PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Bucs NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Joemailman
01-17-2021, 09:00 PM
Teams have met only once in the playoffs. On January 4, 1998, Packers beat Bucs 21-7 in a defensive struggle. Dorsey Levens ran for 112 yards and 1 TD.

Last meeting between these 2 teams was of course earlier this year. No need to revisit that game.

Early line has Packers 3.5 point favorites.

King Friday
01-17-2021, 09:03 PM
F that old man Brady...and the horse he rode in on.

call_me_ishmael
01-17-2021, 09:07 PM
In my opinion, this was inevitable. The Bucs are really good and probably have bigger names at the positions that matter. Packers have Aaron Rodgers and Coach. If the Packers can run the rock like they did last week against Tampa (The #1 rush D), then they win the game.

What does everyone else think?

Vincenzo
01-17-2021, 09:09 PM

Bucs are gonna lose at Lambeau, that’s all there is to it.

KYPack
01-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Big time, baby

The game will kick off at 2:05 p.m. CT next Sunday, Jan. 24, at Lambeau Field. The current long-range forecast for Green Bay is a high of 25 degrees with a chance of snow.

The boys will be ready. Week 6 meeting between the Packers and Buccaneers was Green Bay's first loss of the season after a 4-0 start and one of just three losses on the year. The 38-10 decision was the only time the Packers, who own the No. 1 scoring offense in the NFL, were held under 22 points.

This is the game where we jumped off to an early lead only to fall apart and get our asses whipped. I know some of you coached at times in their life. If a coach could buy emotions, he would buy a ton of anger mixed with with revenge. That, combined with a fired up Lambeau crowd means we will be ready and a half. They will not hold us down on defense. Get ready old Tommy poo. It will be live.

Spaulding
01-17-2021, 09:55 PM
Packers revenge. As long as we run the A gaps and avoid off tackle which plays to their ILB’s speed (David and White) to allow play action to work it will be different results than prior game. Team is focused and hungry. Feels like destiny of 2011 all over.

Vincenzo
01-17-2021, 10:39 PM
Early line is Packers minus 4 points.

Freak Out
01-17-2021, 10:41 PM
"Down goes Brady!"

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2021, 10:55 PM
I wasn't really very impressed with the play of either team today. As I watched the game, though, it became apparent that Tampa has more talent than New Orleans. Jones (their Jones I mean) is a legitimate threat - not quite like our Jones, but damn good. I see him as more dangerous than Kamara. Brady may be lame, but not as bad as Brees. Their D, especially Devon White, is pretty decent - based on today anyway, better than New Orleans.

Just the same, though, I'm content to have Tampa as the opponent. I'd rather have the revenge or make it up factor be with us, having lost to them than versus the Saints where they would be more fired up.

Vincenzo
01-17-2021, 10:55 PM
Vegas now has the Packers favoured to win the Super Bowl:

Pack +185
Chiefs +220
Bills +260
Bucs +440

GB-Brandon
01-17-2021, 11:24 PM
The thing about it is the Saints are more consistent then Tampa but they didn’t have a chance in hell coming up here and beating us. Tampa isn’t as consistent but in a one game situation they can play pretty damn good so they are more of a threat. Huge advantage having the game here. I like where the spread is at. I just hope Pettine plays it correctly.

Tony Oday
01-17-2021, 11:31 PM
Awesome defense, three WR threat, stud TE and the GOAT QB in the playoffs. No chance the Pack keep it within 14. It was a nice run.

QBME
01-17-2021, 11:49 PM
Awesome defense, three WR threat, stud TE and the GOAT QB in the playoffs. No chance the Pack keep it within 14. It was a nice run.

Ah, ye of little faith. Brady tended to look more like a goat today than the GOAT. Gronk looked like he was running on fumes. All those boys have had their blood thinned playing in FLA. Bring 'em up to Lambeau and lets have at it.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 05:34 AM
The thing about it is the Saints are more consistent then Tampa but they didn’t have a chance in hell coming up here and beating us. Tampa isn’t as consistent but in a one game situation they can play pretty damn good so they are more of a threat. Huge advantage having the game here. I like where the spread is at. I just hope Pettine plays it correctly.

Tampa was inserting a new QB with Gronk and AB as new pieces to the offense. They got better as the year wore on on offense. I had Tampa and the rams as our worst two matchups. Chicago was a horrible matchup losing Bakh mid week. We've gone through the gauntlet of worst case match ups, including Tennessee.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 05:36 AM
Godwin just got healthy
Evans just got healthy
AB just got acclaimated
Gronk freshly acclimated and in football shape
Brady just acclaimated

Good thing it's a cold weather game in Lambeau in mid January

Jaire
01-18-2021, 06:49 AM

This

I don't think the Saints could possibly win.

Now it's a real game. I hope Pettine lets the dogs loose.

In his defense though, the Rams had FIVE drives for a total of 28 yards. This is not the old bend but don't break defense. It's a shut down defense that gives up a few drives. Goff had his best game imo (though I have not seen him much). The Rams played as well as they could and came up way short. Even snagging the one interception, they still lose.

Tampa has the horses. The Pack needs to bring it.

Joemailman
01-18-2021, 07:17 AM
Godwin just got healthy
Evans just got healthy
AB just got acclaimated
Gronk freshly acclimated and in football shape
Brady just acclaimated

Good thing it's a cold weather game in Lambeau in mid January

All that, yet they couldn't put together an extended TD drive against the Saints. Their 3 TD drives, all set up by turnovers, were of 3, 20, and 40 yards. If Packers can make Brady play on a long field, Packers should have the advantage.

George Cumby
01-18-2021, 08:32 AM
I'm trying to feel confident, but.......

I've got a bad feeling about this.........

Fritz
01-18-2021, 10:19 AM
Packers revenge. As long as we run the A gaps and avoid off tackle which plays to their ILB’s speed (David and White) to allow play action to work it will be different results than prior game. Team is focused and hungry. Feels like destiny of 2011 all over.

I noticed that the Packers ran very few stretch plays against LA. They seemed to run right at the middle of the Ram defense. That may set them up for the Tampa Bay game - send the Green Bay running backs up the gut. I do like that The Flower seems so committed to the run - which is easier to do when you've got a good running game.

I think if they run a game plan similar to the one they had last week, they can force Brady and Company to have to go on long drives.

It's always, always about avoiding turnovers. The Saints had four. Ouch.

Spaulding
01-18-2021, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to feel confident, but.......

I've got a bad feeling about this.........

A few shots of Jägermeister will do wonders for your optimism. Highly recommended.

run pMc
01-18-2021, 11:00 AM
It's a bad matchup for GB.
I think GB will be up for a fight at home and want revenge from the beat-down earlier this season.

Turnovers -- as they often are -- will be the big factor. TB is beatable if they don't cause turnovers.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 11:51 AM
All that, yet they couldn't put together an extended TD drive against the Saints. Their 3 TD drives, all set up by turnovers, were of 3, 20, and 40 yards. If Packers can make Brady play on a long field, Packers should have the advantage.

The Saints, Packers (as of late), bucs and rams all have good defenses. The buccs offense is close to rolling. A bad weather game is perfect for those softness who practice in 78 and sunny every day. Time to see how they bodies handle the cold. I know the packers practice in it every day and should be fine.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 11:54 AM
I felt going in the Bucs and rams were worst case matchups. Rams missing kupp and Donald injury was a luck factor. Buccs playing in cold and wind when the WR's are the strength of the team is a luck factor. But I guess, if you're in 4 of the last 7 NFCC games, you bound to luck into a SB sooner than later. As tex says, consistent winning has it's advantages.

GB-Brandon
01-18-2021, 12:00 PM
This

I don't think the Saints could possibly win.

Now it's a real game. I hope Pettine lets the dogs loose.

In his defense though, the Rams had FIVE drives for a total of 28 yards. This is not the old bend but don't break defense. It's a shut down defense that gives up a few drives. Goff had his best game imo (though I have not seen him much). The Rams played as well as they could and came up way short. Even snagging the one interception, they still lose.

Tampa has the horses. The Pack needs to bring it.

I can tell you this right now that Todd Bowles is gonna bring it!!!! He will call his defense with NO FEAR!!! Expect “Press Coverage” and them trying to disrupt Rodgers and passing lanes as much as possible while trying to get Packer receivers off their spot. They will anchor that to their no.1 ranked run defense.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 12:04 PM
It's a nice game to get Keke back off 3 weeks rest. Maybe 50% of snaps is due.

Clark 75% (every down)
Z 50% (pass)
Keke 50% (pass)
Lowry 50% (every down)
Snacks 37% (run)
Lancaster 37% (every down)

I feel like that rotation can hold up because guys are so rested and at full strength to be the best version of themselves. Clark has really come on late.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 01:35 PM
Probably a little more Z and keke this week and a lil less Snacks

ZachMN
01-18-2021, 07:23 PM
Brady can't run or scramble. He will not perform if put off his spot which plays to OUR D. We don't match up with this type of D but should have had enough time to figure out a GP to take advantage of what they want to do and exploit them. We have 3 RB's to Grind them out for three quarters then let AROD loose. Again, Brady cannot move or scramble which kills our D. Roll the pocket out on these guys....

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 07:34 PM
Gonna want to see king in press man more in this one. Brady is great at getting it out. Just gonna want to have to be sticky early in the routes to make sure he can't just get it out.

smuggler
01-18-2021, 07:35 PM
Brady did not really play particularly well against the Bears or Saints. He won't be affected by the cold as much as the rest of the Bucs offense. I feel like we win this game 2 times out of 3. Now the question is, which universe are we living in?

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 07:40 PM
Agree, smuggler, we have to be the favorite. Two good team's. Really glad this is at home. Gotta hang onto that ball tho.

RashanGary
01-18-2021, 07:41 PM
Really hope we get keke back. I just want our front to be 100% 100%. So important to win in those trenches.

