PDA

View Full Version : Bakh Out For Season

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:22 PM
Ugh!

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:22 PM
https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-lt-david-bakhtiari-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:23 PM
Devastating!

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:24 PM
Torn ACL

GB-Brandon
12-31-2020, 06:28 PM
And just like that we’re fucked!!!

GB-Brandon
12-31-2020, 06:30 PM
I just can’t Fucken believe it!!!!!!!!!

Teamcheez1
12-31-2020, 06:36 PM
Another wasted contract.

Bretsky
12-31-2020, 06:37 PM
OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP . Not sure what to say. Back was a stud; and we may have overpaid to keep him here making him the highest paid OL man in football. OH CRAP

pittstang5
12-31-2020, 06:38 PM
Isn't this the second time...at least, that a player has been significantly injured at practice this year. PRACTICE - you're not supposed to get hurt at PRACTICE. Fuck - Now what?

Jenkins at LT? Wagner's out too. Jesus Mother F'n Christ!!!

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:40 PM
Another wasted contract.

Stupid

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 06:40 PM
Isn't this the second time...at least, that a player has been significantly injured at practice this year. PRACTICE - you're not supposed to get hurt at PRACTICE. Fuck - Now what?

Jenkins at LT? Wagner's out too. Jesus Mother F'n Christ!!!

Is Wagner out for sure?

pittstang5
12-31-2020, 06:46 PM
Is Wagner out for sure?

Not officially - Thought I saw he was DNP for today, but he was limited today. DNP was for yesterday. Still - not a good sign

Anti-Polar Bear
12-31-2020, 06:48 PM
And just like that we’re fucked!!!

Relax. Packers drafted the Fucking Center, the greatest O-Yokozuna since D’Brickashaw Ferguson. Just move Fucking Center to LT and insert Patrick or Lucas or Runyan in at LG.

GB-Brandon
12-31-2020, 06:48 PM
Either way Lucas Patrick is going back to guard.

pittstang5
12-31-2020, 06:56 PM
Either way Lucas Patrick is going back to guard.

That sucks even more. Visions of him from the Carolina game haunt my dreams.

Sparkey
12-31-2020, 07:03 PM
That sucks even more. Visions of him from the Carolina game haunt my dreams.

Patrick will be fine. It's not like he has to block Akeem Hicks..��*♂️

George Cumby
12-31-2020, 07:17 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

texaspackerbacker
12-31-2020, 07:52 PM
R-E-L-A-X, the Packers will be fine without him.

Anybody hear if it was contact or non-contact or what? You wouldn't think they'd be having full contact scrimmages this far into the season.

Joemailman
12-31-2020, 08:01 PM
Is Wagner out for sure?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqmJ77qXYAA1Mqz?format=jpg&name=900x900

call_me_ishmael
12-31-2020, 08:14 PM
Jeez, that is a really tough break at the end of a special season. I suspect they move Jenkins to LT and sign somebody to play guard. There’s gotta be someone out there better than patrick

KYPack
12-31-2020, 08:28 PM
No dice Partial. There's no guard out there we can plug in at this point

pittstang5
12-31-2020, 08:30 PM
Jeez, that is a really tough break at the end of a special season. I suspect they move Jenkins to LT and sign somebody to play guard. There’s gotta be someone out there better than patrick

There is. and he's on the roster - Runyan.

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 08:34 PM
Ugh, in the referees we trust!

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 08:37 PM
Gamblers dogma: If the referee deities are with you, no one can be against you.

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 08:40 PM
I guess the 3 headed RB monster we play with and turners joy of run blocking give us a punchers cbance still

smuggler
12-31-2020, 08:42 PM
Uh... yeah I'm thinking Jenkins or Turner at LT and Runyan at guard.

Joemailman
12-31-2020, 08:50 PM
Patrick had a bad game against Carolina, but he's been solid more often than not. They'll be okay if Turner and Wagner can play

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 08:51 PM
Turner/Patrick so you have two vets on the left side
Lindsley
Runyan/Jenkins (ugh)

Bring on the 12th man in stripes. Once Wagner is healthy, this looks a little less doomy and gloomy

RashanGary
12-31-2020, 08:52 PM
Wagner going down hurts. If we eek out a win against Chicago, we have a chance to be just healthy enough with Wagner to maybe pull of some playoff wins

Vincenzo
12-31-2020, 09:13 PM
Devastating!
Feels like we lost our Left Nut.

Vincenzo
12-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Devastating!
Thank Gawd 2020 is almost over, NFL teams around the league have been decimated with injuries, I thought we got off lucky looking at our team injury report week after week.
An hour after learning the news I still can’t believe it. I mean during the Bear game Sunday on the first snap, but while practicing on a Thursday afternoon. Bad luck can fuck right off!

