PDA

View Full Version : Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Joemailman
01-12-2021, 04:42 PM
Selection order (so far).Teams that lose this weekend will be 25-28.

1 Jacksonville 1-15 .549
2 NY Jets 2-14 .594
3 Miami (from Houston) 4-12 .541
4 Atlanta 4-12 .551
5 Cincinnati 4-11-1 .529
6 Philadelphia 4-11-1 .537
7 Detroit 5-11 .508
8 Carolina 5-11 .531
9 Denver 5-11 .566
10 Dallas 6-10 .471
11 NY Giants 6-10 .502
12 San Francisco 6-10 .549
13 LA Chargers 7-9 .482
14 Minnesota 7-9 .504
15 New England 7-9 .527
16 Arizona 8-8 .475
17 Las Vegas 8-8 .539
18 Miami 10-6 .467
19 Washington 7-9 .459
20 Chicago 8-8 .488
21 Indianapolis 11-5 .443
22 Tennessee 11-5 .475
23 NY Jets (from Seattle) 12-4 .447
24 Pittsburgh 12-4 .475

Joemailman
01-12-2021, 04:56 PM
There appear to be 4 QB's likely to go in the 1st round. Maybe 5 if somebody reaches for Mac Jones of Alabama. It appears the top 4 could go very early, in fact one mock draft has them going 1-4. https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-weissman-4.0

Packers picks in that mock are:

31. Terrace Marshall - WR - LSU https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/terrace-marshall-jr/BznkNXVGGC

63. Asante Samuel Jr. - CB - Florida St. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/asante-samuel-jr/ABMJTxziKd

GB-Brandon
01-12-2021, 05:46 PM
I like Marquez Stevenson better with the early pick:

https://youtu.be/jOPlvrt8WPI

Then I like Johnathan Adams later on day 3:

https://youtu.be/fKQJZPVUkWk

That would probably get Rodgers to the 60 TD threshold!!!

RashanGary
01-12-2021, 07:04 PM
Lots of linebackers in the first two rounds this year. Barnes looks like an obvious long term starter at mike. An every down 225 poound hybrid would make a lot of sense in the first or second round. A guy who can really cover and still play legit run defense.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Shit I was feeling confident about this weekend.

Joemailman
01-12-2021, 08:33 PM
Jets situation will be interesting. After Jags take Lawrence, Jets can take a QB to replace Sam Darnold, draft OT Penei Sewell, or trade down. They already have picks #2, 23 and #34.

RashanGary
01-12-2021, 10:38 PM
I think darnold might be alright. Jets should take the OT. But they don't want to win. They'll take fields, a guy I'm not overly impressed with.

run pMc
01-13-2021, 07:46 AM
If you have a QB, especially a young high R1 pick, you gotta protect them with a good OL.
I don't understand teams that don't. Joe Burrow was getting killed, and Darnold has been running for his life since he left the stage with Goodell. Having Gase as your coach probably doesn't help either. Someone mentioned that if Darnold walks, he'd be a great fit in SF, and I tend to agree.

As for draft picks, looking forward to all the evaluations. I'm also very curious to see how salary cap cuts impact things. I expect Jones, Linsley and King to walk in FA, and I think they might cut Kirksey and Preston. IDK about Wagner, since they don't really have much at OT until Bahk returns from IR/PUP. All those roster moves mean they need replacements who can start, which is a tall order but they have K.Martin, R.Gary, and A.J.Dillon, and can probably find someone (Jenkins, Patrick, Hansen) to be ok at C. Getting Funchess might mean no more Malik Taylor, but they need more at WR than Davante, and I'd like them to draft and develop Davante's eventual successor if possible.

SudsMcBucky
01-13-2021, 09:20 AM
If I'm the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets, I'm drafting that MF'er Devonta Smith and not thinking twice about it. He'd make Darnold look like Joe freaking Montana. Paired with Mims, that's a hell of a WR room to work with. Then, I'd go heavy OL in the middle rounds.

bobblehead
01-13-2021, 09:52 AM
There appear to be 4 QB's likely to go in the 1st round. Maybe 5 if somebody reaches for Mac Jones of Alabama. It appears the top 4 could go very early, in fact one mock draft has them going 1-4. https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-weissman-4.0

Packers picks in that mock are:

31. Terrace Marshall - WR - LSU https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/terrace-marshall-jr/BznkNXVGGC

63. Asante Samuel Jr. - CB - Florida St. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/asante-samuel-jr/ABMJTxziKd

Marshall is on my short list of picks. I have been pimping "let jones walk and draft Harris/Ettienne" as well. But there are a couple of defensive prospects that fill a need at DT/ILB as well. Samuel will be long gone by the time we pick.

bobblehead
01-13-2021, 09:55 AM
I think darnold might be alright. Jets should take the OT. But they don't want to win. They'll take fields, a guy I'm not overly impressed with.

Urban Meyer goes to Jags and talks front office into drafting Fields....now that would be awesome!!

run pMc
01-13-2021, 12:31 PM
Marshall is on my short list of picks. I have been pimping "let jones walk and draft Harris/Ettienne" as well. But there are a couple of defensive prospects that fill a need at DT/ILB as well. Samuel will be long gone by the time we pick.

I wouldn't mind Marshall, but I think Gute goes with an OL and DL early. Snacks won't be back and Lowry could get cut which leaves them looking light there, and Bahk won't be back until mid-season at best so unless they want to go with Turner/Wagner they will have to get another OT (which they will need anyway, Njiman still seems a ways off from seeing snaps against Khalil Mack et al.).
Samuel might last until then; seems like he's a little small and might be slot only. I'm not sure Gute would want two little guys in Jaire and Asante Jr. at CB. They do need another CB, so who knows. My early guess is someone like the Newsome kid from Northwestern (because MuRpHy) but I haven't really looked at CBs yet.

I expect a couple players walk in FA and a few get cut; guys on the roster will have to step up, and the remaining areas will be filled via draft/cheap FA.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 10:32 AM
Right now all things considered I would go

Round 1. Daviyon Nixon DT/DE Iowa

Round 2. Marquez Stevenson WR Houston

Those two picks would immediately upgrade the two biggest weaknesses on the roster.

RashanGary
01-14-2021, 11:27 AM
Right now all things considered I would go

Round 1. Daviyon Nixon DT/DE Iowa

Round 2. Marquez Stevenson WR Houston

Those two picks would immediately upgrade the two biggest weaknesses on the roster.

I never complain about DTs. Ever.

bobblehead
01-14-2021, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't mind Marshall, but I think Gute goes with an OL and DL early. Snacks won't be back and Lowry could get cut which leaves them looking light there, and Bahk won't be back until mid-season at best so unless they want to go with Turner/Wagner they will have to get another OT (which they will need anyway, Njiman still seems a ways off from seeing snaps against Khalil Mack et al.).
Samuel might last until then; seems like he's a little small and might be slot only. I'm not sure Gute would want two little guys in Jaire and Asante Jr. at CB. They do need another CB, so who knows. My early guess is someone like the Newsome kid from Northwestern (because MuRpHy) but I haven't really looked at CBs yet.

I expect a couple players walk in FA and a few get cut; guys on the roster will have to step up, and the remaining areas will be filled via draft/cheap FA.

So basically we should draft BPA :) Which is what I always support anyway...unless BPA is a QB.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2021, 03:16 PM
Has anything been said that Bakhtiari will be out until mid-season? I tend to doubt it takes that long.

I like the idea of a D Lineman early, maybe first, but I'm not sure the Iowa guy is the best one. I'm also not sure Snacks won't be back, especially if he does ok this season.

I've said previously, Corner would be my top choice for the first round, and I don't think "small" is much of a liability when you consider Jaire as prototype small compared to King as prototype "big". There are hardly any lapses in coverage from Jaire and a whole lot from King. Of course, they better do their homework (or get lucky) and get another Jaire, not a Terrell Buckley type small.

Also, I don't see much in this thread about ILB. In past years, I've been negative on drafting one high, but my mind has been changed on that by what the Niners and a couple of other teams have done against us with good ILBs. Shitcan Kirksey and find somebody good to pair with Barnes.

Also, again this year, I say we don't need a high pick of a WR. This guy Stevenson may be good, but we've got quality and quantity there enough already.

run pMc
01-14-2021, 03:16 PM
So basically we should draft BPA :) Which is what I always support anyway...unless BPA is a QB.

LOL Yeah, I'm in the BPA camp believe it or not. I think you have to consider draft depth and roster too, but BPA is the thing.
I would be disappointed and stunned if they drafted a QB this year. They have other needs with Boyle and Love as theoretical backups anyway. Gute's job will be making the rest of the team better.

I'm hearing some say the WR crop is almost as good (or as good) as last years, I'm wondering if they just mean the top-end talent? Not sure about the mid/late round guys.
Seems like there are some good RB this year too.

run pMc
01-14-2021, 03:19 PM
Has anything been said that Bakhtiari will be out until mid-season? I tend to doubt it takes that long.

I'm just assuming he'll start TC on the PUP since he blew out his ACL in Week 16 and it takes 9-12 months if you're lucky and diligent. Optimistically speaking, that means they bring him back mid season for practice and give him 2-3 weeks to shake off the rust before starting.

texaspackerbacker
01-14-2021, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking closer to the 9 end of 9-12 for an OT. Speed and cutting ability ain't quite as important as for a WR or RB. He may be less than 100% until mid season or so, but if the guy is nearly as good as so many in here seem to think, 80% of him ought to be plenty good enough.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 07:12 PM

I like the idea of a D Lineman early, maybe first, but I'm not sure the Iowa guy is the best one. I'm also not sure Snacks won't be back, especially if he does ok this season.

I've said previously, Corner would be my top choice for the first round, and I don't think "small" is much of a liability when you consider Jaire as prototype small compared to King as prototype "big". There are hardly any lapses in coverage from Jaire and a whole lot from King. Of course, they better do their homework (or get lucky) and get another Jaire, not a Terrell Buckley type small.

Also, I don't see much in this thread about ILB. In past years, I've been negative on drafting one high, but my mind has been changed on that by what the Niners and a couple of other teams have done against us with good ILBs. Shitcan Kirksey and find somebody good to pair with Barnes.

Also, again this year, I say we don't need a high pick of a WR. This guy Stevenson may be good, but we've got quality and quantity there enough already.

In a weaker draft overall for DL the Iowa kid would probably be our only hope where we will be picking. I like him because he has lots of versatility and provides play against both the run game and and as a pass rusher. Many believe he is the heart and soul of that Iowa front seven.

GB-Brandon
01-14-2021, 07:27 PM
You can’t just do BPA and draft 10 Corners for example. Especially when your a team on the last year or two competing for a title. You have to finish the puzzle. You also have to factor in Future contracts and who your going to sign and who you aren’t etc.

Stevenson would bring new blood to a receiver room that has nobody signed past 2021 and is also the exact type of dynamic weapon this offense needs. His versatility could be used in a variety of ways that the Lafluer offense desires. He is a more complete weapon then just a vertical threat. We are going to need to pick up chunk plays for somewhere from losing Jones. Stevenson could be just the ticket in this LaFluer offense while he develops as an all around receiver opposite Adams. We will most likely have to trade up in 2nd to get him which would be well worth it. Kinda like the chiefs did with Mercole Hardman. It’s a slam dunk pick for AR12 and this offense!!

run pMc
01-15-2021, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I hope they draft a WR. Their offense has been very good this year, but every season is different.

bobblehead
01-15-2021, 09:54 AM
You can’t just do BPA and draft 10 Corners for example. Especially when your a team on the last year or two competing for a title. You have to finish the puzzle. You also have to factor in Future contracts and who your going to sign and who you aren’t etc.

Stevenson would bring new blood to a receiver room that has nobody signed past 2021 and is also the exact type of dynamic weapon this offense needs. His versatility could be used in a variety of ways that the Lafluer offense desires. He is a more complete weapon then just a vertical threat. We are going to need to pick up chunk plays for somewhere from losing Jones. Stevenson could be just the ticket in this LaFluer offense while he develops as an all around receiver opposite Adams. We will most likely have to trade up in 2nd to get him which would be well worth it. Kinda like the chiefs did with Mercole Hardman. It’s a slam dunk pick for AR12 and this offense!!

You certainly can go BPA. You never have too much talent anywhere. No such thing. In an era of 3 year contracts you are an injury and a season away from strength becoming weakness and vice versa. There is a not a position on this team that can't use an upgrade. If there is a glaring hole you sign a reliable vet as an insurance against young talent stepping up. That is what they did at WR before he sat out the season. That is what they should do at CB this year if king doesn't re sign.

Hell, its exactly what happened at RT this year. You sign a guy who can survive, but deep down you hope a young guy plays better.

GB-Brandon
01-15-2021, 11:21 AM
You certainly can go BPA. You never have too much talent anywhere. No such thing. In an era of 3 year contracts you are an injury and a season away from strength becoming weakness and vice versa. There is a not a position on this team that can't use an upgrade. If there is a glaring hole you sign a reliable vet as an insurance against young talent stepping up. That is what they did at WR before he sat out the season. That is what they should do at CB this year if king doesn't re sign.

Hell, its exactly what happened at RT this year. You sign a guy who can survive, but deep down you hope a young guy plays better.

They haven’t drafted a single receiver in three years man.

Jaire
01-15-2021, 01:03 PM
Looks like BPA will be WR and OT in early rounds, and we need both.

This looks like a deeper draft. In retrospect, last years draft class looks really weak.

run pMc
01-15-2021, 02:22 PM

They are overdue. J'Mon Moore flaming out so badly was a shame.

run pMc
01-15-2021, 02:24 PM
Looks like BPA will be WR and OT in early rounds, and we need both.

This looks like a deeper draft. In retrospect, last years draft class looks really weak.

Has someone done a look at which areas are deepest, i.e,. the quality of that depth at different positions? I suppose until the deadline to declare is reached it's hard to say.

Agree we need OT and WR talent on offense. I think CB and DL help on D too.

Jaire
01-15-2021, 05:45 PM
That's what I meant. WR and OT look pretty deep. DL not so much.

run pMc
01-16-2021, 12:02 AM
That's what I meant. WR and OT look pretty deep. DL not so much.

