PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Rams

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 06:35 PM
Defense didn't always have it together, but came up with sacks when they needed them.

Crazy what Packers offense did to NFL's #1 defense. But for bad drop by Lazard, might have put up 40 points.

188 yards rushing is getting it done in January.

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 06:39 PM
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/5a/b5a376a7-1d8d-5c29-bd60-eae304e21c7f/5c50c8ab41e4c.image.jpg

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 06:45 PM
Defense didn't always have it together, but came up with sacks when they needed them.

Crazy what Packers offense did to NFL's #1 defense. But for bad drop by Lazard, might have put up 40 points.

188 yards rushing is getting it done in January.

Yeah, those timely sacks are why I called the pass rush a "stud".

This team is peaking at the right time.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2021, 07:01 PM
Mailman, quit posting pics of rednecks and their animal carcasses.

Take winning humbly with, to borrow Mumford and Sons, grace in your heart and flowers in your hair. Not arrogantly, to borrow, Harrell and Sons (yes, our Harrell), disgrace in your heart and thorns in your hair.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 07:02 PM
Raises hand.....
Excuse me but What does more banjo mean anyway?

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 07:08 PM
Raises hand.....
Excuse me but What does more banjo mean anyway?

Don't remember exactly. Originally had to do with when Chris Banjo played for Packers. It's the postgame thread.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 07:13 PM
Don't remember exactly. Originally had to do with when Chris Banjo played for Packers. It's the postgame thread.

Lol ok

QBME
01-16-2021, 08:24 PM
Thread/topic originated by PBMAX, a once topical contributor but shut down by some, how to explain... um, ASSHOLES.
Well, time tries all worthiness, if you get my drift. And if not..ARGO.

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 08:34 PM
Packers with 36 passing attempts, 36 rushing attempts.

run pMc
01-16-2021, 08:38 PM
I think it's a take on "More Cowbell" but since we had Chris Banjo on the team, 'More Banjo' was the joke title that stuck.

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2021, 08:52 PM

MLF is a Super Bowl caliber play caller.

run pMc
01-16-2021, 08:53 PM
Goff played better than I thought. Quick throws and fast tempo neutralized pass rush often. Rashan Gary had a huge game, so did Kenny Clark. Pettine did some interesting things, dropping 7 or 8 a lot. Sure tackling was going to be important this game, and it was. They did enough to stop Akers, but I think GB getting ahead early and staying there eventually was what did it.

Rodgers missed a few throws -- there were 3 or 4 that would have been huge gains with better placement. I'm sure he'll be happy to be playing next week -- and after barely being touched -- but those throws will haunt him. Overall he played a very good game, at times he made it look ridiculously easy. He's gotta be the MVP this year.
WR had a few drops but overall I thought they played well. That Lazard drop had me screaming at the TV, but the redemptive long strike off PA made up for it. MVS did well; should be good for his confidence going forward. The Adams vs. Ramsey battle was about what I thought it would be -- both had their wins. Adams did most of his when Ramsey was covering someone else, or playing off. Adams didn't have gaudy stats but he didn't need to -- he made a few good plays and helped keep the offense ahead on downs. Tonyan had an impactful game for a TE as a receiver and the WR's & TE's blocked well.
You have to give the OL a ton of credit -- that defense was legit, and even if you subtract the 60+ yarder from Jones they worked over that DL. You can't play your DL 100% of the snaps, and with Donald being hurt he didn't play as many snaps. All the same, Jenkins won that battle. Some of the others had trouble with him, but having a guy who can just neutralize a guy like Donald is worth a LOT. Linsley did a nice job too. Overall it's hard to complain about the OL on this one... they'll need to carry that into next week.
Hope Dillon's injury isn't serious -- anyone have word on it? Was nice to see all 3 split carries. Jamaal ran like a man possessed, but Jones is clearly the best of the 3 -- he just has a quick feet, balance, and vision to get into the secondary, even if he can't outrun a safety.

Feel embarrassed to nitpick after a playoff win, but this team could actually execute better. They had their typical 3Q lull and some ST issues but overall a satisfying win.

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2021, 09:02 PM
Jamal ran like a guy who doesn't want to be the odd man out next year.

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2021, 09:05 PM
Rodgers missed a few throws

BS. Don’t even start this bullshit. Those balls should have been caught. No QB will be entirely perfect. Rodgers was the biggest difference in this game. He’s going to win us a Superb Owl. Guy is phenomenal—even against the best defense in the NFL. Nobody is going to be perfect.

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2021, 09:15 PM

Do kneel downs count as rushing attempts? That chart of run plays v pass plays in the other thread makes more sense if they do.

Tony Oday
01-16-2021, 09:20 PM
BS. Don’t even start this bullshit. Those balls should have been caught. No QB will be entirely perfect. Rodgers was the biggest difference in this game. He’s going to win us a Superb Owl. Guy is phenomenal—even against the best defense in the NFL. Nobody is going to be perfect.

He played a great game but like 4 throws he places them better they could get 20 more yards easy. Still played like the MVP.

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2021, 09:31 PM
He played a great game but like 4 throws he places them better they could get 20 more yards easy. Still played like the MVP.

Should have been caught.

smuggler
01-16-2021, 09:34 PM
The only egregious ones were the bomb to MVS that sailed OOB and the crosser in the flat to ESB that he put behind him. The one in the end zone to MVS and the one off Lazard's fingertips were good enough to have been caught for TDs.

MadScientist
01-16-2021, 09:59 PM

He had two in the end zone that could have been picked if the Rams could have held on better. Those will stick with him and motivate him to do even better next week.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2021, 10:12 PM
Jamal ran like a guy who doesn't want to be the odd man out next year.

For real. He looked really, really good.

