PDA

View Full Version : 2021 predict the offseason thread

Pages : [1] 2

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 07:09 PM
Jones gone (Dillon and Willams ok)
King gone (never figured it out. Top draft need)
Preston gone (Gary improves)
Kirksey gone (youth takes over)

Wagner kept

Williams resigned 4 years 24M

On offense, Tonyan, Lazard, MVS and Dillon improve enough to offset Jones’ loss.

On defense the young linebackers improve and the secondary takes a step back with King gone. About equal to this year's D but a little different

We can still keep Davante and Jaire with the money we have. And probably Lazard had Tonyan too.

Bretsky
01-24-2021, 07:19 PM
Is Wagner cheap ? He was bad today

RashanGary
01-24-2021, 07:21 PM

For tackles, 6M is cheap

George Cumby
01-24-2021, 07:23 PM
Pettine gone.
New punter brought in.
New Special Teams Coach.

Jaire
01-24-2021, 08:09 PM
That reminds me another thing.

They didn't let MLF get the special teams coach he wanted

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 08:39 PM
You can’t do the same and expect a different result!!!!!!

I don’t really think Rodgers can play any better then he did this year. I think Adams is at his top level too. The K-Mart crew is maxed out as well. Need some new talented blood to get over the hump!!!

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 08:49 PM
We all watched “The Little Pipe Dream Fairy Tale” with Gute’s big genius plan and it didn’t work!! Time to face the Fucken music and go do this thing the right way. Quit with these little Mickey Mouse Games!!!!

smuggler
01-24-2021, 09:08 PM
Williams resigned 4 years 24M

Fuck no.

Brandon, get help. You're not healthy mentally.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 09:09 PM
Fuck no.

I agree. Let both Jones and Williams go.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 09:12 PM

Wagner is probably bye bye too.

MJZiggy
01-24-2021, 09:14 PM
After last offseason, I won't be surprised if they take a punter in the first round.:roll:

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 10:34 PM
Fuck no.

Brandon, get help. You're not healthy mentally.

I don’t know how much more I could of “Mentally” and “Clearly” predicted this Gute Fairy Tale!!!! Sorry it ended! I played along the best I could!!

To each his own!!

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 10:50 PM
I got blasted weekly and sometimes daily for simply giving a perspective that I believed in because I wanted this team to be GREAT and achieve “GREATNESS IN MOTION!!

I was right and it’s no big deal. I don’t care about being right. I care about the Packers winning a Championship and Restoring Glory to the City of Green Bay. Truly making it “TitleTown” again!! That’s why i care. Because I’m a Packer. I was born in this city!! It means something to me. The teachings of Vince mean something to me. Not this bullshit that is going on now with Murphy and Gute!!

Yet i get called “Insane” when I hear so much Insane shit on here like paying RB’s 100 million dollars and drafting another Fucken corner in the 1st round for umteenth time that it’s just unbelievable! The opportunities wasted by this organization and people in charge is one of the biggest i have ever witnessed and it just goes on and on and on. Yet the fans say they own the team?

It really baffles me sometimes. I think the fans have more power then they think but they just don’t know how to use it which is sad. Somewhere they accepted less then Greatness which is a shame cause we had greatness right in our hands and just let it go!!

Very very very sad!!

call_me_ishmael
01-24-2021, 11:01 PM
You get blasted because you're annoying as shit and ruin every thread w/ your spamming. Thank god you're blocked. You don't offer any unique insights besides "they'd be better if they added more talent" well not shit Sherlock lol. I tend to be a pretty tolerant person but your spamming and posting 5x in a row is just annoying.

As for the off-season, I think the Packers have a lot of be optimistic about.

- It wouldn't surprise me if Corey Linsley resigns on a short term deal. The "why" on that is because the cap is going down and not a lot of teams have money available. Are they really going to spend their limited budget on a center?

- Packers will look to add an OT in the draft. Probably two with the hope one becomes a solid starter. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the first five picks were 2 OT, 2 CB, 1 WR.

- Packers will probably resign Corey Williams. He will be cheap since he's destined to a career backup. I think he has a unique value add to our team that he may not to other football clubs. I believe that he and Highland make a pretty good pair. Packers can add a scatback in the draft.

- Crosby, Wagner, Lowry, Kirksy will be restructured or cut. No big loss aside from Crosby.

- Rodgers, Zadarius, and Bahktiari will restructure deals to make room. Adam's will be extended.

MadtownPacker
01-24-2021, 11:04 PM
Wow you predicted the Packers wouldn’t win the super bowl? You just want to bitch and moan regardless. Crying too much like it really affects you.

GB-Brandon
01-24-2021, 11:28 PM
Wow you predicted the Packers wouldn’t win the super bowl? You just want to bitch and moan regardless. Crying too much like it really affects you.

I’m hoping this blow will move the organization to do what is necessary. I have a lot vested in this personally. More then I can share. I was going to sell my house by Lambeau . I’m going to give it one more offseason. That’s all I need to see.

As far as predicted: I have hundreds of posts out there regarding Pettine that started immediately after the NINER game that led up to this game. I think the posts are pretty clear how I feel.

I have thousands of posts about getting Rodgers and the Offense the missing piece to beat certain defenses that we could play in the playoffs which we did today.

I have many many posts that these things could and probably would get in the way of a World Championship.

Once again I’m hoping these things can finally be addressed this offseason or i can’t do this anymore.

th87
01-25-2021, 05:33 AM
If Rodgers is truly serious about titles, he can take a paycut a'la Brady to fit more players in. Already has more money than he can spend and no family.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-25-2021, 07:35 AM
When should we expect changes to start happening? I could see the DC thing happening relatively soon aka 'black monday'..

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 07:53 AM
When should we expect changes to start happening? I could see the DC thing happening relatively soon aka 'black monday'..

The first thing that happens is the coaches conduct exit interviews with players. Then I would imagine MLF, Gute and Mirphy get together.

RashanGary
01-25-2021, 10:09 AM
If Rodgers is truly serious about titles, he can take a paycut a'la Brady to fit more players in. Already has more money than he can spend and no family.

Yes! Go from 38 to 28 and the cap becomes a lot more manageable. He's in a position to open his own window.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:16 AM
Why would Rodgers trust the Packers to take a pay cut? Like seriously? They haven’t done one thing to help him or give him a legitimate weapon since Adams and that was under Thompson. That layer of trust has already been broken with the Jordan Love pick!! Like the Packers would really do anything with the $ anyways other then use it for their own Titletown expansion.

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 10:18 AM
On the bright side, if the Packers intended to re-sign Kevin King, he just became more affordable.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:19 AM
It was after a loss but Rodgers didn’t sound like a player getting ready “To take a pay cut.” In fact he brought up question with his own future with the Packers even next season!!!

RashanGary
01-25-2021, 10:24 AM
Rodgers salary is part of the problem next season. Love must be coming on for 12 to sound so uncertain.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:24 AM
On the bright side, if the Packers intended to re-sign Kevin King, he just became more affordable.

He will be much cheaper and at the right cost I say bring him back. He is not a bad “Boundary Corner” and if used properly would be okay in the right system. It will be much harder replacing him in the draft with a rookie.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:27 AM
Rodgers salary is part of the problem next season. Love must be coming on for 12 to sound so uncertain.

Rodgers was also the League MVP so not certain how many wins that counts for but it’s many. Not sure how much better you can allocate that $ and throw a QB out there that couldn’t even make the active roster this year!!!

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 10:31 AM
He will be much cheaper and at the right cost I say bring him back. He is not a bad “Boundary Corner” and if used properly would be okay in the right system. It will be much harder replacing him in the draft with a rookie.

King might have become the new Bostick though. It might be best for both sides to move on. Kind of like when they let Ty Montgomery go a few years ago.

Joemailman
01-25-2021, 10:36 AM

The only way Rodgers is going anywhere now is if he demands a trade. Packers would only gain about 5 million in salary cap space by moving him. After 2021 could be different though. At that point Packers would gain about 22 million in salary cap space. If Love lights it up in training camp and preseason, you never know.

call_me_ishmael
01-25-2021, 10:36 AM

I think there are at least 25 other teams that would line-up and happily take Rodgers at what he is paid. I don't think he is overpaid at all relative to his peers anymore.

I interpreted Rodgers comments as he's not sure if he wants to play for the Packers if they're going to rebuild. I predict that if he wants to go, the Packers will let him go as sad as that is.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 11:05 AM
The only way Rodgers is going anywhere now is if he demands a trade. Packers would only gain about 5 million in salary cap space by moving him. After 2021 could be different though. At that point Packers would gain about 22 million in salary cap space. If Love lights it up in training camp and preseason, you never know.

That’s where his comments and many and me personally believe this is going. I’m hearing it is sensitive. I think we have seen Rodgers playing this whole thing perfectly saying all the right things and letting his play speak for itself which does help the Packers in trade value. We have seen Rodgers get emotional several times regarding certain things this season and many comments. The ear to the street says he is going to try to navigate his way out of here!! He wants a better situation for himself!!

Anti-Polar Bear
01-25-2021, 11:59 AM
Fucking Packers NEED upgrades at #2 corner (King sucks!) #3 corner (O'Sullivan sucks!), Mike (I ain’t get the hard ons for Holmes, Wade, or whatever 51’s name is; 51 can’t cover!), #2 WR and #1 punter.

Upnorth
01-25-2021, 08:24 PM
If I'm drafting for need CB is the #1 need on this team. I'm ok with rd 1 and 2 going to cb. After that it's dl ilb or ot.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 08:41 PM
Yes! Go from 38 to 28 and the cap becomes a lot more manageable. He's in a position to open his own window.

He isn’t taking a pay cut and trusting this Oligarchy that has already stuck a knife in his back!! Would you? They don’t even value his opinion on who he wants as his QB coach or what he desires really in anything!! It’s not that type of set up or situation!

Show me or explain to me how that could work with these ruthless assholes?

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 08:55 PM
They won’t even get rid of Mike Pettine and you want Aaron Rodgers to take a Pay Cut? LOL!!!! You just can’t write this stuff!!!!!

The only thing Aaron Rodgers is going to be doing after NOTHING CHANGES is asking to be Traded the Hell Out Of Here!!!

Rodgers is finally completely fried and defeated with this entire Piece Of Shit Front Office. He has no more answers anymore!!!

Upnorth
01-25-2021, 09:03 PM
One thing I am pleasantly suprised with was our wr/te group. I remember being so convinced we had to get a wr in the first round. Well I have to admit I was wrong. In the end we needed to draft a CB in the first round. And the second round.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 09:06 PM
When has a GM ever lost control over a League MVP? What a Fucken Epic Disaster!!! I tried to tell everyone but nobody wanted to listen!!!!

You laughed at the “Rebuild” too!!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 09:07 PM
If I'm drafting for need CB is the #1 need on this team. I'm ok with rd 1 and 2 going to cb. After that it's dl ilb or ot.

Mine as well. The Re-build starts!!

Bretsky
01-25-2021, 09:11 PM
I got blasted weekly and sometimes daily for simply giving a perspective that I believed in because I wanted this team to be GREAT and achieve “GREATNESS IN MOTION!!

I was right and it’s no big deal.

Very very very sad!!

You are not blasted for your message; you're blasted because you come across as an arrogant know it all who discounts every point but your own. Often I agree with your message; but your delivery is faulty to put it as kind as I can. Well, unless you really want to be blasted all the time.

And I don't consider you right at all to be honest.

All season you ranted and raved about the shortcomings. To buy into your message would lead me believe the Packers would be fortunate to even make the playoffs, and if lucky enough to get there, they would have no prayer. And that was not right.

The Packers grossly overachieved the gloom and doom picture you painted.

The bottom line is, they almost made the Super Bowl without the #2 WR I've been calling for long before you began your rants (with a different delivery). And that was far better then any picture you painted the entire season.

Upnorth
01-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Beautiful thing about being a packer fan is we have one of the best rosters in the league. We will cut p smith but still have z and Gary. Jones gone but have dillion. Williams I don't know if we can afford. Wr room is set. At te we can lose Lewis and still look great.
Dl is decent, Losing Adams is like losing a bag of nothing. Ilb Kirksey is replaceable. Saftey is golden.
CB is our big glaring weakness. Again. Sigh.