Yeah, those are areas I think they need to build future depth.

As for Marquez Stevenson, love his YAC and that he goes 0-60 in a hiccup. Could be a monster out of the slot and on shallow crossers, or as an alternative to MVS on deep routes. Definitely not a natural hands catcher and his route running is very raw but you could replace Ervin or Malik Taylor with him. At 6'0" 190 he's a little small for a Gute WR, and he has a bit of an injury history. Feels like an early Day 3 pick to me, but combine and other events could change that. Looks like he was born to play (and thrive) for KC, or get drafted (and ruined) by CHI.

bobblehead
01-16-2021, 09:15 AM

And I would have no problem if the right guy fell to us at 32 and we take one. Or if we take one in the 2nd. But I don't want to take a 2nd round talent in the 1st when a top 15 talent fell to us at 32. I want the best player we can get. If we need a WR sign one of the many who will be FA this season. I have pimped for Cory Davis, but also in the market will be Allen Robinson, Will Fuller, Curtis Samuel, JuJu Smith, Nelson Aguilar, Chris Godwin, and Kenny Golladay. Now there is a nice mix of alphas and #2s. Can you imagine Godwin lining up across from Devante! But even if we land ZERO WR yet again, the guys we got aren't bad because they are lead by Adams which single handedly makes a WR room top half of the league.

run pMc
01-16-2021, 10:33 AM
And I would have no problem if the right guy fell to us at 32 and we take one. Or if we take one in the 2nd. But I don't want to take a 2nd round talent in the 1st when a top 15 talent fell to us at 32. I want the best player we can get. If we need a WR sign one of the many who will be FA this season. I have pimped for Cory Davis, but also in the market will be Allen Robinson, Will Fuller, Curtis Samuel, JuJu Smith, Nelson Aguilar, Chris Godwin, and Kenny Golladay. Now there is a nice mix of alphas and #2s. Can you imagine Godwin lining up across from Devante! But even if we land ZERO WR yet again, the guys we got aren't bad because they are lead by Adams which single handedly makes a WR room top half of the league.

Agree with this take: I want the best player they can get.
Also, I was stunned they didn't draft a WR and would be doubly so this year. A few things to consider though: they signed Begelton and Funchess instead, and they went after E.Sanders and inquired mid-season about a few others (incl. W.Fuller) so you know they see it as an area to improve. I think they will be active in searching for more WR talent this offseason. There are just too many signs of it needing to happen.
Reaching for any player is not ideal from a value perspective, but if you reach for someone who turns into an All-Pro it might not matter. It's better if you draft them without reaching though.

GB-Brandon
01-16-2021, 11:11 AM
Yeah, those are areas I think they need to build future depth.

As for Marquez Stevenson, love his YAC and that he goes 0-60 in a hiccup. Could be a monster out of the slot and on shallow crossers, or as an alternative to MVS on deep routes. Definitely not a natural hands catcher and his route running is very raw but you could replace Ervin or Malik Taylor with him. At 6'0" 190 he's a little small for a Gute WR, and he has a bit of an injury history. Feels like an early Day 3 pick to me, but combine and other events could change that. Looks like he was born to play (and thrive) for KC, or get drafted (and ruined) by CHI.

Your not getting Stevenson on day 3.(I do have a bucket list of day 3 options) Stevenson is easily a top 10 receiver prospect coming out and some have him as high as top 5. He is an “A+“ athlete so his combine will propel his draft stock. It’s gonna take a trade up in the 2nd or a trade back out of 1st to land him. Too many teams covet what he brings to the table with his only knock being size and playing in the American Athletic. To me Stevenson is kinda the WR version of Jaire Alexander. A bit undersized but just too much talent to pass up. He is just such a natural talent with the ball in his hands. As far as being fluid he gets a “10”. He is Smooth as Silk. This is the type of guy Ted Thompson gobbles up!!! A huge “Value Pick” in the 2nd round!!! He is literally the “Missing Piece” in this offense.

Lots to work with on Stevenson.

GB-Brandon
01-16-2021, 11:14 AM

And if they make a big FA move we can re-address. I’m not holding my breath as Gute seems to be the type that is in on “Every Move” but the offers made are just Smoke with no clear chance of actually getting or landing a real deal.

QBME
01-16-2021, 08:12 PM
OK, let’s get this straight...the NFL Draft is rigged!!

run pMc
01-16-2021, 08:35 PM
Stevenson is easily a top 10 receiver prospect coming out and some have him as high as top 5.
You might be the only one. CBS Sports, Draft Network, PFF, and a few others don't have him top 10. CBS Sports didn't even have him in their top 150.
I'm not saying the guy is no good, but I think he's probably a reach in the first two rounds. I could see someone taking him in R4 or R5 for sure (i.e., Day 3).
Chase, Smith, Waddle, Bateman, Marshall, St.Brown, Olave, Rondale Moore, Tylan Wallace, Sage Surratt, Elijah Moore all rated better at this point. Lotta time between now and April.

I do like he gets YAC and accelerates in a blink to top speed -- he's got traits you can work with. He's a project and I think you can get those in Day 3, especially if there's the WR depth that's being claimed.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 02:49 PM
You might be the only one. CBS Sports, Draft Network, PFF, and a few others don't have him top 10. CBS Sports didn't even have him in their top 150.
I'm not saying the guy is no good, but I think he's probably a reach in the first two rounds. I could see someone taking him in R4 or R5 for sure (i.e., Day 3).
Chase, Smith, Waddle, Bateman, Marshall, St.Brown, Olave, Rondale Moore, Tylan Wallace, Sage Surratt, Elijah Moore all rated better at this point. Lotta time between now and April.

I do like he gets YAC and accelerates in a blink to top speed -- he's got traits you can work with. He's a project and I think you can get those in Day 3, especially if there's the WR depth that's being claimed.

CBS I think is a joke early on. Walter has him No.6 overall. It’s really weird right now cause of covid etc. He will be top 10 if not higher after combine etc etc and all those things shake out. “triple A+ Athlete”. You can take that to the bank!!

He has some things you simply can’t teach. The fluid movement and open hips along with elite speed!!

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021WR.php

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 02:54 PM

He is everything you wanted MVS to be!!!!!!

Joemailman
01-23-2021, 09:21 PM
A bit off topic, but report that Matt Stafford wants to be traded. Doesn't want to start over with a new coach. Bears? Colts? Saints?
Lions would have 19M dead money and gain 14M salary cap room. Team that trades for him would pay him 20M.

texaspackerbacker
01-23-2021, 09:30 PM
Explain please. I thought dead money hurt cap room, not give a gain.

Joemailman
01-23-2021, 09:51 PM
Explain please. I thought dead money hurt cap room, not give a gain.

His cap hit in 2021 would be 33M. If they trade him, his cap hit will be 19M.

call_me_ishmael
01-23-2021, 10:22 PM
Good for Matt Stafford, he is too good of a player for Detroit and has clearly put in the effort, played injured, etc. Hope he ends up at a quality org. Hopefully not SF because they would be way too dangerous.

Jaire
01-23-2021, 10:28 PM
It's San Fran.

That's by far the best place for him. It's a no brainer. Rumor is they are working a 3 way deal with NE already.

GB-Brandon
01-23-2021, 10:50 PM
Let’s please not ruin this thread with this.

Thank You!!

Jaire
01-23-2021, 11:09 PM

That's not how BPA works. Usually there are a number of players on the same tier. You take one of your guys. You also move up and down to take your receiver (like Jordy and Jennings).

Interesting tidbit Brandt revealed: TT had targeted Jennings for weeks; the whole FO was sworn to secrecy and knew 3 weeks ahead of the draft. Some secrecy: doesn't even reveal it til after TT passes away. That's a tight lipped FO. Gute's is a little less.

Anyways, I guarantee that they know who they want at WR in round one, round 2, and round 3.

They also have plans for OT.

Those are the 2 positions I am sure of just because of need and depth in this draft. We needed them last year. We need them still this year (and there are just fewer holes now). They should be able to get some of "their" guys at both positions and I think they have an extra 4 &5 this year.

The thing about BPA is it only works if you fill holes in FA (like Gute does and TT didn't). Then you aren't FORCED to reach at a position of need which happened waaaaay to often with previous regime.

GB-Brandon
01-23-2021, 11:19 PM
That's not how BPA works. Usually there are a number of players on the same tier. You take one of your guys. You also move up and down to take your receiver (like Jordy and Jennings).

Interesting tidbit Brandt revealed: TT had targeted Jennings for weeks; the whole FO was sworn to secrecy and knew 3 weeks ahead of the draft. Some secrecy: doesn't even reveal it til after TT passes away. That's a tight lipped FO. Gute's is a little less.

Anyways, I guarantee that they know who they want at WR in round one, round 2, and round 3.

They also have plans for OT.

Those are the 2 positions I am sure of just because of need and depth in this draft. We needed them last year. We need them still this year (and there are just fewer holes now). They should be able to get some of "their" guys at both positions and I think they have an extra 4 &5 this year.

The thing about BPA is it only works if you fill holes in FA (like Gute does and TT didn't). Then you aren't FORCED to reach at a position of need which happened waaaaay to often with previous regime.

I would agree with this.

GB-Brandon
01-23-2021, 11:33 PM
If your the Jacksonville Jaguars your gonna look at “BPA” differently. When your sitting there rebuilding the entire roster you truly are gonna want to take the best guy you can get regardless of position. A guy that can help by being a building block on your roster.

When your a contender like the Packers and the coaching staff and franchise QB is asking and begging for a piece for the offense that will make the offense unstoppable and greatly improve the odds of delivering a championship then Fuck BPA. The GM should not be hasty or reckless but should be aggressive and do what is necessary to the make that happen!!!

“BPA” should be then used in the sense in getting the best available player to fill that “missing piece.”

Jaire
01-24-2021, 04:21 AM
Which missing piece?

The RT? The DT? Ilb? Lots of missing pieces.

Offense isn't doing to shabby at #1 in points. That defense has a few pieces it could use. And what seems strong one moment can be a weak point the next. Can never have enough pass rushers or dbs.

And Arizona all these years with Fitz and that high flying offense never got her done. Nor Atlanta. Nor did Brady in 2007 when he finally got his "PIECE." Afterwards the "piece" became an afterthought and he won 3 without any "piece."

Jaire
01-24-2021, 08:20 AM
Chew on this my friend:

Would you rather have Davante Adams or the top DT in the league. Calais Campbell, JJ Watt, AD, Cox (your choice) in their prime OR Davante? They cost the same. (Ain't that crazy?)

Which piece gets us a ring more certainly?

bobblehead
01-24-2021, 09:24 AM
Let’s please not ruin this thread with this.

Thank You!!

Said the guy who ruined Literally EVERY thread in the offseason by bring it back to "whaaaaa....Gutes sucks, we need a WR....whaaaaa"

bobblehead
01-24-2021, 09:26 AM
If your the Jacksonville Jaguars your gonna look at “BPA” differently. When your sitting there rebuilding the entire roster you truly are gonna want to take the best guy you can get regardless of position. A guy that can help by being a building block on your roster.

When your a contender like the Packers and the coaching staff and franchise QB is asking and begging for a piece for the offense that will make the offense unstoppable and greatly improve the odds of delivering a championship then Fuck BPA. The GM should not be hasty or reckless but should be aggressive and do what is necessary to the make that happen!!!

“BPA” should be then used in the sense in getting the best available player to fill that “missing piece.”

If one guy stands out as "having slipped" you always take him. If you have a guy ranked as a top 15 prospect and he slips to 32 you take him. Regardless of position (except QB if you have a Rodgers and now Love). If you pass on that guy because you have a good player at that position you handicap yourself.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 10:43 AM
Chew on this my friend:

Would you rather have Davante Adams or the top DT in the league. Calais Campbell, JJ Watt, AD, Cox (your choice) in their prime OR Davante? They cost the same. (Ain't that crazy?)

Which piece gets us a ring more certainly?

Obviously Adams but we never really had a realistic chance at Donald though so it’s a mute point. I like the dialogue but I’m really focused on this game and this run. I have a bunch of emotion and $ tied up in it with both the Packers and Bills. I do have a draft board I’m working on and we will have plenty of draft talk coming up soon. I just can’t go that deep into this right now.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 10:49 AM
If one guy stands out as "having slipped" you always take him. If you have a guy ranked as a top 15 prospect and he slips to 32 you take him. Regardless of position (except QB if you have a Rodgers and now Love). If you pass on that guy because you have a good player at that position you handicap yourself.

This can be true but there are also several variables such as “Why is that player dropping?” Such as the LB from Alabama a few years back, “Reuben Foster” or Oklahoma Sooner “Joe Mixon”. There is also players that drop due to injury such as “Jeffery Simmons” or “Sidney Jones” or “Bryce Love”

So generally there are reasons or red flags why a player has dropped. The Packers don’t usually take chances on these types of players.

Jaire
01-24-2021, 01:26 PM
Obviously Adams but we never really had a realistic chance at Donald though so it’s a mute point. I like the dialogue but I’m really focused on this game and this run. I have a bunch of emotion and $ tied up in it with both the Packers and Bills. I do have a draft board I’m working on and we will have plenty of draft talk coming up soon. I just can’t go that deep into this right now.

I guess I'm saying IF there was a choice between the #1 DT (flavor of choice) and the #1 WR, the DT is a no brainer.

Are you saying you would take Davante?

(You can answer after the game or next week. No rush. 😉 )

Jaire
01-24-2021, 01:27 PM

Yes!!!!

And what's better is Gute will move up to grab a guy and not just "hope" someone falls. They usually don't. We won't be settling for Datone again (hopefully). Gotta get the blue and gold chips early.

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 06:59 PM
Let king and Jones go (unless Jones can be had for 10 or less)
Cut Preston
Make a decision on Kirksey (who really came on in his will role) after draft
Let Williams go (unless Jones goes and he's 5 or less)
Keep Wagner

Corner is a need
ILB probably a need
OT is a moderate need
DT is always a need for every team
WR is a need
RB is probably a need
If a safety is there early Amos can play alongside Barnes

You can kinds take BPA and not fail. Really good corners go at the end of round 1. If we went Corner 1 then maybe DT 2, our defense has a chance.

