O-Line
Leeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!
Pass Rush
Kenny Clark
Guy Fucking Lafleur

Duds:

*sigh*..... 'Teams..... again........
Dropsies

The D looked poor for stretches, but damn, 18 points? I'll take that any day.

Anti-Polar Bear
01-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Dud: Smugglers. Pulled a Sparkey and started the GameDay thread illegally. Consequently, the awesome Kacey Musgraves lyrics I posted in said illegal thread was deleted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTZodg97ygE

Bretsky
01-16-2021, 06:49 PM
Sign Aaron Jones

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 06:51 PM
Dud: Smugglers. Pulled a Sparkey and started the GameDay thread illegally. Consequently, the awesome Kacey Musgraves lyrics I posted in said illegal thread was deleted.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UTZodg97ygE

Fuckin' A.

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 06:53 PM
Dud:

JK Scott: On botched XP, don't throw the ball to Crosby so he can get crunched.

Gotarace
01-16-2021, 06:57 PM
Stud ...Gary. Holding the edge well and applying pressure with a stout rush

Rutnstrut
01-16-2021, 08:13 PM
Sign Aaron Jones

Absolutely. If they let him walk it will be a move that will be the dumbest TT move without TT.

Rutnstrut
01-16-2021, 08:14 PM
Dud:

JK Scott: On botched XP, don't throw the ball to Crosby so he can get crunched.

Scott has proved many times this season that he is a huge pussy.

smuggler
01-16-2021, 08:17 PM
Dud: Smugglers. Pulled a Sparkey and started the GameDay thread illegally.

Maybe I took one for the team to impose my cosmic karma upon the game?

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2021, 08:31 PM
Stud ...Gary. Holding the edge well and applying pressure with a stout rush

Agreed. Showed up when needed and did a great job holding the edge on runs.

George Cumby
01-16-2021, 08:34 PM
Maybe I took one for the team to impose my cosmic karma upon the game?

Thank you for your service.

smuggler
01-16-2021, 08:39 PM
So, just so I don't disrupt the juju, I need the DL. Do I start a gameday thread next week for MTP to delete? Or do I just let him make it?

Joemailman
01-16-2021, 08:44 PM
So, just so I don't disrupt the juju, I need the DL. Do I start a gameday thread next week for MTP to delete? Or do I just let him make it?

Start the Unofficial Where's Mad? Gameday Thread.

Sparkey
01-16-2021, 08:45 PM
Absolutely. If they let him walk it will be a move that will be the dumbest TT move without TT.

With Bahktiari missing most of next year, Linsley is the bigger fa signing. Keep that line together. The line is more important.

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2021, 08:54 PM
Sign Aaron Jones

Who gives a shit at this point. Win a Superb Owl!!!

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2021, 09:10 PM
Elgton Jennings is going to be in the Packers Hall of Fame, at minimum. What a great draft pick. Rashan Gary too.

KYPack
01-16-2021, 09:13 PM
Studs

George's stud list is the stone truth. a few additional comments and guys that deserve it.

Kenny Clark man got a lot of static while he played with his groin pull. He's healed up now and playing to his contract. Established himself as one of the NFL's elite DL's. The bedrock guy in our D

El Jenkins Another elite definitely the most versatile lineman in the league. He is the best left guard in the league and among the best at the other positions he plays

Madtown Pack. Kept that thread starting luck going in spite of some pass interference at game time.

Krys Barnes Guy gets his hand tore up and comes back to play with a club on his paw. Love to see FA's like him play his way into the league

Duds

GBB All year long we'd not only been told that our GM f'd up for not drafting WR's to help AR, but we were all somehow stupid for not realizing it. AND RAMS RAMS RAMS right down our throats. You were wrong. Consistently wrong.

Tank Goot was a fool not to draft DK Metcalf. Can you imagine how good a job Metcalf would have done on Aaron Donald? You don't understand football, fan boy. You only get one pick a round. We didn't draft Metcalf, it doesn't matter what he does, we have our own team with a solid OLine. Metcalf plays for one of those teams that were eliminated.

Supercheddar (or whatever your handle is) Donald and Kupp were hurt. And it matters when you have to travel to a cold clime from a temperate one. And it ain't rigged. If you think it's all fixed, why do you watch it?

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2021, 09:28 PM
Sign Aaron Jones

Absolutely! I've been saying that all along. The O Line had a damn good game, but Aaron X 2 made that line look great, Jamal tonight too.

There's a burger flipper in here who likes to diss Kenny Clark. I'd be interested to read what he thinks about that fat boy now.