GB-Brandon
01-18-2021, 08:41 PM
Looks like they are getting Vita Vea back for this one. Running the ball up the gut might not be a legitimate option. We didn’t have to face him last time.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/vita-vea/48956

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2021, 08:32 AM
The Battle of the Bays is back.

(just 'membered "NFC Central" days. Back when football was a man's game and kids walked 3 miles to school uphill both ways.)

hoosier
01-19-2021, 08:57 AM
It's always, always about avoiding turnovers. The Saints had four. Ouch.

This. Don't turn the ball over, go to the SB.

Fritz
01-19-2021, 09:11 AM
Looks like they are getting Vita Vea back for this one. Running the ball up the gut might not be a legitimate option. We didn’t have to face him last time.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/vita-vea/48956

Vita Vea - I couldn't remember if he was a former Packer fullback or the subject of this classic I Love Lucy bit:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/385ef5d99adb444cf29088a9d51b2864/tenor.gif?itemid=4688799

Upnorth
01-19-2021, 09:19 AM
If vea is good to go this will be the best d we have faced all season. Their roster is the best in the league top to bottom. Our o is bettwe thanks to rodgers. At least their special teams are almost as bad as ours.
Hope the weather helps!

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2021, 09:42 AM
I can't believe Ndamukong Suh is still around and back to terrorize us. He's like Cher.

Fritz
01-19-2021, 11:22 AM
I can't believe Ndamukong Suh is still around and back to terrorize us. He's like Cher.

I think he IS Cher:

https://www.wonderwall.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/10/1038922-free-the-wild-charity-launch-and-screening-of-mamma-mia-.jpg

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/9aa224f/2147483647/strip/true/crop/5472x3648+0+0/resize/1486x991!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fc2%2Ffa%2F287c3d6045 2d87d132e495be786e%2Fhttps-delivery.gettyimages.com%2Fdownloads%2F1168495624. jpg

Joemailman
01-19-2021, 11:42 AM
I thought that was Cher punting for the Packers all year.

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2021, 11:50 AM
Vea is a 350 lb man that hasn't practiced in over 3 months. Color me not too worried. He's likely not going to be in condition to play much. I've also heard it's a ruse by Arians and that he's unlikely to play. They are just playing games and opening up his practice window.

bobblehead
01-19-2021, 11:53 AM
In my opinion, this was inevitable. The Bucs are really good and probably have bigger names at the positions that matter. Packers have Aaron Rodgers and Coach. If the Packers can run the rock like they did last week against Tampa (The #1 rush D), then they win the game.

Positions that matter like OL? Oh wait. This is the new younger generation. If you ain't a playmaker you ain't shit. I'm old school. Win in the trenches and win the game.

Fritz
01-19-2021, 11:55 AM
I thought that was Cher punting for the Packers all year.

I really wanted to like JK Scott - I thought that picking a punter in the fifth round was okay if he became a weapon. But not only is he pretty much "meh" as a punter, maybe less than that, he's a frickin' liability when it comes to tackling or taking one for the team. Why shovel the ball to the kicker who's about to be creamed? Roll left and heave one into the end zone, or throw it away, or run and try to get as far as you can. Something. But to throw the ball to Crosby like it's a hot potato? Calling him a pussy is an insult to pussies.

On another note, in a game in which people are obsessed with having the tiniest advantage, shouldn't it play into the Packers' hand to have an extra day, since they played Saturday? One more day for King to heal his whatever, for Dr. Z to rest, for The Flower to let his staff have a minute, for Dillon to rest that quad, and all of that.

The Bucs' defense is tough. But we all worried about the Rams' defense,which until the Bucs became the opponent was supposed to have the best defense in the league.

I think Brady's immobility is a great help for the Packers. Facing someone like Mahomes or Wilson would be the Packers' worst nightmare. Gap discipline on pass rushes limits one's moves. But with a statue like Brady, Dr. Z can spin and zig any which way.Brady can maneuver around with the best of 'em, but he's not going to take off for a twenty yard gain.

call_me_ishmael
01-19-2021, 11:57 AM
Positions that matter like OL? Oh wait. This is the new younger generation. If you ain't a playmaker you ain't shit. I'm old school. Win in the trenches and win the game.

Yeah I think I got confused when typing that, I believe I intended to write `on paper`. Might have been chatting with my wife or something when typing, not sure. Packers clearly have some advantages - primarily at the positions that matter like OT, QB, CB, Pass rush, etc.

Tony Oday
01-19-2021, 12:01 PM
Yeah I think I got confused when typing that, I believe I intended to write `on paper`. Might have been chatting with my wife or something when typing, not sure. Packers clearly have some advantages - primarily at the positions that matter like OT, QB, CB, Pass rush, etc.

WR, TE, RB, S, Kicker

bobblehead
01-19-2021, 12:05 PM
All this talk of "worst matchup". Well, that is what you get when we play down to 4 and then 2 teams left. Its true I would like to be playing the Falcons here, but we get the best team cuz that is the game. You beat them or you are not the best team.

I think we can and should. I still maintain we marched down the field on them 2x before Rodgers played hero and got his bell rung. He threw a pick 6 and a pick (near 6) his next two possessions. Of course we might lose, TB got to this game and it wasn't by luck. However, we got here too. And we had the better record. And we had the better offense. And the defense peaked after "the talk". I like our chances.

Fosco33
01-19-2021, 12:11 PM
How’s Mason?

At this stage of the year - it’s usually very good teams left w/ very good coaches and lots of tape.

I think this will be a close game and hard to predict. Adv to packers at home/weather.

27-24

Cheesehead Craig
01-19-2021, 12:28 PM
Turnovers are the big thing with TB. In every game they won, they got at least 1. If the Pack don't turn it over, I think they win.

run pMc
01-19-2021, 01:33 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2021/1/18/22237313/the-packers-are-deserving-favorites-in-the-nfc-championship-game

Waiting for the deeper dives into the teams this week, but my understanding is the Rams are statistically the tougher D. The oddsmakers have GB favored to win in a close one, which sounds about right. Brady is still very very good, but I think Rodgers will be motivated and up to the task.

Vita Vea won't be in football shape, and nobody brings somebody back after being out that long to play more than a handful of snaps. Rehabbing a broken ankle and practicing for 2 days is different from playing full speed in a playoff game.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2021, 02:12 PM
Turnovers are the big thing with TB. In every game they won, they got at least 1. If the Pack don't turn it over, I think they win.I don’t think the Tampa DBs will drop the back-to-back bad passes Rodgers threw in the end zone versus the Rams. He has been getting luck on many of them the last few weeks.

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2021, 02:33 PM
On another note, in a game in which people are obsessed with having the tiniest advantage, shouldn't it play into the Packers' hand to have an extra day, since they played Saturday? One more day for King to heal his whatever, for Dr. Z to rest, for The Flower to let his staff have a minute, for Dillon to rest that quad, and all of that.

The #1 seed really gets fluffed. Homefield advantage. A week of rest. Then an extra day of rest before Championship game. With the 'rona homefield is not a biggie. But it's still all a lot compared to other sports.

Sparkey
01-19-2021, 02:34 PM
Vea is a 350 lb man that hasn't practiced in over 3 months. Color me not too worried. He's likely not going to be in condition to play much. I've also heard it's a ruse by Arians and that he's unlikely to play. They are just playing games and opening up his practice window.

Not to mention, a 350lb dude on a just healed broken ankle playing in below freezing temps. Anyone who has broken a bone knows the cold reminds you of every healed bone in your body.

Joemailman
01-19-2021, 02:55 PM
Keep 'er Movin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZeIsfwLKpI

GB-Brandon
01-19-2021, 07:05 PM
If vea is good to go this will be the best d we have faced all season. Their roster is the best in the league top to bottom. Our o is bettwe thanks to rodgers. At least their special teams are almost as bad as ours.
Hope the weather helps!

That’s what happens when you make moves to “Win Now.”

RashanGary
01-19-2021, 08:04 PM
The #1 seed really gets fluffed. Homefield advantage. A week of rest. Then an extra day of rest before Championship game. With the 'rona homefield is not a biggie. But it's still all a lot compared to other sports.

I'm a big fan of the 13 days rest and then the 8 days rest before the championship game. Big guys and guys like Lazard who are inching ever so close to a full 100% 100% do well with that extra day

KYPack
01-19-2021, 08:27 PM
I really wanted to like JK Scott - I thought that picking a punter in the fifth round was okay if he became a weapon. But not only is he pretty much "meh" as a punter, maybe less than that, he's a frickin' liability when it comes to tackling or taking one for the team. Why shovel the ball to the kicker who's about to be creamed? Roll left and heave one into the end zone, or throw it away, or run and try to get as far as you can. Something. But to throw the ball to Crosby like it's a hot potato? Calling him a pussy is an insult to pussies.

The Bucs' defense is tough. But we all worried about the Rams' defense,which until the Bucs became the opponent was supposed to have the best defense in the league.

I think Brady's immobility is a great help for the Packers. Facing someone like Mahomes or Wilson would be the Packers' worst nightmare. Gap discipline on pass rushes limits one's moves. But with a statue like Brady, Dr. Z can spin and zig any which way.Brady can maneuver around with the best of 'em, but he's not going to take off for a twenty yard gain.

Agree 100% on all points. JK Scott drives me nuts. I don't know how that candy ass can go into the locker room. He has pulled every chicken shit kicker move this side of Garo Yepremian.

The extra day? Hell yeah, every little bit helps.

KYPack
01-19-2021, 09:39 PM
The newspaper from this quote might be a little yellow, but....

The clipping would be from 3 months ago. After the Bucs kicked our asses down in cigar town, some Bucco s were feeling like doing a little woofing.

(Quote on)

Bucs linebacker Devin White had this to say about the Packers:

“We knew those guys didn’t deserve to be on the field with us because we’ve got too much talent and fly around to the ball.”

To be sure, White was right. The Packers didn’t deserve to be on the same field against Tampa Bay in Week 6. Green Bay raced to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter, then didn’t take a single snap on the Bucs’ side of the field the rest of the game.