Bretsky
01-25-2021, 09:16 PM

BROKEN RECORD TIME; he's always go down as the motherload of all F'ck ups by passing on TJ Watt for this guy
BUT

he's not a bad #2 CB. He was working through the injury all week and most thought he was not going to be healthy enough to play

he gave it a go; even at 75 percennt he's probably better than next man up

But to me clearly he was playing not up to speed. Shame on Pettine for not giving him some support more consistently

Bretsky
01-25-2021, 09:17 PM
One thing I am pleasantly suprised with was our wr/te group. I remember being so convinced we had to get a wr in the first round. Well I have to admit I was wrong. In the end we needed to draft a CB in the first round. And the second round.

I don't know

There were a lot of times Rodgers sat back there yesterday thinking where the hell am I supposed to throw.

Upnorth
01-25-2021, 09:20 PM
BROKEN RECORD TIME; he's always go down as the motherload of all F'ck ups by passing on TJ Watt for this guy
BUT

he's not a bad #2 CB. He was working through the injury all week and most thought he was not going to be healthy enough to play

he gave it a go; even at 75 percennt he's probably better than next man up

But to me clearly he was playing not up to speed. Shame on Pettine for not giving him some support more consistently

If that is true then pettine cost us a shot at the Superbowl. Even if it iis true on a go forward basis CB is still our biggest need as King is always injured.
Still dam proud of this team and season. Everyone predicted regression. I was convinced we would be 11-5 and a first round loss. Instead we were 13-3 and in every game of the season except week 6 including the playoffs. That is a great season.

Go pack go.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 09:32 PM
You are not blasted for your message; you're blasted because you come across as an arrogant know it all who discounts every point but your own. Often I agree with your message; but your delivery is faulty to put it as kind as I can. Well, unless you really want to be blasted all the time.

And I don't consider you right at all to be honest.

All season you ranted and raved about the shortcomings. To buy into your message would lead me believe the Packers would be fortunate to even make the playoffs, and if lucky enough to get there, they would have no prayer. And that was not right.

The Packers grossly overachieved the gloom and doom picture you painted.

The bottom line is, they almost made the Super Bowl without the #2 WR I've been calling for long before you began your rants (with a different delivery). And that was far better then any picture you painted the entire season.

In the end it doesn’t matter!! I’m not here to predict Fucken win totals Dude!! 10-6 or 13-3. Whatever!!! Who cares!! The team came short for reasons I described and you and some and others as well. The bottom line is the choices made and in some cases the choices not made by Gute and the front office that affected this team and certainly Rodgers in mind set where everything would be second guessed with failure after what we saw yesterday. We saw several areas where an extra FA and that 1st and 4th draft pick could of helped us. You can deny that failure or you can ACCEPT it and HAVE SOME ACCOUNTABILITY AND MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES!!!! The Packers won’t!!!

All of this could very easily push Rodgers right out the door. So yea. Everything I have been posting about has been very much on point. Now that the season is over we will get see a different side of Rodgers and more of the actual truth. The truth that we already knew that he hated the Fucken pick. He wasn’t Fucken happy with our overall WR talent and he is probably pretty Fucken tired with having a lame ass defense too!!

I think I have been very consistent with my thoughts and this all blowing up and being an “Unhappy Ending”

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 09:35 PM
It’s like I still had to root for them and hoped that I was wrong but I Fucken Wasn’t!!!!

Bretsky
01-25-2021, 09:38 PM
If that is true then pettine cost us a shot at the Superbowl. Even if it iis true on a go forward basis CB is still our biggest need as King is always injured.
Still dam proud of this team and season. Everyone predicted regression. I was convinced we would be 11-5 and a first round loss. Instead we were 13-3 and in every game of the season except week 6 including the playoffs. That is a great season.

Go pack go.

They were discussing this on the radio today ; dude had some back issues going on that affected his play iMO

And I'm no Kevin King apologist; I didn't even want to draft the guy :))

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 09:39 PM
These people on here told me our receivers were good enough!!!! No, They were not!!!

Go fuck around with another UDFA and Jordan Love!!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 09:54 PM
You people can believe whoever you want. Rob Demovsky, Bleacher Report, Aaron Nagler, Packer Radio.

Rodgers is done with this shit!!

Bretsky
01-25-2021, 10:17 PM
These people on here told me our receivers were good enough!!!! No, They were not!!!

Go fuck around with another UDFA and Jordan Love!!!

Which post are you referring to ?

From other threads..... , or are you in a dark room screaming at yourself and posting thoughts ?

And you wonder why some blast you ?

Bretsky
01-25-2021, 10:19 PM
You people can believe whoever you want. Rob Demovsky, Bleacher Report, Aaron Nagler, Packer Radio.

Rodgers is done with this shit!!

Rather than making generalizations, are you specifically stating Rodgers is going to demmand a trade seeing he's done with this shit ?

It's a captain obvious comment to the entire universe that he could not have liked the Love Machine Selection. Heck, while some defended the pick some, I don't know of anybody who liked it.

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:36 PM
Which post are you referring to ?

From other threads..... , or are you in a dark room screaming at yourself and posting thoughts ?

And you wonder why some blast you ?

There are too many posts to count that i’m “referring too”. I’d have to literally start a whole thread!!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:46 PM
Rather than making generalizations, are you specifically stating Rodgers is going to demmand a trade seeing he's done with this shit ?

It's a captain obvious comment to the entire universe that he could not have liked the Love Machine Selection. Heck, while some defended the pick some, I don't know of anybody who liked it.

The “Love Pick” is really just the cherry on top of several years of failure to support him correctly. What your seeing now is just an exhaustion from Rodgers after trying overcome it all and win a Super Bowl in spite of the “Love Pick” Etc Etc with MVP Play!! Rodgers has the national media on his side and has proven he can still play. He has nothing left to prove in Green Bay. Green Bay for him is a “Dead End Street” at this point!! He played his cards perfectly. He can refocus and force his way out now and get in a better situation for himself which he well deserves.

He will not be back here. The Packers won’t bend and are heading into a rebuild!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:48 PM
This will also mean Adams will not re-sign an extension with the Packers either!! So you can forget that. He will probably go team up with Rodgers in DC in 2022!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 10:53 PM
Most of this was talked about by “Wist” and myself around draft time but once again we were called “Crazy” & “Insane” & a bunch of other stuff!!!

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 11:01 PM
They Fucken took the ball out of his hands on 4th and goal at the 8 yard line to potentially tie the game!! To your “League MVP” Franchise QB!! Rodgers makes those plays in that situation all the time!!

It’s a Fucken Disgrace!! You play 16 games and a playoff game and it all comes down to that and you defer Rodgers a chance at the 8 yard line to let Kevin King save the day? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Come up with one good reason why he would want to come back and trust these Idiots?

GB-Brandon
01-25-2021, 11:12 PM
Gute better put on his little “Fancy Pants” and do something and not just some sign some burned out FA receiver!!!! Rodgers played along nicely with this whole thing and took the high road with it but he isn’t going to be duped again by this Pathetic Fraudster GM!!!

Believe That!!

Bretsky
01-26-2021, 12:18 AM
The “Love Pick” is really just the cherry on top of several years of failure to support him correctly. What your seeing now is just an exhaustion from Rodgers after trying overcome it all and win a Super Bowl in spite of the “Love Pick” Etc Etc with MVP Play!! Rodgers has the national media on his side and has proven he can still play. He has nothing left to prove in Green Bay. Green Bay for him is a “Dead End Street” at this point!! He played his cards perfectly. He can refocus and force his way out now and get in a better situation for himself which he well deserves.

He will not be back here. The Packers won’t bend and are heading into a rebuild!!

OK, NOTED.............NOW WE HAVE A SOLID PREDICATION NOTED and one you can take credit for if he doesn't not play another game as a Packer

Bretsky
01-26-2021, 12:19 AM
They Fucken took the ball out of his hands on 4th and goal at the 8 yard line to potentially tie the game!! To your “League MVP” Franchise QB!! Rodgers makes those plays in that situation all the time!!

It’s a Fucken Disgrace!! You play 16 games and a playoff game and it all comes down to that and you defer Rodgers a chance at the 8 yard line to let Kevin King save the day? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Come up with one good reason why he would want to come back and trust these Idiots?

They almost went to the Super Bowl ?

Bretsky
01-26-2021, 12:20 AM
Gute better put on his little “Fancy Pants” and do something and not just some sign some burned out FA receiver!!!! Rodgers played along nicely with this whole thing and took the high road with it but he isn’t going to be duped again by this Pathetic Fraudster GM!!!

Believe That!!

According to your prediction it won't matter as Rodgers ain't coming back

And I'm on board with being up Schitts Creek next year if your prediction is correct and Love is our QB

Teamcheez1
01-26-2021, 06:06 AM
Over on PFT they have an article that sources say Rodgers wants a new contract. I don’t think he is interested in taking a pay cut. It sounds like he wants even a bigger slice of the pie. He also may be trying to force the Packers to show their hand in regards to long range plans.

smuggler
01-26-2021, 06:14 AM
Not a good year to want a new contract, but if he does want an extension it's probably more about commitment than money. Hard to blame him, especially with the former.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-26-2021, 06:35 AM

Money...

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-26-2021, 06:39 AM
Yeah, why would you really want more money, when you have more money than you can spend in one lifetime, unless it is an ego thing? Maybe he wants to be the highest paid quarterback next year? Hard to tell what is in another persons head, but I have enjoyed watching him if he goes. At first, I always thought Favre was more exciting to watch, but have come to like Rodgers masterful execution...

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-26-2021, 06:46 AM

Believe That!!

So I am guessing you are not that old. You seem to have the arrogance of youth, and the belief that nobody should have a different opinion than yourself. I guess my recommendation is this is JUST a sports message board, it is ok to debate differences of opinions with other fans, but in the grand scheme of things, why would you try to rub anybody's face in it when you are right or wrong?

MadtownPacker
01-26-2021, 07:40 AM
Great post Oldie!

Brandon should take your words to hearts.

Zool
01-26-2021, 08:14 AM
So I am guessing you are not that old. You seem to have the arrogance of youth, and the belief that nobody should have a different opinion than yourself. I guess my recommendation is this is JUST a sports message board, it is ok to debate differences of opinions with other fans, but in the grand scheme of things, why would you try to rub anybody's face in it when you are right or wrong?

Because he's wrong so often? This is what that annoying kid from your childhood grew up to be.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 11:02 AM
Money...

Good Call!!!

That’s probably how it’s actually gonna start!!! Rodgers will ask the Packers for more $ this offseason which he deserves!! Pay Up Gute!!!

“Pay me or Trade me”

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 11:16 AM
Rodgers is going to force the hand and re-take the “Power Position” in this relationship(which he should) or he is going to push his way out of here. He is going to either get the Packers to re-commit to providing Championship Caliber Support to him or he will push his way out here. He will no longer be part of “Half Measured attempts” to win Super Bowls for the Green Bay Packers.

Gute will not budge which means Rodgers is done in Green Bay!!!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 11:26 AM
God Bless Aaron Rodgers. They should actually build two statues of him in front of Lambeau!!!

Joemailman
01-26-2021, 11:40 AM
Players cap hits and how much salary cap room can be saved by moving them:

Aaron Rodgers - 37M/5.5M

Zadarius Smith - 22M/12M

Davante Adams - 17M/13M

Preston Smith - 16M/8M

Adrian Amos - 10.3M/4.3M

Billy Turner - 8.4M/3.9M

Dean Lowry - 6.3M/3.3M

Rick Wagner - 6M/4.2M

Christian Kirksey - 7.6M/5.6M

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 11:54 AM
They can save significantly more if Rodgers is traded after June 1st. The trade will most likely happen verbally with intent and be finalized after that June 1st date.

George Cumby
01-26-2021, 12:06 PM
Can we just STFU about the idiocy of trading/releasing Rodgers?

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 12:14 PM

Gute would never just release/trade Rodgers this offseason but Rodgers not wanting to come back and forcing the issue is very real so that is what is being talked about. Rodgers comments after the game were viewed by some as a “Good Bye To Green Bay.” Now part of that could just be emotion after a loss but nobody can deny the fact that the Packers haven’t done exactly what a MVP QB would want in regards to giving him the best chance to win. Then on top of that LaFluer took the ball out of his hands late in the game with a chance to tie the game.

While Rodgers is under contract it is 2021 and he can very easily push the envelope and push his way out of Green Bay if that is indeed what he wants to do. The man CLEARLY SAID “He needs some time to think about things” when asked about future with the Packers and also added “His Future with the team is uncertain”

So you take that for what it is!!!

I’ve never known Rodgers to say things he did not mean. I have also heard certain things myself. It is my opinion Rodgers won’t be here because Gute is a Punk!

