PDA

View Full Version : Official How Will Packers Do In The Playoffs Thread?

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 11:46 PM
Packers are #1 Seed. Will it be like 1996, 2011, or something in between?

Poll to follow.

Joemailman
01-03-2021, 11:51 PM
Would not have voted Lombardi Trophy 6 weeks ago, but defense is real. Not elite, but good enough.

Jaire
01-04-2021, 12:00 AM
The Bucs are the only team that give me concern.

We have a good chance playing the Rams first.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-04-2021, 12:04 AM
The Bucs are the only team that give me concern.

We have a good chance playing the Rams first.

Hi Prof Rand. Wist is getting wally crazy, ain’t he? :)

th87
01-04-2021, 02:50 AM
Terrified of the Bucs. Bowles has Rodgers' number; Brady is looking elite and AB is starting to come around. Plus the bye week could have us rusty.

jklowan
01-04-2021, 08:33 AM
Saw the revised Brackets this morning the Packers will face the winner of the Bucs/Washington game, so the Bucs could be our 1st opponent.

Teamcheez1
01-04-2021, 08:38 AM
Saw the revised Brackets this morning the Packers will face the winner of the Bucs/Washington game, so the Bucs could be our 1st opponent.

No. The Packers face the lowest seeded team that wins this weekend. Seeds only matter for wild card weekend.

Sparkey
01-04-2021, 09:26 AM
Offense, pts per game, best in the NFL
Defense, yards per game, number 9
Special Teams, really really mediocre

If ST's can avoid major mistakes, if should be another Superb Owl.

Sparkey
01-04-2021, 09:29 AM
No. The Packers face the lowest seeded team that wins this weekend. Seeds only matter for wild card weekend. I don't see the Bears or Rams winning so more than like the Bucs,WFT winner.

HarveyWallbangers
01-04-2021, 10:59 AM
I don't see the Bears or Rams winning so more than like the Bucs,WFT winner.

I don't see the Bears winning. However, the Bears did take the Saints to OT earlier this year with Foles at QB. Brees doesn't look all that great. With a lot of breaks I could see the Bears with an upset.

The Rams and Seahawks is always a coin flip.

I'd say it's 50/50 that we play the Buccaneers. The Buccaneers still have to beat Washington. Washington did go like 5-1 with Alex Smith instead of Dwayne Haskins as the starter. The Redskins pass rush could give Tom Brady some problems.

Tony Oday
01-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Pack lose in the 1st game

George Cumby
01-04-2021, 12:10 PM
Pack makes the Owl but lose to the resurgent Buffalo Bills.

jklowan
01-04-2021, 12:28 PM
Pack makes the Owl but lose to the resurgent Buffalo Bills.

This is my pick for the Superbowl as well, hope it turns out different on the score but I think I agree

MadtownPacker
01-04-2021, 12:42 PM
Young lion (Allen) versus old lion (Rodgers) would be most excellent. I already made my call a few weeks ago, Super Bowl WIN or bust!

texaspackerbacker
01-04-2021, 12:54 PM
We should be the favorite against anybody in the NFC. We'll be the underdog in the Super Bowl if it's against K.C. maybe even with Buffalo. I would expect the Packers to win even there, though, based on intangibles.

Freak Out
01-04-2021, 01:02 PM
I think the team is prepared for just about anything now. Doubtful they blow anyone out but hell...I thought the Titans would keep it close.

GB-Brandon
01-04-2021, 03:59 PM
Aaron Rodgers having a historic season and playing maybe his best ball ever(rivaling 2011). The Defense finally playing a top 10 or near top 10 brand of football. A bye with two potential home games to reach the Super Bowl Bowl!!!

It’s pretty simple. If they can do the basics and cover punts and play decent special teams and guys like MVS can catch easy TD passes they should advance to the Super Bowl. At that point it’s a one game situation for all the marbles and that’s all you can ask for. With the Rams having a melt down at the QB position I have the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Based on how I see matchups I believe it would be more advantageous to play the Chiefs instead of the Bills but both are winnable games in a “1 Game Scenario.”

RashanGary
01-04-2021, 04:43 PM
Listening to lafleur, he sounds happy about the bye week. Said a bunch of guys are going to benefit from a week off from having to play a full speed football game. It's so damn exciting to get this bye week. Especially with a guy like Lafleur who invests so.much in recovery. Its just the ideal scenario. I bet on the Packers to win sb last week at +500 and id love so much to finish off a really strong gambling season with the Packers bringing home another Lombardi and insuring I finish doubled up

RashanGary
01-04-2021, 05:15 PM
The extra week gives the OL a chance to gel in practice too. Just such a lucky break to get the bye!

