adams to throw to? ARod is dropping dimes out there but Adams fancy footwork is breaking ankles and allowing him to get open damn near all the time.

BTW - If you waited this long to show some appreciation to my guy #17 well what the fuck took so long??

MadtownPacker
12-28-2020, 12:50 PM
The snowy conditions slowed everybody down - except maybe Davante. It took away Valdez-Scantling's primary asset, his speed. But yeah, I saw him blocking well on a couple of occasions, and as a decoy, he takes up somebody fast from the D to cover him.
The Man was so smooth last night it’s like he was dancing on ice. I might have to go see an optometrist today after watching all the zig zagging and shaking DBs.

GB-Brandon
12-28-2020, 03:47 PM
When Thompson drafted him and he came out of Fresno State I said he would be comparable production wise to Dez Bryant and people laughed at me. Well, he has completely surpassed Bryant. Nuff Said!!

If we could just get that “Other Piece” this offense would be so sick and unstoppable. Could very easily rival the Chiefs!!!

run pMc
12-28-2020, 04:11 PM
When Thompson drafted him and he came out of Fresno State I said he would be comparable production wise to Dez Bryant and people laughed at me. Well, he has completely surpassed Bryant. Nuff Said!!

If we could just get that “Other Piece” this offense would be so sick and unstoppable. Could very easily rival the Chiefs!!!

Agree another good WR would push them over the top. Imagine this team with Terry McLaurin instead of Jace Sternberger.

Refocusing to the thread topic, Davante has been an absolute monster. 11 catches on 12 targets for 142 and 3TDs is prime Julio stuff. That he did it in the snow makes it even more impressive. The guy is averaging over 100yds and a TD per game. That's insane for a WR.

RashanGary
12-28-2020, 05:42 PM
Davante might be the 6th best Packer of the last 30 years.

White
Rodgers
Favre
Woodson
Collins
Davante!

Upnorth
12-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Davante might be the 6th best Packer of the last 30 years.

White
Rodgers
Favre
Woodson
Collins
Davante!

I don't know. Our oline has a few that are in the convo. Bak?

GB-Brandon
12-28-2020, 05:45 PM
Agree another good WR would push them over the top. Imagine this team with Terry McLaurin instead of Jace Sternberger.

Refocusing to the thread topic, Davante has been an absolute monster. 11 catches on 12 targets for 142 and 3TDs is prime Julio stuff. That he did it in the snow makes it even more impressive. The guy is averaging over 100yds and a TD per game. That's insane for a WR.

Chad Johnson watches him play and literally has orgasms watching his footwork.

RashanGary
12-28-2020, 05:46 PM
Maybe Sitton and Davante and prime Clay

Bretsky
12-28-2020, 06:32 PM
I have eaten much crow as the Fresno Fraud has graduated into the Fresno Freak long long ago

Joemailman
12-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Chad Johnson watches him play and literally has orgasms watching his footwork.

No pictures please.

GB-Brandon
12-28-2020, 06:56 PM
Devante has just been so solid for us for awhile now I think he just kinda gets taken for granite sometimes. We just know and expect him to show up and do his thing. He is such a talented player and a big part of the overall success. He is basically Rodgers security blanket.

I really miss Ted Thompson and his ability to find really good and talented receivers in the 2nd round!!

GB-Brandon
12-28-2020, 07:00 PM
If you asked Rodgers about D.Adams I am 99.999999999 percent positive nothing close to the word “Fraud” would come out of Rodgers mouth.

End of story!!!

Smidgeon
12-29-2020, 09:01 PM
Collinsworth's comments about Davante running releases without using his hands was very interesting and insightful.

George Cumby
12-29-2020, 10:08 PM
The zoomed in shots on Adams' footwork were also enlightening.

QBME
12-29-2020, 10:12 PM
Collinsworth's comments about Davante running releases without using his hands was very interesting and insightful.

Yup.
Spot on.