King Friday
01-26-2021, 12:37 PM
Rodgers is not going to retire. Forget about that. I love how everyone wants to figure out his "meaning" in an interview fresh off a devastating loss. The guy wants a few weeks off. Is it too much to ask?

What Rodgers will contemplate is how much he wants to put the front office on blast.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 12:47 PM
Rodgers is not going to retire. Forget about that. I love how everyone wants to figure out his "meaning" in an interview fresh off a devastating loss. The guy wants a few weeks off. Is it too much to ask?

What Rodgers will contemplate is how much he wants to put the front office on blast.

I agree about the loss having some merit on what and how things were said but I also believe it was well planned out. Rodgers went into that game knowing a loss was possible!! Every word he said was pre-orchestrated more towards the Front Office to set up the narrative moving forward as I posted which is basically you do this and that or Get me the Hell out of here!! He just had an MVP season and won’t be able to mentally wrap his mind and mentally prepare with that being enough going into next season with same old same old!

I don’t believe Gute/Murphy will buckle in what will be a Power Struggle which will turn into Rodgers then asking for more $ if your not gonna help me!

TravisWilliams23
01-26-2021, 12:48 PM
All season long Rodgers spoke about how much he loves this years teammates. I didn't think he was blowing smoke up anyone's ass. He sounded sincere. It's understandable how "gutted" he felt after the loss. He and LeFleur will talk this offseason and probably be OK. Now if I'm Lafleur and Murphy really put the kabash on letting him have his own DC, here's where the SHTF. If your going to fail, let it be because what YOU did wasn't good enough. I think Matt had his own vision of DC and for whatever reason wasn't allowed to bring who he wanted to GB. THAT has to change. Gute has a difficult offseason to decide who stays and who goes. Dillon's progress helps somewhat in the running back position. On defense, if LaFleur gets to pick his own man, who knows, may be he can get more out of what's there but that would be asking a lot. I also keep shaking my head thinking about TJ Watt could be in Green and Gold. Definately need a return man. Tired of watching other teams purposely kickoff short because they know our man sucks at returns.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 12:50 PM
Rodgers is tactically battling the Evil Oligarchy and I absolutely love it!!

Zool
01-26-2021, 12:56 PM

Some of us can....others ?

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:00 PM
All season long Rodgers spoke about how much he loves this years teammates. I didn't think he was blowing smoke up anyone's ass. He sounded sincere. It's understandable how "gutted" he felt after the loss. He and LeFleur will talk this offseason and probably be OK. Now if I'm Lafleur and Murphy really put the kabash on letting him have his own DC, here's where the SHTF. If your going to fail, let it be because what YOU did wasn't good enough. I think Matt had his own vision of DC and for whatever reason wasn't allowed to bring who he wanted to GB. THAT has to change. Gute has a difficult offseason to decide who stays and who goes. Dillon's progress helps somewhat in the running back position. On defense, if LaFleur gets to pick his own man, who knows, may be he can get more out of what's there but that would be asking a lot. I also keep shaking my head thinking about TJ Watt could be in Green and Gold. Definately need a return man. Tired of watching other teams purposely kickoff short because they know our man sucks at returns.

He was 100 percent sincere about Loving this years team but now that it is over and he is 37 years old and he just gave an MVP season and it wasn’t enough so He has to re-evaluate. He has to see that with no matter whatever he gives that it will never be enough under the current way the Packers front office rolls!!!

That’s where the rubber hits the road. It’s either you bend and help me out or Pay me or get me out of here!!! It’s that simple!! And you Gute Created this Fucken Mess!!

Bossman641
01-26-2021, 01:02 PM
Rodgers isn't going anywhere. R-E-L-A-X

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:10 PM

Also, Rodgers wasn’t sitting there crying and just blabbing away emotionally!! His demeanor was very calm and in control. Every word came out clearly and was well thought out. His words had purpose.

He put this Fucken Fraud GM on Notice!!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:12 PM
Yeah Mr Gutekunst!!! Your on the Fucken Clock!!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:19 PM
Rodgers isn't going anywhere. R-E-L-A-X

That’s your opinion and you might be right if the front office bends! It’s simple!!

Front office bends and makes moves to make Rodgers happy “OR”

Rodgers pushes his way out of Green Bay! He clearly said he won’t be part of rebuild and people close say he won’t be part of a “Repeat”

Rodgers has put himself in position to do this and I don’t believe the “Egomaniac GM” is gonna bend!!

Rodgers isn’t saying “R-E-L-A-X” anymore!!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:21 PM
Gute created the power struggle and got beat at his own game of “5 D Chess”!!!!!

Stupid Fuck!

Upnorth
01-26-2021, 01:37 PM
His words

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/26/aaron-rodgers-no-reason-i-wouldnt-be-back-but-no-absolutes/

And when I read that I feel confident he will be back with the same contract. All the other words typed here amount to a pile of droppings. Spinning this any other way I think would indicate a weak character in that individual. We shall see...:glug:

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:49 PM
His words

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/26/aaron-rodgers-no-reason-i-wouldnt-be-back-but-no-absolutes/

And when I read that I feel confident he will be back with the same contract. All the other words typed here amount to a pile of droppings. Spinning this any other way I think would indicate a weak character in that individual. We shall see...:glug:

He just said “His Source” said he wants a new contract!!! “My Source” says he wants better supporting players!!

You can go listen to Nagler and find comfort!!

We’ll see how it plays out. I’ve told you how it’s gonna go down!! Go have another drink!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:50 PM
He won’t be back here with these sorry ass receivers as the main dudes that you guys love so much. I can tell you that much!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 01:54 PM
He has won the “5 D Chess Game” with this Joke Ass GM. He is going to leverage a new contract over getting better weapons over getting the fuck out of here!!!

Believe what you want.

Tony Oday
01-26-2021, 01:55 PM
Brandon is a straight moron, totally blocking him.

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 02:15 PM
Brandon is a straight moron, totally blocking him.

Just did my first ignore in 20 years. I'm pretty good at just ignoring idiots. I have a lot of unusual view points so ignoring the masses is something I've always had to do. Just so happens it sharpens my skills at ignoring random odd balls too. I'll miss the dick shrinking analogies and the other generally hilarious rips on the Packers. I just can't keep listening to the WR stuff. It's so damn tired with Tonyan, Adams, Lizard and MVS helping the #1 offense score points.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 02:26 PM
Let’s also ignore what came out of Aaron Rodgers mouth while your at it you Fucken Fools!

Continue to ignore reality and live in this False Fairy Tale that will never deliver a World Championship!!

It’s such a Fraud!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 02:28 PM
He is Fucken Done with your Dumb Ass’s

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 02:42 PM
People during the season are gonna say certain shit. They keep a certain mindset cause they are pro’s and getting paid. They are going for it! Now that it’s over it’s different. It’s all different. Things ended the worst they possibly could. Rodgers is mentally fried with the Green Bay Packers and the Organization. It’s gonna take a lot to get him excited again to re-set and ramp up and do it again with this team!! Take it for you want. Ignore the facts and truth and me!! Stay in your little “Safe Bubble” or whatever!!!

There will be massive change or it’s over!

Packers don’t change for anyone so it’s OVER!! This is tragic news for me and I’ve made my life so close to this. THIS IS NOT FUN FOR ME!!!!

It really is a worst case scenario and it was caused by the worst GM in Packer history who was the catalyst to all of this!!!

Vincenzo
01-26-2021, 02:48 PM
Your standpoint that the Packers failed is ridiculous Brandon. After the Super Bowl 31 other teams didn’t reach the ultimate achievement.
To wait until the Packers finally lost and give us the old, “I told you so,” is just annoying.
There’s nothing else to discuss with you except mention that you should have your head examined.

Zool
01-26-2021, 02:52 PM
Just did my first ignore in 20 years. I'm pretty good at just ignoring idiots. I have a lot of unusual view points so ignoring the masses is something I've always had to do. Just so happens it sharpens my skills at ignoring random odd balls too. I'll miss the dick shrinking analogies and the other generally hilarious rips on the Packers. I just can't keep listening to the WR stuff. It's so damn tired with Tonyan, Adams, Lizard and MVS helping the #1 offense score points.

Even if it was still Taco Wallace, he needs to shut the fuck up already.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 02:57 PM
The bottom line is Rodgers and some of the players and a lot of Fans are mentally fried with this Packers Front Office!!

Until we fix that or they change their philosophy then nothing will change and things will only dismantle further!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 03:03 PM
Your standpoint that the Packers failed is ridiculous Brandon. After the Super Bowl 31 other teams didn’t reach the ultimate achievement.
To wait until the Packers finally lost and give us the old, “I told you so,” is just annoying.
There’s nothing else to discuss with you except mention that you should have your head examined.

That’s fine but your telling me “I need to have my head examined” and posters are telling me I’m basically spewing “false propaganda” when these words “came out of the mouth” of Aaron Rodgers. It’s a main topic of the National Sports media and I’m being treated like I’m spreading some “Sick Rumor” and told to shut up!!!

I’m simply dissecting with intel that “I Have” and giving a very well informed opinion!!

It’s like nobody wants to “Hear The Truth.” Its like the Jordan Love Pick all over again!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 03:06 PM
I don’t have to share “My Informed Perspective” to people!!! It really chaps my ass that I give this information and I get treated this way!!

Bossman641
01-26-2021, 03:15 PM
That’s your opinion and you might be right if the front office bends! It’s simple!!

Front office bends and makes moves to make Rodgers happy “OR”

Rodgers pushes his way out of Green Bay! He clearly said he won’t be part of rebuild and people close say he won’t be part of a “Repeat”

Rodgers has put himself in position to do this and I don’t believe the “Egomaniac GM” is gonna bend!!

Rodgers isn’t saying “R-E-L-A-X” anymore!!!

Do you really think they're going to rebuild coming off a 13-3 year and near SB trip? Yes, they'll lose some guys but they also have some young guys who will continue to grow. They'll also be in year 3 of the LaFleur system. Hard to find a lot of teams out there with a brighter future then the Pack.

StPaulPackFan
01-26-2021, 03:21 PM
Brandon, you've had over 20 posts in the past 4 hours on this thread alone. Not to mention all the numerous posts you've had in other threads. This would be great if you were posting unique information. Unfortunately, you beat the same dead horse in nearly all of your posts. Frankly, you are just boring. I will be ignoring you like many others have already done.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Do you really think they're going to rebuild coming off a 13-3 year and near SB trip? Yes, they'll lose some guys but they also have some young guys who will continue to grow. They'll also be in year 3 of the LaFleur system. Hard to find a lot of teams out there with a brighter future then the Pack.

Your “Drinking The Kook-Aid” man!! Honestly, How many wins do they have without Rodgers? How Fucken successful is LaFluer without Rodgers? The dude was the 27th ranked coordinator at Tennessee!!

Your not getting it!! Rodgers is mentally burnt out with this front office. If he “Mentally” doesn’t see a path to the Super Bowl with these guys when he gets honest with himself after all the focus of the season has worn off and with the way Gutekunst/Murphy build the roster then we’re already cooked!! That’s where it is being reported and believed where he is at. Normally after a Playoff Loss Rodgers gets up there and says “Let’s Re-Load and Go Get it Next Year.” That wasn’t his message man!!! Aaron says what he means! He don’t play Fucken “Brett Favre Games.”

I’ve heard things man. There is a chance he comes back but it isn’t going to be under the current circumstances!!!! Gute/Murphy Bend or See Ya Rodgers!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 03:31 PM
Brandon, you've had over 20 posts in the past 4 hours on this thread alone. Not to mention all the numerous posts you've had in other threads. This would be great if you were posting unique information. Unfortunately, you beat the same dead horse in nearly all of your posts. Frankly, you are just boring. I will be ignoring you like many others have already done.

Losing a HOF MVP is pretty newsworthy to me. Go talk about drafting a Fucken corner then!

call_me_ishmael
01-26-2021, 03:40 PM
So, are they going to free up the cap space by using Aaron's contract? If they do that, do they try to trade Jordan Love? Let's say they redo the contract to give space and but keep his comp at 33M which is quite affordable relative to his peers - is that effectively saying you're our guy not only next year, but in 2022? What about 2023? Rodgers took over after 3 years, so let's say they commit to him through the next two years. Would Love be cool with that? Does he even have a choice? Would they try to trade love this year to add a piece and go for it?

Lots of questions this off-season surrounding that cap space. Personally, I think they are going to use Rodger's contract to free up some space. I hope they go "all-in" and try to get the chip in the next two years. There's no guarantees in life so take your chances when you've got 'em.

