PDA

View Full Version : The AJ Dillon Appreciation Thread

George Cumby
12-29-2020, 09:28 AM
I think this is going to be warranted.

George Cumby
12-29-2020, 09:29 AM
Joe posted this in the Oilers Banjo thread:

"It's ironic that Dillon's first significant game came against Tennessee because I suspect another Derrick Henry is exactly what Gute and MLF had in mind when they drafted Dillon.

Some 40 times:

A.J. Dillon 4.53
Derrick Henry 4.54
Davante Adams 4.56
Aaron Jones 4.56"

George Cumby
12-29-2020, 09:30 AM
Also posted by Joe:

"You don't want to be #92.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1343631978051096578"

bobblehead
12-29-2020, 09:33 AM
Dillon looked great. The big question is sort of like "why won't the packers start Desmond Bishop" question of yesteryear. Why have we not been using AJ on 3rd and 1 all year. We drafted a tank, yet we kept giving the ball to our Lexus' when it was short yardage. He changed the down singlehandedly in this game. He tanked a DT for a tough 1st down in short yardage. Neither of the other 2 backs would have gotten that 1st. So what took so long?

ZachMN
12-29-2020, 09:36 AM
Dillon looked great. The big question is sort of like "why won't the packers start Desmond Bishop" question of yesteryear. Why have we not been using AJ on 3rd and 1 all year. We drafted a tank, yet we kept giving the ball to our Lexus' when it was short yardage. He changed the down singlehandedly in this game. He tanked a DT for a tough 1st down in short yardage. Neither of the other 2 backs would have gotten that 1st. So what took so long?

Agreed. This is what they needed last year- a Hammer on the short yardage plays especially on the goal line

Joemailman
12-29-2020, 09:56 AM
Well we might have seen Dillon earlier if he hadn't missed 5 weeks with Covid. Before that, I suspect the coaches felt he wasn't quite ready, or at least less ready than Jones and Williams. Even if it's 3rd and 1, the RB needs to be solid in pass pro in the event the play gets changed to a pass. Besides, the Packers have 2 RB's who between them scored 25 TD's last year. It's not like Dillon needed to be rushed in there.

GB-Brandon
12-29-2020, 10:53 AM
Joe posted this in the Oilers Banjo thread:

"It's ironic that Dillon's first significant game came against Tennessee because I suspect another Derrick Henry is exactly what Gute and MLF had in mind when they drafted Dillon.

Some 40 times:

A.J. Dillon 4.53
Derrick Henry 4.54
Davante Adams 4.56
Aaron Jones 4.56"

Don’t forget to mention Dillon’s “41 in vertical” and “10’11 Broad Jump” as well!!!

That equals Massive Explosion that #92 for Tennessee felt through his entire body. Believe that!!!

run pMc
12-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Don’t forget to mention Dillon’s “41 in vertical” and “10’11 Broad Jump” as well!!!

Wonder how tall that wall in Lambeau really is. ;)
Seriously, Joe is right that Jones and Jamaal are very solid, experienced backs who have earned their snaps. MLF said they didn't change the playcalling with Dillon in there, meaning he'd better be sound in any pass pro he had to do (and he was in the little bit he did).

I've actually seen Jones be pretty slippery in short yardage, but that's mostly on the goal line, where he has a nose for the end zone. Williams slimmed down to be more all-purpose, but he can still wear down a defense and has converted short yardage. So I think they could be good at it, and I wonder how much of it is on the OL or the play call.
Once Dillon got going vs TEN he was running downhill, and in the snow he's a load to tackle with his momentum.

I could see them carving out a couple series per game for him, it would keep Jones fresh for the 4Q of a close playoff game where they might need their playmakers.

It's one game, but you could see flashes of it from time to time in earlier games. The Covid illness definitely set him back, but might have helped from the standpoint of learning the game.
I will be interested to see how his career unfolds. Gute's gotta be happy with his pick.

