PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Bears

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 06:18 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/08/c4/9008c45158e8e93c05bee1b0097cbf03.jpg

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 06:29 PM
Rodgers wraps up MVP with 24-40, 240, 4 TD.

Packers with just 79 yards rushing.

When a team throws short like the Bears did, you have to tackle. Packers did.

Savage, Amos and Barnes with strong games again.

Bossman641
01-03-2021, 06:33 PM
First round bye sure feels good

texaspackerbacker
01-03-2021, 06:46 PM
We took what the D gave us. They shut down the run for the most part, so Rodgers went out and won it. Another day, another D, maybe we run 'em to death.

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 06:48 PM
https://i1.wp.com/deadbearwalking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/18519892_1401575866548066_1687160661946278666_n.jp g

https://i.pinimg.com/600x315/ec/57/d6/ec57d680abde674728b5f573d9c94ee1.jpg

https://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/5251536.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
01-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Rodgers wraps up MVP with 24-40, 240, 4 TDs

19-24

Have another drink. :)

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 07:15 PM
19-24

Have another drink. :)

Okay, how about this:

Aaron Rodgers: 48 TD passes

J.K. Scott: 46 punts

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 07:17 PM
Rodgers asked in PC what advice he would give to teammates during time off:

"Don't get Covid"

call_me_ishmael
01-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Great game - this team feels special to me. Enjoy the ride!

Guiness
01-03-2021, 09:45 PM
Happy with the D overall, but those long drives in the 3rd quarter made me crazy with the Bears slooowly crawling their way down the field

beveaux1
01-04-2021, 11:45 AM
Just read this in the Journal-Sentinel. Tavon Austin has 23 fumbles in 100 career games. Around a fumble every 4 games for a very part-time player.

run pMc
01-04-2021, 11:58 AM
Just read this in the Journal-Sentinel. Tavon Austin has 23 fumbles in 100 career games. Around a fumble every 4 games for a very part-time player.
Accurate. It's worth noting 21 of them came during his time with the Rams...so he's had 2 in his last 25 games. That's still not great, especially for a limited role player.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AustTa00.htm

Was a nice touch to have Rodgers throw him a pass on the drive after the fumble.

run pMc
01-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Defense played pretty well, although I was foolishly hoping Pettine wouldn't play his outside corners so far off. By the 2Q I was yelling at TV about how Mitch wasn't throwing anything deep -- he was dinking and dunking -- and sooner or later a route was going to get jumped if he didn't start throwing deep. Clearly the Bears were trying to keep Mitch from having to do much, and force the DBs to tackle, which they did a decent job of for the most part.
Allen Robinson was an afterthought in this game -- weird. David Montgomery gave them some trouble -- didn't want to go down easy and fell forward for a lot of positive yardage.

The MVS drop was almost a killer, and those 1st two possessions in the 2nd half were ugly for GB -- I was hoping MLF would get back to running the ball and committing to it. Getting the 4th down stop and then driving down for the TD to go up by 12 was the decisive drive IMO. Rodgers was a little shaky coming out in the 2nd half but in general he was otherworldly.

Getting the bye was huge for GB -- should give them time to rest up and get ready. Getting it by beating the Bears makes it sweeter.

RashanGary
01-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Defense played pretty well, although I was foolishly hoping Pettine wouldn't play his outside corners so far off. By the 2Q I was yelling at TV about how Mitch wasn't throwing anything deep -- he was dinking and dunking -- and sooner or later a route was going to get jumped if he didn't start throwing deep. Clearly the Bears were trying to keep Mitch from having to do much, and force the DBs to tackle, which they did a decent job of for the most part.
Allen Robinson was an afterthought in this game -- weird. David Montgomery gave them some trouble -- didn't want to go down easy and fell forward for a lot of positive yardage.

The MVS drop was almost a killer, and those 1st two possessions in the 2nd half were ugly for GB -- I was hoping MLF would get back to running the ball and committing to it. Getting the 4th down stop and then driving down for the TD to go up by 12 was the decisive drive IMO. Rodgers was a little shaky coming out in the 2nd half but in general he was otherworldly.

Getting the bye was huge for GB -- should give them time to rest up and get ready. Getting it by beating the Bears makes it sweeter.

Agree.

call_me_ishmael
01-04-2021, 04:34 PM
Not to spam the thread, but did anyone else just *know* they were scoring and ending the game when Rodgers came out slinging it to Davante in the slant on that drive when they finally scored in the second half. The camera caught Rodgers giving a look to Adam's like "It is time". After that drive I certainly knew they were going to win, but it did look a little bit dicey the few drives prior where they didn't get much going after the deep drop by MVS.

