PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Rams Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-10-2021, 08:17 PM
Teams have met twice in the playoffs. On December 23, 1967 Packers beat Los Angeles Rams 28-7 in divisional Round. On January 20, 2002 Packers lost to the St. Louis Rams 45-17.

Lifetime Rams lead series 47-46-2.

Joemailman
01-10-2021, 08:27 PM
Rams say Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp both expected to play Saturday. X-rays on Donald's ribs were negative. MRI scheduled for Monday.

Bossman641
01-10-2021, 09:37 PM
I had almost forgotten about that 2002 playoff loss. Favre threw like 4 picks and a few pick sixes?

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2021, 10:09 PM
I had almost forgotten about that 2002 playoff loss. Favre threw like 4 picks and a few pick sixes?

He threw 6 interceptions. To be fair that was the game where most of our receivers were injured.

Joemailman
01-10-2021, 10:14 PM
Packers opening as 7 point favorites.

Freak Out
01-10-2021, 10:43 PM
Ram D is legit #1. Arod and the offensive brain-trust have some work to do. No drops or turnovers and they win.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-10-2021, 10:59 PM
Fuck!!!! Game’s on Saturday!!!! Fuck the NFL!!!!

No respect for hard-working overnight burger flippers. We, too, need our beauty sleep.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-10-2021, 11:21 PM
Ram D is legit #1. Arod and the offensive brain-trust have some work to do. No drops or turnovers and they win.

I’d be willing to bet my minimum-wage paycheck that we will see Ramsey shadow 17 all day. This could be the game where Harrell finally says, “I erred. The Notorious T.E.D. - Tank Elf Duke - is correctio. Packers shoulda drafted DK Metcalf.”

Anti-Polar Bear
01-10-2021, 11:23 PM
Packers opening as 7 point favorites.

Love your avatar of Ole Cletidus CLARK.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-10-2021, 11:51 PM
He threw 6 interceptions. To be fair that was the game where most of our receivers were injured.

Negative. The WRs were fine. The Packers’ preferred S,E,X,Y all played. Freeman, Schroeder, Driver, Bradford.

According to pbmax, that Sheboygan thug, Schroeder, was the main culprit for the 6 picks. Wasn’t where he was supposed to be time and time again, causing alotta picks. After the third pick, which was another Schroeder fuck up, Favre was like, fuck it - Imma gunsling til the sun sets in the east.

Game turned out to be Schroeder and Freeman’s last as starters in the Green and Gold. Sherman ingeniously replaced them with Terry Glenn and J-Walk.

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2021, 12:37 AM
Love your avatar of Ole Cletidus CLARK.

Ain't that Fat Albert - the Cosby kid wearing a Clark jersey? Probably before most of ya'all's time.

Zool
01-11-2021, 12:49 AM

I call that, the last game I enjoyed watching Favre. Packers WR injuries does not mean start throwing to the other last 2 picks were straight up “fuck it” throws.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2021, 01:00 AM
Boxscore shows he threw 3 pick 6s in that game. Don’t remember that.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-11-2021, 01:01 AM
Ain't that Fat Albert - the Cosby kid wearing a Clark jersey? Probably before most of ya'all's time.

I think Prof Rand initially created the pic back in the days when we all were, to borrow Of Monsters and Men, “full of life and full of love” to mock Ole Cletidus Hunt.

Hunt became a fat milksop after he got paid, according to the Sherman-Haters. Kinda like Clark today.

Btw, if you love Coldplay like I do, check out Of Monsters and Men on the YouTube!

Zool
01-11-2021, 07:34 AM
Boxscore shows he threw 3 pick 6s in that game. Don’t remember that.

He definitely threw 6

Fritz
01-11-2021, 07:56 AM
I’d be willing to bet my minimum-wage paycheck that we will see Ramsey shadow 17 all day. This could be the game where Harrell finally says, “I erred. The Notorious T.E.D. - Tank Elf Duke - is correctio. Packers shoulda drafted DK Metcalf.”

Except that I'd rather have Elgton Jenkins keeping Rodgers upright than Metcalf fuming on the sidelines because Jalen Ramsey is covering him like a blanket.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-11-2021, 08:35 AM
Except that I'd rather have Elgton Jenkins keeping Rodgers upright than Metcalf fuming on the sidelines because Jalen Ramsey is covering him like a blanket.

If Metcalf and Adams were teammates and the Rams decided to put Ramsey on an island with Metcalf instead of Adams, then great.

Point being, if Ramsey manages to shut down Adams, MVS, Lizard, St. Paul, et al. are gonna need step up. This game’s the thing wherein we’ll catch the competence (or incompetence) of the German Shepherd (Gutekunst).

Bossman641
01-11-2021, 08:57 AM
He definitely threw 6

Three pick sixes. In one game, that is absurd.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 09:38 AM
The 7 points is ridiculous!!! The Rams have a defense that can pack up and go play anywhere and anytime and under any conditions.

This is certainly the situation where some of the Packers personnel choices on offense could come back to bite them hard!!!

Tony Oday
01-11-2021, 09:38 AM
This is a game that we should have no problem winning. A QB that can barely throw. A defense that can shut down one WR at a time. Should win this by 24 but this is the Packers we lose 17-24

Bossman641
01-11-2021, 09:43 AM
Rams have looked good at times and then quite awful at times. D need to shut down their running game and Rodgers and the O can't have any dumb turnovers. The Ram D can singlehandedly win a game.

call_me_ishmael
01-11-2021, 09:46 AM
This actually seems like one of the tougher match-ups because they are very good at one thing vs other teams that are pretty good at several things. I'm nervous about this game but I guess to win the big one you're gonna have to beat some good teams. IIRC Brandon was on the Rams train early this year so good call on that.

Joemailman
01-11-2021, 10:05 AM
The 7 points is ridiculous!!! The Rams have a defense that can pack up and go play anywhere and anytime and under any conditions.

This is certainly the situation where some of the Packers personnel choices on offense could come back to bite them hard!!!

I would expect that line to change if it appears Donald and Kupp are going to be okay.

CaptainKickass
01-11-2021, 10:17 AM
Rams kicker is Gay.

On November 17, 2020, Gay was signed off the Colts' practice squad by the Los Angeles Rams to replace injured kicker Kai Forbath

Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2020
Field goals made: 41
Field goals attempted: 51
Field goal %: 80.4
Longest field goal: 58
Touchbacks: 28

Packers4Glory
01-11-2021, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Joemailman;1081296. On January 20, 2002 Packers lost to the St. Louis Rams 45-17.

.[/QUOTE]
i watched that game in Frankfort Germany on my way to afghanistan...blah. good thing the beer was great.

SudsMcBucky
01-11-2021, 10:44 AM
I am just not that afraid of the Rams. I can tell you, I'd much rather be playing them rather than Tampa. Yes, the Rams D is phenomenal, especially if Donald is healthy. But their O is nothing that worries me at all. I'm thinking at Lambeau, the Pack and Rodgers will win this by 10.

George Cumby
01-11-2021, 11:14 AM
I am just not that afraid of the Rams. I can tell you, I'd much rather be playing them rather than Tampa. Yes, the Rams D is phenomenal, especially if Donald is healthy. But their O is nothing that worries me at all. I'm thinking at Lambeau, the Pack and Rodgers will win this by 10.

Agree.

Their D is really stout.

Goff is really not stout. He's a Cutleresque bitch and can be had.

George Cumby
01-11-2021, 11:17 AM
i watched that game in Frankfort Germany on my way to afghanistan...blah. good thing the beer was great.

I was dating a soul-destroying hot blonde from Newport Beach at the time.

Watching that game in her apartment was almost as soul-destroying.

run pMc
01-11-2021, 12:10 PM
If Wolford starts, I'm not worried about their O much. If Goff starts, he's got 3 pins in his thumb and while he'll be a few weeks from surgery, I have to think it will be hard for him to grip and rip the ball well in the cold weather with those 9" hands. Goff has not been historically good in cold weather OR in playoff games in general. Z is pretty good at forcing fumbles, and Goff gets rattled if pressured, so if the DL can make him uncomfortable that should provide opportunities to turn the ball over. I expect a heavy dose of Cam Akers and play action, so they will need to stop the run. Basically this is a lot like the CHI game -- stop the run and make the QB beat you. If the defense plays sound they can do enough to stop/slow them down.

The Rams D is good, but it's not like GB hasn't faced any good defenses this year. Indy and CHI are no slouches. As long as they take care of the football they'll be fine. I wonder if we see a dose of AJ Dillon here...if he's not a cold weather back then IDK why you have him. I think the GB OL is much better than SEA's and the game in the trenches will be interesting. Ramsey on Adams is expected, I think it will be a good matchup where each have their moments. I assume the coaches will scheme some ways to get Adams the ball, but otherwise this will be where Tonyan and Lazard and Aaron Jones have to step up.

I expect a close game, but I think GB is a slightly better and much healthier team. They should win this one, and I think home field will be a slight advantage.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:03 PM
If Wolford starts, I'm not worried about their O much. If Goff starts, he's got 3 pins in his thumb and while he'll be a few weeks from surgery, I have to think it will be hard for him to grip and rip the ball well in the cold weather with those 9" hands. Goff has not been historically good in cold weather OR in playoff games in general. Z is pretty good at forcing fumbles, and Goff gets rattled if pressured, so if the DL can make him uncomfortable that should provide opportunities to turn the ball over. I expect a heavy dose of Cam Akers and play action, so they will need to stop the run. Basically this is a lot like the CHI game -- stop the run and make the QB beat you. If the defense plays sound they can do enough to stop/slow them down.