RashanGary
12-29-2020, 12:06 PM

Lafleur said its the RB coach who sets the rotation during the game. I suspect he wanted to get his good friends and long time teammates (jones and Williams) more tuds. Plus, 12 runs a tight ship, leaning heavily on chemistry and last second adjustments that long time players tend to shine under. So it's part loyalty most likely and part 12 as well if I had to guess. Neither reasons to be upset about and both reasons that are no longer rationalized as 28 is now well integrated and proven to be able to work with 12. Expect more 28 in short yardage going forward as well as stealing a few of 33 and 30s carries. 30 is safe on 3rd down. Few better in the whole league in that role. 33 is safe in a lot of regular down situations. Few better and no one more cohesive with 12 there. 28 is the hammer. Count on it.

RashanGary
12-29-2020, 12:08 PM
28 is a brilliant pick because now we can afford the covid cap without much if any drop off. Big for this year and even bigger for 12s championship window. Gute bag shining this year.

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2020, 12:27 PM
Dillon should be the ideal to go with Aaron Jones. He is NOT a replacement for Aaron Jones. If all we had was Dillon and Williams, we'd be just like everybody else - very limited ability to run and a whole lot worse team than we have now.

MadtownPacker
12-29-2020, 12:32 PM
Sign me up, but enough with the Joemailman quotes GC, hella maricon of you!

Tony Oday
12-29-2020, 12:45 PM
Dillion is 100% AJs replacement. AJ is going to be WAAAAYYYY too expensive and he disappears way too often.

Bossman641
12-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Dillon may be Jones' replacement but if we go that route we definitely need a speed/pass-catching back. Jones is a tough tough call. He's a threat to score from anywhere and a high character guy on top of that. The economics say to let him walk but he'll be difficult to replace.

GB-Brandon
12-29-2020, 12:58 PM
They are gonna get a speed catching back and a receiver upgrade in the offseason to make up an actually surpass what they lose with AJ.

Watch!!!!

Which then I will completely apologize for everything I ever said about Gute!!!

GB-Brandon
12-29-2020, 01:01 PM
Don’t forget Deguara will be back to fortify the power run game with Dillon too. That’s the Vision.

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2020, 01:17 PM
Dillon may be Jones' replacement but if we go that route we definitely need a speed/pass-catching back. Jones is a tough tough call. He's a threat to score from anywhere and a high character guy on top of that. The economics say to let him walk but he'll be difficult to replace.

+ 1

RashanGary
12-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Don’t forget Deguara will be back to fortify the power run game with Dillon too. That’s the Vision.

He could easily have a decent sophomore campaign if he's dialed in on recovery. There's a little wait and see there. And he's not just a power run blocking fullback/hback/TE. He's also an (out of the backfield pass threat as well as movable TE passing threat). He could also fill Williams role as third down pass protector in the event we lose both Jones and Williams.

run pMc
12-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Jones is going to get p-a-i-d. Agree with Bossman 100% on needing a speed back and that Jones is a tough call because he's a playmaker and high character guy. The history of expensive 2nd contracts on RBs is not good, so I'm leaning against it. Had Dexter Williams even somewhat panned out, letting Jones go would be easier to contemplate.

I think Williams would be easier to bring back. You draft a replacement (or two) for Jones and play Williams/Dillon a lot early while the new RB gets up to speed. Williams can mentor them on pass pro and effectively be a John Kuhn type as a pass protector, outlet receiver and occasional runner.

RashanGary
12-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Williams is a 3rd down and obvious pass situation body guard for 12. Best in the biz at keeping the QB's jersey clean. Also, since he's so smart and on the same page with 12, runs good routes and has a good feel for screens, he passes kuhn as the best 3rd down back Rosgers has played with. 3M would be a steal, and helps keep Dillon fresh next year.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2020, 01:13 AM
This thread and the Savage appreciation thread are weak. Adams has earned his shit over the years (while the haters kept doubting) but you lames wanna blow whatever joe has a big game. Participation award bishes.

George Cumby
12-30-2020, 08:32 AM
This thread and the Savage appreciation thread are weak. Adams has earned his shit over the years (while the haters kept doubting) but you lames wanna blow whatever joe has a big game. Participation award bishes.

Don't be such a kill-joy Debbie-downer.

People are just enthusiastic and excited to have exciting players to watch.

