PDA

View Full Version : Today's Pam Oliver Pearls Of Wisdom

The Shadow
01-16-2021, 10:56 PM
Today we were treated to "Matt LeFleur says the Packers should take it one play at a time."
How much does she get paid? Is a chubby woman of color who slurs her words really necessary for an NFL game?

scharpcheddar
01-16-2021, 11:15 PM
She says what told to.

sharpe1027
01-16-2021, 11:28 PM
Apparently she suffers from reoccurring severe migraines.

Joemailman
01-17-2021, 12:21 AM
Today we were treated to "Matt LeFleur says the Packers should take it one play at a time."
How much does she get paid? Is a chubby woman of color who slurs her words really necessary for an NFL game?

You seem obsessed with her. You doth protest too much, methinks.

MadtownPacker
01-17-2021, 12:37 AM
You seem obsessed with her. You doth protest too much, methinks.Yeah this shit is personal.

Did she give his book a bad review? :lol:

Zool
01-17-2021, 01:26 AM
Yeah this shit is personal.

Did she give his book a bad review? :lol:

Or some chubby dark skinned woman spurned his advances?

Tony Oday
01-17-2021, 01:27 AM
She is drunk as hell.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-17-2021, 04:11 AM
She is drunk as hell.

Yeah, me too, so?

smuggler
01-17-2021, 06:31 AM
Yeah, me too, so?

<3

Fritz
01-17-2021, 09:20 AM
Apparently she suffers from reoccurring severe migraines.

My wife and I were wondering what was wrong with ol' Pam. She's been around for a while, and unlike the legions of female sports reporters who are there because they look hot, Oliver is an actual sports reporter. So I was surprised she was slurring her words. I didn't know if she was on meds, or drunk, or if she'd had botox injected in her lips and couldn't talk correctly (for some reason, she looked better than usual).

But she's a professional, and so I was surprised.

Tony Oday
01-17-2021, 09:48 AM
Yeah, me too, so?

You are not on TV and we don't need to explain why you're on Live PD again?

Fritz
01-17-2021, 10:41 AM
So is Pam on some anti-migraine meds that eff her up? Does anybody know why she was slurring? It was kinda sad.As I've said, she's always been a professional.

Bretsky
01-17-2021, 11:18 AM
there are a ton of great sideline reporters who are very smooth and fluent

Let's be honest; she really fell short, yesterday, at least.

Zool
01-17-2021, 11:35 AM
I guess I would prefer the days when there were no sideline reporters on camera. They would just relay information into the booth. Let’s go back to that, and let’s get Joe Buck fired in the meantime.

I just really hate Joe Buck

The Shadow
01-17-2021, 01:16 PM
Or some chubby dark skinned woman spurned his advances?

ALL women spurn my advances - I am an equal-opportunity spurned man.

th87
01-17-2021, 02:37 PM
She's like 60 years old and apparently the migraine meds cause muscular dysfunction, which might explain why she's having trouble with her sound shaping and placement.

Also not sure why the "chubby woman of color" thing was even raised. What are you getting at?

Zool
01-17-2021, 03:06 PM
Also not sure why the "chubby woman of color" thing was even raised. What are you getting at?

He likes big butts and he cannot lie?

Guiness
01-17-2021, 04:44 PM
I guess I would prefer the days when there were no sideline reporters on camera. They would just relay information into the booth. Let’s go back to that, and let’s get Joe Buck fired in the meantime.

Agreed, that hair plug addicted Ken doll wannabee (keeping with the spirit of OP :-P) makes me crazy. Moose and Burkhardt were a welcome change.

Zool
01-17-2021, 08:26 PM
Agreed, that hair plug addicted Ken doll wannabee (keeping with the spirit of OP :-P) makes me crazy. Moose and Burkhardt were a welcome change.

Spot on. About the second quarter, I hadn't muted the game yet. I realized it and had to look up who was calling the game.

Joemailman
01-17-2021, 08:39 PM
nm

George Cumby
01-17-2021, 08:39 PM
He likes big butts and he cannot lie?