The Rams D is good, but it's not like GB hasn't faced any good defenses this year. Indy and CHI are no slouches. As long as they take care of the football they'll be fine. I wonder if we see a dose of AJ Dillon here...if he's not a cold weather back then IDK why you have him. I think the GB OL is much better than SEA's and the game in the trenches will be interesting. Ramsey on Adams is expected, I think it will be a good matchup where each have their moments. I assume the coaches will scheme some ways to get Adams the ball, but otherwise this will be where Tonyan and Lazard and Aaron Jones have to step up.

I expect a close game, but I think GB is a slightly better and much healthier team. They should win this one, and I think home field will be a slight advantage.

They are different then Chi or Indy on D so I believe your optimism is somewhat false. They have arguably the best shut down corner in the game. They also get great FS play and good corner play opposite Ramsey in Hill which makes it very challenging when they are clicking on all cylinders. This will be the best back end we have faced no doubt!!!

They have speed in the middle of the defense. You have to remember this defense was built to play and beat similar offense’s as ours. Are we going to be able to stop their pressure without Bakh? The bottom line is if we can’t get our run game going it could be very tough sledding and in a “Defensive Battle” at Lambeau this could favor the Rams. Then it would come down to us hopefully winning a turnover battle and hoping Goff has a bad game.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:16 PM
They are going to attempt to neutralize our run game and take Devante out of the game and make our “Other Guys” beat them. They have the pieces to do this!!!! The deal is their “Other Guys” are better then “Our Other Guys” on paper!!! Wish Gute would of fortified a certain position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodgers > Goff is our Big Hope as always!!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:22 PM
Glad we have that QB locked up on the non-active roster while we’re in the midst of a Super Bowl run missing a key Fucken piece!!!!!

RashanGary
01-11-2021, 01:23 PM
I believe Donald is hurt pretty bad. Looks like the same injury I had to the involuntary rib muscles that control breathing. Hit him hard in there early to make sure he's healed before just letting him wreck a game.

Us having MVS to stretch the field and then Tonyan and Lizard to work the middle on top of our upper tier run game gives us the best offense in the league with Adams being the go to. We can attack all areas and run. We have a shot being best vs best. Our defense has a shot to be better too. So we can win this or any game with some of our usual levels of execution.

Tough match but doable.

RashanGary
01-11-2021, 01:25 PM
I like lizard, tonyan and the running backs to bad weather win for us. I like our trenches being healed and healthy too.

RashanGary
01-11-2021, 01:26 PM
And if we get through this one, I like the extra days rest from Saturday to Sunday to be a minor edge in the nfcc game.

Tony Oday
01-11-2021, 01:26 PM
I will take, Big Bob, King Lizard, Drillbit Dillon and 50% MVS over the Rams.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:27 PM
What kind of RV should I get my wife?

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:28 PM
I believe Donald is hurt pretty bad. Looks like the same injury I had to the involuntary rib muscles that control breathing. Hit him hard in there early to make sure he's healed before just letting him wreck a game.

Us having MVS to stretch the field and then Tonyan and Lizard to work the middle on top of our upper tier run game gives us the best offense in the league with Adams being the go to. We can attack all areas and run. We have a shot being best vs best. Our defense has a shot to be better too. So we can win this or any game with some of our usual levels of execution.

Tough match but doable.

Donald has “Bruised Ribs”. He will be fine. They will give him the needle and he won’t feel a thing.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:29 PM
I will take, Big Bob, King Lizard, Drillbit Dillon and 50% MVS over the Rams.

Once again all I’m saying is “On Paper” per PFF the Rams are favored in those matchups.

Joemailman
01-11-2021, 01:30 PM
What kind of RV should I get my wife?

This one.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/61/3a/15613acc329ae5e2e761f08f3ace645f.jpg

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:32 PM
We’re gonna need “Bad Goff” to show up to win this game.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:32 PM
This one.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/15/61/3a/15613acc329ae5e2e761f08f3ace645f.jpg

Like it!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:34 PM
The Rams go as Goff goes . I’ve been watching them all season. Their D is obviously legit!!

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:39 PM
We have to get pressure on Goff. That’s it!!!! He absolutely crumbles under any pressure. If we let him sit back there we’re fucked.

Pettine needs to get it done!!

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:48 PM
Keys to Victory!!!

1. No Turnovers
2. Establish Run Game
3. Get Pressure on Goff
4. Play Good Special Teams
5 CATCH THE FUCKEN BALL!!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 01:51 PM
We’re still taking about someone “Catching The Ball”

Unreal!!!

Tony Oday
01-11-2021, 02:01 PM
Once again all I’m saying is “On Paper” per PFF the Rams are favored in those matchups.

No chance they match up with Big Bob, dude is a legit TE that wrecks teams.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2021, 02:10 PM
If Wolford starts, I'm not worried about their O much. If Goff starts

I'm more worried about Wolford and his running ability. I want Goff.

We're going to need to run the ball a bit. If the Rams handle Jones early, we may have to bring out the power back in Dillon. I think Lazard and Tonyan will need to have good games. Don't turn the ball over and hold our own on special teams.

texaspackerbacker
01-11-2021, 02:36 PM
We'll beat them because good offense, make that great offense beats good, maybe great defense ....... and because Rodgers beats just about anything on anything but a horrible day.

If Goff is bad, we beat them bad. If Goff is good, we still beat them but less bad.

I'm a little worried about our run defense. We can load up and stop a great RB, but when we take the run game lightly, our D can stink against anybody's run game.

Is Wohlford able to play? Last I heard he was in the hospital.

Joemailman
01-11-2021, 02:39 PM

We're going to need to run the ball a bit. If the Rams handle Jones early, we may have to bring out the power back in Dillon. I think Lazard and Tonyan will need to have good games. Don't turn the ball over and hold our own on special teams.

Could be Dillon. Have also seen some games though against good run D where Jamaal Williams with his more physical running style is quite effective.

George Cumby
01-11-2021, 03:14 PM
Weather, guys.

What is weather going to be like?

run pMc
01-11-2021, 03:27 PM
They are different then Chi or Indy on D so I believe your optimism is somewhat false. They have arguably the best shut down corner in the game. They also get great FS play and good corner play opposite Ramsey in Hill which makes it very challenging when they are clicking on all cylinders. This will be the best back end we have faced no doubt!!!

They have speed in the middle of the defense. You have to remember this defense was built to play and beat similar offense’s as ours. Are we going to be able to stop their pressure without Bakh? The bottom line is if we can’t get our run game going it could be very tough sledding and in a “Defensive Battle” at Lambeau this could favor the Rams. Then it would come down to us hopefully winning a turnover battle and hoping Goff has a bad game.

LAR finished the season 4th in DVOA on defense; Indy and CHI were 7th and 8th, respectively. Ramsey is good, but so is Adams; I expect that matchup to basically be a draw. MLF and Hackett have to expect Adams will get a lot of attention, so they will game plan for it. As good as the Rams are defensively, GB is even better offensively if you believe the DVOA numbers. Also, bear in mind the Rams got those numbers playing the NFCE division, which was hardly a juggernaut by way of WAS winning the division with a losing record. Oh, and they lost twice to SF, lost to the Jets and barely beat the Cardinals with Kyler Murray missing most of the game.

I don't think it will be an easy win, and in fact they certainly could lose to the Rams. I just think it will be easier for GB to stop an offense with a hurt Kupp and Goff than it will be for a Rams D to stop a rested GB team at home.

Rodgers >>> Goff in cold weather. Green Bay has to play well, no doubt, and it won't be easy but I expect them to advance.

run pMc
01-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Weather, guys.

What is weather going to be like?

A little early to say right now. Forecast will be clearer by Wed-Thu.

Gotarace
01-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Weather, guys.

What is weather going to be like?Mostly cloudy and a high of 31* Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

run pMc
01-11-2021, 03:38 PM

Wolford is a little guy (6'1", 200) for a QB and got an ambulance ride this weekend -- I'm guessing McVay doesn't want him running around like Russell Wilson. He's a little nervous in the pocket too and I think if he plays will throw a couple of bad balls.

I agree a ground game will be important, and there were times it was there for Seattle; it was almost like they needed to run it more (or more consistently) with the pressure the Rams were getting on Wilson. I wonder if GB will use a lot of screens with their big WRs blocking to get the defense moving horizontal and slow down the rush.

Corey Linsley graded out as the top C in the league and he'll have his hands full with Aaron Donald. Lucas Patrick will get tested as well; hope his injuries are healed and he eats his Wheaties lol.

The RBs will need to have a good day, and Tonyan/Lazard will be needed -- especially on 3rd down.

Spaulding
01-11-2021, 03:50 PM

Ramstein AFB? Weizen or Pils? :)

George Cumby
01-11-2021, 04:00 PM
Mostly cloudy and a high of 31* Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Not bad. It could be worse. Meaning it could be better, by being worse. If you know what I mean.

hoosier
01-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Cumby, you still staying away from the beer? If it was your experience with the soul destroying hottie that drove up your consumption in the first place, Saturday could be an interesting bookend milestone for you :)

RashanGary
01-11-2021, 04:43 PM
I think going big and running will be a big part of what we do.

Dolphins 49ers Jets and seahawks beat the Rams. They didn't score over 20 in any of their losses. I could see ball control with Mercedes/Bob/Lizard/Adams and the RB stable helping to keep the scores down. Rodgers will be big on third down and in the red zone. It's going to come down to experience and cohesion keeping those long drives alive. Our offense is our biggest weapon. But our defense is also coming on.

This is a very tough matchup, as will the next and next. Hopefully the healthy trenches, HOF QB and deep stable of backs give us a cold weather W. I put our chances at about 60% in each of the next two.games. We're more likely to go home than win an Owl but we're here and have a real shot

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 04:45 PM
Not bad. It could be worse. Meaning it could be better, by being worse. If you know what I mean.