Rodgers completed 45.7 percent of his passes – his only game of less than 60 percent en route to leading the NFL in completion percentage. His passer rating was just 35.4 – one of only two games of less than 107.0 en route to leading the league in that category, as well. In games that Rodgers has started but wasn’t knocked out due to injury, it was the third-lowest completion percentage and second-lowest passer rating of his remarkable career. He threw a unicorn-rare pick-six.

Sacked just 20 times all season, the Bucs dropped him five times. Aaron Jones, who finished third among running backs with a 5.49-yard average, gained just 15 yards on 10 tries against the Bucs.

“Their offensive line couldn’t pick up really none of our stunts,” White said.

(Quote off)

True enough and Devin White played well that day. They probably don't have bulletin boards anymore, but that quote is enough fuel to rate a sticky on everybody's computer screens.

scharpcheddar
01-20-2021, 02:45 AM
Arians vs Rodgers.

2009, Arians offensive coordinator with Steelers

Pitt 37-36

2010 super Bowl. Arians O.C. vs Packers

Packers 31-25.

2012 Colts QB coach, Andrew Luck vs Rodgers

Colts 30-27.

2015, Cardinals , HC.Carson Palmer, beat Packers twice. 38-8 regular season. 26-20 playoffs.

And of course 2020. Bucs coach 38-10, with Brady.

You can say the ones where he's just QB coach or OC. Don't really count maybe. But he must have gained some knowledge/advantage from being in those situations and beating Rodgers.

He knows Rodgers very well, it seems.

And for the hell of it, combined scores lol

Points= 194 to 132

Avg= 32. 1/3 to 22

As a head coach, he's beaten Rodgers and his 2 coaches, 3 times

Points 102 to 38

Avg.= 34 to 12.2/3

Anti-Polar Bear
01-20-2021, 02:50 AM
Bucs linebacker Devin White had this to say about the Packers:

“We knew those guys didn’t deserve to be on the field with us...

WHAT?!?!

As a cool dude, I always want the Packers to win humbly, with “grace in their hearts and flowers in their hairs.” But given the Pirates’ arrogance after that infamous 1st game, fuck it! Go, Pack, go - go annihilate the fuck out of the Pirates arrogantly, and for all I care, with “disgrace in your heart and thorns in your hair.”

Mailman, I detest you whenever you post pics of rednecks and their animal carcasses, especially after a Pack victory. But get your pic of the classy and sophisticated Redcoats and their pirates of the Caribbean carcasses ready!

Upnorth
01-20-2021, 06:27 AM
WR, TE, RB, S, Kicker

The bucs gm had this as one of the best rosters in the league last year and it continues to be probably the best this year as well. We have a great team but we are not better than them everywhere. QB yes. Te yes. Oline yes. Wr 1 yes. Saftey. CB 1yes. After that our advantages disappear.
They would have been in the mix last year for the sb if they had a qb who could protect the ball. Now they do.
They are well constructed for yesterday today and tomorrow. The opposite of win now. They have made acquisitions to patch gaps with suh and brown but that is no different than what we did with Velhdeer. And snacks. Patch gaps with affordable vets who aren't what they once were..
I think we win but we are not a better roster. I think we just play better with what we have.

Cheesehead Craig
01-20-2021, 09:09 AM

Or just be bad enough to select in the top 10 for multiple years and you end up with elite talent that way.

GB-Brandon
01-20-2021, 10:06 AM
Or just be bad enough to select in the top 10 for multiple years and you end up with elite talent that way.

If it was as easy as picking in the top ten every year then teams like Jacksonville would be working on their 5th Super Bowl. The Bucc’s have made a ton of supplemental moves to build their current roster.

Bringing in Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Gronk, Fournette, JPP, and Suh had nothing to do with drafting in the top 10.

Tony Oday
01-20-2021, 10:58 AM
If it was as easy as picking in the top ten every year then teams like Jacksonville would be working on their 5th Super Bowl. The Bucc’s have made a ton of supplemental moves to build their current roster.

Bringing in Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, Gronk, Fournette, JPP, and Suh had nothing to do with drafting in the top 10.

The Packers dont need one of those guys except MAYBE Suh.

Packers4Glory
01-20-2021, 11:30 AM
Arians vs Rodgers.

Pitt 37-36

Packers 31-25.

Colts 30-27.

2015, Cardinals , HC.Carson Palmer, beat Packers twice. 38-8 regular season. 26-20 playoffs.

You can say the ones where he's just QB coach or OC. Don't really count maybe. But he must have gained some knowledge/advantage from being in those situations and beating Rodgers.

Points= 194 to 132

Avg= 32. 1/3 to 22

Points 102 to 38

Avg.= 34 to 12.2/3
uh he learned how to beat Capers defense. He's not forming a gameplan to stop AR

bobblehead
01-20-2021, 12:04 PM

Thats what the saints have been doing the last 4 years. WIN NOW BABY...oh fuck, we didn't win and now we are in cap hell.

In the case of TB this is what happens when you suck for years and get some good cheap contracts and then a really good QB and TE fall into your lap.

smuggler
01-20-2021, 12:18 PM
Plus all their rookie defensive backs are playing at least decently well and their inside linebacking is outstanding.

Spaulding
01-20-2021, 12:22 PM
Thats what the saints have been doing the last 4 years. WIN NOW BABY...oh fuck, we didn't win and now we are in cap hell.

In the case of TB this is what happens when you suck for years and get some good cheap contracts and then a really good QB and TE fall into your lap.

Great post of reason.

Nail meets head here as all will be revealed when Saints roster folds like a cheap umbrella with the reduced cap and they suck for the next five years.

Thank God the Packers organization doesn't listen to the fans at times as we'd suck like the 70's all over. Just need another big name WR to get our offense moving and first in the league this year :-)

scharpcheddar
01-20-2021, 01:33 PM
uh he learned how to beat Capers defense. He's not forming a gameplan to stop AR
He, as a head coach, is 3-0 vs Rodgers.
You shouldn't ignore or slight that
He

GB-Brandon
01-20-2021, 02:15 PM

We’re gonna lose guys anyways like we are this off-season(mainly Aaron Jones) and probably Linsley and Kevin King. I really don’t see an issue every 4th season having a bit of a “mini-rebuild” if your sprinkling in some “World Championships”. The only way to “Win Championships Every Year” is to be a draft God or to be able to make moves like BB!!

The fact is we haven’t sprinkled in any world championships since 2010 and Rodgers is 37 so you can’t say what we’ve done is any better then what the Saints attempted. In fact we had a leg up because we had AR12 who is better then Drew Bree’s hands down.

We’ll see if we can finish the deal this year with this “Half In” approach.

Spaulding
01-20-2021, 04:01 PM
We’re gonna lose guys anyways like we are this off-season(mainly Aaron Jones) and probably Linsley and Kevin King. I really don’t see an issue every 4th season having a bit of a “mini-rebuild” if your sprinkling in some “World Championships”. The only way to “Win Championships Every Year” is to be a draft God or to be able to make moves like BB!!

The fact is we haven’t sprinkled in any world championships since 2010 and Rodgers is 37 so you can’t say what we’ve done is any better then what the Saints attempted. In fact we had a leg up because we had AR12 who is better then Drew Bree’s hands down.

Sorry for the back handed compliment but this is one of your few recent posts that comes off as a good post that doesn't suggest your views as facts. Although some posters agree with all in every year, others follow the draft and develop route. GM's (Thompson and Gute) appearing to sit on their hands during FA or taking players for 2-3-4 years down the line is boring but keeps teams competitive. We also don't really know how many moves they tried to make that fell through. Some deals that look great at the time wouldn't have helped and would hurt us moving forward (think Fuller trade this year if we'd given up a 2nd for him, etc.). Conversely there is the Marshawn Lynch deal that we didn't seal where going one round higher likely would have secured him and helped the team immensely so it obviously goes both ways. Again though this is all behind closed doors and we don't know what players were entertained and how close the Packers came to adding them.

It would suck just as bad to go all in and come up short like the Saints and then have to gut the team and waste two future years of Rodgers playing career with a really substandard roster. Being competitive every year whether you agree with it not gives you the opportunity to catch lighting in a bottle. So much has to go right (match-ups, injuries, peaking at the right time, etc.) to be the team bringing home the title.

Let's hope that in three weeks from this coming Sunday that we're all basking in the glow of another Lombardi trophy.

Upnorth
01-20-2021, 04:11 PM
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/1/20/22241346/tramon-williams-visiting-green-bay-and-is-expected-to-sign-per-report

Who called this?

Spaulding
01-20-2021, 04:38 PM
Excellent news on Tramon Williams being possibly signed. Anything to improve our DB depth behind Alexander and King is good. Doesn't sound like the other recent signing (Jared Veldheer) will be cleared from the COVID list in time for Sunday's game. Then again the OL played exceptional against the Rams and that play will hopefully continue - although adding depth there would be good as well.

Any other former Packers lurking around that were we might sign? Seems to be a trend.

Upnorth
01-20-2021, 04:45 PM
This didn't even happen in the first week I believe

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021/1/20/22241359/packers-buccaneers-wednesday-injury-report-every-member-active-roster-practiced-nfc-championship

That is awesome!

GB-Brandon
01-20-2021, 04:54 PM
Sorry for the back handed compliment but this is one of your few recent posts that comes off as a good post that doesn't suggest your views as facts. Although some posters agree with all in every year, others follow the draft and develop route. GM's (Thompson and Gute) appearing to sit on their hands during FA or taking players for 2-3-4 years down the line is boring but keeps teams competitive. We also don't really know how many moves they tried to make that fell through. Some deals that look great at the time wouldn't have helped and would hurt us moving forward (think Fuller trade this year if we'd given up a 2nd for him, etc.). Conversely there is the Marshawn Lynch deal that we didn't seal where going one round higher likely would have secured him and helped the team immensely so it obviously goes both ways. Again though this is all behind closed doors and we don't know what players were entertained and how close the Packers came to adding them.