I guess that's maricon, huh?

bobblehead
12-30-2020, 10:03 AM

That equals Massive Explosion that #92 for Tennessee felt through his entire body. Believe that!!!

This is probably your best post ever. Partly because you have been on the AJ train all along, partly because you brought value to the discussion...mostly because the point about him tanking Dickerson (I think is 92) entertained me live and in reliving it here.

bobblehead
12-30-2020, 10:15 AM
Tag Jones. Try and score a 2nd for him in a sign and trade. Draft Najee Harris. 6'2" 235. Nice hands and GREAT vision. Bring the 1/2 hammer down after down and when teams beg for mercy and stack the box let Rodgers do what he does best. With 2 seconds draft BPA. Re sign King (unless market prices him out). Re sign Lindsey (even if its expensive).

This team is Owl caliber now, and still has room to improve. The entire D is basically under contract outside of king. Jones is expendable (as paying a RB is suicide). Lindsey is the only must sign left. There are a lot of avenues to improve. We can draft guys, or value shop. A WR and DT could be of value. I was down on Gutes in the past. Still think he made mistakes, but Savage and Gary emerging is helping his case. Tonyan has been a find. Dillon finally hit the field running (downhill). A lot of reasons to be optimistic. Hell, its still December and I'm excited for the off season at a time when we are in the Owl hunt.

Fritz
12-30-2020, 10:29 AM
I am in the complete opposite camp. I think somehow we all got suddenly very spoiled vis a vis running backs. Does no one remember the Eddie-Lacey's-overeating-again years, or the Brandon Jackson machine? Running backs - the kind that are difference-makers -are not as easy to come by as many here seem to think.

You'd do better to re-sign Jones, let Jamaal Williams walk, let King go, and see if you can retain Linsley. If not, you can draft a center to develop and move Jenkins or keep Patrick there.

gbgary
12-30-2020, 10:35 AM
dillion has good hands (as does jones) he's good down hill (as is jones). does he have the cut back? don't know (haven't search the tape). pass pro is much improved (the film break-down guys say). i'd say he's probably better than jones on 3rd and one (a Packers weak point). he can definitely replace jones. this is just year one for him.

run pMc
12-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Alvin Kamara got 5years/$75M. Jones's asking price is going to be in that neighborhood. That's a hard pass. Even at 4yr/$48M he won't survive the contract. He just turned 26, and has been healthy for all 16 games ONE year.

Fritz is correct that it's not easy to find a dynamic back. Do we think Dillon could be one? It's possible, in the Derrick Henry mold.
I do think if they spend a R3 or R4 they can find a very good back with speed and pass catching skills they can pair with Dillon.

As a reminder: Jones is very good, and can play all 3 downs, but he'll always be on a pitch count, so he's technically more of a RBBC back than a bell-cow back. Hard to justify $10M+ per year for a player who has 5 games of 20+ rushes in his career (including playoffs).

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=JoneAa00&player_id2=WillJa06

If Jones does walk, they'll get a good comp pick. They will also need to find other dynamic playmakers to fill the void. Williams and Dillon can still provide a threat in the run game, but I think the assumption there is you have receiving weapons that open up from the play action game.

I'd love to keep Jones but the fact is he'll be expensive, and an expensive RB contract plus a shrinking cap is a bad combination, one they can't afford with Adams up for extension next year.

Tony Oday
12-30-2020, 01:23 PM
We cannot afford to lose that much cap on a Running Back while AR is on the roster.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2020, 04:02 PM
It would be a huge step downward to not retain Aaron Jones. Having two power backs, even decent ones like Dillon and Williams just doesn't cut it as a running threat. We need a breakaway runner.

As for being able to afford Jones - or any and all of our FAs, backloading the contracts should make it possible even in a reduced cap year like 2021. I've always been against investing big in a RB, but Aaron Jones is the exception to that.

Upnorth
12-30-2020, 05:05 PM
It would be a huge step downward to not retain Aaron Jones. Having two power backs, even decent ones like Dillon and Williams just doesn't cut it as a running threat. We need a breakaway runner.

As for being able to afford Jones - or any and all of our FAs, backloading the contracts should make it possible even in a reduced cap year like 2021. I've always been against investing big in a RB, but Aaron Jones is the exception to that.