I can walk to the stadium. It’s cold but has warmed up a little last couple days. Snow on the ground type stuff.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 04:50 PM
LAR finished the season 4th in DVOA on defense; Indy and CHI were 7th and 8th, respectively. Ramsey is good, but so is Adams; I expect that matchup to basically be a draw. MLF and Hackett have to expect Adams will get a lot of attention, so they will game plan for it. As good as the Rams are defensively, GB is even better offensively if you believe the DVOA numbers. Also, bear in mind the Rams got those numbers playing the NFCE division, which was hardly a juggernaut by way of WAS winning the division with a losing record. Oh, and they lost twice to SF, lost to the Jets and barely beat the Cardinals with Kyler Murray missing most of the game.

I don't think it will be an easy win, and in fact they certainly could lose to the Rams. I just think it will be easier for GB to stop an offense with a hurt Kupp and Goff than it will be for a Rams D to stop a rested GB team at home.

Rodgers >>> Goff in cold weather. Green Bay has to play well, no doubt, and it won't be easy but I expect them to advance.

You can spit DVOA out etc etc all day long. When I match this thing up which is what I do with high stakes there are some red flags. I’m not saying we can’t win this game. What I’m saying is the 7 point spread is ridiculous and if Goff plays at his “Good Level” things could get scary for us. We have to get pressure on Goff. It’s that simple!!!

RashanGary
01-11-2021, 04:53 PM
Offense gonna need to be high paced and clean. All main skill guys are versatile and experienced with their QB. If we win in the red zone and 3rd down, we win and maybe even blow out win. If the D slows goff and 12 is money, it could get away from the Rams. The +7 is so tempting. Could easily see packers cover and kill the bettors.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Troy Hill was able to pretty much shut Tyler Lockett down to two catches that were amazing catches. Tyler Lockett is a pretty good receiver. Are our guys better then Tyler Lockett and gonna be able to beat him? “John Johnson” at free safety is a stud too. They got pressure with four guys against the Seahawks. If they can get pressure against us with four guys it could be a long day. That’s my main concern. This is the worst game to not have Bakh.

GB-Brandon
01-11-2021, 05:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers biggest Kryptonite = A Defense that can get pressure with 4!!!!

Bossman641
01-11-2021, 05:12 PM
We’re gonna need “Bad Goff” to show up to win this game.

I like our chances

KYPack
01-11-2021, 05:14 PM
If Metcalf and Adams were teammates and the Rams decided to put Ramsey on an island with Metcalf instead of Adams, then great.

Point being, if Ramsey manages to shut down Adams, MVS, Lizard, St. Paul, et al. are gonna need step up. This game’s the thing wherein we’ll catch the competence (or incompetence) of the German Shepherd (Gutekunst).

You are one totally confused little bitch.

Metcalf didn't produce a win for Seattle,

"If Metcalf and Adams were teammates and the Rams decided to put Ramsey on an island with Metcalf instead of Adams, then great. "
what does this shit mean?

You only get to draft one guy in the second round. Goot picked a guy who is on the probowl team and been instrumental in helping us to the #1 seed in the NFC. Jenkins has had one of the best seasons of any lineman in the league.

We all know you are all fan-boy gaga over Metcalf. Your 100's of spam posts prove that. Without Jenkins, we don't do squat on the OLine this season.

scharpcheddar
01-11-2021, 05:39 PM
coaches know each other. Cold weather vs number one defense. This game looks like low scoring. which would actually Help Rams

Spaulding
01-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Each opponent going forward is going to be a battle but I would think our chances of winning Saturday are quite good. Nobody would suggest the Ram's defense isn't good but as the Bears have proven annually, you can't expect to the defense to hold if they're always on the field.

The Ram's offense were definitely trending the wrong way the last six weeks of the season (even if you throw out the last game due to Goff missing the game). Statistically I noted the following regarding their roster on the season:

Ram's offense
- Woods broke 100yds first game of the year (105yds) but never cracked it again
- Kupp cracked 100yds three times with the last time being Week 11
- Weeks 12/13/14/15/16/17 the highest total for any receiver (WR/TE/RB) was 85
- running game goes in spurts where two weeks during the season they had 100yd runners but other weeks disappeared
- Goff had a good season in throwing for almost 4000yds but TD to INT ratio (20/13) wasn't all that great
- Kupp had almost 1000yds but only 3 receiving TD's
- Woods had almost 1000yds and 6 TD's
- Akers and Henderson rushed for 600+ and 700+ yds with similiar averages (4.3 to 4.4 YPC) - interchangeable it seems

The offense appears serviceable with the ability to spread the ball around and depend on multiple backs to grind out yardage. However the best players are supposed to shine at this time and I see Rodger/Adams/Jones producing far better than Goff/Kupp/Woods/Akers/Henderson.

Using the last six games as a sample size for trending direction, the Rams offense scored 13/31/17/20/9/9 where their defense averaged almost a score a game. This isn't the recipe for a long run in the playoffs unless things get corrected. Scoring 23 offensive points (7 came from pick 6) against a below average defense (Seahawk's were 22nd overall albeit better in recent weeks) likely isn't going to win week in and week out.

Add to that a questionable Goff (as noted prior playing the cold won't help his grip on the ball) and Aaron Donald not at 100% and I really like our chances if we continue to play like we have been the last week.

The Packers are peaking at the right time and this reeks of 2011 - just hope it holds true.

George Cumby
01-11-2021, 05:54 PM
Cumby, you still staying away from the beer? If it was your experience with the soul destroying hottie that drove up your consumption in the first place, Saturday could be an interesting bookend milestone for you :)

LOL.

Mostly, I feel a ton better, nice to wake up in the morning and not feel groggy/cloudy.

George Cumby
01-11-2021, 06:01 PM
You are one totally confused little bitch.

Metcalf didn't produce a win for Seattle,

"If Metcalf and Adams were teammates and the Rams decided to put Ramsey on an island with Metcalf instead of Adams, then great. "
what does this shit mean?

You only get to draft one guy in the second round. Goot picked a guy who is on the probowl team and been instrumental in helping us to the #1 seed in the NFC. Jenkins has had one of the best seasons of any lineman in the league.

We all know you are all fan-boy gaga over Metcalf. Your 100's of spam posts prove that. Without Jenkins, we don't do squat on the OLine this season.

C'mon, KY.

Metcalf was targeted 11 times in that game, caught five for 96 yards and TWO TDs! His long was 51.

He's clearly a game-changing GOAT who the rest of the team failed to support.

Sheesh.

(Oh, and his sideline tantrum tasted sweet!)

Teamcheez1
01-11-2021, 06:13 PM
Jared Veldheer signed by the Packers. I think a very good insurance policy.

scharpcheddar
01-11-2021, 06:21 PM

or omen.. Colts lost

KYPack
01-11-2021, 08:16 PM

I love this move. I was pissed when we didn't scoop him up when Bahk was hurt.

He had a solid game for the Colts last weekend.

If we have issues at LT, Jared could be a great stop gap for us.

Freak Out
01-11-2021, 10:53 PM
Three pick sixes. In one game, that is absurd.

Rams were a very good team at the time and the old gunslinger was well...in old gunslinger form.

bobblehead
01-11-2021, 11:21 PM
Teams have met twice in the playoffs. On December 23, 1967 Packers beat Los Angeles Rams 28-7 in divisional Round. On January 20, 2002 Packers lost to the St. Louis Rams 45-17.

Lifetime Rams lead series 47-46-2.

I expect the packers to even the record lifetime and take a 3 point total score lead in playoff action.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-12-2021, 01:09 AM
C'mon, KY.

Metcalf was targeted 11 times in that game, caught five for 96 yards and TWO TDs! His long was 51.

He's clearly a game-changing GOAT who the rest of the team failed to support.

All that against the top Shutdown Corner in the NFL. Since Darren Charles only caught a fluke rock for a fluke 19 yards against moi, Metcalf’s numbers vs Ramsey were downright impressive.

GB-Brandon
01-12-2021, 08:28 AM
It’s games like this where your just so grateful that a 1st and 4th round pick was invested on a QB that doesn’t even suit up.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2021, 09:28 AM
Fuck the Rams. it isn’t even going to be close. An easy win sets up. Nerve racking NFCC versus Tompa Bay.

hoosier
01-12-2021, 09:59 AM
It’s games like this where your just so grateful that a 1st and 4th round pick was invested on a QB that doesn’t even suit up.
https://www.faicoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Broken-Record.jpg

Whatever Gute has been doing and not doing, it seems to be working. Which is more than can be said for a lot of your sure-thing prognostications :)

KYPack
01-12-2021, 10:31 AM
Fuck the Rams. it isn’t even going to be close. An easy win sets up. Nerve racking NFCC versus Tompa Bay.

Agree. But I think the Saints trip up the Bucs.

Start us a lucky game thread.

Zool
01-12-2021, 10:33 AM

Wouldn't mind it being the Saints and dashing the hopes of Brees one last time.

KYPack
01-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Mostly cloudy and a high of 31* Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Probably high 29's by game time.

Before Christmas, the Rams had not played this year with a game-time temperature less than 60 degrees. Since then, they've played two games in Seattle with kickoff temps of 45 and 39, respectively.

The Packers have played seven times this year with the temperature 38 degrees or less.

Saturday's forecast calls for highs in the 20s.

Not cold enough to really throw most teams for a loop, but a factor none the less.

George Cumby
01-12-2021, 12:15 PM
All that against the top Shutdown Corner in the NFL. Since Darren Charles only caught a fluke rock for a fluke 19 yards against moi, Metcalf’s numbers vs Ramsey were downright impressive.