It would suck just as bad to go all in and come up short like the Saints and then have to gut the team and waste two future years of Rodgers playing career with a really substandard roster. Being competitive every year whether you agree with it not gives you the opportunity to catch lighting in a bottle. So much has to go right (match-ups, injuries, peaking at the right time, etc.) to be the team bringing home the title.

Let's hope that in three weeks from this coming Sunday that we're all basking in the glow of another Lombardi trophy.

It’s our best shot since 2015(A game I was at) and the Tampa defense isn’t as strong as that Seahawks defense was. Being at Lambeau etc etc and we should at least get to the Super Bowl!!

We shall see!!!

smuggler
01-20-2021, 05:14 PM
Tramon coming back would be such a great story if we do manage to win it all.

Cheesehead Craig
01-20-2021, 07:13 PM

I am not saying that that is all that is needed to succeed. Obviously good management and drafting skills are needed. Add in good coaching hires otherwise all the high draft picks in the world won't help. Something Jacksonville absolutely seems to be allergic to. And yes supplementing a draft with free-agent signings is definitely a must. I have not been happy about that with the Packers but, two 13 and 3 seasons in a row seem to say they're doing pretty good.

Oh, and what's with all the stuff in quotations? You're starting to look a little bit like woodbuck there. Just don't start using random colors. Or talking about how many crunches you can do.

smuggler
01-20-2021, 08:26 PM
Hah, I just noticed Crosby's injury designation -- "J.K. Scott" :-D

George Cumby
01-20-2021, 08:51 PM
Arians vs Rodgers.

Pitt 37-36

Packers 31-25.

Colts 30-27.

Points= 194 to 132

Avg= 32. 1/3 to 22

Points 102 to 38

Avg.= 34 to 12.2/3

You fuck-tard, the correct answer is the square root of pi.

Now go blow a goat or something.

scharpcheddar
01-20-2021, 09:50 PM
You fuck-tard, the correct answer is the square root of pi.

Now go blow a goat or something.

......blow a goat........

Zool
01-20-2021, 09:51 PM
Or something

Bretsky
01-20-2021, 10:00 PM

They built up their defense pretty well with those top draft picks.

I"m not going to crown them as anything special til I wait and see if they knock us off

scharpcheddar
01-20-2021, 11:13 PM
The October Bucs v Pack is on right now

Fritz
01-21-2021, 10:19 AM

Packers sign Jason Veldheer. They sign Tramon Williams. All in the last two weeks.

And what's up with "you can't say we've done any better than what the Saints attempted." How many Super Bowl wins do they have in that time frame? How many Super Bowl appearances? How many NFC Championship game appearances? The Packers haven't done better . . . because they have a better QB than New Orleans, so their success doesn't count? What the hell does that even mean? That you discount the Packers' success because the organization procured the services of a really good player? By that logic, we shouldn't "count" the Patriots' success all these years because . . . they had Tom Brady. And taking that a step further, Dan Snyder's idiotic attempts to win now - all his crazy-ass free agent signings - is the same as the Patriots' level of success, because you can't "count" Tom Brady.

That's one effed up world you're living in there.

As for this game, of course no one knows. But I do think the underlying factors mostly favor the Packers - the game at home in the cold, the extra day's rest, the emergence of the offensive line over the course of the season. Hell, even Tampa Bay's special teams seem as bad as Green Bay's.

Really, one crucial aspect is for The Flower to stick with the run. Any time Rodgers thinks a big game is on his shoulders, he seems to not play terribly well. He can come unglued pretty quick, and it's hard to get him back on track. I'd go with a conservative game plan for at least the first quarter. Put it on Aaron Jones's shoulders, plus the other two RB's, and use Rodgers as an adjunct to that. I know Tex won't like that idea, but I do think Rodgers, for all his brilliance, can get rattled in big games in which he thinks he's got to be the be-all.

texaspackerbacker
01-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Really, one crucial aspect is for The Flower to stick with the run. Any time Rodgers thinks a big game is on his shoulders, he seems to not play terribly well. He can come unglued pretty quick, and it's hard to get him back on track. I'd go with a conservative game plan for at least the first quarter. Put it on Aaron Jones's shoulders, plus the other two RB's, and use Rodgers as an adjunct to that. I know Tex won't like that idea, but I do think Rodgers, for all his brilliance, can get rattled in big games in which he thinks he's got to be the be-all.

Hell no, it's NOT crucial to stick with the run. Other years, it wasn't even a little bit good idea. This year, our O Line isn't so bad and Aaron Jones is extraordinary, so using the run as a change of pace a bigger percentage of the time ain't a bad idea. But if Aaron Rodgers thinks he is the "be-all", it's because he IS the be-all, and at times he really needs to take it upon himself to win the game. Those times often are dictated by the defense. If they sell out to stop the run, it is foolhardy to stick with the run. We are damn fortunate to have the GOAT to be the be-all. And what if the defense sells out to stop Rodgers and our passing game? Yeah, then we run a little bit more, but even in those situations, Rodgers can and usually does beat the D.

GB-Brandon
01-21-2021, 05:26 PM
Packers sign Jason Veldheer. They sign Tramon Williams. All in the last two weeks.

I wouldn’t consider these signings to be worth doing kart-wheels or anything over. Unless injuries hit hard I don’t expect either to even see the field. We might get a motivational speech out of Williams.

Cheesehead Craig
01-21-2021, 05:34 PM
If Tramon suits up and actually plays and say, makes a big INT, is he eligible for the Fuckdoggle Award?

George Cumby
01-21-2021, 05:38 PM
Agree with Fritz.

Commit to and establish the run, sets up play-action, slows the pass-rush, keep the ball away from the Orangesicles offense.

All this sets 12 up for a big day.

smuggler
01-21-2021, 08:38 PM
It was the best of times: https://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore.asp?gameid=27444320&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1

It was the worst of times: https://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/boxscore.asp?gameid=27444261&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1

According to this sim service, the chances of us getting blown out are greater than the chances of us blowing the Bucs out.

Jaire
01-22-2021, 07:58 AM

Packers should have won in 2014. That was their year. Rodgers just said this week (McAfee show) that it was the best team.

We had horrible injury luck. Don't underesrimate losing Al Harris, Tramon, Collins, Woodson, Shields as well as the injuries to Finley and Jordy from 2009 to 2016. These were devastating.

We should have moved on from TT and MM after 2014. Before that TT was the best in the biz though. We had the best drafts for drafting so late year after year. It's hard to be competitive drafting low and with such key injuries. TT brought in Peppers, Woodson, others. I do prefer Gute's approach to Ted's but he learned from TT and it shows.

The Saints are a bad comparison. 1) They didn't suffer the injuries. 2) They are in cap hell now and worse than GB even going all in. 3) They should have moved on from Brees 2 years ago -- why the Pack was preparing to move from AR (just look at the last years of every great QB except Favre. They all lost it. That is a TT move: better a year early than a year late)

Also compare Rivers. He never even made it to the SB and imo was better than Brees. It's not easy.

This game will be good. TB had an amazing off season. A really great draft. They will be a contender for a while. I'm not sure they are ready to beat GB (and I don't think Brady has enough in the tank. Pettine will bring it. Pretty sure.)

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 08:38 AM
Packers should have won in 2014. That was their year. Rodgers just said this week (McAfee show) that it was the best team.

We had horrible injury luck. Don't underesrimate losing Al Harris, Tramon, Collins, Woodson, Shields as well as the injuries to Finley and Jordy from 2009 to 2016. These were devastating.

We should have moved on from TT and MM after 2014. Before that TT was the best in the biz though. We had the best drafts for drafting so late year after year. It's hard to be competitive drafting low and with such key injuries. TT brought in Peppers, Woodson, others. I do prefer Gute's approach to Ted's but he learned from TT and it shows.

The Saints are a bad comparison. 1) They didn't suffer the injuries. 2) They are in cap hell now and worse than GB even going all in. 3) They should have moved on from Brees 2 years ago -- why the Pack was preparing to move from AR (just look at the last years of every great QB except Favre. They all lost it. That is a TT move: better a year early than a year late)

Also compare Rivers. He never even made it to the SB and imo was better than Brees. It's not easy.

This game will be good. TB had an amazing off season. A really great draft. They will be a contender for a while. I'm not sure they are ready to beat GB (and I don't think Brady has enough in the tank. Pettine will bring it. Pretty sure.)

Agree with most of this. I “posted” that this is our best chance since 2015. Up until that point I was part of the “In Ted I Trust Camp.” Yes, people were held onto for far too long.

I never brought up the Saints as a comparison(Bobble Did). I simply said neither has won a Super Bowl and we have the better QB although the Saints have been kinda robbed a couple times I will add.

Gute has done some nice things to fortify the current roster but everyone here knows what my issue is. Hopefully we can sneak one in this year and it can FINALLY BE ADDRESSED to finish this thing off and salvage whats left of Rodgers career.

Upnorth
01-22-2021, 08:51 AM
Lafleur has proven just how much McCarthy held the pack back.

bobblehead
01-22-2021, 09:42 AM

We failed to win more Owls cuz MM was a first class tool. TT surrounded Rodgers and the team with a lot of talent over the years. And we have been to multiple NFCC games with chances at more Owls...its just not as easy as you seem to think. Brees is superior to Rodgers in most metrics of quarterbacking, I don't need to rehash that. Who is better really comes down to opinion as they are that close.

We went "all in" last year by signing 2 huge contracts and 2 big contracts. Now we will lose players. Young ascending players. Guys that protect Rodgers and a guy who helps Rodgers as a weapon. True, we haven't won a championship since 2010. Big whoop. Neither have the vast majority of franchises. OMG they wasted Rivers/Brees/Ryan/Prescott/Stafford/Newton/Wilson/Manning!!!

bobblehead
01-22-2021, 09:47 AM
They built up their defense pretty well with those top draft picks.