Is he really a break away runner though? He has vision and hits the hole but I have seen him chased down a few times. I'm not saying he sucks. Far from it as vision is one of the most important traits in a rb. But I don't think you can spend a lot of money on a non work horse back.

texaspackerbacker
12-30-2020, 10:33 PM
I would argue he is a work horse back when needed to be. As for getting chased down, with the speed of NFL DBs, nobody this side of Tyreek Hill is immune to getting chased down. What we absolutely don't need, though is a rotation of nothing but work horse backs like Dillon and Williams, even though they are damn good. Pair up even Derrick Henry with another work horse type, and it just isn't enough of a threat.

Jones ain't fragile, and he is as good as anybody at getting what is needed in short yardage situations.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2020, 01:39 AM
Don't be such a kill-joy Debbie-downer.

People are just enthusiastic and excited to have exciting players to watch.

I guess that's maricon, huh?Yea but that’s ok.

MadtownPacker
12-31-2020, 01:46 AM
I would argue he is a work horse back when needed to be. As for getting chased down, with the speed of NFL DBs, nobody this side of Tyreek Hill is immune to getting chased down. What we absolutely don't need, though is a rotation of nothing but work horse backs like Dillon and Williams, even though they are damn good. Pair up even Derrick Henry with another work horse type, and it just isn't enough of a threat.

Jones ain't fragile, and he is as good as anybody at getting what is needed in short yardage situations.Jones is just Jones. Watching Dillion was some next level shit. After two or three carries me and the Titans defense were in awe. He was bowling through multiple defenders the way I had expected Henry to have done to the GB defense. Took 2,3 and even 5 mfers to take him down a few times. One DB was scared to hit him. I wanted to see more and damnit did we get it and then some. If he does this in the playoffs I can’t see the Pack losing to anyone.

Upnorth
12-31-2020, 06:20 AM
Jones is just Jones. Watching Dillion was some next level shit. After two or three carries me and the Titans defense were in awe. He was bowling through multiple defenders the way I had expected Henry to have done to the GB defense. Took 2,3 and even 5 mfers to take him down a few times. One DB was scared to hit him. I wanted to see more and damnit did we get it and then some. If he does this in the playoffs I can’t see the Pack losing to anyone.

If what we saw against a poor Titans d is an example of what the standard fair will be from dillion against other d's then jones is 100% expendable. True power running in our o is going to be awesome.
I think we will know by games end Sunday.

George Cumby
12-31-2020, 09:48 AM
Yea but that’s ok.

Thanks so much.

xoxoxoxo

George Cumby
12-31-2020, 09:52 AM
I don't know if Dillon's emergence makes Jones 'expendable'; Dillon is going to get beat up with that battering ram deal.

It'd be really nice to keep them both and force opposing D's to gameplan for both of them.

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2020, 02:57 PM
Jones is just Jones. Watching Dillion was some next level shit. After two or three carries me and the Titans defense were in awe. He was bowling through multiple defenders the way I had expected Henry to have done to the GB defense. Took 2,3 and even 5 mfers to take him down a few times. One DB was scared to hit him. I wanted to see more and damnit did we get it and then some. If he does this in the playoffs I can’t see the Pack losing to anyone.

You seriously think Dillon is as much or more of a threat as Jones? I absolutely don't. Dillon would be an upgrade from Jamal Williams - who is a damn decent RB himself, but pretty much nobody in the NFL except maybe Dalvin Cook are comparable to Jones, and Cook has those attitude and behavioral problems like Jones has never shown.

I loved seeing Jim Taylor take aim on DBs and intimidate and trample them back in the day, but I think I'd rather have somebody like Gayle Sayers or Barry Sanders breaking away for TDs.

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 03:05 PM
Williams is a 3rd down and obvious pass situation body guard for 12. Best in the biz at keeping the QB's jersey clean. Also, since he's so smart and on the same page with 12, runs good routes and has a good feel for screens, he passes kuhn as the best 3rd down back Rosgers has played with. 3M would be a steal, and helps keep Dillon fresh next year.