King Friday
01-24-2021, 07:12 PM
I think Jones will be gone. He's a great player, but paying top dollar at RB has proven to be a bad bet in recent years. His choice of agent basically tells you where this is going. I would keep Williams, as he is one of the best 3rd down backs in football and won't break the bank. Would pair well with Dillon.

Draft should be heavy on defense this year. I don't think this team is going to be seeking a WR high. A slot guy would be nice, and you don't have to grab that guy in the first 50 picks. OL depth will be found in the draft.

Teamcheez1
01-24-2021, 07:14 PM
Do we pick at 29 or 30?

Joemailman
01-24-2021, 07:19 PM
Do we pick at 29 or 30?

Depends on what the Chiefs do. 30 if Chiefs win. 29 if they lose.

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 07:26 PM
OL, DL, LB, CB all have a guy or two who could go around pick 30. Lots of 2nd round receiver possibilities. I'm guessing WR in round 2 because of depth. First round pick will be BPA (non qb) I'm sure.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 07:31 PM
OL, DL, LB, CB all have a guy or two who could go around pick 30. Lots of 2nd round receiver possibilities. I'm guessing WR in round 2 because of depth. First round pick will be BPA (non qb) I'm sure.

We don’t need a receiver for “Depth” dude. Whether we draft one or get one in FA we need another guy that can beat tight press. Your little homer boys can’t!!!

Joemailman
01-24-2021, 08:02 PM
If King is gone, CB is the Packers biggest need. I mean, who would you put in there?

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 08:21 PM
If King is gone, CB is the Packers biggest need. I mean, who would you put in there?

I agree. OT sucks too with bakh not being back to start the season. But longer term that ones ok. Sullivan just isn't fast enough and Jackson and hollman look like they don't belong. We need a starting corner. Bad. King just never figured it out and we can't afford to keep an expensive liability.

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 08:06 AM
Depends on what the Chiefs do. 30 if Chiefs win. 29 if they lose.

I was wrong. Packers pick 29th. Bills pick 30th.

Last time the Packers picked 29th was 2003. Pick was Nick Barnett.

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 09:19 AM
This guy might be an interesting 2nd or 3rd round pick possibility.

D'WAYNE ESKRIDGE
WR, Western Michigan
RS Senior

5'9"
190 lbs

D'Wayne Eskridge is a former defensive back that transitioned back and forth between the two positions due to injuries on the roster and other players transferring from the program. He had high-end production despite not being able to settle into a position until his final season. Eskridge is a well-developed wideout that has the mentality of a defensive player. With strong hands and a seasoned route tree, he’s capable of playing on the inside or outside. Also a mainstay on special teams, he’s a prospect that will be on every special teams unit—not only as a returner, but as a hustle man on both kickoff and punt groups. A vicious and high effort run blocker, he has bone-crushing blocks on the perimeter and doesn’t take plays off if the ball isn’t in his hands.

Ideal Role: Developmental No. 3 wide receiver.

Scheme Fit: No. 3 wide receiver with the potential to turn into a consistent No. 2 or slot option. Eskridge can be a Day 1 starter as a returner on kickoffs or punts.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 11:39 AM
I just wouldn’t consider corner a “Huge Need.” We’ve been chasing corners for years and it hasn’t really helped overall. The Chiefs are getting away with Bashaud Breeland at corner. We need a new D coordinator and stop gap boundary corner. It’s not that big a deal!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 11:44 AM
The main needs remain the same as last year. We have to put someone next to Kenny Clark to finish off the front to make it dominate creating better pass rush and shutting down run game!!

We need the “Missing Piece” in the LaFluer offense so the playbook can be expanded and we can match up better against certain defenses.

Probably a RB and depth at corner and OL. We will have to see what happens in free agency and what even happens with Rodgers!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 11:59 AM
You could probably give Jalen Ramsey to Mike Pettine and it still wouldn’t matter!!!

Pettine would still find a way to Fuck It Up!!

He is worse then Capers so if the plan is to keep Pettine then don’t even waste your time drafting anybody on defense!

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 01:47 PM
There will not be a Combine as we've known it.

On January 18th, the NFL released the latest news regarding the 2021 NFL Combine. They announced that there will be no in-person workouts. Instead, any workouts will take place on college campuses on individual pro days.

The NFL is still finalizing the plans surrounding medicals. In the recent update, the NFL indicated it will likely involve virtual interviews by the medical staff of teams and testing being performed at facilities near the invited prospect’s residence. However, for a certain number of prospects, there will be regional sites. Each club is permitted to send one physician and one athletic trainer to conduct the medical examinations.

Leading up to the 2021 NFL Draft, prospects will be scheduled for media interviews with NFL and club media, and NFL-affiliated broadcast partners. Additionally, the NFL will be asking colleges to conduct virtual media availability with Combine invitees.

Teams have also been asked to ensure that head coaches and/or general managers are made available to the media, as they would have been at the combine.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Wow. I was wondering how they would do this. This really hurts a guy like Gute who relies so much on the “Underwear Olympics” to put together his picks.

Not sure what he is gonna do now that he has to actually watch tape!!!!!

Deputy Nutz
01-26-2021, 09:53 AM
So I got no Idea who should be drafted or when they should be drafted. I haven't even started to look at big boards or began to think about putting one together myself. This post will be more pointed at what and where the Packers should look to spend draft capital in 2021.

QB - Packers might be regretting their move last year in drafting Jordan Love. Sure, he could have benefited more than any one from a full off season and the pre season. He is raw and simply far behind the curve of being ready to play any time soon. I don't see the Packers spending draft picks on this position in 2021

RB - Packers are going to lose pieces of their "3 head monster" running attack, but thoughtful thinking in 2020 taking Dillion in the second round my prevent a drop off in 2021. I don't see a situation where Jones returns, and Williams may hit the tracks with him. The Packers could look to the draft especially if there is value at RB at just about any round. I can also see them signing a veteran to a 1 year contract or extending a short term offer to a back like Melvin Gordon.

TE - The last two draft have seen the Packers take a TE in the 3rd round with very little production and a lot of injuries to show for it. Robert Tonyan is an All Pro quality TE and looks to be a focal point of this offense. The Packers ask a lot of their TE group when it comes to blocking and that is why Lewis has stayed around for so many years. I can see the Packers hanging on to Lewis for another year. I just don't see this as a position of need unless value pops up in the middle to late rounds.

OL- The Packers looked good in pass pro without Bakhtiari until they didn't. I don't think depth is an issue for them unless they don't resign Lindsey. Then they might have to look at a replacement on the interior sooner rather than later. They have pieces which is nice and it shouldn't be a massive concern if they don't address this position until later in the draft.

WR - This position was a bit of a concern heading into 2020, especially since the Packers went through two strong receiver drafts in a row without taking a receiver. They need to be done with St. Brown, and continue to add talent to this group. I think they have a strong top three as long as Lazard stays healthy, and MVS continues to hold on to the football. They lack a solid 4th and 5th receiver in this group but the Packers rarely rely on 4 or 5 receiver sets, they manage empty sets with Tonyan and one of their backs as the 4th and 5th receivers. The Packers have high expectations when it comes to blocking and size for this position. They don't need to do anything drastic with this position but they may need to address it at some point in the draft.

DB - Yikes was King bad on Sunday and fighting through a back injury isn't an excuse at this level. His technique has always been below average, his tackling has been no better than poor, and his ball skills would rate as poor as well. The Packers need to find a replacement and it should be their top priority. Sullivan is not a inside cover guy and should be a back up on the outside, I don't think he has the talent to be the starter but he was exposed often as the nickel. Amos just doesn't cover well enough for me and isn't fast enough on his reads, I think the Packers could look to upgrade. Free agent corners cost too much money so I would expect them to look long and hard during the draft process for a corner with the ability to come in and possibly start right away. I don't see the Packers replacing King with anyone currently on the roster

ILB - This position has been an issue with this front office. A good defense has to be strong up the middle and the Packers just don't have the right combination of talent and skill any where on their roster. They have made some bone headed decision in the past two drafts to fill this position of need and it has exposed the defense in the run and defending the intermediate passing game. I don't see this front office doing anything special to fill the large hole in the middle of this defense and its a bit frightening that they seem not to really care.

OLB - Preston Smith is a nice player and all, but the Packers could move on and save some cap dollars this off season. If they do move on they would have to spend some draft capital to groom an young player, they Packers need to be three deep at this position. Gary looked good this season and Z. Smith looks like an All-Pro at times and then disappears at times. Gary is better against the run then either of the two Smiths.

DT - I thought the Dline was a bit thin this year but Lancaster and Lowry both played decent and Kingsley played well in his second year. Kenny Clark is at times unblockable in both the pass set and run set. resigning him was a good move. The Packers could afford to add one more piece to this group. It would make the job of the pass rushers and inside linebackers much easier if they invested a big piece of the draft into the interior defensive line.

Joemailman
01-26-2021, 10:32 AM
I think you're exactly right on DB. Of the 3 starters they might lose in FA (King, Jones, Linsley), King is the one they're least equipped to replace with the current roster. I'm not too worried about Linsley. They could move Jenkins there and not miss a thing, or move Patrick there and be pretty solid. With their extra picks in Rounds 4-6, they should be able to find a RB worth drafting.

call_me_ishmael
01-26-2021, 10:49 AM
I really think 37 and Kevin King are the same person. No functional difference. Both kinda stink. I'd like to see what 37 could do.

It's too early for me to get into the draft, but I think they will likely do something like this:

2 OT
2 CB
1 WR
1 RB
1 OLB

Joemailman
01-26-2021, 10:54 AM
I really think 37 and Kevin King are the same person. No functional difference. Both kinda stink. I'd like to see what 37 could do.

It's too early for me to get into the draft, but I think they will likely do something like this:

2 OT
2 CB
1 WR
1 RB
1 OLB

They're also expected to have 3 comp picks, either 4, 5 and 6 round, or 2 4's and a 6.

Upnorth
01-26-2021, 11:00 AM
Does snacks factor into our draft at all? How cheap can we get him?

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 01:58 PM

2 OT
2 CB
1 WR
1 RB
1 OLB

Weirdly, Jackson might not be much of a drop off. I always hoped king would put it together because he flashed but he never did. I expect the packers to drop off a little next year. 11-5 maybe. Shake up with the covid cap the packers have a chance to stay strong with less change than most teams and a decent contingency with the change that does come. But being elite, unless some real lucky growth happens, I just don't know. Another year of being in it but not winning it most likely.

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 02:02 PM
You can't lose Jones, Williams, Lindsley, Preston, Kirksey and King due to covid cap issues and expect to be fine.

Tonyan, Lizard, Dillon, Josh Jackson, Gary, Keke, Savage, Runyan, Deguara, Dafney, Sullivan, Barnes, Martin and others will have to take nice steps forward to account for all of that roster turn over. It's possible to stay about the same with some breaks. Outside of pure luck, I don't see us getting much better though.

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 02:05 PM
Bakh should be back in October. Probably never 100% next year. Ugh, just not an ideal start to 2021 with the covid cap and the injury to one of our top 3 or 4 players

call_me_ishmael
01-26-2021, 02:29 PM
Almost every team is in the same boat, no?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Most of the teams on the low end have at least one or more player they need to deal with. I don't think there are more than a handful of teams flush with space.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 02:33 PM
Jackson has issues man. You guys don’t have a clue!

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Almost every team is in the same boat, no?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Most of the teams on the low end have at least one or more player they need to deal with. I don't think there are more than a handful of teams flush with space.

True. It will be weird to see play out. The team's with a ton of space should get better. The team's with no space worse.

The Giants are a team I follow because of my son. They have easy cuts to open up space. Outside of Kirksey and Preston, our cuts are harder to make with higher dead space or at least solid players who are harder to cut with dead space. The Giants and I'm sure a couple of others have easier cuts. Either trash like solder or low dead space like Tate. Then they're poised for signing some discounts. I don't see a situation where the Packers can make space for discount signings. It's not as bad as Philly and New Orleans but not as nice as over half of the teams who either have space or can make easy space.

Joemailman
01-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Updated:

1 Jacksonville 1-15 .549
2 NY Jets 2-14 .594
3 Miami (from Houston) 4-12 .541
4 Atlanta 4-12 .551
5 Cincinnati 4-11-1 .529
6 Philadelphia 4-11-1 .537
7 Detroit 5-11 .508
8 Carolina 5-11 .531
9 Denver 5-11 .566
10 Dallas 6-10 .471
11 NY Giants 6-10 .502
12 San Francisco 6-10 .549
13 LA Chargers 7-9 .482
14 Minnesota 7-9 .504
15 New England 7-9 .527
16 Arizona 8-8 .475
17 Las Vegas 8-8 .539
18 Miami 10-6 .467
19 Washington 7-9 .459
20 Chicago 8-8 .488
21 Indianapolis 11-5 .443
22 Tennessee 11-5 .475
23 NY Jets (from Seattle) 12-4 .447
24 Pittsburgh 12-4 .475
25 Jacksonville (from LA Rams) 10-6 .494
26 Cleveland 11-5 .451
27 Baltimore 11-5 .495
28 New Orleans 12-4 .459
29 Green Bay 13-3 .428
30 Buffalo 13-3 .512

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Jacksonville and Miami could get better really quickly.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 10:03 AM
Looking at Devante’s number Receiver should probably be moved to the top of the list!! Gute needs to get his own players.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1354778852791382016?s=20

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 10:05 AM
The Packers were gonna lose all these guys anyways. Saving 10 million did nothing for them!!! They should of went “All-In”!!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 09:50 PM
We’re not getting Eskridge or Stevenson in the 3rd round. Not a chance where we pick. One of them(More Likely Stevenson) might fall to us in 2nd. Eskridge is flying up boards. Stevenson doing well for himself too.

As originally thought it might take a trade up in 2nd to secure one. Kadarius Toney is going in 1st.

Those are really the three guys I have been fixated on.

texaspackerbacker
01-28-2021, 10:53 PM
I say AGAIN, we do NOT need to draft a WR anytime early in the draft.