I"m not going to crown them as anything special til I wait and see if they knock us off

Agreed. And if they lose to us you know what they are? A team that went for it, didn't win their division and came up just short. Next year TB12 is a year older. Godwin is a FA. Suh is older. But hey, like N.O. they can stretch it further and go for it again.

bobblehead
01-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Hell no, it's NOT crucial to stick with the run. Other years, it wasn't even a little bit good idea. This year, our O Line isn't so bad and Aaron Jones is extraordinary, so using the run as a change of pace a bigger percentage of the time ain't a bad idea. But if Aaron Rodgers thinks he is the "be-all", it's because he IS the be-all, and at times he really needs to take it upon himself to win the game. Those times often are dictated by the defense. If they sell out to stop the run, it is foolhardy to stick with the run. We are damn fortunate to have the GOAT to be the be-all. And what if the defense sells out to stop Rodgers and our passing game? Yeah, then we run a little bit more, but even in those situations, Rodgers can and usually does beat the D.

Yea...he is the shit. The way he played in the 1st half of last years NFCC....the shit!

bobblehead
01-22-2021, 09:54 AM
Lafleur has proven just how much McCarthy held the pack back.

This sums up my rantings for the last 5 years in one simple sentence. And to those that doubted me...see Dallas.

Fritz
01-22-2021, 09:56 AM
I wouldn’t consider these signings to be worth doing kart-wheels or anything over. Unless injuries hit hard I don’t expect either to even see the field. We might get a motivational speech out of Williams.

Nobody was doing cartwheels over Bruce Wilkerson or Howard Green, either. But they were key.

It takes guys you don't really know stepping up and making plays, as well as your big guns playing well.

Sparkey
01-22-2021, 12:18 PM
AB ruled out for Tampa

bobblehead
01-22-2021, 01:15 PM
AB ruled out for Tampa

After being day to day and it being treated as no big deal I have to wonder. Given ABs history was he trying to leverage a contract or being an ass in any way? I have nothing to lead me to this conclusion except his history.

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 01:31 PM
We failed to win more Owls cuz MM was a first class tool. TT surrounded Rodgers and the team with a lot of talent over the years. And we have been to multiple NFCC games with chances at more Owls...its just not as easy as you seem to think. Brees is superior to Rodgers in most metrics of quarterbacking, I don't need to rehash that. Who is better really comes down to opinion as they are that close.

We went "all in" last year by signing 2 huge contracts and 2 big contracts. Now we will lose players. Young ascending players. Guys that protect Rodgers and a guy who helps Rodgers as a weapon. True, we haven't won a championship since 2010. Big whoop. Neither have the vast majority of franchises. OMG they wasted Rivers/Brees/Ryan/Prescott/Stafford/Newton/Wilson/Manning!!!

Other then McCarthy this is just Disgusting Rhetoric!!! I’m simply not gonna carry this blasphemy out into conversation two days before the NFC Championship Game!!

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 01:35 PM
Nobody was doing cartwheels over Bruce Wilkerson or Howard Green, either. But they were key.

It takes guys you don't really know stepping up and making plays, as well as your big guns playing well.

I’m certainly not holding my breath on Williams or Veldheer!!

Jaire
01-22-2021, 02:11 PM
Agree with most of this. I “posted” that this is our best chance since 2015. Up until that point I was part of the “In Ted I Trust Camp.” Yes, people were held onto for far too long.

I never brought up the Saints as a comparison(Bobble Did). I simply said neither has won a Super Bowl and we have the better QB although the Saints have been kinda robbed a couple times I will add.

Gute has done some nice things to fortify the current roster but everyone here knows what my issue is. Hopefully we can sneak one in this year and it can FINALLY BE ADDRESSED to finish this thing off and salvage whats left of Rodgers career.

I think they meant to draft WR this year. Both Aiyuk and Jefferson were gone. They tried moving up round two. The FO fought about trading for one at the deadline. Bottom line: they knew what they had (though they wanted to improve) and I prefer their overall method of not leaving the TE and RB rooms so thin as under Mac. This team was very depleted. It takes time: 26 & 6 is a great record during a rebuild.. Next year is another DEEP draft at WR and looks to be a much better overall draft. So we will be in better position. All that said, what ever happens, I do think the Packers are the best team remaining.

RashanGary
01-22-2021, 02:42 PM
This sums up my rantings for the last 5 years in one simple sentence. And to those that doubted me...see Dallas.

I didn’t know what was wrong, but congrats, you did. MM stayed old school with the new generation of millennials who aren’t as good at taking cold hard orders and want to be a part of the discussions. Lafleur gets more out of the new generation of guys.

The Shadow
01-22-2021, 04:22 PM
I think Tramon's return is big. Feel a lot more confident now.

RashanGary
01-22-2021, 04:47 PM
King has a back, which I suspect is a way to make Brady have to spend time preparing for something else but in reality king is 100%. Pettine calls wrinkles or personnel preparation, body punches. It takes time away from other areas. I hope it’s a body punch for Brady.

But having Tramon in nickel sure does help if King really is injuried.

I’d love to see the packers get a W with no major injuries. I’d be willing to lose Dillon or maybe Kamal Martin or a special teamer like Austin. But legitimate contributors, if we leave healthy, we have a shot for a title.

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 06:02 PM
I think they meant to draft WR this year. Both Aiyuk and Jefferson were gone. They tried moving up round two. The FO fought about trading for one at the deadline. Bottom line: they knew what they had (though they wanted to improve) and I prefer their overall method of not leaving the TE and RB rooms so thin as under Mac. This team was very depleted. It takes time: 26 & 6 is a great record during a rebuild.. Next year is another DEEP draft at WR and looks to be a much better overall draft. So we will be in better position. All that said, what ever happens, I do think the Packers are the best team remaining.

Like always I am taking the higher road per this discussion and hoping for the best and to complete the run!!!

We will deal with “The Final Piece” later!!!

Upnorth
01-22-2021, 07:39 PM
The closer we get the more I'm worried our d isn't up to task. We have been improving but Tampa has a great o. 3rd or 4th best in the league.

I don't think we can win this one.

RashanGary
01-22-2021, 07:58 PM
The closer we get the more I'm worried our d isn't up to task. We have been improving but Tampa has a great o. 3rd or 4th best in the league.

Get outta here, dawg! We gonna win!

RashanGary
01-22-2021, 08:20 PM
Holy shit, first time we’ve been legit favorites to go to super bowl in a long time. This feels more like 96 than 2019! Go Pack Go!

RashanGary
01-22-2021, 08:24 PM
The defense has really come on the last month or two. Playing at statistical top 5 level down the stretch along with the number 1 offense and some suspect special teams. Maybe it’s all hands on deck for special teams with Amos, Lazard and maybe a guy like Savage to slow down punt gunners and Aaron Jones to return kicks.

Man, I’d love to see a super bowl championship for 12 and company. Really light up the GOAT talk. It 12 somehow got 3, he’d be right in that Brady, Montana discussion for GOAT

RashanGary
01-22-2021, 08:32 PM
Since week 10, Gary has the leagues highest pressure percentage in the league. Second is Aaron Donald

KYPack
01-22-2021, 08:47 PM
Antonio Brown is out for Sunday. Not a huge loss, but Brady spent some juice trying to put him in the mix. Vita Vea, the big NT is active for the game. This is mainly smoke, he won't be that effective coming off a broken ankle. The big worry attacking this D is their ILB's David and White are like that pair SF had a few years ago. They are first rate. I know 12 would love to put in these two young backers in a trick bag. Especially after White shot his mouth off after the debacle in Tampa in October. A problem is, the kid is so good, he can spout off. TB has some really active DB's. But they are young ones. I know 12 and Devonte have some nice shake and go's and other tricks up their sleeves to reward them for their aggressive play in Fla.

Defensively, the game plan is stop Jones and knock Brady off his spot. That is hardly news, but it is true. Old Tom is great, but we may just have the GOAT in green and gold.

As far as the game, I don't want to talk about whether we should have drafted Joe Blow 3 years ago. Let's fold back ears and knock the shit out of these guys. Their mouths were flapping pretty hard in October, let's clock them in the mouth and shut 'em up in January.

I got a feeling, Packers going to the Super Bowl.

Joemailman
01-22-2021, 09:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsXdivKXcAczRbp?format=jpg&name=medium

run pMc
01-22-2021, 09:18 PM
Win it for Ted!

Also: that they signed Tramon would seem be quite an indictment of Josh Jackson and Kadar Hollman.

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 09:45 PM

I have that feeling too but it isn’t our defensive talent per say. It’s the feeling of “Mike Pettine.” He is the one wild card that scares me on that side of the ball. The players are gonna go with all they got but Pettine has to put them in position to win. If he coaches this game “Scared” then we’re screwed. He has to let that back end play!!! Brady isn’t a mobile QB so make him uncomfortable and frustrate him. Them not having AB is a big deal. It’s all in the hands of Pettine. I believe in our players to get it done and the talent on that side of the ball!! We’re gonna live and die with Pettine!!!

On offense it’s the same old same old. Rodgers is gonna show up!! He is just razor locked in and he won’t let us down. We need to get another great effort from OL and obviously take care of the ball.

AND CATCH THE FUCKEN BALL!!!!!!!!

That’s the recipe!!! I really believe we win this in the end!!!! I’ve been rolling the Pack over since Tennessee!!

HarveyWallbangers
01-22-2021, 09:50 PM
According to PFF:

Highest pressure % since Week 10:

1. Rashan Gary - 18.7%
2. Aaron Donald - 18.6%

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 09:51 PM
If people go back and look at my posts way way way back my three biggest concerns for this team before this season even started we’re.

1. Wide Receiver- missing piece in LaFluer Offense

2. Mike Pettine and his ability to be competent and run a legitimate defense

3. Offensive Line holding up.

Looks like we’re good at OL but number 1 and 2 are gonna decide if we go to the Super Bowl!!!