As Rodgers said after the game, it could have been a significantly bigger score than it was. Basically everybody on the offense played excellent, although several including Rodgers had some bad plays along the way. Nice the way Jenkins rubbed Donald's nose in it while completely outplaying him. It might have been a little bit different if the guy was 100%, but I think it wouldn't have made a whole lot of difference. Leonard Floyd tore up Seattle, but we basically shut him down, including Rodgers letting ol' Floyd leave his jock strap on the field on that TD run. Davante and Jaire both showed that Ramsay ain't the NFL best Corner also.

A couple of my least favorites, Lowry and Kirksey, had solid way-better-than-usual games.

smuggler
01-16-2021, 09:32 PM
Weird to say it, but I think signing Bakhtiari might have been the wrong move...

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Weird to say it, but I think signing Bakhtiari might have been the wrong move...

hahahahaha, Dare I say, I told everybody so.

We can still have it all with a cherry on top, though, - sign everybody that needs to be signed, Jones, Linsley, Jamal Williams, etc. if we work it right with the cap - backload backload backload.

call_me_ishmael
01-16-2021, 10:21 PM
I doubt they're gonna sign Corey, but if there ever was a guy who physically looks like he's a nice guy and would be happy to stay here at a discount, Corey is it.

Turner is doing a really nice job filling in at LT.

Khrys Barnes is an absolute gem of an UDFA.

Tyrone Williams is a really good #2. He looked awesome today. If they continue to run the rock like that, what else can you do?

Coach is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

smuggler
01-16-2021, 11:40 PM
Tyrone Williams was a corner for us in the late 90s and early 2000s. Tyrone Davis played TE for us.

Jamaal Williams is our running back. Just for clarification. :-P

MadtownPacker
01-17-2021, 12:08 AM
Maybe I took one for the team to impose my cosmic karma upon the game?You would have been taking one in the ass had we lost.

All I can say is I am starting the thread how I am supposed to. Luckily today I removed your cursed one before the game started, voiding any stain from your ineptitude.

smuggler
01-17-2021, 06:29 AM
How you gonna let the game start without making the GDT, which you feel is so vitally important, but then accuse the people bailing you out of ineptitude? You sound like a damn Congressman. I hope those fuckers are sending you checks if you're gonna commit this hard.

George Cumby
01-17-2021, 07:51 AM
Girls, girls.......GIRLS!

You're both.....beautiful.

bobblehead
01-17-2021, 08:22 AM

Biggest running back contracts.

Zeke, Gurly, Bell, Henry, David Johnson, McCaffrey, Kamara, Gordon.

Well, Kamara made the playoffs. Bell had to be cut to make the playoffs.

bobblehead
01-17-2021, 08:28 AM

I didn't like the contract, but Dave earned it. The only other option was to let him walk and move Leroy Jenkins to LT. That could still be the long term plan for all I know. Jenkins is due up right around the time this Bakh contract expires.

Fritz
01-17-2021, 09:32 AM
I didn't like the contract, but Dave earned it. The only other option was to let him walk and move Leroy Jenkins to LT. That could still be the long term plan for all I know. Jenkins is due up right around the time this Bakh contract expires.

I keep wondering if there is a way to sign both Linsley and Jones.

Someone had a good post about the top running back contracts and where those guys are now, a year or two after signing them. It's not good. Yet Jones is so dynamic that it's hard to think of the Packers being this successful without him. He's got vision and he's a team guy who really does want to say - it made me sad to see how important it seemed to him to show the world his Green Bay necklace. The guy can break off a big one in a way that Williams and Dillon cannot, and he's a real pass catcher. His pass pro is also solid. Good in the locker room.

But Linsley threw some incredible blocks. You don't want to weaken that line.

It's tough to be Gute. I think the only obvious move is to try to lure King back with a one-year "prove it" contract, and if he doesn't bit, then bye bye Felicia. But what to do with Jones and Linsley? Tough.

And in an aside, I miss PB and Patler. They offer good insight. The running commentaries about how the games are fixed, or how the Packers suck so bad (GBB), get old. Man, if you can't enjoy this year's version of the Packers, you are living a sad life.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2021, 10:18 AM
How you gonna let the game start without making the GDT, which you feel is so vitally important, but then accuse the people bailing you out of ineptitude? You sound like a damn Congressman. I hope those fuckers are sending you checks if you're gonna commit this hard.The game hadn’t started and you didn’t bail anyone out. You just got inpatient. I was on the forum all day, like every Gameday. Let me know when it actually doesn’t get started by game time then you can make a fuss.

