PDA

View Full Version : Career trajectories of Gary and Savage

RashanGary
01-23-2021, 05:46 PM
280-pound athletes are harder to find than 200 pound athletes so you can see why one went earlier than the other.

But both guys are coming on. That 2019 draft looks to have a probowl safety and a possibly up and coming elite pass rusher and edge setter.

2.5 sacks
5.0 sacks
2021??? 10 maybe and then 10 for 7 more years? Gary looks to be that kind of player.

And savage looks to be multi pro bowler with potential to be Packer HOF level player.

Nice start of the 2019 draft for gooter

RashanGary
01-23-2021, 05:50 PM
Reminds me a bit of 2009 draft where the premium pick was on a solid 330 pound guy and the lesser pick on a pro bowl 250 pounder. You take size before all else is sort of a motto of the Ted tree.

Raji solid big guy
Matthew’s elite smaller guy

Gary solid big guy
Savage elite smaller guy

RashanGary
01-23-2021, 06:11 PM
Gary has like a 50% chance of averaging 6 sacks a season for the next 10 years and being a really good run player
He has like a 25% chance of making a couple pro bowls
I still see like a 20% chance of being a Packer HOF level player and pushing for Matthews sack record
And he even has a 5% chance of being a HOFer with his athletic potential still so high that he might reach his full potential

His floor is solid and ceiling is still the sky. Most likely is one probowl and otherwise Preston level solid but more like Z.

Upnorth
01-23-2021, 06:15 PM
If gary plays at 75% of what he has done the last 5 games for a season he us a sure fire probowler. He is getting more pressure per snap than anyone else in the league. You may have him to low rg.

Jaire
01-23-2021, 07:40 PM
We'll see what they can do in a year or two.

But Jaire and Jenkins are already there.

If all four hit their ceiling, they would be better than any combination of 4 picks that TT or Wolf made in their tenures (outside QB of course).

texaspackerbacker
01-23-2021, 08:49 PM
Gary has like a 50% chance of averaging 6 sacks a season for the next 10 years and being a really good run player
He has like a 25% chance of making a couple pro bowls
I still see like a 20% chance of being a Packer HOF level player and pushing for Matthews sack record
And he even has a 5% chance of being a HOFer with his athletic potential still so high that he might reach his full potential

His floor is solid and ceiling is still the sky. Most likely is one probowl and otherwise Preston level solid but more like Z.

Your percentages here seem contradictory to your first post of the thread - less optimistic. Maybe he'll miss most of the Pro Bowls because we are in the Super Bowl.

Tony Oday
01-24-2021, 12:50 AM
Gary will be HOF

Jaire
01-24-2021, 08:15 AM
Gary will be HOF

Love your optimism. He can be. I like him better than CMIII already to be honest. This D can just collapse the pocket better than any I remember since the 90s.

And that's how you beat (most) good QBs.

Bossman641
01-24-2021, 11:22 AM
If Gary continues on his current trajectory the sky is the limit for him. Over the past 5-6 games he either has the best or second best pressure percentage in the league, Donald being the other.