GB-Brandon
01-22-2021, 09:54 PM
According to PFF:

We’re gonna need all of Gary!!!

call_me_ishmael
01-22-2021, 10:32 PM
According to PFF:

Wow, that's incredible. He is really coming on strong. I never would have guessed he was leading the league in pressure success rate. That's a very encouraging sign for his future.

th87
01-23-2021, 01:51 AM
RE: Bend but don't break

Is it even a smart defensive strategy? I guess it works against worse offenses, where they might make a mistake somewhere within a long drive.

But you're tiring your defense out (so they'll become increasingly less effective), keeping your offense off the field (messing up their rhythm), and allowing the opposition to rest their defense. If we then allow a TD, it is catastrophic; the worst possible outcome.

Against good offenses, I'd probably rather be aggressive and take more risks, especially early. If you blow it, maybe you give up a quick TD, but at least you didn't wear down your defense doing so (which should keep them fresher later). And you allow your offense to wear down their defense, which will pay off later.

I think the MM days were the worst of both worlds. Quick strike offense, allowing opposing defenses to stay fresh; BBDB defense - tired and useless at the end of games, which likely led to their terrible metrics.

This is likely why the Patriots were so good in the clutch; they were facing an exhausted defense down the stretch. This is also a part of why the Packers are better under Lafleur. They'll likely be even better when they rid themselves of Pettine's philosophy.

Jaire
01-23-2021, 07:54 AM
I think Tramon's return is big. Feel a lot more confident now.

I think so too. Aaron just remarked that Tramon looked "amazing" in practice and could go 70 snaps (which might be smoke).

But there is this: last year the Packers were very good on D in the red zone and Tramon talked about it all year. This year they are better on D overall but much worse in the red zone -- opposite of bend but don't break. In fact they gave up 2 TDs and one FG on three drives to the Rams. On the Rams other 5 drives they only had twenty-eight yards total. Seems like that was the case in all the games down the stretch.

Hoping Tramon can at least be a huge help in the end zone. I don't know what else explains such a drop off.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2021, 08:17 AM
Packers were 8th in opponent red zone scoring % though.

Jaire
01-23-2021, 08:23 AM
According to PFF:

Who does Gary compare to?

He is like the Smith bros: not quick twitch, not much bend. But he's stronger, faster, and more agile. And starting to pass them by. I can't think of a good comp for Gary.

George Cumby
01-23-2021, 08:27 AM
I think so too. Aaron just remarked that Tramon looked "amazing" in practice and could go 70 snaps (which might be smoke).

But there is this: last year the Packers were very good on D in the red zone and Tramon talked about it all year. This year they are better on D overall but much worse in the red zone -- opposite of bend but don't break. In fact they gave up 2 TDs and one FG on three drives to the Rams. On the Rams other 5 drives they only had twenty-eight yards total. Seems like that was the case in all the games down the stretch.

Hoping Tramon can at least be a huge help in the end zone. I don't know what else explains such a drop off.

good post

Fritz
01-23-2021, 09:24 AM
Win it for Ted!

Also: that they signed Tramon would seem be quite an indictment of Josh Jackson and Kadar Hollman.

Good post on both counts. Holloman, okay, he was a sixth-rounder, and the expectations are much lower - maybe a good special teamer who can fill in for short bursts. But likely not an ascending player.

Jackson's just been a bad second round pick. Like Ted's third round picks. He was snake bit in that round.

Ky's post also hit the nail on the head for that TB defense - it's the quickness of those two inside linebackers that poses the biggest problem for that Pakcker O line. If the linemen can't get out there and cut them off, it's going to be a long day. Reminds me of the 2016 NFC Championship game - it was clear that the Packers just were not quick enough to match Atlanta.

So I would imagine that The Flower is working overtime trying to figure out how to neutralize that speed/quickness at ILB. I don't know enough about football to know what that would look like, but that's the challenge.

Jaire
01-23-2021, 09:37 AM
You neutralize them by running right at them. It's why they are trying to bring back Vita. And we had some success with this the first go. Start Williams and Dillon, down their throat. That will open it all up.

This game (as most championship games) is all about winning the trenches. Packers have the edge here. Best O line in football and on D an ascending pass rush that can stop the run when they choose to. Just gotta play the game.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Antonio Brown is out for Sunday. Not a huge loss, but Brady spent some juice trying to put him in the mix. Vita Vea, the big NT is active for the game. This is mainly smoke, he won't be that effective coming off a broken ankle. The big worry attacking this D is their ILB's David and White are like that pair SF had a few years ago. They are first rate. I know 12 would love to put in these two young backers in a trick bag. Especially after White shot his mouth off after the debacle in Tampa in October. A problem is, the kid is so good, he can spout off. TB has some really active DB's. But they are young ones. I know 12 and Devonte have some nice shake and go's and other tricks up their sleeves to reward them for their aggressive play in Fla.

Defensively, the game plan is stop Jones and knock Brady off his spot. That is hardly news, but it is true. Old Tom is great, but we may just have the GOAT in green and gold.

As far as the game, I don't want to talk about whether we should have drafted Joe Blow 3 years ago. Let's fold back ears and knock the shit out of these guys. Their mouths were flapping pretty hard in October, let's clock them in the mouth and shut 'em up in January.

I got a feeling, Packers going to the Super Bowl.

Last year when we faced Dallas they had a similar D with similar ILB talent. We ran it right up the gut and did it well. I said it then. When a team uses speed ILB who are slightly undersized you can run between the tackles and negate their strength. Jones happens to be best between the tackles. This game is where losing Bak hurts because Turner as a guard is really good at latching onto guys like this at the second level. You are going to see Jones up the gut about 18-20 times in this game. And if we do it right the play action off that is going to be Tonyan up the seam for 25 yard gains.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 10:14 AM
Since week 10, Gary has the leagues highest pressure percentage in the league. Second is Aaron Donald

Considering he has been setting a mean edge the entire time this is incredible. I don't think anyone but the most optimistic of us saw this coming, but Gary is becoming a pro bowl talent right before our eyes. I'll be honest, I didn't think he had the instincts to honor the run and be able to shift into rush mode. He is proving a lot of us wrong and I think us doubters are loving the taste of crow.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 10:18 AM
RE: Bend but don't break

Is it even a smart defensive strategy? I guess it works against worse offenses, where they might make a mistake somewhere within a long drive.

But you're tiring your defense out (so they'll become increasingly less effective), keeping your offense off the field (messing up their rhythm), and allowing the opposition to rest their defense. If we then allow a TD, it is catastrophic; the worst possible outcome.

Against good offenses, I'd probably rather be aggressive and take more risks, especially early. If you blow it, maybe you give up a quick TD, but at least you didn't wear down your defense doing so (which should keep them fresher later). And you allow your offense to wear down their defense, which will pay off later.

I think the MM days were the worst of both worlds. Quick strike offense, allowing opposing defenses to stay fresh; BBDB defense - tired and useless at the end of games, which likely led to their terrible metrics.

This is likely why the Patriots were so good in the clutch; they were facing an exhausted defense down the stretch. This is also a part of why the Packers are better under Lafleur. They'll likely be even better when they rid themselves of Pettine's philosophy.

I have never agreed with a single post you have made in FYI. This however I am 100% on board with. Its similar to what I have said for the last decade here. I could have written it myself. Well done.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 10:29 AM

He is like the Smith bros: not quick twitch, not much bend. But he's stronger, faster, and more agile. And starting to pass them by. I can't think of a good comp for Gary.

There is no real comp. He is elite size/strength/speed combination. Everyone I try to compare his style to is smaller than him, everyone I try to compare his size to plays undersized DE and isn't as athletic. Clowney is probably the closest thing we got. Clowney has never reached his potential, but has been a solid to very good pro. I would say Gary comps pretty close to him right now. If he takes another step forward look out.

Z has one and only one edge on him. Z has ridiculous twitch. His inside rush moves are insane. Gary is already near his equal on edge rushing and better vs. the run. If Gary can get even close to Z as an inside rusher we have a matchup nightmare on our hands.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 10:33 AM
You neutralize them by running right at them. It's why they are trying to bring back Vita. And we had some success with this the first go. Start Williams and Dillon, down their throat. That will open it all up.

This game (as most championship games) is all about winning the trenches. Packers have the edge here. Best O line in football and on D an ascending pass rush that can stop the run when they choose to. Just gotta play the game.

You're close. Williams actually is a better outside zbs runner than Jones though and Jones is better inside zbs. Its counter intuitive, but its the way it is. Jones has that Peterson vision to weave through traffic, but he doesn't seem to see the opening to cut back into on outside runs. This is actually not as bad a matchup for our run game as we might think, but honestly if Jones ever is going to get 25 carries, this is the game.

Fritz
01-23-2021, 10:44 AM
You're close. Williams actually is a better outside zbs runner than Jones though and Jones is better inside zbs. Its counter intuitive, but its the way it is. Jones has that Peterson vision to weave through traffic, but he doesn't seem to see the opening to cut back into on outside runs. This is actually not as bad a matchup for our run game as we might think, but honestly if Jones ever is going to get 25 carries, this is the game.

Back in the 90's when Holmgren used the run as a change of pace, I would get furious as I watched. I grew up in the late 60's and the 70's, so it was ingrained in me that you HAD to run the ball to be successful. I'd channel my inner Bo Schembecler and scream at the television, "run the ball, goddammit!" Spittle flying out of my mouth and everything.

Then PB and others taught me that the game had changed, the rules had changed, and running the ball was archaic. I was trying for years to get on board, though MM's penchant for ignoring the run for long stretches drove me nuts. But I tried.

But the game seems to have evolved again. So I am fully on board with running the ball down their damn throats. And there's no need to "save" Jones at this point, so feed him the ball. Feed them all the ball. Use Dillon and Jones like they did in the last game, and after giving Dillon the ball a few times, throw it to Jones after he motions outside.