Slow your roll with the congressman BS or take it to FYI.

wist43
01-17-2021, 10:18 AM

Someone had a good post about the top running back contracts and where those guys are now, a year or two after signing them. It's not good. Yet Jones is so dynamic that it's hard to think of the Packers being this successful without him. He's got vision and he's a team guy who really does want to say - it made me sad to see how important it seemed to him to show the world his Green Bay necklace. The guy can break off a big one in a way that Williams and Dillon cannot, and he's a real pass catcher. His pass pro is also solid. Good in the locker room.

It's tough to be Gute. I think the only obvious move is to try to lure King back with a one-year "prove it" contract, and if he doesn't bit, then bye bye Felicia. But what to do with Jones and Linsley? Tough.

And in an aside, I miss PB and Patler. They offer good insight. The running commentaries about how the games are fixed, or how the Packers suck so bad (GBB), get old. Man, if you can't enjoy this year's version of the Packers, you are living a sad life.

Why can't you sign Jones, franchise Linsley and massage a couple of contracts??

I've been out of the loop all year and don't know our cap situation, but that approach is almost always doable.

Fritz
01-17-2021, 10:40 AM
Well, I don't know if you can or not. I'd like to see them keep both guys, but I don't know if it's feasible without putting yourself into a non-competetive position in two or three years.

Wist, aren't you going to post about how lucky the Packers have been to get this draw, and how if they do win it all it'll be because they simply got lucky and really were not that good, or do you actually like this team?

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 11:23 AM
With Bahktiari missing most of next year, Linsley is the bigger fa signing. Keep that line together. The line is more important.

I was pretty surprised we signed Back for that amount of money, to be honest. We signed him to Hall of Fame money. I do this he's really good. But Joe Thomas dominant ? Munoz ? I was just surprised.

In his follow up interview, he noted he wanted to be the highest paid OL in the NFL so he could say that. While I appreciated the honesty, I'm surprise we gave in.

Last year Jones stated he wanted to stay in Green Bay and it's my belief he fired his agent for not working out a deal with the Packers. I think he was a slight hometown discount guy and when we signed Back for all that money he realized he might be on his way out.

In retrospect, could we have signed Jones and Linsley for about what we signed Back for ? Maybe not....maybe I'm just analyzing too much

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 11:24 AM
Who gives a shit at this point. Win a Superb Owl!!!

VERY TRUE

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 11:25 AM
Elgton Jennings is going to be in the Packers Hall of Fame, at minimum. What a great draft pick. Rashan Gary too.

Jenkins of just lights out great right now. What a player.

Gary is certainly showing signs of being very good; but I"m not anointing him into the Packer Hall of Fame yet

Zool
01-17-2021, 11:36 AM
Girls, girls.......GIRLS!

You're both.....beautiful.

I read this in the voice of the old lady on Facts of Life

Zool
01-17-2021, 11:39 AM

Gary is certainly showing signs of being very good; but I"m not anointing him into the Packer Hall of Fame yet

Well well well, how the turn tables. You heading to Wendy’s today to get a baconator with baconator fries?

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 11:48 AM
Well well well, how the turn tables. You heading to Wendy’s today to get a baconator with baconator fries?

I'll be happy to get a Baconator and those who remotely know me know that I'm more than happy to be wrong

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2021, 01:25 PM
https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1350852219814469634?s=20

Highest graded defensive player for the Packers this week, and his grade was actually higher each of the last two weeks.

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 01:52 PM
Studs

George's stud list is the stone truth. a few additional comments and guys that deserve it.

Kenny Clark man got a lot of static while he played with his groin pull. He's healed up now and playing to his contract. Established himself as one of the NFL's elite DL's. The bedrock guy in our D

El Jenkins Another elite definitely the most versatile lineman in the league. He is the best left guard in the league and among the best at the other positions he plays

Madtown Pack. Kept that thread starting luck going in spite of some pass interference at game time.

Krys Barnes Guy gets his hand tore up and comes back to play with a club on his paw. Love to see FA's like him play his way into the league

Duds

GBB All year long we'd not only been told that our GM f'd up for not drafting WR's to help AR, but we were all somehow stupid for not realizing it. AND RAMS RAMS RAMS right down our throats. You were wrong. Consistently wrong.

Tank Goot was a fool not to draft DK Metcalf. Can you imagine how good a job Metcalf would have done on Aaron Donald? You don't understand football, fan boy. You only get one pick a round. We didn't draft Metcalf, it doesn't matter what he does, we have our own team with a solid OLine. Metcalf plays for one of those teams that were eliminated.