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 10:44 PM
Nfl network replays game at 10pm pst

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 10:44 PM
And of course during the week for sure

KYPack
01-16-2021, 10:49 PM
The replays are fixed too, SC

Bossman641
01-16-2021, 11:49 PM
This OL is amazing. No sacks for rodgers, right?

Bossman641
01-16-2021, 11:53 PM
Spoiled, no doubt, but I'd put this game at a B to B minus to Rodgers. He missed the bomb to MVS, the throw to MVS on first drive in end zone was high, and had the dropped ints on the last drive of first half.

George Cumby
01-17-2021, 07:55 AM
Spoiled, no doubt, but I'd put this game at a B to B minus to Rodgers. He missed the bomb to MVS, the throw to MVS on first drive in end zone was high, and had the dropped ints on the last drive of first half.

He seemed a little less accurate yesterday, but his QBR was still a solid 108.

Three of the drops he could have thrown it better, and that's using his past performance as a comparison, but the receivers had their hands on those balls as well, so there's stuff to be cleaned up on both sides.

bobblehead
01-17-2021, 08:14 AM

I agree. Its totally unfair to be honest. /sarc

Harvey, is it really unfair to say this was Rodgers B game and it will still likely be the best game by a QB this weekend? Thats just the truth of it. He missed MVS twice. One of the COULD have been caught, but if you ask Rodgers he would say it was on him. He still played a GOAT game. No one is perfect, but I bet he wishes he had about 3 throws back.

bobblehead
01-17-2021, 08:17 AM

Nah, he still gets a solid B+. Its only because we are spoiled with A to A+ that we think this game was anything else. Did you watch the other game? Jackson and Allen weren't even close to Rodgers.

Fritz
01-17-2021, 09:13 AM
Nah, he still gets a solid B+. Its only because we are spoiled with A to A+ that we think this game was anything else. Did you watch the other game? Jackson and Allen weren't even close to Rodgers.

I was thinking the same thing. I watched that game, and neither QB could hold a candle to Rodgers. This is in part because, as I think Mad said, Rodgers plays the game like it's a video game. He sees everything, everything, that's happening, and so his reads are rarely, rarely wrong.

I think like so many others here that Rodgers did not have his best game. The two end-of-first-half throwns into the end zone - it was only luck that neither was intercepted. Missing a wide open MVS there in the third quarter (although we know MVS might've dropped it).

On the other hand, his throw behind Encyclopedia St. Brown was still catchable - I count that as a drop. And while they would've been great catches, I thought the two throws into the end zone on (I think) that first drive of the game were both well-thrown and could have been caught. Adams would've caught them. And then there's Lazard's drop of the game - that would've iced it in the third quarter instead of letting the Rams back in.

But as so many have said, a "B" game from Rodgers is an "A" game from any other QB. The guy just sees everything.

For me, it was frustrating that the team seemed to dominate for long stretches yet the Rams were within a TD in that third quarter. I think the ST sucked again - that idiotic bad snap, the even more idiotic decision by JK Twat to shovel the ball to Crosby like it was a hot potato he wanted no part of, the continued ineptitude of the return teams, and that kickoff return by the Rams that got them to about the 454 yard line. I hate this special teams.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 09:54 AM
He had two in the end zone that could have been picked if the Rams could have held on better. Those will stick with him and motivate him to do even better next week.

It was at the end of the first half and he was trying to be aggressive. Packers were 8 for 11 on 3rd down and one of those 3rd downs didn’t count really as it was at the end of the game running out clock. Running the ball helped big time but Rodgers was magical as usual this game.

What he had to go through this season with all the drops and he just keeps coming back and throwing strikes. These types of drops kill most teams. Rodgers is man on a mission and playing like he won’t be denied!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 09:58 AM
It’s not that the Packers are so good that they can drop balls and get away with it. It’s that Aaron Rodgers is so damn good that they can get away with it. I’ve never seen anything like it!!!

They really need to build a statue of him in front of Lambeau!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:06 AM
Maybe Mike Pettine should take a page out of Rodgers playbook and be a little more “Aggressive” and trust his talent and defense and quit being such a Fucken pussy. That’s the biggest problem I see. Mahommes, Allen or Brady will light that stupid shit he is running at times up!!!

Fritz
01-17-2021, 10:15 AM
Maybe Mike Pettine should take a page out of Rodgers playbook and be a little more “Aggressive” and trust his talent and defense and quit being such a Fucken pussy. That’s the biggest problem I see. Mahommes, Allen or Brady will light that stupid shit he is running at times up!!!

Well, I get that. I even agree, to an extent. But you do run the risk of allowing the other team to score in one or two big plays, and then all the work your offense has done is unraveled. There was a coordinator - was it Greg Williams? - who called an all-out blitz on the last play of the game in order to be "aggressive" and got burned - and then fired.

So I see both sides. I do think, ultimately, this defense is better when it is more aggressive. They stand back and play loose, and it's not like it's taking the other side seven or eight minutes to score. They're still scoring pretty quickly.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:23 AM
Well, I get that. I even agree, to an extent. But you do run the risk of allowing the other team to score in one or two big plays, and then all the work your offense has done is unraveled. There was a coordinator - was it Greg Williams? - who called an all-out blitz on the last play of the game in order to be "aggressive" and got burned - and then fired.

So I see both sides. I do think, ultimately, this defense is better when it is more aggressive. They stand back and play loose, and it's not like it's taking the other side seven or eight minutes to score. They're still scoring pretty quickly.

I never said anything about “All Out Blitzes” but going into a total prevent and playing way off the ball with rushing three isn’t “Playoff Football” with the game in balance as far as I’m concerned!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:27 AM
Why spend all those 1st round draft picks on the secondary and overall defense and spend all that $ on the free agents to just sit back & play some soft zone and rush 3 guys?

We really didn’t need to go through all the expense!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:32 AM
Do you buy a Ferrari to drive 60 MPh?