Upnorth
02-24-2021, 02:59 PM
Interesting read

http://www.footballperspective.com/top-receivers-in-2020-per-team-pass-attempt/

He was so good in 2020 the author basically just talks about everyone else.
Adams 2020 was better than most people realize I think.

RashanGary
02-24-2021, 03:13 PM
Interesting read

http://www.footballperspective.com/top-receivers-in-2020-per-team-pass-attempt/

He was so good in 2020 the author basically just talks about everyone else.
Adams 2020 was better than most people realize I think.

We’re coming around to how great Adams is for sure. If he gets extended and finishes the next three with Rodgers he can start making a HOF case. Playing well into his 30s would be a must but he’s quietly opened the door for a HOF possibility in 2020.

GB-Brandon
02-24-2021, 03:17 PM
All good stuff. And further proves why if you add a legit No.2 it becomes “Game Over” for opposing defenses. Adams is the best one on one receiver in the league. The advanced metrics prove it. The tape proves it. The thing the Packers can do most to improve this team is getting a legit no.2 to force 1 on 1 coverage mostly on Adams. It’s easy peasy math.

This is not a Mark a against Lazard and I don’t know why people take it that way. It’s just fact. Lazard isn’t Corey Davis for example. Not on a talent level or an advanced Metrics level. It’s PROVEN!!! People need to just get over it!! There is an obvious reason why one guy was an UDFA and the other was a Top 10 pick!!

Get it Done!! It makes the offense unstoppable even against teams like Tampa if both can remain healthy. Can you say “Super Bowl”!!!!

Fritz
02-25-2021, 12:48 PM
All good stuff. And further proves why if you add a legit No.2 it becomes “Game Over” for opposing defenses. Adams is the best one on one receiver in the league. The advanced metrics prove it. The tape proves it. The thing the Packers can do most to improve this team is getting a legit no.2 to force 1 on 1 coverage mostly on Adams. It’s easy peasy math.

This is not a Mark a against Lazard and I don’t know why people take it that way. It’s just fact. Lazard isn’t Corey Davis for example. Not on a talent level or an advanced Metrics level. It’s PROVEN!!! People need to just get over it!! There is an obvious reason why one guy was an UDFA and the other was a Top 10 pick!!

Get it Done!! It makes the offense unstoppable even against teams like Tampa if both can remain healthy. Can you say “Super Bowl”!!!!

Unless your defensive line is good and deep, like SF's two years ago, and Tampa's this year, and at that point having a "legit #2" wide receiver won't mean a thing because Rodgers will be getting sacked or hurried to throw the ball away.

Better make sure that offensive line is solidified. Don't you wonder how the Tampa game might've been different had Rick Wagner had better knees and been able to block Barrett, or if Bakh was healthy and Turner was at RT? Then, if Rodgers hands off once or twice on those two key fourth-quarter series after the interceptions of Brady, he can run play action and have some time, and that adds up to a better chance of success than simply signing some free agent wide receiver.

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 04:15 PM
Unless your defensive line is good and deep, like SF's two years ago, and Tampa's this year, and at that point having a "legit #2" wide receiver won't mean a thing because Rodgers will be getting sacked or hurried to throw the ball away.

Better make sure that offensive line is solidified. Don't you wonder how the Tampa game might've been different had Rick Wagner had better knees and been able to block Barrett, or if Bakh was healthy and Turner was at RT? Then, if Rodgers hands off once or twice on those two key fourth-quarter series after the interceptions of Brady, he can run play action and have some time, and that adds up to a better chance of success than simply signing some free agent wide receiver.

Those things would of helped too but I looked carefully at 2-3 specific plays on those “3 drives” where protection did hold up and Rodgers did have adequate time and receivers “Couldn’t Break Coverage” while “Adams Was Doubled” and that could of decided the game in a different direction.