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 03:41 PM

100 posts since 2006. The ultimate lurker. I weirdly remember some of the posts though, just can't remember why cuz there weren't enough to really make a personality profile

RashanGary
01-26-2021, 03:42 PM
So, are they going to free up the cap space by using Aaron's contract? If they do that, do they try to trade Jordan Love? Let's say they redo the contract to give space and but keep his comp at 33M which is quite affordable relative to his peers - is that effectively saying you're our guy not only next year, but in 2022? What about 2023? Rodgers took over after 3 years, so let's say they commit to him through the next two years. Would Love be cool with that? Does he even have a choice? Would they try to trade love this year to add a piece and go for it?

Lots of questions this off-season surrounding that cap space. Personally, I think they are going to use Rodger's contract to free up some space. I hope they go "all-in" and try to get the chip in the next two years. There's no guarantees in life so take your chances when you've got 'em.

I agree. I'm all for “all in” the way 12 is playing

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 03:42 PM
He just watched Tom Brady throw 3 interceptions in the 2nd half and beat him at Lambeau with a “More Talented Team.”!!!!! He watched his coaches get “Out Coached.”!!!!

He then had his coach “Bet Against Him” and take the ball out of his to tie the game!!!

He completely “Set the Stage” to get ready to “Draw The Line” to say coming up “You guys do this and this and this or Get me the hell of Here!!!!!!!”

If you people can’t see that coming then you are the one’s that need “Mental Health Help”. Please go get it! !!!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 03:48 PM

One of the scenarios could include this but yes something is going to give regarding Aaron Rodgers this off-Season. Rodgers will not go along with a close “Repeat” of last year! Something is going to give! Gute/Murphy are going to have to get him mentally excited again about this whole thing to re-set/revamp for another run here in Green Bay!! That’s where we are at!!

“Rinse & Repeat” and adding a cornerback will not work this time around!

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-26-2021, 03:51 PM
He just watched Tom Brady throw 3 interceptions in the 2nd half and beat him at Lambeau with a “More Talented Team.”!!!!! He watched his coaches get “Out Coached.”!!!!

He then had his coach “Bet Against Him” and take the ball out of his to tie the game!!!

He completely “Set the Stage” to get ready to “Draw The Line” to say coming up “You guys do this and this and this or Get me the hell of Here!!!!!!!”

If you people can’t see that coming then you are the one’s that need “Mental Health Help”. Please go get it! !!!!

I did go try to get help but all the Dr said was 'there is a fine line between being passionate for something and being psychotic, especially for a sports team'. I did not understand what he was telling me. Any ideas?

Jaire
01-26-2021, 03:52 PM
I'd check out Rodgers on the Pat McAfee show today. Sounds like he will stay

My guess is Rodgers has til 40 (3-4 years). He's disappointed that the team will be broken up because they can't afford to bring them all back....like every year.

My guess is they look to trade Love. Draft a QB in 3 to 4 years. They pulled the trigger early. You don't let the Goat go and he doesn't want to go aa he has repeatedly said. GB is a preferable option for plenty of reasons imo.

Jaire
01-26-2021, 04:01 PM
Here's one clip

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1354145154207244288?s=20

Jaire
01-26-2021, 04:02 PM
And this.

"I don't think there's any reason I wouldn't be back"

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1354146531272777739?s=20

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 04:04 PM
Aaron Rodgers is at the point where they fucked him and they drafted Jordan Love etc etc and they haven’t supported him completely and the dude went out and dumped his GF and got massively super focused and said fuck everyone and went out and played the best he possibly could to win it all with these guys. He completely sold out to it. He fell short and he is sitting there and he has no more answers!!! No more slogans for you!!!

He is fried. He can’t do it anymore!! He no longer can see a path with how this “Shit Show” is run!!! He can’t play any better!! That’s a dangerous place for him to be. He needs a change of scenery if there not gonna change!!

I don’t believe They will change for him.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 04:11 PM
And this.

"I don't think there's any reason I wouldn't be back"

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1354146531272777739?s=20

And “There is no Absolutes”

Count how many times he said that!!

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 04:13 PM
If he doesn’t get his way and see the right direction it’s all gonna start with asking for more $!! That’s what the inside sources say.

Then everyone will get mad at him!!!

StPaulPackFan
01-26-2021, 04:18 PM
100 posts since 2006. The ultimate lurker. I weirdly remember some of the posts though, just can't remember why cuz there weren't enough to really make a personality profile

Yep, the ultimate lurker. My first instinct is to refrain from posting unless I have something useful to add to a thread. So in most cases I just sit on the sidelines.

Regrettably, I went against my instincts with my last post to Brandon :talk:

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 04:18 PM
I'd check out Rodgers on the Pat McAfee show today. Sounds like he will stay

My guess is Rodgers has til 40 (3-4 years). He's disappointed that the team will be broken up because they can't afford to bring them all back....like every year.

My guess is they look to trade Love. Draft a QB in 3 to 4 years. They pulled the trigger early. You don't let the Goat go and he doesn't want to go aa he has repeatedly said. GB is a preferable option for plenty of reasons imo.

You trade up to draft a QB in the first round just trade him? Since when has anyone done this or made this a practice? How is this even acceptable?

Total Incompetence!

Upnorth
01-26-2021, 04:30 PM
Yep, the ultimate lurker. My first instinct is to refrain from posting unless I have something useful to add to a thread. So in most cases I just sit on the sidelines.

I appreciate your contribution.

Once upon a time I tried to talk sense to him. Now I just read when other people reply to him and shake my head. Passionate with no intelligence once he gets his mind set in one way. He has made a couple of valid points but then he repeats them over and over and even if I originally agreed with him he begins to unwittingly destroy his own position.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 04:35 PM
I’ve displayed the facts. Whether people like the truth’s or not or how they choose to process them is of their own device.

I’ve given you the best intel and information possible. It is time for me to detach from this disaster which is the “Green Bay Packers” for awhile and get back to “Other Things” for a bit. Not sure how much I will put into the draft this year as I don’t trust this front office!! We’ll see!

This whole thing was horrible and unfortunate and did not need to happen if we did not have certain CREATURES in Power!!

George Cumby
01-26-2021, 04:39 PM

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”
— Bertrand Russell

You should post more.

Jaire
01-26-2021, 05:36 PM
And “There is no Absolutes”

Count how many times he said that!!

All he is saying is that NFL careers are certain. He has repeatedly stated he wants to stay in GB. Even on today's show again.

He did his best to dispel the gossip and rumors. They even joked about how even this would be misinterpreted.

He won't go anywhere for sure this year. He can't be moved til next. MLF waa pretty clear too he is staying.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 06:05 PM
All he is saying is that NFL careers are certain. He has repeatedly stated he wants to stay in GB. Even on today's show again.

He did his best to dispel the gossip and rumors. They even joked about how even this would be misinterpreted.

He won't go anywhere for sure this year. He can't be moved til next. MLF waa pretty clear too he is staying.

Once again your wrong!! He can easily be moved after June 1st. He also said many times “It’s out of his hands.” He isn’t gonna go on the McAfee show and say he is “Unhappy with his contract and the lack of help he is Getting”. He will directly make that towards Gute and the Packers organization. He probably believes and hopes it will work out. I do too!!

We’ll wait and see what happens.

GB-Brandon
01-26-2021, 06:18 PM
Maybe they already have this “New Contract” thing worked out. We’ll see. If that’s the case then it’s “Game On”. My main point is something is going to give regarding this whole situation. It will not “Remain The Same” as time ticks on this offseason depending what’s done or not done!!

Time will tell. All we can do now is wait and let it play out and hope for the best. I hope it works out but have serious reservations due to how the Packer front office operates.

Bretsky
01-26-2021, 08:28 PM

Ha; I'm disappointed you haven't put me on ignore at some point :))))

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2021, 12:53 AM

This contract extending and restructuring is an EXCELLENT way to at the same time, help the Packers out of the cap crunch this coming off season and lock up Rodgers in Green Bay for the rest of his career - 6, 8, 10 years, as much as it is feasible to do.

And as the song or whatever goes, what's Love got to do with it? Trade him, let him get stale on the shelf, make him a kick returner and/or WR and/or wildcat QB for a few rare plays, any of the above; who even fucking cares? It was a mistake to draft him. BFD. Mistakes have been made before, and they will be made again.

Vincenzo
01-27-2021, 07:49 AM
Perhaps it’s the devastating Packer defeat that has left a sour taste in our mouths, but this is the sort of thread to make you throw up in your mouth. You spew a boat-load of Packer Homerism all season long that I personally skip over faster than I would something posted by Brandon.
Try coming down to earth man, a high post count doesn’t equate to high intelligence.
There’s an eye rolling amount of arrogance oozing out of your words!

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 08:43 AM
Looks like a 1st and a 2nd or a 1st and a 3rd is what Rodgers would be worth in a trade. Something to keep an eye on.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928413-aaron-rodgers-trade-rumors-packers-could-receive-1st-round-pick-more-in-deal

SudsMcBucky
01-27-2021, 09:52 AM

In my many years on multiple forums, it's the first time I've actually put anyone on ignore. People NEVER piss me off with differing view points, odd takes, or such, but when someone posts 25 fckn times in the span of 2 minutes making basically the same remark, I don't need to see it.

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 10:00 AM
Are people really upset with the posting or are they upset with the Packers failure to “Get Over The Hump” and recording their 4th straight NFC Championship game LOSS!! These results aren’t a result of bad luck yet just about everyone in here thought Gute had done a “Masterful Job” putting this roster together and they were wrong!!

The results certainly weren’t “Masterful.”

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 10:15 AM
What are the goals for this organization and this team? What are the standards? Cause they run on the slogan of “Titletown” and “Championship Football” and “Vince Lombardi” and Etc Etc! Yet I keep hearing 13-3 and 26-6 and that is success!! This franchise hasn’t won a World Championship since 2010!

It appears that one narrative doesn’t equal the other!! I’m really confused!!!

call_me_ishmael
01-28-2021, 09:25 AM
Colin Cowherd predicting that Watt ends up in GB in the Texas situation. I love it. I think they can figure out a way to make the numbers work and I assume JJ would be very open to it given that his wife plays for Chicago already.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 09:42 AM
Colin Cowherd predicting that Watt ends up in GB in the Texas situation. I love it. I think they can figure out a way to make the numbers work and I assume JJ would be very open to it given that his wife plays for Chicago already.

I’m not sure JJ Watt is the right move at this time. At his age with the way injuries have been pilling up in on him I would “Pass” if I was the Packers! 3 out of the last 5 seasons he hasn’t been able to stay on the field even half the season. This move looks more like bringing in a big name for big $ with a high potential for backfire!

Now if he would be needed in some type of “Scheme Change” that could change the conversation. Even then I would rather go younger.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 09:51 AM
All Rodgers has to say is I want a new contract and paid on my “New Valuation” at 43 million per year to set this whole thing off. I’m sure restructuring with more guaranteed $ over the next three years giving him security and Gutekunst finally doing his job and adequately supporting Rodgers will be enough and what Rodgers ultimately desires!

The question is will Brian Gutekunst and the Packers bend to Aaron Rodgers and be willing to push Jordan Love out until the end of his Rookie Contract?

Upnorth
01-28-2021, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=SudsMcBucky;1084323]In my many years on multiple forums, it's the first time I've actually put anyone on ignore. People NEVER piss me off with differing view points, odd takes, or such, but when someone posts 25 fckn times in the span of 2 minutes making basically the same remark, I don't need to see it.[/QUOTo

I agree with you 100%. The content isnt the issue, it's the spamming of the forum. Over and over and over.
I agree that our team would benefit from better wr but their isn't a single team in the league (except maybe the bucs) that you can't say that about. And we have cap issues. Not recognizing this and spewing it over and over is just fn annoying!

George Cumby
01-28-2021, 01:03 PM
I finally did the deed.

It's just so tiresome with NO added value.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 01:11 PM
“No Added Value” yet I’m positing on the very issues that affect the off-season the most! Tell me please what you guys want to talk about?

Please? I really want to know?

Trading Rodgers for Desean Watson?

hoosier
01-28-2021, 01:25 PM
“No Added Value” yet I’m positing on the very issues that affect the off-season the most! Tell me please what you guys want to talk about?

I suspect with most posters it is not so much the what but the how. The repetitive, obsessive style of posting is what turns people off more so than the idea content. You post the same ideas over and over and over again, often times in consecutive posts. You're not having a conversation with other posters here, you're having an endless monologue with yourself. Who wants to read that? Try saying it once and only once, try listening to what others say and considering it before you respond, and I suspect you will get a more positive reception.