Fritz
01-17-2021, 10:38 AM
Why spend all those 1st round draft picks on the secondary and overall defense and spend all that $ on the free agents to just sit back & play some soft zone and rush 3 guys?

We really didn’t need to go through all the expense!!!!

So taking into account the score of the game, how much time is left, and other parts of the context, should not be taken into account when devising a defensive strategy because you spent a bunch of money on some players?

Glad you're not the coordinator.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:43 AM
So taking into account the score of the game, how much time is left, and other parts of the context, should not be taken into account when devising a defensive strategy because you spent a bunch of money on some players?

Glad you're not the coordinator.

Early in the game the Rams went right down the field the with virtually the same defensive looks. They jumped offsides which pretty much kept them out of the endzone. We got lucky holding them to 3.

This has been going on with Pettine all year.

Zool
01-17-2021, 11:34 AM

You start with saying bullshit, then move on to nobody’s perfect. Conflicting viewpoints.

I said to my friend yesterday that I am spoiled as fuck when Rodgers hits a guy on his back shoulder on a drag route and I’m pissed about it. He was off a bit yesterday, and his off is better then basically anyone else.

He did fuck that throw to MVS at the goal line where they settled for a FG. 7-0 after deferring the opening kickoff would be demoralizing and 3-0 is a moral victory. Other than that, he was missing throws by a foot or two that he’s made for 15 years. We are spoiled.

Bossman641
01-17-2021, 11:39 AM

Agreed. I'm judging him on his own scale. His B have is an A for others.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 11:50 AM
Whatever!! MVS has to make that Fucken Catch and help out his QB!! It’s like if Rodgers doesn’t put the ball in the guys face mask it’s on Rodgers. I call bullshit!!

Not only can some of these receivers consistently not catch “routine balls” but asking them to make any difficult or contested catch is like asking for a miracle!!!

It’s been the only thing really slowing the offense down all season.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 11:51 AM
Agreed. I'm judging him on his own scale. His B have is an A for others.

How about this scale?

GOAT!!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 11:52 AM
Statue in front of Lambeau!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 12:01 PM
Rodgers is running this offense with a piece missing from the engine. The scheme is in place. We have best receiver in the NFL IMO. We have an all-star RB and nice complimentary backs. We have a decent TE and some other complimentary receivers. We have a competent and effective OL.

So while the Offense is no.1 and everything and putting up numbers there is that piece missing. This is the piece that would put us at true “Greatness” that Lombardi talked about. That is what I thought the target was.

Rodgers is the one overcompensating for that missing piece so to blame for anything is ridiculous!!!!

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 12:11 PM
Rodgers is running this offense with a piece missing from the engine. The scheme is in place. We have best receiver in the NFL IMO. We have an all-star RB and nice complimentary backs. We have a decent TE and some other complimentary receivers. We have a competent and effective OL.

So while the Offense is no.1 and everything and putting up numbers there is that piece missing. This is the piece that would put us at true “Greatness” that Lombardi talked about. That is what I thought the target was.

Rodgers is the one overcompensating for that missing piece so to blame for anything is ridiculous!!!!

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

KYPack
01-17-2021, 12:12 PM
Still looking for more info. but...

AJ Dillon left the game with a Quad injury and didn't return. When I run into more info I will post.

Hey Mr Broken Record, get off the "Gute didn't draft the wide receivers I wanted so I wanna complain" kick.

It's fucking annoying.

Fritz
01-17-2021, 12:14 PM
Early in the game the Rams went right down the field the with virtually the same defensive looks. They jumped offsides which pretty much kept them out of the endzone. We got lucky holding them to 3.

This has been going on with Pettine all year.

The Rams played giddy-up, which kept the same Packer defense on the field - and that has not been done much to them this year. Pettine better address that, cuz you know the Saints and Bucs noticed that. The Moose addressed that - the Rams got the Pack in a defensive scheme that worked for the Rams, so the hurry-up allowed them to exploit that.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 12:26 PM

AJ Dillon left the game with a Quad injury and didn't return. When I run into more info I will post.

Hey Mr Broken Record, get off the "Gute didn't draft the wide receivers I wanted so I wanna complain" kick.

It's fucking annoying.

Dillon okay.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 12:33 PM

It's fucking annoying.

And I didn’t mention anything today that wasn’t brought up in the “National Media” today so obviously people thought it was “Newsworthy”

People on here wanna say “Rodgers Had a So So Game Blah Blah” etc etc and I’m not having it.

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2021, 01:02 PM
What is defensive aggressiveness? Is it rushing 5+ on a consistent basis? Bump and run coverage? Selling out to stop the run? I hear that Pettine should be "more aggressive" but what specifically should the defense do? If your answer is "Just be different than what they are", that's a copout.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 01:07 PM
The Last two “Meaningful Games” should of been over in the 3rd quarter and weren’t because of “Dropped Balls”. Instead they continued on and were still hanging in the balance to be resolved later requiring Rodgers to make “More Plays”. I love how everyone Fucken just overlooks that!!!

And then gets mad at me for pointing it out!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 01:14 PM
What is defensive aggressiveness? Is it rushing 5+ on a consistent basis? Bump and run coverage? Selling out to stop the run? I hear that Pettine should be "more aggressive" but what specifically should the defense do? If your answer is "Just be different than what they are", that's a copout.

I don’t like all of the off coverage. The soft zones. We spent all this premium and $ on this talented secondary. They all rate pretty high other then King. I’d like to see them play tighter and allow us to bring an extra guy. Disrupt pass lanes more. The Rams didn’t have Kupp. I don’t see why we played the way we did. I think they should of played it with more in the box and tighter but I can understand in certain situations playing it with the lead.