Supercheddar (or whatever your handle is) Donald and Kupp were hurt. And it matters when you have to travel to a cold clime from a temperate one. And it ain't rigged. If you think it's all fixed, why do you watch it?

I guess your comfortable “Moving The Goal Posts” that were getting “Greatness In Motion” at the receiver position overall!!

I’m not!! I’m following the original playbook!!!

wist43
01-17-2021, 02:43 PM
Well, I don't know if you can or not. I'd like to see them keep both guys, but I don't know if it's feasible without putting yourself into a non-competetive position in two or three years.

Wist, aren't you going to post about how lucky the Packers have been to get this draw, and how if they do win it all it'll be because they simply got lucky and really were not that good, or do you actually like this team?

I haven't watched enough film to have an informed opinion on the state of the team, at least beyond the superficial.

The areas of weakness that they needed to improve in the offseason have come up to at least adequate. Namely, ILB, WR, and DL.

ILB especially needed to improve to have any chance, and revamping on the cheap seems to have paid off. Barnes, Kirksey, and Martin are better than what we've been running out there the past few years.

Love the running game. The scheme is outstanding considering how much the league has changed in the past few years. The OL fit the scheme well, and Lefluer has done a great job.

RashanGary
01-17-2021, 03:02 PM

He sucked to start. Just too wild and sporadic and not focused or efficient with his movement. Finally he's getting the techniques down so his physical talent can shine. His work ethic makes It likely for him to keep progressing.

Zool
01-17-2021, 03:09 PM
I'll be happy to get a Baconator and those who remotely know me know that I'm more than happy to be wrong

Well this new Bretsky is less fun.

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 04:36 PM
He sucked to start. Just too wild and sporadic and not focused or efficient with his movement. Finally he's getting the techniques down so his physical talent can shine. His work ethic makes It likely for him to keep progressing.

To be honest I assumed how little he developed at Michigan was a permanent sign.

Either I give the GB coaches and Gary a lot of credit.....OR....the Michigan coaches suck ..lol

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Well this new Bretsky is less fun.

I have always felt it's important for me to keep Wist ....and Brandon around here.......so I'm not the most negative....lol...and I can keep calling myself the optimistic realist

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2021, 05:32 PM
To be honest I assumed how little he developed at Michigan was a permanent sign.

Either I give the GB coaches and Gary a lot of credit.....OR....the Michigan coaches suck ..lol

Why can't it be both?

Joemailman
01-17-2021, 08:07 PM
I think it is some of both. At Michigan it seemed like they used Gary to draw double teams to open things up for others. Didn't seem like they ever tried to create situations where Gary would have favorable matchups. Explains why Devin Bush said Gary should have been drafted earlier than Bush.

Gary had a lot to learn about how to play OLB when he got to Green Bay. Seems to be learning well.

smuggler
01-17-2021, 10:18 PM
I was pretty surprised we signed Back for that amount of money, to be honest. We signed him to Hall of Fame money. I do this he's really good. But Joe Thomas dominant ? Munoz ? I was just surprised.

He's a two-time 1st-Team All-Pro and three-time 2nd-Team All-Pro at LT. I know that's still an offensive line position, but that's basically already Hall of Fame. No, he's not as dominant as some of the LTs in the HoF, but not every HoF is a GOAT at their position.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2021, 02:09 PM
Sorry if I was too harsh Smuggler. Call it a combination of being superstitious and an ahole.

Sparkey
01-19-2021, 02:41 PM

Dillon and Williams ran behind that same line Jones did. I agree that AJ is a special player, BUT if it comes down to keeping the OLine together or keeping Jones I hope that OLine gets priority. If you want Rdogers playing another 6 years, the OLine has to stay to minimize sacks and hits.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2021, 03:27 PM
The Packers will draft AJO 2.0 and Linsley 2.0 this year. They'll use the #3, and #4 they get for them next year to fortify another spot. The wheel in the sky keeps on turning'. Both are good players but you have to prioritize relentlessly and while a star center is certainly great I just don't view it as that different than a very good center.

Bak is obviously great but I will admit my eye brow is raised a bit when we see Turner out there stymying the competition at 8M per year or whatever.

RashanGary
01-19-2021, 03:49 PM
The Packers will draft AJO 2.0 and Linsley 2.0 this year. They'll use the #3, and #4 they get for them next year to fortify another spot. The wheel in the sky keeps on turning'. Both are good players but you have to prioritize relentlessly and while a star center is certainly great I just don't view it as that different than a very good center.

Bak is obviously great but I will admit my eye brow is raised a bit when we see Turner out there stymying the competition at 8M per year or whatever.