Fritz
01-28-2021, 01:34 PM
Are people really upset with the posting or are they upset with the Packers failure to “Get Over The Hump” and recording their 4th straight NFC Championship game LOSS!! These results aren’t a result of bad luck yet just about everyone in here thought Gute had done a “Masterful Job” putting this roster together and they were wrong!!

The results certainly weren’t “Masterful.”

My god, he's Woodbuckifying before our very eyes.

Though I liked Woody better, I must admit. You disagree with the ol' Woodbucker, and he'd challenge you to a push-up contest or tell you that Mae could kick your ass with one Canadian hand tied behind her back. And he'd post it in different colors, and odd words in caps, and lots and lots of quotation marks.

oldbutnotdeadyet
01-28-2021, 01:36 PM

Not a fan of ignore as I have found you run into the possibility the person you want to ignore ends up saying something very interesting, so you have a minimum, of one, me, to continue to enlighten..

RashanGary
01-28-2021, 01:45 PM
I took Brandon off ignore. It’s the whistling Mickey that makes everything worse. When he was on ignore I could see he posted but not see the whistling Mickey, which was pleasant. But now it’s the same amount of spam, with the whistling Mickey and it’s really annoying.

And I’ve since realized that’s how my avatar looks to people who want to bitch a little about losing. My beautiful Phyllis George must be so fucking annoying.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 01:57 PM
I’m gonna continue to go at the roots of what’s going to happen this off-season (By Sorting Out The Facts) and look at it without “Green & Gold Colored Glasses” and try to find “Positive Solutions” along the way! That doesn’t mean Gute is or should follow “My Solutions.” They are simply Strong Opinions I have that I feel give us the best chance to win a Super Bow NOW. That’s all I care about! If others want to chime in and participate they are welcome to do so. If this is so Fucken hard and PAINFUL for you then hit the Fucken ignore button and PLEASE LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!! Quit “Cherry Picking” my posts and complaining!

I believe by the time we get into Free Agency and the Draft it will be a good time!! I’m gonna keep certain topics in appropriate directed threads.

I’m going to temper my delivery and consolidate my posts.

hoosier
01-28-2021, 02:06 PM
Someone needs to quote every GBB post for Cumby's sake. :)

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 02:14 PM
Geez, I Guess I should start making posts with a you tube video with the dialogue being in one of those computer robot voices!!

Would that make everyone happy and feel good and warm inside?

George Cumby
01-28-2021, 03:39 PM
Someone needs to quote every GBB post for Cumby's sake. :)

I don't know if I like you anymore. :-)

RashanGary
01-28-2021, 04:15 PM
Would that make everyone happy and feel good and warm inside?

I used to do this to Favre supporters hence my hesitation in ripping you for it now. But probably not calling people irrational and emotional and essentially stupid using all sorts of colorful language techniques is a good start not to piss people off.

Since taking you off ignore it’s now turned into 50% gutes a retard and 50% everyone’s out to get you.

Reality, Gute probably knows what he’s doing and people probably get sick of being called stupid in colorful ways.

GB-Brandon
01-28-2021, 07:03 PM
I used to do this to Favre supporters hence my hesitation in ripping you for it now. But probably not calling people irrational and emotional and essentially stupid using all sorts of colorful language techniques is a good start not to piss people off.

Since taking you off ignore it’s now turned into 50% gutes a retard and 50% everyone’s out to get you.

Reality, Gute probably knows what he’s doing and people probably get sick of being called stupid in colorful ways.

Great!! I’m providing content and it’s not all about Gute and WR’s. I supplied many other subject areas today and others will be coming up soon with more pertaining to FA & the draft. Rodgers situation will have to be monitored closely despite what anyone else says but obviously won’t be posting on that daily but more when interesting news comes in. “The Stage Has Already Been Set.” If you like the content then interact if you’d like. If you don’t then move on. Its no Bigeee man!!

hoosier
01-28-2021, 09:24 PM
I don't know if I like you anymore. :-)

Meh, I'm just pulling your leg. I live in a house with three young boys and sympathize deeply with people who cannot stand random noise. :)

Teamcheez1
01-29-2021, 06:17 AM
Here we sit going on one week later and we still have the same defensive coordinator.

Zool
01-29-2021, 08:35 AM
Here we sit going on one week later and we still have the same defensive coordinator.

Probably not, his contract is up. Did they announce a new one?

Bretsky
01-29-2021, 05:59 PM
I took Brandon off ignore. It’s the whistling Mickey that makes everything worse. When he was on ignore I could see he posted but not see the whistling Mickey, which was pleasant. But now it’s the same amount of spam, with the whistling Mickey and it’s really annoying.

And I’ve since realized that’s how my avatar looks to people who want to bitch a little about losing. My beautiful Phyllis George must be so fucking annoying.

I have not given up on Brandon; I kind of enjoy his I'm sitting in a dark room screaming out loud at myself and I'm going to post my thoughts rants.

Plus, I'm trying to work in his "delivery" :))))

He has some OK shit for the draft too and we never have enough of that

And he completely embraces my Get us a DAM WR mojo I've been campaigning for since Jordy left

Upnorth
01-29-2021, 07:22 PM
I have not given up on Brandon; I kind of enjoy his I'm sitting in a dark room screaming out loud at myself and I'm going to post my thoughts rants.

Plus, I'm trying to work in his "delivery" :))))

He has some OK shit for the draft too and we never have enough of that

And he completely embraces my Get us a DAM WR mojo I've been campaigning for since Jordy left

He did have some good shit. It's the presentation that is soooo abrasive.

George Cumby
01-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Meh, I'm just pulling your leg. I live in a house with three young boys and sympathize deeply with people who cannot stand random noise. :)

I know. :-)

One teenage boy, a preteen girl and a special needs kiddo'.

Quiet is at a premium in our place too. :whaa:

hoosier
01-29-2021, 10:27 PM
How old is the special needs kid? Our oldest, also special needs, just turned 18. Not so young any more, chronologically, but.....

run pMc
01-31-2021, 04:04 PM
First take at predicting the offseason:

Jones, Linsley, King leave in FA.
Tonyan signs his RFA tender if they don't sign him to a 2-3 contract. My money's on the RFA tender though, with both his value and the cap going up next season.
Jamaal comes back on a modest 2year deal. Maybe 2y/$6M. I'm not sure Dillon or the HBs can pass-pro like he can; I noticed he got more snaps vs. TB to help with that.
Marcedes Lewis hangs it up and (this part is wishful thinking) becomes a GB coaching assistant, unless Rodgers talks him out of retiring.
Kirskey, Lowry, and Preston are cut.
Mt.Adams is not brought back, to RG's chagrin.

They bring in a OT, DL, RB, WR, CB via the draft.

Rosters experience roughly 30% turnover each year.

texaspackerbacker
01-31-2021, 10:50 PM
Nice try, run pMc, but I'm gonna disagree with you on most of that.

I think they lock up Tonyan with a nice backloaded contract. RFA runs the risk of another team offering him a poison pill contract that would hit us too hard in a bad cap year.
I think Marcedes still has enough in the tank to come back and play for another million or so. The coaching idea ain't bad, though, for when he does hang it up.
I have a hunch M. Adams does come back - no significant demand elsewhere for him, and the Packers still see him as better than L and L.
Kirksey, Lowry, and P. Smith you probably got right, although as I have said, I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if Z. Smith goes instead of P. I also wouldn't be surprised if both are kept and restructured. I'll make that third one my prediction.
King goes, and good riddance. 50/50 on Linsley - I'll go with a backloaded contract to keep him. Despite the crappy last game, I really think they keep Aaron Jones - a slight hometown discount and a big bonus and backloaded contract.
50/50 also that we keep Jamal Williams, but I'll take the negative on that - figuring some team will offer him starter pay or damn near it. I'll go out on a limb and say we finally make some use out of Dexter Williams. It makes more sense - to me, anyway, that if the top two are A. Jones and Dillon, the third guy is a speed back.
I predict we also do a major restructuring of Aaron Rodgers - both to keep him long term and to help with the cap problems.

The Draft: in approximate order, Corner, ILB, OLB, DT, OL, Kicker, WR/kick returner.

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 10:08 AM
We really can’t move forward until a “Clear Vision” is asserted with Rodgers and direction!

RashanGary
02-01-2021, 05:57 PM
We really can’t move forward until a “Clear Vision” is asserted with Rodgers and direction!

Oh but they really will.

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 07:09 PM
Oh but they really will.

Yet we don’t know under what “PARAMETERS”!!!!

I know your prepared to get your butt all Rosie and Red for Tim Boyle but hold on!!!

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 07:21 PM
What Makes this Offseason so Great is Rodgers finally has All The Leverage that he so so so greatly deserves. He has been so misused and under appreciated. The way he played this thing from A-Z or where we are at at this point is a thing of beauty. He truly is a GENIUS. He has completely outsmarted and out-leveraged the Packer brain trust and they know it!!!!!!!!! LOL. You can hear it when they talk and what they say!!! Talk about “Back-Peddling!!! Things went off-script and they are stuck!!! They look like total fools and either way they can’t talk their way out of it.

Either FiNALLY GIVE INTO RODGERS and give him the support which will work and make them look like fools for not doing it sooner or trade him away and even look like BIGGER FOOLS!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
02-01-2021, 07:31 PM
The Media just POUNDING IT & POUNDING IT & POUNDING IT for the foreseeable future. This is what I talked about when the “Big Pick” was made and the potential BACKDRAFT!!!

Was it really all worth it?

texaspackerbacker
02-02-2021, 02:02 PM
What Makes this Offseason so Great is Rodgers finally has All The Leverage that he so so so greatly deserves. He has been so misused and under appreciated. The way he played this thing from A-Z or where we are at at this point is a thing of beauty. He truly is a GENIUS. He has completely outsmarted and out-leveraged the Packer brain trust and they know it!!!!!!!!! LOL. You can hear it when they talk and what they say!!! Talk about “Back-Peddling!!! Things went off-script and they are stuck!!! They look like total fools and either way they can’t talk their way out of it.

Either FiNALLY GIVE INTO RODGERS and give him the support which will work and make them look like fools for not doing it sooner or trade him away and even look like BIGGER FOOLS!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

+ 1 - when you're right, you're right. The difficult cap situation actually does give Rodgers leverage by making it very cap-advantageous to restructure and greatly extend his contract.

run pMc
02-03-2021, 09:27 PM
Rodgers is in the middle of a contract that can't be traded. He doesn't really have much leverage IMO.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:49 PM
Rodgers is in the middle of a contract that can't be traded. He doesn't really have much leverage IMO.

Have you not seen what is going on in Houston? I’m not saying Rodgers will go that far with it but he certainly could. And if he did do you don’t want a player that’s disgruntled contaminating everything and everyone all season? Probably won’t be a successful season. Not saying this will happen but Rodgers could certainly leverage himself out of Green Bay if that became his choice.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:52 PM
This is 2021!! This isn’t Brett Favre 2008 Shit!

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 09:55 PM
With how players are beginning to get and able to leverage and have more control I don’t even know that within the next 5 years the Packers will even be able to run their show like they do now. They better figure something out!!

Russel Wilson basically picked his own OC in Seattle. The “Packer Way” is gonna need some Tweaks.

GB-Brandon
02-03-2021, 10:05 PM
You got Tom Brady running to Tampa and basically telling them who to get him and going to a Super Bowl his first year. Russell Wilson getting his OC fired and approving the new OC. Desean Watson calling the shots in Houston!!

You think Rodgers is just gonna play along playing “Small Ball” with Gute in some “JAG-FEST”!!!!! When his career is winding down and urgency is at its highest level. See, the Packers don’t give a fuck about no urgency. They can go draft QB’s to develop for 5 years and punters and whatever. Rodgers does care. He wants a Another RING BAD!!!!!!!!!!

More then Fucken Gute Does!!

Guiness
02-03-2021, 10:30 PM

Good-bye for now old friend:wave:

See you in a few months or so when you have something to say again :-)

StPaulPackFan
02-03-2021, 10:49 PM
Good-bye for now old friend:wave:

See you in a few months or so when you have something to say again :-)

Months?? Heck, I can go years without posting :-)

Sparkey
02-04-2021, 02:56 PM
You got Tom Brady running to Tampa and basically telling them who to get him and going to a Super Bowl his first year. Russell Wilson getting his OC fired and approving the new OC. Desean Watson calling the shots in Houston!!