Not that there is anything wrong with liking big butts.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2021, 09:12 PM
She was trending on Twitter this week for this so I think that makes 2 games in a row. Unfortunately, it seems health related I guess.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 05:44 AM
She was trending on Twitter this week for this so I think that makes 2 games in a row. Unfortunately, it seems health related I guess.

It's been two years and getting worse. I noticed it last year too

Bretsky
01-18-2021, 01:11 PM
It's been two years and getting worse. I noticed it last year too

I honestly did not know til I listened to her Sunday, and than I felt bad because my first reaction was she had some type pf speech impediment due to a health condition I didn't know about

Joemailman
01-18-2021, 01:30 PM
Honestly, it might just be the cold. I've had days in the past where delivering mail on a cold day made it difficult to talk to customers. Your face freezing up causes issues. If she was in a area where she was exposed to the wind, that could have happened.

CaptainKickass
01-18-2021, 01:42 PM
There's much speculation about Whitney Winfree® (Pam Oliver) and her drunkeneez sideline speech the last couple weeks, but I've found nothing substantial to explain it. The "cold" is not an answer I'm buying.

There was some speculation that Oliver was affected by the cold in Green Bay. But Kristina Pink, who was also reporting from the sideline, sounded like her normal self, and the temperatures were above freezing. Let’s hope all is well with Oliver, who is 59 and has been with Fox for more than 25 years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/pam-oliver-did-not-sound-like-herself-during-fox-broadcast/ar-BB1cOWWy

Zool
01-18-2021, 02:00 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with liking big butts.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gspjl5bxzhSdJtK/giphy.gif

sharpe1027
01-19-2021, 09:29 PM
I've never seen that happen to someone from being cold. I guess it's theoretically possible, but I don't think so.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 10:53 AM

That chic in chicago...harry carey made it work for decades.

SkinBasket
01-23-2021, 07:51 PM
The whole side line reporter is an outdated idea supported by feminists and other jerk off assholes. Spoiler alert: THEYVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO SAY.

They are the opposing equivalent to the military jet flyover and they are no more, and no less, useful. Complaining about them is like saying AIDS is bad. No shit.

falco
01-23-2021, 07:56 PM

what does the fact she's black or a woman have to do with any of it?

Harlan Huckleby
01-23-2021, 08:10 PM
47% of NFL viewers are female.
It was down around 20% ten years ago.

I think putting female faces on TV is part of making the show more friendly to the fairer sex.

Harlan Huckleby
01-23-2021, 08:12 PM
I've never seen that happen to someone from being cold. I guess it's theoretically possible, but I don't think so.

Does this have something to do with nipple erections because never mind.

The Shadow
01-24-2021, 12:01 PM
what does the fact she's black or a woman have to do with any of it?

Too predictably PC. Nothing wrong with ANYONE who has something genuinely interesting to offer. But trotting someone out there just because they check all the woke boxes is pointless.
To paraphrase Bill Murray : "Stories are SO much more interesting when they have some sort of point."

Fritz
01-24-2021, 12:12 PM
Too predictably PC. Nothing wrong with ANYONE who has something genuinely interesting to offer. But trotting someone out there just because they check all the woke boxes is pointless.
To paraphrase Bill Murray : "Stories are SO much more interesting when they have some sort of point."

You guys who seem to think was some idea by feminists to equalize things are full of hooey. This has never been anything but a way to get good looking women on screen so men could ogle over them. Did it never cross your minds as to why all those female reporters were so damn hot, and the guys doing the announcing looked like a bunch of neanderthals whose faces had gotten punched out?

Skin is right in that these sideline reporters don't usually have much to offer vis a vis the game, but as eye candy they work well. Pam Oliver was one of the few that actually seemed to know a little something, but even she's damn hot.

MJZiggy
01-24-2021, 04:23 PM

Well everyone hates Joe Buck.

CaptainKickass
01-28-2021, 11:38 AM
Well everyone hates Joe Buck.

In a strange science fiction style twist, Joe Buck and Troy Aikman have been involved in some sort of freak industrial accident resulting in the two horrific creatures being melded together in one mecha-horrific-creature for all of space time.

It's all just one word now...

https://i.ibb.co/B4L2bJy/BUCKMANtm.jpg