LOL.

You get points for consistency.

:-P

Sparkey
01-12-2021, 09:12 PM
Why so worried about the Rams ? Yes they manhandled the chicken hawks oline, but even without Bahk, the Packers oline is still far superior to seattle's.

Joemailman
01-12-2021, 09:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErkAbsKXUAA7trb?format=png&name=900x900

GB-Brandon
01-12-2021, 09:21 PM
https://www.faicoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Broken-Record.jpg

Whatever Gute has been doing and not doing, it seems to be working. Which is more than can be said for a lot of your sure-thing prognostications :)

That remains to be seen!!!!

RashanGary
01-12-2021, 10:39 PM
Wtf is going on with keke. Two week concussion is weird af

RashanGary
01-12-2021, 10:40 PM

Dude, you insisted the #1 offense in the league was a dumpster fire. That's a bad prognostication. But you've had some shining moments too. The Rams being one.

KYPack
01-12-2021, 10:42 PM
Ran across more weather factoids.

This isn't a true advantage but it does fire me up.

Aaron Rodgers has played the entirety of 10 games since 2016 with freezing temperatures at kickoff.

In those games, the Packers are 10-0.

Rodgers has 26 TD passes and 1 INT.

Jared Goff has played in two such games since 2016. The Rams are 1-1. Goff has 0 TD passes & 5 INTs.

You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind blows.

RashanGary
01-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Ran across more weather factoids.

This isn't a true advantage but it does fire me up.

Aaron Rodgers has played the entirety of 10 games since 2016 with freezing temperatures at kickoff.

In those games, the Packers are 10-0.

Rodgers has 26 TD passes and 1 INT.

Jared Goff has played in two such games since 2016. The Rams are 1-1. Goff has 0 TD passes & 5 INTs.

You don't need a weatherman to tell you which way the wind blows.

Interesting! 10-0 is salid

scharpcheddar
01-13-2021, 05:26 AM
Oh jeez, this weather crap is a myth. Every team has plenty of guys that went to college in cold weather States or played on other teams in cold weather games. Winning a game in cold weather... 10-0 record is irrelevant. They, for what ever reason beat the other team, not the weather. Rodgers is 6-7 in total playoff games since the SB. 4-2 at home. Last year the Packers just went on the field and laid down for SF. Saturday they play the toughest defense they've had all year, vs a coach that knows the other coach. If the pack does win, it won't be by much. It might be Goff..it might even be Bortles. And he's a solid veteran. This game is probably a dog fight and the Packers, like the Seahawks, only have one distinct strength. The QB. The Rams just beat two teams with mobile QBs..yes, the Cards QB played some, not all game.
Rodgers isn't elderly but he's no mobile Wilson.
This is the Lakers vs Pistons in the 80s.. the GB magic man, might just pull up lame in this one.
We'll see.....it's only Wednesday morning lol

Cheesehead Craig
01-13-2021, 09:17 AM
St. Brown was a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

sharpe1027
01-13-2021, 09:29 AM
Oh jeez, this weather crap is a myth. Every team has plenty of guys that went to college in cold weather States or played on other teams in cold weather games. Winning a game in cold weather... 10-0 record is irrelevant. They, for what ever reason beat the other team, not the weather. Rodgers is 6-7 in total playoff games since the SB. 4-2 at home. Last year the Packers just went on the field and laid down for SF. Saturday they play the toughest defense they've had all year, vs a coach that knows the other coach. If the pack does win, it won't be by much. It might be Goff..it might even be Bortles. And he's a solid veteran. This game is probably a dog fight and the Packers, like the Seahawks, only have one distinct strength. The QB. The Rams just beat two teams with mobile QBs..yes, the Cards QB played some, not all game.
Rodgers isn't elderly but he's no mobile Wilson.
This is the Lakers vs Pistons in the 80s.. the GB magic man, might just pull up lame in this one.
We'll see.....it's only Wednesday morning lol

Over hyped but not completely a myth. There's an adjustment and even guys that might have played in cold weather years ago need adjust. Just think about the difference between how 50 degrees feels in fall vs spring.

I don't think anyone is of the opinion that Rodgers would have been 5-5 in those same ten games had it been warm. I don't think it's out of the question that he could have been 9-1.

bobblehead
01-13-2021, 09:41 AM
Troy Hill was able to pretty much shut Tyler Lockett down to two catches that were amazing catches. Tyler Lockett is a pretty good receiver. Are our guys better then Tyler Lockett and gonna be able to beat him? “John Johnson” at free safety is a stud too. They got pressure with four guys against the Seahawks. If they can get pressure against us with four guys it could be a long day. That’s my main concern. This is the worst game to not have Bakh.

Russ got hit like 100 times in that game. This truly is the worst game to not have Bak. The key to the game (as usually is) will be keeping ARod from being pressured too much. We had the #1 scoring offense and the 2nd most efficient all time as far as % of drives ending in a TD. But the couple times the offense struggled Arod didn't have much time. Back to preseason we worried about WR. Well, we don't have Metcalf and Lockett, but we have Adams and anyone. We have Jones. We have Tonyan. We have a superior scheme.

+7...yea, thats a big number to lay vs. the #1 scoring D. And to your post below this one....EVERY QBs kryptonite is a D that can pressure with 4.

bobblehead
01-13-2021, 09:45 AM

Wait...26-6 with and NFCC appearance and it remains to be seen if things are working? You can't be serious.

Joemailman
01-13-2021, 09:48 AM
Rams won't be intimidated by the cold. But their QB trying to throw a cold slick ball with a broken thumb could be a factor.

GB-Brandon
01-13-2021, 11:16 AM
Wait...26-6 with and NFCC appearance and it remains to be seen if things are working? You can't be serious.

Were at the “Pressure Point”. Everyone expected the Packers to make the playoffs. I expected Rodgers to bounce back and silence all the haters. It’s all going as planned. It’s refreshing to finally get some good defensive play too.

So here we are!! Divisional Playoff Game!! No.1 seed and No.1 offense and Blah Blah Blah don’t mean a Fucken thing if this offense stalls because it’s gets exposed due to lack of secondary weapons. “It Remains To Be Seen” if it can successfully attack and destroy a defense such as the Rams with how Gute has constructed this offense!!!

Quit Back Peddling!!!

I hope we can win even though I have interest in the Rams. I will hedge Packers but I see some Serious Red Flags in this Game.

GB-Brandon
01-13-2021, 11:20 AM
Rams won't be intimidated by the cold. But their QB trying to throw a cold slick ball with a broken thumb could be a factor.

Weather isn’t gonna be an issue in this game. It’s not that cold here right now. Don’t buy into the weather hype!!

Field conditions probably more then weather conditions are in play.

GB-Brandon
01-13-2021, 11:26 AM
I’m being very serious and I hope I’m wrong guys but I’ve watched all these guys and if I had to bet and put my house down on it then Troy Hill is better then MVS, Lazard etc etc and that is the key matchup within this game the way I see it. That is where we need to win. I’m not sure we can win there enough. I hope I am wrong.

GB-Brandon
01-13-2021, 11:35 AM
I’m hearing the Rams are going to try and match Aaron Donald on Patrick. This has the makings of a “Natural Disaster.” Packers are gonna have to deploy help. This will free up guys like Brockers who are really good 1 on 1 guys. Like I posted Bakh will be missed.

run pMc
01-13-2021, 12:22 PM

Agree

EVERY QBs kryptonite is a D that can pressure with 4

100% agree with this too.

OBVIOUSLY it's possible the Rams could come in and shut down the Packers and leave WI with a win. They're a good team with an excellent defense that is carrying the team. I'm not convinced that is sustainable, and they have a couple of mulligans on their schedule to prove it. They aren't the '01 Ravens or the '85 Bears. They will be a challenge and deserve respect as a playoff team, but they are still the #6 seed.

The Packers have as good a shot at winning, if not better, because they have a few things in their favor: home field and a week to rest up/get healthy/self scout. They also have the presumptive MVP at QB. I doubt they will go into this game without preparing for Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey etc. 26-6 coaches pay attention to the matchups.

If the offense does stall, that doesn't mean the offense is terrible or all their work is for nothing -- the other guys get paid too. The team has also learned what it has in some of its players, and Gute will know where to adjust the roster as the cap allows.

If you think defense always beats offense, then you should be rooting for Gute to load up on defensive players every year in the draft. You're also (historically speaking) probably rooting for the wrong team.

I'm sure posters here are well aware the Rams could pull off an upset. I will be rooting for GB.

scharpcheddar
01-13-2021, 12:37 PM

Dude, balls are cold and slick in Washington too, obviously.

GB-Brandon
01-13-2021, 04:07 PM
I hope Patrick “Feels Good”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30706321/los-angeles-rams-dt-aaron-donald-rib-injury-feel-real-good

run pMc
01-13-2021, 04:37 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2021/1/12/22227650/a-war-of-attrition-packers-rams

Donald's ribs are fine, but the cartilage? Not so much. He'll be shot up with painkillers but you gotta think it will affect him nonetheless. I'm sure the Packers OL will be up to see how he's feeling.
Will be a good matchup.

Joemailman
01-13-2021, 04:40 PM
Jason Veldheer placed on Covid list due to positive test.

Zool
01-13-2021, 06:23 PM
Dude, balls are cold and slick in Washington too, obviously.

Well now we know where you live, and something you’re into. Kudos on sharing time.

pittstang5
01-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Jason Veldheer placed on Covid list due to positive test.