Joemailman
01-28-2021, 11:13 PM
D’WAYNE ESKRIDGE (PROSPECT PROFILE)
Any receiver who exits Mobile as more of a folk hero than draft prospect is worth being a bit leery of, but Eskridge certainly doesn’t feel like fool’s gold. A few years back it was Braxton Miller who was regarded as the belle of the ball for the week. Penny Hart had a few days in the sun as a Senior Bowl darling, too. But Eskridge has more experience running routes than Miller did, he’s more explosive than both, and he’s been more dominant. This is a legit weapon and he’s only going to get better. How high is the ceiling? I’m not ready to suggest he’ll end up being a first-round pick, but any dreams you had of securing Eskridge in the middle rounds are likely gone. With how well he’s won his routes against anyone who has tried to cover him, these separation skills and run after catch potential are going to be in high demand.

Eskridge is one of the biggest winners of the week already, regardless of position. .

bobblehead
01-29-2021, 08:15 AM

LOL!! I see 3 blocked brandon posts followed by this. I wonder what was in those posts :)

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 08:34 AM

Whether FA or draft they have no choice with how contracts and roster stack up with Adams projected value unless they are just completely incompetent.

And they are somewhat incompetent so who knows!!!

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 08:37 AM
A couple notable risers @ Senior Bowl.

Houston IDL “5 Tech” Payton Turner

Aaron Robinson “Corner” Central Florida

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 08:44 AM

As posted it will most likely require a 1st round pick or trade up in second to acquire Eskridge. He won’t make it to where we draft in 2nd.

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2021, 03:20 PM

Mostly a bunch of crap about prospective high level WRs. The thing is, even those hot prospects are far from sure things to be great. Several people are touting Metcalf; Well, he may be one who came through. If injuries don't slow him down, he may have a great career. A lot of others won't. MVS may not be Metcalf level, although take away the drops, and he's damn close. He, however, was drafted where? 5th round I think? And considering where he was drafted and tendency to be injured or not, I wouldn't bet against his having as good or better a career than Metcalf - and better than a LOT of others drafted ahead of him. Ditto that for Lazard - who I see as comparable to Mike Evans, and St. Brown still is a good possibility to be a solid NFL WR too.

Anybody we draft this year will basically be a replacement for Malik Taylor - maybe an upgrade as a kick returner and 5th WR.

edit: I meant to quote Bobblehead's post about blocked Brandon posts, not quote my own.

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 04:28 PM
Mostly a bunch of crap about prospective high level WRs. The thing is, even those hot prospects are far from sure things to be great. Several people are touting Metcalf; Well, he may be one who came through. If injuries don't slow him down, he may have a great career. A lot of others won't. MVS may not be Metcalf level, although take away the drops, and he's damn close. He, however, was drafted where? 5th round I think? And considering where he was drafted and tendency to be injured or not, I wouldn't bet against his having as good or better a career than Metcalf - and better than a LOT of others drafted ahead of him. Ditto that for Lazard - who I see as comparable to Mike Evans, and St. Brown still is a good possibility to be a solid NFL WR too.

Anybody we draft this year will basically be a replacement for Malik Taylor - maybe an upgrade as a kick returner and 5th WR.

edit: I meant to quote Bobblehead's post about blocked Brandon posts, not quote my own.

Unfortunately “You Just can’t take away MVS Drops” or “Take Away St. Browns Lack of Availability” or “Lazard’s lack of ability to beat press coverage”. These are all very real things!! The advanced metric ratings show their liabilities! None of these guys are in the same arena as Metcalf or other emerging receiver stars!

It’s one thing to make a Stupid mistake and go against the trend with lesser talented players when everyone said it wasn’t a good idea. It a whole different discussion to continue that incompetence after being wrong and costing everyone on a NATIONAL STAGE! I don’t have to worry about having a Fucken Idiot Moron GM right now. Aaron Rodgers won’t play under these circumstances anymore. Help will be delivered or Tim Boyle will making throws and I won’t have to waste my time with any of it!!!!!!

Don’t have to play stupid Jackass Games Anymore!!

Upnorth
01-29-2021, 04:43 PM

I feel anything other than a corner may break me in a way that separated Brandon from being rational.
If we get an all star corner and after that the bpa is at when we draft im cool with that. Adams is amazing if we could get a 1b it would rock. But thanks to our te and we depth it is more luxury than necessity.

A great coverage ilb is more important at this point than wr. We do have a top 10 group.

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 04:50 PM
I feel anything other than a corner may break me in a way that separated Brandon from being rational.
If we get an all star corner and after that the bpa is at when we draft im cool with that. Adams is amazing if we could get a 1b it would rock. But thanks to our te and we depth it is more luxury than necessity.

A great coverage ilb is more important at this point than wr. We do have a top 10 group.

Corner should be handled in FA. As far as the vision on defense your doing the same thing the Packers have done for 10 plus years now putting the Kart in front of the horse and that’s why this thing has been a MASSIVE FAILURE!!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 05:01 PM
What’s even more hilarious is it’s the same damn thing too every year. Nobody even has a “Corner Prospect.” These same people preach “BPA, BPA, BPA, BPA” all the time yet all they can say is “Corner, Corner, Corner, Corner” in the 1st round. There views contradict and cross paths but it doesn’t matter and once again I haven’t seen one “Corner Prospect” even mentioned yet!!!!!!

It’s a Gun with NO FUCKEN BULLETS!!!!! LOL!! I have to deal with this every year too!!!

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 05:02 PM
And I already know what name they are getting ready to throw out!! LOL!!

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 05:29 PM
I’m Waiting? :bs2:

Where and who is this big magical 1st round prospect? I’m trying to put a name to it other then “Corner” which somehow magically = “BPA” around here!!!

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 10:02 PM
Here is the Big “Corner Solution” which actually makes the secondary WAY BETTER(Best in the NFL) ! I don’t mind going corner in 2nd round since we’re gonna have to go receiver 1st round!!!

Step 1. FA singing- William Jackson 3 years 24 million.

Cincinnati has to sign Mackenzie Alexander and won’t be able to most likely sign both. He has decent size and length and fits perfectly into what we’re looking for. Immediate upgrade over Kevin King!!!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/william-jackson-18972/market-value/

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/william-jackson/10658

https://youtu.be/QkEhem5jUMg

Step 2. Elijah Molden “Cornerback” - Washington. Target in 2nd Round!! Possible Big Trade up in 3rd!!

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/elijah-molden-nfl-draft-player-profile-washington-cornerback/

Normally I stay away from Pac-12 prospects but this guy is Special & A Straight Baller!! Plays smooths and much bigger then his size. Reminds me a little of Jaire. He is smart and knows how to bait QB’s. Not afraid to stick his nose in there for a guys his size. He can come in immediately as a “Hybrid Type” and play in the slot. Immediate upgrade over Sullivan!!!

https://youtu.be/fvXwdzoTzMQ

GB-Brandon
01-29-2021, 10:12 PM
I want a Trade out of the first round!!!

Joemailman
01-29-2021, 10:42 PM
Cade Johnson, WR from South Dakota St. impressed at Senior Bowl. He did not play in 2020 as their season was cancelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED1eAJi3rnk

HarveyWallbangers
01-30-2021, 03:06 AM
An exciting draft for this NDSU Bison backer of the Packers. The Bison have had plenty of players drafted recently (Billy Turner was a 3rd round pick, Carson Wentz was a 1st round pick), but this shapes up as the best draft class in Bison history. They should have a 1st round QB in Trey Lance. Both OT Dillon Radunz and LB Jabril Cox are projected to go on day 2. Cox is technically listed with LSU because he played his final season there as a grad transfer, but he was raising hell at NDSU the three years prior.

What's exciting is that I see both guys as fits for the Packers. I saw a bit of David Bakhtiari in Radunz's game. Coincidentally, Radunz said the guys he studies the most are Bakh and former Badger Joe Thomas. I saw Radunz recently mocked to the Packers in the 2nd round. Cox is an athletic coverage LB who I think would fit well with the Packers.

GB-Brandon
01-30-2021, 09:58 AM
Cade Johnson, WR from South Dakota St. impressed at Senior Bowl. He did not play in 2020 as their season was cancelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED1eAJi3rnk

He is going to have to test extremely well. Most likely a day 3 option.

GB-Brandon
01-30-2021, 10:19 AM
I see really three options @ WR for the Packers to really improve things immediately.

Kadarius Toney- Florida. Uber talented player coming out of SEC that will probably require a trade up in first round to acquire. “Elite Athleticism”. Shows a lot of the same traits as Deebo Samuel with ability to separate in and out of breaks on short ankle breaker routes. Dangerous with ball in his hand. Immediate weapon for Packers in Slot and “Drink Stirrer” for the rest of passing game! Probably isn’t in reach for Packers to acquire.

D’Wayne Eskridge- Western Michigan. Another super talented player that has ELITE ABILITY to “STOP & START” and gain massive acceleration very quickly. Has the physical make up of T. Hill on tape. He can hit top speed in a few steps. Shows ability to catch and go an blow by opponents and lesser competition. Flying up draft boards after nobody being able to really cover him at Senior Bowl. The only reason he is even in our grasp is because he played at West Michigan. Testing numbers will determine how much farther he climbs. Packers might have to use first round pick to obtain him or trade up aggressively in 2nd. No was he will be there when the Packers draft in 3rd.

Marquez Stevenson- Houston. Definitely the most fluid player of the 3 and has the most length. Documented 4.3 speed and just plays with all those “Natural Components” of a Ted Thompson WR prospect. Fluid, Can open hips, tracks ball, good ball skills with smooth acceleration. Very dangerous with the ball in his hands. Can be used to run all of LaFluers “Cocktail Plays” as he develops into a “Greg Jennings Type Talent.” Biggest concern is injury history. Probably the Packers best chance to get at end of 2nd round but still might require a trade up there.

HarveyWallbangers
01-30-2021, 12:30 PM
We need CB, OT, and DT much more than we need a WR. Our weapons on offense were good enough to score the most points in the NFL and have Rodgers throw 48 TDs against 5 interceptions. Our struggles against Tampa Bay had little to do with a lack of offensive weapons. More blame falls on our OTs getting exposed against good DEs (after the injury to Bakh), a missed throw to MVS, and the abandoning of the run in the 4th quarter by MLF.

Upnorth
01-30-2021, 12:32 PM
We need CB, OT, and DT much more than we need a WR. Our weapons on offense were good enough to score the most points in the NFL and have Rodgers throw 48 TDs against 5 interceptions. Our struggles against Tampa Bay had little to do with a lack of offensive weapons. More blame falls on our OTs getting exposed against good DEs (after the injury to Bakh), a missed throw to MVS, and the abandoning of the run in the 4th quarter by MLF.

This is very true harvey. I put ilb as a higher need that ot though.

HarveyWallbangers
01-30-2021, 12:33 PM
Who are the top CBs, OTs, and DL in this draft?

Bretsky
01-30-2021, 12:38 PM

I don't know many; there were plenty of times Rodgers was sitting back there looking around and I'm assuming nobody was open. If we had Bach things would have been way better from the protect as well.

Upnorth
01-30-2021, 12:40 PM
I don't bother looking at the top prospects. They will all be gone before we draft as per usual. I would like us to get asante Samuel Jr at CB.

Bretsky
01-30-2021, 12:57 PM
I don't bother looking at the top prospects. They will all be gone before we draft as per usual. I would like us to get asante Samuel Jr at CB.

I would like that as well.

And just for the record, lets STOP having everybody request the TRADE DOWN

EVERYBODY (myself included) wants that every year....but it rarely happens

Joemailman
01-30-2021, 12:57 PM
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-updated-big-board-player-rankings/

Who are the top CBs, OTs, and DL in this draft?

Rank Player Team Position Grade Proj. Round
13 Patrick Surtain II Alabama CB 4.11 1st
19 Caleb Farley Virginia Tech CB 4.05 1st
28 Jaycee Horn South Carolina CB 3.97 1-2
43 Tyson Campbell Georgia CB 3.92 2nd
57 Eric Stokes Georgia CB 3.85 2nd
58 Shaun Wade Ohio State CB 3.83 2nd
60 Ambry Thomas Michigan CB 3.82 2nd
73 Asante Samuel Jr. Florida State CB 3.78 3rd
88 Davis Daniel Georgia CB 3.70 3rd
90 Greg Newsome Northwestern CB 3.68 3rd

3 Penei Sewell Oregon T 4.48 1st
17 Alex Leatherwood Alabama T 4.07 1st
24 Jalen Mayfield Michigan T 4.00 1-2
26 Walker Little Stanford T 3.98 1-2
32 Christian Darrisaw Virginia Tech T 3.96 2nd
38 Teven Jenkins Oklahoma State T 3.94 2nd
44 Samuel Cosmi Texas T 3.91 2nd
50 Jackson Carman Clemson T 3.88 2nd
70 Spencer Brown Northern Iowa T 3.79 3rd
76 Dillon Radunz North Dakota State T 3.77 3rd
80 James Hudson Cincinnati T 3.75 3rd
86 Josh Ball Marshall T 3.72 3rd
102 Adrian Ealy Oklahoma T 3.63 3rd

46 Daviyon Nixon Iowa DT 3.89 2nd
49 Christian Barmore Alabama DT 3.88 2nd
62 Jaylen Twyman Pittsburgh DT 3.81 2nd
74 Tommy Togiai Ohio State DT 3.78 2-3
85 Levi Onwuzurike Washington DT 3.73 3rd
91 Tyler Shelvin LSU DT 3.67 3rd
93 Jay Tufele USC DT 3.66 3rd
136 Devonte Wyatt Georgia DT 3.52 4th
145 Osawaru Odighizuwa UCLA DT 3.49 4-5

Joemailman
01-30-2021, 12:59 PM
I would like that as well.

And just for the record, lets STOP having everybody request the TRADE DOWN

EVERYBODY (myself included) wants that every year....but it rarely happensI'm surprised you still want it. Remember T.J. Watt and Kevin King?

Bretsky
01-30-2021, 01:00 PM
Can you list the top WR's as well so I can set myself up to be disappointed again for about the 4th year in a row ???

