PDA

View Full Version : Which NFC team would you least like the Packers to play and why?

Spaulding
01-08-2021, 02:50 PM
All the discussion on predicting the Packers success in the playoffs got me to thinking of ranking the fellow NFC teams from most worried to least worried on the Packers playing them.

My two cents is the following:

Saints - a healthy Brees along with best back in the league (Kamara) and a strong receiver core (if Thomas is healthy) is a big threat to our defense as multi-dimensional backs seem to give us fits. Add to that the Saints having a top 5 defense and it will likely take a mistake free game for the Packers to prevail.

In order I'd say the following:

1) Saints
2) Bucs
3) Seahawks
4) Rams
5) Washington
6) Bears

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2021, 02:58 PM
Where are the Bears? If Washington is on here, shouldn’t the Bears?

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2021, 02:59 PM
Bucs
Saints
Rams
Seahawks
Redskins
Bears

Upnorth
01-08-2021, 03:01 PM
I think the Saints will be hardest to beat. I'd least like to play the bucs as that means we can't eliminate the bears.

Spaulding
01-08-2021, 03:10 PM
Bucs
Saints
Rams
Seahawks
Redskins
Bears

Excellent point. Guess I just mentally discounted the Bears and forgot to include them in the poll. Will correct now though :)

Spaulding
01-08-2021, 03:14 PM
I unfortunately don't see a way to correct the poll. Can an admin help me out and include the Bears? If not I'll delete the thread and start it with a correct list if there are some out there fearful of the Bears :)

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2021, 04:30 PM
It’s okay. Nobody is going to vote for them. :) Or Washington.

RashanGary
01-08-2021, 04:38 PM
Bucs
Rams
Saints
Seahawks
Bears
Football Team

Joemailman
01-08-2021, 07:01 PM
Rams
Seahawks
Bucs
Saints
FT
Bears

MadtownPacker
01-08-2021, 10:25 PM
I unfortunately don't see a way to correct the poll. Can an admin help me out and include the Bears? If not I'll delete the thread and start it with a correct list if there are some out there fearful of the Bears :)added

bobblehead
01-09-2021, 09:53 AM
The poll was fine without the bears :) That being said, that Rams D scares me.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2021, 10:29 AM
The only MFer to get in Rodgers head this season was scumbag suh. I doubt we would see a repeat of the regular season game but bucs would be the one.

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2021, 04:13 PM
The Packers should be able to handle any of them, but New Orleans might be the closest thing to a problem. We beat them, so there might be an overconfidence factor. Also, they will have Thomas - who they did not have the first time we beat them.

Zool
01-09-2021, 05:13 PM
Rams - Dline
Bucs - LBs and Dline
Seahawks - Russ and any given Sunday rule
Saint - Dline
Washington - Dline
Bears - losing to the Bears in the playoffs would be brutal

RashanGary
01-09-2021, 06:09 PM
Rams might be worst but without Donald, that’s ideal

RashanGary
01-09-2021, 06:13 PM
Rams look like a horrible matchup if they have Donald

RashanGary
01-09-2021, 06:25 PM
I have locked wild card thread. Hmmmm.

Joemailman
01-09-2021, 06:29 PM
I have locked wild card thread. Hmmmm.

I PM'd Mad.

smuggler
01-09-2021, 06:34 PM
I mistakenly voted Redtails. I meant to vote Saints.

RashanGary
01-09-2021, 06:38 PM
Donaldless rams is ideal. I had a rib at my sons MMA gym and it knocked me out for a good 3-4 weeks. But this is Aaron Donald, not the great, redneck “bob”

texaspackerbacker
01-09-2021, 06:55 PM
Alex Smith will be inactive for Washington, so that makes a Tampa game in Lambeau strongly likely.

Joemailman
01-09-2021, 07:20 PM
Alex Smith will be inactive for Washington, so that makes a Tampa game in Lambeau strongly likely.

Packers will play Rams unless Bears win.

Jaire
01-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Bucs is the only good match up. If they make it past Washington no names and N.O.

I don't think even a healthy Saints can play well in Lambeau. No one else scares me tbh. Even a healthy Rams team

HarveyWallbangers
01-09-2021, 09:10 PM
I kind of want to play Brady in the NFC Championship. Gotta get past the Rams first.

Fritz
01-10-2021, 08:22 AM
I kind of want to play Brady in the NFC Championship. Gotta get past the Rams first.

Unfortunately the Rams will highlight the loss of Bakhtiari. I hope Billy Turner and Lucas Patrick are taking lots of extra reps this week, and Wagner is praying to Reggie White's god.

I wonder who will play QB for the Rams? Either way, now more than ever it will be key to stop the Rams' ground game. Hope Snacks is studying hard.

RashanGary
01-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Donald got his injury the same way I got my rib. Weight falling directly on the ribs. Stretched out the muscles. I was 39 when I got mine. Him 28 or whatever he is. I could have played hard after 5 weeks. Donald might be able to play with a weeks rest and the best nutrition and sleep. I would throw punches into his ribs though to make sure he’s 100 before letting him wreck a game. Those muscles that hold the ribs together are serious business. Hurts to move or breath.

Spaulding
01-11-2021, 07:55 AM
Rams defense looked dominant. Between the strong pass rush and blanket like corner play, could be a long day for Rodgers given he's nimble but not Wilson nimble and Russ still got hounded all day.

I do like our defense matching up with the Rams offense though. Jaire will take down Woods and Kupp and company don't generate much of a deep threat will is likely why their offense struggled as of late with compressed fields. If the Pack can stop the run (seems to always be a playoff theme) and force a recovering Goff to beat them I like our chances.

scharpcheddar
01-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Lol at picking the Bucs.
Host teams don't go to SB

Spaulding
01-13-2021, 09:49 AM
Surprised only two votes for the Saints given they are now rolling out a healthy Brees and Thomas to go with wonderkid Kamara and their excellent defense. I think we'll be seeing them in the NFC championship game.

I also still chuckle that they traded up with the Packers to draft that high measureable Marcus Davenport whose been a stiff for them. Lucky for us as in 2018 Gute scored Jaire late in the 1st round as well as getting an extra 1st the following year for dropping back (albeit we gave up our 3rd that year to move and swapped later picks). Seems like grand theft now :)

Can't imagine this defense without Jaire right now.