Here one day, gone the next. Just hope others don't test positive.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2021, 07:38 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2021/1/12/22227650/a-war-of-attrition-packers-rams

Donald's ribs are fine, but the cartilage? Not so much. He'll be shot up with painkillers but you gotta think it will affect him nonetheless. I'm sure the Packers OL will be up to see how he's feeling.
Will be a good matchup.
Queue RashanGary saying something dirty like someone should punch or knee him every chance possible.

I agree.

MadtownPacker
01-13-2021, 07:38 PM
Dude, balls are cold and slick in Washington too, obviously.I didn’t see rain during the game versus Seattle.

GB-Brandon
01-13-2021, 08:51 PM
Agree

100% agree with this too.

OBVIOUSLY it's possible the Rams could come in and shut down the Packers and leave WI with a win. They're a good team with an excellent defense that is carrying the team. I'm not convinced that is sustainable, and they have a couple of mulligans on their schedule to prove it. They aren't the '01 Ravens or the '85 Bears. They will be a challenge and deserve respect as a playoff team, but they are still the #6 seed.

The Packers have as good a shot at winning, if not better, because they have a few things in their favor: home field and a week to rest up/get healthy/self scout. They also have the presumptive MVP at QB. I doubt they will go into this game without preparing for Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey etc. 26-6 coaches pay attention to the matchups.

If the offense does stall, that doesn't mean the offense is terrible or all their work is for nothing -- the other guys get paid too. The team has also learned what it has in some of its players, and Gute will know where to adjust the roster as the cap allows.

If you think defense always beats offense, then you should be rooting for Gute to load up on defensive players every year in the draft. You're also (historically speaking) probably rooting for the wrong team.

I'm sure posters here are well aware the Rams could pull off an upset. I will be rooting for GB.

Nobody is “rooting for the Rams” in here even though in some cases it would make some sense. I’ve posted clearly week in and week out the match ups the way I see them “Good or Bad.” With that said I haven’t made or seen a single prediction with the Rams having more points then the Packers although I could of overlooked something.

Yeah, this game is going to be a WAR and probably come down to the end. Take blood pressure medication as needed!! Hopefully Rodgers can pull one out for us and the defense can give us a championship performance because that’s what it’s gonna take. As far as Gute it’s him being “Out Of Touch” that has us even in this position where we don’t match up properly as needed!!!

Yes, Every Damn draft pick and Dollar counts when your trying to build a “Championship Team.” It all counts and adds up in the end!!

RashanGary
01-13-2021, 09:07 PM
Sucks to be missing keke in back to back weeks. But I guess a beat up Donald makes up for it. No excuses. Go pack go!

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 04:17 AM
Delete

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 04:20 AM
I didn’t see rain during the game versus Seattle.

Maybe not. But there and Oregon , even when it's not visibly raining. It gets cold and damp. And sometimes rain is like a million donut sprinkles , or almost a mist.

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 04:21 AM
Well now we know where you live, and something you’re into. Kudos on sharing time.

What? Where?

KYPack
01-14-2021, 08:53 AM
I nosed around on some Ram forums to see how their fans see the upcoming game.

Like some of our posters they have their own "negative Nancies". Or maybe Debbie Downers....

(Quote on)

Hate to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone really think we have a chance against the Packers?

"The reality is we don't have a chance. Green Bay has had an extra week to rest and prepare. They are the home team playing in extremely cold weather.

On the Rams side, the already crappy Jared Goff has a broken thumb and is playing in the cold. Not that he would have made any difference anyway. Donald is hurt, Kupp is hurt, Henderson is hurt and our head coach is calling a lot of stupid plays right now.

I'm expecting a blowout in this one. I hate to say it, but it won't even be close. Packers 45 - Rams 16"

(Quote off)

Our posters don't think cold weather matters or the home field make any difference. Their fans sure do.

Zool
01-14-2021, 09:02 AM
What? Where?

You're in Washington and you enjoy slick cold balls.

smuggler
01-14-2021, 09:15 AM
I like how the Rams' fans just took the trend of our defense allowing 16 and ran with it. It will be uncomfortably close, but I do expect a Pack victory.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 09:18 AM

Like some of our posters they have their own "negative Nancies". Or maybe Debbie Downers....

(Quote on)

Hate to be a Debbie downer, but does anyone really think we have a chance against the Packers?

"The reality is we don't have a chance. Green Bay has had an extra week to rest and prepare. They are the home team playing in extremely cold weather.

On the Rams side, the already crappy Jared Goff has a broken thumb and is playing in the cold. Not that he would have made any difference anyway. Donald is hurt, Kupp is hurt, Henderson is hurt and our head coach is calling a lot of stupid plays right now.

I'm expecting a blowout in this one. I hate to say it, but it won't even be close. Packers 45 - Rams 16"

(Quote off)

Our posters don't think cold weather matters or the home field make any difference. Their fans sure do.

But its not going to be “Extremely Cold Weather” and Donald and Kupp aren’t seriously injured.

We do have our own set of advantages but this poster is clearly off.

Zool
01-14-2021, 09:19 AM
Packers defense allowed a passer rating of 75.3, had 20 sacks and intercepted 6 passes over the final 6 games of 2020. Rams defense allowed 84.0, had 21 sacks and 4 interceptions.

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1349701304814223367

Packers faced Trubisky, Wentz, Stafford, Bridgewater, Tannehill, and Trubisky over that span.

Rams faced Mullens, Murray, Cam, Darnold, Russ, Murray/Streveler over that span.

I'm getting near cautiously optimistic which is rare for a playoff game.

KYPack
01-14-2021, 10:02 AM
But its not going to be “Extremely Cold Weather” and Donald and Kupp aren’t seriously injured.

Well you need to straighten these Rams fans out!
They think the Rams will have to fly up
to Green Bay into sub freezing temperatures. That don't bother you, but it's real cold to guys from SoCal. With only one day to acclimate.

With injuries to " Donald is hurt, Kupp is hurt, Henderson is hurt".

You need to tell these deluded souls that none of those factors matter bc the Packers GM is a fool and never supplied their organization with the tools Rodgers needs to be successful.

These things don't bother you, but they really bother Rams posters.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 10:26 AM
to Green Bay into sub freezing temperatures. That don't bother you, but it's real cold to guys from SoCal. With only one day to acclimate.

You need to tell these deluded souls that none of those factors matter bc the Packers GM is a fool and never supplied their organization with the tools Rodgers needs to be successful.

To me “The Elephant In The Room” for the Rams is Jared Goff. I believe that will be the difference but time will tell.

SudsMcBucky
01-14-2021, 10:41 AM

To people from LA, yeah, it's "extremely cold weather." LOL.

Zool
01-14-2021, 10:49 AM
To people from LA, yeah, it's "extremely cold weather." LOL.

I lived there for a few years. People had on parka at 50 degrees. By my 3rd year there, I went home for a visit and shivered for a week.

Zool
01-14-2021, 11:05 AM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/green-bay-i-wrote-this-for-you-01evy7bzfk5c/amp

Bobby getting everyone fired up for Saturday.

bobblehead
01-14-2021, 11:14 AM
Were at the “Pressure Point”. Everyone expected the Packers to make the playoffs. I expected Rodgers to bounce back and silence all the haters. It’s all going as planned. It’s refreshing to finally get some good defensive play too.

So here we are!! Divisional Playoff Game!! No.1 seed and No.1 offense and Blah Blah Blah don’t mean a Fucken thing if this offense stalls because it’s gets exposed due to lack of secondary weapons. “It Remains To Be Seen” if it can successfully attack and destroy a defense such as the Rams with how Gute has constructed this offense!!!

Quit Back Peddling!!!

I hope we can win even though I have interest in the Rams. I will hedge Packers but I see some Serious Red Flags in this Game.

You have set up a brilliant straw man, where any failure to win the super bowl proves you to be a genius. Not buying it. Sorry. Admit you were wrong. The second highest percentage of all time drives ending in a TD. Just say it. I was wrong. Rodgers had plenty of weapons. If suddenly some idiot fumbles twice, or Rodgers throws a couple picks won't prove you right. Not by a long shot.

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2021, 11:22 AM
The Packers had plenty of weapons because the players really developed. MVS proved to be a somewhat reliable number 3, Big Bob developed into a very good receiver. They had the weapons to win this game.

bobblehead
01-14-2021, 11:29 AM
The Packers had plenty of weapons because the players really developed. MVS proved to be a somewhat reliable number 3, Big Bob developed into a very good receiver. They had the weapons to win this game.

Correct (don't get used to me saying that to you!!) We had young offensive talent in a new scheme and some don't have the vision to see them being much better in year 2.

Here is my final rub. If the Rams, lead by Goff come into lambeau and beat us...a team that is better at WR1, RB1, TE1, OL, then its time to deal Rodgers for whatever we can get and build a dominant defense around a game managing QB. I always say defense wins Championships and I'm very glad that our D is playing much better of late. But bottom line is simple. If the #1 scoring offense in the league can't win at home then building an offense around Rodgers isn't the way to win. We win this game or we dish Rodgers now while he has great value.

call_me_ishmael
01-14-2021, 11:43 AM
I dunno, the Rams D is legit. I'm nervous about this game. I think the Packers will win, though.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 12:04 PM
I’m looking at the “Advanced Metrics” and “the matchups within the game.” If people want to side step those into some dumb luck if things don’t go our way then that’s what they will choose to do. On paper Rams should win certain matchups as I have posted.

Gute Failed to deliver when having multiple chances to do so to allow us to win those matchups right now in the here and now. Rodgers will somehow have to overcome these things Saturday and that’s where it stands. It’s not a “Strawman”!!! It’s just the facts!!

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 12:09 PM
This is exactly the type of game where guys like MVS “Disappear” and everyone knows it!!!