Joemailman
01-30-2021, 01:05 PM
Can you list the top WR's as well so I can set myself up to be disappointed again for about the 4th year in a row ???

There's a lot of them this year:

«‹1234›»
2 Ja'Marr Chase LSU WR 4.52 1st
4 DeVonta Smith Alabama WR 4.44 1st
10 Rondale Moore Purdue WR 4.14 1st
20 Jaylen Waddle Alabama WR 4.04M 1st
23 Rashod Bateman Minnesota WR 4.01 1-2
30 Amon-Ra St. Brown USC WR 3.96 2nd
35 Tylan Wallace Oklahoma State WR 3.95 2nd
37 Terrace Marshall Jr. LSU WR 3.94 2nd
63 Elijah Moore Mississippi WR 3.81 2nd
68 Tutu Atwell Louisville WR 3.79 3rd
72 Nico Collins Michigan WR 3.78 2-3
77 Ihmir Smith-Marsette Iowa WR 3.77 3rd
82 Seth Williams Auburn WR 3.75 3rd
92 Dyami Brown North Carolina WR 3.66 3rd
95 Kadarius Toney Florida WR 3.65 3rd
107 Marquez Stevenson Houston WR 3.62 3rd

RashanGary
01-30-2021, 04:32 PM
There's a lot of them this year:

I’m gonna be somewhat surprised if we don’t take one in the first three rounds. Back to back years of deep WR drafts should push a few back.

Adams contract is coming up. Lazard and Tonyan should be resigned to long term deals ASAP. MVS is in the last year of his deal. We need to replenish that pool and should have plenty of options available to make the future look bright. I want to keep Adams and have him break all the recent receiver records in Green Bay. But a new weapon will be good for 12 and #10 there after

RashanGary
01-30-2021, 04:36 PM
Rashod Bateman slipping would be nice.

texaspackerbacker
01-31-2021, 12:42 AM
Amon-Ra St. Brown is ranked that high? After watching a couple of USC games, I think we already have the better St. Brown.

I say yet AGAIN, we do NOT need a new WR.

Good reading about the top Corners and D Linemen, though.

Zool
01-31-2021, 12:05 PM
I don't know many; there were plenty of times Rodgers was sitting back there looking around and I'm assuming nobody was open. If we had Bach things would have been way better from the protect as well.

Strange how they were open all season, but not in the 4th against Tampa when McCarthy ball came back.

Joemailman
01-31-2021, 12:57 PM
Maybe the most talked about guy at the Senior Bowl as from UW-Whitewater! Who knew?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-daniel-jeremiah-s-top-10-nfl-draft-winners-from-week-of-practic

Quinn Meinerz, interior O-lineman, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Meinerz was the most impressive player during practices, from start to finish. He was a relative unknown coming into the week, hailing from a Division III school. Well, not only did he prove he belonged, he showed everyone that he's one of the best players here. Meinerz was dominant, displaying plenty of power and strength. No one should have any questions about his toughness either, as he reportedly played through a broken bone in his right hand on Thursday. He's going to be a quality starting interior offensive lineman in the NFL.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-senior-bowl-11-nfl-draft-winners-and-losers/

Quinn Meinerz, OL Wisconsin-Whitewater
One of the beautiful aspects of the Senior Bowl is that it provides opportunities for players to face opposition they would never normally face. Even more beautiful is when those players grab the opportunity with both hands and shake the life out of it. Case in point: Division III Wisconsin-Whitewater offensive lineman Quinn Meinerz.

Despite a rough start to the week, Meinerz was, without a doubt, one of the 2021 Senior Bowl winners. A player who came into the week with a late-round grade — or worse — from most outlets, Meinerz has soared up draft boards and is a consensus top 100 selection in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Meinerz was strong, controlled, and demonstrated he can play with excellent leverage. He also showed versatility in lining up at guard and center during the week. His toughness was illustrated by playing through practice with a broken hand. Despite the injury, he passionately pleaded to be allowed to play on Saturday. The kid is impossible not to root for.

RashanGary
01-31-2021, 02:45 PM
Strange how they were open all season, but not in the 4th against Tampa when McCarthy ball came back.

Could it be Rodgers ball as McCarthy is no longer here but it’s the same profile?

Zool
01-31-2021, 02:50 PM
Could it be Rodgers ball as McCarthy is no longer here but it’s the same profile?

That's where Arod learned it. The route tree switches to 7s, 8s, and 9s.

Joemailman
01-31-2021, 02:58 PM
Amon-Ra St. Brown is ranked that high? After watching a couple of USC games, I think we already have the better St. Brown.

I say yet AGAIN, we do NOT need a new WR.

Good reading about the top Corners and D Linemen, though.

Packers haven't drafted a WR in the last 2 drafts. Adams, MVS, ESB and Funchess are all entering the last year of their contracts. Might be time to restock a little bit here.

Upnorth
01-31-2021, 03:40 PM
We have 3 extra comp picks. 2 4's and a 6 I think. Those 2 4s I bet will be ol.

Joe you have agood point about wr contracts. However funchess voluntary opt out means his 2 yr contract still has 2 years on it. Unless si.com got it wrong when i read there explanation. The contract froze (tolled) when he voluntarily opted out. So might take some pressure of.
Would like a wr in second any way because nelson and Adams. History always repeats, correct?

And I looked into it further and finches only signed for 1 yr. Sigh.

Joemailman
01-31-2021, 03:54 PM
We have 3 extra comp picks. 2 4's and a 6 I think. Those 2 4s I bet will be ol.

Joe you have agood point about wr contracts. However funchess voluntary opt out means his 2 yr contract still has 2 years on it. Unless si.com got it wrong when i read there explanation. The contract froze (tolled) when he voluntarily opted out. So might take some pressure of.
Would like a wr in second any way because nelson and Adams. History always repeats, correct?

And I looked into it further and finches only signed for 1 yr. Sigh.

Yep 1M signing bonus and 1.5M base salary. The signing bonus was paid in 2020 and he's under contract for 2021.

There's been some debate about whether Packers comp picks will be 2 4"s and a 6 or 4, 5, 6. I read recently that it will be the latter. Reason being that a comp pick for a player lost who played 10 or more years for team (Bulaga) can not be higher than a 5.

Upnorth
01-31-2021, 03:57 PM
Joe, I'm on a roll...

How bout them Habs!

run pMc
01-31-2021, 04:23 PM
I disagree with those who think we don't need a WR. Here's why: there is nobody currently on the team who can be a WR1 except Adams. I realize the MLF/Shanahan offense doesn't emphasize WR talent, but having a guy you know can beat 1v1 coverage is a great option to have, especially in the RZ or on 3rd and 6. They need to find and develop their next #1 WR. I don't care what round they find one, just that they do. I guess I'm looking ahead 2-3 seasons with that pick, which realistically a GM should also do.

They are also going to need help at OT. Billy Turner played well most games, and that was with him being shuttled all over the line. I don't want him as my LT. Wagner can't do it either. Bahk won't be ready for training camp. Should be interesting.

Whoever is the new DC will likely have some opinions on the roster and press Gute on it... the DL needs work and we know about CB & ILB. I like Krys Barnes but the dude gets hurt twice a game.

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 05:04 PM
Eskridge has risen as my 2nd round for sure target. He is the “Perfect Fit”. Stevenson has dropped a little on my board. Still very talented but I’m worried about him against press. Doesn’t seem strong enough or polished enough at this stage. I believe Eskridge is a steal in 2nd round. The problem is I’m sure a lot of other teams see it the same way.

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 05:07 PM
Rondale Moore is a prospect i hope they stay away from. To me he is a carbon copy of DJ Moore of the Carolina Panthers with just being a smaller version. I also don’t like Moore’s injury history. I just don’t see the translation to the NFL. Please “Stay Away” Gute!!!

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 05:14 PM
So yeah if we could add a FA target such as Corey Davis and another weapon such as Eskridge I believe that would give us and LaFluer the firepower to run his offensive scheme with zero limitations and get “Over The Hump” . Hire Kris Richard as Defensive Coordinator!!

We could be singing this song!!

https://youtu.be/tVi7cn-EPCY

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 05:34 PM
I think we have thoroughly discovered(which some of us have known) that getting to the NFC Championship and Winning A Super Bowl are Two Very Different Things! Let’s all hope the message is crystal clear to the Packer front office and that our Great Hope AR12 can win this Power Struggle to finish this off to get what is needed for this organization to achieve GREATNESS!!! FUCK THESE HALF MEASURES!

I can only imagine the tears that would be shed here in Green Bay and the RELEASE of JOY with a Packers World Championship!!

The Time is NOW!!!!!!! Not Next Year!! Not Next Draft!! Not Next Anything!! GO GET IT DONE NOW!!!!!!!

RashanGary
02-01-2021, 06:01 PM
I’m sure they’re trying to lose. That’s abundantly clear.

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 06:59 PM
I’m sure they’re trying to lose. That’s abundantly clear.

Nobody said they are “Trying to Lose.” I clearly said “No More Half Measures.”

What did we get out of that draft class in the Champ game?

Answer: A few carries by Dillion. That’s not good enough!!!

We need to go into this offseason to build a roster to WIN A SUPER BOWL THIS UPCOMING SEASON!!!!

Gute got up there today and he was Spewing his same old nonsense about 2-3 years down the road!!!

Well Mr. Rodgers is getting ready to say No No No No NOoooooooooooooo! Let’s go get it this year or Trade my Ass!!!!!

That’s the Power Struggle on the way!!!

Believe That!!!

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 09:43 PM
Taylor performed better then any other Corner “During The Game” at the Senior Bowl. He was probably a day 3 selection heading into the game. Nobody could really do anything against him. He looked Great! Great Size and Length! He moves laterally much better to the eye then Kevin King. Much better hip movement. He was tested and nobody could beat him. Possible Sleeper Prospect!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/keith-taylor/JhhAtUdNvB

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 10:10 PM
This is what I’m talking about when I talk about putting “Freakish Quick Speed” in the middle of the Packer offense. Having someone shifty that can break down the middle of the defense. This is way different then MVS running a Seam route. This is a guy that just stresses the middle of the defense with so much twitch that it opens everything up. He is a guy that can take a 10 yard pass to the house at anytime. This is how you beat Tampa and “Press”. You Beat those Fuckers at their own Fucken Game!! I think Eskridge can do it but I know this guy can do it!!!

https://youtu.be/n1n2ShpUAVg

RashanGary
02-01-2021, 10:41 PM
What did we get out of the 2005 first round draft pick in 2005?

RashanGary
02-01-2021, 10:43 PM
Sometimes draft picks are really good even if they don’t start their first year. I’ve seen great picks have horrible first years and bad picks have good first years (haha Clinton d, Eddie lacy, etc)

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 11:10 PM
That’s how you beat Todd Bowles and “Press Coverage” and all his Speed on defense!!!

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/11/29/21725561/chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill-played-a-historic-game-against-tampa-bay-nfl-buccaneers-week-12

This isn’t rocket science guys!!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Sometimes draft picks are really good even if they don’t start their first year. I’ve seen great picks have horrible first years and bad picks have good first years (haha Clinton d, Eddie lacy, etc)

I’m sure some of the Packer draft picks will eventually contribute. That’s not the point!! The point being when your a 13-3 team knocking on the door and you claim to be “An All Draft Team” mostly you’d like to see more contributions to help immediately to get “Over The Hump.”

All these other teams are making aggressive moves to fill out their respective rosters to push them over the top while the Packers show almost zero urgency. The whole thing adds up to what it is every year which is “HeartBreak.”

Then some fans say we’ll just wait? Wait for what? For Aaron Rodgers to get traded or retire? For Jordan Love to show us the way? It’s Fucken Ridiculous!!! What the hell are we waiting for? When will the mindless & endless build up be completed? 2064? When?

call_me_ishmael
02-02-2021, 09:33 AM

I wouldn't call those players bad picks. They clearly had very good NFL talent and for whatever reason chose to not invest in their careers. More than likely they were happy with the money they were paid and chose to coast for a bit. Both players were not only pro bowlers but all-pros, so clearly there peers thought very highly of them.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 10:58 AM
Very Very Very Early Mock!

1. Kadarius Toney, WR Florida. Finally gives us a presence to attack the middle of the field that we haven’t had since Randall Cobb!! This move opens up the passing game, helps off-set the loss of AJ, and better protects us against press coverage. Takes enormous pressure of both Rodgers and LaFluer.

2. Elijah Molden, Corner/Slot Washington. This pick might require a trade up of a few spots. Just a real solid pick with massive value. He can “Ball” and is a student of the game. Will develop nicely in the Packer system. Huge upgrade in the slot. A more athletic version of Micah Hyde. Would be exciting to see someone like him mesh with current Packer secondary and new defensive Coordinator.

3. KJ Britt, ILB Auburn, Fast and Athletic LB. Can get to the sideline and shoot the gaps. Plus in coverage. Got bogged down a little with Auburn losing so many pieces upfront in 2020. We need this type of SEC athleticism in the middle!!

4. Kylin Hil, RB Mississippi State, Steady Eddy ball carrier to take some of the load off Dillion. Can get what we need and will be serviceable in passing game. Will have to coach him up on pass pro. A more athletic Jamal Williams.

4. Comp Pick, Demetric Felton RB/WR UCLA, Gives LaFluer a “Speed Back Option” and also another weapon to fortify his scheme and run his full playbook safeguarding offense form injury etc etc. versatile weapon that can also be used on special teams.

5. CJ Brewer, DT “5 Tech”, Coastal Carolina, This guy is a total steal in this spot. Plays “Violent” which is the mentality and what is needed up front. Not sure it will hold and he can be got here but if he can then WOW!! He dominated and yea it was Coastal but he has it.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 11:11 AM
The “Vision” of this Mock draft is to take back control of the Middle of the field on both Offense and Defense!!!

Something the Packers have needed to do for Years!!

Upnorth
02-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Very Very Very Early Mock!

1. Kadarius Toney, WR Florida. Finally gives us a presence to attack the middle of the field that we haven’t had since Randall Cobb!! This move opens up the passing game, helps off-set the loss of AJ, and better protects us against press coverage. Takes enormous pressure of both Rodgers and LaFluer.