Upnorth
01-05-2021, 12:30 PM
I am more concerned with saints and bucs than bills or chiefs. Bucs and Saints have great depth and are probably the best d's in the league.
I think if we make the sb we win the sb.

Tony Oday
01-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Bucs are trash, the Pack will crush them

RashanGary
01-05-2021, 01:32 PM

Eek, do you remember that game. This whole forum insisted the Packers were a clown show after that. No doubts in the insistence either. Absolutely certain clown show.

texaspackerbacker
01-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Except for you and me - and I'm not sure about you.

Jaire
01-06-2021, 09:37 AM

I'm coming around to this view. At least to the view GB should be favored agains the Bucs dream team. GB has the best record against playoff teams in the NFC (4-2). The Bucs? 1-5: was that one victory a fluke game for both teams?

The Bucs (with AB now too) seem to be getting hot. The key word: "seem."

Packers finish with only the second top ten D in Rodgers' career (Compare Favre, Manning, the "GOAT": ridiculous). This is a lot like 2010 without all those injuries. Even former players feeling the momentum. Gary and Savage picking up the game. Barnes such a key find. King gonna silence the critics. A very healthy (except Bakh) squad. Snacks was a killer pick up: I don't think this forum appreciate how good a player he is and he saved himself for a playoff run, who may be more key to the playoffs than #1LT. Snacks is hungry..

If Rashan Gary (the poster) is correct and Pettine has been using the year to develop this very very young defense, I expect him to let the dogs loose in the playoffs: a bit more what we saw at the beginning of year one.

Anyone besides me think this is a better squad than 2014?

Jaire
01-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Interesting to compare the rosters and numbers in 2010, 2014, and 2020. The point differential is within 10 for all three years: uncanny.

One clear advantage in 2020 is the TE room. But these teams are remarkably close. Different but close. I thought the 2014 squad was top ten defense. Guess not, but they did play like it down the stretch. (Still amazing that this is Rodgers' 2nd year ever with a top ten D. 2009 was close but was a MASH unit in the playoffs especially after losing Al Harris.)

It will be a fun playoffs for sure.

George Cumby
01-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Anyone besides me think this is a better squad than 2014?

If nothing else, I think we have a better coach.

Jaire
01-06-2021, 11:30 AM
Just saw Vic Ketchman's thoughts. He also doesn't think anyone will really challenge the Pack in the Tundra. They are not a Coughlin coached Giants team. Some may not like him on this forum, but I regard him as the best prognosticator for years. His overall assessment is usually right. This team has not yet peaked: what I see.

So, who will emerge as the playoff star. We had Jordy, Shields, Tramon & Starks in 2010. So many this year to pick from tbh.

Jaire
01-06-2021, 11:32 AM
If nothing else, I think we have a better coach.
True that!!!

Only reason we didn't win a Super Bowl. And very good point. I don't see a possibility of a repeat meltdown.

Jaire
01-06-2021, 11:56 AM
The last "cold" weather game Tampa played was Dec 3, 2017. 43 degrees at Lambeau.

RashanGary
01-06-2021, 01:00 PM
The last "cold" weather game Tampa played was Dec 3, 2017. 43 degrees at Lambeau.

Their QB plays well on wind and cold, but yes, we gave the advantage imo too!

RashanGary
01-06-2021, 01:01 PM
Just saw Vic Ketchman's thoughts. He also doesn't think anyone will really challenge the Pack in the Tundra. They are not a Coughlin coached Giants team. Some may not like him on this forum, but I regard him as the best prognosticator for years. His overall assessment is usually right. This team has not yet peaked: what I see.

So, who will emerge as the playoff star. We had Jordy, Shields, Tramon & Starks in 2010. So many this year to pick from tbh.

Where the hell you find crusty vic now a days. Loved his style at packers.com

MadtownPacker
01-06-2021, 06:48 PM
https://i1.wp.com/teeqq.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com/2020/03/rATK8TaCKKSnqgSVfS64bCVRgD8n5SptD82kCgzrbVrD5dyqC5 _l68m501nky4h-2.png
Dafney for the win, maybe even saves the day versus Tampa and takes out suh.

George Cumby
01-06-2021, 08:16 PM

I, for one, really like ol' Vic.

Jaire
01-06-2021, 08:58 PM
Where the hell you find crusty vic now a days. Loved his style at packers.com

He never stopped. Just 2 or 3 days a week now.

https://www.askvic.us

RashanGary
01-07-2021, 02:20 PM
Except for you and me - and I'm not sure about you.