Moving forward I don’t think sitting back against the competition we’re gonna be facing is gonna work. Petting is gonna have to take a chance. He just seems to be holding back to me. Well see if he adjusts more moving forward against these teams coming up.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 01:25 PM
The Rams played giddy-up, which kept the same Packer defense on the field - and that has not been done much to them this year. Pettine better address that, cuz you know the Saints and Bucs noticed that. The Moose addressed that - the Rams got the Pack in a defensive scheme that worked for the Rams, so the hurry-up allowed them to exploit that.

Like I posted they can’t sit back against these teams potentially coming up. We will get picked apart. Pettine has to get out of this “Play Not To Lose Mentality” against the teams coming up.

That doesn’t mean “Cover Zero Max Blitz” but just to tighten it up.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 01:33 PM
I got to give a shout out to the Offensive Line. Sorry for ever doubting any of those guys. So proud of what those guys have done and accomplished. To come out there and perform the way they did after losing Bakh. They Fucken kicked the Rams teeth in. That was just a beautiful performance by the Packers offensive line. That was “Greatness In Motion”

Thanks for that performance guys. It’s was very enjoyable!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 02:11 PM
People keep fighting me on this ‘Missing Piece” like I’m trying to give them a Fucken root canal!! Do you people understand how unstoppable we would be? Do you realize the POWER? We’re talking about a 50- 60 point offense gods sake!! Literally boat racing teams off the field by halftime. More Lambeau leaps then you can count!! That’s how good Rodgers is and that’s how close we are to obtaining “Greatness”.

We could stack a few Lomabardi’s and leave a HUGE MARK!!!! Lombardi would be smiling!!!!

StPaulPackFan
01-17-2021, 02:43 PM
People keep fighting me on this ‘Missing Piece” like I’m trying to give them a Fucken root canal!! Do you people understand how unstoppable we would be? Do you realize the POWER? We’re talking about a 50- 60 point offense gods sake!! Literally boat racing teams off the field by halftime. More Lambeau leaps then you can count!! That’s how good Rodgers is and that’s how close we are to obtaining “Greatness”.

We could stack a few Lomabardi’s and leave a HUGE MARK!!!! Lombardi would be smiling!!!!

Just curious, which rookie WR would have been this transcendent missing piece? The only rookie WR that had an enormous year was Jefferson and he was long gone when we drafted.

GB gave up a 4th round pick to move up 26. I suppose they could have given up a 3rd or 2nd to move up farther but I think that was highly unlikely. So which receiver drafted after the 26 pick would have been this missing piece? Seriously, who?

RashanGary
01-17-2021, 03:04 PM
If it's all Rodgers why doesn't he always have these stats? I'd argue his stats are better this year because the cohesion and guys around him are better than his recent down years.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2021, 03:29 PM
It isn't ALL Rodgers; It isn't even all Rodgers and Jones. However, it certainly is mostly Rodgers, Jones, and the receiver group. Our O Line has been better this year than in the past, but that is mainly due to the skill players making them look good. The Bakhtiari injury sort of proves that. I always said that sacred cow was overrated. Of the rest of the line, Linsley and Jenkins are obviously damn good, but the other three, face it, are mediocre players. For years and years, Rodgers has been rushed horribly, forced out of the pocket, and made a lot of plays anyway. This year, he's getting rid of the ball quicker - a big deal to a lot of people. I never liked that idea because to me, it meant getting careless and throwing picks. The difference this year is a better set of pass routes, thanks to LaFleur, etc. so Rodgers can throw it quick without much risk. In fairness to the line, though, there were times yesterday and even a few times in other games where the pass protection was really impressive. But many times it hasn't been, and that's generally not a problem with Aaron Rodgers. As for the running game, Aaron Jones has unique ability to squirt through a slim hole and turn it on with a burst of speed like few others. That's partly thanks to good blocking by the line, but those slim holes wouldn't be enough for most RBs most of the time to get through. And of course, get Jones through the line, and he's gonna get a lot more yards than most RBs most of the time.

So IMO, we could use five pretty mediocre O Linemen out there and be just about as good as we are now. Without Jones, though, the whole thing gets a lot worse, and without Rodgers, of course the ship sinks.

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 04:40 PM
If it's all Rodgers why doesn't he always have these stats? I'd argue his stats are better this year because the cohesion and guys around him are better than his recent down years.

I've felt for years AROD's ability gets us to 9-10 wins and a playoff birth every year; then the surrounding talent gets us over the top in playoffs or not.

Zool
01-17-2021, 04:41 PM
https://i.redd.it/2lba6otsbxb61.png

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 04:41 PM
Just curious, which rookie WR would have been this transcendent missing piece? The only rookie WR that had an enormous year was Jefferson and he was long gone when we drafted.

GB gave up a 4th round pick to move up 26. I suppose they could have given up a 3rd or 2nd to move up farther but I think that was highly unlikely. So which receiver drafted after the 26 pick would have been this missing piece? Seriously, who?

Any of them would have helped

Tee Higgins and Chase Claypool are two easy picks and perhaps Pittman as well

Guiness
01-17-2021, 04:50 PM

Ya, I remember when these started, I think I was stumping for 'more taco'!

StPaulPackFan
01-17-2021, 05:24 PM
Any of them would have helped

Tee Higgins and Chase Claypool are two easy picks and perhaps Pittman as well

Sure, but would any of them have been the "missing piece" that GBB is claiming? Jefferson was really the only field tilter as a rookie and GB didn't have a shot at him.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2021, 05:28 PM
Granted, any of those and a lot of others at various positions woulda been better than picking Jordan Love, but the fact remains, we are just fine at WR without anybody else, and the same applies to the bad idea of drafting a WR early this coming draft.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 05:50 PM
I could name 7 or 8 guys we could of gotten or aggressively traded up for. If we can aggressively trade up for a QB then we certainly can for a WR and getting the “Missing Piece.”