2. Elijah Molden, Corner/Slot Washington. This pick might require a trade up of a few spots. Just a real solid pick with massive value. He can “Ball” and is a student of the game. Will develop nicely in the Packer system. Huge upgrade in the slot. A more athletic version of Micah Hyde. Would be exciting to see someone like him mesh with current Packer secondary and new defensive Coordinator.

3. KJ Britt, ILB Auburn, Fast and Athletic LB. Can get to the sideline and shoot the gaps. Plus in coverage. Got bogged down a little with Auburn losing so many pieces upfront in 2020. We need this type of SEC athleticism in the middle!!

4. Kylin Hil, RB Mississippi State, Steady Eddy ball carrier to take some of the load off Dillion. Can get what we need and will be serviceable in passing game. Will have to coach him up on pass pro. A more athletic Jamal Williams.

4. Comp Pick, Demetric Felton RB/WR UCLA, Gives LaFluer a “Speed Back Option” and also another weapon to fortify his scheme and run his full playbook safeguarding offense form injury etc etc. versatile weapon that can also be used on special teams.

5. CJ Brewer, DT “5 Tech”, Coastal Carolina, This guy is a total steal in this spot. Plays “Violent” which is the mentality and what is needed up front. Not sure it will hold and he can be got here but if he can then WOW!! He dominated and yea it was Coastal but he has it.

Brandon, solid stab at the draft.
Are you projecting loosing both williams and Jones which would necessitate the 2 4th rd picks?
I think waiting till the 2nd for a developmental corner is auctioning the present.
I like that you have a ilb and I agree we need someone in the middle and for cpverage.

Solid.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 12:21 PM
Yes, unfortunately due to Cap issues and “Other Needs” Jones and Williams will have to Walk.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 12:30 PM
My hope for “Immediate Need” at Corner is William Jackson as a FA target which i have posted several times. Molden comes in and helps out in the Slot. Jackson has the make up as a perfect no.2 corner opposite Jaire. This is a crucial move that Gute needs to make happen. Once again it “All Goes Through Rodgers” and the Contract freeing up $ to help get this thing done!!

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/william-jackson/10658

I don’t want to develop a no.2 corner to start next year Period!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 12:35 PM
And as far as Molden I believe we’re getting a “1st around Talent.” He is being undervalued because of his size. The guy can Ball!

Packer fans will absolutely Love this kid!!

It takes an awful lot for me to get into a Pac-12 prospect!!!

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 01:39 PM
With Kadarius Toney there are some “Concerns” about personal matters. He did have an AR-15 incident where he wasn’t in the wrong. Still some teams have had concerns about “His Crowd.” These same concerns were thought of Delvin Cook too who has been nothing but great in Minnesota. Get Toney in Green Bay and he will be fine!!

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2021, 02:11 PM
Not only do we NOT need to draft a WR before the late rounds. we also specifically don't need Toney, and I'm not talking the off-field concerns. He is small (5'11") and slow (mid 4.4s at best, maybe only mid 4.6s for the 40).

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Not only do we NOT need to draft a WR before the late rounds. we also specifically don't need Toney, and I'm not talking the off-field concerns. He is small (5'11") and slow (mid 4.4s at best, maybe only mid 4.6s for the 40).

We’ll see how he runs. That was coming out of High School. 4 years of development at Florida and he is expected to run in the 4.4’s and that is plenty fast enough for “Straight Line Speed” . It is his “Short Area Speed & Quickness” which is elite. His ability to stop and go. It certainly pops out on film against SEC competition which he dominated.

He was also the star at Senior Bowl week establishing his value as nobody could keep up with him in & out of breaks. He put on a smoke show. He probably won’t even make it to the Packers at end of first round.

Upnorth
02-02-2021, 02:42 PM
Slot receivers don't need 40 speed so much as 20 yrd speed. Quickness is king in the slot. Small is a red flag for me in the slot though as they can take a pounding, but it depends on his body type. Thin or muscular. I will be the first to admit i don't know enough about college prospects besides a few lists I read then dig into. If he is as quick as what you say could be a good pick up. If we can't fix corner in fa we need to get one who is ready to go in the first.

GB-Brandon
02-02-2021, 03:15 PM
Slot receivers don't need 40 speed so much as 20 yrd speed. Quickness is king in the slot. Small is a red flag for me in the slot though as they can take a pounding, but it depends on his body type. Thin or muscular. I will be the first to admit i don't know enough about college prospects besides a few lists I read then dig into. If he is as quick as what you say could be a good pick up. If we can't fix corner in fa we need to get one who is ready to go in the first.

I understand the mental fixture to address corner with a 1st round pick but I watched the Seahawks for several years win in the secondary with day 2 and day 3 picks. A lot of it depends on the philosophy of the new D-Coordinator. I like Williams Jackson because he can play some man and is plug and play and developed with a decent price tag.

Looking at “All The Corner Prospects” once you get past the guys who probably won’t make it to us there isn’t much of a drop off from where we pick to really 3rd round area. They all have strengths with some flaws. Of course there is always the potential of someone dropping or Gute trading up.

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 11:23 AM
Two Big Time Value Late Round Targets for me! The first being a guy I really enjoyed watching this season. He was a UW transfer that had some relationship issues with coaches. Very talented player that has a nose for the ball and plays “Violent”. I want “Violence” on defense!!! It’s all about “Roster Building” and getting rid of dead weight and getting players that can help in certain matchups and play remarkable Special Teams!! Bye Bye Oren Burks and Hello Milo Eifler!! 6’2 @ 225 and can run and play in space and can Run & Hit! That’s what we need an abundance of!!!!!

https://youtu.be/xhiJJbe_6o0

Player No.2 is a guy that I really believe would be drafted earlier if not due to injury. This guy made me a lot of $. Great value for for a late round Stab that can be developed on a rookie deal coming off ACL injury. Has that “Game Breaking Ability.” All the production. Checks all the “Ted Thompson Receiver Boxes.” He can “Split the Doubles” and run All the routes! Very smart route runner that can time down and up and accelerate past db’s. Was a massive workhorse in that SMU offense. I believe he will be a massive steal for the team that drafts him!! Would love to see him in Green & Gold!

https://youtu.be/I9lOSA8yI0g

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 11:51 AM
You wanna play “Championship Defense” then quite drafting Nice Guy Pussies!!!!

Defense is Hard! it’s DIRTY!!! It’S FUCKEN GRIMY!!!

I know this Personally!!!

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 12:21 PM
Once again Gute has A PATH AND TOOLS to make this thing happen. Players & Picks will be there to help us fortify this roster to make a serious run to WIN IT ALL NOW!! Will he make that move or orchestrate another offseason that plans for 3-5 years DOWN THE ROAD?

RashanGary
02-05-2021, 12:49 PM
We have an elite zone corner in Alexander. Another zone corner would be ideal so at least you can do one thing really well back there.

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 01:26 PM
We have an elite zone corner in Alexander. Another zone corner would be ideal so at least you can do one thing really well back there.

Your not “LISTENING”!!! Yeah, we have some pieces but if you really want to have this Big Bad Ass Defense your gonna have to get an abundance of guys that can Play That Way. Your never gonna have enough $ to sign them all unless maybe you have a QB on a rookie deal and even then it’s tough. You kinda have to do what the Seahawks did in the early 2000 teen’s and find guys in mid to late rounds that you hit Grand Slams on. The Packers typically don’t draft these type of guys. It is what it is.

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 01:31 PM
Adrian Amos plays with this “Violent Attitude” I am describing. The Tampa Bay Bucc’s certainly play with that “Violent Attitude”. I am tired of trying take to players that don’t have that attitude and trying to install it in them. This isn’t necessarily happening on a “Micro Level” but more of a “Macro Level”.

This is the main reason it makes it hard for me to ever get completely bought in to the Packers defensive philosophy!

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 01:39 PM
Give me the “violent Play Attitude”(which is a natural attribute btw) with the athletic talent and now we got something to work with. This can be coached up to be potentially something special!!

#Greatness!!

This is what we need to be looking for. This is the pathway!!

HarveyWallbangers
02-16-2021, 01:06 AM
Rashod Bateman slipping would be nice.

Watch my first tape this year, and it was this guy. I’m on his bandwagon—like I was with Brandon Aiyuk last year.

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 10:32 AM
Watch my first tape this year, and it was this guy. I’m on his bandwagon—like I was with Brandon Aiyuk last year.

Bateman is alright. Not sure Aiyuk is the right comp. Just think Aiyuk has more twitch to him and explosiveness. Bateman is Super Smooth though on his route tree in the intermediate passing game. I think that’s where he transitions best at the next level.

Bateman reminds me of younger and slightly faster version of Keenan Allen. I think he is a very safe WR prospect but you have to understand what your getting. He isn’t gonna line up and just blow by people at the next level. He will probably run in 4.55 area.

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 10:46 AM
I mine as well go over TuTu Atwell too cause I’m seeing that name. Fun player to watch in college but this guy is just tiny. No way should the Packers use a 1st or 2nd round pick on him. These guys rarely hold up “165 pounds” and have to be used in such a scheme specific way that they almost need their own playbook. I just don’t see the value in getting a weapon this small and using such a high draft pick. You can covet and draft “Smaller Weapons” and add dynamic versatility but you better go the right way about it or you will get burnt badly.

Kadarius Toney- Yes

D’wayne Eskridge - yes

Rondale Moore - No

TuTu Atwell- Hell No

HarveyWallbangers
02-16-2021, 11:54 AM
Bateman is alright. Not sure Aiyuk is the right comp. Just think Aiyuk has more twitch to him and explosiveness. Bateman is Super Smooth though on his route tree in the intermediate passing game. I think that’s where he transitions best at the next level.

Bateman reminds me of younger and slightly faster version of Keenan Allen. I think he is a very safe WR prospect but you have to understand what your getting. He isn’t gonna line up and just blow by people at the next level. He will probably run in 4.55 area.

I didn’t say Bateman and Aiyuk were comparable. Just that I can tell he might be this year’s WR crush. We’ll see. I think he’s faster than 4.55. I think he’ll surprise with his 40 time—like Jefferson last year.

ThunderDan
02-16-2021, 12:52 PM
Using Fanspeak draft tool.

29: R1 P29 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
62: R2 P30 LB Chazz Surratt - North Carolina
92: R3 P28 DL Jay Tufele - USC
135: R4 P30 CB Robert Rochell - Central Arkansas
142: R4 P37 WR Jaelon Darden - North Texas
174: R5 P29 WR Trevon Grimes - Florida
178: R5 P33 G David Moore - Grambling State
215: R6 P29 C Quinn Meinerz - Wisconsin-Whitewater
221: R6 P35 S Divine Deablo - Virginia Tech
254: R7 P28 TE Quintin Morris - Bowling Green

run pMc
02-16-2021, 06:20 PM
I think they will go "BPA" with preference to CB, DL, or OT.
I also think they will look at WR but not until the mid-rounds.
Finally, I think they will ignore the ILB spot again, unless it's to draft another late Day 3 player.

The cap and FA will drive some of their draft choices.

I expect to be completely befuddled and annoyed by the picks and moves Gute makes, only to reach the acceptance stage by mid-August, and by mid-season feel like the moves are (on balance) working out for the better.
Basically, not unlike the TT years.

run pMc
02-16-2021, 06:22 PM

I've been curious about this player but haven't really found much scouting or youtube on him yet. (Also, I've been busy.)
Seems like he would be a Day 3 guy you could play at that hybrid ILB/S spot with his size, although IDK with Pettine gone how much they will use that.

run pMc
02-16-2021, 07:03 PM
I didn’t say Bateman and Aiyuk were comparable. Just that I can tell he might be this year’s WR crush. We’ll see. I think he’s faster than 4.55. I think he’ll surprise with his 40 time—like Jefferson last year.

I could easily develop a draft crush on Bateman or Marshall out of LSU.

Kadarius Toney has crazy balance but I don't think he's a burner. Would be awesome on jet sweeps, screens, and punt returns -- basically, a better Tyler Ervin. That's the thing -- he feels more like a gadget player than a true wideout to me, and while I think MLF would love having a guy like him I am skeptical Gute values him as a late R1/early R2 pick (which is where he's expected to go as of this post).

GB-Brandon
02-16-2021, 07:48 PM
I could easily develop a draft crush on Bateman or Marshall out of LSU.

Kadarius Toney has crazy balance but I don't think he's a burner. Would be awesome on jet sweeps, screens, and punt returns -- basically, a better Tyler Ervin. That's the thing -- he feels more like a gadget player than a true wideout to me, and while I think MLF would love having a guy like him I am skeptical Gute values him as a late R1/early R2 pick (which is where he's expected to go as of this post).

Toney can run routes over the middle and lose people. He did it all season and did it at the Senior Bowl week as well.

HarveyWallbangers
02-16-2021, 10:43 PM
Trey Lance is a lot like Jordan Love from his sophomore year (when he was surrounded by better talent).

Massive J
02-17-2021, 12:04 AM

This is absolutely undeniable.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 08:24 AM
Trey Lance is a lot like Jordan Love from his sophomore year (when he was surrounded by better talent).

So we should get another QB to develop?

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 10:31 AM
Using Fanspeak draft tool.

29: R1 P29 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
62: R2 P30 LB Chazz Surratt - North Carolina
92: R3 P28 DL Jay Tufele - USC
135: R4 P30 CB Robert Rochell - Central Arkansas
142: R4 P37 WR Jaelon Darden - North Texas
174: R5 P29 WR Trevon Grimes - Florida
178: R5 P33 G David Moore - Grambling State
215: R6 P29 C Quinn Meinerz - Wisconsin-Whitewater
254: R7 P28 TE Quintin Morris - Bowling Green

Darrisaw makes a lot of sense in the transition to the “Power Run Game.” If they make the FA move at WR I like this move and could see this happening as it completes the job upfront with other supplemental pieces such as Deguara coming back next season.

Not as high on Surratt as others are. I think we could do better there. Could be something there with Tufele.

run pMc
02-17-2021, 05:10 PM
So we should get another QB to develop?