We’ll see who shows up and can beat the Rams “Other Guys” because like I have posted it is going to need be someone other then named Devante Adams and Aaron Jones.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 12:18 PM
What we need is simple. A Goff Melt Down!!!

That starts with getting pressure on him. If Pettine can’t get pressure on Goff then this season is over!!!!

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 12:56 PM

Lol those players aren't injured. It's a part of the drama.
Donald said he feels no pain. That's code for* nothing actually happened

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 01:01 PM
You're in Washington and you enjoy slick cold balls.

Oregon

Joemailman
01-14-2021, 01:47 PM
Wolford out this week. Goff will start backed by Blake Bortles.

Zool
01-14-2021, 02:15 PM
Oregon

Sorry, you're in Oregon and enjoy slick cold balls.

scharpcheddar
01-14-2021, 02:44 PM
Sorry, you're in Oregon and enjoy slick cold balls.

Not really. I use receivers gloves when I throw in the back yard.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2021, 02:49 PM
Wolford out this week. Goff will start backed by Blake Bortles.

Just based on raw talent, Bortles ought to be better than either Goff or Wolford.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2021, 02:57 PM

(Quote on)

"I'm expecting a blowout in this one. I hate to say it, but it won't even be close. Packers 45 - Rams 16"

(Quote off)

Our posters don't think cold weather matters or the home field make any difference. Their fans sure do.We have alot of lil chavalas here KY. Not too many hombres like us who know the Rams ain’t shit in Cali and even less at Lambeau.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Lol those players aren't injured. It's a part of the drama.
Donald said he feels no pain. That's code for* nothing actually happenedBullshit. I saw the play when Wilson fell/bounced off on him. His eyes bulged and he went straight for his ribs. Wilson might be short but he seems like a solid built dude.

run pMc
01-14-2021, 03:04 PM
I’m looking at the “Advanced Metrics” and “the matchups within the game.”
But you didn't like my DVOA stats. Weird. How about these:
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/1/14/22229411/packers-rams-playoff-preview-aaron-rodgers-play-action-buffalo-bills

Rams are 24th in QBR against play-action, 22nd in yards per attempt, and 32nd in yards of separation in those scenarios. Meanwhile, Rodgers and the Packers are 1st in QBR, completion percentage, and touchdowns off play-action. They’re particularly deadly in the red zone, where they’re one of the most efficient red zone offenses in league history. Meanwhile, the Rams are allowing a touchdown rate over 90% in the red zone on the road this season, last in the league.

Their last podcast was interesting in describing how SF attacked the Rams by running the receiver across from Ramsey across the field in a deep crosser; if they are in zone or shell Ramsey won't follow and they had bad metrics over there. Ramsey is good and will line up over Adams, but I don't know if they'll have him follow Adams in the slot or across the field in some kind of zone/man hybrid coverage.

Won't be an easy game, I think Donald will be shot up and play fine (although I wonder if GB playing more uptempo would make it hard for him to catch his breath), a hurt Kupp will be running about a 4.7 (think G-Mo), etc. Key will be stopping Cam Akers, keeping the Rams DL to a stalemate, and not screwing up on ST. Rodgers, Adams, and especially Jones & Tonyan are all gonna be important on offense.

This is a game the Packers should win, even if narrowly. Doesn't mean they will... top seed upsets happen. That's why you play the game lol.

run pMc
01-14-2021, 03:08 PM
Bullshit. I saw the play when Wilson fell/bounced off on him. His eyes bulged and he went straight for his ribs. Wilson might be short but he seems like a solid built dude.

He looked fine on the sidelines, but he might have been on something by then. I think he'll be ok but I think they'll have to sub him out more because of it. I also think long drives or uptempo might affect him; even on painkillers it's gotta be uncomfortable to run and hit and breathe with that injury. Aaron Donald at 75% is still pretty good player. Good thing GB has recently played Akiem Hicks and Derrick Brown so they know what it's like to face a good DT.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2021, 03:14 PM
Make a straight up pick Brandon. W or L!

MadtownPacker
01-14-2021, 03:29 PM
He looked fine on the sidelines, but he might have been on something by then. I think he'll be ok but I think they'll have to sub him out more because of it. I also think long drives or uptempo might affect him; even on painkillers it's gotta be uncomfortable to run and hit and breathe with that injury. Aaron Donald at 75% is still pretty good player. Good thing GB has recently played Akiem Hicks and Derrick Brown so they know what it's like to face a good DT.Was that before or after he went into the locker room? Pretty sure he went right.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2021, 03:33 PM
I expect to see a lot of inside zone running early to test/wear down Donald. As always, though, we'll win this game with Rodgers' passing and mobility to escape the pass rush. I don't care how good Ramsay is, if they use him in single coverage on Davante, we come out ahead.

KYPack
01-14-2021, 04:25 PM
We have alot of lil chavalas here KY. Not too many hombres like us who know the Rams ain’t shit in Cali and even less at Lambeau.

Much love to MTP. without that dude, there is no Rat forum.

He is the man, & I had to look up " chavalas": to figure out what he meant.

Ok, GBB who is gonna win the ballgame?

I'm having a ton of Deja Vue on this one.

I'm picking the Green Bay Packesr?

Who you picking?

KYPack
01-14-2021, 04:38 PM
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/green-bay-i-wrote-this-for-you-01evy7bzfk5c/amp

Bobby getting everyone fired up for Saturday.

Please everybody hit Zool's link.

That's what it means to be a Green Bay Packer,

I agreed to quit fucking with the troll, Zool, but it's the Playoffs now.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 06:22 PM
I’m gonna go Packers 23-20. I think we pull it out late in the game fueled by a Goff Mistake!!!

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 06:40 PM
Let me add that there is little margin for error. MVS can’t drop the bomb. Special teams can’t give up a cheap TD. Turnovers will play a key role.

ZachMN
01-14-2021, 08:31 PM
Metrics DVOA blah blah blah..We win this by 10 easy...we are flat out better than they are all around. Then We kick Brady in the face and cash our ticket to 55. We are that good. Rodgers is on a mission. Time to start stabbing teams in their heart and send them home.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Let me add that there is little margin for error. MVS can’t drop the bomb. Special teams can’t give up a cheap TD. Turnovers will play a key role.PUSSY!!

Bossman641
01-14-2021, 09:16 PM
Nothing is a given at this point. You can find stats/DVOA to argue plus/minus your position regardless of which side you're on. Rams have a great D.....Rams D is poor against PA....Rodgers is great in the cold...Goff is poor in the cold.....etc.

If we win, it's most likely because the Packers play at the expected level they've played all year. If they lose, it's most likely because of an untimely turnover.

Put me down for a Packers win 27-17. Also put me down for a ton of drinking to calm the nerves.

KYPack
01-14-2021, 09:17 PM
PUSSY!!

He just can't take it like a man.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 09:44 PM
I’m saying this game is gonna be close and both teams will have a chance to win at the end and I trust Rodgers over Goff so I’m picking Packers in a very close game. I’m not sure why some are having a hard time with my analysis and prediction. People thinking this is going to be some run away boat race by the Packers are going to be in for a shocking and “Big Surprise” I believe.

Like I posted. Have some anti-psychotics & preferably Benzo’s on hand!!!

Freak Out
01-14-2021, 10:30 PM

Always good to read that stuff.

George Cumby
01-14-2021, 10:45 PM

Good, fun read.

Nice look inside the locker room.

Good find, Zool.

George Cumby
01-14-2021, 10:51 PM
Packer's win this.

Goff is a bitch.

Weather may not play a big role, but it will affect the Lambs. High of 35 in GB on Saturday, the LOW in LA tomorrow is gonna' be 56. Lol. Think about that, the high in GB is almost 20 degrees colder than the Lambs low.

Rams D is tough, but honestly so is the Pack's.

Pack's O-line is better than Seattle's.

Packers are really balanced.

LaFleur is legit.

Rodgers.

run pMc
01-15-2021, 07:53 AM
Rams have a well coached, excellent defense with some playmakers.
GB has an ok defense that's been improving over the last few weeks.

Rams have a middling offense that is beat up in a few key spots (Goff, Kupp).
GB has one of the top offenses and has been averaging 30 pts

Neither team has great ST, slight edge to Rams here but if it comes down to a FG I'd give the edge to Mason because he knows Lambeau winds better.

Ultimately, Rams' D keeps this close but Rodgers is just too good, and a rested Packers team is too much to overcome in the 4Q.

bobblehead
01-15-2021, 09:22 AM
I’m looking at the “Advanced Metrics” and “the matchups within the game.” If people want to side step those into some dumb luck if things don’t go our way then that’s what they will choose to do. On paper Rams should win certain matchups as I have posted.

Gute Failed to deliver when having multiple chances to do so to allow us to win those matchups right now in the here and now. Rodgers will somehow have to overcome these things Saturday and that’s where it stands. It’s not a “Strawman”!!! It’s just the facts!!

Not saying you are wrong. Not sure where you think Gutes could have gotten a guard that can block Donald when no GM in football has found one. Again, we built the best offense in the game with ARod at QB. If we can't beat a team led by Goff, then I was right in the preseason when I said you don't win championships with a bad defense and a dominant offense. Now, of late the D has played well enough to give me hope. But this game is different. We can't count on our offense to stay on the field for 9 minutes at a time against this Rams D.

Again, not sure what more you wanted out of Gute. I was critical, but the top O in the league speaks for itself. The D is the question mark and despite your WR broken record routine, his failure is right where I said it was in August. We didn't do anything to shore up the run D. If we lose in the playoffs it will likely be the fault of the D. If Rodgers and this offense sputters and we lose its time to blow it up, dish him for max value and try to win like the Rams. Personally I think Boyle is close to Goff as a QB.

bobblehead
01-15-2021, 09:27 AM
This is exactly the type of game where guys like MVS “Disappear” and everyone knows it!!!