Also earlier in the 1st half there were similar situations that nobody is talking about because it was the “1st half”. Of course we need to solidify the O-Line and keep our staple of backs in order. LaFleur has to have more confidence in the offense and a Legit No.2 will only help with that. All of these things “Can Be Done” as well.

They also have solutions “Right In Front Of Their Faces” to help them on the DL if they so choose to act!!!

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 04:26 PM

Also, I’m not just talking about just any FA WR. I’m specifically talking about a quality level such as a Corey Davis who could actually be a No.1 with some fine tuning. You add that to the other side of Devante Adams with Aaron Rodgers making decisions and (Yes, if the O-Line can hold up) there isn’t a defense in the league that can stop it. As posted D.Adams has the best posted success rate against single coverage of all time!! Davis would flourish too in this situation as well!!! It’s just a WIN WIN WIN All the way around!!

That’s a “Bill Belichick Move”. Put your best in the best position to Succeed.

This is how we need to “Attack & Destroy”!!!!

run pMc
02-25-2021, 09:07 PM
The first half defense and the Aaron Jones fumble lost that game. There's another thread for that conversation.

Adams is at the top of his game and will be for at least two more seasons. His releases off the line and route running really are fun to watch.

Forget Corey Davis, he'll be too expensive in FA and quickly got passed on the depth chart by AJ Brown. And no, Will Fuller is a no also unless the suspension makes him a dirt cheap signing (unlikely).
They need to draft and develop the next Davante (and/or Jordy, Driver, or Jennings).

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 09:40 PM
The first half defense and the Aaron Jones fumble lost that game. There's another thread for that conversation.

Adams is at the top of his game and will be for at least two more seasons. His releases off the line and route running really are fun to watch.

Forget Corey Davis, he'll be too expensive in FA and quickly got passed on the depth chart by AJ Brown. And no, Will Fuller is a no also unless the suspension makes him a dirt cheap signing (unlikely).
They need to draft and develop the next Davante (and/or Jordy, Driver, or Jennings).

That’s not true and your “Stale Approach” of wanting to continue to “Save & Sign Draft Picks” won’t and hasn’t worked. They have tried it every way under the sun. We’ve done enough “Test Launches” of it!! It’s a path too “NFC North Front Running” that repeatedly falls short of what this whole thing was designed to ultimately do which is win a World Championship. People are sick and tired of it!!!

They don’t have time to “Draft & Develop” a receiver where they pick and take that chance!! They already fucked that up drafting DB’s and QB’s and making other things a priority for years now!! Rodgers is gonna be 37. That ship has sailed. They can give Rodgers a 5 year extension RIGHT NOW and get all these things done. Come out of the 1950’s thinking Please. Geez!! It’s really already held this organization back enough. This is our last chance. Literally!!!

RashanGary
02-25-2021, 10:14 PM

Im open to all opportunities that arise. But this is probably the best approach as it relates to winning in a league with a salary cap.

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 10:39 PM
Im open to all opportunities that arise. But this is probably the best approach as it relates to winning in a league with a salary cap.

Cut P. Smith post June 1st. Mine as well cut Lowry as well. Restructure Rodgers the correct way and the Salary Cap isn’t an issue!! It’s called competing on the same level as everyone else!!

texaspackerbacker
02-26-2021, 05:59 AM
True on that last post, Brandon. With Davante too, we can accomplish the double purpose of keeping him long term and helping with the cap at the same time. That's obvious that the GM has to see it too and make it happen.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 10:21 AM
True on that last post, Brandon. With Davante too, we can accomplish the double purpose of keeping him long term and helping with the cap at the same time. That's obvious that the GM has to see it too and make it happen.

Yeah. Good call. I left out Adams extension. That’s part of it too.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 10:31 AM
Also, there are rumors that Adams doesn’t want to extend if Aaron isn’t gonna be extended and be here long term. He doesn’t want to get hung out to dry here long term in his best years of production. So all these people hating on the Rodgers extension might want to stick that in their pipe!!!