You can’t look at a certain player that is playing in a certain system and not having a certain success and then say he couldn’t help us. That’s just nonsense. You have to have the vision to see that players talent and see what he would do in your system. That’s how the great Bill Belichick does it and there were at least 8 rookie receivers that would of come in here and out-produced our “JAGS” and by now pushed us into “GREATNESS IN MOTION.”

If you want to keep your head in the sand then go right ahead!!!

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 05:58 PM
Sure, but would any of them have been the "missing piece" that GBB is claiming? Jefferson was really the only field tilter as a rookie and GB didn't have a shot at him.

I know I was ripped and that is ok but I said before the draft one WR I'd try to trade up for if he fell past 15 would be CeeDee Lamb. Jefferson may have been the only one to blow up stat wise, but many of these guys are the real deal IMO. And given the opportunity in GB the stats may have been way way better than what they had last year

Given our WR's, how many of these guys might be our 2nd best WR ? I certainly think some of them would have been IMO

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 05:59 PM
Granted, any of those and a lot of others at various positions woulda been better than picking Jordan Love, but the fact remains, we are just fine at WR without anybody else, and the same applies to the bad idea of drafting a WR early this coming draft.

Once again the front office tried to make an aggressive trade for Will Fuller at the trade dead line! It appears some in the organization are tired of watching the consistent drops and errors too and don’t feel the same as you!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 06:04 PM

Do you understand what the missing piece is in the LaFluer offense?

Do we have to go all the way back to square 1?

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 06:06 PM
I don’t have time for all this right now. Sorry!!!

It’s been explained on here many many many times. I will re-post it again for the 100th time when i have more time.

Joemailman
01-17-2021, 06:14 PM

It’s been explained on here many many many times. I will re-post it again for the 100th time when i have more time.

Oh really. You don't have to. You've already done more than we could possibly have asked for.

StPaulPackFan
01-17-2021, 08:03 PM
Do you understand what the missing piece is in the LaFluer offense?

Do we have to go all the way back to square 1?

I'm not trying to be a dick but this is your OPINION and that's all it is. Just because you keep repeating it over, and over, and over, and over doesn't makes it a fact.

GB has the top scoring offense in the league. Drafting a WR may have made them better. Maybe it wouldn't have. I guess we'll never know. Honestly, I also was hoping that GB would get a WR on draft day, mostly because it seemed MVS had fallen off the map. They didn't but have gone on to have an awesome season.

I asked my original question because I was hoping you would give an honest answer. I appreciated your input in the 2021 Draft Thread so I thought you might have some player insight like "Higgins would have been great because of this...". Or something along those lines.

I personally don't watch much football besides the Packers. So all I can do is look at stats from the rookie WRs to see how they stacked up. So my analysis is weak at best.

I come to this site because there is a lot of good analysis and content. I was actually hoping to get your insight, and would still love to hear it. Also, a little advice. Insulting others never makes you look smarter.

KYPack
01-17-2021, 08:20 PM

why don't you give this a whirl. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT ALL THE ROOK WR'S WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED. WE ARE GOING TO PLAY FOR THE NFCC IN LAMBEAU NEXT WEEK. YOU ARE JUST AN INSANE POSTER ON A PACKER SITE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT.

You bitch about Goot, you bitch about Pettine, when those boys are doing a great job.

28 teams would give their left nut to be in our position. We know it ain't good enough for you because you are insane.

Thx for your post, STPPF. Most of the rest of this know this cat is a boob, but we are too burned out with his bullshit to respond.

Great to see a newer poster join the fray.

George Cumby
01-17-2021, 08:21 PM

Oh. No. Please. Don't leave. Wait.......

Zool
01-17-2021, 08:31 PM
One more time for those in the back....Baconator doesn't suck! By the halfway point of last year, he was the LB equivalent of Darrell Thompson. He's really turned it around and looks down right competent.

Spaulding
01-17-2021, 08:39 PM
Whatever!! MVS has to make that Fucken Catch and help out his QB!! It’s like if Rodgers doesn’t put the ball in the guys face mask it’s on Rodgers. I call bullshit!!

Not only can some of these receivers consistently not catch “routine balls” but asking them to make any difficult or contested catch is like asking for a miracle!!!

It’s been the only thing really slowing the offense down all season.

Do you honestly watch any other NFL games? Your constant barrage on lack of an “NFL” caliber receiver is beyond over top. I agree with you on Aaron Rodgers being a hall of fame player but you fail to ever call him out on any bad throw, poor read or holding the ball too long (and no it’s not always due to nobody being open as he simply misses seeing the open player).

Drops are part of the game, too many and a player will be gone. I can accept a few drops though given MVS stretches the field. Would love to see you take the time to look up NFL receiver drop rates and prove MVS/Lazard are as bad as you make them out to be versus the league average. From my research they seem to more reliable than many big names. We can discuss sources if you decide to refute.

Part of what makes this offense so potent is the varied distribution outside of Devante. Defenses don’t know where it’s coming from.

KYPack
01-17-2021, 08:51 PM
Zool. I apologize my brother.

I know I wasn't supposed to respond to this dumb ass, dip shit, troll motherfucker.

I broke my word.

But I couldn't take it anymore.

smuggler
01-17-2021, 08:57 PM
One more time for those in the back....Baconator doesn't suck! By the halfway point of last year, he was the LB equivalent of Darrell Thompson. He's really turned it around and looks down right competent.

Baconator = Preston?

Or are you talking about Martinez playing decently well for the New Jersey Football Giants?

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2021, 09:09 PM
Baconator = Preston?

Or are you talking about Martinez playing decently well for the New Jersey Football Giants?

Rashan Gary. I agree he has really come on the past couple months.

QBME
01-17-2021, 09:44 PM

I know I wasn't supposed to respond to this dumb ass, dip shit, troll motherfucker.

I broke my word.