Teamcheez1
01-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Trubisky set the team record for highest completion percentage in a season and has the highest QB rating in team history.

run pMc
01-05-2021, 11:28 AM
Trubisky set the team record for highest completion percentage in a season and has the highest QB rating in team history.

They have to keep him now right? :)

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2021, 11:54 AM
packers had more TDs than punts in 2020.
First time in NFL history?

My source is dubious.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2021, 12:56 PM
packers had more TDs than punts in 2020.
First time in NFL history?

My source is dubious.

They had more passing TDs than punts. At first, I read it was the first time in NFL history, but I think I read later that it had been done 2-3 times before. I think KC may have done it the year Mahomes won his MVP.

Packers4Glory
01-05-2021, 01:03 PM
I do say I love these Banjo threads since my first one back in sept of 2013. Hard to believe they're still going strong 7 years later

and i still love chicago sports radio after the bears lose to the Packers. This time wasn't as bad as the first game. that was great.

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2021, 01:55 PM
I'd love to see Love traded straight up for Trubisky. He'd be a damn fine back up for the Packers.

RashanGary
01-05-2021, 02:08 PM
I'd love to see Love traded straight up for Trubisky. He'd be a damn fine back up for the Packers.

:puke:

Proud of little turdbuscuit for getting better tho. He's come a long way from last year's mess.

George Cumby
01-05-2021, 07:02 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's either a joke or you are fucking delusional.

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2021, 10:23 PM
Trubisky is a decent NFL QB with the potential to get a lot better. Love should never have gotten drafted by the Packers.

I'm not really serious about making a trade like that, but we need to get whatever scraps we can for Love, assuming they don't pull something totally bonehead and lose Aaron Rodgers. Supposing Rodgers got hurt for a few games or a large part of the season. We would have zero chance for success with Love, very little chance with Boyle, but a fairly decent chance with Trubisky.

I get it that people in here hate the Bears. I do too. And Trubisky has certainly underperformed before this year, but he wasn't that bad this season, and he could easily get better in the future.

George Cumby
01-05-2021, 10:48 PM
Fair enough.

I agree Trubs isn't as bad as some like to think.

I don't think we have any idea of what Love's floor or ceiling look like.

MadScientist
01-05-2021, 11:31 PM
Trubisky is a decent NFL QB with the potential to get a lot better. Love should never have gotten drafted by the Packers.

I'm not really serious about making a trade like that, but we need to get whatever scraps we can for Love, assuming they don't pull something totally bonehead and lose Aaron Rodgers. Supposing Rodgers got hurt for a few games or a large part of the season. We would have zero chance for success with Love, very little chance with Boyle, but a fairly decent chance with Trubisky.

I get it that people in here hate the Bears. I do too. And Trubisky has certainly underperformed before this year, but he wasn't that bad this season, and he could easily get better in the future.

I wasn't overwhelmed by the Love pick, but all we can say about him is that we have no clue how he will develop. There were no minicamps to really learn the offense and no preseason to get some game work in. Unless you are on the Packers staff, you don't know how he is progressing in practice. Let him learn for the next two years. If he shows ability, but Rodgers is still otherworldly, then trade him for a good return.

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2021, 12:41 PM
It's not really relevant IMO whether Love can develop into something decent. Odds are very strong that he won't ever be like Aaron Rodgers - you can say the same for just about anybody, even the top 2 or 3 draft picks of the past few years. Assuming we keep Rodgers, as we urgently damn well should, Love is never gonna get a chance with the Packers - barring injury. The only relevant thing is what we can get for him in trade. And I, for one, prefer that he does not ever amount to anything for some other team.

Let him learn for two years? Yeah, I guess - assuming we have a normal preseason in the future, etc., that's better than just giving him away.

RashanGary
01-06-2021, 12:58 PM
I'm a huge Rodgers fan tex, probably close to you in appreciation for his grind and skill. However, I turn 40 in two months and know age will catch him sooner than later.

Gute learned from the Wolf tree of QB finding (Favre, Hasselbeck, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahommes, Mayfield, etc...) There is a better chance of that hitting than you give credit. Could be back to back to back HOFers if the Wolf tree pulls through yet again.

run pMc
01-06-2021, 04:30 PM
It's not really relevant IMO whether Love can develop into something decent. Odds are very strong that he won't ever be like Aaron Rodgers - you can say the same for just about anybody, even the top 2 or 3 draft picks of the past few years. Assuming we keep Rodgers, as we urgently damn well should, Love is never gonna get a chance with the Packers - barring injury. The only relevant thing is what we can get for him in trade. And I, for one, prefer that he does not ever amount to anything for some other team.

