PDA

View Full Version : Interesting summation of the last 11 years in the playoffs game by game.

Upnorth
01-27-2021, 09:40 AM
I hate to pour kerosene on the fire then throw napalm on it but read this.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2021/1/27/22249460/aaron-rodgers-deserved-better-then-and-now

It's very uninspiring.

Looking at the list of receivers in the 2015 Arizona game makes me so thankful for what we have now.

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 10:34 AM
This is exactly what I’ve been saying. While things have gotten a little better currently, it just isn’t good enough!

Aaron Rodgers has been a trooper through it all and could not of positioned himself any better after what he did “On & Off the Field This Season.” He played masterfully and his teammates LOVE HIM!! He will be meeting with the Packers soon and his message in so many words should be “HELP ME NOW OR KICK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!” There is no more time to fiddle around and play games. There is no more time for “Let’s get them next year and build up.” We have finally reached the end of the rope which has been forced by Brian Gutekunst with the Jordan Love pick whether people want to hear it or not!!! Things are positioned where you either support Rodgers to get over the hump or you make a clean break and go continue your endless developing plan with some dude that none of us have ever even seen in a Packer uniform!

The time is NOW!! This will be one of the most interesting off-season in Packer history for sure. It will ultimately go one of two ways an each of those ways would be rather extreme. One being restructuring Rodgers contract and finally going “All-In” to win Titles with Rodgers remaining window. The other being a massive rebuild that could even include a year of Tim Boyle at QB!!

“Fish Or Cut Bait”

Upnorth
01-27-2021, 12:00 PM
My take away from all this is from a talent perspective this team is likely the best Rodgers has played on except the 2009-2010 team. I feel this oline is better but that dline was better. Still shocked at the 2009 Cardinals game how they fell apart.

If we retain tonyan and mvs and Lazard continue to improve they may end up as good as the Finley nelson Jennings driver combo.

George Cumby
01-27-2021, 12:19 PM
I hate to pour kerosene on the fire then throw napalm on it but read this.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/by-the-numbers/2021/1/27/22249460/aaron-rodgers-deserved-better-then-and-now

It's very uninspiring.

Looking at the list of receivers in the 2015 Arizona game makes me so thankful for what we have now.

You are a masochist, a sadist, or both.

I opened the link, saw that Arizona game and Noped the fuck out of there.

:-P

th87
01-27-2021, 12:43 PM
Rodgers has been done dirty by MM, DC, TT, and Pettine.

MM - Coached scared in 2014. Ruined his credibility and spilled into 2015. Should've been fired then. Hung on to Dom Capers too long.

TT - unimpressive drafts after 2011. Nick Perry over Harrison Smith. Jerel Worthy over Lavonte David. Datone Jones over DeAndre Hopkins. HHCD over Dee Ford. Kevin King over TJ Watt. No interest in FA despite weaker drafts, which caused a huge talent depletion. This led to Gunter covering Julio; MD Jennings, etc.

DC - Defense sucked after 2010. 2012 was the Kaepernick game, after which he should've been fired. Hung on for 5 more years.

Pettine - solidified the need to fire him last year after complete ineptitude against SF. A complete failure to keep him another year to predictably blow it again.

But Rodgers himself:
- Cardinals 2009 - missed a wide open Jennings to win the game and fumbled on the next play (the ball was out before the facemask, and he completely didn't see the blitz coming).

- 2010 Bears - threw a bad interception and was shut down after. Facing a better QB than Hanie could've been bad.

2011 - Missed an open TD pass to Jennings, didn't see JPP on the fumble.

2013 - Settled for a FG to tie when they got to first and goal.

2014 - 2 interceptions, unable to capitalize on 5 turnovers, couldn't score on goal to go, didn't go after Sherman and Thomas (who were both super injured).

2019 - Looked disengaged. Interception, fumbles.