KY - Don’t sweat it. We’ve “known “ each other since the JS Online days and we’ve seen the d bags come and go, and there have been some big ones. They truly don’t know squat. When a poster feels it necessary to respond to himself for five, six or seven consecutive posts, it’s only an embarrassment to themselves.

Sit back, relax and chuckle and chortle about what a flaming ignorant asshole you are witnessing.

Don’t give the mental midget the time of day.

Go Pack Go!

Sparkey
01-17-2021, 10:02 PM

I broke my word.

I found the ignore feature to be very helpful.

smuggler
01-17-2021, 10:23 PM
When a poster feels it necessary to respond to himself for five, six or seven consecutive posts, it’s only an embarrassment to themselves.

That said, I do miss woodbuck.

th87
01-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Haven't been here for the fights, but a shifty speedster would've helped with our third quarter funks. Would've tried for AB; at the least he'd be kept away from the Bucs.

I don't think enough had been done for Rodgers until recently. Pettine is the last weak link left.

smuggler
01-17-2021, 10:27 PM
I do think some of the Pettine hate is a little overblown. Preston dropping into coverage is probably the worst of it. The D has played better as the season has gone along. We haven't given up 20 points in the last 4 games. Young guys are developing and playing well. I think Pettine deserves some credit for that.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:32 PM
I'm not trying to be a dick but this is your OPINION and that's all it is. Just because you keep repeating it over, and over, and over, and over doesn't makes it a fact.

GB has the top scoring offense in the league. Drafting a WR may have made them better. Maybe it wouldn't have. I guess we'll never know. Honestly, I also was hoping that GB would get a WR on draft day, mostly because it seemed MVS had fallen off the map. They didn't but have gone on to have an awesome season.

I asked my original question because I was hoping you would give an honest answer. I appreciated your input in the 2021 Draft Thread so I thought you might have some player insight like "Higgins would have been great because of this...". Or something along those lines.

I personally don't watch much football besides the Packers. So all I can do is look at stats from the rookie WRs to see how they stacked up. So my analysis is weak at best.

I come to this site because there is a lot of good analysis and content. I was actually hoping to get your insight, and would still love to hear it. Also, a little advice. Insulting others never makes you look smarter.

There is no sense in explaining it all now. There is nothing we can do to improve it at this time. That ship has sailed and Rodgers is gonna have to overcome the deficiency against the Big Boys that lie ahead. We will be moving more into that as we get into draft talk and free agency. I will completely lay out “the why” and “the how” of what we need regarding “The Missing Piece.”

Maybe some of the “Dumbs Dumbs” will get it the second time or third time around!!!!

I just don’t like hearing all this crap about Rodgers and “So So this and that.” Most of them don’t even Fucken deserve Rodgers as their QB!!!

KYPack
01-17-2021, 10:33 PM
KY - Don’t sweat it. We’ve “known “ each other since the JS Online days and we’ve seen the d bags come and go, and there have been some big ones. They truly don’t know squat. When a poster feels it necessary to respond to himself for five, six or seven consecutive posts, it’s only an embarrassment to themselves.

Sit back, relax and chuckle and chortle about what a flaming ignorant asshole you are witnessing.

Go Pack Go!

THX QBME

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 10:51 PM
KY is right in the sense that this is the time to focus all energy and emotion on Tampa Bay and try to win a World Championship. We have to try and win it with what we have. There will be plenty of time for the rest of this stuff!

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 11:03 PM
Haven't been here for the fights, but a shifty speedster would've helped with our third quarter funks. Would've tried for AB; at the least he'd be kept away from the Bucs.

I don't think enough had been done for Rodgers until recently. Pettine is the last weak link left.

This is all I’ve pretty much been saying but I’ve been called “INSANE”

I’m done with it for now!!!

QBME
01-17-2021, 11:14 PM
That said, I do miss woodbuck.

:)

th87
01-18-2021, 02:12 AM
I do think some of the Pettine hate is a little overblown. Preston dropping into coverage is probably the worst of it. The D has played better as the season has gone along. We haven't given up 20 points in the last 4 games. Young guys are developing and playing well. I think Pettine deserves some credit for that.

Z has had to go up to his office and tell him to be more aggressive. LaFleur passive-aggressively calls him out constantly, and has called timeouts to get him to rush more than 3. All this investment there (5 first rounders or close; tons of FA'cy money), for players who are all individually good, but sums up to mediocrity as a whole, allowing long drives before halftime to the likes of Trubisky (who has the one stupid bootleg in his arsenal) and a thumbless Goff (who had like 2 incompletions missing his best receiver?).

And looking at last year - we 100% lose that Seattle playoff game if Carroll goes for it on 4th at the end, and 150 some yards for the journeyman Mostert before contact, where they have to throw only 8 passes, because they couldn't figure that out. I was okay on him before this, but SF proved he's not the best choice. This year has more head-scratchers that we're fortunate to be overcoming because of the talent, and the offense. I'm terrified of what the Bucs cook up.

th87
01-18-2021, 02:40 AM

Regarding drafting a WR, they generally take time to develop, and I'm not sure Rodgers would've built the necessary trust for it to pay off this year (but then again Adams was a solid contributor his rookie year and had a big play against Dallas that year; also instrumental in the game winner against Miami). But I also understand the need to plan for the future, and if they felt an absolute franchise guy was there for the taking, I can't hate on them for that (but definitely would hate it if it's a flyer).

But an extra speed guy would've been nice.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 05:27 AM
I've felt for years AROD's ability gets us to 9-10 wins and a playoff birth every year; then the surrounding talent gets us over the top in playoffs or not.

Hence, we're the best team in the NFC this year. That's a lot better than 9-7 with Rodgers and a cast of losers and a one and done playoff birth.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 05:31 AM
Jones and Adams are far from a cast of losers. And Tonyan, Lazard and (Mercedes/MVS) are good enough to catch the open ones and Williams spells Jones so Jones stays fresh and pass pros for 12 on third down.