HarveyWallbangers
12-31-2020, 10:16 PM
I was literally thinking this team felt like the team of destiny. This is a major gut punch.

Bossman641
12-31-2020, 11:37 PM
Fuck fuck fuck. Just when things were aligning. Jenkins to LT, patrick to LG.

MadScientist
01-01-2021, 12:45 AM
And he will probably miss the first month or two of next season (if all goes well with the surgery and recovery).

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2021, 01:18 AM
R-E-L-A-X, the Packers will be fine without him.

Any team losing the starting LT is greatly weakened. Bak was one of the key cogs in their offense.

They'll reshuffle and still be competitive. It's unclear what level the offense will be at now.
"fine without him" suggests nothing changed. Absurd.

HarveyWallbangers
01-01-2021, 01:33 AM
It sucks. He might be the second most important player to the Packers—behind Rodgers. I know Adams is good, but we have handled his loss. This could be a game changer come plalyoff time. Turner has been good at multiple positions. I’m hoping he continues to prove his worth, but it’s a tough ask.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 06:26 AM
New Orleans and. Chicago are best built to expose this loss. We’ll know right a damn way if we can make due.

Best case: defense was focused on scheme building and now commits all hands on deck to just win games. The run game is a real thing that can be counted on down the stretch. Lafleur completely goes off suit and puts all hands on the special teams deck. Jones returning kicks, guys like Amos, Savage (gunner) and kirksey get shoved into ST action in hopes of creating an advantage. Turner does just well enough to give 12 a chance.

Worst case: doom, gloom and complete offense futility. Hopelessness breeds defeat. Bitter pills, opposition thrills and utter agony. Whippings, beatings and smothering choke outs. Brutal, utter, unmistakable painful defeat. Goodbye cruel world, the packers are leaving the tournament today. Goodbye. Goodbye.......goodbye.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 06:38 AM
Little Matty flower had done such a masterful job keeping his horses healthy. Old school, rub dirt on it, replaced with a focus on mortality, recognition of human vulnerability and sweet understandings. Oh, ‘‘twas so sweet, warm, kind and effective. Oh, ‘‘twas so forward thinking, counter intuitive to the old breed. Oh, the magic flower did bring.

But...... DUN DUN... DUN........... Flower got caught up in the playoff intensity. Push through it troops! And Bakh, so grateful for his contract was leaving everything on the field, even the practice field. Leaving everything including his ACL.

Oh flower, hammer cock, Bakh, the Persian Prince. Oh Packers, what have we learnt? We’ve learnt not to forgot what got us here, whenst we arrive here. Let’s remember the mortality of our soft tissue. Let's remember the humanity that pumps ever mortal blood through our veins. Let's care for our sweet delicate bodies lest we forget and lose all. Oh the pain, oh the agony!

Flower Power, hammer cock knows... A lesson need only be learnt once. No more tough guy practices at the end of a brutal 17 week season. This will not happen next year. But let's be in the here and now. Let us agonize over this disastrous loss. Ouch! Bitter pain. Ouch.

Fritz
01-01-2021, 08:30 AM
Fuck fuck fuck. Just when things were aligning. Jenkins to LT, patrick to LG.

A putrid exclamation point on a generally lousy year.

Probably about the 4th guy you could least afford to lose.

Fritz
01-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Supposedly during non-contact drills. Your post is nullified.

GB-Brandon
01-01-2021, 09:10 AM
Talk about taking the wind out of the sails.

GB-Brandon
01-01-2021, 09:14 AM
I saw somewhere the best shot for the Packers is for the Colts to miss the playoffs and then they could go after Jared Veldheer.

Teamcheez1
01-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Veldheer is on the practice squad. They can sign him right now.

bobblehead
01-01-2021, 10:34 AM
I think you have to put Jenkins at LT since we know its not just 1 game. I believe the drop off at LT won't be devastating, but the domino effect.... Now the LG goes from stud to whoever.

We are very lucky to have Jenkins. He is a stud. I even thought there was a chance they wouldn't sign bak and just move him over. Unfortunately we get to see in real time if that was really viable.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Veldheer is on the practice squad. They can sign him right now.

Sounds like a good idea to get a backup

mmmdk
01-01-2021, 11:53 AM
This sucks! Bakhtiari is the 2nd most important Packer as the # 1 Packer is MVP Aaron Rodgers. Last time injuries hit Packers hard we won the Super Bowl - long shot I know but I need to stay optimistic as this season took me by surprise and I want more.

The Shadow
01-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Veldheer, I think, has just been signed by the Colts.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 01:09 PM
Rodgers
Alexander
Adams
Clark
Bakh

In that order for this team. We have a shot. Everyone else has been dinged up. Why not us too. Won games against weaker fronts without him. Have a real shot to win a couple still. Fingers crossed, but we just went from NFC favs to right with the crowd.