2020 - Reverted to McCarthy ball at the worst time. Couldn't capitalize on gift interceptions to go ahead.

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 01:19 PM
My take away from all this is from a talent perspective this team is likely the best Rodgers has played on except the 2009-2010 team. I feel this oline is better but that dline was better. Still shocked at the 2009 Cardinals game how they fell apart.

If we retain tonyan and mvs and Lazard continue to improve they may end up as good as the Finley nelson Jennings driver combo.

And the INSANITY continues!!!

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 01:29 PM
I really do get that people’s hearts are in the right place but drafting a corner while losing Aaron Jones and counting on the same old guys on offense isn’t gonna get this team over the hump!!! I really don’t understand how anyone’s brain can even think that way after what we just saw.

Has anyone not accepted that by now? Did you not see these receivers getting beaten down like little B*tch’* against press coverage late in the game? You can’t cry about holding calls!!! All that leads to is us sitting here watching other teams playing in the Super Bowl! You need guys or a guy that can beat that opposite Adams!! Someone to leverage the double teams on Adams. With Jones leaving they will need another perimeter weapon more then ever!

Lazard is not Jordy and MVS is not Jennings and Tonyan isn’t even close to Finley. I really can’t take the “Fairy Tales” much more!!

GB-Brandon
01-27-2021, 01:37 PM
Let’s just throw another draft pick into Mike Pettine’s incompetent system and go win a Super Bowl!!

And people wonder why it doesn’t work!! The amount of INSANITY is just biblical!! I’ve never seen anything like it that has just gone on for so long “Over & Over.”

th87
01-27-2021, 05:40 PM
Let’s just throw another draft pick into Mike Pettine’s incompetent system and go win a Super Bowl!!

And people wonder why it doesn’t work!! The amount of INSANITY is just biblical!! I’ve never seen anything like it that has just gone on for so long “Over & Over.”

Totally agree. All those investments and still a bad defense.

Upnorth
01-27-2021, 07:40 PM
I think pettine is gone. At least I will be suprised if he isn't. We have decent talent. Just need a puppeteer.

Bretsky
01-27-2021, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Upnorth;1084356

If we retain tonyan and mvs and Lazard continue to improve they may end up as good as the Finley nelson Jennings driver combo.[/QUOTE]

:bs2::bs2:

Anti-Polar Bear
01-28-2021, 03:22 AM
Rodgers has been done dirty by MM, DC, TT, and Pettine.

MM - Coached scared in 2014. Ruined his credibility and spilled into 2015. Should've been fired then. Hung on to Dom Capers too long.

TT - unimpressive drafts after 2011. Nick Perry over Harrison Smith. Jerel Worthy over Lavonte David. Datone Jones over DeAndre Hopkins. HHCD over Dee Ford. Kevin King over TJ Watt. No interest in FA despite weaker drafts, which caused a huge talent depletion. This led to Gunter covering Julio; MD Jennings, etc.

DC - Defense sucked after 2010. 2012 was the Kaepernick game, after which he should've been fired. Hung on for 5 more years.

Pettine - solidified the need to fire him last year after complete ineptitude against SF. A complete failure to keep him another year to predictably blow it again.

But Rodgers himself:
- Cardinals 2009 - missed a wide open Jennings to win the game and fumbled on the next play (the ball was out before the facemask, and he completely didn't see the blitz coming).

- 2010 Bears - threw a bad interception and was shut down after. Facing a better QB than Hanie could've been bad.

2011 - Missed an open TD pass to Jennings, didn't see JPP on the fumble.

2013 - Settled for a FG to tie when they got to first and goal.

2014 - 2 interceptions, unable to capitalize on 5 turnovers, couldn't score on goal to go, didn't go after Sherman and Thomas (who were both super injured).

2019 - Looked disengaged. Interception, fumbles.

2020 - Reverted to McCarthy ball at the worst time. Couldn't capitalize on gift interceptions to go ahead.

Word.