I don't think that's where Harvey was going, but since you did: I don't think GB should draft a QB in R1, unless
(a) they traded Love for picks (unlikely since he hasn't had a single pro snap yet), or
(b) they know he's a flop and someone highly coveted drops to them (also unlikely for same reason, plus he likely needs an actual offseason and full year + in the system to show them either way).

Basically, QB is the most important position, given the league is about the passing game (either being able to execute it, or defend it). If you don't have a good QB, you need to find one. From a distance I thought ARI was crazy for drafting Rosen and then Murray, but they knew Rosen wasn't the answer and were smart to move on quickly. You keep looking until you find a good one, and then you hang onto them for dear life. Looking for one when your current QB is reaching the end of his career is smart. I would argue that if the OL can protect Rodgers like they did this year it will extend his career. 20 sacks is pretty good, and he showed he can still play at a very very high level.
So no, I wouldn't think they will spend more high-value resources on a QB, especially in a COVID-capped year with many FA leaving and basically all their WR gone after the next season.

Also, let's not forget GB drafted Brian fricking Brohm in R2 a few years after Rodgers.

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 05:51 PM
I don't think that's where Harvey was going, but since you did: I don't think GB should draft a QB in R1, unless
(a) they traded Love for picks (unlikely since he hasn't had a single pro snap yet), or
(b) they know he's a flop and someone highly coveted drops to them (also unlikely for same reason, plus he likely needs an actual offseason and full year + in the system to show them either way).

Basically, QB is the most important position, given the league is about the passing game (either being able to execute it, or defend it). If you don't have a good QB, you need to find one. From a distance I thought ARI was crazy for drafting Rosen and then Murray, but they knew Rosen wasn't the answer and were smart to move on quickly. You keep looking until you find a good one, and then you hang onto them for dear life. Looking for one when your current QB is reaching the end of his career is smart. I would argue that if the OL can protect Rodgers like they did this year it will extend his career. 20 sacks is pretty good, and he showed he can still play at a very very high level.
So no, I wouldn't think they will spend more high-value resources on a QB, especially in a COVID-capped year with many FA leaving and basically all their WR gone after the next season.

Also, let's not forget GB drafted Brian fricking Brohm in R2 a few years after Rodgers.

They could probably package Love off to Washington right now for their 1st. We would net lose a 4th. I say do it and then look for a mid round prospect to develop. The Eagles are doing it with Hurts. This organization needs to go in one of two directions and quite fucking around.

A) Either make a full collective effort to support Rodgers with available resources and do whats needed to support roster to finish the deal.

B) Trade Rodgers and unwind and pull the plug and start fresh with the prospect “They Loved” and start the re-build and go full on with that. Sitting this dude and then having to pay him is just stupid. Takes all the value out of it.

This Mickey Mouse Crap trying to serve “Two Masters” bullshit has got to stop. It’s Maddening and i believe it probably just cost us a Super Bowl. Wanna try for another? I don’t!!

Bretsky
02-17-2021, 09:04 PM
Trading love would equate to Gutebag admitting a mistake and he isn't going to do that this early in the game

GB-Brandon
02-17-2021, 10:17 PM
Trading love would equate to Gutebag admitting a mistake and he isn't going to do that this early in the game

Just like Giving Rodgers an extension does so we’re probably not gonna see that either. Everyone wants this big “extension”, “extension”, “extension” which brings in “Corey Davis” which I don’t see happening.

We’re probably gonna get one Solo Cut Move to keep us just right there in the mix.

HarveyWallbangers
02-17-2021, 10:50 PM

What if Love turns out to be really good?

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-18-2021, 05:18 AM

Players are always a crapshoot, sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose. I would think, however, that if Love was REALLY good, we would have heard rumors from the Packers training camp..

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 07:29 AM

Mark Brunell turned out to be pretty damn good. Life goes on! With Rodgers you have “A Bird In The Hand” coming off an MVP season and no signs of slowing down. He wants to stay in Green Bay and QB’s are playing longer these days. His particular skill set will allow him to play into his 40’s. The timelines currently don’t add up for these two players is the biggest problem moving forward unless something drastic happens. There will be no natural or seamless transition. The reach for a QB was done much too early all things considered. It is negatively messing with the whole dynamic of building a championship roster.

And thus far while it’s only been “Practice” J. Love has been a disappointment showing lots of inconsistency and the same decision making issues that plagued him at Utah State. Lots of “Second Guessing” So far and it’s not looking good. This I know.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 07:47 AM
The Packers are using “The Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind” approach with Jordan Love. We’ll see how longer they can get away with that!!!

HarveyWallbangers
02-18-2021, 08:27 AM
Players are always a crapshoot, sometimes ya win and sometimes ya lose. I would think, however, that if Love was REALLY good, we would have heard rumors from the Packers training camp..

Let’s not even wait for a preseason game. Let’s write him off because we didn’t hear anything at a scaled down training camp where media was allowed less access. :)

oldbutnotdeadyet
02-18-2021, 08:30 AM
Let’s not even wait for a preseason game. Let’s write him off because we didn’t hear anything at a scaled down training camp where media was allowed less access. :)

Not sure I want to write him off. Just saying usually, not always, if a guy is REALLY good, you hear something. Hopefully, we are not put in a position to prematurely discard him before finding the truth for ourselves.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 09:15 AM

Even if you don’t believe me and what I know then explain how he couldn’t even suit up for one regular season game?

How does being on the “inactive roster” all season long help ones development? What first round pick QB has this ever happened too other then from major injury?

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 09:27 AM
They didn’t want him on that active roster because they didn’t want to risk a 00000.1 Percent chance of him having to play because they didn’t want the result out there for ALL TOO SEE!!!!!

This forum would of lit up like a Christmas Tree!!! Shit!!!

RashanGary
02-18-2021, 11:10 AM
They didn’t want him on that active roster because they didn’t want to risk a 00000.1 Percent chance of him having to play because they didn’t want the result out there for ALL TOO SEE!!!!!

This forum would of lit up like a Christmas Tree!!! Shit!!!

You and your ilk light up like a Christmas tree every day and the Packers literally don’t give one barren fuck. Don’t overvalue your importance to the world.

RashanGary
02-18-2021, 11:11 AM
Behold the Packers field of fucks given over fans opinions and you shall see it is barren. You don’t know shit, Brandon.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 11:51 AM
Well forbid me for being concerned that we are more on a path on a MASSIVE DEVELOPMENT too Jarred Goff or Marcus Mariotta rather then another HOF QB while wasting time and resources because someone can’t get over it!

KYPack
02-18-2021, 12:21 PM
Even if you don’t believe me and what I know then explain how he couldn’t even suit up for one regular season game?

How does being on the “inactive roster” all season long help ones development? What first round pick QB has this ever happened too other then from major injury?

Carson Palmer played 0 snaps his rookie year with Cincy. Depends on the team and what their situation. is.

What is your source that Love played poorly in practice this season.

Zool
02-18-2021, 01:43 PM
Carson Palmer played 0 snaps his rookie year with Cincy. Depends on the team and what their situation. is.

What is your source that Love played poorly in practice this season.

He has ins with the Packer front office. Haven't you been paying attention?

SudsMcBucky
02-18-2021, 01:50 PM
He has ins with the Packer front office. Haven't you been paying attention?

He also owns a house in the Greater Green Bay metro area.

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 02:03 PM
And this is EXACTLY why I’m not providing anymore info that I come across that I’m privy too. NOPE!! NO MORE!

KYPack
02-18-2021, 02:47 PM
And this is EXACTLY why I’m not providing anymore info that I come across that I’m privy too. NOPE!! NO MORE!

AWRGHT!!!!

You are right Z, I'm not paying attention.

HarveyWallbangers
02-18-2021, 05:17 PM
What ever happened to Joe Arrigo?

GB-Brandon
02-18-2021, 08:33 PM
Yeah, Do that! Go get your Fragile Ears Tickled by Cheesehead TV and Shit. I ain’t got time for Bullshit!!

QBME
02-18-2021, 09:42 PM

One can only hope.

QBME
02-18-2021, 09:43 PM
That you.

QBME
02-18-2021, 09:44 PM
Stop.

QBME
02-18-2021, 09:44 PM
Your.

QBME
02-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Silly.

QBME
02-18-2021, 09:46 PM
Everybody fill in the blank with your best descriptive.....

Zool
02-19-2021, 01:17 AM
Not sure I want to write him off. Just saying usually, not always, if a guy is REALLY good, you hear something. Hopefully, we are not put in a position to prematurely discard him before finding the truth for ourselves.

Many times you hear coaches and players heap praise on a guy who sucks. No way to know.

Zool
02-19-2021, 01:18 AM
Everybody fill in the blank with your best descriptive.....

Dumbfuckery

Massive J
02-20-2021, 06:49 PM
Thank Jebus.

Massive J
02-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Butt Pluggery.

Upnorth
02-23-2021, 02:16 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/23/packers-showing-pre-draft-interest-in-miami-te-brevin-jordan-2021-draft/

Man we could have great te depth!

We will have some of the best depth avaible both on the active roster and the ir!

GB-Brandon
02-23-2021, 05:06 PM
Jordan is a stud. He would be used way more then depth. Might be the best “All Around TE In The Draft”. I watched a lot of him in college and he was difference maker. He is a legit weapon at that spot. Can probably be moved around as well to create certain matchups. I can see where the Packers would be interested. Gives them some more athleticism and twitch at that spot. He is a better blocker then some would expect.

Packers would probably have to draft him in second round if not trade up in second. He is getting a lot of buzz. Belichick wants him!!

run pMc
02-23-2021, 05:21 PM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/23/packers-showing-pre-draft-interest-in-miami-te-brevin-jordan-2021-draft/

Man we could have great te depth!

We will have some of the best depth avaible both on the active roster and the ir!

Well he's a decent route runner for a college TE and his hands aren't terrible, so there's that. I guess it depends on what they want to do with the current rosters guys...maybe they feel like Jace isn't the answer and Josiah is working back from IR. Personally I think Dafney could develop into an ok TE2 or TE3, but Brevin Jordan's ceiling is higher.

Right now I'm not drinking any of the draft koolaid. It's waaay early, and pre-draft is when everyone lies or smokescreens. With no combine they are just interviewing everyone, but who they keep close tabs on is interesting and often telling about their attitude towards the roster.

Can't wait until they start virtual meetings with highly touted WRs and everyone loses their minds.

GB-Brandon
02-23-2021, 05:48 PM
Has nothing to do with “ Drinking Kool-Aid” at all. There are several weapons in this draft class that will be available that can help us IMMEDIATELY!! I’ve already put my big board together.

Can the front office actually do their job correctly and not completely BLOW IT is the question!!

smuggler
02-23-2021, 10:27 PM
Okay, not that I'm advocating taking him at #29, but something about Brevin Jordan's movement ability is special. He just moves better than the other athletes he's competing against on his highlight tape. His first two steps are pretty crazy.

GB-Brandon
02-24-2021, 11:27 AM
Okay, not that I'm advocating taking him at #29, but something about Brevin Jordan's movement ability is special. He just moves better than the other athletes he's competing against on his highlight tape. His first two steps are pretty crazy.

Yes, the hurricanes are a team i follow and play on quite a bit and he does have these “Elite Movement Skills” you describe. Probably why Bill Belichick is interested. He could easily slip into the 1st round and nobody would bat an eye. I wouldn’t call it a reach at all.

He could be a special player at the next level.

bobblehead
02-24-2021, 12:05 PM

I say this about certain big men over the years. Cullen Jenkins, Aaron Donald, Andre Dillard. First 2 speak for themselves. Jury is out on Dillard as Philly ruins near everything they touch not named Foles.

GB-Brandon
02-24-2021, 12:13 PM
I say this about certain big men over the years. Cullen Jenkins, Aaron Donald, Andre Dillard. First 2 speak for themselves. Jury is out on Dillard as Philly ruins near everything they touch not named Foles.

Cause Philly has “Howie Roseman” who is actually worse then Gute if that’s Possible!!

smuggler
02-25-2021, 12:40 PM
A big man with moment skills has value. That doesn't automatically make him a difference maker, but those are the kind of guys you focus on for sure.

Joemailman
02-25-2021, 01:05 PM

Three sites I look at have Jordan rated 36, 94 and 95. 36 is probably more accurate. I don't think he goes in he 1st, but I also don't think he lasts until the Packers 2nd round pick.

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 01:32 PM
Three sites I look at have Jordan rated 36, 94 and 95. 36 is probably more accurate. I don't think he goes in he 1st, but I also don't think he lasts until the Packers 2nd round pick.

Exactly, which is why i said trade up in the second is what would need to happen. At the same time we have seen teams reach for TE’s in the first if they fall in Love with them. No way though he makes it to Packers second pick.

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 01:33 PM
A big man with moment skills has value. That doesn't automatically make him a difference maker, but those are the kind of guys you focus on for sure.

There is obviously “No Automatics” with anything however he “Checks All The Boxes”.

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 01:40 PM
If the Packers get Corey Davis in FA and then get Jordan in draft then OMG!!!! That would be just AMAZING!! We would be certainly heading in the right direction!! Nobody would hear a PEEP out of me!!! I’d be ALL IN!!!

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 05:11 PM
I really like Christensen. He was part of a real explosive offense line at BYU last year that just ran people over. He is gonna be 23 and someone that can probably contribute right away. Fits the the scheme. Can help early as a swing tackle and just a guy you can probably plug in all around which the Packers like to do. “Perfect Fit”!!!

He was thought to be a “Huge Sleeper” but other teams starting to figure it out. “Day 2”

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/seahawks-2021-nfl-draft-profile-brady-christensen

run pMc
02-25-2021, 09:00 PM

Agree. I think he's likely a mid R2 pick in a year where the TE class isn't great.

Hey look! If the 6'3" measurement is accurate, he's an inch taller and 7 pounds heavier than Deguara. ;)

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 10:41 PM
Agree. I think he's likely a mid R2 pick in a year where the TE class isn't great.