I stayed the course. I said it was 93 and humid and our guys bodies didn't seem to respond as well to the unusual heat that they never see.

Joemailman
01-08-2021, 10:46 AM
Just a bump to remind people that the poll closes tonight at 11:49 PM.

bobblehead
01-08-2021, 11:07 AM
The extra week gives the OL a chance to gel in practice too. Just such a lucky break to get the bye!

Luck had nothing to do with it. Basically I don't see any reason we can't win it all so that is what I went with. That being said, if its packers vs. Bills or Chefs in the Owl, then the line will be -2 1/2 for the AFC.

But, as I was more optimistic than many early on, I'm a realist. As Brandon said "in a one game scenario" we could disappoint as well. The Packers are the best team in the NFC and right there with the Chefs and Bills. BUT, any team in the NFC playoffs can emerge. Sure, its unlikely the WFT gets there, but I won't rule anyone out in this crazy season.

All things aside, GO PACK!!! No reason it shouldn't be us. They have done the only thing they can. Put themselves in a position to compete for it.

bobblehead
01-08-2021, 11:08 AM
Eek, do you remember that game. This whole forum insisted the Packers were a clown show after that. No doubts in the insistence either. Absolutely certain clown show.

WHOLE forum? I believe my take at the time was that if Rodgers didn't take that huge shot in the endzone we walk all over them. He threw a pick 6 on the ensuing possession and another pick (nearly pick 6) the one after that. Then the team was playing on their heels the rest of the way.

bobblehead
01-08-2021, 11:21 AM

I like the Tundra factor finally. We lost the edge with fat Mike. Watch Flower be pumped up and screaming at the team that we don't lose in this weather. Soldiers take their cue from the Generals. If the General looks like he would rather be inside by the heater the team feels the same way. The last several years tubby looked miserable whenever the weather turned.

Fosco33
01-08-2021, 11:23 AM
Hard to predict - but I think at least make the Bowl.

Depending on matchup (ie - Not Chiefs) - I see a ring.

I went with Lombardi because, of course, I promised myself I’d spend the $ to go to the game. So of course - that ain’t happening.

Spaulding
01-08-2021, 12:43 PM
Went with lose in the NFC title game - hope I'm wrong. With the recent ability to stop the run it's a game changer though and I wouldn't be surprised to seem the Packers win it all. I'm just fearful of a glaring mistake that seems to be the Packers MO in the playoffs since the 2011 title run. Be a botched onsides, a critical turnover or MVS dropping another sure TD I just feel the margin for error is so slim that we lose in the title game against the Saints who are a complete team if Bree's proves healthy.

Love the signing of Harrison though. With the recent play of Clark and Savage elevating their game and Jaire his usual stellar self, with any semblance of a pass rush this team can can compete with anyone given Rodgers level of play.

I have a hope or suspicion that Dillon will shine in these playoffs like he did a few weeks ago and with even a small lead the Packers will be able to grind their way to winning it all if having any type of lead late in the game.

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2021, 12:58 PM
I think we are rightfully favored, but with all that's happened since 2010 it's hard to be overly optimistic. Almost every playoff games is a 50/50 game, so our odds of getting to the Super Bowl are probably a bit better than 25%. I'd feel better if there was an upset this weekend and the Saints or Seahawks beat the Buccaneers. Hard to fill overly confident against Tampa Bay after what happened earlier this year. We seem to win most games vs. the Saints and Seahawks in Lambeau.

Spaulding
01-08-2021, 01:04 PM
I think we are rightfully favored, but with all that's happened since 2010 it's hard to be overly optimistic. Almost every playoff games is a 50/50 game, so our odds of getting to the Super Bowl are probably a bit better than 25%. I'd feel better if there was an upset this weekend and the Saints or Seahawks beat the Buccaneers. Hard to fill overly confident against Tampa Bay after what happened earlier this year. We seem to win most games vs. the Saints and Seahawks in Lambeau.

Although the Bucs seem to be peaking at the right time, there have been plenty of their poor games (after their whipping of the Packers) for Matt and company to come up with a better game play. Aaron's implosion and trying to run wide against their fast ILB's led to a dismal game after our first two quick scores. I don't foresee that happening again, especially Rodgers playing at a level not seen since 2011 playoff run.