The bright side is we get to find out right out of the gate against the worst matchup if we’ll be alright. Sunday gonna be interesting for sure.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 01:10 PM
Khalil Mack. Ugh. Painful first matchup. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 01:11 PM
Boy, I didn’t like that Billy Turner signing much last year or the first part of this year. But he’s sure looking worth every penny of that 8 now, with our super bowl hopes still alive because of him.

Tony Oday
01-01-2021, 01:19 PM
Eh AR knows how to play with a porous oLine.

Tony Oday
01-01-2021, 01:25 PM
Rodgers
Alexander
Adams
Clark
Bakh

In that order for this team. We have a shot. Everyone else has been dinged up. Why not us too. Won games against weaker fronts without him. Have a real shot to win a couple still. Fingers crossed, but we just went from NFC favs to right with the crowd.

The bright side is we get to find out right out of the gate against the worst matchup if we’ll be alright. Sunday gonna be interesting for sure.
Clark isn't even top 3 on defense. He is trash for his cap hit.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Khalil Mack. Ugh. Painful first matchup. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Fear not. Mack usually combat RTs, not LTs.

Freak Out
01-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Bakh going on IR sucks balls for sure and makes the prize more difficult to attain...but they can still do this.

RashanGary
01-01-2021, 08:36 PM

I don’t agree with that. But I stayed steady with MVS through his tribulations so I’m a bit stubborn with my views I suppose.

Joemailman
01-01-2021, 11:25 PM

Less capable at that than he used to be due to reduced mobility. See Tampa Bay game. That said, if the top 6 they have can stay healthy, they have a chance.

KYPack
01-01-2021, 11:38 PM
Did anybody hear how the injury happened?

I don't imagine they want to publicize who screwed the pooch, but you'd know somebody did.

Joemailman
01-02-2021, 07:04 AM
Did anybody hear how the injury happened?

I don't imagine they want to publicize who screwed the pooch, but you'd know somebody did.
I think I read it was a non-contact drill.

Bossman641
01-02-2021, 09:41 AM
Yes, non-contact. ACLs are a freak injury a lot of the time.

run pMc
01-02-2021, 09:52 AM
Wagner is off the injury list, so he'll probably go at RT. Hopefully he stays healthy. They'll trot out Turner at LT, Jenkins, Linsley, Patrick, and Wagner to start. If Wagner goes down they likely move Jenkins to RT and put Runyan in.

Patrick isn't bad; he's more technique and finesse than power so Derrick Brown was a bad matchup for him. Derrick Brown is a bad matchup for a LOT of IOL though - some scouts thought he was Top 3 player in the draft and he's gonna be a beast. That said, Patrick will have his struggles, but you obviously can win with him.

Turner's flexibility has been invaluable this year. Also, overall he's playing better this year than last. Hated the signing last year but he's proven me wrong.

Jenkins' ability to play basically anywhere on the OL is also super valuable. Some teams lose a player and their whole OL falls apart because they have to change their blocking/protection calls and it impacts the game plan.

Losing Bahk is a BIG loss, no doubt about that, especially in the passing game. I think with some luck, planning and good execution they can overcome it.

RashanGary
01-02-2021, 01:40 PM
Bakh ran 80 yards full speed after the contract. He was literally leaving it all on the field. Ugh.

pittstang5
01-02-2021, 06:40 PM
Losing Bahk is a BIG loss, no doubt about that, especially in the passing game. I think with some luck, planning and good execution they can overcome it.

Yes - Planning! Short throws, screens....get the ball out quick. Rogers is not going to have time like he did in the Titans game to go through multiple reads. If it's not there, pull it down and run or throw it away.

call_me_ishmael
01-02-2021, 09:18 PM
Less capable at that than he used to be due to reduced mobility. See Tampa Bay game. That said, if the top 6 they have can stay healthy, they have a chance.

I know the OL being incredible was obviously a huge factor but when I think of ARod at his best, I think of Dallas 2014-2015 playoffs where he couldn't run on his bad ankle and got rid of the ball quick. I think that sort of quick passing game with LaFleur's crossing routes would be incredibly effective. Personally - I think a huge factor to success going forward will be pairing Thighland and Aaron Jones in the back field together because Jones is so dynamic as a receiving weapon. Putting those two together will make the D think twice and thus not have their ears pinned back trying to blow by less-than-stellar tackles.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-03-2021, 04:09 AM
I know the OL being incredible was obviously a huge factor but when I think of ARod at his best, I think of Dallas 2014-2015 playoffs where he couldn't run on his bad ankle and got rid of the ball quick.

Seine kalb, homie. Not ankle.