You think Rodgers is just gonna play along playing “Small Ball” with Gute in some “JAG-FEST”!!!!! When his career is winding down and urgency is at its highest level. See, the Packers don’t give a fuck about no urgency. They can go draft QB’s to develop for 5 years and punters and whatever. Rodgers does care. He wants a Another RING BAD!!!!!!!!!!

More then Fucken Gute Does!!

If Rodgers starts any of that crap they can ship his ass off to the JETS or JAGS. I don't give a rip how good the above players are. It is a TEAM game and when someones britches get too big for the team, you move on.

RashanGary
02-04-2021, 03:04 PM
If Rodgers starts any of that crap they can ship his ass off to the JETS or JAGS. I don't give a rip how good the above players are. It is a TEAM game and when someones britches get too big for the team, you move on.

Outside of situations like stafford in Detroit or maybe a great QB stranded on the jets, I agree. Ridiculousness can go too far though where the player has to stand up. Detroit and the Jets don’t even try to win.

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Rodgers has given every fiber he has to the Packers. The guy has come back from injury early and played hurt etc etc!! He doesn’t owe the Packers Jack. He needs to do what Tom Brady has done and think about himself at this point and maneuver himself into the best position to “WIN NOW” like Brady did. If the Packers want to continue to play “Small Ball” and not bend then there is zero shame in him positioning himself into a better SPOT!! No Packer fan can say he hasn’t given enough to this organization, Fan Base and community!!!

The organization up to this point has failed Rodgers and made other things “MORE IMPORTANT.” The EGG is on the Packers Front Office!

GB-Brandon
02-04-2021, 03:26 PM
The FACT is we should be playing this Sunday so let that sink in. The reason we’re not has very little to with Rodgers and everything to do with a particular GM!!!

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2021, 10:22 PM
Expectations right now are that the cap will be around $185M this year.

Cutting Preston Smith, Christian Kirksey, Dean Lowry, and Ricky Wagner would get the Packers to about $193M.

Reading an article on Packers Wire, the Packers could free up money in 2021 with the following deals:

Aaron Rodgers restructure could free up $13-16M.
Davante Adams extension could free up $4-6M.
Converting David Bakhtiari's roster bonus to a signing bonus would free up around $8.5M.
Billy Turner restructure could free up $3M.
Za'Darius Smith restructure could free up $7-12M.
Adrian Amos restructure could free up $3-4M.

Doing those deal would free up $38.5-$49.5M, so they have some flexibility to free up space and resign their own guys or other FAs. With Gute's admission that the Packers are basically in "win now" mode I think they have flexibility to get some things done.

call_me_ishmael
02-04-2021, 11:14 PM
Harvey, I think they will do most of those things but likely keep Preston. While hit or miss this year as a player, I think he plays such an important position that they bring him back. Maybe the same with Ricky Wagner too if they can get him for a little bit cheaper. I suspect they are eyeing up tackles in the draft as well.

I hope they swing for the fences and go for it.

Jaire
02-04-2021, 11:39 PM
Andy Herman has some really good info out (tweet linked). We really improved the roster the last couple years, according to His analysis.

Based on this, there is a good chance Preston & Lowry get cut. They will be the toughest replacements in my opinion: edge, DT. Also Wagner goes: his knees are done. I'd love to see two OTs in this deep draft and Linemen are Gute's strength. So many WRs this year too. It just depends HOW many and WHO they like. They are selective about WRs and that's always worked out well. They need Adams' replacement since I doubt he is back in 2022.

Based on what I see as draft depth and strengths, I think we will draft a combo of OT, WR, edge, CB early rounds. We can use them all.

We will likely look for cheap CBs and DL in FA. Those rooms are pretty empty.

Like everyone I would love the rbs back. But, Lindsley, Jamaal, & Jones are easy to replace (and have replacements on the team already, just need another rb or resign Jamaal).

Our only REAL losses are RT (and we are waaaaay behind replacing Bulaga) and Jamaal/Jones.

Finally, I think Kirksey stays one more year. That way they may only have one new cog in that D at right CB. It's still very young and trending up.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1357107934422065155?s=20

Jaire
02-05-2021, 12:33 AM
I'm guessing 50/50 they move Love.

I heard nothing all year about Love and the last few days a bunch of interviews and pressers talking him up.

bobblehead
02-05-2021, 09:40 AM
Contrary to what one idiot thinks I am on board with adding a WR, its just that I actually have OTHER things to say as well. I would love to see them do a lot of the above things but maybe EXTEND Adams and sign Cory Davis or Allen Robinson to a 3 year deal. Of utmost importance is signing Lindsey. This OL is really good and the game is still won in the trenches. Its probable that losing Bak cost us the NFCC....well, that and handicapping our OL late by abandoning the run.

Extending adams and signing a 3 year guy to play next to him shores up Rodgers til the end of his career (assuming 3 good years left). Keeping or improving the OL keeps Rodgers and the run game healthy. RBs that can play are a dime a dozen. With Kamara and Murry out my favorite ex packer to bitch about got 100 yards on the ground. James Robinson was an undrafted rookie and was lights out. We can lose Jones, and he was a good packer and good sport. I hope he gets paid.

GB-Brandon
02-05-2021, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I’m quite certain if the plan is for “Rodgers To Stay” then these moves or a Part Of These Moves will happen. The handwriting is pretty much on the wall. Yes, C. Davis and A. Robinson are the targets. I like Davis better in this offense but wouldn’t complain with Robinson either. As posted if W. Jackson makes it to FA he should be the target at Corner as he would relieve that cornerstone. Either way they need to bring someone of his caliber in.

The WildCard for me is what to do with Linsley. Probably depends how they feel about his back and how much guaranteed $ he will accept.

With these things done the Packers can really get into the draft and fill out the Final Pieces at Slot Receiver, Slot Corner, RB, DL, ILB, OL Depth Etc.

If all these things or similar interchangeable things are done the Packers would be my hands down favorite to win the Super Bowl in 2021 without me having to see what any other team has done!!!

RashanGary
02-05-2021, 12:43 PM

Cutting Preston Smith, Christian Kirksey, Dean Lowry, and Ricky Wagner would get the Packers to about $193M.

Reading an article on Packers Wire, the Packers could free up money in 2021 with the following deals:

Converting David Bakhtiari's roster bonus to a signing bonus would free up around $8.5M.

Doing those deal would free up $38.5-$49.5M, so they have some flexibility to free up space and resign their own guys or other FAs. With Gute's admission that the Packers are basically in "win now" mode I think they have flexibility to get some things done.

Thanks for the summary. I’m kind of hoping for a win now at the end of 12s career.

Bretsky
02-05-2021, 11:26 PM
Dallas is set with Cooper and CeeDee Lamb; they are almost wasting Michael Gallop.

I would love to see GB make a move for Michael Gallop or Cory Davis

texaspackerbacker
02-06-2021, 03:56 PM

Good Post. This is pretty much what I was talking about when I said taking advantage of the cap/stretching out contracts/back loading, etc. It can be done, and we can keep everybody we need to keep. I still hope we don't re-sign Kevin King,

HarveyWallbangers
02-13-2021, 08:23 PM

Step 1 done. Restructure Bakh’s contract cleared $8.3m.

Zool
02-14-2021, 04:45 PM
Step 1 done. Restructure Bakh’s contract cleared $8.3m.

Boy were you way off on that one. Pfffft $8.5

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2021, 04:36 PM

Steps 2 and 3 done. We're now about $6M over what I think a reasonable expectation for the cap is ($185M).

GB-Brandon
02-19-2021, 04:58 PM
These moves were pretty certain thus far and had to happen. The big one were still waiting for and is more tricky with certain variables involved and bigger commitments made.

texaspackerbacker
02-20-2021, 12:05 AM
And they damn well better be prepared to make that commitment. Specifically, they need to do what's necessary to keep Aaron Rodgers very long term - the rest of his career, which I strongly hope is 5-10 years, assuming it's all with the Packers.

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 08:07 AM
And they damn well better be prepared to make that commitment. Specifically, they need to do what's necessary to keep Aaron Rodgers very long term - the rest of his career, which I strongly hope is 5-10 years, assuming it's all with the Packers.

Yeah, they should basically just ask him how long he wants to play and get a deal done that way. It would create MASSIVE CAP RELIEF & end all this DISTRACTION. This is nowhere near like “The Brett Favre Situation.” Rodgers body isn’t breaking down. He has a different play style and skill-set then Brett that will allow him to play longer. He isn’t throwing massive amount of interceptions. If Brady can play at 44 then so can Rodgers. I believe a 5 year timeline would probably be best for all parties and do the trick. They could then trade Jordan Love to Philadelphia or Washington and move forward with really trying to win a Super Bowl as the main goal having everyone on the same page.

They could still draft a QB here and there in the mid rounds moving forward to try and develop down the road.

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 11:53 AM
This is a completely different situation. You could say Brett Favre was the one playing games with the Packer front office back in the day. In this situation today the Packers front office are the ones playing games with Aaron Rodgers. Completely different situation all the way around.

RashanGary
02-20-2021, 12:38 PM
An example of the long term affect of a contract is the Preston Smith contract. It seemed nice at first 6M and 13.5. But now we cut him and we spread out another 8 of dead cap space. You can't just push things into the future unless you don't plan to live in the future some day. It call comes back to bite you.

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 01:19 PM
An example of the long term affect of a contract is the Preston Smith contract. It seemed nice at first 6M and 13.5. But now we cut him and we spread out another 8 of dead cap space. You can't just push things into the future unless you don't plan to live in the future some day. It call comes back to bite you.

It only bites you if you no longer want the player or is time to move on. I’ll take my chances with Rodgers any day over Preston Smith Thank You.

GB-Brandon
02-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Rodgers just won an MVP and did an amazing job leading this team. He has every right to ask for a new 5 year Deal which helps the team WIN NOW!!!!

If the Packers don’t think he deserves it they should probably trade him.

texaspackerbacker
02-20-2021, 03:32 PM
No need to choose between Rodgers and P. Smith. re-upping Rodgers is absolutely essential. Preston improved but still may not be worth what he is due to be paid. There are 3 choices with him, 2 of them fairly good: 1. do nothing and pay him $13.5 million with a 9.5 million cap hit 2. restructure him for more years, either the same or a little less money, get his cap money reduced by maybe 4-6 million 3. cut him, save on the cap 9.5 minus 4 first half of dead money = 5.5 million. I'd say 1, is not a good choice. 2. and 3. are the fairly good ones, depending on whether his play makes him worth having at all, which I think it still does.

Fritz
02-25-2021, 12:51 PM
If I were Preston Smith, I'd be working out furiously and telling my agent to renegotiate the deal so he doesn't get cut.

If I were the Packers, I'd rather do that than sign JJ Watt.

ThunderDan
02-25-2021, 02:49 PM
If I were Preston Smith, I'd be working out furiously and telling my agent to renegotiate the deal so he doesn't get cut.

We have a couple of NFL players as clients. When the player is up for a big contract extension all you hear is the agent thumping his chest. After two years when the player hasn't lived up to the contract and the team says take a $2,000,000 pay cut next year or you are gone, the agent is no where to be found.

GB-Brandon
02-25-2021, 04:03 PM
We have a couple of NFL players as clients. When the player is up for a big contract extension all you hear is the agent thumping his chest. After two years when the player hasn't lived up to the contract and the team says take a $2,000,000 pay cut next year or you are gone, the agent is no where to be found.

And again sometimes with some players they are busy smoking pot and eating Twinkie’s all offseason. Once again this is on Gute!!

run pMc
02-25-2021, 08:56 PM

Agree.
Watt has had 3 significant injuries in the last 5 seasons and isn't the player he was. He won't come cheap, and if they were to sign him would be overpaying for the production as well as taking on the risk he doesn't make it through the season.
Preston has this good year-bad year yoyo thing going, and if he's motivated (and he should be) would be younger, healthier, and likely to bounce back. I'd offer him a pay cut before cutting him outright.

Fritz
02-27-2021, 07:28 AM

Maybe he's busy making spinach-and-cucumber shakes for Smith, and driving him to the gym.

Upnorth
03-01-2021, 02:26 PM
Any other pass rushers in fa we should target?

I would love to see us try to get dalvin Thomlinson from NY. Help the run and imagine having to deal with him after Clark is doubled? Plus hevis worth a 4 year contract so we can string it out so not to expensive this year.

Or Shelby Harris? Different player, doesnt help.with the run near as much but way better pass rush. Probably cheaper as well.

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2021, 05:02 PM
Gute sounded open to putting the franchise tag on Aaron Jones. Personally, I think it would be a good idea. Some don't like the idea of the $8M cap hit this year, but with RBs it's probably best to tread lightly (year-to-year deals are good). I think we can free up resources elsewhere.