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2021, 01:56 PM
The addition of Antonio Brown and Gronk getting in shape makes them scary. However, their four game winning steak came against poor teams (Minnesota is decent, but Bailey basically gave that game away). That followed a 2-3 stretch where they lost to three good teams, beat Carolina, and barely beat a bad Giants team. Not sure what to make of them, but I'd like to avoid them if we can. On one hand, it would be nice to beat Brady. On the other hand, Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls, and he's playing well. I do think a good defense can stymie Brady. In 6 games against playoff teams this year Brady has 9 TDs and 10 interceptions (31-3 against non-playoff teams).

texaspackerbacker
01-08-2021, 02:30 PM
The Packers biggest problem in the NFC could be complacency. Having gotten their asses handed to them by Tampa should be enough to take away any complacency against them. It could work the other way if/when we play New Orleans, but I think coach and player leadership and Lambeau conditions will help us knock off the Saints.

We won't be underdogs until the Super Bowl, and only then if the Chiefs are the opponent - and somehow, I have the faith that we'll beat them too.

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2021, 02:57 PM
Nobody is going to be complacent playing against TB, NO, or GB. Complacency might set in for a team playing WAS or CHI.

scharpcheddar
01-11-2021, 06:40 PM
sorry, but just like the last 10 years. theyll lose

RashanGary
01-11-2021, 11:49 PM
sorry, but just like the last 10 years. theyll lose

Probably. But maybe not. You don't know shit.

scharpcheddar
01-12-2021, 12:52 AM
Probably. But maybe not. You don't know shit.

I know more than people who think they are watching a natural occurance. It's an absolute guarantee that the league already decided who wins.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2021, 02:01 AM
Hey aren’t you the guy who picked the miners to win it all last season?

George Cumby
01-12-2021, 12:19 PM
Hey aren’t you the guy who picked the miners to win it all last season?

IIRC that was Brandon.

George Cumby
01-12-2021, 12:19 PM
I know more than people who think they are watching a natural occurance. It's an absolute guarantee that the league already decided who wins.

No.

scharpcheddar
01-12-2021, 12:43 PM
No.

Lol

Tough marbles ..it's simply the way it is.

George Cumby
01-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Lol

Tough marbles ..it's simply the way it is.

Whatever you say, Nostradamus.

RashanGary
01-12-2021, 07:09 PM

You'll never find a more certain person of the league being rigged. But how it's rigged is hard to peg. If the refs hate us and we lose, I'll check your box for maybe having a better read on the rigging than I. But I'm doubtful that you can call how it's rigged. I've yet to figure it out. Mostly I think they fuck gsmblers but there is more.

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 01:29 PM
You'll never find a more certain person of the league being rigged. But how it's rigged is hard to peg. If the refs hate us and we lose, I'll check your box for maybe having a better read on the rigging than I. But I'm doubtful that you can call how it's rigged. I've yet to figure it out. Mostly I think they fuck gsmblers but there is more.

Hate the Packers? Who has more championships?
Who keeps making playoffs with only a gap in the 70s?
Oldest franchise. The Key is the G on the helmet.
Like the Mason's symbol

hoosier
01-14-2021, 02:11 PM
Luck had nothing to do with it. Basically I don't see any reason we can't win it all so that is what I went with. That being said, if its packers vs. Bills or Chefs in the Owl, then the line will be -2 1/2 for the AFC.

But, as I was more optimistic than many early on, I'm a realist. As Brandon said "in a one game scenario" we could disappoint as well. The Packers are the best team in the NFC and right there with the Chefs and Bills. BUT, any team in the NFC playoffs can emerge. Sure, its unlikely the WFT gets there, but I won't rule anyone out in this crazy season.

All things aside, GO PACK!!! No reason it shouldn't be us. They have done the only thing they can. Put themselves in a position to compete for it.

Why can't you talk this kind of sense in the other forum??? :)

gbgary
01-14-2021, 03:41 PM
i don't want to be part of any jinx. i'll just say it's really up them how far they go. hopefully a Lombardy. they have as good a chance as any, and better than most...but falling short wouldn't surprise me at all as disappointing as that would be. let's get number 14!

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 07:26 PM
Massive J and Tony Oday have been officially eliminated. :pack::glug::pack:

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 07:33 PM

I cannot wait to be eliminated.

Zool
01-16-2021, 07:35 PM

Do their families know?

Joemailman
01-24-2021, 06:51 PM
Congratulations to Bretsky and Spaulding. Assholes.

Bretsky
01-24-2021, 06:57 PM
Congratulations to Bretsky and Spaulding. Assholes.

Barry Sanders; I'm not spiking the ball cause I'm used to it :)))) lol