I don't think you'd want Tonyan or Lazard as your 1st or 2nd weapon but thankfully they're 3rd and 4th in the best offense in Packer history.

run pMc
01-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Regarding drafting a WR, they generally take time to develop, and I'm not sure Rodgers would've built the necessary trust for it to pay off this year (but then again Adams was a solid contributor his rookie year and had a big play against Dallas that year; also instrumental in the game winner against Miami). But I also understand the need to plan for the future, and if they felt an absolute franchise guy was there for the taking, I can't hate on them for that (but definitely would hate it if it's a flyer).

But an extra speed guy would've been nice.

Agree with this.

Agree with other posters who -- like many in the fan base -- wanted a WR drafted due to perceived need and draft depth. I still do. Gute was looking at Will Fuller mid-season, so you know he still thinks they can be better.
The argument that there would be addition by subtraction of G-Mo and Graham was also valid. Lazard and Tonyan are FAR more efficient and productive receivers. That, and the team being in Year 2 of the MLF offense and getting more comfortable with it is the difference IMO.
Going forward, they still need that WR.

I don't understand why every topic on this site has to devolve into this discussion. It's been beaten to death.

One last comment: The Rams only gave up 30+ points one other time all season; they gave up on average about 285 yards on defense per game, GB put up 484 w/ 0 sacks or turnovers, and looked like they could have gotten more by executing just a little bit better. Pettine's defense will be what determines their fate.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 11:48 AM
Donald is the best defensive player I've ever seen and was injured. We lucked out there.

HarveyWallbangers
01-18-2021, 12:53 PM
Donald is the best defensive player I've ever seen and was injured. We lucked out there.

You must be too young to have seen Reggie White in his prime.

StPaulPackFan
01-18-2021, 01:12 PM
You must be too young to have seen Reggie White in his prime.

Or Lawrence Taylor. LT was almost unstoppable in his prime.

Bretsky
01-18-2021, 01:17 PM
Hence, we're the best team in the NFC this year. That's a lot better than 9-7 with Rodgers and a cast of losers and a one and done playoff birth.

This may be a year where we have the talent surrounding to win the Big Show

Zool
01-18-2021, 01:51 PM

I broke my word.

I hear ya. I used to be in the same boat until I muted him.

Zool
01-18-2021, 01:53 PM
Baconator = Preston?

Gary, because he (like bacon) makes everything around him better.

Zool
01-18-2021, 01:57 PM

Hell yes to LT. He was a monster.

CaptainKickass
01-18-2021, 02:27 PM
Huh. Well whaddya know?

"The Packers became the first team in NFL playoff history to register 475-plus yards of total offense and 175-plus rushing yards with zero sacks allowed and zero turnovers in a game."

George Cumby
01-18-2021, 06:27 PM
^ I don't think that's just some rando' "gee whiz! That's cool!" factoid.

That's a pretty large sample size to be compared against.

It hammers home what everyone is seeing/saying, this offense is humming and Rodgers is playing at an other-worldly level.

If only we had more weapons, if only we had drafted DK Metcalf. /s

smuggler
01-18-2021, 06:31 PM
Both 538 and football outsiders have us as the team to beat. Bills are 2nd on the odds report.

Joemailman
01-18-2021, 06:44 PM
Both 538 and football outsiders have us as the team to beat. Bills are 2nd on the odds report.

I assume that's based on the assumption that Mahomes won't play.

smuggler
01-18-2021, 07:02 PM
Football Outsiders included Mahomes in only 75% of their simulations. No clue about Nate Silver.

Guiness
01-18-2021, 09:38 PM
Jones and Adams are far from a cast of losers. And Tonyan, Lazard and (Mercedes/MVS) are good enough to catch the open ones and Williams spells Jones so Jones stays fresh and pass pros for 12 on third down.

I don't think you'd want Tonyan or Lazard as your 1st or 2nd weapon but thankfully they're 3rd and 4th in the best offense in Packer history.

Wow, I don't know about that. There have been some good ones during Rodger's career. 2011 Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Jones and Driver at WR with Finley at TE??? That was some kind of a year on O.

sharpe1027
01-18-2021, 09:55 PM
Wow, I don't know about that. There have been some good ones during Rodger's career. 2011 Nelson, Jennings, Cobb, Jones and Driver at WR with Finley at TE??? That was some kind of a year on O.

Interesting comparison. That 2011 passing attack was sick, but there's something to be said for the balanced attack this year.

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2021, 12:39 AM

LT was great too. He was ahead of his time. He was the first OLB speed rusher that I remember. I don't know if some Packer fans realize just how good Reggie was in Philadelphia though. He had the power until the end, but he lost some of his speed by the time he got to Green Bay. The most powerful rusher ever with explosiveness and played the run equally as well.

This is a fun video. At the 2:20 mark look at that 6'5" 290 pound man run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKi7UAG_0rQ

th87
01-19-2021, 01:20 AM
Reggie White was unstoppable. We forget because of recency bias.

I know y'all remember this:

https://youtu.be/jcYfwNQT8lU

sharpe1027
01-19-2021, 01:36 AM
Bruce Smith was pretty damn good.

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2021, 07:24 AM
Bruce Smith was pretty damn good.

Yes, but not close to Reggie. Took him 40+ games more to get 2 more sacks, and he wasn’t on Reggie’s level as a run defender.

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2021, 07:28 AM
Too bad Reggie spent his first two years in the USFL (where he had 23.5 sacks) or he would have put the sacks record out of reach for Smith.

Joemailman
01-19-2021, 12:00 PM
Too bad Reggie spent his first two years in the USFL (where he had 23.5 sacks) or he would have put the sacks record out of reach for Smith.