Aaron Jones - franchise tag
Dean Lowry - cut
Preston Smith - redo or cut
Aaron Rodgers - partial restructure
Za'Darius Smith - restructure
Adrian Amos - restructure
Billy Turner - restructure
Davante Adams - extend
Corey Linsley - let walk
Robert Tonyan - 2nd round tender

Should have enough to sign a FA or two. If we did the above, CB and OT have to be the top priority. DL, ILB, and EDGE depth next. WR after that (I'd like a Deebo Samuel type). I think we are solid at QB, RB, TE, interior OL, and S. Sign a guy or two in FA to fill a couple of holes and then hit the rest with the draft.

RashanGary
03-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Gute sounded open to putting the franchise tag on Aaron Jones. Personally, I think it would be a good idea. Some don't like the idea of the $8M cap hit this year, but with RBs it's probably best to tread lightly (year-to-year deals are good). I think we can free up resources elsewhere.

Aaron Jones - franchise tag
Dean Lowry - cut
Preston Smith - redo or cut
Aaron Rodgers - partial restructure
Za'Darius Smith - restructure
Adrian Amos - restructure
Billy Turner - restructure
Davante Adams - extend
Corey Linsley - let walk
Robert Tonyan - 2nd round tender

Should have enough to sign a FA or two. If we did the above, CB and OT have to be the top priority. DL, ILB, and EDGE depth next. WR after that (I'd like a Deebo Samuel type). I think we are solid at QB, RB, TE, interior OL, and S. Sign a guy or two in FA to fill a couple of holes and then hit the rest with the draft.

Nice realistic summary

Anti-Polar Bear
03-06-2021, 02:59 AM
Preston Smith played for Barry in Washington, plus he’s one of the German Shepherd’s boies. P-Smith ain’t going anywhere.

texaspackerbacker
03-06-2021, 05:48 PM
Very likely true, but they still should restructure him.

wist43
03-08-2021, 07:16 AM
We have all the same needs from last year plus a couple of others b/c Gute used his first 4 picks last year on positions we already had filled.

We still need
ILB, WR, DL, OT from last year.

Add to that same list
RB (if Jones and Williams walk), and Center/Guard.

Last years draft was probably enough to ensure that the rest of Rodgers career will go wasted.

I expect no different this year.

HarveyWallbangers
03-11-2021, 02:18 AM
Wist is back.

Hard to blame Gute for the Bakh injury. He rightly assessed the OT situation. Bakh, Turner, and Wagner made for a good group. We don't know who he will bring in during FA yet.

He rightly assessed the WR position. Did you know the Packers led the league in scoring and Rodgers was MVP?

RB? He drafted a guy last year to cover that hole. I think Dillon will be very good.

We have plenty of good young players on the interior OL (Jenkins, Patrick, Runyan, Stepaniak).

He brought in Martin, Barnes, and Kirksey at ILB. Kirksey didn't work out, but people liked the move. I think Barnes and Martin have a chance. I don't see it being a huge need--unless they can get a true difference maker. Hard to get one drafting late.

He needs to do a better job at DL. That, along with OT (because of the Bakh injury) and CB are our biggest needs.

Upnorth
03-11-2021, 06:07 AM
Wist is back.

Hard to blame Gute for the Bakh injury. He rightly assessed the OT situation. Bakh, Turner, and Wagner made for a good group. We don't know who he will bring in during FA yet.

He rightly assessed the WR position. Did you know the Packers led the league in scoring and Rodgers was MVP?

RB? He drafted a guy last year to cover that hole. I think Dillon will be very good.

We have plenty of good young players on the interior OL (Jenkins, Patrick, Runyan, Stepaniak).

He brought in Martin, Barnes, and Kirksey at ILB. Kirksey didn't work out, but people liked the move. I think Barnes and Martin have a chance. I don't see it being a huge need--unless they can get a true difference maker. Hard to get one drafting late.

He needs to do a better job at DL. That, along with OT (because of the Bakh injury) and CB are our biggest needs.

Harv you are on fire today. Great post and an accurate analysis of the 2020 roster.

Fritz
03-11-2021, 09:57 AM
Wist is back.

I absolutely agree with this assessment.

texaspackerbacker
03-11-2021, 01:33 PM
Now is not the time to judge Gutekunst. He did make the colossally stupid choice to move up and take Love, and he did make the probable mistake also of taking a too short TE that we really didn't need last year. He has, however, brought in some stars in his fairly brief time here.

He has two or three absolutely earth-shaking things to accomplish, though, that are gonna determine whether he maintains greatness for most of another decade or whether he ruins the team and drags it into the shitter. Both are, of course, named Aaron. He absolutely NEEDS to keep Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay for the rest of his career, and in the short term, he NEEDS to find a way to retain Aaron Jones. Extending Davante Adams sooner rather than later is a no-brainer also.

KYPack
03-11-2021, 08:41 PM
Now is not the time to judge Gutekunst. He did make the colossally stupid choice to move up and take Love, and he did make the probable mistake also of taking a too short TE that we really didn't need last year. He has, however, brought in some stars in his fairly brief time here.

He has two or three absolutely earth-shaking things to accomplish, though, that are gonna determine whether he maintains greatness for most of another decade or whether he ruins the team and drags it into the shitter. Both are, of course, named Aaron. He absolutely NEEDS to keep Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay for the rest of his career, and in the short term, he NEEDS to find a way to retain Aaron Jones. Extending Davante Adams sooner rather than later is a no-brainer also.

Tex, I know you've been on this all year, but...

Jones and Linsley are gone.

We'll have to redo a few deals just to get our cap in order.

Jones was offered a deal and rejected it. He's going FA.

Linsley is 99% gone, also.

There's just no room.

This off season will show you once and for all that you can't cook the cap.

HarveyWallbangers
03-11-2021, 09:48 PM
They can easily cook the cap. They could resign both guys if they wanted to. I've laid out how it could happen numerous times. However, they don't value those positions for the price it would cost to retain those players.

texaspackerbacker
03-12-2021, 02:51 AM
Yes, Harvey's post is the accurate one. However, can do and will do are not necessarily the same thing. It will piss me off extremely if Gutekunst bombs out on this and lets the team get worse 0 as it surely will in the short term if he fails to retain Aaron Jones.

sharpe1027
03-12-2021, 05:10 AM
They can easily cook the cap. They could resign both guys if they wanted to. I've laid out how it could happen numerous times. However, they don't value those positions for the price it would cost to retain those players.

Let's be clear, the phrase cooking the cap is being used the same as kick the can down the road. You get some room to do so if the cap keeps going up, but that only goes so far. There's no magic wand you can wave, just ways to shift the money to later years.

texaspackerbacker
03-12-2021, 11:57 AM
For once, you got something right, sharpe. "Kicking the can down the road" is a fairly good idea anytime, as in normal years, you can count on the salary cap going up moderately. This year, though, is of course, exceptional. Teams need to scrimp and be creative to avoid having their personnel get worse. Conversely, though, it is very reasonable to expect the cap not only to have its normal moderate increase next season, but to bounce back big time, making up for the decrease this season. Thus, keeping cap numbers unrealistically low and then letting the contracts balloon upward in future years i.e doing that kicking is clearly the way to go.

And yes, there is a magic wand. It is called prorating the bonus to future years' caps.

Fritz
03-12-2021, 12:17 PM
When Gute signed the Smith Bros. and Amos two years ago, he immediately started kicking the can down the road. The Packers are over the cap, and that's not only because of it being a Covid cap. The can is already down the road. It's just a question of whether you want to make the can into a damn storage container in the next few years.

All these people crying about how the Packers never go "all in" - teams that "go all in" end up in cap hell, and the Packers are fairly close to that now. They've been all in under Gute. They don't get it done in the next year or two, and you'll see the whole thing have to get blown up.

wist43
03-12-2021, 12:40 PM
When Gute signed the Smith Bros. and Amos two years ago, he immediately started kicking the can down the road. The Packers are over the cap, and that's not only because of it being a Covid cap. The can is already down the road. It's just a question of whether you want to make the can into a damn storage container in the next few years.

All these people crying about how the Packers never go "all in" - teams that "go all in" end up in cap hell, and the Packers are fairly close to that now. They've been all in under Gute. They don't get it done in the next year or two, and you'll see the whole thing have to get blown up.

Part of going "all in" would mean drafting to fill immediate needs - the Packers never do that. They certainly didn't last year.

Drafting Love may pan out in the long run, but in the short term the Lombardi Trophy resides in Tampa Bay. And there's the rub. So from last year to this - we still have all the same needs we did last year, namely ILB, WR, and OT. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Gute doesn't draft any of those positions again.

Gute had to go out and sign 2 LB/DE's and a competent safety b/c the Packers seriously suck at evaluating and drafting front seven talent, and defense in general.

I like Gute better than TT, but he's still cut from the same cloth.

Joemailman
03-12-2021, 12:48 PM

Yes, Gute did kick the can down the road a couple of years ago. And I think he always knew things would be a little tight with the cap in 2021. But Covid is a huge factor. The cap is about 28 million less than Gute had every reason to expect it would be in 2021. If the cap were where it would have been without Covid, the Packers would be about 20 million under the cap. If that were the case, the question would not be whether they can afford to sign Aaron Jones, but simply whether they want to. The key is to get through 2022 without having to do what the Saints are doing now. After that, the new TV deals kick in and there will be a lot more money to spend.

bobblehead
03-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Wist is back.

I like many of your points, but as is normal I'll only focus on the one thing that bothers me. DL is soft and OL could use some help. The game is won in the trenches. You don't win with a QB running for his life, and you DO win by making a QB run for his life and stuffing the run. I do think the OL is "ok" because I would like to see Jenkins move to RT with Bakh healthy. Then the group of youngsters and Turner, maybe Taylor can support the middle. DL is a big need right now. Clarke is a stud, but one more is a necessity, not a luxury.

bobblehead
03-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Part of going "all in" would mean drafting to fill immediate needs - the Packers never do that. They certainly didn't last year.

Drafting Love may pan out in the long run, but in the short term the Lombardi Trophy resides in Tampa Bay. And there's the rub. So from last year to this - we still have all the same needs we did last year, namely ILB, WR, and OT. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Gute doesn't draft any of those positions again.

Gute had to go out and sign 2 LB/DE's and a competent safety b/c the Packers seriously suck at evaluating and drafting front seven talent, and defense in general.

I like Gute better than TT, but he's still cut from the same cloth.

That trophy could have been in GB with a small few things breaking right. Bakh staying healthy. PI called on the Rodgers pick. King not getting called for playing the TB style of defense. Running the rock in the 4th quarter. Rodgers running for it on 2nd and 3rd to goal. Give me any one of those things and GB might be the champs. Give me 2 of them and I think its a lock. Some the refs did to us, some we did to ourselves, some were flukes (bakh)

sharpe1027
03-12-2021, 04:31 PM
For once, you got something right, sharpe.

This this the kindest thing a Packer Rat has ever said to me. Are you feeling okay?

sharpe1027
03-12-2021, 04:37 PM
Structuring your contracts to increase with the expected rise in salary cap year to year is NOT kicking the can down the road or cooking the cap. It's what everyone has to do just to be competitive in signing free agents, period.

When you load up your future years well beyond the expected rise in salary, THEN you are deviating from the norm and cooking the cap. You're all but guaranteeing you'll have dead money in future years in exchange for signing more in the current year.

Is that wise? Hard to quantify, but you have no magic wand. It's always a trade off.

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2021, 04:40 PM
Structuring your contracts to increase with the expected rise in salary cap year to year is NOT kicking the can down the road or cooking the cap. It's what everyone has to do just to be competitive in signing free agents, period.

When you load up your future years well beyond the expected rise in salary, THEN you are deviating from the norm and cooking the cap. You're all but guaranteeing you'll have dead money in future years in exchange for signing more in the current year.

Is that wise? Hard to quantify, but you have no magic wand. It's always a trade off.

Bingo!

Upnorth
03-12-2021, 05:14 PM

Holy shit sharpe right twice in a day!

sharpe1027
03-12-2021, 05:18 PM
Holy shit sharpe right twice in a day!

Day drinking has its benefits.

Joemailman
03-12-2021, 07:01 PM
Preston Smith restructured contract.

