PDA

View Full Version : Big Pack Snack?

KYPack
12-30-2020, 08:17 PM
DC Pettine has always preferred to protect both A gaps in his defensive schemes. Damon "Snacks" Harrison Sr. has been a major run stuffer in his NFL career.

The Packers claimed Harrison off waivers Wednesday, according to the NFL's transaction wire. In doing so, general manager Brian Gutekunst hopes he can add veteran depth to a defensive line.

A late addition to the roster, Harrison is not eligible to play on Sunday due to any number of NFL regulations.

Of course this is seen as a move to strengthen the roster for the playoffs.

Howard Green, anyone?

MadtownPacker
12-31-2020, 12:39 AM
Even though he beat you by 3 minutes I choose to only fill my belly with SNACKS info from this thread. It is informative stuff by KY not lazy link posting from a total jackeen like Bretsky.

Fritz
12-31-2020, 06:41 AM
DC Pettine has always preferred to protect both A gaps in his defensive schemes. Damon "Snacks" Harrison Sr. has been a major run stuffer in his NFL career.

The Packers claimed Harrison off waivers Wednesday, according to the NFL's transaction wire. In doing so, general manager Brian Gutekunst hopes he can add veteran depth to a defensive line.

A late addition to the roster, Harrison is not eligible to play on Sunday due to any number of NFL regulations.

Of course this is seen as a move to strengthen the roster for the playoffs.

Howard Green, anyone?

I thought the same. We're all trying to channel 2010 right about now. Since Mt. Adams has been MIA for awhile now, either he or Rush could go.

Now we need an ugly, low-scoring win over da Bears in the season finale.

Upnorth
12-31-2020, 08:51 AM
I thought the same. We're all trying to channel 2010 right about now. Since Mt. Adams has been MIA for awhile now, either he or Rush could go.

Now we need an ugly, low-scoring win over da Bears in the season finale.

Fuck that. 6 tds first half and coast the rest of the way. Lock up #1 seed less than 30 minutes in.

run pMc
12-31-2020, 09:03 AM
Fritz, I'd prefer to see the packers blow out the bears. That way they can pull Rodgers and Adams in the 4Q.

The "it's just like Howard Green" narrative is kind of funny to me; to me every season is different. Take the grades for what they are worth, but Tyler Lancaster's PFF grade is 63.9; Harrison's is 68.5. Basically it's a modest bump up from Tyler, which is fine IMO. He'll certainly help in the playoffs, but I get the sense he doesn't have a lot left in the tank. I'm guessing he sees less than 10 snaps per game, although Pettine is weird about that sometimes. I'll be curious to see how they use him, and how well he plays.

It's a good pickup for the DL.

Upnorth
12-31-2020, 09:18 AM
The reason why he picked the Seahawks first time around is he wants a ring imo. Back then the Hawks were the media darling.

KYPack
12-31-2020, 09:48 AM
I came on here to delete this thread. B-Man beat me by 3 minutes, but with our resident illegal alien (&leader) sanctioning this thread, so mebbe we'll let em both run on the site.

I like the move bc late season lineman additions have been a good luck charm for us

Howard Green in '10.

Bruce Wilkerson in '96.

Big role players that know the job and happy to fit in and help out.

Go Snack attack!

bobblehead
12-31-2020, 10:56 AM
Agree, this is a perfect addition. If anyone bothers reading my drivel he was the ONE guy I wanted a couple months ago. I am under no illusions that he is good for 50 dominating snaps, but guys at the end of their career can play inspired 20 snap games and be very good. Think NBA where past their prime vets drop 18 points on a team in the 4th quarter.

Snacks has limited use, but its a use we have no one to fill until now. Red zone and short yardage he can plug up the middle and make offenses less diverse. That will help everyone around. He isn't going to channel Reggie White here, but 2-3 plays of blowing up a run play on 2nd or 3rd and 3 or less can swing a game.

KYPack
12-31-2020, 12:44 PM
Lafluer has made a statement today that Snacks will get some practice time as is expected to suit up against the Bears on Sunday. Previous statements made me believe Big Snacks had to clear some kind of Covid screen to play.

This is good news, I think.

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 02:05 PM
We’ll see how it goes. Nice replacement for Ol montravious!

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 02:14 PM
Our DL just isn’t good enough for any of them to play extended snaps. Our only chance up front is if they’re all rested and playing inspired ball like bobble said. Clark is the one guy who can play 70%+ snaps.

Harrison makes everyone better because everyone plays a little less. And Harrison makes some of our run stopping units stronger. Picture Harrison/Lancaster/Clark as our three down. And just for shits and giggles, throw Lowry and Gary on the edges. Ain’t no one gonna run into that front. Could play nickle behind that line and still be stout AF!

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 04:02 PM
Gute has been serious as a rattlesnake bout the bottom end of the DL rotation. Old school. I think he knows Lowry and Lancaster are only serviceable when rested??

run pMc
01-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Snacks is at the end of his career so he's not what he was and won't give much, but I do think he can be effective enough in the right situations.

Keke in the concussion protocol, Mt. Adams on IR, Billy Winn on IR, Price on PS and not showing a lot when called up for the last game... it's a good move for depth. He plays 10 snaps maybe on early downs and if he stuffs the run even better. Agree spreading the snaps more will help the DL in the 4Q.

People bashing Clark are overreacting. He was injured early and has turned it up in December. Most games I'm seeing him double teamed and fighting thru those...he hasn't had a lot of help on the DL. Maybe the TEN game will boost their confidence, because they'll need to stop Montgomery and keep Mitch in the pocket.

Joemailman
01-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Snacks was playing 30-40% of snaps in some games for Seattle.