I was very bummed when Smith broke Reggie's record. I'd say it was about the equivalent of Emmitt Smith breaking Walter Payton's record for rushing yards. Reggie in his prime in Philly was the best defensive lineman I ever saw.

bobblehead
01-19-2021, 12:10 PM

No. No one said you were insane. Most of us agreed that we wanted a WR. Your incessant crying and whining like a little school girl drama queen, the sky is falling act in EVERY single post simply got old. I never said you were insane. I said you were boring...and a one concept joke...like clown shoes.

bobblehead
01-19-2021, 12:26 PM

I'm going to make this point one last time.

This was the best offense in the entire NFL. It was the second most efficient (TD per drive) in HISTORY. Anyone trying to complain that Rodgers wasn't given enough to work with is simply a moron that isn't worth the time I take to type this out. Anyone trying to say Rodgers is doing it on his own is equally moronic. No human being is that good (if he were, he would have done it 10 other times in his career, but he did it exactly ZERO times before).

This system and the players in it have elevated Rodgers to new levels of greatness, not the other way around. Rodgers is great. I'll miss him like crazy when he is gone. He is not God almighty himself come to GB. He has managed ONE superbowl appearance in a career where he has been surrounded with a lot of weapons. He did that with the #1 defense in the league. Several times the coaching staff let him down. Several times HE let us down. Last year vs. the 49ers we went down 20+ points and scored ZERO in the first half of the game. Thats on Rodgers as much as anyone else. If he throws 2 picks Sunday it won't be because others messed up. It will be on him. I hope I see Rodgers at his best. Utilizing the weapons he has (top WR in the game, top 5 TE on the season, top 5 RB on the season, Top 5 OL in the league.) I hope we blow TB out of Lambeau. Mostly I hope that people whining about Rodgers being so awesome and getting no support just shut up.

bobblehead
01-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Interesting comparison. That 2011 passing attack was sick, but there's something to be said for the balanced attack this year.

How many post season games did we win that year?? How bad did we light up the Giants D?

GB-Brandon
01-19-2021, 06:41 PM
“NEWS FLASH!!!!!!”

WE STiLL HAVEN’T ONE THE SUPER BOWL YET OR EVEN GOTTEN THERE!!!!!!! We have basically PACED last years campaign at this point with Rodgers having his best season ever!!!

We have a long ways to go here and with the “Drop Tendencies” I’ve seen nothing is a guarantee moving forward with the match ups ahead.

Also, nobody has been posting about getting “All These Different Weapons.” It has simply been talk of making a better effort of filling the “Missing Piece” in the LaFluer System/Offense then what we have right now. The difference between winning and losing at this stage is so small so for fans being shunned because WE WANT TO WIN A TiTLE and we know this could be an issue is just absurd!!!

GB-Brandon
01-19-2021, 06:44 PM
Quit Fucken running around and band-standing like the Packers are having their fingers sized for Super Bowl rings already!!!!

We haven’t WON SHiT!!!

GB-Brandon
01-19-2021, 07:14 PM
No. No one said you were insane. Most of us agreed that we wanted a WR. Your incessant crying and whining like a little school girl drama queen, the sky is falling act in EVERY single post simply got old. I never said you were insane. I said you were boring...and a one concept joke...like clown shoes.

And they have only dropped potential game changing and game costing passes the last two games in meaningful games so not sure what your point is.

Guiness
01-19-2021, 07:41 PM

Starks and Grant with an assist from Kuhn - did they get 1000 yards between the three of them?

Guiness
01-19-2021, 08:01 PM

Go Pack Go!

Here here from another JSO Alumni

KYPack
01-19-2021, 08:18 PM
Here here from another JSO Alumni

When you got HOF posters (Zool, QB, & the G) giving you advice, you outta take it.

Sorry boys, 5 yard penalty to KY for feeding the rabid trolls.

I'll try to keep my stinger in my jeans, but sometimes, well, ya know.

hoosier
01-19-2021, 08:37 PM
I still say this forum needs a Meadow . . . .

smuggler
01-19-2021, 08:46 PM
Grant only played in a handful of games that year because he broke his ankle early in the year. Sucks he missed the SB, but he was a big part of getting us there as a culmination of '07 to '10.

sharpe1027
01-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Yes, but not close to Reggie. Took him 40+ games more to get 2 more sacks, and he wasn’t on Reggie’s level as a run defender.

I was referring to Donald being the best defensive player RG had ever seen. Didn't mean to imply a comparison to White.

Zool
01-20-2021, 09:02 AM
When you got HOF posters (Zool, QB, & the G) giving you advice, you outta take it.

Sorry boys, 5 yard penalty to KY for feeding the rabid trolls.

I'll try to keep my stinger in my jeans, but sometimes, well, ya know.

Keep it saucy KY. If sometimes you need to kick the troll because you had a bad day, well you just go ahead.

Upnorth
01-20-2021, 09:47 AM
I assume that's based on the assumption that Mahomes won't play.

Outsiders had us pre mahones injury as the favorite I believe. For at least the last 1/3rd of the season I have thought the top 3 teams were from the nfc and 4 of the top 6.

scharpcheddar
01-20-2021, 05:16 PM
I still say this forum needs a Meadow . . . .

Shrubbery

Upnorth
01-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Shrubbery

Ni!

George Cumby
01-20-2021, 08:53 PM
Shrubbery

Congratulations.

Your first decent post.

Keep up the good work.

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:31 PM
And they have only dropped potential game changing and game costing passes the last two games in meaningful games so not sure what your point is.

Oh..sorry if I wasn't clear. My point was:

We had the #1 offense in the NFL and 2nd most efficient offense in the history of football. I thought I was clear, but that should clear it up for you.

Edit: I guess I have one more point to make. You weren't just wrong about this offense, you were wrong on a scale rarely achieved by mere mortals. To be very clear. YOU WERE WRONG!