Best in the business at keeping the QB clean ? I missed this but go a laugh out of it when I ready it. There are a ton of good blockers at FB/Utility back. Williams is fine. He's fine. But lets not get drunk on Kool Aide over Jamal Williams; it's almost like you are starting the apology for the Packers losing Aaron Jone.

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 03:09 PM
They are gonna get a speed catching back and a receiver upgrade in the offseason to make up an actually surpass what they lose with AJ.

Watch!!!!

Which then I will completely apologize for everything I ever said about Gute!!!

There you ago again.

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 03:12 PM
You seriously think Dillon is as much or more of a threat as Jones? I absolutely don't. Dillon would be an upgrade from Jamal Williams - who is a damn decent RB himself, but pretty much nobody in the NFL except maybe Dalvin Cook are comparable to Jones, and Cook has those attitude and behavioral problems like Jones has never shown.

I loved seeing Jim Taylor take aim on DBs and intimidate and trample them back in the day, but I think I'd rather have somebody like Gayle Sayers or Barry Sanders breaking away for TDs.

THIS

Jones and Dillon is something defenses fear.

I think the debate is keeping Jones or Linsley

I think Jones wants to stay, and went as far as firing his agent because....my speciculation only........because a deal was not make before the Backman signed with the goal of being the highest paid OL in the NFL....which made things for Jones harder.

I think he's actually a guy who wants to play for GB, as opposed to playing for the money while staying in GB if he gets paid enough.

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 03:13 PM

Deguara didn't show much/

WHERE the HELL IS WIST ?

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 03:15 PM

It's too convenient to say "we'll just draft a speed back in middle rounds to replace Jones. How many of those turn out ? So many in here loved Josh Kelly as a guy like that. He's not working out. Every year there is about one James Robinson type back. Few and far between

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:17 PM
Deguara didn't show much/

WHERE the HELL IS WIST ?

He played one full game and played his role well.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:19 PM
AJ Dillon is faster than Jones coming out. We don’t need a speed back. Both guys are fast enough to take it to the house.

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 06:39 PM
AJ Dillon is faster than Jones coming out. We don’t need a speed back. Both guys are fast enough to take it to the house.

are you at complete peace to let Jones go ? Silverstein took an interesting question on last chat and argued keeping Jones is more important that keeping Linsley and the Jones/Dillon combo would really be special

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2020, 07:58 PM
It's gonna be interesting to see whether or not Jones and/or Dillon do without the sacred cow at LT. I suppose a lot of people are predicting doom and gloom. I'm not.

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 09:13 PM
are you at complete peace to let Jones go ? Silverstein took an interesting question on last chat and argued keeping Jones is more important that keeping Linsley and the Jones/Dillon combo would really be special

Yes, as long as we sign Williams.

I think either Dillon + Jones or Dillon + Williams is fine

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 09:14 PM
Dillon is the truth

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Dillon is the truth

:lol:

This really is good perspective.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 01:14 PM

I like Dillon/Williams more because of all the saved money.

Bretsky
01-01-2021, 03:52 PM

I don't really care if we resign Williams; he's fine. But not a key piece IMO

HarveyWallbangers
01-01-2021, 08:05 PM
I don't really care if we resign Williams; he's fine. But not a key piece IMO

I want him as a third down RB, if our starter is Dillon.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 08:37 PM
I want him as a third down RB, if our starter is Dillon.

This is it, and cheap too so even better.

Rodgers said Williams is as steady as kuhn in that role. Big praise.

Bretsky
01-01-2021, 10:26 PM
This is it, and cheap too so even better.

Rodgers said Williams is as steady as kuhn in that role. Big praise.

Kuhn was always beloved by Rodgers cause they were close friends. He played his roll well though.

But he was a minimal contract guy (that's still good money), And IMO Williams is better than Kuhn.

Are you thinking we get Williams for minimum wage for a vet ??

Joemailman
01-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Kuhn was always beloved by Rodgers cause they were close friends. He played his roll well though.

But he was a minimal contract guy (that's still good money), And IMO Williams is better than Kuhn.