We’ll see who shows up and can beat the Rams “Other Guys” because like I have posted it is going to need be someone other then named Devante Adams and Aaron Jones.

Right. And we can't afford Rodgers to fumble and then refuse to dive on it like a little bitch. We can't afford Rodgers to fumble on a sack. We can't afford Rodgers to throw a pick with a minute left in the half turning 20-0 into 27-0. So, in short, you are correct, a lot relies on Rodgers not to disappear in the playoffs like he has many times. And don't tell me that a WR forced him to fumble twice in the first half and then throw a pick.

Packers4Glory
01-15-2021, 09:37 AM
Just based on raw talent, Bortles ought to be better than either Goff or Wolford.

LOL

Spaulding
01-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Packers win 24-17 with the following all going down:

- Tonyan/Jones/Dillon with scores
- Crosby with one make and one miss
- Dillon pounding the rock late and helping to grind out the win
- Rodgers/Adams play well but with modest stats
- Defense gets two turnovers and offense gives up one that directly leads to a Rams score

George Cumby
01-15-2021, 10:41 AM

- Defense gets two turnovers and offense gives up one that directly leads to a Rams score

Bold and I think super accurate.

Good post.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 11:03 AM

I’m glad you brought up Crosby cause something tells me he will have a big say in this game.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 11:11 AM
Right. And we can't afford Rodgers to fumble and then refuse to dive on it like a little bitch. We can't afford Rodgers to fumble on a sack. We can't afford Rodgers to throw a pick with a minute left in the half turning 20-0 into 27-0. So, in short, you are correct, a lot relies on Rodgers not to disappear in the playoffs like he has many times. And don't tell me that a WR forced him to fumble twice in the first half and then throw a pick.

You mean “The Nightmare Scenario”

The one where our shuffled around OL can’t hold up and our “Other Guys” can’t get open and Rodgers starts to lock in on Adams who is having a tough time with Ramsey and balls start to get tipped and fly off target and we have a situation similar to the Tampa game?

If that happens then I’m not putting that on Rodgers. Sorry!!!

Cheesehead Craig
01-15-2021, 12:23 PM
Pack win by 10.

Fritz
01-15-2021, 12:28 PM

The one where our shuffled around OL can’t hold up and our “Other Guys” can’t get open and Rodgers starts to lock in on Adams who is having a tough time with Ramsey and balls start to get tipped and fly off target and we have a situation similar to the Tampa game?

I don't think there's much debate that the onus of the game will be on the Packer offensive line to keep Rodgers clean and to open enough holes for Jones, Williams, and Dillon to make some hay.

It is the game in which this team will miss Bakh as much or more than any other game.

I'm sure the Rams will scheme to get Donald over what they see is the weakest link on the line. Patrick?

Let's hope for good health and no Covid reports.

sharpe1027
01-15-2021, 12:44 PM

For the Packers.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 01:55 PM
I don't think there's much debate that the onus of the game will be on the Packer offensive line to keep Rodgers clean and to open enough holes for Jones, Williams, and Dillon to make some hay.

It is the game in which this team will miss Bakh as much or more than any other game.

I'm sure the Rams will scheme to get Donald over what they see is the weakest link on the line. Patrick?

That’s where the heat is coming!!!! “Defensive Player Of The Year HEAT” So as I’ve posted double team and help will be needed. One hole creates another. Normally you have Bakh out there to command one of the edges one on one all game long to relieve the pressure which really helps so yes this is the worse case scenario and game possible to not have Bakh. Doesn’t mean we can’t win but once again there are some red flags If our OL can match up against this very active Rams front without him. Our guys on the edge are gonna have to win with almost no help. Brockers and Leonard Floyd are no Joke!!!. At the very least it’s going to much harder.

scharpcheddar
01-15-2021, 02:17 PM
I wore a Favre jersey yesterday. Today I Wear my Rams Hekker jersey lol.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 02:37 PM
Getting kinda swampy. Expect field to be tore up and kinda a mess. That’s good news. Favors slowing down pass rush.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 02:42 PM
https://youtu.be/p_245qEDOnk

MadtownPacker
01-15-2021, 02:45 PM

- Defense gets two turnovers and offense gives up one that directly leads to a Rams scoreI like it except add one more score , when Davante breaks Ramsey’s ankles with some sick dance moves.

Spaulding
01-15-2021, 03:10 PM
I like it except add one more score , when Davante breaks Ramsey’s ankles with some sick dance moves.

I'd love to see that and then have Jamal finish the dance in the end zone and pull out all his slick dance moves!

scharpcheddar
01-15-2021, 04:01 PM
Getting kinda swampy. Expect field to be tore up and kinda a mess. That’s good news. Favors slowing down pass rush.

Kind of pointless really. It slows down everyone.

texaspackerbacker
01-15-2021, 05:38 PM
I think we can count on Rodgers not to let that nightmare scenario happen. The line keeps Rodgers clean mainly because of Rodgers' mobility. A tough inside rush, though, is harder to deal with. Derrick Brown was the last guy at DT to do significant harm to the Packers with an inside rush. Donald is 40 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter than Brown and now maybe less than 100%. I expect Lucas Patrick to have a lot better day than he did against Brown. It's also possible the Packers didn't game plan for Brown near as much as they will for Donald. I heard that torn rib cartilage is similar to the core injury (source: Shannon Sharpe) that Lazard had and that Tonyan played with last season but with less effectiveness. Bottom line, I doubt Donald is much of a force against the Packers.

We force Goff into a couple of turnovers, and as per usual, the Packers won't have any. A big day for Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Tonyan, Lazard, and MVS.

Packers 31 Rams 13

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 06:23 PM

I believe all things considered and Rodgers > Goff it benefits the Packers Greatly!!

George Cumby
01-15-2021, 07:12 PM
I believe all things considered and Rodgers > Goff it benefits the Packers Greatly!!

Man, you are going out on a limb on that one. :-P

George Cumby
01-15-2021, 07:15 PM

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all of a row.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 07:30 PM
Man, you are going out on a limb on that one. :-P

I gets really exhausting having to explain every little thing in such detail. “The Field Conditions” which now I expect them to be bad and get worse as the game goes as everything here is melting over last couple days is a huge deal. It will have an affect on Rams pass rush and certainly slow things down. Yes, it goes both ways but obviously Packers are much more familiar with these conditions. It will allow Rodgers to play “5 on 5” and nobody does it better then him.

Huge advantage for Packers heading into this game tomorrow.

George Cumby
01-15-2021, 07:55 PM
I got your original point and agree completely.

I like that you're trolling the troll.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 07:55 PM
All In Boys!!!!!

https://youtu.be/2AoMSdow2qs

Freak Out
01-15-2021, 08:21 PM
I think we can count on Rodgers not to let that nightmare scenario happen. The line keeps Rodgers clean mainly because of Rodgers' mobility. A tough inside rush, though, is harder to deal with. Derrick Brown was the last guy at DT to do significant harm to the Packers with an inside rush. Donald is 40 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter than Brown and now maybe less than 100%. I expect Lucas Patrick to have a lot better day than he did against Brown. It's also possible the Packers didn't game plan for Brown near as much as they will for Donald. I heard that torn rib cartilage is similar to the core injury (source: Shannon Sharpe) that Lazard had and that Tonyan played with last season but with less effectiveness. Bottom line, I doubt Donald is much of a force against the Packers.

We force Goff into a couple of turnovers, and as per usual, the Packers won't have any. A big day for Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Tonyan, Lazard, and MVS.

Packers 31 Rams 13

Jones, Williams and AJ make a statement.

MadtownPacker
01-15-2021, 08:27 PM
All In Boys!!!!!

https://youtu.be/2AoMSdow2qsI like Wheezy but I can’t get past the use of “yellow”. It has always been gold to me.

smuggler
01-15-2021, 08:50 PM
He's not bad, but he just doesn't have a good voice. Super grating.

scharpcheddar
01-15-2021, 09:15 PM
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all of a row.

And there, Ladies and gentlemen, is your american education system.
A they know how to do us repeat some stupid rhyme. Taught to them as children. When they hear something that doesn't appease their group think.

scharpcheddar
01-15-2021, 09:18 PM

Sure, no one disagrees with that. But 6-7 the last 10 years in playoffs, means he hasn't been as good when it counts, as you'd like to think

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 09:31 PM
Sure, no one disagrees with that. But 6-7 the last 10 years in playoffs, means he hasn't been as good when it counts, as you'd like to think

He has also been rolling the 30-32 ranked defense in a lot of those years and ultimately ran into a buzz kill. I have to say this defense has won me over some. The current safety play along with Jaire is something they just have not had in years. The pass rush is legit. The youngsters at LB have talent. I’m not saying they are elite overall but if they play like they have been and keep building on that they can be enough to get it done.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 09:41 PM

Packers 31 Rams 13

LOL. Donald has been smaller and shorter then everyone he has matched up against all season!!!!! If you think that’s why he won’t be effective then have another beer!!! He has made a career destroying larger men. The dude is a Fucken animal!!!! Good luck with that theory.

The man says he is doing “Full Normal Workouts” and say’s “He’s Good”. We’ll see!!!

He rates @ PFF @ “94.5”!!!!! Even at 70 percent(if that’s the case) he is better then Derek Brown!!!