Tex, I know you don't agree, but I think you put Rodgers in a position to play his best football if he doesn't feel it's all on him. And if the defense has to key on the run, you give Rodgers more time to do his thing without having to scramble around like a chicken with its head cut off.

bobblehead
01-23-2021, 11:00 AM
Back in the 90's when Holmgren used the run as a change of pace, I would get furious as I watched. I grew up in the late 60's and the 70's, so it was ingrained in me that you HAD to run the ball to be successful. I'd channel my inner Bo Schembecler and scream at the television, "run the ball, goddammit!" Spittle flying out of my mouth and everything.

Then PB and others taught me that the game had changed, the rules had changed, and running the ball was archaic. I was trying for years to get on board, though MM's penchant for ignoring the run for long stretches drove me nuts. But I tried.

But the game seems to have evolved again. So I am fully on board with running the ball down their damn throats. And there's no need to "save" Jones at this point, so feed him the ball. Feed them all the ball. Use Dillon and Jones like they did in the last game, and after giving Dillon the ball a few times, throw it to Jones after he motions outside.

Tex, I know you don't agree, but I think you put Rodgers in a position to play his best football if he doesn't feel it's all on him. And if the defense has to key on the run, you give Rodgers more time to do his thing without having to scramble around like a chicken with its head cut off.

But the game never truly changed. People thought it did. Look at your Owl winners. Brady audibles into run plays more than anyone I have ever seen. You have always needed to run effectively to win. Peyton Manning proved that. Fat mike as well. Regular season all world offenses built running the ball 20% of the time fail epically in the post season all the time.

Its is now, and has been for a long time about balance. No one wins the owl without both running and passing the ball well...with very few exceptions.

Jaire
01-23-2021, 11:47 AM

Plus

Play Action

It slows the blitz pressure AND opens up play action (as well as RPO) which has been deadly this year.

Cheesehead Craig
01-23-2021, 12:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsXdivKXcAczRbp?format=jpg&name=medium

St. Brown was a limited participant but it had nothing to do with injury.

sharpe1027
01-23-2021, 12:15 PM
Run the ball and keep doing it while it's working. But if they are keying on stopping the run, you put it in Rodger's hands early and often.

Fosco33
01-23-2021, 12:27 PM
Feels like the Packers have started fast in nearly every game and most opening possessions.

In this type of game - you want to set the tone early.

Offensive keys seem pretty basic: protect Arodg, play a clean game and win ToP. Be prepared for heavy zone and have a quick insert adjustment if they play contrarian.

Defensively: TB’s red zone has dried up in last 3 weeks (38%) - so we’ll see if Packers can keep that going, pressure Brady (he was only sacked once vs the Saints and Zero times in our first matchup).

Championship games also have that weird X factor play. Stuff happens you just don’t see in other playoff or reg season games. Coaches need to have the team ready to get over weird plays, weird calls and just focus the Offense on hanging 30+. If our Defense can’t keep Brady/Jones and co to under 30, they don’t deserve the chance for the trophy anyway.

I think GB will lead by 3 at the half and enter the 4th Q behind but will pull ahead mid 4th Q and lean on Jones/Dillon to take it home.

Let’s fucking go!

Pack 30
Bucs 24

Fritz
01-23-2021, 01:00 PM
But the game never truly changed. People thought it did. Look at your Owl winners. Brady audibles into run plays more than anyone I have ever seen. You have always needed to run effectively to win. Peyton Manning proved that. Fat mike as well. Regular season all world offenses built running the ball 20% of the time fail epically in the post season all the time.

Its is now, and has been for a long time about balance. No one wins the owl without both running and passing the ball well...with very few exceptions.

Bobble, I respect your opinions, but you'd be hard pressed to say the game has not changed. The rules have changed drastically over the past fifty years to favor offenses. Especially pass offenses. If you look at the run-pass ratios of the 70's they're much higher than now. It didn't pay to pass when defensive players could almost literally take a receiver's head off, or could put sticky all over their gloves, and QB's could get slammed to the ground.

It's not that running games disappeared, it's that offenses became more efficient in passing. Completion percentages today are ridiculous compared to even the 80's or 90's, much less the 70's. Mike Holmgren famously used a short passing game as a substitute for running. If Edgar Benett had fifteen carries for 60 yards, that was a solid Packer running game when Holmgren was coaching.

I don't think those numbers will fly on Sunday for Aaron Jones. It has morphed back toward running - which I love - and which I'd like to see the Packers do. Unless, of course, TB stacks the box to stop the run. Then you pass on them, of course.

Cheesehead Craig
01-23-2021, 01:35 PM
If the Pack can stop their habit of allowing a score right before half then allowing another one on the opponents first 3Q drive while the offense stalls, that would be great.

Fritz
01-23-2021, 01:52 PM
If the Pack can stop their habit of allowing a score right before half then allowing another one on the opponents first 3Q drive while the offense stalls, that would be great.

They've done less of that since MM left, I think. They do seem to have a third-quarter let down, though. But in the playoffs, at least, how can any team play dominantly all through a game?

This should be a tight one. I'm going to try to enjoy it and not just get pissed off when things don't go well. I'm going to remember that many, many fans don't get to watch their team in an NFC or AFC championship game.

I've been a fan since I was a boy, back in the late 60's. I suffered through the 70's and 80's and early 90's, and when the Packers went to the Super Bowl against New England in the late 90's and won, I remember thinking that even if they never won another Super Bowl, I did get to see them do that, and back in the early 80's with Forrest Gregg and the like, that didn't seem remotely possible.

Then I got to see them win another one in 2010. I am grateful for the success I've been able to see, consistetly, for over twenty years. That is unusual for an NFL football fan.

Joemailman
01-23-2021, 04:10 PM
10 years ago today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dO828YUmlg

King Friday
01-23-2021, 04:34 PM
Entire game comes down to getting pressure on Brady. If our pass rush is mediocre, the Bucs will win. The Packers have to make life uncomfortable for Brady. Otherwise, he will move it easily against our defense, which simply does not play well in space. Honestly...the same is true for Tampa. They won the first matchup due to the pressure they got on Rodgers. They have to do that again, or the MVP will absolutely dice that mediocre Tampa backend. The team that protects their QB best will win tomorrow.

Fritz
01-23-2021, 04:52 PM
Entire game comes down to getting pressure on Brady. If our pass rush is mediocre, the Bucs will win. The Packers have to make life uncomfortable for Brady. Otherwise, he will move it easily against our defense, which simply does not play well in space. Honestly...the same is true for Tampa. They won the first matchup due to the pressure they got on Rodgers. They have to do that again, or the MVP will absolutely dice that mediocre Tampa backend. The team that protects their QB best will win tomorrow.

Conversely, whichever team is more effective running will likely better protect the passer and thus win the game. For our defense, I'm wondering if Snacks Harrison will play more on early and running downs. If the Pack lets Ronald Johnson run wild, it's gonna be a long day. Stop him and Fournette, and you can turn the dogs loose on Brady.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2021, 05:48 PM

He's got a bit of Big Z to his game. I thought hard about this, and I drew a blank. Maybe Tim Harris. Harris was a big, athletic guy who seemed a little unrefined his first couple of years.

RashanGary
01-23-2021, 05:57 PM
Gary is kind of unique in his size and athleticism. He’s kind of spazzy, the way he plays, like a kid who talks so fast he stutters, Gary can’t slow his body down and be really efficient.

He has the body of the all time greats like White and Watt but he has the mind of someone like MVS who hasn’t been able to put it all together. He seems to have the work ethic of an all time great though. He has higher potential than Z but for some reason a little less likelihood of really getting all of the way there than Z.

There just aren’t good comps for Gary. He’s too big and fast to compare him to so/so players but not quite good enough to compare him to great ones just yet. He’s an odd duck. Glad he works so hard because there is a chance he’s special still.

scharpcheddar
01-23-2021, 06:28 PM
0-3 leads to 0-6.

Every time Rodgers/Packers have lost to a team in Regular season, they then lost to them in conference championship.

Will home make a difference?

Trivia- Favre lost to Giants at home in 2007 conf championship

Jaire
01-23-2021, 06:58 PM
Gary is kind of unique in his size and athleticism. He’s kind of spazzy, the way he plays, like a kid who talks so fast he stutters, Gary can’t slow his body down and be really efficient.

He has the body of the all time greats like White and Watt but he has the mind of someone like MVS who hasn’t been able to put it all together. He seems to have the work ethic of an all time great though. He has higher potential than Z but for some reason a little less likelihood of really getting all of the way there than Z.

There just aren’t good comps for Gary. He’s too big and fast to compare him to so/so players but not quite good enough to compare him to great ones just yet. He’s an odd duck. Glad he works so hard because there is a chance he’s special still.

Yeah. That was my only knock on him at draft. He's really immature, even has that baby face. But he can grow into it maybe and has come a long way this year.

esoxx
01-23-2021, 07:42 PM

Yup, and you also better be able to stop or at least slow down the run. Which they couldn't do in the first game against TB either

This is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night:

https://fansided.com/2020/11/03/nfl-bad-coaching-mike-pettine-adam-gase/

I still think Pack wins the game but Brady will not hesitate to check to runs and grind if they're moving the sticks. He always takes what's there.

hoosier
01-23-2021, 08:36 PM
0-3 leads to 0-6.

Every time Rodgers/Packers have lost to a team in Regular season, they then lost to them in conference championship.

Not true. They lost @ Chi in 2010 regular season.

KYPack
01-23-2021, 08:37 PM
Goddamn. Everyone is getting their game faces on. These are some great posts. I was getting ready to tell GBB to shut the fuck up and quit making 6 one line posts in a row. Then I was going to post in this thread. Don't have to. Everybody is doing it for me.

Man, I'm so nervous for this game, it ain't funny.

texaspackerbacker
01-23-2021, 09:27 PM

How about Jim Marshall, the guy who picked up a fumble and ran 70 yards to the wrong endzone? hahahaha

scharpcheddar
01-24-2021, 12:38 AM
Not true. They lost @ Chi in 2010 regular season.

Yes, 3 times Since 2010 SB year. Pay attention

Jaire
01-24-2021, 02:59 AM
Has Tampa ever won in Lambeau?