Williams base salary in 2020 is 2.1M. That's more than double the minimum for a vet. I would imagine it would take 2-3M to sign him.

bobblehead
01-02-2021, 08:48 AM
It's gonna be interesting to see whether or not Jones and/or Dillon do without the sacred cow at LT. I suppose a lot of people are predicting doom and gloom. I'm not.

LT is primarily a pass blocking position. Bak was a better run blocker than most LT, but whoever we put there now is likely to be just as good. Its Rodgers who has to adjust. I thought you understood football. This post makes me really wonder.

RashanGary
01-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Im thinking like 3.5M. I do think he's better than kuhn because he can run routes and take screens a good distance on top of elite pass pro. Opens up options for 12. I'm gonna say Williams is the best 3rd down back Rodgers has played with and an unsung hero of our 3rd down offense.

RashanGary
01-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Kuhn made between 1.5 and 3M per year in his prime years. Maybe Williams would be 3-4M during these prime years.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 10:48 PM
Ahem.

call_me_ishmael
11-14-2021, 10:50 PM
To me Dillon seems slow but you don't need to be fast when you're gigantic like him. He is a poor man's 2014 Eddie Lacy and I'm here for it. 2014 Eddie Lacy was such a beast.

George Cumby
11-14-2021, 11:23 PM
Dillon is NOT slow. He might not be as fast/quick as Jones, but he is not SLOW.

https://www.packers.com/video/highlights-aj-dillon-s-biggest-plays-packers-vs-seahawks

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2021, 11:26 PM
To me Dillon seems slow but you don't need to be fast when you're gigantic like him. He is a poor man's 2014 Eddie Lacy and I'm here for it. 2014 Eddie Lacy was such a beast.

He's not slow--especially for a big back. Low 4.5s speed--not a sloth like Lacy running in the mid 4.6s. His acceleration for a big back is near elite.

Guiness
11-14-2021, 11:44 PM
He's not slow--especially for a big back. Low 4.5s speed--not a sloth like Lacy running in the mid 4.6s. His acceleration for a big back is near elite.

If only he had Lacy's spin move! I laughed every time he did it, it was effective when it really shouldn't have been.

One of the best examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTEp9g7gs4

texaspackerbacker
11-15-2021, 01:02 AM
I don't recall Lacy at his best being as good as Dillon - I do appreciate him. Just the same, I still much prefer an Aaron Jones type RB to a Dillon type RB. I hope Jones's injury isn't as bad as it might be. Getting him back after the bye or even for the playoffs would be great.

smuggler
11-15-2021, 02:50 AM
At his best, Lacy was pretty damn good. But his best was quite short lived. I think Dillon's best is yet to come!

Sparkey
11-15-2021, 08:17 AM
At his best, Lacy was pretty damn good. But his best was quite short lived. I think Dillon's best is yet to come!

Offensive rookie of the year. 1,178 yards and 11 touchdowns on 4.1 yards per carry and 35 catches for 257 yards. The following year he had 9 td's and 1,139 yards rushing.

https://youtu.be/S4ACPZSgEOg

His career ended because he couldn't keep his weight down.

ThunderDan
11-15-2021, 09:11 AM
Offensive rookie of the year. 1,178 yards and 11 touchdowns on 4.1 yards per carry and 35 catches for 257 yards. The following year he had 9 td's and 1,139 yards rushing.

https://youtu.be/S4ACPZSgEOg

His career ended because he couldn't keep his weight down.

Those are almost Aaron Jones numbers from his best year.

Aaron's best year was 1,084 yards rushing, 474 receiving, 19 TDs.

run pMc
11-15-2021, 10:47 AM
Lacy had really good feet for a man his size, and his vision was pretty good. Speed was not his game. IIRC he kept the team afloat with Matt Flynn in the 8-7-1 year that ended with Rodgers-Cobb killing the Bears in a classic for the NFCN crown. Everyone knew the offense was going to ride Lacy while Rodgers was out with the collarbone, and Lacy still kept the team in contention. Shitty division that year, but still.

I won't dog on Lacy for anything; it was a disappointment how fast he flamed out though. I hear he's in a better place mentally these days which is good news.

I think Lacy's feet are better than Dillon's, but I think Dillon has better speed and more pop behind his pads when he runs. I also think Dillon will last longer in the league.