Donald will need to be doubled. Period!!

call_me_ishmael
01-15-2021, 09:42 PM

Packers 31 Rams 13

You expect Lucas Patrick to have a better day against ... *checks notes*

Possibly the most dominant defender in NFL history compared to a *checks notes again* rookie

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 10:03 PM
I have a very strong feeling Aaron Donald is better then 70 percent too!!! Probably closer to 90 percent after they fix him up.

https://twitter.com/kevinmodesti/status/1349460076352847872?s=21

MadScientist
01-15-2021, 11:21 PM
I have a very strong feeling Aaron Donald is better then 70 percent too!!! Probably closer to 90 percent after they fix him up.

It depends on how much they can numb the pain (including from additional injury aggravation that could likely happen) and will the numbing and rib protector impact his movements. My guess is that he will be 50-75% (which is still pretty good), but may not make it through the game.

run pMc
01-15-2021, 11:38 PM
I think weather won't be a factor; field conditions might. Davante in the right set of cleats vs. Ramsey guessing -- I realize he shuts WRs down and made Metcalf a pouty chavala (to borrow MTP's word), but Adams and Metcalf have completely different games.

I also think Donald will be his normal self in the 1st half, but 2nd half the injury might start to affect him.
Green Bay better bring their A game tomorrow; the Rams will be a tough out.

sharpe1027
01-16-2021, 12:48 AM
It depends on how much they can numb the pain (including from additional injury aggravation that could likely happen) and will the numbing and rib protector impact his movements. My guess is that he will be 50-75% (which is still pretty good), but may not make it through the game.

I ran the numbers. He's exactly 74.35% right now. He'll be 82.54% at kickoff ending the game at 72.21%. Give or take 50%.

bobblehead
01-16-2021, 08:50 AM

I actually described what happened in the 1st half of the SF game last year. And I already knew that there was no scenario where you would blame Rodgers.

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 08:54 AM
I ran the numbers. He's exactly 74.35% right now. He'll be 82.54% at kickoff ending the game at 72.21%. Give or take 50%.

lol

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 08:55 AM
And there, Ladies and gentlemen, is your american education system.
A they know how to do us repeat some stupid rhyme. Taught to them as children. When they hear something that doesn't appease their group think.

Lol.

At least I can punctuate, know when it is and isn't appropriate to capitalize and can write in complete sentences.

bobblehead
01-16-2021, 08:58 AM

We need to bring back the center who unties shoelaces. Can't remember his name. But we need to use every dirty trick in the book to stop Donald from decapitating Rodgers. Every chip block Williams throws his way needs to coincidentally land right in the injured rib area.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2021, 09:17 AM
He's not bad, but he just doesn't have a good voice. Super grating.We should be taking it as a good sign. Last time he made one was the 2010 playoffs....

Some background:
Weezy also discussed how he became a Packers fan while growing up in New Orleans. He told Undisputed that it all began in 1997 when Green Bay won the Super Bowl in his hometown.

"My late father, Reginald McDonald, he attended that Super Bowl—he wasn't a fan of any of the teams there. It was just so amazing that the Super Bowl was in New Orleans," Wayne explained. "... He came home with Green Bay championship towels ... cups, hats—anything that was being given, he had it, he brought it to the house. From that moment on, I was a Green Bay Packers fan."

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 10:41 AM
Zach Kruse Retweeted
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
4h
Rams’ WR Cooper Kupp is considered a “true game-time decision” for today’s Divisional Playoff against the Packers due to the bursitis in his knee, per source. Rams do not expect to decide on his status until pre-game warmups.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
2h
No positive COVID tests among playoff teams this morning, source said. All clear for divisional round..

sharpe1027
01-16-2021, 11:24 AM
We need to bring back the center who unties shoelaces. Can't remember his name. But we need to use every dirty trick in the book to stop Donald from decapitating Rodgers. Every chip block Williams throws his way needs to coincidentally land right in the injured rib area.

Evan Dietrich-Smith?

Fritz
01-16-2021, 11:27 AM
]We need to bring back the center who unties shoelaces. Can't remember his name.[/B] But we need to use every dirty trick in the book to stop Donald from decapitating Rodgers. Every chip block Williams throws his way needs to coincidentally land right in the injured rib area.

Frankie "Bag 'O Donuts" Winters.

I read an Acme Packing Company article by some numbnuts LA sports guy who thinks that Donald can and does single-handedly stop an offense, taking over the game, and does so until McVay can get the offense untracked. This writer thinks that the LA defense this year may be as he said "the defense of the century." Don't know if the guy is knowledgeable or just a super-homer, but he thinks if the Rams can run on the Packers it's game over. He thinks the Ram defense will shut down the Green Bay offense, period.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2021, 11:31 AM
So the LA equivalent of Tex huh? :lol:

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 11:38 AM
Evan Dietrich-Smith?

*dingdingdingdingding!*

https://www.nfl.com/news/ex-packer-old-schoolyard-shoelaces-trick-angered-lions-suh-09000d5d82513520

Good times.

Packers4Glory
01-16-2021, 12:26 PM
LOL. Donald has been smaller and shorter then everyone he has matched up against all season!!!!! If you think that’s why he won’t be effective then have another beer!!! He has made a career destroying larger men. The dude is a Fucken animal!!!! Good luck with that theory.

The man says he is doing “Full Normal Workouts” and say’s “He’s Good”. We’ll see!!!

He rates @ PFF @ “94.5”!!!!! Even at 70 percent(if that’s the case) he is better then Derek Brown!!!

Donald will need to be doubled. Period!!
calling Mr.Lewis...you're needed.

I expect to see him get a lot of snaps today

Fosco33
01-16-2021, 01:45 PM
Rams weakness on D is middle of field. Expect Bobby to have a big game. Maybe spread out Jones/Williams in passing game make slot corner cover them or exploit LB on them. That.....is what I see

24-13 Pack

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 02:01 PM
Frankie "Bag 'O Donuts" Winters.

I read an Acme Packing Company article by some numbnuts LA sports guy who thinks that Donald can and does single-handedly stop an offense, taking over the game, and does so until McVay can get the offense untracked. This writer thinks that the LA defense this year may be as he said "the defense of the century." Don't know if the guy is knowledgeable or just a super-homer, but he thinks if the Rams can run on the Packers it's game over. He thinks the Ram defense will shut down the Green Bay offense, period.

Dude, it's just media. He's laughing while he writes it. Do you take everything literally? All sports media is a fluff piece of distraction Propaganda. Everyone knows they aren't the best ever.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 02:05 PM
Lol.

At least I can punctuate, know when it is and isn't appropriate to capitalize and can write in complete sentences.

It's called typing with one finger on a phone. I'm texting. Not turning in some official paper. I'm not going to waste multiple minutes writing an essay, that would take just seconds to speak it.
But anyway.....
Have a nice day cheesehead!

smuggler
01-16-2021, 02:33 PM
Kupp not going to go, seems like. Even if he does, he's not going to be able to really contribute other than being a decoy. That will allow Jaire to lock onto Woods. Pretty rough for the Rams O.

smuggler
01-16-2021, 02:58 PM
Running AJ Dillon into Aaron Donald's ribs a dozen times probably makes this a pretty fun game for us and a pretty miserable game for the Rams. We'll see in an hour or so.

Zool
01-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Running AJ Dillon into Aaron Donald's ribs a dozen times probably makes this a pretty fun game for us and a pretty miserable game for the Rams. We'll see in an hour or so.

https://www.trapshooters.com/attachments/18ff4c57-fd02-4d37-aa72-3a7d0f22bdd0-gif.1576825/

GB-Brandon
01-16-2021, 03:15 PM
Kupp being out is huge for them and for us!!!! If they can’t run the ball they are in big trouble!!!

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 03:23 PM
It's called typing with one finger on a phone. I'm texting. Not turning in some official paper. I'm not going to waste multiple minutes writing an essay, that would take just seconds to speak it.
But anyway.....
Have a nice day cheesehead!

Scharpcheddar:

I can see you are working hard, your writing has really improved from the original post I replied to and this one. Remarkable! Keep up the good work!

However, your original use of the tu quoue argument remains unaddressed.

Please see me for office hours.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 07:01 PM
Scharpcheddar:

I can see you are working hard, your writing has really improved from the original post I replied to and this one. Remarkable! Keep up the good work!

However, your original use of the tu quoue argument remains unaddressed.

Please see me for office hours.

Ohhhhh phukkkkkkkk offfffffffffff lol

RashanGary
01-17-2021, 02:59 PM
So the LA equivalent of Tex huh? :lol:

This feels political :lol:

George Cumby
01-17-2021, 07:48 PM

Close.

Leeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins! did the wet work.

smuggler
01-17-2021, 10:35 PM
Thanks Jorge. I thought we might see a strong effort from the run game. Hopefully we can keep it going next weekend!

MadtownPacker
01-18-2021, 09:18 AM
This feels political :lol:Saying the Rams writer is a blind LA homer like Tex is for Packers is political? How the hell is that? It’s not and you are trying to twist things.

Deciding what does and doesn’t belong on here isn’t your problem. Worry about your own post instead of starting shit with no merit.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 11:47 AM
Saying the Rams writer is a blind LA homer like Tex is for Packers is political? How the hell is that? It’s not and you are trying to twist things.

Deciding what does and doesn’t belong on here isn’t your problem. Worry about your own post instead of starting shit with no merit.

I was fucking with you and with the fact that some posters are so political you can't say their names without sounding political

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-18-2021, 12:12 PM
Sucks to be missing keke in back to back weeks. But I guess a beat up Donald makes up for it. No excuses. Go pack go!

Yep, Aaron Donald being injured really helped kept Rodgers clean in the pocket. Hopefully the team can stay healthy for a few more games.

texaspackerbacker
01-18-2021, 01:18 PM
Saying the Rams writer is a blind LA homer like Tex is for Packers is political? How the hell is that? It’s not and you are trying to twist things.

It's actually religious - "Thou shalt not take my name in vain".