PDA

View Full Version : Pam Oliver

The Shadow
01-03-2021, 10:02 PM
I realize this is a bit off the reservation, but:
WHY - other than for sensitive politically-correct bs reasons- do women like Pam Oliver have to appear onscreen with absolutely ridiculous observations? Today we were treated to "Mike Nagy says the Bears need to score touchdowns" & "Matt LeFleur says Aaron Rodgers is making good decisions."
Pam has obviously been eating REALLY well, so she would not seem to need the gig to survive.
Can't the NFL just lose the nonsense?

QBME
01-03-2021, 10:14 PM
I realize this is a bit off the reservation, but:
WHY - other than for sensitive politically-correct bs reasons- do women like Pam Oliver have to appear onscreen with absolutely ridiculous observations? Today we were treated to "Mike Nagy says the Bears need to score touchdowns" & "Matt LeFleur says Aaron Rodgers is making good decisions."
Pam has obviously been eating REALLY well, so she would not seem to need the gig to survive.
Can't the NFL just lose the nonsense?

On board.

RashanGary
01-03-2021, 10:18 PM
She’s over medicated with psych meds. Looks docile like a cow

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 10:20 PM
It's not her fault though that coaches tend to speak in cliches.

Tony Oday
01-03-2021, 10:58 PM
Dude she is hammered drunk on TV.

HarveyWallbangers
01-03-2021, 11:07 PM
I usually like her and Tafoya, but I thought I heard her slurring today. I’ll have to rewatch.

Freak Out
01-03-2021, 11:10 PM
Sounds like jealousy to me. That's a good gig.

MadtownPacker
01-03-2021, 11:32 PM
I’m guessing Shadow would have shaked his first at the Rams/Seattle game CBS crew have a female game analyst.

Cmon man do any of these broadcast fucks get rated on anything besides how annoying they are or aren’t?

Bossman641
01-04-2021, 08:27 AM
I noticed her slurring as well and asked one of my friends if she was drunk.

Sparkey
01-04-2021, 09:23 AM
I noticed her slurring as well and asked one of my friends if she was drunk.

Might have been the cold weather. I have been out in cold, completely sober, but under dressed and was so cold I had a hard time talking clearly. :cnf:

Joemailman
01-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Might have been the cold weather. I have been out in cold, completely sober, but under dressed and was so cold I had a hard time talking clearly. :cnf:

Probably. It wasn't terribly cold in Chicago, but the wind off Lake Michigan can make it feel a lot colder than it is. To people who live in warm weather climates, that can feel really cold. I have relatives who grew up in Illinois but eventually moved to Florida. They now think 50 degrees is cold.

RashanGary
01-04-2021, 10:34 AM
I usually like her and Tafoya, but I thought I heard her slurring today. I’ll have to rewatch.

She’s been slurring for a while. Weird.

Zool
01-04-2021, 03:46 PM
All sideline reporters say the same shit every week. If it was Booger, would it be better? Mute the games, you will enjoy them more.

call_me_ishmael
01-04-2021, 04:32 PM
Lots of commentary on Twitter about slurred speech. Not a lot about slurred speech prior to yesterday. I didn't notice but that seems to indicate something at least.

QBME
01-04-2021, 07:50 PM
The wife observed that after the initial on camera appearance she was limited to voice only. The wife commented it was the weather messing with her hair. Women.

smuggler
01-04-2021, 08:27 PM
Pam Oliver and I went to the same high school, but I've never met her. She's almost 30 years older than I am, so that's no surprise. It's far from a necessary gig she's got, but we tend to think of things from the perspective of knowledgeable football fans. To understand Pam Oliver's contributions to a broadcast, you have to remember that a good chunk of the audience might be channel-flipping, first-time football watchers and not have that great of an understanding of the sport. To say it differently, the Pam Olivers of the football broadcast world are intended for a different audience than The Shadow (because he already knows).

KYPack
01-04-2021, 10:45 PM
Pam Oliver and I went to the same high school, but I've never met her. She's almost 30 years older than I am, so that's no surprise. It's far from a necessary gig she's got, but we tend to think of things from the perspective of knowledgeable football fans. To understand Pam Oliver's contributions to a broadcast, you have to remember that a good chunk of the audience might be channel-flipping, first-time football watchers and not have that great of an understanding of the sport. To say it differently, the Pam Olivers of the football broadcast world are intended for a different audience than The Shadow (because he already knows).

Whoa, Smuggler you are a young un. And a knowledgeable one at that. You went to Pam's high school, eh? What was her 40 time? Actually my impression of her reporting was slightly different. I really thought old Fox really held her out to dry. She was all by her lonesome with a little sideline mike with the wind blowing her wig up in the back. Couldn't fox build her a little cage or a cubbyhole to stand in? Some people have mentioned some network outta bring back the Goose. I agree, I don't really remember anything Goose ever said from the sideline, but he was more entertaining than anybody they have down there now.

CaptainKickass
01-05-2021, 09:25 AM
Pam Oliver

Since she first appeared on an NFL broadcast I immediately gave her a nickname because she looked like an amalgam of two other distinctly different famous people. You know, like if you crossed so and so with another so and so. Kinda like when Jeff Goldblum became a hybrid "BrundleFly" in the classic 1986 film The Fly.

So anyway, if you were to choose two people to put in a human DNA blender and create something that resembled the subject of this thread, Pam Oliver, who would those two people be?

I posit the following scenario:

If you put Whitney Houston...

https://media.salon.com/2012/02/Whitney-Houston.jpg

and Oprah Winfrey...

https://theliteraryshack.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/0_oprah-winfrey3.jpg

....in a mixing device like a blender...

...or even some science fiction teleporter of some sort...

https://scarina.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/telepod.jpg?w=640&h=349

...that you would eventually produce the abomination that can only be called:

"Whitney-Winfrey"

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/pam-oliver-fox-sidelines-nfl.jpg

SudsMcBucky
01-05-2021, 10:05 AM
My buddy and I met Pam in the Dallas airport once on our way back from a Cowboys/Falcons game years ago. She was pretty cool but looked way different in person, to me at least.

RashanGary
01-05-2021, 11:31 AM
Lots of commentary on Twitter about slurred speech. Not a lot about slurred speech prior to yesterday. I didn't notice but that seems to indicate something at least.

Do you really need Twitter for observation. Use your eyeballs. It’s been all season and I’m pretty sure last year too. It’s called, see things with your eyeballs. You don’t need to cite sources to observe something. Has it come so far that big segments of humanity don’t even trust their eyeballs? Imagine the shit I could sell you if I had influence on Twitter. Any supposed reliable source overrides your damn eyeballs. You can be fed anything

The Shadow
01-05-2021, 10:06 PM
Just get rid of her.