Pete Dougherty
@PeteDougherty
·
31s
Move saves Packers $7.25M in cap room, close to the $8M they would have saved if they’d cut him but pushes $3.25 into ‘22 cap.
Quote Tweet
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 39m
A breakdown of the adjusted contract for #Packers OLB Preston Smith, who now sticks in GB:
— $8M salary ($200K workout bonus, $300K in 46-mans, $6.5M signing bonus, $1M base.)
— $4.4M available in sack incentives, so he can eclipse the $12M he was set to earn before the redo.

Sparkey
03-12-2021, 07:58 PM
Packers not tendering Boyle. The Love machine will be getting some pt this year.

wist43
03-12-2021, 08:03 PM
I don't care about future cap hits if it increases our odds at winning championships now.

If we end up in rebuild mode in 4 years, so what?? I can live with that if we bag 2 Lombardi Trophies along the way.

I'd rather do that than have a manageable cap in 4 years and zero Lombardi Trophies.

Bretsky
03-12-2021, 08:47 PM
Wist is back.

TRUTH................DID YOU LIKE THE BACH CONTRACT given the cap going where it is ?

It seems a rarity that GB borderline overpays for it's own guys. Seems like we did there

sharpe1027
03-12-2021, 09:15 PM
I don't care about future cap hits if it increases our odds at winning championships now.

If we end up in rebuild mode in 4 years, so what?? I can live with that if we bag 2 Lombardi Trophies along the way.

I'd rather do that than have a manageable cap in 4 years and zero Lombardi Trophies.

Amen. If there was a guaranteed trade off of winning it all for having to suffer rebuild project, why the hell not take it! Every team should win a Superbowl because all they need to do is pick the year they want to win and spend shitload of backloaded money. It's that simple.

Unfortunately, nothing can guarantee a trophy. I'll go one step further, how many recent Superbowl winners cooked the cap to do it? The proof should be in the results.

wthigoot
03-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Packers not tendering Boyle. The Love machine will be getting some pt this year.

So.... 3 victory formation kneel downs for 19 games = -57 yards rushing (we hope)

0 completions in 0 attempts

What is his QB rating at the end of the year?

HarveyWallbangers
03-12-2021, 10:42 PM
The Packers moves were pretty apparent from the start. They have restructured Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, Devin Funchess, and David Bakhtiari. They have cut Christian Kirksey, Ricky Wagner, and John Lovett. They are $1.5M over the cap. They still have these moves they can make:

Cut Dean Lowry to save $3.3M.
Cut Josh Jackson to save $1.3M.
Restructure Aaron Rodgers to free up $5-16M.
Extend Davante Adams to free up $4-6M.
Billy Turner restructure to free up $3M.
Za'Darius Smith restructure to free up $7-12M.

texaspackerbacker
03-12-2021, 11:21 PM
Good Move with restructuring P. Smith, but those other things need to get done too - and in the case of Aaron Rodgers at least, it better be the high end number which would mean keeping him longer term. Now keep Aaron Jones.

King Friday
03-12-2021, 11:28 PM

God I hope not.

texaspackerbacker
03-12-2021, 11:44 PM
TRUTH................DID YOU LIKE THE BACH CONTRACT given the cap going where it is ?

It seems a rarity that GB borderline overpays for it's own guys. Seems like we did there

I was almost alone in downplaying the importance of Bakhtiari. I think the way the Packers played and especially the way the offense played while he was out supported that big time.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2021, 02:31 AM

We often overpay for our own guys. At least, Ted Thompson did it all of the time. Franchise LTs are hard to find. I had no problem paying Bakh that kind of money. Great LTs age well. His cap hit is pretty small this year ($10M). We can cut him after two years. That deal gives Green Bay an out after the 2022 season.

Packers management is damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to a lot of people on this board. We've had some good GMs--Mike Sherman notwithstanding. Yet, you'd think we had Matt Millen. Management has put this team in position multiple times to get to the Super Bowl, but it's not just the likes of Brandon Bostick and Kevin King that have screwed it up. Favre and Rodgers have had bad moments. Julius Peppers told that Packers DB to take a knee. Aaron Jones fumbled at an inopportune time.

RashanGary
03-13-2021, 05:29 AM
The Packers moves were pretty apparent from the start. They have restructured Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, Devin Funchess, and David Bakhtiari. They have cut Christian Kirksey, Ricky Wagner, and John Lovett. They are $1.5M over the cap. They still have these moves they can make:

Once the WR market is reset with Golladay and Godwin I could see Adams resigned. And Zadarius extended. And maybe even Turner extended if we don’t draft an OT high. I’m curious what 2022 will look like for the cap. We have Tonyan, Lazard and Alexander coming up shortly. I hope the draft is a really good one with several players being rock solid hits at positions of need. And I hope for some really good development from last years first and second year players.

Fritz
03-13-2021, 06:19 AM
We often overpay for our own guys. At least, Ted Thompson did it all of the time. Franchise LTs are hard to find. I had no problem paying Bakh that kind of money. Great LTs age well. His cap hit is pretty small this year ($10M). We can cut him after two years. That deal gives Green Bay an out after the 2022 season.

Packers management is damned if you do, damned if you don't when it comes to a lot of people on this board. We've had some good GMs--Mike Sherman notwithstanding. Yet, you'd think we had Matt Millen. Management has put this team in position multiple times to get to the Super Bowl, but it's not just the likes of Brandon Bostick and Kevin King that have screwed it up. Favre and Rodgers have had bad moments. Julius Peppers told that Packers DB to take a knee. Aaron Jones fumbled at an inopportune time.

Well put here.

People were whining about the Packers' not offering an extension to Aaron Rodgers's key protector, one of the best left tackles in football. Then the Packers did sign Bakh, and all of a sudden everyone was whining that he was overpaid because he got hurt.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2021, 12:34 PM

Turner was restructured. His $500K roster bonus and an undisclosed amount of his base salary was converted to a signing bonus. There's a good chance we are under the salary cap now.

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2021, 12:36 PM
They can cut Lowry and Jackson to sign their RFAs and ERFAs. They can clear up space by reworking Rodgers, Adams, and Smith to clear enough space to go after a FA or two they like.

Upnorth
03-13-2021, 01:29 PM
Every restructure causes future pain. I don't think we need to do much more to have a season that is on par with 2020. 13-3 and nfccg is a great season.

Joemailman
03-13-2021, 01:30 PM
Turner was restructured. His $500K roster bonus and an undisclosed amount of his base salary was converted to a signing bonus. There's a good chance we are under the salary cap now.

Spotrac has Packers with 1M in cap space. OTC has Packers 2.3M over the cap, but they have not changed the Billy Turner numbers, so I think Spotrac is right.

KYPack
03-13-2021, 01:33 PM

Good work Harv, you've done the best job I've seen keeping track of our cap situation. I thought we were about even. I really think the team has moved on from Jones and Linsley. We need to do some of these moves to get enough cap room to play in the coming FA pool. There will be some salary bargains in that free agent market starting Thursday. As far as Jackson and Lowry, they have not played up to snuff, but you'd think we have to keep one or more of these home grown guys. Both of them have to crank it up. That motivation might be the thing they need to finally get it going.

Joemailman
03-13-2021, 01:38 PM
Good work Harv, you've done the best job I've seen keeping track of our cap situation. I thought we were about even. I really think the team has moved on from Jones and Linsley. We need to do some of these moves to get enough cap room to play in the coming FA pool. There will be some salary bargains in that free agent market starting Thursday. As far as Jackson and Lowry, they have not played up to snuff, but you'd think we have to keep one or more of these home grown guys. Both of them have to crank it up. That motivation might be the thing they need to finally get it going.

FIFY. I think.

KYPack
03-13-2021, 02:19 PM
FIFY. I think.

Yer right Joe. Fixed it for myself.
The Turner restructuring has already happened.
Did you have that in your calculations, Harve?

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2021, 08:12 PM
Another good move. If they keep going and get to the bigger restructures and then re-sign Aaron Jones and maybe even Linsley and/or Jamal Williams, great. If not, these lesser moves are meaningless.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2021, 10:00 AM
Once the WR market is reset with Golladay and Godwin I could see Adams resigned. And Zadarius extended. And maybe even Turner extended if we don’t draft an OT high. I’m curious what 2022 will look like for the cap. We have Tonyan, Lazard and Alexander coming up shortly. I hope the draft is a really good one with several players being rock solid hits at positions of need. And I hope for some really good development from last years first and second year players.

Packers would be Milli Vanilli not to pick up J-Alex’s 5th year option. In other words, J-Alex mostly likely will be donning the Green and Musta Yella for the next 3 seasons.

Tonyan has a 98 catch rating on Madden, so fuck yea, re-sign the redneck.

I make the minimum-wage flipping burgers b/c burger flippers are expendable. Likewise, there are plenty of “neutral gray” Lazards on the streets of Baltimore. I’d let Lazard walk the walk of life.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2021, 10:11 AM
Another good move. If they keep going and get to the bigger restructures and then re-sign Aaron Jones and maybe even Linsley and/or Jamal Williams, great. If not, these lesser moves are meaningless.

Not everyone can snap a rock, but there are plenty of fat guys on the streets of Baltimore with the Kung Fu to snap it well enough. Lucas Patrick comes to mind.

Let Linsley walk the walk of life.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2021, 10:42 AM

They didn’t just overpaid Bak, they also overpaid Cletidus Clark. JJ Watt would be donning the Green and Musta Yella today had they not overpaid Clark.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2021, 10:47 AM

Forthcoming summer will be an interesting one, for sure. Call it the summer of Love, if you will.

My pal Harlan is reading this, and he’s like, lame. I was there in ‘67. Did lots of acids and made lots of love.

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2021, 11:57 AM
They didn’t just overpaid Bak, they also overpaid Cletidus Clark. JJ Watt would be donning the Green and Musta Yella today had they not overpaid Clark.

This may be heresy for a Badger fan, but I saw a lot of Watt the past few seasons, and I'd take Clark over him any day. Both have suffered from double teams, but Clark has handled it better in recent years for Watt anyway plus, we should have a lot of quality years with Clark long after Watt is retired. In general, though, I agree with you about "fat guys", especially in the O Line. My point about Linsley was more about finances and the cap - if things are handled right, we could certainly afford him.

bobblehead
03-14-2021, 12:04 PM
Well put here.

People were whining about the Packers' not offering an extension to Aaron Rodgers's key protector, one of the best left tackles in football. Then the Packers did sign Bakh, and all of a sudden everyone was whining that he was overpaid because he got hurt.

I prefer to be on both sides of this fence just so I can be right later. I think we probably could have not given bakh that big deal and signed Trent Williams for less in FA. However all the things Harvey said are true. Bakh has been a good team mate, a great player and deserved to be extended.

bobblehead
03-14-2021, 12:10 PM
My hot take. This is very possibly the last year of Rodgers in GB. Without knowing who is holding the line, bottom line is that we got under the cap WITHOUT the Rodgers restructure. That makes trading him after next year very easy. If its Rodgers being difficult it might push management to moving him. If its management just not doing it, its tipping their hand as far as their intentions. Of course if Rodgers does the restructure in 2 weeks so we can sign Cory Davis then that calculation is out the window.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-14-2021, 12:12 PM
This may be heresy for a Badger fan, but I saw a lot of Watt the past few seasons, and I'd take Clark over him any day. Both have suffered from double teams, but Clark has handled it better in recent years for Watt anyway plus, we should have a lot of quality years with Clark long after Watt is retired. In general, though, I agree with you about "fat guys", especially in the O Line. My point about Linsley was more about finances and the cap - if things are handled right, we could certainly afford him.

Cletitdus can’t play the run nor the pass. Last season, he was pretty much just a fat milksop occupying space on the field. Hell, Adams and Keke made more plays ole Cletidus!

As I wrote in the Watt pun thread, Watt might not be DPOY Watt anymore, but he’s still a force at rushing the passer as well as stonewalling the runner. Still can tip passes, too. And play TE.

To paraphrase Coldplay, give me Watt over Clark.

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2021, 12:17 PM
My hot take. This is very possibly the last year of Rodgers in GB. Without knowing who is holding the line, bottom line is that we got under the cap WITHOUT the Rodgers restructure. That makes trading him after next year very easy. If its Rodgers being difficult it might push management to moving him. If its management just not doing it, its tipping their hand as far as their intentions. Of course if Rodgers does the restructure in 2 weeks so we can sign Cory Davis then that calculation is out the window.

You're talking like somebody who doesn't care if the team goes in the shitter - which is exactly what would happen if Rodgers was gone after this year. And Corey Davis? Sheeeeesh! Not only do we NOT need a WR, but there are a lot of better ones probably for less money than him.

And APB, I'll stick by what I said about Clark.