Let him learn for two years? Yeah, I guess - assuming we have a normal preseason in the future, etc., that's better than just giving him away.

Respectfully disagree tex. Whether he develops is very relevant to the Packers' future. If he doesn't, they will have to find a QB elsewhere eventually. It also means they gave up two picks for nothing, and when they are early round picks that can hurt a team. Rodgers is having a season for the ages and has run the MLF offense like a maestro this year...they absolutely should keep him. If he takes a hard shot from Khalil Mack, I want there to be a better backup than Brett Hundley, and the hope is that Jordan Love eventually develops into a starting caliber QB. If he does, and Rodgers sticks around, he's trade bait. Teams will give up a LOT for a QB...and I think we agree that he's relevant in that way.

My preferred scenario is that Rodgers sticks around and kicks ass, Jordan Love progresses into an average-ish level starting QB, and Gute trades JL in a couple years for picks which turn into Rodgers eventual successor...and the next elite GB QB.

run pMc
01-06-2021, 04:37 PM
Mitch as a QB2 wouldn't be awful. He could probably get you through a game or two. I think you'd have to put some training wheels or guard rails on the offense though. Bootlegs, strong running game, short-to-intermediate throws. Things that lend to quick and easy reads -- if he has to go through his progressions he has trouble. Also will lock on to a specific target at times too.

Someone will offer him money to come in and compete for a starting job, backup an oft-hurt QB, or play as mentor for a rookie QB. I could easily see him signing with CHA, WAS, or CIN for example.

I don't expect Mitch to wear the G&G -- I think GB likes what they have with their QBs. If Tim Boyle is the QB2 next year over Jordan Love then you know the pick isn't working out and they will look for a new QB soon.

George Cumby
01-06-2021, 08:19 PM
Odds are very strong that he won't ever be like Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers may be the GOAT. Love would be in good company.

Bossman641
01-06-2021, 08:56 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1346835888685330432?ref_src=

This is a pretty cool look into the mind of Rodgers

Zool
01-06-2021, 09:59 PM
Fair enough.

I agree Trubs isn't as bad as some like to think.

I don't think we have any idea of what Love's floor or ceiling look like.

He’s worse than others think. The Bears didn’t bother to pick up his 5th year option. They’ve been looking for a QB since Sid Lucknan, and they are ready to move on. He will look great on one throw and be 4 yards short on a wide open WR the next. QBs are born with accuracy. He doesn’t have it.

Zool
01-06-2021, 10:01 PM
Bootlegs, strong running game, short-to-intermediate throws. Things that lend to quick and easy reads -- if he has to go through his progressions he has trouble. Also will lock on to a specific target at times too.

This is exactly the Bears offense, and he goes from okay to bad depending on the week. He is what he is.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2021, 03:07 AM
I'm a huge Rodgers fan tex, probably close to you in appreciation for his grind and skill. However, I turn 40 in two months and know age will catch him sooner than later.

Gute learned from the Wolf tree of QB finding (Favre, Hasselbeck, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahommes, Mayfield, etc...) There is a better chance of that hitting than you give credit. Could be back to back to back HOFers if the Wolf tree pulls through yet again.

hahahaha If you want to bring personal age and experience into it, I'm here to tell you, athletic ability goes on way past 40. In the case of Rodgers, as I have said, the current rules - like them or not - greatly extend the age a QB can play too. There were a few lemons that grew on that Wolf tree of QB finding also. But if Love is anything short of Mahomes, he will never be like Rodgers, and that's a pretty safe bet.

texaspackerbacker
01-07-2021, 03:12 AM
Respectfully disagree tex. Whether he develops is very relevant to the Packers' future. If he doesn't, they will have to find a QB elsewhere eventually. It also means they gave up two picks for nothing, and when they are early round picks that can hurt a team. Rodgers is having a season for the ages and has run the MLF offense like a maestro this year...they absolutely should keep him. If he takes a hard shot from Khalil Mack, I want there to be a better backup than Brett Hundley, and the hope is that Jordan Love eventually develops into a starting caliber QB. If he does, and Rodgers sticks around, he's trade bait. Teams will give up a LOT for a QB...and I think we agree that he's relevant in that way.

My preferred scenario is that Rodgers sticks around and kicks ass, Jordan Love progresses into an average-ish level starting QB, and Gute trades JL in a couple years for picks which turn into Rodgers eventual successor...and the next elite GB QB.

When I say irrelevant, I mean it is extremely unlikely Love would hang around Green Bay as a bench warmer for enough years that Rodgers is gone - assuming Gutekunst, etc. don't get extremely stupid and let Rodgers go while he still has most of the excellence he has now.

I agree completely with your preferred scenario - 7 or 8 years down the road, maybe.