Well said. I agree with the general message

smuggler
01-19-2021, 06:38 PM
Sorry if I was too harsh Smuggler. Call it a combination of being superstitious and an ahole.

I don't take it personal. I was debating pulling the trigger on the thread. Figured you'd just delete it, but I figured the risk to mojo of not starting was the greatest threat.

Rutnstrut
01-19-2021, 06:46 PM
Dillon and Williams ran behind that same line Jones did. I agree that AJ is a special player, BUT if it comes down to keeping the OLine together or keeping Jones I hope that OLine gets priority. If you want Rdogers playing another 6 years, the OLine has to stay to minimize sacks and hits.

I agree with keeping the line intact above all else. I've said that for years, BUT. If they get creative they should be able to keep both. I doubt Rodgers will be playing past 40. So if the contracts catch up to them in 3 years, who cares?

th87
01-20-2021, 02:46 AM

Jones is different. We haven't had a RB with his vision, quickness, and balance in a long time, and he makes our offense go. I think he's just as good as Kamara, and I'm seriously not trying to go back to hoping some Lacy type is the answer after Grant and Starks started to become ineffective.

Upnorth
01-20-2021, 04:19 PM
He's a two-time 1st-Team All-Pro and three-time 2nd-Team All-Pro at LT. I know that's still an offensive line position, but that's basically already Hall of Fame. No, he's not as dominant as some of the LTs in the HoF, but not every HoF is a GOAT at their position.

If he recovers from his injury and plays 2 more years of high quality he will be in the hof.
Crazy thing is I think jenkins is trending that way as well. Still way to early but our line is amazing. Without Jenkins losung bak would have likely ended the season. Having Jenkins means we can keep firing on all cylinders.

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:39 PM

I've seen Patler at times. PB should have never done the moderator thing. I think it stressed him out (I'm very regretful if I played a role in that). I miss his football insight as well. Not just him, but many who have left over the years. The good news is the last time we had a troll the size of Brandon I wasted my time responding with facts and such all season long. I knew it was pointless, but I do this to blow off steam. Its pointless with Brandon as well, but the last time was 2010 and we know how that ended...so I'm kinda committed now.

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:45 PM
Why can't you sign Jones, franchise Linsley and massage a couple of contracts??

I've been out of the loop all year and don't know our cap situation, but that approach is almost always doable.

4th worst cap situation in the league. Those big splash plays Gutes made to start last season have ramifications. I said it at the time. I didn't mind signing ONE of those guys since we had no draft class to re sign, but all 4? That is what we are dealing with this offseason. Add in the declining cap and we may lose Lindsey, Jones AND Preston.

call_me_ishmael
01-21-2021, 01:46 PM
4th worst cap situation in the league. Those big splash plays Gutes made to start last season have ramifications. I said it at the time. I didn't mind signing ONE of those guys since we had no draft class to re sign, but all 4? That is what we are dealing with this offseason. Add in the declining cap and we may lose Lindsey, Jones AND Preston.

The win a super bowl it's all moot. Had they not signed those dudes, I'm not sure they're here too begin with. Gotta go for it and be aggressive. They'll be fine.

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:51 PM

I'm actually near anointing him. He is doing the one thing I thought he wasn't capable of. Honoring the run and then shifting to pass rush. He actually is MUCH better vs. the run than Z has been. Preston is more rounded ONLY because he can cover a little. Gary is the real deal of late. His run D is really strong of late and he hasn't compromised QB pressure a bit. If he takes another step forward next year look out. I was very wrong on him. I was righteously pissed. I wanted Burns or Sweat. Burns isn't much of a run defender and Sweat doesn't pressure the QB like Gary has of late. Gary is sort of the tweener of those two. Setting the edge close to sweat and pressuring close to Burns. Not quite as good at either is in their strength, but better than both are in their weaker talent.(if you followed that verbal mess).

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:52 PM

Coach white. Look at the KC OLB while he was there.

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:53 PM

Like what...30/70?

bobblehead
01-21-2021, 01:57 PM
Jones is different. We haven't had a RB with his vision, quickness, and balance in a long time, and he makes our offense go. I think he's just as good as Kamara, and I'm seriously not trying to go back to hoping some Lacy type is the answer after Grant and Starks started to become ineffective.

Have you ever noticed that some teams who have a good back seem to have good #2#3 backs also? I wonder why that is. But teams that don't have a good #1 seem to have equal bad backs all around. Its almost like its more about the OL or something. Confusing. Sort of like Ty Montgomery getting a 100 yards rushing in week 17 with Kamara out. Just lucky to have a guy that talented as the #3 back. Wish we had a guy like that.