Hey look! If the 6'3" measurement is accurate, he's an inch taller and 7 pounds heavier than Deguara. ;)

Completely different type of player.

texaspackerbacker
02-26-2021, 06:07 AM
I didn't like the DeGuara pick, but we've got him now. Apparently the team thought highly of him last season. Let's give him a chance. Ditto that with Sternberger. Re-signing Marcedes cheap and having Dafney who was at worst a pleasant surprise, all of that backing up Tonyan who has become one of the better TEs in the league, that adds up to five. We do NOT need to waste a draft pick on Jordan or any other TE.

Bretsky
02-26-2021, 07:31 AM
I didn't like the DeGuara pick, but we've got him now. Apparently the team thought highly of him last season. Let's give him a chance. Ditto that with Sternberger. Re-signing Marcedes cheap and having Dafney who was at worst a pleasant surprise, all of that backing up Tonyan who has become one of the better TEs in the league, that adds up to five. We do NOT need to waste a draft pick on Jordan or any other TE.

Round 3 is cursed in Green Bay; I didn't like that pick at all and IMO it was a reach there.
He wasn't terrible while he was in for what it's worth

Joemailman
02-26-2021, 08:49 AM
Round 3 is cursed in Green Bay; I didn't like that pick at all and IMO it was a reach there.
He wasn't terrible while he was in for what it's worth

DeGuara may have been a bit of a reach, but I think he's a great fit for this offense. I think he'll break the 3rd round jinx if he fully recovers from his knee injury. I'm more concerned about Sternberger.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 10:00 AM
Deguara will be fine for what he is going to be asked to do but once again there was no need to be searching for that in round 3 with so many other needs. Another “Total Luxury Pick” pick by Gute!! They could of gotten what Deguara does on day 3 if not with an UDFA like they did with Dafney to fill the role.

Brevin Jordan supplies twitch and athleticism over the middle of the defense which the Packers have ZERO of other then MVS running a seam.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 10:03 AM

It’s pretty clear your vision is to Starve out the offense with nobody really relevant signed past 2021 at any skilled position.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Furthermore; between rounds 1-4 last year to this point we got:

A QB to run the SCOUT TEAM that is still trying to grasp the Playbook!!

A Power RB that is probably a two down back at best &

A Gadget H Back that can be used in certain schemes!!!

That’s NOT FUCKEN WINNING!! That’s for DAMN Sure!! Is it anymore obvious why this team can’t get over the Hump?

texaspackerbacker
02-26-2021, 01:40 PM
It’s pretty clear your vision is to Starve out the offense with nobody really relevant signed past 2021 at any skilled position.

I want Aaron Rodgers for 7-10 years; I want Aaron Jones for 4-6 years; I want Davante Adams for 5-7 years. Dillon is fine if paired with Jones, but I don't want to see him as the primary RB. All of that is hardly starving the offense. I see Valdez-Scantling, Lazard, and Tonyan as certainly top ten, maybe top five as second, third, and fourth receivers. That and the depth at TE is plenty IMO. I would like to get a kick returner/WR kinda like Rondale Moore, but I wouldn't want the Packers to draft one anywhere near early enough to get him. If we could pick up a guy like that in the 5th-7th round, that is the ONLY WR I want. If not, Malik Taylor will suffice.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 02:23 PM
I want Aaron Rodgers for 7-10 years; I want Aaron Jones for 4-6 years; I want Davante Adams for 5-7 years. Dillon is fine if paired with Jones, but I don't want to see him as the primary RB. All of that is hardly starving the offense. I see Valdez-Scantling, Lazard, and Tonyan as certainly top ten, maybe top five as second, third, and fourth receivers. That and the depth at TE is plenty IMO. I would like to get a kick returner/WR kinda like Rondale Moore, but I wouldn't want the Packers to draft one anywhere near early enough to get him. If we could pick up a guy like that in the 5th-7th round, that is the ONLY WR I want. If not, Malik Taylor will suffice.

Well this is where we disagree and that’s fine. As much as I like AJ I don’t trust him that far down the road on a big contract due to his position . I don’t trust MVS thrusted into a role anymore then a vertical threat matched up on favorable matchups by having “Better Weapons at the 2 and 3”. Lazard is a premier depth option. I don’t want anything to do with Rondale Moore as he massively injury prone and don’t see him turning into much more then a gadget option. He is so limited at this point and a huge reach to me. Way better options.

In my world I see “Greatness in “12” and the most sensible thing to do is surround him with as much “Greatness” as possible. This is the farthest thing that has happened!!! It’s a damn shame!

RashanGary
02-26-2021, 03:30 PM
I'm gonna trust these guys know how to evaluate talent well and have a good process and hope for the best.

GB-Brandon
02-26-2021, 03:47 PM
I'm gonna trust these guys know how to evaluate talent well and have a good process and hope for the best.

Yes. At the end of the day we’re stuck with their decisions. I thought the forum was designed to discuss them.

Trust these guys? HELL NO!! That was lost a long time ago! HOPE? A sliver that they will finally do the right thing.

The Renegade
02-26-2021, 04:10 PM
Probably one of the worst draft scenarios the universe could muster, but I cant see this past years collegiate season being a good enough readout on any of the incoming talents skill set and character. A national pandemic is going to add an astronomical amount of variables to the equation.

Upnorth
02-26-2021, 08:22 PM

The massive amount of success we have had the last 2 years proves they know more than most.
13-3 and nfccg 2 years consecutively. Points to good things imo.
Dont get me wrong a sb would be even better but I am grateful for the skill they have shown in roster building. There are players we can all point to that we feel would be the solution or missing piece, but ultimately those players also have to chose coming to lambeau.

RashanGary
02-26-2021, 09:06 PM
The massive amount of success we have had the last 2 years proves they know more than most.
13-3 and nfccg 2 years consecutively. Points to good things imo.
Dont get me wrong a sb would be even better but I am grateful for the skill they have shown in roster building. There are players we can all point to that we feel would be the solution or missing piece, but ultimately those players also have to chose coming to lambeau.

Pretty much. Preston and Graham were mistakes. Otherwise, gute has been gold.

Bretsky
02-26-2021, 09:07 PM
Pretty much. Preston and Graham were mistakes. Otherwise, gute has been gold.

do you seriously believe that or are you just trying to get under GBR's skin ?

RashanGary
02-26-2021, 09:08 PM
And Preston and graham were both somewhat productive. Just not A moves. More like D+. Other than that, Gutes been at or near the tops in the business.

RashanGary
02-26-2021, 09:08 PM
do you seriously believe that or are you just trying to get under GBR's skin ?

The Packers are one of the best teams in the league back to back. That is Gute.

Bretsky
02-26-2021, 10:44 PM

It's WAY more Rodgers than Gute IMO

Fritz
02-27-2021, 07:26 AM

I think the jury's still out on him.

Look at that offense. The best players on that offense are the following:

Rodgers
Bakhtieri
Linsley
Adams
Jones
Tonyan

Five of the six came from the much-maligned Ted Thompson.

Gute had a big hit with Jaire Alexander. The Z Smith signing looks good, the Rashan Gary pick looks like it's panning out (to my surprise). There have been some other good picks. But it's too soon to judge Gute.

GB-Brandon
02-27-2021, 08:22 AM
Yeah. He has lived off re-signing Ted’s key guys and Rodgers mostly. JUST ABOUT ANYBODY COULD OF DONE THAT!!! Can You Walk & Chew Gum At The Same Time?

He has added a few supplemental pieces but as described in an entire thread attributed to this with all the firepower laid at his feet by Thompson this has been a MASSIVE FAILURE overall!! He hasn’t come close to addressing the ongoing weaknesses that have plagued this team for years!!

GB-Brandon
02-27-2021, 08:44 AM

So True. Remove Rodgers and insert let’s say Jarred Goff and they aren’t even a playoff team with Gute’s BIG ROSTER. The receivers all the sudden become a GIGANTIC EYE SORE and the Defense becomes even more PUTRID having to make “More Stops Per Game”. Special Teams already Sucked which shows the back end of your roster was already suspect!!!

LaFluer all the sudden isn’t a genius and Pettine would of just struggled more and more. This will all be coming soon enough though as Brian Gutekunst/Mark Murphy are the No.1 catalyst too fans wearing garbage bags over their head @Lambeau soon enough!!

FUN TIMES!! We’ll see what RG has to say about all these Frauds then cause it’s gonna be even worse then GOFF!!!

falco
02-27-2021, 09:38 AM

Rodgers
Bakhtieri
Linsley
Adams
Jones
Tonyan

Gute had a big hit with Jaire Alexander. The Z Smith signing looks good, the Rashan Gary pick looks like it's panning out (to my surprise). There have been some other good picks. But it's too soon to judge Gute.

Does he get credit for signing MLF? Something changed to transform us from missing the playoffs 2 years in a row to back to back 13-3 seasons and NFCG appearances.

run pMc
02-27-2021, 11:31 AM
TT went 7-9 in his last year, Gute went 6-9-1 in his first year (the final M3/Philbin year). The hiring of MLF made a difference, and the roster has definitely improved since then 2017. GB outscored its opponents by 140 points this year, gave up 21 sacks, and "won the turnover battle" (stupid phrase) by a considerable margin.

It's fun to say it's because of one or two players, but the truth is it requires a lot of factors -- including a large dose of luck -- to play late January or February games. Yes, Gute should get some credit. He's not perfect but on balance he's made good moves the majority of the time.

I don't consider Preston to be a bad signing, I think last year he played well, and based on his history was likely to regress. I didn't think it would be as far as he did, however. He's still in his prime, can play EDGE well, and does not have any major injury history. He's basically Nick Perry except he doesn't miss games. Jimmy Graham was a bad signing, but I think they've figured out what they want from their TE room under MLF, and Jimmy was a M3-era signing.

They have a few warts on the roster, namely ILB, CB, OT, DL, and WR (IMO).

They'll need to replace Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams also, but I think they'll go cheap there (draft, PS, UDFA). Remember they have Patrick Taylor and Dexter Williams; I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor is RB3 and Williams is cut or stuck on PS. There are a number of RBs who will hit FA (Matt Breida?) who could also be signed to a reasonable contract and backup Dillon.

RashanGary
02-27-2021, 11:35 AM

And I truly do disagree with this. Offense is 40% of the game and the QB is 1/3 of the offense so maybe 15% of the overall team. You end up with a stafford situation if your QB doesn’t have a team around him.

Upnorth
02-27-2021, 01:42 PM

Rodgers
Bakhtieri
Linsley
Adams
Jones
Tonyan

Those first 5 are all awesome. On oline jenkins is better than linsley imo. Runyon looks dam good on limited snaps. Without wagner we are no where near the oline atbthe end of the season. Dillion coming off covid and performance when given the chance makes me okay with losing jones.
And imaging where yhis d is with out the smiths or gary or jaire?
Dont try to say its all ted.

texaspackerbacker
02-27-2021, 02:45 PM
I never liked Ted Thompson. He got lucky with Aaron Rodgers, both having him fall that far and having him turn out to be the GOAT. Other than that, he did very little to maximize the team. I even considered in the early Thompson days that his aim was to let the Packers fade into mediocrity and then have the team move. Because of Rodgers, of course, that didn't happen. but it wasn't that far-fetched.

Gutekunst IMO is off to a good start - maybe only good, not great. It's hard to say where drafting skill and drafting luck meet. Getting a relatively unknown Jaire Alexander and a few picks later a nationally acclaimed Josh Jackson demonstrates that. Which one was luck, and which one was skill? Who knows. I woulda predicted it to go the opposite way with those two at the time of the draft. Like Upnorth said, though, he has plenty of successes.

texaspackerbacker
02-27-2021, 02:49 PM
And I truly do disagree with this. Offense is 40% of the game and the QB is 1/3 of the offense so maybe 15% of the overall team. You end up with a stafford situation if your QB doesn’t have a team around him.

Both of those percentages seem too low, but your point is fairly valid. Stafford is more than decent, but the team failed. Part of that, however, was the mentality of Stafford (and just about every QB other than Aaron Rodgers) to take more risks and throw more interceptions.

GB-Brandon
02-27-2021, 02:57 PM

Really? Are you Fucken Serious? Rodgers took teams with the 31st ranked overall ranked defense to Champ Games! He also Muscled Playoff Wins with guys like Janis, RR & Abbrederis on deck!!! I don’t know if there has ever been anyone that has done more with less!!

Stafford has never even won a Fucken Playoff Game!!! Your Nuts!!! Just BLASPHEMY!!!

Bretsky
02-27-2021, 03:02 PM

Now I officially think you have lost your mind

GB-Brandon
02-27-2021, 03:06 PM
There are some Packer fans that are in for a BIG BIG BIG surprise coming up. Many deserve what they are gonna get.

Cray Cray Territory!!!

run pMc
02-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Both of those percentages seem too low, but your point is fairly valid. Stafford is more than decent, but the team failed. Part of that, however, was the mentality of Stafford (and just about every QB other than Aaron Rodgers) to take more risks and throw more interceptions.

I think a QB is about 20-25%, you need a competent defense and ST with a couple of playmakers to make the playoffs. It being a passing league, the joke is a QB at least as good as in-his-prime Andy Dalton is the bare minimum to sniff the playoffs. A Sam Bradford/Mark Sanchez type isn't gonna cut it. Once you find a QB who qualifies you want to keep them and build around them, unless you're convinced they are maxed out and not good enough (see: Wentz, Carson) and you want to keep looking. It all starts with a QB though: 20% for one of 22 spots is a big deal.

Stafford is an interesting case. He had Calvin Johnson for 7 seasons and they only managed 2 winning seasons, both ending in WC losses. A good QB can get you a chance, but you need other players to step up.

GB-Brandon
02-27-2021, 03:26 PM
THE DELUSION IS UNREAL!! This is a fanbase that has been spoiled rotten with HOF QB play for 30 years so they don’t appreciate it!! By reading these posts and the attitude it’s almost treated as a “Given”. They are about to find out real soon though and it’s gonna be a lot of well deserved MISERY. You’d think they’d get it with seeing Hundley out there in “17” or Tolzein in “13”. I guess that wasn’t enough!!

It’s gonna be worse this time cause Rodgers ISN’T COMING BACK!!!!

RashanGary
02-27-2021, 04:40 PM
A great GM will find a great QB. No worries