Maybe once.

This is a long shot for the Bucs. If GB doesn't turn it over, they win. That easy. Fewest turnovers ------->>> SB. And the Pack have the fewest thus season. They are ready for this.

Joemailman
01-24-2021, 08:47 AM
Has Tampa ever won in Lambeau?

Maybe once.

This is a long shot for the Bucs. If GB doesn't turn it over, they win. That easy. Fewest turnovers ------->>> SB. And the Pack have the fewest thus season. They are ready for this.

By my count, Packers are 20-7 against Bucs at Lambeau. Most of Bucs wins came in 1980's though. Packers have dominated in Favre/Rodgers era. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=gnb&tm2=tam&yr=all

MadtownPacker
01-24-2021, 08:59 AM
Yes, 3 times Since 2010 SB year. Pay attentionhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/B8rOUw1NAJ70L1AXWA/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525af4d560714785731f0ecf90de68 268a70c48247&rid=giphy.gif

bobblehead
01-24-2021, 09:04 AM
Feels like the Packers have started fast in nearly every game and most opening possessions.

In this type of game - you want to set the tone early.

Offensive keys seem pretty basic: protect Arodg, play a clean game and win ToP. Be prepared for heavy zone and have a quick insert adjustment if they play contrarian.

Defensively: TB’s red zone has dried up in last 3 weeks (38%) - so we’ll see if Packers can keep that going, pressure Brady (he was only sacked once vs the Saints and Zero times in our first matchup).

Championship games also have that weird X factor play. Stuff happens you just don’t see in other playoff or reg season games. Coaches need to have the team ready to get over weird plays, weird calls and just focus the Offense on hanging 30+. If our Defense can’t keep Brady/Jones and co to under 30, they don’t deserve the chance for the trophy anyway.

I think GB will lead by 3 at the half and enter the 4th Q behind but will pull ahead mid 4th Q and lean on Jones/Dillon to take it home.

Let’s fucking go!

Pack 30
Bucs 24

Interesting final score. I have said to friends the keys are GB scoring 30 and or holding TB to 24 or less. Either one should lead to a win. What we can't have is GB scoring 24 or less. We likely lose that scenario. Of course if our D turns into a sieve and we give up 30+ we also are likely to lose.

bobblehead
01-24-2021, 09:11 AM
Bobble, I respect your opinions, but you'd be hard pressed to say the game has not changed. The rules have changed drastically over the past fifty years to favor offenses. Especially pass offenses. If you look at the run-pass ratios of the 70's they're much higher than now. It didn't pay to pass when defensive players could almost literally take a receiver's head off, or could put sticky all over their gloves, and QB's could get slammed to the ground.

It's not that running games disappeared, it's that offenses became more efficient in passing. Completion percentages today are ridiculous compared to even the 80's or 90's, much less the 70's. Mike Holmgren famously used a short passing game as a substitute for running. If Edgar Benett had fifteen carries for 60 yards, that was a solid Packer running game when Holmgren was coaching.

I don't think those numbers will fly on Sunday for Aaron Jones. It has morphed back toward running - which I love - and which I'd like to see the Packers do. Unless, of course, TB stacks the box to stop the run. Then you pass on them, of course.

I agree with many of your points. Yes, the rule changes really changed the game. Also the ratios have tilted more towards a higher pass %. However, I am not quite old enough to have been a big fan in the 70s so I'm going say mid 80s onwards. Thats 35+ years of football. In that time you have always needed to run the ball effectively and that never changed. If I concede a point its that passing became much more successful as rules changed. Did teams get that much better at it? Meh, I think the rules made them better and thus led to more success.

That being said, I stand by my point. Teams haven't won the Owl without being able to do both. Passing isn't MORE important than running effectively. When the playoffs come around the refs swallow the whistle (see spearing play that changed the course of KC/Clev game) Today TB will be holding our WR. Interference won't be called as liberally. We will need to run effectively to win. For all the accolades Brady is given, without a good run game for the last 2 decades he would be just another really good QB.

bobblehead
01-24-2021, 09:17 AM
0-3 leads to 0-6.

I am too lazy to look it up, but it seems to me that many of those 3 we had to go to their house and lose, then that was the tie breaker or the difference in record so we had to go to their house in the NFCC game as well. I used to get pissed we had to constantly go TO dallas and SF. Wasn't it something like 30 years between the ice bowl and when Dallas came back TO GB?

Jaire
01-24-2021, 09:19 AM
By my count, Packers are 20-7 against Bucs at Lambeau. Most of Bucs wins came in 1980's though. Packers have dominated in Favre/Rodgers era. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=gnb&tm2=tam&yr=all

Thanks.

One loss in 2005 since 1990 (when I started watching). That's what I thought. I lived in TX that year and didn't follow. The Pack's worst season in 30 years (4-12).

bobblehead
01-24-2021, 09:22 AM
Yes, 3 times Since 2010 SB year. Pay attention

0-3 leads to 0-6.

You clearly said EVERY time and made no such "since 2010" reference. So in conclusion, getting snarky and telling someone to "pay attention" when you didn't even pay attention to your own post makes you...... Ok, just going to leave it at that.

Jaire
01-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Good little write up on matchups.

I haven't read much. I agree that Vita Vea is the big key. He's gonna wreck the game plan if he's a full go. TOs will decide it. White has a few observations I didn't know about, esp regarding Brady (since I haven't watched the Bucs at all.)

I think our pass rush can get to Brady. We can crush the pocket better than any squad I remember since the 90s.

https://t.co/Egja1D9WVE?amp=1

Fritz
01-24-2021, 09:59 AM
If the Bucs do play as aggressively as it appears they will, MVS may be key. A couple of bombs to him (that he catches) would get them to back off a bit.

I'm not happy that after getting thrashed last year in SF, The Flower could do no better in the NFC Cahmpionship game. I hope he's gained some experience and plans better for this round two game.

But this one's at Lambeau, and that's good. I do wish the fans could pack the place, though.

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 11:19 AM
I've been impressed with the refs staying out of the playoff games. Weird to see such a legitimate tourney. Now it's a matter of staying true to that for two more games.

Hope we win the turnover battle. Hope 12 learned how to play this D from week six. Hope our D has a solid game. Hope the temps drop. Oh man, this is an exciting game! Can't wait

Joemailman
01-24-2021, 11:42 AM
Gonna be close to 30 degrees. Might even see some sun during the game. Sunny in Wausau right now. Looks like wind should be 5-10 MPH out of west.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 11:46 AM
https://youtu.be/BTn_7to1x30

Bossman641
01-24-2021, 12:12 PM
Offensively, use the same plan as last week. Run it between the guards and take a few deep shots off play action.

Defensively, for the love of God please don't play soft or only rush 3. Brady has made a career out of taking the short stuff to TE's and RB's, and I don't mean that as an insult. He'll throw to Fournette and Brate all day.

Winfield currently a game time decision. His loss would be big

Fritz
01-24-2021, 12:15 PM
I'm with Bossman on the game plan.

You play soft defense and you're doing Brady a favor. He'll dink and dunk all the way down the field, he won't make mistakes, and the next thing you know Tampa's had the ball for eight minutes and scored a TD.

I'm nervous about this one. I hope the Packers bring their A game. I'll never forget watching the 2016 season NFC Championship game, and my heart sinking as I realized that Green Bay was playing a lousy game, and they really couldn't match up, talent-wise.

I think this year's team is as talented as any we've seen around here since 2014, but I hope they don't drop another clunker on us like they did last year, or this year down in Tampa.

Bossman641
01-24-2021, 12:19 PM
To me, the feeling is completely different this year. The confidence level going to SF was very low. Packers needed the breaks to have a chance. This year they just need to play their game.

scharpcheddar
01-24-2021, 12:30 PM
You clearly said EVERY time and made no such "since 2010" reference. So in conclusion, getting snarky and telling someone to "pay attention" when you didn't even pay attention to your own post makes you...... Ok, just going to leave it at that.

Every time since 2010. Happy now?!

Regardless. It's been a long time since 2010 and they never broke the pattern. Rodgers has also lost to Arians coached teams, 3 times. Two of those were blow outs.

Do I sound like not a Packers fan? I am a Packers fan! I hate Brady lol.
But I'm impartial when looking up stats, facts, details, trends and esoteric meaning

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 12:48 PM
King active. Hopefully brady spent last night looking at replacement tendencies and not planning to beat king

Fritz
01-24-2021, 12:54 PM
King active. Hopefully brady spent last night looking at replacement tendencies and not planning to beat king

I thought Vernon Scott had been playing well. Interesting he's not active.

Glad King is active.

Interesting that they don't have Antonio Winfield, either.

This should be a good one.

Fritz
01-24-2021, 12:54 PM
Inacitves:

10 QB Jordan Love
29 CB Ka'dar Hollman
36 S Vernon Scott
37 CB Josh Jackson
53 LB Jonathan Garvin
87 TE Jace Sternberger
96 DL Kingsley Keke

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

82 TE Antony Auclair
81 WR Antonio Brown
94 DL Khalil Davis
4 QB Ryan Griffin
95 DL Jeremiah Ledbetter
30 RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn
31 S Antoine Winfield, Jr.

Joemailman
01-24-2021, 01:16 PM
Inacitves:

10 QB Jordan Love
29 CB Ka'dar Hollman
36 S Vernon Scott
37 CB Josh Jackson
53 LB Jonathan Garvin
87 TE Jace Sternberger
96 DL Kingsley Keke

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

82 TE Antony Auclair
81 WR Antonio Brown
94 DL Khalil Davis
4 QB Ryan Griffin
95 DL Jeremiah Ledbetter
30 RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn
31 S Antoine Winfield, Jr.

Bucs not having Winfield is significant.

George Cumby
01-24-2021, 01:29 PM
How are they going to cover Gronk?

MadtownPacker
01-24-2021, 01:33 PM
Why they clean up the snow?

George Cumby
01-24-2021, 01:35 PM
Where's the gameday thread you lazy beaner?